[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 27

File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 190x265px
What is everyone running right now?

I'm trying Esper Zombies...
>2x Gisa and Geralf
>2x Kalitas
>2x Prized Amalgam
>2x Dread Wanderer
>2x Lord of the Accursed
>2x Relentless Dead
>2x Transgress the Mind
>2x Harsh Scrutiny
>4x Anguished Unmaking
>4x Grasp of Darkness
>4x Wayward Servant
>1x Geralf's Masterpiece
>1x Liliana's Mastery
>1x From Under the Floorboards
>1x Sorin, Grim Nemesis
>1x Liliana, Death's Majesty
>1x Liliana, the Last Hope
>1x Bontu, the Glorified
>2x Thing in the Ice
>1x Westvale Abbey
>2x Choked Estuary
>2x Fetid Pools
>2x Sunken Hollow
>4x Concealed Courtyard
>2x Shambling Vent
>4x Swamp
>4x Plains
>2x Islands

Sideboard
>3x Negate
>3x Scatter to the Winds
>3x Void Shatter
>2x Lost Legacy
>2x Muder
>1x Ruinous Path
>1x Overwhelming Denial
>>
RG ramp is fun, and you can build it to counter RDW
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16362&d=301080&f=ST

I'm still working on my current list. I want to run a playset of Sylvan Advocates but they're too weak to removal
>>
4 Cultivator Caravan
2 Hedron Archive
3 Metalspinner puzzleknot
4 Prophetic Prism
2 Skysovereign

2 Elder Deep-Friend
4 Glint-Nest Crane
4 Herald of Kozilek
4 Metalwork Colossus

4 Kozileks Return
4 Spatial Contortion

4 Aether Hub
2 Inventor Fair
2 Island
3 Mountain
4 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Spire of Industry
4 Spirebluff Canal

T4-5 colossus and mass removal gg
>>
File: Josh Utter Leyton - Temur Emerge.png (560KB, 1152x839px) Image search: [Google]
Josh Utter Leyton - Temur Emerge.png
560KB, 1152x839px
This is Josh Utter Leyton's list from the PT.

4 Abrade
2 Aether Hub
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Censor
4 Champion of Wits
4 Elder Deep-Fiend
3 Hashep Oasis
4 Hour of Promise
2 Ipnu Rivulet
4 Kozilek's Return
1 Lumbering Falls
4 Ramunap Ruins
4 Rogue Refiner
2 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Sheltered Thicket
1 Skyline Cascade
4 Spirebluff Canal
2 Walking Ballista
1 Wandering Fumarole
2 World Breaker

I think it has potential, although there are some changes I would make:
-Turn 4 can be a bit awkward for emerge decks if your t3 creature is killed and you have a Deep-fiend sitting in your hand, so I've been thinking of adding some number of Feral Prowlers (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=430804) in order to give you the chance of going t4 Prowler + a 2 drop interactive spell and emerge a Deep-fiend t5.
-Another notable exclusion is Ramunap Excavator, which could be added in order to enable Sanctum Of Ugin chains.
-Last, Lashweed Lurker might be a good one of for the deck, because it gives you an out to a flipped Ormendahl, which this deck can't beat outside of chaining Deep-Fiends.
-Some number of Abrades could be switched up for Harnessed Lightning, depending on the meta (Abrade is better in a meta with monument, gift and gearhulk decks; while Lightning is better vs eldrazi and 4 toughness guys like Kalitas and Glorybringer)
-Same goes for Censor and Essence scatter - in a creature heavy meta Scatter might be better.

Another direction this deck could be taken is a more delirium focused toolbox build, with Traverse and one ofs like Ishkanah, Glorybringer, Goblin Dark Dwellers, Lashweed Lurker and perhaps even Decimator of the Provinces.
>>
Reminder that tappedout is free and doesn't make long-ass walls of text while also showing what the cards are when it's hovered over.
>>
Still working on Grixis Control. Gotta make sure the main board and sideboard are consistent enough to survive against most deck builds. RDW is tricky.
>>
>>54645667
These are Standard players, don't expect too much brainpower from them
>>
hey I'm new, pls help me out lads, thanks:

I want to get into this shit, standard specifically obviously, so I went to a comic book store and asked a few questions and whatnot.
the guy said that I should netdeck one of the "japan's pro tour" mono red decks that were used this past week because they were cheap and decent.

the thing is that I only found $250 decks online, and I realistically can't spend $250 so I was wondering if the "budget decks" are good enough for a starting player to tourneys in my local magic store.

I'm willing to spend about $50-60

and yes, it looks like "aggro" red decks is what I would like to play, based on my experience in other tcgs
>>
File: tumblr_nr3gwdHJc61rlvpheo1_250.jpg (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr3gwdHJc61rlvpheo1_250.jpg
50KB, 250x250px
>>54645829
OP here.

Just drop like 250 , not even, on this Esper deck. I went 3-1 casual tabletop in friendly STD tournament.
>>
>>54643827
>esper zombies
ha! i made that before zombies top 8'd
i did mine like this:
4 crypt breakers
3 lord of the accursed
3 rentless dead
2 metalic mimics
4 prized algoms
4 spirit zombies MLG
3 diregraft collosus
4 time to reflect
4 fatal push
2 dark salvation
3 evolving wilds
3 B/W fastlands
3 B/U cycle lands
3 B/U innistrad lands
1 island
1 plains
7 swamp

you wana discard spirit zombie bitch and used prized as the cost, they bounce into play and turn 3 lord of the accursed, turn 4 give em mence and win
>>
>>54645829
>I'm willing to spend about $50-60

Magic isn't the game for you.
>>
>>54646165
hepatra is pretty budget if you use cheep lands, and making a little bug army is fun
>>
>>54645829

>50-60

I was you like last week. My deck's gonna end up being about 150 minimum.

I just don't want to spend the 50$ on jank and then need up throw it all in the trash right after anyway.

I'm not selling magic well, but yeah looks like a pricey game.

