[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 16

File: model.jpg (38KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
model.jpg
38KB, 550x413px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current
>>
>>54639598
Does anyone have a game in the works? Something with a custom setting preferably, I hate competing with people who have already read the entire AP.

Lewd is okay but not necessary
>>
Well, let's try to spark some discussion since op went and did OP things.

So, /pfg/, what do we think of the Skullfucks and Shackles applicants so far? Some are rather complete, some are barebones, but there's enough to get started on thinking who's most likely to get in! What's good about each one? What's bad? Who's the cutest? Who is most likely to be memed? Here's the list thus far, in order of posts in the thread.

Raimi, CN Male Tengu Stalker (Privateer)
Edouard Tentare, N Male Undine Avowed (Aspirant, Old One Pact)
Nimiriel Tarime, CG Female Elf Warlord (Privateer)
Mar Wavewielder, CN Male(?) Water Kineticist
Amelia, NG Female Cacaelia Aegis (Aberrant)
Luculeia Valso, CN Female Human Bard (Sea Singer)
Cephaiea, NE Female Cacaelia Brawler (Strangler)
Edda Carpenter, CG Female Half-Elf Occultist
Kresh, TN Female Teifling (Hungerseed) Stalker (Brutal Slayer)
Rekina, CN Female Skinwalker (Seascarred) Ungermaw (Cannibal)
>>
>>54639746
The tentacles are hot.
>>
OP is a retard who can't copy and paste

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54635701
>>
>Pitchbreather (Ex) A hexbreather that is the child of an annis hag can sometimes gain damage reduction 2/bludgeoning. This DR/bludgeoning increases by 1 per 3 character levels the hexbreather possesses. This racial trait replaces claws.

What does "sometimes" mean exactly? Just randomly?
>>
>>54639828

It means when you take that ART instead of claws.
>>
Let's talk about celebrities, /pfg/
>>
>>54639746
T'is a bamboozle
>>
>>54639857
God, I'm a retard, that's actually really obvious. I was looking too deep into it I guess, sorry.
>>
>>54639859
The only celeb conversation I want to have is what can we learn from the PLD recruitment process but every time it's brought up, all we get is cancer
>>
>>54639949
What can we learn about what?
How to avoid it in future?
What it did right? What mistakes people fell into?
How Vult successfully managed to to get a group that held together under his DM style against the odds?
>>
Who are you guys and why, as a tg frequenter, have I only just noticed you lot recently?
>>
>>54639949
>what can we learn from the PLD recruitment process

PFG is full of hyper-subs with a rape fetish. And Captain Slow isn't one of them
>>
Remember to #SupportSOPA and put an end to copyright infringement.

Digital piracy:

Harms content creators and creative industries
Helps fund organised crime and terrorism

And is a federal offence.
>>
>>54640238
We're /pfg/.
>>
>>54640238
>We are Anonymous
>We are Legion
Nah, just a bunch of bastards suffering through a convoluted system.
>>
Write to your senator to encourage them to put pressure on ISPs to block "torrents" and illegal file sharing services like MEGA.
>>
>>54640223
Vult getting a functioning group is entirely due to how he structured the app process.

People literally should learn from his example. Or, to a lesser extent, Ensoulment which I think did copy from him.
>>
>>54640322
Oh shit this is pathfinder? Oh I feel like a tit, didn't relise you had changed the name to paizo games.
>>
>>54640268
>>54640324
Fuck off Arkwright, stop defending autism.
>>
>>54640329
>People literally should learn from his example

Vult copied it directly from RotJR...
>>
>>54640384
I don't mean the meme contest, I mean the restrictions and requirements about backstories
>>
>>54640347
Paizo made Pathfinder, so yeah. It got renamed because we're looking at having a spin-off game called Starfinder soon. It actually looks decent, but there's still time to dash our hopes and dreams.
>>
>>54640414
Fuck off, Vult.

The fucking nightwalker tome bullshit is literally just "have a campaign premise" and not a terribly good one at that. Nothing was fucking copied.
>>
>>54640508
You sound awfully bitter at the prospect of restricting backstories to include certain story beats.
>>
>>54640508
Have you looked at the other games being offered?
>>
>>54640530
Except, I'm not? I'm shitting on you for felllating Vult(most likely yourself) for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy.
>>
>>54640431
>It actually looks decent, but there's still time to dash our hopes and dreams.
I can't wait to be disappointed.
>>
>>54639598
The rudder's in the wrong place.
>>
>>54640556
Then why do so many games fail to do it? A minority if non AP games actually give coherent plot pitches
>>
>>54640586
>>54640586
Why do so many games fail to adhere to WBL?
Why do so many games not have decent Char Gen?
Why do so many games fail to have satisfying and challenging encounters?

Every game doesn't doesn't do everything perfectly.
>>
>>54640556
>for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy

Yeah? Then name some of those non-AP campaigns that provide solid backstory requirements and restrictions, or hell the ones that give a solid pitch for the plot at all.
>>
>>54640634
>Every game doesn't doesn't do everything perfectly.

>I'm shitting on you for fellating Vult (most likely yourself) for something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy.
>Something that is hardly fucking unique or noteworthy
>>
>>54640634
A healthy dialogue would help this. We all want better games.
>>
>>54640663
See>>54640651
>>
>>54640329
Ensoulment didn't copy a thing, and Protag is both more handsome and could handily beat Vult in a fight.
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>54640651
>>54640679
>>
>>54640667
I want worse games, because then people will abandon pathfinder
>>
>>54639746
I like everything about Rekina other than her design, something about "cartoonish shark bimbo" doesn't make me think "yo I wanna fuck that."
>>
>>54640732
Implying the fight wouldn't be Lou vs Tyler Durden
>>
Updates are in progress. More factions have been added, first of all!
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5361481/
>>
>>54640651
Ensoulment
Overlewd
Dragons 1&2
Journey to the West
Pendragon
>>
>>54640825
>, something about "cartoonish shark bimbo"
That's the entirety of her personality though.

"She likes to eat and fuck and then she got real thick so she eats and fucks more"
>>
>player character has dead family backstory
>(his animal companion is named after his dead sister)
>wants to have his family resurrected
>they've been dead like 2-3 years I am pretty sure
>resurrection is expensive af (he's a level 5 ranger)
>now he wants to capture a djinn noble and use all 3 wishes on resurrecting his family members

I have several questions on how to approach this as a GM
>how does one make contact with a djinn
>would a djinn give wishes in return for services (i.e. adventure hook shit)?
>they could likely defeat the djinn in combat, but it could just escape with gaseous form, right?
>would a chaotic good djinn be willing to help?
>how broken is this going to get?

Just give me your opinion on how you as a GM would handle this. I am thinking he will have them do some favor on the elemental plane of air (I've never done an extraplanar adventure in D&D or Pathfinder before so I think it'd be fun) and that will be payment. Might be quite a long adventure, though, especially for 3 whole wishes.
>>
>>54641117
>Overlewd
>Literally just "you're evil and in wilderness, make something!"
>>
>>54641153
You needed a reason for wanting to fuck with the empire.

