[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Finder Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: 1387090200465.jpg (62KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1387090200465.jpg
62KB, 500x434px
>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
>>
File: w75NnPu.png (2MB, 1506x1645px) Image search: [Google]
w75NnPu.png
2MB, 1506x1645px
>>54647919
>GM or Player
GM & 1 maybe 2 players
>System(s)
WHFRP 2nd Edition or Zweihander Not sure yet
>Time availability
Sunday, Maybe monday (Doubt it though for monday)
>Text or Voice
Voice, english only
>Contact Information
girwasx
[email protected]
>Additional Information
Dont need to know the systems, well be fine with teaching
>>
File: Malal-symbol.gif (6KB, 143x200px) Image search: [Google]
Malal-symbol.gif
6KB, 143x200px
Posting here in new bread

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Black Crusade
>Time availability
Saturdays @ 2:30pm EDT
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
ELH#5618
>Additional Information
I'm looking to start up a text-only game of Black Crusade on Saturdays. The catch is that all of the PCs must stay unaligned due to working with a daemon(ette) of Malice. There's more details on the roll20 page. No CSMs or advanced archetypes. Apps close Thursday evening!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84879/malices-black-crusade
>>
>>54648108
i want to play, but the text only makes it a no go for me. i cant type for shit
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
5e
>Time availability
Friday after 5PM EST, any time on Saturday.
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/users/1894110/mitchell
or Reed7960#1217 on Discord
>Additional Information
I want something that's open world and sandboxy. Not required, but it'd be nice.
>>
>>54648037
>girwasx
Is this a discord handle? You need your #number
>>
>>54651603
nah my skype sorry forgot to specify
>>
>>54651692
And is there a time you've got in mind for your game? Time zone?
>>
>>54651731
not really though most of us are EST we may be good for most times sunday or possibly monday
>>
File: 1501440409123.png (89KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1501440409123.png
89KB, 261x192px
>post the post that gets a dude to post the in the gamefinder about his sci-fi mystery game
>he doesn't even talk to me after I hop in the chat, just tells us all he's found his players

Life is suffering
>>
File: Ranger Ryan.png (32KB, 257x308px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger Ryan.png
32KB, 257x308px
>>54647919
>GM or Player
DM
>System(s)
D&D 5e +
Anything not in Core PHB requires my A-OK approval
>Time availability
Every Sunday at NOON (EST / GMT -4)
>Text or Voice
Voice in Discord
>Contact Information
Discord: https://discord.gg/qUDyCZG & @dnd
Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/2315169/4Rg7Sg
>Additional Information
it says Part 7 because its the 7th Campaign I've ran doing Dark Fantasy Dungeon Crawlers
you haven't missed anything don't worry

This one is a really edgy bloodborne ripoff

Ignore player count, any and all are welcome to attend
Game is drop-in/drop-out more or less
I require 4+ people for a session to start

Read the Pins
Read the Handouts
@ Me in Discord when you get in, and I'll get you your roles & sheets
Any questions or concerns, @ the other players.
You do can whatever you want, so long as you can explain it, roll it and not yell at me if it backfires
Do not break mode
>>
>>54652655
>Do not break mode
What did he mean by this? Does it mean something like 'Don't break character'?
>>
>>54652776
Don't break the game.
>>
>>54652655
>interesting sounding game
>system I know
>no rando fucking around with splats
>playing on a sunday
God being religious and a gamer is suffering.
>>
>>54652976
How damn long do you spend at church that starting at noon is off-limits?
>>
>>54653013
It's really fucking complicated and I don't want to get into it.
>>
>>54653013
>>54653087
God doesn't allow D&D on Sundays. Only Steve Jackson games.
>>
File: LivingCrown.png (331KB, 862x772px) Image search: [Google]
LivingCrown.png
331KB, 862x772px
>>54652776
>>54652812
Breaking mode would be like, on this map for example, insisting you use climbing gear to scale down the mountain, or arguing you can just climb over the walls the divide rooms just because its all open air. The mode of play is the 2D map dungeon crawl, don't break that.
>>
>>54653013
>>GM or Player
GM
>>System(s)
Savage worlds
>>Time availability
We begin september 1st. Applications should be submitted to the bellow r20 link. I'm looking for quality over quantity here (you'll be joining fragments of a pre-existing group), so I will begin reading these applications all together late august and picking the best of the best. If I get enough a backup list couldn't hurt. I've recently gotten a promotion and my schedule will change, along with a greater core group response than anticipated the option for 2 groups is a distinct possibility. Second group time slot is currently up for debate, nothing has changed with original idea.
>>Text or Voice
Text, though if we go into A group and B group voice may become an option. Talk to me about it.
>>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83984/royal-road-wardens
Get in touch with Polka Flies #3845 on discord if you have any questions or whatever.
>>Additional Information
Players will assume the roles of royal road wardens, the vaguely renaissance setting equivalent of a knighted federal police force. A poorly thought out extension of the monarchy's authority that has become listless in this time of relative peace. So if you like powder fantasy (and there's one thing I know /tg/ both loves and fucking loathes the idea of guns existing next to magic. hello 3 angry threads since my original gm post), and procedural cop dramas this is the game for you.