I spent ~100$ so far on singles and my deck isn't even close to being done. Well some of those singles I fucked up and bought and they aren't gonna be in my deck in the end (bolas god pharoah, 2x neheb the eternals...)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ fuuuuuuuuuuug

don't forget to double sleeve with premium sleeves as well, with a deckdox! ($$$$)
>>
My purchases today:

1x Liliana's Mastery
1x Plague Belcher
4x Lord of the Accursed
2x Dreamstealer (already had 1, now at 3)
4x Dread Wanderer
4x Never // Return
1x Diregraf Colossus
1x Ammit Eternal
1x FATAL PUSH (traded a foil promo Fraying Sanity for it actually)
1x Cruel Reality (cheap, why not)
1x Neheb, the Eternal
2x Neheb, the Eternal Foil (good price)
1x Liliana, Death's Majesty
>>
>>54646652

Also on the way is:

4x Champion of Wits
4x Torment of Hailfire (lol)
1x Torment of Hailfire Foil (LOL)
>>
>>54645829
I'm interested in this too since I want to make a standard deck that I can use in the game day comp this weekend.
I'll probably just buy two different intro decks and see what I can make out of putting them together.
>>
>>54646165
>>54646572
alright, what's the cheapest competitive deck out there then?
>>
>>54646187
you could build full hapatra with the expensive lands for still under $50.

>>54645829
friendly advice, ignore the people at the comic book store when money is involved. they are not you're friends they prioritize selling products above all else.

you can easily build a playable deck for under $60, now whether you win or not depends on how try hard your LGS is.

Get cockatrice or forge and use those to look at all the cards in standard then build yourself a deck and compare prices on TCGplayer.

ALSO 4 sets are about to rotate out in late September so don't buy anything from: bfz, oath, soi, emn unless you don't mind them being unplayable in 2 months.

Cheap suggestion deck for you would be R/G pummeler
>>
>>54645829
Literally $160 of that deck is Chandra Torch of Defiance. Cut them for Glorybringer and you'll be good.
>>
>>54646716

Shit nigger why dafaq u askin me?

I'm in the same situation as you, i'm just one step ahead of you in realizing that you're not gonna get shit for less than 100$....

But i'm probably being a bit pessimistic.

However when you limit your max to 50$, then the average card price is 83 cents. Let's say you're playing 16 basic lands actually so, the average price is 50/44=1.14. Oh but sideboard. So your average price is 50/~60 = 83 cents a card.

At 83 cents per card, on average, what does that get you? A dick in your mouth, that's what.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 893x691px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 893x691px
Creatures
4 Ammit Eternal
4 Champion of Wits
1 Diregraf Colossus
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Instants
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
Planeswalkers
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
Sorceries
4 Never
Sideboard
4 Abrade
2 Neheb, the Eternal
1 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

Is this too many 3 drops? Is this not enough 2 drops? What are some decent 2 drops that will work? Pls no bully my sideboard until my mainboard is sorted ty :)
>>
>>54646716
you can make any competitive deck cheap by taking out the planeswalkers.

the deck that placed first in the pro tour this weekend SAYS it costs 263.38, if you remove the one playset of planeswalker from it you already cut the price to $120 and you could cut another $50 by replacing hazoret with glorybringer
Does your winrate drop from doing that? sure but you're also not trying to with the PT either.
>>
>>54646736
>>54646771
>>54647044
my most sincere thanks, lads.
>>
If I want to run esper control should I run 6 wraths? Or is that too few in this aggro world?
>>
>>54644648
I've been testing this same list, but can't get it to beat mardu vehicles. What do you do for Sideboarding? I'm planning to bring it to GP Mpls to stomp the hoards of midrange there.
>>
>>54647186
> 6
no wonder you're shit, you need to play 4

:^)
>>
File: ruin rat.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
ruin rat.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>54646997

hmmmm

4/4 eternalized deathtouch sounds fun

this is pretty much the only black 2 drop creature in standard.
>>
File: aether poisoner.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
aether poisoner.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54647418

wait this is a significant step up, cancel the rat
>>
File: gifted aetherborn.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
gifted aetherborn.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>54647435

wait this is a significant step up, cancel the aether poisoner
>>
>>54645829
I haven't seen any mardu vehicles yet though I doubt they'd give me any trouble
I maindeck 2 Dissenter's Deliverance, a playset of Abrade, 3 Sweltering Suns and 2 Hour of Devastation as well as a copy of Chandra, Flamecaller
In theory by the time their Gideon/Chandra start to threaten the game you should be able to Ulamog them away
Sand Strangler is a decent 2 of in the side, Chandra's defeat too. You can also have a Nissa, Vital Force and a couple of Tireless Trackers in the side if they somehow manage to grind you out
>>
>>54647503
Meant to reply to >>54647258
>>
>>54647533
Figured that.

You're playing Suns over K return? As much as I love cycling, I can't be down with that. I much prefer K return since it leaves my dryads alive, and I can catch haste creatures with it.

Nissa vital force seems interesting, I may try one of those in the board.
>>
>>54647567
Why not Radiant Flames? Keeps shit alive when you want it to. Kills 3 health creatures when you want it to also. It's a win win.
>>
>>54647586
Ignore me. I read it wrong, you're playing R/G, I thought you were the Mardu player.
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
1MB, 1366x768px
I entered a sealed tournament on MTGO and pulled a fucking goldmine. I've gone 3-2 so far and opened a 7th pack after 3 matches. 4 matches left. Rate my brew. Also, what do you think? What would you do differently?
>>
>>54647636
Yeah I'm the ramp player.

By dryads I meant the lifegain landfall dude from BFZ.