While we're at it

Streets of Cantha(players were part of the same game and received dreams from the same enity)

Skypirates(You needed a connection to the Captain and Crew)

All 3 instances of that shitty fluffy city game.
>>
>>54641152

Up to you
Of course
Possibly, there's plenty of ways to stop that, and dont forget gaseous form is dr/magic, which is absolute shit.
possibly
up to you
>>
>>54641139
You need to understand that my expectations for this campaign are low enough that I'm fine with that being the entirety of her personality, what I'm having issue with is the fact she's literally an absurdly busty cartoon shark-girl. If she was just, say, an absurdly busty human girl with the same personality, I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>54639746

DESU for all the fear and loathing when he showed up, IDrive's character is kind of... boring and tame compared to what I was expecting. I was expecting something really that-guy and out there, not... a half-elf surgeon-antiquarian.
>>
>>54640908
...Which one is which?
>>
>>54641233
I mean "all" he was really infamous for was making a ton of characters in the RotJR waiting room and pumping and dumping the HV campaign.
>>
>>54641284

That was before my time, though; but the reaction when he showed back up or whatever, you'd think he was, I dunno, our own virtualoptim or something.
>>
>>54641192
Those are some prime examples of fucking up the plot requirement. Sky Pirates especially
>>
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5280959/chargen-and-rules
Campaign traits have been slightly updated! One new, reworked what memberships are valid, Agent is now Disguise OR Bluff.
>>
>>54641117
Anon...

>Ensoulment
>"You are important, go here."

>Overlewd
>"You don't like the Empire, go here."

>Dragons 1 and 2
>You live in here

>Journey to the West
>Quality writing, but amounted to, "You are important, go here."

I don't even remember Pendragon, sooooooo
>>
>>54641447
Pendragon was "you're at an academy to become important"
>>
>>54641292
Virtualoptim...
Damn, that takes me back, Anon
>>
>>54641447
>>54641465
And just to cut you off at the pass, PLD's prompt could be boiled down to something as simple as this, but instead of simply being important, you also have two necessary life events,

>You are important, you met a Merchant, you encountered a Manifestation

That alone is significantly more prompt than just telling us, "You signed up for this trade company for whatever" or "you know the captain or crew however."
>>
>>54641562
> but instead of simply being important, you also have two necessary life events,
>"You signed up for this trade company for whatever" or "you know the captain or crew however."
It really fucking isn't, Vult.
>>
>>54641562
>tfw will never be called a slam dunk like Sigmund
F
>>
>>54641601
There is a big difference between forcing events that occurred throughout a character's life and forcing an event that could be squirted out in the final paragraph. That's the difference between PLD and all the others, the former actually expects you to weave the restrictions into the entire backstory, rather than just the end.
>>
>>54641624
How about this for a comparison

How many other games have stayed "on plot"?
>>
>>54641601
And you know what, so this isn't gong to devole into a "nu uh!' argument. I'll explain.

How is "You meet the Captain" any fucking different from "You meet the Merchant". How the fuck is "you witnessed a Tome Manifestation(a vague "badthing" even that wasn't detailed and players were expected to mind read)" any more or less of a prompt then "You went through the application process to get into a specific academy for magic bullshit" or "You have grievance and a reason to hunt down this specific powerful necromancer" and "You're the servant of this specific Queen of Dragons"?
>>54641624
> the former actually expects you to weave the restrictions into the entire backstory, rather than just the end.
So did all the other games, at least those applications that stood a chance.

But tell me this, cause I really want to know. Are you Vult or someone playing in PLD? If not, what is your fucking reason for sucking off this game so much?
>>
>>54641562
Except what a Manifestation was wasn't made clear at all, probably purposefully, so in essence it really meant "something went to shit at some point, describe it".
>>
>>54641681
For starters, because Sky Pirates starts by making the captain betray you and gave no indication of why you should stick around after.

What you're not getting is the difference between setting and plot. If you weren't in the demesne, the dragons game is simply not the same. Tome Manifestations could occur in Starfinder because they are plot, not setting.

Not him by the way
>>
>>54640329
PLD has the second highest drop rate after HV. I would not want people to "learn from his example" if they want a functioning group.
>>
>>54641772
You're not making any fucking sense.
>you and gave no indication of why you should stick around after.
Neither does PLD. These are things that would come up during play. Which is kinda leading me to suspect you and the person I was talking too are PLD players/Vult samefagging.
> If you weren't in the demesne, the dragons game is simply not the same
Yes it could. At it's core you're just taking orders from some hot shot draconic entity.
>>
I have 2+1 skill ranks per level as a 5th level Paladin, in where should I spend them? 1 to climb and swim are pertty much obvious, also maxed Diplomacy and Intimidation because party lacks a Face?
>>
>>54641447
I think one of the best parts of Ensoulment, in this regard, is that it asked players to have their CHARACTERS justify their involvment in the plot. I don't think it was an actual requirement, but Protag did say he recommended it in the app page and I think all the apps that got in did it.

Actually having to write your character articulating why they personally want to get into the campaign was a great idea and tied characters into it far better than "I'll throw this piece of information or these couple events into the tailend of the backstory."
>>
>>54641804
Every PLD conversation occurs around the same two time frames and most of them end up with a reveal that Vult was in fact in the room. The game carries itself as one of the biggest successes on the thread when it's one of the few games that actually has had public issues, the default state of other games being shut up and play.

Honestly I think PLDhaters should shut up even more than the players should though. I only bring up the rest because I want to point out what a waste of time you're spending trying to convince anybody when it's always the same song and dance.
>>
>>54639733
I'm building a science fantasy setting inspired by Bronze and Stone Age myths, with a dashes of late 19th and early-mid 20th century tropes and aesthetics. For my own system, but I could adapt it to Pathfinder pretty easily. I'll just have to adjust the math, and remove/replace a few mechanics.
>>
>>54641814
That only really works for certain kinds of frameworks though.
>>
>>54641606
>Sigmund will never slam your dunk
>>
>>54641681
I'm pretty sure it's Vult
>>
>>54641807
Ideally you should have Diplomacy, Intimidation, Sense Motive, Knowledge Religion and at least something in Ride, Climb and Swim. But Paizo hates you.
>>
>>54641814
>Actually having to write your character articulating why they personally want to get into the campaign was a great idea and tied characters into it far better than "I'll throw this piece of information or these couple events into the tailend of the backstory."

The greatest character applications, in my opinion, have always focused on the campaign tone and campaign themes more than the campaign prompt itself. Campaigns are so much more than the initial blurb as to why the character is there, reasons that often never survive past the first three sessions, so what you need to do is glean the focus of the story and build around that.

Like Kingmaker is so much more than just answering the call of Restov, it's about exploration, the struggles of man vs. nature, lawlessness and order, and most importantly the overarching theme of a fresh start in a fresh land. Write a character that embodies those values and you've got a character that will last. The campaigns that never make it big around here are the campaigns that do a really shitty job at telling us what the campaign is actually about, like Dominions of Vice being little more than a merchant mission into Osirion, or Pendragon being a simple story of magical academies.
>>
>>54641804
The difference is the merchants are 100% of the PLD plot, while "you're in charge now" "your captain vanished" and "grandma has a quest for you" are just the introduction. PLD started after the call to adventure
>>
>>54641804
It's always Vult. I wish he would stop...
>>
>>54642023
There were at least 3 people being "Vult" and even then, so what? This is an actual discussion with merit.
>>
How do I become a /pfg/ celebrity?
>>
>>54642075
There isn't merit because you're not actually showing why PLD's pitch is any different.
The Merchants are a McGuffin Villain Faction, the pitch tells us very little about them and players have wildly differing levels of involvement with them. The Manifestations are even more vague and are just a generic 'this is bad' thing.
>>
>>54641985
>The campaigns that never make it big
You imply this is something to aspire too.

