[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Pauper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Thoughtcast.png (235KB, 357x268px) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtcast.png
235KB, 357x268px
Pauper thread?

There's a small local tournament being held here and I've never played competitively.

What deck should I play for the best chance to win? I have no idea what the metagame is around here, but I can build almost anything but Tron decks. Recommendations?
>>
>>54650564
Haven't looked at Pauper in a while, but Delver and MBC used to be really good?
>>
>>54650564
UR Delver is the currently best deck.
>>
There is no real "best deck" in pauper, but UR Delver is the watermark. It posts roughly even EVs against most decks and is skill intensive.
Affinity, Tron, and Dimir also are good.
>>
>>54650920
>Dimir
Teachings?
>>
Burn is always a thing

but mbc is easy to play and cheap
>>
Are there any decent UW control type decks?
>>
>>54651084
UW Acid Trip
>>
>>54651111
Thanks.
>>
>>54650564
Burn is the most fun but also expensive because legacy.

Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters
>>
>>54650824
Mono Blue Delver is okay, best in longer games. MBC is kinda shit if numbers mean anything. It's shown up once in 11 top 32s with a 4-3 or 3-3 record and maybe put up two 5-0s in the last 3 months. UR Delver is better than mono-Blue in most matchups and a bunch of decks do the control/value bit better than MBC can.

>>54651043
Flicker and Alchemy are the two most common Dimir Variants. Teachings shows up less often because aggro is so prevalent at the moment and presumably not that many people are willing to use it.

>>54651069
Burn is pretty much a dumpster fire.

>>54651367
>drop the Green that gives you a 4/4 for 2 and doesn't lose to Gorilla Shaman, Smash to Smithereens, Electrickery, Disfigure, Gleeful Sabotage, etc
W e w
>>
guys, does anyone know any good international-shipping proxy websites?

i want to create a Tabletop RPG version of the Shandalar Game, and i want to use the same cards used on the game.

halp
>>
>>54651452
If you don't need to pass them off of real cards you can get decent stuff off of Ali Express (Chinese amazon). Colors will be too dark compared to real cards and a bit glossy but if you just want it for an RPG they would work.
>>
>>54651475
thanks dud
i wasn't sure about Aliexpress but since they're decent i'll buy from someone there

any special vendors you wanna recommend, everyone in china and their mom sell stuff at aliexpress so i'm a bit lost
>>
>>54651367
>Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters

Would a Disciple of the Vault or two be worth adding? I just love that little guy.
>>
>>54651518
Grixis Affinity is okay, but the it suffers from not being able to beat face as much as Temur and Disciple dies to every instant speed removal ever. It's popped up a few times, just really suffers from not having the bullshit that is Cranial Plating to justify the Black
>>
Wat is the best meme?
>>
>>54651367
>Affinity is also really good but if you netdeck drop the green for vault skirges and add ornithopter and bonesplitters
sounds bad man
>>
>>54650564
>What deck should I play for the best chance to win?
What a boring attitude
>>
Is monoblack control still viable?
>>
>>54655272
Why wouldn't you also want blue?
>>
>>54655349
I like the idea of mono black but I'm open
What would you suggest?
>>
>>54655378
counterspells
>>
>>54655397
ok :P
>>
>>54655409
hey man
they work
>>
>>54650564
Going in to an unknown meta with very little background knowledge of the format?

Play burn.

Brisbane?
>>
>>54651518
Affinity is so good you dont even need disciple
>>
File: 1494539750236.png (637KB, 795x603px) Image search: [Google]
1494539750236.png
637KB, 795x603px
>tfw wanted to make a battlebox for a year but can't get myself to pay shipping for such cheap cards

I just want to do things like pic related

MODO just doesn't do it for me
>>
>>54654442
One Land Spy is the best pauper meme
>>
>>54661196
Does that deck even fucking work?
>>
>>54661278
In my paper meta it has a ~40% WR, it's awful but one of the most fun decks to play
>>
File: PauperBNP 003.jpg (753KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperBNP 003.jpg
753KB, 2304x1728px
whenever a Pauper thread is born, I must post PIGS
>>
File: MtG_Pauper_Petal Festival.jpg (2MB, 4046x2356px) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Pauper_Petal Festival.jpg
2MB, 4046x2356px
>>54662440
I see you post everytime and I raise with my shitlist.
>>
What do we think about Delver and Kiln Fiend in the same deck? Something like:

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Faerie Miscreant
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Kiln Fiend
4 Ninja of the Deep Hours
4 Brainstorm
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Skred
4 Counterspell
3 Daze
2 Temur Battle Rage
2 Gush
4 Ash Barrens
4 Terramorphic Expanse
8 SC Island
2 SC Mountain
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.