Do you side any crumble to dust? It's a house in the mirror if you manage to draw it.
>>
>>54647467
can also run glint-sleeve siphoner because you have aether hubs.
>>
>>54645829
Red/ black vampire madness, t'won't be in standard for long though.
>>
>>54647729

lol yeah I noticed her too. That pick might even make my sideboard (which is currently a pipedream) a little bit closer to feasibility.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 263x191px
>>54647732
>t'wont

is it necessary to abbreviate a 2 letter word?
>>
>>54647729

ooooooooooo maybe I can run both. oh SHIT

yeah that's a good idea. dropping some 3 drops
>>
>>54647567
I've modified the decklist a lot so that I can deal with aggro without having to sacrifice my matchups against midrange and control
Can't say if it's a good idea so far
>>
Why is the mtggoldfish guy so hellbent on using madcap experiment?
As someone currently brewing it, I really dislike his reanimator list. His spell lineup seem all over the place and I still am not fond of GPG in it because it exiles the hulks. That along with no copies of Lili Death's Majesty just seems odd to me.
>>
>>54646997
Consider Collective Brutality
>>
>>54648058

That's very bizarre for it to be hitting an all time high right before it rotates out... Anyways looks like a great card, but too much $ for a rotating card. Only doing the grasps because I can get a playset for under 10$...
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 894x742px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 894x742px
>>54648058

Here's the update so far:

Creatures
3 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
3 Dreamstealer
3 Gifted Aetherborn
3 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
4 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Instants
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
Planeswalkers
Sorceries
3 Never
Sideboard
4 Abrade
2 Neheb, the Eternal

Currently getting concerned that I might not hit the scarab god and won't get enough zombies for Lord of the Accursed to pay off.

But overall I still think this is an improvement.
>>
>>54648225
What's with the sideboard being red? You only have Aetherhubs to produce R, what do you do about RR cost on Neheb if you only have one hub?
>>
>>54648262

Thinking about filling the rest of the sideboard with some lands :^)
>>
>>54644722
No Manalith? Lets you reliably splash for Hailfire or Blessed Alliance.
>>
serious question, why is serpopard a sideboard only card, is a 4/3 for 3 that bad in mainboard?
>>
>>54648301

opponent will never see it coming :^)
>>
>>54648334
because it doesn't "do" anything outside of the control match up. It only exists to side in vs control so you can ensure your creatures are still playable.

Most decks would rather run a card that is actively pushing them to their win condition with worse stats than a card with better stats that has no effect vs midrange and aggro. (especially with aggro making up 60% of the pro tour)
>>
>>54648189
It's played in modern and legacy. It surpassed the status of just a standard card and it's going up because it's a good card sought in other formats
>>
Is there any way to make this rotating-proof?
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/716369
>>
>>54648818
thank you for clarifying
>>
Okay here it is.

Creatures
4 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
3 Lord of the Accursed
2 The Scarab God
Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp
Planeswalkers
Instants
3 Fatal Push
3 Grasp of Darkness
Sorceries
3 Never
Sideboard
1 Fatal Push
1 Grasp of Darkness

If there are no objections, I will move onto my sideboard now.

(I can safely throw the bolas in there right -- and it's not just a meme card -- it's a reasonable alternate win condition if my scarab gods don't pull through right? -- what are the odds I don't get an aether hub and also don't get a scarab god -- low)
>>
File: Capture.png (1021KB, 894x733px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1021KB, 894x733px
>>54650066
>>
File: Capture.png (926KB, 894x698px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
926KB, 894x698px
>>54650066
>>54650078

Or I could drop a siphoner and throw in a Razaketh.
>>
OP bump for interest

I wanna play on fri nite, will I do okay? What's the metagame like?
>>
>>54650122
Razaketh is unplayable unless you have a very consistent way to cheat him into play

I'd switch Nicol Bolas for a second Liliana for better consistency and because she synergizes with your deck a lot more
I would also replace the Lord of the Accursed along with a copy of Dreamstealer for a playset of Ammit Eternal
As for the last card of your deck you should add a 4th Glint-Sleeve Siphoner

Here is a quick list of cards you could put in your sideboard:
Negate
Doomfall
Lay Bare the Heart
Unsummon
Yaheeni's Expertise
Crook of Condemnation
I personally love Baral's Expertise and Consign // Oblivion, but I'm not sure they fit in your deck

What software is that? Cockatrice?
>>
>>54650554
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST&meta=50
This is what the competitive meta looks like
If your deck can't survive aggro you won't stand a chance
It's worth noting that Zombies, B/G Constrictor and U/R control barely got any new cards, so people in your LGS who played those decks last format will most likely play them again
>>
File: 1501555353693.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501555353693.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>54650675

>replace the Lord of the Accursed

but I need 6 x 6/6 zombies with deathtouch
>>
>>54650675

site is manastack.com

and thanks, capped post in case I forget anything. Razaketh is a meme but I guess I was considering it a "fouth" win condition card (scarab, scarab, bolas, razaketh)
>>
>>54650675

Oh and yeah I can get Ammit Eternal in there. You're probably right that dropping LOTA is the only reasonable way of doing it -- and eternal will pay off MUCH quicker than a LOTA will.
>>
>>54643827

>Esper Zombies
>Relentless Dead

BB cmc is not what you want to be running in a 3 colour list.
>>
>>54648331

He's already got prophetic prism, cultivators caravan and spire of industry, he has all the mana fixing he wants.
>>
>>54650554
Your deck has way to many 2 ofs and 1 ofs. You need playsets of the good zombies to have a reasonable zombie deck.
>>
>>54643827
alright so I'm a zombie player, this would be my suggestions with reasons behind each action
>remove gisa and geralf
4 mana non zombie (you've already lost synergy) whose mill accomplishes nothing because you have 3/60 cards that can even activate in the graveyard.
IF they let you play a zombie for free sure but there is no reason for those not to scarab gods
>remove transgress
pretty useless in a heavy aggro meta, check pro tour stats and see how many decks it would actually disrupt, just run more zombies instead
>remove harsh scrutiny
same as above, these are sidedeck cards for when you need to beat control, which is hardly being played
>remove from under the floorboards
you'll never cast this for more than 5 unless you're so far ahead you can't lose, mastery is better because it helps you do more combat damage ASAP which is what zombies do
>remove bontu
0 synergy, why is this not another zombie, you have a 2 cost card that has this same effect but doesnt cost mana to enable it
>remove thing in the ice
same as above, you're running 4 copies of a card that deals damage based on playing zombies when half your deck isn't even zombies.

here is what I would look into
>add dark salvation
from under the floorboards but it kills your opponents cards, even kills indestructible creatures or just cast it as a 1 mana grasp if your board is full
>more zombies
seriously you can't run cards that trigger on zombies effects and then only run 12 of them.