Also, I think you and people like you romanticize things far, far too much. You give Paizo too much credit.
> it's about exploration, the struggles of man vs. nature, lawlessness and order, and most importantly the overarching theme of a fresh start in a fresh land.
3/4ths of these things are inherent to D&D by it's very nature as a game.
>>
>>54641985
I would say that campaigns make it big because they're talked about rather than that they're talked about because they make it big.

FotJR to SotJR being an example of the same campaigns except we've seen examples of SotJR players dragging their game up for discussion. Several big games like Overlewd and Ensoulment went quiet despite massive hype excepting when Succula is trying to meme himself into popularity which sparks further discussion.

The games that see regular discussion are without exception, all publicly known to shill themselves. The natural state of a game around here regardless of attention going in seems to be to play quietly and occasionally share green text when it's relevant.

This is actually a good thing.
>>
>>54642183
Where the fucking hell are the Ensoulment greens though?
>>
>>54641874
This, desu
>>
aaaaaaaa I want a campaign about forbidden love!
>>
>>54642105
Apply to high profile games, and cultivate memes to get accepted. Once you're in, befriend as many players as you can. Eventually, you'll be invited to join the Cabal. Once you're in, participate in discussion and make a reputation as a person who's helpful, interesting, and humorous. That's really the master stroke; at that point, you've become a celeb and will reap the benefits.
>>
>>54642242
aaaaaaa I want a game where I can have forbidden love for DHB!
>>
>>54642258
>Once you're in, participate in discussion and make a reputation as a person who's helpful, interesting, and humorous
lol
>>
So, bad news. Apparently Paizo is fulfilling the subscriptions for Pathfinder first and Starfinder second, so the PDF's going to take a while. How long? Can't be sure, but I'll let you know as soon as it shows up.
>>
>>54639746
Its a bamboozle dont bother with it.
>>
>>54642392
That's okay you're doing your best.
>>
Been away for a bit but it looks like Iron gods closes in a few hours.

Any predictions on picks?
>>
>>54642110
You realize PLD is a mystery game, right?

Are you the anon who was complaining about mind reading?
>>
>>54642392
PAIZOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>54642392
No problem m8.

>>54642394
DM seems pretty involved on Discordian and applied to other games though so
>>
>>54642503
So were other boozleGms before they disappeared.
>>
>>54642431
Nobody, cause it is a fucking bamboozle
>>
>>54641980
>>54641807
Srly, why Paladin, Fighter and some other classes don't have 4+Int ranks? it's mind boggling that shit like this hasn't been fixed yet.
>>
>>54642537
Did they apply to two other games (Osirion / Intrigue) though? Pretty sure this is just a newfag though watch me be wrong and cry tears of blood
>>
>>54642552
A lot of bamboozle DMs have been acc with low hours. Better safe than waste effort.
>>
>>54642612
Half the fun for me is making a character though. It's good practice.
>>
How often do Pathfinder campaigns actually play their tropes straight? I'm tired of subversions, I want my Vampires like vampires and my dragons evil or goodly because it's their nature.
>>
>>54642657
>Vampires like vampires
Happens a lot, even if they're cute girls, they're still bloodsucking abominations that don't really give a shit about people beyond as cattle rather often.

>dragons
Fuck alignment locking.
>>
>>54642543
Doesn't Starfinder's Soldier remedy that?
>>
>>54642732

Yyyep. Seems the devs finally realized that 2+INT was stupid.
>>
>>54642657
Legacy has only one gnoll who is not a raping marauder, but that's because he was small and weak and made to serve drinks. He's still evil aligned.
>>
>>54642732
That doesn't help PF though
>>
>>54641985
>Pendragon never made it big
>8 people + DM in it
You are confusing having lots of memes in the thread about a game with actually being good or people having real interest with apps.
>>
>>54642732
I love Stamina!
>>
>>54642836
Just backport it as the /pgg/ edition Fighter-Ranger. Same thing with Operative, 4chan Only Ranger-Rogue.

>>54642935
I wonder how many people are going to cry about that and throw out ways to make the system more 'gritty'
>>
>>54642987
Yeah, sure as hell my Gm will allow me to backport it, so simple, thanks.
>>
So, I just got a hippogriff and I'm making it its own character sheet, so I can keep track of shit.

How much perception is this thing supposed to have? Cause it says "Skills Fly +5, Perception +9; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception"

Does that mean it gets +1 from its wisdom, +9 from skills and +4 racially for a total of 14 or it just gets 9 in total? Cause 14 doesn't sound out of place for a creature with literal hawk eyes. A whole hawk head, really.
>>
Iron Gods starts in five hours. Who's playing?

:^)
>>
>>54642649
I love making character too but I have always felt like a part of me dies when my characters don't get accepted and have to be shelfed
>>
>>54643104
That means 4 points of that +9 is from a racial "these things are perceptive"
>>
>>54643104
It's 9 total as paizo has always done it. If you are not sure, you can always reverse-math it.
>>
>>54642914
Wouldn't you say that one of the signs of an engaging game is that it catches the interest of those other than the people directly involved?
>>
>>54643099
Or beg your DM for background skill. That's about all you can do really, aside from taking Lore Warden Fighter
>>
>>54643149
Not at all. In fact, that's a thought I would describe as "fucking retarded".
>>
>>54643149
You mean after the app process is done and the game is running? Absolutely fucking not.
>>
You know, the conversation got way too antagonistic but I still think there's merit to comparing game pitches. People interpret differently, and value things differently. There's merit to the conversation.
>>
>>54643202
>>54643204
Why's that, anons?
>>
>>54642987
We never got confirmation that we'll be able to back port anything but monsters.
>>
>>54643236
Because the only thing that matters is whether or not the game is fun for your players.
>>
>>54643236
Because an engaging game only needs to be engaging for the DM and the players? Or do you think every single game is unengaging because normalfags go "ew tabletop nerds"?
>>
>>54643236
I'm going to make the assumption here that you know exactly what you're talking about but you're trying to fish for a decent conversation, because the alternative would mean that you're what I'd have to describe as "fucking retarded".

The only people who experience a game are the DM and the players, so typically somewhere around six people. Everyone else receives it second hand, at best with play logs but usually with off-handed mentions. With this in mind, the visibility of games is entirely reliant on the people directly involved sharing it in the open.
While continued discussion MIGHT be related to the quality of a game, the fact of the matter is that the people involved in a game can present it in any way they can. This is sometimes totally honest, sometimes shamelessly optimistic, and sometimes knowingly deceptive.

Keeping in mind that writing ability or presentation skills are not necessarily the same thing as competence DMing or roleplaying, you should typically assume that every game starts from whatever your take on average is. With this in mind, pre-game hype shouldn't be taken as a sign of quality, and combined with the understanding that we can't understand a game's state without having concrete information on it, it's "fucking retarded" to think that anonymous interest means a game is actually more engaging.

And anyways, every game that gets regular discussion here is shamelessly shilled by its own players who don't even attempt to hide it.
>>
>>54643362
>Namefagging as if it gives your statement any amount of added authority
>>
>>54642987
>I wonder how many people are going to cry about that and throw out ways to make the system more 'gritty'

>WHY ARE SOLDIERS SO STRONG
>WHY IS MAGIC SO WEAK
>WHY CAN'T I DO A DOZEN ATTACKS PER TURN
>WHY ARE GUNS SHIT IN THIS SCI-FI GAME
>WHY CAN WE MAGICALLY HEAL HEALTH IN A SHORT REST EVEN THOUGH IT'S DESCRIBED AS LUCK AND NEAR-MISSES AND HEALTH STILL EXISTS
>WHY IS THIS GAME SO SJW
>WHY IS THAT LASHUNTA GIRL SO C U T E?
>>
>>54643378
Interesting.

