[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG: Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 27

File: ld155_cross.jpg (64KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ld155_cross.jpg
64KB, 620x350px
THE GENERAL RETURNS EDITION
Let's talk fucking legacy

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
http://tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
https://pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ
>>
What do u guys think of the new post top meta you fellow legacy playing chucklefucks
>>
Also I stopped posting for a month and this general died so guess I will keep this shit running
>>
File: bengis.png (142KB, 482x295px) Image search: [Google]
bengis.png
142KB, 482x295px
>>54630920
>>54631012

legacy is for weenbis
>>
is deadguy ale an FNM viable deck

feels like it would function reasonably well without duals
>>
Finally built BR reanimator. It's a fun deck.

>>54630920
Having more room for combo is nice I guess, but I'm not digging all the good stuff decks and Delver variants running around. It is neat to see Miracles survive in a topless form.

>>54632013
I don't see why not. Are you still going to get some Karakas and Wastelands for the deck?
>>
Gonna be picking up a set of vials and caverns soon for modern Merfolk. I'd like to start playing a vial deck in legacy; what's something goofier than fish or taxes? I've got access to a fair number of legacy cards thanks to generous friends. Meathooks comes immediately to mind, I'm pretty sure that deck plays vial? Thanks in advance Leg Generator
>>
File: 1494994400905.jpg (419KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494994400905.jpg
419KB, 1200x1200px
TEENY
TINY
LITTLE
WHITE
weenies
>>
>>54635802
I said other than taxes but thank you for the excellent image <3
There's a very very good taxes player at my store and I don't want to embarass myself in front of him.
>>
>>54635516
Goblins is fun.
>>
>>54635920
Damn I forgot about goblins. Pretty sure I know a guy that literally has most of the deck. I'm trying to get a set of vial decks together so I can go to our weekly Legacy event with a new vial deck each week.
>>
>>54635939
I'd say goblins is probably the goofiest you can get. Only think else I can think of other than Merfolk or Death and Taxes is a couple of BUG lists that run it.
>>
>really want to try this spicy Parallax Tide/Ankh list at FNM but it goldfishes so fucking bad when you don't get an opening Ankh

I'd appreciate any feedback/thoughts. My thought is to bring in White so I could run Enlightened Tutor, and maybe flicker the Rishadan Pirates.

Deck
4 Rishadan Cutpurse
4 Rishadan Footpad
4 Boomerang
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Hoodwink
4 Spell Pierce
4 Ankh of Mishra
1 Isochron Scepter
4 Parallax Tide
1 Trade Routes
4 Ancient Tomb
10 Island
4 Saprazzan Skerry
4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
3 Counterspell
3 Relic of Progenitus
3 Propaganda
3 Ice Over
3 Pithing Needle
>>
Go look up a solemnity angels list and make a legacy edition. God i love the deck.
>>
It's good to see you guys again. I've recently dropped Tezzerator and shifted towards a grixis Pyromancer control deck. After playing Tezz for a long time the variance has been really frustrating, and playing a deck with a cantrip package has been refreshing. The Pyromancer list I've been playing is using Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, you guys have any experience with him in legacy? I would imagine he's good in UB Reanimator if thats your jam.
>>
File: 272.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
272.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
I have a playset of LEDs, two Plateaus, and a pile of Modern/EDH rares I'm not using that total about 500$. Should I sell it all and try to buy into a real deck with duals, or sell everything but the LEDs and build Dredge/Belcher/SI?
>>
>>54637480
I would heil for dredge. Unless you would rather lose to FoW instead of game 2 RiP and Void.
>>
>>54637815
I feel like I'll get bored of Dredge, but having tested SI on Xmage, getting Forced 9/10 times after your epic combo turn is tough. I image Belcher is the same way, but less fun to pilot.