If this deck is supposed to be some kind of weird esper control just cut the zombies completely in favor of cards like gearhulk that gain advantage for being played in control.
>>
File: 40.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Any super sneaky things this card can do? I'm thinking about sideboarding it. Can't it stop emerge or something?
>>
>>54652244
It can't stop the creature but it can shut off the on cast ability like the tap 4 permanents part. It can also stop a ramunap ruins activation, or the exert and embalm/eternalize abilities.
>>
>>54652390
Let me.clarify on the exert part, you can't counter the exert, but every creature has a triggered ability that ties down to you choosing to exert or not, that triggered ability like ahn crop crasher making a dude unable to block, can be countered. And it will still be exerted, so if by off chance it still survived, it won't untapped next turn regardless if he was able to actually make someone unable to block or not.
>>
>>54652244
Stops planeswalker activation but it wont stop the addition of removal of loyalty counters. So if they remove counters to do something nasty just stop it.

Stops them from fetching lands with Evolving Wilds but they still sack the evolving wilds. Stops Westvale from flipping but not before they sac five creatures.
>>
Reminder if you're playing RDW you have literally no reason not to fit one copy of God Pharaoh's Throne in your sideboard against anyone that runs white for Authority of the Consuls
>>
i've been playing mono-red sligh since may, with a touch of RG Gods. i tried telling people that sligh was viable and only needed a touch more of reach to be a top deck, but they didn't listen. one guy played a fucking fevered visions game 1 and got domed for 20 off two flameblade adepts, a bomat courier, and three fiery tempers then proceeded to berate me for not playing a real deck. guess what he's playing right now?

RG Gods is fucken schweet and Honored Hydra doesn't get enough respect.
>>
So I'm going to finally get to try out my decks at FNM this week.

Which should I pilot? Temur Energy or R/G Pummeler?
>>
>>54653380
>i've been playing mono-red sligh since may, with a touch of RG Gods. i tried telling people that sligh was viable and only needed a touch more of reach to be a top deck, but they didn't listen. one guy played a fucking fevered visions game 1 and got domed for 20 off two flameblade adepts, a bomat courier, and three fiery tempers then proceeded to berate me for not playing a real deck. guess what he's playing right now?
I hope you've been insufferably smug about this to him.
>>
>>54646165
i got a solid locust god deck for 70 bucks

>inb4 locust is a meme card
>>
>>54653929
locust isn't a meme card it's an EDH card, which is close enough I guess.
>>
>>54643827
I'm thinking about making a more madness flavored RDW, aiming to make it lower to the ground (and also cheaper) than the current "stuff it with chandras and glorybringers" meta
I feel like putting expensive cards in the deck goes against the spirit of it
>>
>>54649017
Yup this anon knows
>>
>>54653270
this is some sweet tech, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>54655073
You can get away with Bloodrage Brawler definitely. Combos nice with Falkerath Gorgers and Hazoret.
>>
>>54655073
You'd be conceding a lot of consistency and power to do so
I think a better approach is to make a BR deck with Scrounger, and Unlicensed disintegration, you'd sacrifice about as much consistency but much less power
>>
>>54655683
Unlicensed Disintegration is more of a sideboard card in the current meta. It costs too much against Monored and Zombie decks.

But yeah, I played a version of BR Madness back when Amonkhet first rolled out and while it was fun, it was also very inconsistent and there just aren't enough decent madness payoffs to try and build around.

With every deck packing abrade as well, it's going to be rough to try and run key to the city.

The best BR deck you can make, probably, is to take the existing monored deck and slot in some scrapheaps, some ammit eternals, and a couple of black removal spells.

That said, I can't decide if I want to run 21 or 22 lands in my monored deck. At the moment I have 21 lands main deck with two in the sideboard to bring in with the Glorybringers, but that feels a bit clunky.
>>
>>54654786

I play Locust God in Vintage
>>
Anyone want to play cockatrice? Looking to test standard for pptq.
>>
>>54644722
This has been shitting on everybody so i guess i will post the side:

4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Negate
3 Battle at the Bridge

Plz respond i want to qualify with this deck.
>>
>>54658068
Your list looks like a rough draft that hasn't been playtested yet
The best advice I can give is to hop on Xmage or Cockatrice and get some competitive games in, you'll quickly notice which card is underperfoming

Your sideboard is way too straight forward, I'm not sure what's your plan with it, but I doubt it will work out as well as you plan
A lot of instant speed removal deal with your threats, I would put in 3 or 4 Dispels especially since it's also great against control

I don't see a scenario in the current meta where you would prefer having Spatial Contortion over Abrade, even with your mana base
Skysovereign is usually better as a one-of, I'd replace both copies with Aethersphere harvester and put one in the side
>>
>>54659475
i'm not him but it's honestly a pretty good list i've seen run irl except battle and scrapheap. It loses to a lot of different interaction but if it goes unchecked it walks through you
>>
>>54659642
> but if it goes unchecked it walks through you
Even though that is a valid argument, HOU has brought in a lot of answers and Abrade is the bane of any artifact based decks

Looking at past decklists: http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=626&meta=52&f=ST it seems I was wrong about Skysovereign, he is a clear 2 -of
I would definitely put try maindeck Abrade and Harvester though, you need to adapt the list to the current meta
>>
Is anyone bored of deck-building for this current meta?
Eldrazis make any ramp deck into a one trick pony because of Ulamog's sheer power
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar makes any white deck feel the same
Both aggro decks and UR control gatekeep any fun build from having a fair shot
Energy is too strong, and you're forced to play it in any U/G based decks
The gameplay is good though
>>
>>54660659
>>54660725
Have second thoughts about your blog post, anon?
>>
>>54661172
Ive been playing it on cockatrice for weeks and it destroys people. The sideboard is set up to win against aggro and control.
Scrapheap has been pretty effective at early damage as well as crewing vehicles late game.
Negate is for their counterspells, and tks to rip their hand.

The only sideboard i need for red is battle at the bridge.

All of these replace spatial, kozileks return, and crane.
>>
>>54661976
Meant for:
>>54659826
>>
>>54661354

Yeah
>>
File: Cats.png (12KB, 663x173px) Image search: [Google]
Cats.png
12KB, 663x173px
>>54662381
There's a place with a less competitive FNM that I'd like to go to, bringing pic related. It may suck, but it's cats, man.
>>
>>54646716
You fucked up, I bought monowhite monument a couple weeks ago when angel of invention was sub $2 and no it's expensive
>>
>>54662461
Where's Ajani?
>>
>>54662749
what's the benefit of monowhite monument over u/w? Spell queller and sideboard control have done me wonders.
>>
Several people mentioned it, but can I get a good budget Hapatra list?
>>
>>54643827
wtf is this pile

play full playsets of your best cards and dont play bad cards, theres your advice
>>
>>54661172
>Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
But no white deck currently plays gids
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 893x714px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 893x714px
The update.