With that in mind, what are your thoughts on the general practice of sharing game greentexts with the pfg community?
>>
>two squidkid apps
>one Cephaiea, one Cephilia

JUST
>>
>>54643463

Let's be real here, though, the more Caecalica apply, the less likely each one is to get in, surely. Unless the GM goes for some silly ALL SQUID ALL THE TIME party, but one would think some variety would be good?
>>
>>54643443
I think as long as everyone involved is okay with it they can do it if they wish, but I certainly don't expect or have a need/desire for logs/greentexts from other games.
>>
>>54643380
Nah, I just know from experience that certain someones hold very little worth in the opinions of their fellow anonymous posters, so if you know who I am it lets you know exactly who you're talking to.

What DOES give me authority on the subject, however, is that I haven't had to replace any of the players in my game. So, you know, there's that.
>>
>>54643498
>Unless the GM goes for some silly ALL SQUID ALL THE TIME party, but one would think some variety would be good?

>Pirates go out to pressgang new recruits
>End up just going seafood shopping

Fund it.
>>
File: PZO7101-Obozaya.jpg (201KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-Obozaya.jpg
201KB, 795x1200px
>>54643397

>Lashunta
>Not Vesk
>>
>>54643602
All we need now are some plant-based girls for the potatoes and citrus, and maybe a few hunks for the butter.
>>
>>54643602
More like seafood fucking. There's going to be a lot of squid fluid on that ship by the time the AP's done.
>>
>>54643603
Obozaya isn't cute, she's a bro.

>>54643619
INKED
>>
>>54643630

What, she can't be a cute bro?
>>
>>54643630
She's the broest.
>>
>>54643443
I don't need greentexts for every session of every game. I hate the personality culture this general has, both in regards to raising certain players and in regards to forming cults around game characters arbitrarily.

But I do enjoy greentexts that tell a story. I want to hear about these games but only in the same vein that I'd want to hear about Old Man Henderson. When they're interesting on their own merit it's nice, and I'm even interested in hearing about shipping stories if they're cute enough, but most green texts are just groups masturbating themselves in public view to keep up with the shit culture here. Greentexts should be for the reader, not the players you know?

THAT SAID, I'm not about to police anybody on what they should or shouldn't post. There're games here I think sound like total dogshit dragging down already questionable threads but bitching about them just perpetuates them.
>>
>>54643652
Nothing about her backstory suggests cute. Bro, sure, but not cute.
>>
>>54643463
That's a duoapp.
>>
>Cephilia loves to eat, and doesn't discriminate between foods (besides octopus, which she avoids). While eating a living person is still a bit much - they tend to stab you in protest - dead people, or dying people she dislikes, are definitely fair game. Whether or not she also cooks them is generally dependent on whether or not people are interested in trying a bit. Halfling heart, anyone?
Jesus
>>
Psionics question!

I know there's a blurb somewhere saying that Soulknives can use "+1 manifester level" PRCs to boost their mindblade enhancement level.

Is there such a blurb for Aegis Astral Suits somewhere?
>>
>>54643844
Yes, in Ultimate Psionic. In the same part as Soulknife even. They get +1 lv to determine custom points.
>>
>>54643844
Moreover, if you're using High Psionics (which you should be using as it's effectively RAI), PRC's which give +1ML give you both +1ML and mindblade enhancement progression.
>>
>>54643630
SPLATTED
>>
>>54643498
There's already three of them, so with a dick delivery system that's enough for a four-man crew.
>>
>>54639746
I would make a character just to bang Rekina if I wasn't so sure that game was a bamboozle. As it stands, I'm just going to write some smutty fanfiction.
>>
>>54644025
Why is it always LN? They make terrible lovers.
>>
>>54643884
>>54643909
Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere long ago, but was certain ultimate psionics was too old a book for it to be in there.

One more question then: If one has Harness Power Stone and the appropriate power, does one count as being able to manifest?

As in if a requirement is "must be able to manifest 1st level powers" for example
>>
>>54641153
Wow, Vult, didn't realize you were this salty over not getting to snooze on the ruze ooze.
>>
>>54643544
You're kind of a dick you know that?
>>
>>54644092
Nigger please, if I wanted to lewd the ooze I would have asked.
>>
>>54641681
It doesn't have enough puns or drawn-out words to be Wist. It's not imperious or dramatic enough to be Immortal King in Darkness. It's most likely Vult.
>>
>>54644071
Lawful Neutral often becomes the "Voice of the Player (who's too pussy to commit to good or evil.)" You get all the glory that comes with being an "honorable" man - God save the King let's follow the law and respect tradition, that sort of thing... BUT, you also get to be as pragmatic as you want! Think you'll make more money being evil? Sure, as long as you remember to save a kitten afterward!

It's how you can get situations where you can be a complete asshole to people, but still save them. It's how you can work with Necromancers while still claiming to be a good person.
>>
>>54643236
Why are you trying to appeal to people who aren't in your game? They're not the ones you should be concerned about, the only thing that matters is "do my players enjoy the game?" It's not a paying job like movies or music, where the unconnected masses have any value or importance; you're doing this to make sure the players and the GM are enjoying themselves, fuck the opinion of any hangers-on or whatever.
>>
What was the name of that magic item that gives you a luck bonus to all d20 rolls?
>>
>>54644082
Don't think so. The old rule in 3.5 said you can use item to qualify for PrC but PF explicitly left that out.
If you can convince your DM, remember that losing the item means you lose all benefit of the PrC level. I would just take Unlocked Talent or one of the similar feats that grant power.
>>
>>54642242
>>54642277
aaaaaaaa I wish not everything in my life made me want to eat a bullet
>>
>>54644145
He's saying "Light Novel", not "Lawful Neutral". There are no Lawful Neutral Cacaelia, you have two that are True Neutral and one that's Neutral Good.
>>
>>54642440
>Mystery game
Funny. I thought it was about violent anal rape and bestiality. You made it about mystery only well after the fact.
>>
>>54644186
The anon I quoted wasn't asking for a LN Squidkid, they were just asking for a LN Dick Deliver System (aka, generic Human male.)
>>
>>54644095
I'm just tired of people trying to act all high and mighty in an attempt to be popular on 4chan of all places. If that means being a dick to people like you and Luna then so be it, but at least now you only have to deal with me here since I peace'd out of the Cabal.
>>
>>54644171
Stone of good luck, 20k gp
>>
>>54644071
The only LN I've ever played was just someone who wanted to be LG but kept either turning away from a risky opportunity to be capital-G Good, or making compromises to survive.
>>
>>54644071
Remind yourself that Lawful Neutral, in the context of love, simply implies he won't dump you because marriage is an agreement, and renenging on agreements isn't what Lawful characters do. It's just "faithful dude".
>>
>>54644282
>Haughty, overdramatic post about how pump-and-dump is exactly what all women want
>>
>>54639746
I think people could do better than just a bunch of aquatic themed races and pirates. Yes, I know, it's a pirate-themed game... but the characters are supposed to have been press-ganged and the opening parts of the AP are centered around your characters not being familiar with life at sea.
>>
What kind of things would a snooty young noble do? Considering playing one for an upcoming game but I need more behaviors/etc.
>>
>>54644319
>Clumsy rebuttal about CG being terrible lovers
>>
>>54644282
LN is the alignment of settling. The most passionate lovers are CG, getting worse the further away from it you go with LE being the alignment of selfish lovers who go to sleep afterwards.
>>
>>54644071
>LN is shit!
>Shiiiiiiit!
Hi Luna.
And no, alignment doesn't influence how you are in bed.
>>
>>54644355
>Protagonist-written long form essay about the merits and pitfalls of various alignments in bed
>>
>>54644071
>not being fucked by the long dick of the law
>>
>>54644376
>Slavish agreement with the contents of post that amounts to an indirect question on which Meme Characters are good in bed.
>>
>>54644346
Well, at least a few of the background traits say that you've been at least a sailor, if not a pirate; Ship's Surgeon, for one.
>>
>>54644364
Chaos are trash. They can't commit; they're barely even human.
>>
>>54644376
>Pattern breaking shitpost about alleged Paizo favoritism and hatred of LG followed by a picture of Iomedea or Asmodeus
>>
>>54643909
Even better, if you are using the initiating stuff, trade that ML for initiator level.
>>
>>54644364
>LE being the alignment of selfish lovers
>Who is Mr. Freeze
>>
>>54644443
He is selfish though. He refuses to let his love pass peacefully at the cost of dozens of innocent lives.
>>
>>54644443
NE
>>
>>54644427
>Rambling tirade on the alleged Social Justice feminist elements of the setting
>>
>>54643778
>kill someone
>eat his face
Sounds legit.
>>
>>54644130
>hurr Nigger
>m-muh Ancap