Maybe I can figure out a way to swing a TES build with only one of each dual.
>>
>>54638056

Belcher is what you take to events when you want to actually eat lunch.
>>
>>54635516
Slivers....goof train here we go
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mxn7rjE4bE1qah0nb.jpg (115KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mxn7rjE4bE1qah0nb.jpg
115KB, 500x522px
>>54637480
Could always go for u/w blade.....we all need more blade, and dredge requires to much remembering, too high skill
>>
>>54636101
Feels like this list wants enlightened tutor.
>>
>>54639347
Dredge only needs deck management. What I really like about LED dredge is that you have possiblity to grind the games out, if opponent's is posing a threat of wiping your graveyard or just blindly combo them out turn 1.
>>
>>54635478
The only reason to play a delver deck is to shit on rb reanimator
>>
>>54640012
Or storm. Or other fragile combo deck.
>>
>>54640012
You'd be surprised how often reanimator goes right through delver.
>>
>>54640925
Can Delver beat Elesh Norn?
>>
>>54641013
Not in my experience. I've yet to run across any delver player with a mainboard answer. Or sideboard, oddly enough.
>>
>>54641013
I've seen some lists with a singleton JTMS, but those are mostly the budget-leaning UR builds.
>>
>>54641013
Treat them like they do though.
>>
>>54641230
Straight UR makes top 8s. More colours doesn't mean better.
>>
>>54641241
that's true, but adding DRS certainly makes it better.
>>
>>54641257
DRS is the bees knees and can also give u some more r/b hate too
>>
Could kjeldoran outpost be playable in legacy? I was thinking it on something like land tax+ rack.
>>
>>54642563
I want land tax to be a deck builder so much. Someone point me how to make a deck around it.
>>
>>54643062

The legacy deck that uses Land Tax is called "Parfait." There was a guy here who used to post pictures of his White/Red list, which featured Goblin Charbelcher as an alternate win condition to the normal RiP/Helm, and had Blood Moon to break greedy manabases. I know some Parfait builds also play Kjeldoran Outpost as well, as it's a good way to generate chump blockers that can trade with other creatures under a Humility.
>>
>>54635478
yeah I'd still get 4 wasteland and karakas

still not sure if I want to play DGA or UW stoneblade since prairie streams seem like a great substitute tundra
>>
>>54643543
Didn't parfait get hit hard by top ban?
>>
>>54643677

It didn't even play Sensei's Diving Top, at least none of the lists I ever saw ran it. It plays Scroll Rack to turn the three lands a turn into an Ancestral Recall
>>
>>54643898
Fair enough. Gotta check it out better. I have known parfait exists, but never looked further into how well it does, as it's kinda like your old prison deck anyway.
>>
>>54640925
The only way is with the angel tax. Post board leyline, cage, flusterstorm/extraction do the thing. Also Delver is not really that unfavored G1 with FoW+deathrite shaman.
>>
>>54644023
Delver isn't that hard to beat. Pre and post board. With or without chancellor.
>>
Newfag here. Is it better to have 4 griselbrands in a reanimator list or 1-2 that you can just tutor for with entombs?
>>
>>54645054
>>
Now that it's been a while, what's the concensus on the new cycler lands in 4c Loam? They cost more to cycle, but having basic land types means KotR can sac them and you can fetch for them if you need to.
>>
>>54643677
You're thinking of Mighty Quinn, which used Scying Sheets + Top. Parfait is Land Tax+Scroll Rack.
>>
>>54646509
Oh shit, you are right.
>>
whats the best deck in legacy
>>
File: WhatToPlay_Legacy.png (522KB, 1489x1542px) Image search: [Google]
WhatToPlay_Legacy.png
522KB, 1489x1542px
>>54647179

Old yet still somehow relevant.
>>
why do a lot of the u/w stoneblade lists i see online not run ponder? ponder just seems so good.
>>
First legacy deck ive built so far. Main strat is to use solemnity for shenanigans (phyrexian unlife, dark depths, thing in the ice) and I wanted to keep a Horror theme

What do you think?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azorius-horrors-1/
>>
>>54649137
You should probably be running Thespian Stage if Dark Depths is your wincon. You should also probably be running some amount of fetches and Tundras too so idk. If you're a blue creature based deck there's no reason to not run TNNs. Sometimes it just resolves and they don't draw into whatever they're packing to remove it and it just wins you the game. Is there even a horror tribal payoff card? Spell Pierce deserves consideration over Mana Leak.