What's changed?

Moved Lilianas to the sideboard, added in a Bontu. Added in a third Scarab God.

Might want another Bontu. Should I drop a Scarab God?

Deck List (60)

Creatures
4 Ammit Eternal
4 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
3 The Scarab God

Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp

Instants
3 Fatal Push
3 Grasp of Darkness

Sorceries
3 Never

Sideboard
1 Fatal Push
1 Grasp of Darkness
2 Liliana, Death's Majesty
>>
>>54663579

Oh, I hadn't made the change yet.

Deck List (60)

Creatures
4 Ammit Eternal
1 Bontu the Glorified
4 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
2 The Scarab God

Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Fetid Pools
4 Island
12 Swamp

Instants
3 Fatal Push
3 Grasp of Darkness

Sorceries
3 Never

Sideboard
1 Fatal Push
1 Grasp of Darkness
2 Liliana, Death's Majesty

So is it better with 3 Scarab Gods and no Bontu, or 2 Scarab Gods and a Bontu?

Should I drop something else for a second Bontu with also 2 Scarab Gods?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170802-175248.png (240KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170802-175248.png
240KB, 1080x1920px
Any ideas on how to make it better? Authority mainboard has helped my winrate vs RDW, and against other creature heavy decks the bit of lifegain makes a difference
>>
>>54663793
Shit I dont know. I only ever see people run u/b mill so they can remove options out of other peoples hands via lay bare the heart and such.

>>54663610
Bontu never really seems worth it to me but ymmv
>>
>>54651581
Yeah but OPs lands for the most part produce black mana.

Odds of him NOT getting lands that can produce BB are actually lower than him pulling mana that can.
>>
>>54664826

Then he'd be better sticking to a two colour list at best or stay mono coloured. Either go BW, UB or Mono B for zombies, don't try and meme and combine all of them.
>>
I'd like some feedback on this. Preferably on the sideboard against mono red.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cccccomo/

MB
4x Aether Hub
3x Aetherflux Reservoir
2x Anticipate
3x Baral's Expertise
4x Bone Saw
4x Cathar's Shield
2x Censor
2x Inspiring Statuary
15x Island
2x Metallic Rebuke
4x Ornithopter
4x Paradoxical Outcome
1x Plains
4x Reverse Engineer
3x Sram, Senior Edificer
1x Traveler's Amulet
2x Whir of Invention

SB
1x Aetherflux Reservoir
3x Crush of Tentacles
1x Hieroglyphic Illumination
3x Kefnet the Mindful
3x Kefnet's Last Word
4x Negate
>>
>>54663793
Blessed alliance. Take out winds of rebuke.
>>
File: Image.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
136KB, 223x311px
This card looks good. Am I wrong?
>>
>>54666218

No haste, so it's unreliable.
>>
File: Image (7).png (146KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).png
146KB, 223x311px
>>54666218
>non-creature spells
>as if that's a problem
>>
>>54647467
B O N E Picker
O N E B
N E B O
E B O N
>>
File: 126331_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126331_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
What is a good substitute black removal for fatal push. I refuse the pay $40-50 on a single play set. Yeah I know I'm gimping myself by not playing. is Grasp of Darkness the only real option?
>>
>>54666935
harnessed lightning
grasp
murder
stasis snare
cast out
magma spray
incindary flow
lightning axe
fiery temper
>>
>>54666935
Murder as well.
>>
File: 1474688234506.jpg (36KB, 297x365px) Image search: [Google]
1474688234506.jpg
36KB, 297x365px
>>54666935

>I refuse the pay $40-50 on a single play set
>>
>>54667011
>>54667026
I had no idea murder was standard legal. what set was it reprinted in?

>>54667078
>paying 50$ on one set when some red decks cost that much for the entire thing + a sideboard

not today sheckleberg
>>
Need a judge here. My lgs is just starting up and standard is kind of starting up and Gameday is coming but theres some already top players from other lgs that will most likely show up to hog up the prizes from the newbies. Is it possible for the new lgs to do a 3 booster sealed tournament instead of a constructed standard tournament so every single player is in equal footing?
>>
File: 1499548368767.png (213KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
1499548368767.png
213KB, 700x950px
From Scrub to Spicemaster, how do I do if I go for 4x Evolving Wilds, splashing 1 island and 1 swamp, just to add a Nicol Bolas God-Pharaoh to an aggro RG deck?
>>
How is GR Pummeler positioned in this Mono-Red centric meta?
>>
>>54646165
I've been playing and winning with 50~60 bucks decks since I've started playing.

If you were smart and realized Mono-Red's potential you could have bought it for 50 bucks two weeks ago. Tolarian Community College even put up a list that isn't that dissimilar from the Pro Tour's.
>>
>>54645829
U/W God Pharaohs Gift is like ~60-80 bucks right now and you don't strictly need all those fancy dual lands which can cut it down to ~40-60

You really only pay for the angel of inventions
>>
fuck I wanted to have aethersphere harvesters for game day this saturday but neither of my LGS have ANY, guess I have to hunt down players friday night after work.
>>
>>54668988
Order rush shipping on tcg from a store that's near you.
>>
>>54667011
Never / return as well
>>
>>54668988
good, that card is for cowards anyways
>>
File: Crested Sunmare.png (155KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Crested Sunmare.png
155KB, 265x370px
HORSE
O
R
S
E

4x Anointer Priest
2x Aviary Mechanic
4x Bygone Bishop
4x Crested Sunmare
4x Glory-Bound Initiate
4x Hanweir Militia Captain
4x Pious Evangel
4x Sacred Cat
3x Selfless Spirit

4x Oketra's Monument

1x Blighted Steppe
2x Crypt of the Eternals
14x Plains
4x Shefet Dunes
2x Westvale Abbey
Sideboard 15
>>
Newfag here, need someone to educate me