Is Vult the biggest piece of /pol/ trash we have?
>>
>>54644636
Sounds like something a goblin from Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerinfs would do.
>>
>>54644223
I'm looking at it and only gives you bonus to Saves, Ability Checks and Skill Checks according to d20pfsrd. I'm looking for the one that is to all d20 rolls, including attack.
>>
>>54644646
I haven't interacted with him personally, but I can say from personal experience he probably isn't.

There are people that are way, way worse around here.
>>
>>54644665
Like IDrive?
>>
>>54644665
*rolls*
>>
>>54644715
meow
>>
>>54644715
>>54644738
Is this a reference to something I'm missing?
>>
>>54644376

I want Protag to get drunk and write legitimately insightful essays about stupid shit like why boobs are philosophically great or why yuri is the purest form of love again.
>>
>>54644660
Yeah, I don't think there are anything that give a constant bonus to all rolls.
If it is on the limited side, there are some class features or the hero points stuff.
>>
>>54642192
Disk was going to write one several days ago, dunno what happened. I think we were waiting on Surge to draw a picture to accompany it?

Session tonight though, so we will probably just end up combining last week with this week again for a bigger greentext.
>>
>New game is up
>Emerging Firearms again

Someday, some fucking day someone will go commonplace and I'll finally get to be happy.
>>
>>54644811
You mean like Essentia.
>>
>>54644771
>yuri is the purest form of love
God I'm tired of this meme.
It's the most motherfucking shallow bullshit I've ever seen, don't pretend it's not.
>>
>>54644811
I don't get why people think guns are overpowered. They're weaker than bows in the long-run, and they cost multitudes more, why are they bad again?
>>
>>54644771
Cock is easy. It's simple, it's aggressive, visceral, dominant. People like things like that, things that make understanding life easy, it's why people flock under narcissists or demagogues. It doesn't require anything from you to fill you, except surrender. But what if you don't want to let the dick win?

Some say the only answer is to be a dick yourself. To frantically force others to accept your dickishness so that you, yourself, might be spared taking someone else's dick. And this is fullfilling too, but now you're just another dick, the thing that disgusted you.

Yet some seek to neither acquiesce to the cock, nor become a cock themselves. And we must believe they can, and admire them wherever they are found, lest the world amount to dick.

And that is why we say, "yuri is the purest form of love."
>>
>>54644646
Ayo hol up

So you be sayin dat sayin "nigga pls" is a white boi thing ta do?
>>
>>54644896
Here? Yeah, actually.
>>
>>54644885
Okay, now this is a funny joke. But the problem is that it's predicated upon Japanese tropes (and more specifically, Japanese PORN tropes) being taken as reality.

"Can't beat the dick" is meant to give loser otaku the glimmer of hope that they might one day be able to make any woman theirs simply by the fact of having a penis. It does not have any bearing on actual personality or efforts, because if it did, it would require them to confront the idea that they aren't actually good people with attractive qualities.

You can't pretend it was actually meant to be anything more, and it's insulting that someone would base a philosophical argument around something like hentai.

And the director of Utena was full of shit anyway.
>>
>>54644951
>And the director of Utena was full of shit anyway

This, desu
>>
Currently running Reign of Winter, players just hit level 2 and are about to encounter Rohkar and the bandit hideout.

I'm wondering just how long the heavy snow that gives ranged attacks and perception a -4 lasts. Nobody trying to use any kind of ranged attack has been able to hit anything, except for the gunslinger occasionally when he's in range for touch. Does it continue once they're through the portal?
>>
>>54644811
>>54644876
Here, I imagine it's more of a flavor thing. Guns(especially "advanced guns" don't jive with people's views of fantasy.
>>
>>54644853
I didn't like the fluff around essentia and it didn't seem like the proper place for a cowboy-type or pic related.

>>54644876
Advanced Firearms target touch AC from any distance it can shoot in instead of just the first like early firearms. That's the only argument that even remotely stands up against advanced firearms besides the enemy argument.
>>
>>54645018
I don't think many games allow you to be nothing.
>>
File: 1471500164878.jpg (192KB, 1170x805px) Image search: [Google]
1471500164878.jpg
192KB, 1170x805px
>>54645018
forgot the pic, fuck me
>>
>>54644964
I disagree! Kinda, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I think there is merit behind the ideas presented in Utena. I don't think, unless you know something about him I don't, that the director was saying "men are without substance, find your own way with girlpower!" so much as "don't sell yourself entirely to the romanticized ideal image of the princely man, no one can actually live up to it and you'll be left hollow." or something, which is reasonable and true.

>>54644951
Protag clearly wrote it as a joke, although I still think there is merit behind the argument if you abstract it a little (dick just being a humorous stand in for aggression, yuri being a humorous stand in for acceptance) which is why it is funny. Acting like the argument is literally about penis is a little silly.
>>
>>54645080
The director actually did say something about how lesbian relationships were the only true form of love and everything else was fundamentally unfeasible or unfair. Completely seriously. But he later recanted and said that he hadn't thought it through. That's actually all I meant, he was a good storyteller otherwise.

>Acting like the argument is literally about penis is a little silly
True enough. But you can't pretend some of us here aren't autistic enough to take it literally.
>>
>>54644876
Touch AC means even their iterative hit easily. Of course, the investment is huge just to be able to full attack.