We're going to start off simple, letting people get used to each other and the world before we hit full stride. Players will select from various cases and be tasked with resolving them as they see fit. I've a good variety of combat/investigation/pursuit/politicking/etc prepped up so that this selection process can act as a testbed for the game proper.
>>
>>54653633
>Why the fuck did I link that post and not op?
Posting while drunk is the answer. >>54647919
>>
>>54654042
Leather does not make "excellent" armor. It makes decent armor that's much lighter than its competing designs.

Also shields in general tended to be made of wood and hide. The goal of a shield is to just get in the way of things, they don't need to be all that sturdy especially because their weight and as a result the ease of their movement is such an important factor. Hell early medieval/late viking era duels could allow for 3 shields to be used over the process because those things just fucking broke.
>>
Anyone willing to put up with a guy whose only option is text? Can't do voice stuff because I'm mute.
>>
>>54654253
There's a number of play-by-post games around, but you won't really find them here. Check official forums of the game you want to play.
>>
>>54654253
There are two text games in this thread plenty more in the previous thread.
The answer is no because you clearly don't care enough to have figured this out for yourself
>>
>>54654253
Why do you need to fake being mute? It's fine to be nervous, dude.
>>
File: rob-1.jpg (377KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
rob-1.jpg
377KB, 640x853px
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
nWoD, oWoD, Dark Heresy, Black Crusade, Rogue Trader, Exalted 3e, Blades in the Dark, Call of Cthulhu, WHFRP 2e, Apocalypse World, Urban Shadows, and many others.
I'm open to most types of games and systems other than D&D/Pathfinder/OSR stuff, just pitch your idea to me. I'm down for solo or group games.
>Time availability
I'm busy Mondays. Otherwise I have pretty open availability.
>Text or Voice
Text, real time or play-by-post
>Contact Information
VexationOfSpirit#7981
>Additional Information
I'm a roleplayer dedicated to crafting genuine characters rather than self-inserts. My characters don't struggle in a sandbox and behave like real people with goals, relationships, beliefs, and faults. They do not infallibly act in their own best interest at all times like someone trying to win a game. If you're looking for someone to tell a story with, contact me.
>>
>>54654784
Why do you assume that he's faking being mute?
>>
>>54654784
It's not unreasonable. I know someone in RL who has issues gaming due to being 98% deaf or some shit, so can't use voice chat for gaming and people get shitty about it.
>>
>>54654253
GM or player?
>>
>>54655675
Because people aren't mute? It's not a thing.
>>
>>54655901
But it is.
>>
>>54655904
Provide proof, then, because it's just as fake as multiple personalities.
>>
>>54655925
Mate, don't put mutes in the same box as trans-trenders, they absolutely are a real thing.
>>
>>54655925
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muteness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaf-mute
>inb4 wikipedia
>>
>>54655971
So you're going to believe someone's online claim of an extremely rare medical condition? Especially when circumstances (being in this thread on 4chan) point towards crippling social anxiety instead? Well fuck I have synesthesia and even I think you're retarded.
>>
>>54655971
>wikipedia
>inb4-ing your own post
Seriously consider suicide, newfag.
>>
>>54656002
Muteness is not rare when it's related to deafness, as deaf people have a lot of trouble communicating verbally and articulating words. Are you going to say deafness is a rare condition as well?
>>
>>54655925
>>54656002
>fake
>extremely rare
which one is it?
>>
>>54656021
If you're mute because you're deaf, then your deafness is the root cause, and you'd cite that you're deaf, not mute, you fucking nigger.
>>
>>54656031
nice assumption
>>
>>54656002
Who are you to judge? Just don't invite them to your game and move the fuck on.
>>
>>54656043
Deaf people are cunts, and they take pride in being disabled. They literally stab their own children in the ears. Do you really expect them to not tell people they're deaf?
>>
>>54656029
different people bub.
>>54656047
A person they asked to judge them. If they didn't want to be judged they wouldn't have brought their condition to the forefront, and would have instead just joined a game like a normal person.
>>
>>54654253
it is a subtle bait.