I dislike Dark Depths outside of Lands if you're not splashing for Vampire Hexmage because it's just less reliable. Solemnity might alleviate that I guess, but Hexmage can be played turn 2 (turn 1 off of a Dark Ritual even), and Solemnity comes down at the earliest on turn 3.

Not sure what advice you want, it just looks like a cheeky brew. The creature suite in general just seems lacking, Swords and Brainstorm and Force (you should probably be running Force) are always going to be powerful, but you're going to be up against Delver, TNN, Goyf, and Batterskull using 1-time Modern GP winner Eternal Scourge.
>>
>>54649311

Well I was trying to keep it slightly budget and casual with the horror theme, but i'll take your advice in consideration! Thanks!!
>>
I run 2 ponder in u/w card is sweet at
>>
>>54647728
I remember this chart from a while ago still only play burn
>>
Wanted to know if people liked bug value aluren more than recruiter aluren
>>
>>54649116
It seems like there's two builds: 24 Lands, Wastelands, no Ponder; and 21 Lands, no Wastelands, 4 Ponder. So I imagine they would rather have Wasteland as an extra out to certain strategies than run Ponder.
>>
whos the tupac of mtg cards?
>>
File: sliver-family.jpg (64KB, 620x393px) Image search: [Google]
sliver-family.jpg
64KB, 620x393px
Hey guys,

got a few more cards and wanted to make a cheesy sliver deck, what do you guys think?

4x muscle sliver
4x predatory sliver
4x gemhide sliver
4x manaweft sliver
4x blur sliver
4x ward sliver
4x vitalize
4x genesis wave
2x ready/willing
1x sliver hivelord
1x sliver queen
16 forest/8 plains

Tweaks? Changes? I was also thinking replacing Sliver queen with Sliver legion instead.

Maybe replace 4 land with Sliver hive?
>>
>>54647728

How do I play Demon Stompy and 8 land Stompy?
>>
>>54652419
you got shit slivers and zero aether vials

what are you doing with your life
>>
File: nyoron.png (500KB, 680x386px) Image search: [Google]
nyoron.png
500KB, 680x386px
>>54653733
just getting back into magic after a few years away from it, its all i could find in my small folder of stuff plus some other cards given to me.
>>
>>54653917
well if you wanna make a sliver legacy deck you need vials, all the +1/+1 slivers, the hex proof sliver, and the pay 2 return sliver, the flying sliver

and then you need dazes, forces, and brainstorms
>>
>>54653965
pay 2 life*
>>
>>54651720
necropotence
>>
>>54654078
what equipment do you get first in the mirror
>>
>>54653965
>>54654030
looking up the names and here is what i got

Aether is pricey and may take time for me to get.

Galerider slivers( I have 4 of those given to me)

Crystalline sliver, Sinew Sliver, Victual Slivers, brainstorm, and Daze i can buy at my LGS.

Am i screwed at not having Aether vial? How many do I need?
>>
>>54654078
>what equipment do you get first in the mirror
d&t mirror? jitte is the best equipment, but you need to be able to answer a revoker if you're going to serve on mystics or they're gonna break serve with revoker into batterskull and fuck your life up. g2/3 i'll pump-fake a jitte fetch to bait revoker then flicker mystie for manriki-gusari.
>>
>>54654178
see above (fuck i9 am tired)
>>
>>54654241
>Victual Slivers
no, not this one

hibernation sliver and like 3 of them

vials help so much because 85% of legacy is counter magic

you need 4 vials

also your mana base should have 4 caverns of souls and some dual lands and fetches which might be out of ur budget
>>
>>54654279
>>54654241
these should be your slivers

4 x Crystalline Sliver
4 x Muscle Sliver
4 x Sinew Sliver
4 x Predatory Sliver
3 x Hibernation Sliver
4 x Galerider Sliver
>>
>>54654246
>manriki-gusari
people actually play this?
>>
>>54654279
>>54654287
putting these on my notepad thanks anon.