They are incredibly strong in PoW though cause you are almost guaranteed to land a strike maneuver and reloading isn't as big of a concern. Not to mention scatter gun is the best way to apply stance or boost-based debuff.
>>
>>54645153
Didn't the errata kill the whole "scatter works with the whole fucking boost" bullshit.
>>
>>54644811
Commonplace was in one of the campaigns I pitched for /pfg/. Just haven't gotten to work on its relevant roll20 cause I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks.
>>
>>54644781
I swear I read about that item, well, must have been my imagination
>>
>>54645032
But why can't I be nothing if nothing is real?
>>
>>54645192
Only strike maneuver get fucked. Boost and Stance bonus still works. Enjoy 15ft cone of stagger with a lv1 stance
>>
>>54644366
>And no, alignment doesn't influence how you are in bed.
Why wouldn't it (in a general sense)? Chaotic lovers are spontaneous and are totally okay with back-alley buttfucks. Evil "lovers" are more likely to be selfish and/or predatory, and especially non-consensual. Good may fetishize consent sure, but they're also about giving their lovers the best experiences possible and making sure that you leave someone better than you found them. Lawful might sound boring, but there's no one you can trust better to keep your dirty secrets on lockdown, strange porn, dirty trysts, a lawful lover is faithful.
>>
>>54645347
Okay, you got me there, but that's still in a general sense. You can have a selfish Good-aligned lover, or a loyal Chaotic lover.

Perhaps a better way to put it would be that alignment doesn't DETERMINE how you are in bed.
>>
>>54645347
Chaotic "lovers" will also leave you for no reason because they're capricious subhumans.
>>
>>54645347
You've gone full retard. Never go full retard.
>>
>>54645362
Holy shit this so fucking much. Alignment doesn't apply to every mother fucking aspect of someone's life.
>>
What pgg games are recruiting right now?
>>
Looking at how Paizo stats weapons makes me unreasonably angry. Especially supplementary or exotic weapons.

It would be fun to make a character using pirate themed weapons but with the exception of the Cutlass or the Not!Rapier all of them blow.
>>
>>54645128
I still think that greentext story from Old /tg/ that featured the lady-knight and her princess lover was toxic to the board as a whole. I've seen more people bitch about "them damn lesbians all over the place" than people thinking it was a cute story.
>>
>>54645416
Theming and minmaxing. Something gotta give.
>>
>>54645416
Isn't one of the characters for skullfucks and shackles using boarding axes? They aren't too bad, are they?
>>
>>54645420
Nobody sane hates lesbians.

But any sane person would find slavish devotion to a creed disgusting, especially one as arbitrary as "This one, specific, and HEAVILY stereotyped form of love is the ONLY love you're supposed to have."
>>
>>54645364
Yep, a chaotic trait would be hypergamy. They might love you so fucking much that they decide to bring another girl in just to surprise you, they might fall out of love in a week to go chase some half-orc dick.

>>54645385
>Alignment doesn't apply to every mother fucking aspect of someone's life.
Alignment does largely reflect how your character views the world and how they try to act. A good character isn't always successful and they certainly aren't saints, but the important part is that at the end of the day they try. "Alignment" is an aspect of personality really, and (some) views and attitudes about sex can be derived from that. eg good characters will do their best not to predate upon others, sure a good character might go visit a whore that was long ago sold into a sex-slavery, but s/he's since gotten free and decided to stick with the business anyways.
>>
>>54645479
Honestly, Detect Chaos, and put them out of their misery. You'll be doing the world a favor.
Do the same with the Evil ones for good measure.
>>
>>54645500

I'm pretty sure wanting to alignmentcide all C and E alignmetns makes you E.
>>
>>54645479
That does not sound like something Shelyn would approve of.

Like, it's strange how Shelyn's dogma works, actually. She supports cheating, but only in situations where she knows the other party won't be emotionally hurt by the cheating.
>>
>>54645479
This shit right here is why I come up with a PC's personality first, and THEN decide what their alignment is.
>>
>>54645508
And C for good measure since you are effectively ignoring given law for your own brand of justice.
>>
>>54645465
>Nobody sane hates lesbians.
Hate, no, I find it pretty hard to say I 'hate' anyone, however lesbians do tend to have very high rates of domestic violence, rape and mental instability (among the highest of all possible relationship permutations in fact). They also have like shittons of 'societal' problems and they loev to flock to cancerous ideologies. Not all of them of course, but in terms of demographics, they're unpredictable, insane and violent. Oh and they hate men.
>>
>>54645508
True, but it's an interesting character motivation. Feels a lot like The Operative from Serenity, "the world I'm building has no place for monsters like me."
>>
>>54645500

But anon, everyone knows the best waifus are NEUTRAL EVIL.
>>
>>54645540
Get back in the doghouse, Greta.
>>
File: HOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY.gif (717KB, 216x178px) Image search: [Google]
HOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY.gif
717KB, 216x178px
What's your favourite kind of alignment, and why?
>>
>>54645538

As long as you are aware of that! Way too many people look at that sort of thing and then go BUT I'M NOT LIKE THAT I'M PUUUUURE, when it's so much more... well, interesting to do as you are saying, in my opinion.
>>
>>54645522
And since it's so hard to know, practically speaking, the devout Shelynite would almost never cheat.
>>
File: Viconia2.jpg (21KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Viconia2.jpg
21KB, 210x330px
>>54645552

There's more than one NEUTRAL EVIL waifu, anon.
>>
>>54645522
I'd hazard a guess that's just a Paizo dev with a cuckolding fetish trying to weasel it into their writing.

Cheating is, by definition, going to hurt someone. Shelyn should be okay with ENDING a relationship, and with polyamorous relationships IF everyone involved is okay with the situation. But cheating on a partner is just cowardly, and the Eternal Rose should give people courage rather than encourage such deception.
>>
>>54645540
Why are they the best? I'm rather fond of the loving/doting lawful good silver dragon ara ara waifu's. I also have a hardcore love for butt and bdsm, and those things tend to be a bit more popular among chaotic types
>>
>>54645562
Is it actually Evil to destroy Evil? It's certainly disruptive and Chaotic unless you formally declare your personal war, giving them a chance to defend themselves or seek assistance.
>>
>>54645586
Wow, and here I thought *I* was going for old /tg/. Bravo, good sir.
>>
>>54645508
Ragathiel says hi.
>>
>>54645540
No, NE is trash, and your waifu is a slut. She's probably fucking some other guy right now.
>>
>>54645451
They are better handaxes. In the player's guide, there is literally no mention of their extra bonus to climb checks when used to climb wooden surfaces but it is on the SRD.

>>54645449
That's one thing, but things like the harpoon just don't function well. It can't be thrown except as an improvised thrown weapon, which means 10 ft. range and a flat -4 to the attack.

Furthermore even though the harpoons of the time were longer than modern harpoons, it doesn't have reach. That's a lesser problem for me, the first is a bigger issue in that the weapon is not able to do what it should be able to do.

Finally, it's exotic. For a 1d8 two handed weapon that does not have reach, all it has is grapple.
>>
File: undeadgman3.jpg (88KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
undeadgman3.jpg
88KB, 368x500px
>>54639598
Level 8-15 campaign wherein the players are former soldiers/warmages-turned-civilians who have been out of a job since a massive civil war ended with a peace treaty between the 5 or so factions after a sixth used WMDs that lead to a resurgence of wanting peace. You can't even get jobs as mercenaries, because the major firms were disbanded. Now you've gone back to your homes, given a pension for your efforts, and told to live out the rest of your life, because the governments are too busy rebuilding to help.