You can almost feel the hook: lesser men are captured outright.
>>
>>54656078
You judged the wrong thing; instead of judging whether you'd play with them, you judged whether their condition is fake or not.
>>
>>54656089
Well I'll tell you now that I'm judging them not based on their condition's existence. Instead on their need to justify inclusion in something based on a superfluous super rare and special medical condition.

Again, bringing attention to their muteness real or otherwise, in a context that couldn't care less is just fishing for pity. Now if they asked if they could be accepted into a text game despite having no arms and relying on chopsticks taped to their stumps to type, then said medical condition might actually be relevant to their inclusion in such a game.
>>
>>54656154
Except many times when you say "text only please" people do the whole "text is shit, buy a mic faggot" thing.

Few stop to think that there is a good reason people are looking for games here instead of RL.
>>
>>54656311
Ah I see you point. Like how that's happening right now. In this thread. This thread with text games in it. Just like it happened in the last thread. The last thread with even more text games in it.

Have you considered that attempting to preempt a faggot isn't going to stop them from being a faggot? It just outs you as needing to defend yourself against perceived imaginary attacks caused by a difference in an entirely subjective opinion. Imagine walking into a mall (those are still things right?) and just screaming "NOBODY MAKE FUN OF ME FOR HAVING 3 NIPPLES PLEASE ITS TOTALLY NORMAL AND I'M COMFORTABLE WITH THEM ALL!"
>>
>>54656469
>because it hasn't happened in this thread it hasn't happened in the past

You're really new at game finder threads if you think bashing on text-only users is not something that happens.
>>
>people arguing about muteness
>people arguing about Wikipedia as a source when you can see the citations from medical journals
>not using the thread for it's intended purpose

I don't get this generation.
>>
>>54656490
I'm not, and past bashing doesn't seem to be occurring right now. Instead you're being bashed for finding the need to justify your personal preferences to others such that you be judged solely on those justifications rather than any actual merit you as a person might have.

I would not invite you to a game because you prefer text (because if I was running a text game that'd be preferable, and my opinions would be a non-factor if I was running voice). Not because you're mute because that literally doesn't matter and would never come up in a text game, what with the lack of verbal communications those tend to entail. Rather I wouldn't invite you because you need me to know you're mute.

>>54656644
Shut up ya mute loving elderly person.
>>
>>54656670
>you
nice assumption

I feel really bad for falling for such bait
>>
>>54656677
Yeah addressing the person you're talking to with broad examples for the purpose of clarity is always a silly mistake.
>>
>>54653327
> arguing you can just climb over the walls the divide rooms just because its all open air.

but... you could totally do that. i don't understand at all. thief even has special rules for being good at this.

> The mode of play is the 2D map dungeon crawl, don't break that.

does flight just not exist then or what?