In the meantime the deck i currently got will be a casual deck for play, while I wait for the cards i need.
>>
>>54654300
I haven't seen it in years. People used to run it in stoneblade sideboards for mirror matches.
>>
>>54654594
wouldnt you just be better of with disenchant
>>
>>54654622
I guess so. One nice thing about Manriki-Gusari is that it's tutorable. That and stoneblade used to be more prominent I think. I can't see using it in the current meta.
>>
>>54654300
yup! it's something i personally make room for in any variation of d&t i sleeve up.
>>
>>54655007
Do you use Mangara of Corondor? I know it's mostly fallen out of favor these days, but it just doesn't feel like Death & Taxes to me without it.
>>
>>54655112
depends on the variant, but there's still room for mango in 2017 d&t.
>>
Oh shit I was just about to make a thread when I saw this. It's been ages. Anyone got any tournaments coming up? I'm planning to go to Eternal Weekend but that's still a ways out.
>>
Wouldnt something like RiP+Energy field be good right now? I checked like top 2-3 most played decks and none packed that much hate to enchantments outside counterspells. Im rebuilding my parfait right now.
>>
File: 1471839439599.png (489KB, 656x425px) Image search: [Google]
1471839439599.png
489KB, 656x425px
>We had a comfy thread until namefags showed up
Just let it die again, we cannot get rid of the autistic shit
>>
>>54649311
Problem with solmenity + thing in ice is that it doesnt naturally ramp into it. It forces you to play a 3 cost then 2 cost.
>>
>>54656911
Abrupt decay, engineered explosives, and rec sage are 3 cards that see a non-trivial amount of play, at least post board, and can break up that combo. ANT/TES can more or less ignore it.
>>
>>54656281
bump. I'm gonna hit up the legacy open in dc but that's also a ways off. there's usually 2-3 local events per month where I'm at, which is ok.
>>
>>54659887
I've been mad busy lately but I'm hoping to get out to a 2k at the end of august.
>>
File: G W.png (20KB, 616x270px) Image search: [Google]
G W.png
20KB, 616x270px
>>54630912

My deck isn't that great. I'm interested in making it better. Any card suggestions? This is mostly to just have a deck at tourneys to play not necessarily win.
>>
>>54661852
take out all the shit enchantments

add in vials and stone forge package
>>
>>54662003
which enchantments do you suggest taking out? Which vials? what is a stone forge package?
>>
>>54662269
aether vials

4 stone forge
1 batterskull
1 jitte
1 sword of fire and ice

the stupid shit like celestial mantle and friends
>>
>>54661852
You need better, cheaper knights. If your plan is white weenie knight tribal, go all in on that and don't fuck with huge shit like sun titan, mass calcify, and miraris wake. Also cut all of your naturalize effects and play swords to plowshares. Your one drops should probably be mother of runes and student of warfare. Your potential two drops are all pretty mediocre, probably the best are the first strike lifelink guy or maybe the flier. Maybe even the first strike pro red guy. You might just want Thalia and stoneforge mystic instead even though they aren't knights. Run full playsets of your lords, and mirran crusader is really good. Knight of the reliquary is obviously awesome, but you would need fetches and wastelands to make him good. If you are going all in on creatures, aether vial will make your deck a lot better.
>>
>>54662986
this is what i would have suggested but at this point you might as well just say play death and taxes
>>
>>54662986
>>54663075
I'm not sure If I'm ready to drop a bunch more money on this deck. I'm interested in keeping the cost low for now. I do know I'd like to stick with Knight creatures and enchantments.
should I drop the sun titans and Krond the Dawn-Clad for 3x Mother of runes? If that's the case I'd probably take out story circle for something else.
>>
>>54663198
Drop everything that costs more than 3 mana. You can afford a few 4 drops, maybe 3 or 4. Mother of runes, student of warfare, Mirran crusader, the rest of your lords, swords to plowshares, and the random 2 drop knights with different abilities/protections are all cheap. Also cut the trash like fog and naturalize, those cards are terrible. You just need more creatures for this deck to work.
>>
can you reasonably run daze and Jace together? I want to try running something akin to the UW spiritblade list people have been trying as spell queller is just one of my favorite cards
>>
>>54663988
People do that all the time I suppose. In new miracles and delver, or faster BUG.
>>
>log into xmage server
>log out
>come back and log back in
>wrong password
the fuck
>>
>>54666124
is woogerworks down for anyone right now?
>>
>>54661852