Five years pass, then you hear news from the capital of one of these new nations. Apparently, an art fanatic has recently had a new piece stolen from his private collection. An extremely valuable, ancient staff purported to be the haft of the Daemon Lance, a weapon used by a famous religious crusader in the Old World, who revitalized one of the churches of the setting. The owner of this piece is getting help from the law- but now he's going through more paralegal means in order to get more competent folks, as the thief or thieves responsible have fled west over seemingly impenetrable mountains. A month later, you find a letter in your mail, asking you to take a trip to the capital for an interview with the curator, in order for him to put together a team to get the Daemon Lance BACK into his collection.

Think Gumball Rally/A-Team meets Bloodborne/Dark Tower. You're a crack team of mercenaries sent out into the unforgiving wilderness past the western mountains, which few have dared cross because of how dangerous it is. Subsytems are gonna be Psionic/Akashic/Psychic Magic/initiating (albeit limited somewhat in scope). 25pb. Party Size would be anywhere from three to five. Gestalt MIGHT be allowed, but under rather strict stipulations. Anyone interested?
>>
>>54645589
Shelyn is okay with those things, actually! In fact, did you know her way to punish devotees who cheat on a loved one or break a heart is to make them feel miserable until they apologize?
>>
>>54645590
Silver dragons are very beautiful lovers but I wouldn't call them the best. They have duties beyond the bedroom and, if I'm to be honest, they're more important than spending it wherever you live.

The only way I can see a Metallic Dragon work is if you're in a campaign centered around a lawless area, where they can range and still come home by nightfall.
>>
>>54645675

Make a roll20 and i"ll get to making.
>>
>>54645675
If it has advanced firearms, count me in. I'm desperate at this point and I don't mind mixed timeline stuff.
>>
>>54644876
There's a long standing belief that if guns exist, magic gets cycled out. It's a ludicrous belief in any DND setting because people seriously overestimate the power of a gun in fantasyland.
>>
>>54645675
>>54645729

Actually, though, question; Avowed counts under Psychic Magic for this?
>>
>Discord admits that Disk is unfun to play with
Disk BTFO
>>
>>54645774
Literally where
>>
>>54645756
Personally, I love it when guns exist but operate on fantasy materials, like the way PLD does guns.
>>
>>54645774
Nobody credible even said that, leaker-kun
>>
>>54645774
What?
>>
>>54645764
Technically, I guess. No idea fucking why. The class screams Arcane fluff so hard it hurts.
>>
>>54645786
So do I. Especially with how high tier magic functions in Pathfinder, there's not much a reason why the two couldn't coincide. A lot of wall spells in general shut down firearms, and weather/wind spells are a nightmare unless PoW is allowed.
>>
File: Wandgun.jpg (168KB, 565x317px) Image search: [Google]
Wandgun.jpg
168KB, 565x317px
>>54645786
>>54645839
>the gun does not have a barrel.
>>
>>54645862
Now this looks like a proper gunsword.
>>
>>54645774
>Discord is literally one person.
>>
File: Lucian.jpg (195KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lucian.jpg
195KB, 600x450px
>>54645875
It's used by a league shitter though, and it literally shoots light. No sword part either.
>>
>>54645822

Well, I meant more in regards as to if they'd be allowed in the game.
>>
>>54645402
Fiendish Intrigue and Skullfucks and Shackles. And some meme GODSLAYERS 1-shot that nobody cares about.
>>
>>54645886
>Discord is actually Skynet
>>
>>54645785
>>54645791
>>54645801
>>54645886
>But yeah, HRB is the only one I'd even consider leaving right now, and that's just because Disk is kind of un-fun to be around.
Straight from Discord.
>>
>>54645926
>Skynet is a /pgg/ frequenter

It all makes sense now
>>
>>54645940
I said credible people, Leaker-Kun
>>
>>54645940
can you just tell us who you are so we can boot you already.
>>
Wew, Discord drama.
>>
>>54646014
much fun
>>
What's the big deal if someone posts what was said in a discord?
>>
>>54644885
yuri is nothing but two cock-lovers attempting to make do on cockless substitute
>>
File: oQa2WyA.jpg (385KB, 6000x3375px) Image search: [Google]
oQa2WyA.jpg
385KB, 6000x3375px
>>54645739
>>54645756
>>54645822
>>54645839
The setting has magic. Because it has magic, it also has advanced firearms, but they're literally powered by magic, and use charged crystallines along with steel bullet material, sorta like a really stubby crossbow bolt flying at incredibly high speeds. In fact, that's exactly what they are, someone looked at telekinetic powers and said "let's weaponized this HARDER" so they obsoleted crossbows entirely by making guns that: do not have to worry about strings, draw weight is nonexistent, and you can train for them EVEN MORE easily than crossbows. The only bad part is that, while earlier versions are available (equivalent to simple firearms), the repeaters and advanced firearms are usually for military use or are expensive custom pieces- though with disarmament happening, plenty of the military weapons are making their way around the country.

>>54645764
>>54645822
>>54645904
>>54645904
As cool as Avowed is and as much as I like seeing them in play, I'd be hesitant on allowing it without severely refluffing/limiting some character options in order to better preserve the setting.
>>
>>54646080
>As cool as Avowed is and as much as I like seeing them in play, I'd be hesitant on allowing it without severely refluffing/limiting some character options in order to better preserve the setting.

What sort of refluffing and limitations would it be?
>>
File: Kara_Sloan.jpg (152KB, 897x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Kara_Sloan.jpg
152KB, 897x1028px
>>54645004
as if swords were any less mundane, if you ask me!
>>
reminder that /pfg/ is bad civilization
>>
>>54645940
Which Discord? Ctrl+F doesn't show up anything for me.
>>
>>54645018
advanced firearms are 5 increments not infinite for touch-resolution.

they are also hideously expensive by default though; a non-magical pepperbox rifle comes just short of the cost of a +2 magical any-other-weapon.
>>
Some pacts will just plain not be available, because the creatures to make those pacts are extinct, nonexistent, or unwilling to make the pacts. Self pact and nation pact are the surefire ones to get in- self pact is easy enough to fluff as being "fuck you I'm strong" and nation pact can be interpreted as being a nation's super soldier project. Others would, of course, get a refluffing to fit the setting's quirks (no chromatic/metallic dragons, only linnorms and a few other types, undead are largely nonexistent save for a few types that it would be spoilers to let out, and other such changes.) Some just plain wouldn't sit well at all, like Otyugh, for instance.
>>
>>54646291

What about Fae, or Old One?
>>
>>54646291
Reminder that Forrest has explicitly said that shit should be refluffable, within reason, if the mechanics themselves are fine
>>
>>54646291

>>54646098
Woops forgot my reply, sorry

>>54646303
>Fae
I'll think on it. Fae exist, certainly

>Old One
This would be one of the few pacts that I could allow. Perhaps refluffed as a "pagan" pact.
>>
>>54646291
Some helpful notes on a few more:

Nation can also be fluffed as your powers awakening for being a Captain-America level patriot - almost like a paladin of the country itself.

World-Engine can be a twisted form of druidic in some ways; except you've become so attuned that you go a step beyond just "nature" and clean into the even more fundamental laws of the world. Though the attunement's gonna piss somebody off (usually the one trying to use it honestly).

Dragon is simple and obvious if there's dragons; otherwise it's obvious why it would be out. Same with Fiendish or Undead or Divine, really. Chances are any of those would need some modifications (like, say, to available breath elements) that better match the setting's own critters.

Great Old Ones can be refluffed to all sorts of "existences that should not be", but GM pact can actually be in the same "what the fuck did you contract" ballpark.