I bought a starter back and some boosters about 2 years ago, and never ended up doing anything till now with them.
What do I need to know/buy to get back into it. Are all my cards from then still good?
>>
>>54671602
They might be good or they might be shit. It all depends on the block.
>>
>>54671602
2 years ago that means you have cards from either Battle of Zendikar or Dragons of Tarkir
Battle of Zendikar is about to rotate out of Standard, and Dragons of Tarkir has already rotated
Here is a handy website for rotation and cards legality in standard: http://whatsinstandard.com/

>Are all my cards from then still good?
Only a handful of cards from these sets are competitive
Basically the cards at the very top of these lists: https://scryfall.com/sets/bfz?order=usd
https://scryfall.com/sets/dtk?order=usd
You might have some useful, good common and uncommon cards (Dispel, Anticipate, Evolving Wilds, etc...) but they aren't particularly valuable

If you're looking to get into standard I would say start looking around for rotation-proof decks until you find one you like and then pick up the cards you need. Don't buy sealed products if your goal is to have a deck to play with in organized play

There has been a let of the next set which is to be released in 8 weeks at the same time as the rotation happens: http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/
Have a look at the cards if you don't mind spoiling yourself, you could find cards that will help you pick a deck

It's also worth pointing out that the current best deck (Red Deck Wins / Ramunap Red) is mostly rotation proof and inexpensive if you remove 2 cards.
>>
What happens if you use scarab god on something like pic related?

Scarab God:
Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie.

Vizier of Many Faces:
You may have Vizier of Many Faces enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except if Vizier of Many Faces was embalmed, the token has no mana cost, it's white, and it's a Zombie in addition to its other types.

Well it's not an embalming, that's not what i'm confused about. I'm confused if the vizier will be a 4/4 black zombie - OR if it's at first a 4/4 black zombie, and then you turn it into something else on the board. If that's the case, I assume you can also choose to not copy another creature and just leave it as a vanilla 4/4 black zombie.
>>
File: picture_new.png (103KB, 202x290px) Image search: [Google]
picture_new.png
103KB, 202x290px
>>54674184

>pic related
>>
>>54674184
The text remains the same on the card, only the color, type line and stats change
When it enters the battlefield as a 4/4 black zombie you still get the trigger and option of becoming a copy
>>
>>54667119

Eldritch Moon
>>
>>54667707

Why not just play Oath of Nissa so you can spend any mana to cast him?
>>
>>54667707
I think you need to ask yourself why you're splashing a 7cmc planeswalker to an aggro deck.

That aside, aether hubs and energy should probably be enough. Maybe throw in a BG dual, UR dual, and UB dual as well.
>>
>OP question
I'm experimenting with a Sultai reanimator list, is pretty fun
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (70KB, 700x426px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
70KB, 700x426px
Stop playing Standard
>>
>>54676262
no
>>
I made this video about the pro tour
https://youtu.be/5FH6o-vpFrQ

please say nice things
>>
>>54676436
>please say nice things
Well, if you insist:

You are a pretty lady, anon
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 786x704px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 786x704px
I feel like i'm getting better consistency with 25 lands instead of 24. Also I think the evolving wilds would be great for triggering fatal push. Although If I play bontu then he might be good for trigger fatal push as well. Evolving Wilds also gets me that permanent Island-- sometimes with Aether Hub I get unlucky. But that's still up for debate.

I could drop 1 Bontu and throw in another Ammit. I'm also not sure if I have the best 2-drops. Sleeve-Siphoner might be good for drawing, but it's a fairly weak 2 drop, so I might get 0-1 draws out of her.

Maybe I might drop glint-sleeve for some Battle at the Bridges -- since Grasp of Darkness can only deal -4... not reliable enough to take out the indestructible gods.

Creatures
3 Ammit Eternal
2 Bontu the Glorified
4 Champion of Wits
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Dreamstealer
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
2 The Scarab God

Lands
4 Choked Estuary
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Fetid Pools
1 Island
12 Swamp

Instants
3 Fatal Push
3 Grasp of Darkness

Sorceries
2 Never // Return

Feedback requested. And appreciated. This is the first deck i've ever built, scrub here. Never even played a game yet, online or IRL. But I don't want to make a shitty deck and then need to spend more later. (also must be rotation proof obviously)
>>
>RDW cards already coming back down in price
I get the feeling it was less due to demand and more to shops trying to cash in on hype.

>>54677148
If Scarab God is your main wincon, you need three of him, possibly four.
I see what you're going for with Bontu and your eternalize creatures, but overall, it's too cute and isn't going to work out so well. I'd drop Bontu completely. I'd say replace her with Prize Amalgam, but you want rotation proof, so I'm not sure what to replace her with. Plaguebelcher, maybe?

Grasp kills Hazoret, which is the main god you should be worried about.

Since you're playing what looks like an black aggro deck with a splash of blue, I'd drop the evolving wilds for aether hubs and remove one or two fetid pools and change a few swamps into islands. 25 lands feels like too much for your deck, though I guess you do have ways to dig through your library.

Have you done much goldfish playing to see what you can reliably get a kill?

Don't forget to consider a sideboard.
>>
>>54676483
:3c
>>
>>54677345

Yeah just scared of getting Hazoret dropped iwth that +1/+1 amulet or whatever. Yeah i'll probably stick with the Grasps and hope for the best, maybe sideboard a BatB. Yeah Scarab God being my main wincon, I was unsure if 2 was enough. Dropping a Bontu for a Scarab God seems like a safe smart move.

All i've been doing for testing is opening-hand simulators on deckstats.net. What is this goldfish you're referring to? I would love to be able to playtest it against a bot, even if it's a primitive or braindead bot. Anyways in my opening hand testing, I changed from 24 to 25 lands, and yeah, without analysis - the data seems to say i'm getting a lot more safe opening hands. All I dropped was an Ammit Eternal, and now I mulligan probably ~15% less.

Okay so 1 Scarab God for 1 Bontu first off, and i'll play around with some alternate manabases. Thanks.