i'm so confused by this post.
>>
>>54653633
> evening EST

could you all just move to europe so I don't have to keep reading "it's a system you like and a world you find interesting but it's running at 4am" please
>>
>>54657924
don't break mode
>>
File: 1500924982654.jpg (192KB, 1280x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1500924982654.jpg
192KB, 1280x1676px
Where are the shadowrun games?
>>
>>54657924
>i'm so confused by this post
It's an excuse to not have to think about dungeon design and creative problem solving created by it.
>>
>>54653327
>creative problem solving is forbidden
Nice of you to tell us you're That DM before we even sign up.
>>
boomp
>>
I just want some friends.
>>
File: 1481047616390.jpg (304KB, 1100x731px) Image search: [Google]
1481047616390.jpg
304KB, 1100x731px
>>54661646
As a Shadowrun GM, you would not believe how crazy the GM:Player ratio is for SR5. It's a hard fucking system to run with all the bells and whistles and any attempt to look for players gets dozens of applicants immediately.
>>
>>54666462
SR4 is more widely played still I think.
>>
>GM or Player
Player seeking GM
>System(s)
Dark Heresy
>Time availability
12:00 to 16:30 EST (16:30 to 19:00 is dinner time for me and family) 19:00 to about 23:00. these are my general availability but there will be short interruptions as I'm still living with my family and they demand things out of me
>Text or Voice
Both are good, but preferably Voice for IC
>Contact Information
:F|F: Jeff Belinger on Steam (leave a comment on profile to identify yourself as a GM or fellow player, I'm getting harassed by other steam users to sell my unusual hats on TF2)
Jeff Belinger #6987 on Discord
>Additional Information
I have Asperger's Syndrome, but I'm decently socialized, although I have a tendency to sound like a dick at times, that's not intentional. I'm dying to get into a game because I'm planning to run a game of Dark Heresy in the future and I want to know how the game rolls realistically and not just hop into GMing a game I have no idea how it's supposed to go
>>
>>54666462
I always felt Shadowrun to be one of the hardest games to run unless you cut out a lot of stuff.
>>
>>54666614
Nope.
>>
>>54666462
It doesn't seem that hard to me
>>
>>54647919
>Gm or Player
GM
>System
Pathfinder (Iron Gods AP to be precise)
>Time availability
Weekdays 3-9 PM EST, Sundays 2-8 EST
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact information
@Severus Quintus#4449 on Discord
>Additional Information
Covered here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13_WbneOstOqUBvTmtjaqWcISBkG9taZEmfDTB1OrHx0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>offer possibility as to why one anon might be having an issue
>response is just "Nope." with no evidence since it'd be impossible to gather
Really makes you thonk
>>
>>54667065
Rigger shit, meat-shit, astral-shit and decker-shit is almost like 4 different games running at once. Plus you have all the social stuff to take into account, it's a lot of work.

I'm not sure I've seen a game running all those aspects and lasted. Most just cut out one or more.
>>
I don't want to be That Player
but I've been itching to play 3.5/PF since I haven't actually played it outside of shit like NWN and stuff in almost 6 years. Is anyone out there looking for players? or should I check out a different thread or something?
>>
>>54667884

>>54667531
>>
>>54667945
>Text only
Sorry man, looking for something where I can just relax with other autists
>>
>>54667065
SR is an absolute nightmare to run, trust me. You're literally running four to six games at once that need to mesh together and keeping in mind that different players are involved in each one.
>>
File: image.jpg (386KB, 1296x1728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 1296x1728px
> GM
> GURPS

> Available midday, Wednesday's, every week. Timezone is Perth, Western Australia.

> Roll20 voice only

> threethreethree#1894

> Additional notes: experienced GURPS players preferred. Using the Bricks of Maru-Du article from Pyramid 3/5 as campaign frame. Setting is modern day earth. Campaign is named [GURPS Horror/Espionage] Bricks on Roll20.

PM me if you have more questions. Thanks!
>>
>>54662410
>an excuse not to think about dungeon design
theres a reason why every official dungeon is a castle, cave, tomb or temple
>>54664339
>creative problem solving is forbidden
its because of this asshole
>>
>>54669234
You're the one saying "no you can't climb over the walls for [undefined reason]". Unless you communicated that really shittily and you were meaning "you can't climb over the walls because there's a roof up there, it's just not drawn on the map because it would get in the way".
>>
File: africa_zeroin.jpg (101KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
africa_zeroin.jpg
101KB, 960x948px
>>54668927
>voice only
>>
>>54666615
Astatic people don't exist
>>
>>54656644
who cares, it keeps the thread alive.

Yaa' dyslexic mute !
>>
>>54667065
>doesn't seem too hard to me

t. forever "I can't run a game, I'm too busy" player
>>
>>54667531
I was interested but then I sew that it has robots and shit in it making it a little silly for me.
>>
GM and 5 players
Talislanta 4e
https://youtu.be/8RUYejtvMwM
Saturday afternoon GMT, looking at 4ish PM
Both
https://discord.gg/Xcw2phj
This is an open table, looking both for more players and more GMs. Beginners welcome, all materials provided. Session 0 this Saturday.
>>
>>54672473
>Talislanta
There is a rare beast.
>>
>>54672400
Na, I'm a pretty experienced GM
>>
>>54671420
Shit, dude, they sure don't.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.