.Jpeg is probably the toughest there.
>>
So, I've just finished my character for Bones and Bed Shackles! What do you do to relax after you've finished a long app that you hope is good, /pgg/?
>>
>>54646450
>relax
funny joke. Get ready to obsess over the campaign for the next two weeks, at which point you'll just want everything to be over and won't care if you even get in or not
>>
>>54639746
I was planning on making a character for it, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not worried about it being a bamboozle, but if there are Starfinder games around the corner I don't want to fill my schedule with other games.
>>
>>54646450

Drink heavily and cry deeply as you convince yourself that you are neither good nor memed and never should have bothered in the first place.

Once you re-awaken, realize that's bullshit depression bullshit and you've still got a chance, celebrate with the most unhealthy breakfast you possibly can (to chase away the hangover is your excuse), then greet the new day with a raised middle finger and a spinning dick as you tell everything negative to go fuck itself.
>>
>>54646496
You know, you're right... nobody really talks about me or my characters or even memes about them. Am I a bad writer...?
>>
>>54646450
I think about what race would be best for them to marry and carry on their genetic lineage. Sometimes this leads to me writing bad smut like the one unimportant human a very old red dragon chose to 'kill' him in a pure accident just so he could have a final chance to throw the world into chaos. He was given titles and lands by humans, small tithes in perpetuity from newly opened trade routes from dwarves, and the fey queen in about of fey whim, promised him the use of 10000 elf-wombs because she felt the other races weren't doing enough to ensure his legacy. He basically became the ghengis khan of half-elves, oh and the elf-queen used him as a fuck-slave for like 17 years so she could fulfill her 'promise'

What races do you think are best for ensuring your characters genetic legacies? Half-dragons? Celestials? Elves?
>>
>>54646541
>What races do you think are best for ensuring your characters genetic legacies? Half-dragons? Celestials? Elves?

Dragons.
>>
>>54646527

Dunno! Which app's yours, I could always give it a read adn some feedback. It can't be any worse than Edda.
>>
File: 2d7fc87bbc9cab7d86dbe0cad647bd03.png (306KB, 1228x950px) Image search: [Google]
2d7fc87bbc9cab7d86dbe0cad647bd03.png
306KB, 1228x950px
>>54646450
Listen to chill music.
Soothes the nerves.
https://youtu.be/qDsDYCI3fyc
>>
>>54646541
I need a link to this smut anon
>>
>>54646591
Sleep good, you goof woof.
>>
>>54646585
Cephaeia is my app. I'm scared of your criticism, though!
>>
>>54646585
>>54646527
I think their app's the bird.
>>
>>54646623
It's bad smut because I never finish what I start.
>>
>>54646664
Cephilia get a +1 for being an actual fullcaster which almost none of the apps are thus far.
>>
>>54646686
I wanna see it though! It sounds hot!
>>
>>54646496
You're an inspiration to us all.
>>
>>54646726
>Cephilia
>Cephaiea
Heckin' confusing
>>
Friendly reminder to migrate to the NEW THREAD:

NEW THREAD:
>>54639855
>>54639855
>>54639855
>>54639855
>>54639855
>>54639855
>>
>>54646664

Okay, so! You get an automatic +1 for being a brawler, which is my second favorite Paizo class, period. The backstory is good, I think; I'm a sucker for family connections. It reads well, godo writing; maybe could use an editting pass or two, but no one here's doing these professionally, so that's fine, I won't break out the red pen for this.

Now, I will say that nothing really sticks out immediately; there's nothing that really grabs onto me and TWISTS it, no pitch or catch, no instant zinger. The character seems like she'd be fun and deep, but a cursory glance doesn't show much of that. You almost seem to be relying on two things to act as the hook--a weird race and a duo-app--neither of which necessarily speaks for the *character* as much as it does for the *game*, if that makes sense?
>>
>>54646760
It's page two you cockmongler
>>
>>54646839
Out of curiosity, what IS your favourite race, anon?

Also, I'm curious of what you mean by 'hook'- people have different definitions for it. Do you mean something that makes the character enticing, or something like that? Can you give examples of what you mean by it?
>>
>>54646843
That thread has been up for a while.
>>
>>54646901
Not race, class, sorry.
>>
>>54646901

My favorite class, I assume you mean? Occultist.

As far as hooks, yeah;s omething that makes the character enticing on a glance. Something that reaches out and grabs you and makes you read the rest of their app in more detail--some examples from other Skullfuck and Shackles apps would be Raimi's picture (even if the app is no where near done, that picture alone has gripped me); Nimireal's '100% elfing' party role, Luculeia's why she was in port peril ('her ability to make sea travel smooth as the silk she wears.'), or Rekina's player's insistence that they're not into vore. The hook doesn't just take one form, but the important thing is that it grabs you; now, I'm not the GM. Maybe the GM sees something in your app that does hook them into it--and that's fine! Ultimately, this isn't a popularity contest or a 'who can write the best' contest, it's 'what characters does the GM feel most inspired by', and since everyone is inspired by different things, without a lot of context as to what the GM likes, we're all operating at the same level going forward.
>>
>Nobody bought night tea for Skullfuck and Shackles

Well, this took an interesting turn.
>>
>>54647059
The best turn.
>>
>>54647059
Historically, the best thing for a female pirate at risk of being caught by the authorities was being pregnant, as they can't hang you until the baby is born.
>>
>>54647031
Oh, I get what you mean now! It's not really something you can write on purpose, though, it's quite subjective! I mean, I hope that my backstory is good enough and actually 'caught' you even a little bit. Is there anywhere you think that I might be able to add a hook of some sort without actually forcing it?
>>
>>54646727
only a very tiny bit is done and most of it is scattered notes
>>
>>54647190
>yfw the governor keeps an Urgathoan on call expressly for quietly dealing with pregnancies to hasten tricksy pirate lasses' executions
>>
>>54647303
It sounds hot!
>>
>>54647297

You actually had a bit of a hook at first for me, once I actually looked at your app; but it was yoru class, because as I said, Brawler is my second favorite Paizo class; the backstory has some catch to it, I suppose, but I liked it better stand-alone--Duo-apps aren't really my think, but that's a personal issue, not really speaking out against your app! I wish I could offer more advice; but ultimately all Ican really give is the two pieces of advice a writing professor gave me in university.

Write what you love and what you feel passionate for; if you don't want to read it, no one else will;

and the most important piece of writing advice I ever recieved...

Write drunk. Edit sober.
>>
>>54647366
Mm, I understand. Thank you so much for your help, anon. I'll go and proofread it, check over it and stuff. You've given me a good confidence boost!
>>
>>54647465

No problem! I like being helpful; it's a welcome change from the rampant cockery that often fills the chan. Good deeds and all that. Good luck with your writing, your app, and the game!
>>
>>54645997
It's Rory.
>>
>>54647680
>It's Rory

Lyin' is a sin
>>
>>54647701
I know it's you.
>>
>>54647746
I'm in the cabal, Rory wasn't complaining about HR:B
>>
This probably sounds stupid, but how do you describe what kind of idea you're going for to your players without ruining it?

If you were running a module, you could show them the back of the book and they'd know what they wanted. But what do you do when you're writing stuff yourself?

Maybe you want to do an adventure where the players are on a treasure hunt- So they come to you with characters. Are you supposed to tell them what they're doing far in advance?
>>
>>54647998

Write a little player's guide! Just 2-3 pages of stuff about campaign tone/theme/backstory!
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.