Also I have a couple Liliana, Death's Majesty in the sideboard. I could drop the Bontus for her. I only have her in the sideboard because most decks seem to have their planeswalkers in the sideboard and I don't know why yet. I assume there's a good reason for that.
>>
>>54677637
Rather than a bot, goldfishing is just playing your deck out and pretending your opponent is doing nothing.
It's a quick way to test a deck for consistency and figure out what the absolute earliest you could kill someone is. For standard, I'd say a T5 goldfish win is par for aggro decks.
>>
>>54677667

Is there a site or software to do that for you? Deckstats could almost work for that, but it doesn't let you "play" (or discard) cards, at least not from what I see. Possible, but the hand will get a little cluttered by turn 5.
>>
>>54677694
Tappedout.net has that, as do programs for playing magic with people online like Cockatrice.

Also, what +1/+1 amulet are you talking about?
>>
>>54677710

Ah, found it. Cartouche of Zeal.
>>
>>54677345
prized amalgam only triggers off of the dread wanderer btw. It doesn't work with eternalize
>>
File: mtg01.png (895KB, 1333x672px) Image search: [Google]
mtg01.png
895KB, 1333x672px
>>54677148
Sacrificing your own creature is a big loss of value and tempo
The only times you can justify sacrificing a creature is when you have multiple abilities that synergizes with creature death, or when the sacrifice brings you a bigger advantage than the cost of losing a creature
Sacrificing a creature to Bontu's ability is bad in your deck even when you have the Scarab god in play

Your deck doesn't need more than 23, maybe 24 lands since everything but the Scarab God costs 3 or less mana. The downside to playing too many lands is that you will draw them instead of useful cards once you have emptied your hand
Just to give you an idea, 25 lands is what decks playing multiple cards at 6+ mana would have
You should avoid lands that come into play tapped unless they give you a big advantage.
Fetid Pools fixes your mana by giving you both colors, is an island/swamp for synergy with Choked Estuary and can be cycled for another card. Those upsides make the card worth playing though you'd still much prefer a land that gives both colors and comes untapped.
Evolving wilds pales in comparison, it gives you a one time choice for either color and triggers revolt for your Fatal Push but that's it.

Pic related is how I would build your deck idea
I'm not too sure about the number of both Aether Hubs and Ifnir Deadlands
>>
>>54678045
I guess I should have explained why I cut 2 of both Dreamstealer and Champion of Wits
While they are good cards, their stats are too low and they don't have enough impact on the board.
Your deck doesn't make great use of their upsides enough to justify playing a playset of both.
You could even cut them out entirely, but the other 3 drops available aren't that much better if better at all.

You could put more Dreamstealers in the sideboard for slower matchups where the discard will matter a lot.
>>
>>54677148

No point playing Evolving Wilds when you only barely need blue. Just play the full suite of Sunken Hollow/Choked Estuary/Fetid Pools
>>
>>54678045
>>54678199
>>54678303

Damn I missed Bone Picker when searching for cards, it looks pretty great actually, good synergy with my massive early removal. Looks like a great pick, synergizes will with my early removal. I will keep playing with lands until I get comfortable with something. Gonna skip Sunken Hollow because rotation, but i'll run the other sets and Aether Hubs. Becuase of the Aether Hubs though, can I safely throw in a Nicol Bolas on the sideboard? (mainboard?) Since i'm considering going 4x Scarab God, then why not 3x Scarab God and 1x Nicol Bolas? Seems like it might actually be more versatile, even though it would be also more volatile.
>>
>>54678874

You only need the deck for gameday right? Just dump Sunken Hollows back to the store afterwards. I'd personally keep them though because lands in MTG are always good and they're cheap "duals".

I wouldn't go to 4x Scarab God as 2 copies is fine, maybe 3 if you really want to push it. This is not a card you want to see in your opening hand. What your gameplan should be is to play removal and dudes on the board trading resources and then draw into and land your Scarab God and slowly win through attrition by bringing back not just your dudes again but their dudes too.
>>
>>54678874
Choked Estuary is about to rotate out too if that's a concern
3x Scarab God is more than enough to win you a game, especially since you also have some eternalized creatures
Nicol Bolas would sit dead in your hand most of time
If you really want a 2nd win condition you could play a Torment of Hailfire or Gonti, Lord of Luxury in the sideboard
>>
>>54678939
>>54679211

Alright Sunken Hollows looks like a decent land... Oh Choked is rotating too. Right. Okay well I might see what kinda deal I can get anyway. They seem pretty critical.

Well I do own 1x Nicol Bolas, and a full playset of Torment of Hailfire. I kinda wanted to build a Torment meme deck but then mtggoldfish did it. Probably a good idea that I didn't. But i'd be happy to find a home for one or more in my deck.
>>
>>54679337
You don't need 3 playset of dual lands, your deck is for all intent and purposes mono-black with a splash of blue for Scarab God
2 playset is already more enough. You could even roll with just 4x Fetid Pools and 4x Aether Hub if you remove some Champion of wits and don't fill your sideboard full of blue cards

Well, since you already own him you could put one in your side rather than Gonti/Hailfire, but his 7 mana casting cost is too prohibitive against most decks

You should download xmage or cockatrice and actually playtest the deck
Xmage has enforced rules and an AI to play against, you can also play against other players
Cockatrice lets you do whatever you want with the cards whenever you want and has more serious players but no AI to play against
>>
>>54678939
There was an article on mtggoldfish just recently about the number of cards you should have. Generally speaking, you want at least 3 of a card if it's going to be your main win-con and you don't have a way to tutor for it while at the same time being something you don't want in your opening hand or to draw multiples of early on.
And on the generally note, two-of cards are those that are good in your deck, but are also situational.

All that aside, I'm wondering how to run my monored build for Gameday. Zombies is popular and I'm sure there will be more monored builds, so I'm thinking of having a sideboard plan that includes shit like sweltering suns. But then I wonder if I'm trying to change what my deck is all about and thus gimping myself.
I wish Chandras weren't outrageous, I could use a third.
>>
>>54679779
It should be noted that this really depends on your definition of win-con. For example, many control decks run 3-4 of a wincon and have literally no other way to win the game. Or if you play something like UW god-pharaoh's gift, your win-condition is refurbish because it lets you go off.

