[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here played this RPG? Was it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Bubblegum Crisis.png (1MB, 937x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Bubblegum Crisis.png
1MB, 937x1168px
Has anyone here played this RPG? Was it any good?
>>
>>54650557

wasn't this just BESM or something else?
>>
It was Fuzion.

But you could always convert to BESM or OVA or GURPS.
>>
>>54650557
It's alright even though it has some major flaws that need houseruling. Probably one of the most infamous is that in the game the hardsuits slow you down when making you faster and more agile is one of their most important features in the show.
>>
>>54650557
Loved it to death. Perhaps the best game to come out of the Fuzion system.
>>
>>54650557
First game I ever played after red box D&D. Blew my 15 year old mind at the time, the art and flexibility especially. Going back years later and realizing the "Fuzion" system was basically just HERO but not good was kind of startling, but over all I have super fond memories. I can't help but love it to death, but I dunno if i'd actually recommend it.
>>
No but my god do I want to now
>>
>>54653620
It's pretty great. Despite having played it more than a decade ago, I only went and watched the actual show it's based on a few months ago, and it was awesome. I mean, kinda disjointed and weird, since it wasn't so much one 8 episode show as it was 8 OVAs spread out over like five years, but I had a lot of fun with it anyway. Can't recommend the reboot though.
>>
played it for a short time, group was looking forward to getting power armor and fighting killer robots.
GM decided "power armor isn't any fun" and "no one wants power armor".
Party ended up being under-equipped for robot fighting normal human Texas rangers who got turned into chunky salsa every session.
the phrase "one riot one ranger" was thrown around by the GM repeatedly, as well as ":why are you dying?"
biggest gun any of us had was ONE guy had a .38 during the first session, and he got salsaed first.
He did scratch the paint on the boomer, so that was something,
I'm still kinda bitter about it, because a) he still brings it up, and b) he still complains about it being all OUR fault
>>
>>54654526
I know it's in vogue to call people autistic around here these days, but..this guy sounds actually autistic. Or at least profoundly damaged. Honestly though, it is a little your fault. Not for dying all the time, but for still playing the game after he said "this game about power armor won't have any power armor". The appropriate response is "well fuck you then, I guess we're playing something else".
>>
>>54653607
What made it like Hero? What made it inferior to Hero?
>>
>>54651751
Could you clarify what you mean by this?
>>
Anybody else think it looks like bubbleCUM crisis? Anyone? lol
>>
>>54655305
It's been several years since I looked at it, so my answers will be kinda vague, but...it was, to my eyes at least, more or less identical to HERO in the basic mechanics. Wikipedia tells me it was a blend of HERO and whatever the Interlock system was, but I never played any Interlock games. What made it worse was 1. despite being largely just HERO it didn't really have any pointbuy system. You kinda just got what you got, which is ditching one of HEROs greatest strengths. I guess there was a hardsuit construction system but I don't recall it being anything special (though again, i was using it when i was a teenager so...maybe it's great). 2. it was also really clunky trying to make new terms. Like...ok, you know megadamage in rifts, and how it's sorta awkward and dumb? BGC has that too, but it's like...13 dice of damage becomes one "kill" of damage, because I guess the average roll on 13 dice would kill a normal person or something? It was trying to cut back on rolling, but it was all really arbitrary and awkward, especially when you got into half-kills and .8 of a kill and shit. Personally, if i were to run it again, I'd just take all the awesome art and ideas, and use them and some basic stat ideas from the book to run it in straight HERO 6th. Or 5th. Whichever I could dig up first.
>>
>>54655421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEdDcnufRg I mean, it's a show about hot chicks killing robots. Their armor has high heels for god sake. So it's not just you, it's kinda textual.
>>
I played it a ton but I don't remember much about the rules, mainly because we were very rp heavy. As in we went diceless a lot of the time. I loved the hell out of it and my character's name was Roxy (oc do not steal). I was in 10th grade and I still have art laying around someplace because I drew a lot of what was going on. I had knuckle bombers and I hope you all enjoyed this tale.
>>
>>54654775
well, it has been a while but from what I remember we were all so wild to play the game that we were willing to let him run it. (seeing as he had bought the book, and he wasn't willing to let anyone else borrow it long enough to read it to run it ourselves)
The first session, we chalked up to him not really knowing the rules. Second session we figured, well maybe the system is really deadly. Third session, well ok we should have figured it out by then.
Part of it was us hoping that MAYBE if we survived long enough, and made a good enough show against the boomers in america, we would attract the attention of the Knight Sabers, and they would come and outfit us.
We were making better progress towards depopulating Texas than getting the KS attention tho.
and no the guy isn't autistic, he just starts with a bad idea, and won't let it go no matter what.
so a moron.
>>
>>54655484
Say no more.

> Hero System 6th Edition Trove
m3g4
#F!06Q2kY7I!r2JY-moVxFUGl90w6LDa2A

> Hero System 5th Edition Trove
m3g4
#F!Ym5RHIJL! Qk1NgisxONlZbCQdbNYBZg
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.