This deck seems to be able to do pretty well without the scarab god: It has flying bone pickers that deal chip damage, can keep the board clean and hit with big chunky ammit eternal hits. It even has 4 eternalizers for the lategame. The scarab god is very strong in the deck, but it's not its sole win-conditions. Then you have to decide: How many games would I lose by not drawing scarab god, and how many games would I lose by drawing 2 scarab gods and just having a dead card in hand?
>>
4-0, 3-1, 2-1-1, 4-0 ~81% win rate with this list.

Looking for rate, advice (particularly on SB), and anything else you might like to offer.

Snekless Jund Energy

// 60 Maindeck
// 25 Creature
4 Bristling Hydra
4 Servant of the Conduit
4 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
3 Glorybringer
4 Longtusk Cub
3 Tireless Tracker
1 Rhonas the Indomitable
2 Ammit Eternal

// 10 Instant
3 Blossoming Defense
4 Harnessed Lightning
3 Abrade

// 21 Land
4 AEther Hub
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Mountain
4 Forest
2 Swamp
2 Canyon Slough
3 Game Trail

// 4 Sorcery
4 Attune with Aether

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Artifact
SB: 1 Aethersphere Harvester

// 1 Creature
SB: 1 Ammit Eternal

// 3 Instant
SB: 1 Magma Spray
SB: 1 Savage Alliance
SB: 1 Hour of Glory

// 1 Planeswalker
SB: 1 Ob Nixilis Reignited

// 9 Sorcery
SB: 2 Transgress the Mind
SB: 1 Yahenni's Expertise
SB: 2 Radiant Flames
SB: 1 Hour of Devastation
SB: 2 Never
SB: 1 Doomfall
>>
>>54679779
My advice would be to modify the deck to better suit your playstyle, be it more removal, wacky tech or whatever

If you lack ideas just look at the recent decklists http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=12&meta=50&f=ST
You've got a surprisingly large card pool for such a straightforward deck
>>
Fuck, wanna win that playmat Saturday, but I don't wanna spend like $70 to complete a Ramunap: The Dickening deck.

I could pull together and spend like $30 and have a fun UB Scarab God zambie deck with God Pharoah's Meme. My heart sings for Fraying Sanity, but it's not nearly fast enough.

What do /tg/
>>
>>54681205
I feel for you dude. I bought u/w monument right when it started getting played. Got the parts I needed for the deck for around 40 and now its pretty damn expensive. My buddy built his red aggro about the same time luckily.
>>
>>54679549

>You should download xmage or cockatrice and actually playtest the deck

So I did that, and yeah I actually played someone and won a game lol. (first one I had no clue what was going on, second one I won, and third one I tried to skip to end phase and it lost me my turn, twice- then it said I lost because I ran out of time which is retarded)

The one I won, guess it couldn't have been two much better. I hit everything on time. Used a Dread Wanderer to bait his one creature on turn 4, played an Ammit Eternal and a Bone Picker that turn. Next turn I played another Ammit, and he scooped, although I could have also dropped a Scarab God that turn.

So yeah I feel like even if you hit the Scarab God at maximum possible speed -- it might often just be best to play an Amm.... Actually wait I forgot the Scarab God is a 5/5 that returns to your hand when it dies. Yeah I guess I should have played Scarab God there, whatever he would have conceded no matter what...
>>
>>54682097

Even more grouchy with myself cause I pulled Hazoret at Amonkhet pre-release and sold her so I could keep riding the infinite draft train.

Oh well, I'll draft tomorrow and see what pieces I snag from there. If I get uber lucky, maybe I can drag the cost down to like $30-$50
>>
>>54679779

The card is Legendary though so you'll never have multiples in play and the card is also notoriously hard to remove so even less reason to need full playsets. Your job with Scarab god isn't to windmill slam him down asap, it's to play it when the coast is clear and they have no resources left to remove it. At that point you start winning so you can let the Scarab god come back later. The main wincon isn't the Scarab God but it's a good value finisher as they're forced to use removal on all your other creatures first which doubles into your partial reanimator gameplan with the Scarab God.
>>
>>54678874
Play B/W and use Always Watching with Bone Picker. Also Sorin and all that life-gain/oppenent-loses-life stuff.
>>
My meta is full of snakes and zombies. What can I play that's also fun? I wanna try mardu aggro but I feel the match ups are unfavorable.
>>
Aaaaaaaaand the late game ToH wins the game at X=5. I like it.
>>
>>54684024
Run w/b solemnity lifegain. Piss off all the aggro players and shut down snek
>>
>>54676262
play more?
roger
>>
>>54643827
I've been working on Bring to Light

Sorcery (15)
4x Beneath the Sands
4x Bring to Light
2x Fumigate
1x Hour of Devastation
2x Ruinous Path
1x Shreds of Sanity
1x Sweltering Sun

Instant (10)
2x Abrade
1x Anguished Unmaking
2x Fatal Push
3x Harnessed Lightning
2x Hour of Glory

Creature (11)
2x Angel of Sanctions
1x Arborback Stomper
1x Cataclysmic Gearhulk
1x Cloudblazer
1x Docent of Perfection
1x Glorybringer
1x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1x Oketra the True
1x Reality Smasher
1x Verdurous Gearhulk

Land (24)
4x Aether Hub
4x Blooming Marsh
2x Botanical Sanctum
3x Concealed Courtyard
1x Forest
3x Inspiring Vantage
1x Island
1x Mountain
1x Plains
3x Spirebluff Canal
1x Swamp
>>
>>54687839
Oketra sounds like the absolute worst God to run in a deck without tokenspam and only big guys
>>
>>54688301
might just switch her out for something like thought-knot seer or sigarda for utility, or archangel avacyn, scarab god, or scorpion god for more beef. gisela might be an option too.
>>
>>54688506
i have enough low cost removal that goblin dark dwellers is also an option to replace oketra
>>
>>54688301
Even in the widest of wide decks there's usually better creatures to play than Oketra.
It makes me really sad because I dearly wanted to run a Jackalmom and Catmom deck, but trying to switch Oketra on requires too many resources devoted to her and it makes the deck weaker as a whole.

Maybe when rotation hits I'll be able to make something work, but right now, my best attempts are weaker/slower than the UW or monowhite monument decks.
>>
>>54684024
U/w monument, it shits all over snake and floods the board faster than zombies
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.