If you're going to homebrew, remember the numbers:

4 -> I always want to see this in my hand, even at the beginning of the game.
3 -> I want to see this once during the game
2 -> Don't do this
1 -> My deck tutors for this
>>
>>54666465
I think 2-of is OK if your deck tutors for it but you wouldn't mind drawing it naturally sometimes, or if you intend for games to go long and you can reasonably expect to see it. It's definitely rare to want a card like that, but 2-of decay was pretty common in ANT near the end of the Miracles era.
>>
>>54646121
I've seen lands run a 1-of r/g one because its fetchable. I dont know loam well enough to say for sure, but its worth trying a couple. They're really cheap too
>>
>guy has solemnity and unlife
>taunting me
>hes at -2
>blink his unlife
>win
rofl
>>
>>54667904
I'm not so sold on them, it's way better on the field, but worse off when you're cycling it. I think I use cycling lands more often to draw a card of get a dredge than I do play them though.
>>
>>54669495
Also having a combo that loses to decay just seems bad desu
>>
>tfw got no one else to play Legacy with
>tfw hate playing online due to the messy overlays nd whatnot
>tfw only option is to play a legacy deck at kitchentable magic against my irl friends
It's only Parfait but it's way ahead of every other non-min/max'ed deck I'm up against. I love playing my deck but it's zero fun for my friends so I hardly play it anymore even though I would like to do so. Suffering.
>>
>>54666465
>2 -> Don't do this
>1 -> My deck tutors for this
Most fair decks run a few niche removal or counters to round out their interaction suite. Council's Judgement, Spell Snare, Maelstrom Pulse, etc. It's fine to run 1-2 of those.

Which means it's more like
2-> I might need this to win, but I don't want to draw it often
1-> This is situationally powerful, but situationally dead, so if I only run one it can't screw me that hard
>>
File: E_Tutor.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
E_Tutor.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54673635
>Parfait
You got a list? This is what I've been running recently. Not sure if I like it better than the Blood Moon build.

Parfait:
Engine: 9
2 Zuran Orb
4 Land Tax
3 Scroll Rack

Instants and Sorceries: 12
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Orim's Chant
2 Swords to Plowshares
2 Unexpectedly Absent

Bullets: 11
1 Pithing Needle
1 Ivory Tower
1 Cursed Scroll
1 Runed Halo
1 Solitary Confinement
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Cast Out
2 Humility

Win: 5
2 Rest in Peace
2 Helm of Obedience
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Mana: 23
12 Plains
3 Crystal Vein
2 Kjeldoran Outpost
2 Karakas
4 Mox Diamond

Sideboard: 15
2 Swords to Plowshares
2 Faith's Shield
3 Ethersworn Canonist
2 Seal of Cleansing
2 Peacekeeper
4 Leyline of Sanctity
>>
>>54673635
You should just get used to playing online. I still don't like the interface for mtgo or xmage but the substantial increase in number of games I play has been great.
>>
>>54673635
I know that feel. My shitty manaless dredge deck is a terror at the kitchen table. Maybe one day they will start playing hate. Maybe...
>>
>>54673998
Why crystal vein instead of ancient tomb?
>>
>>54673922
Also playing situational 2 and 1 of are many times for diversifying threat/answer cards. It can hurt consistency, but it also helps to catch bigger meta, so it ends up being sometimes favorable.
>>
File: IMAG0049.jpg (2MB, 4224x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0049.jpg
2MB, 4224x2368px
Sup niggers.
>>
I've recently started playing modern and commander on Xmage. Would legacy be worth it to get into too? What would you guys say are the strengths and weaknesses of the format?
>>
>>54676457
Pretty.
Did you ever play Miracles before?
How do you find your experience differs with WU Stoneforge and the post top ban environment?
>>
>>54677175
>Did you ever play Miracles before?
HAHAHA HOW DID YOU KNOW

WAS IT THE MAT?
>>
>>54652744
>Demon
Ancient tombs, city of traitors, swamps/urborgs, chalice of the void/trinisphere, some black prison if you like, demons/black creatures with good stats for their costs like the conspiracy two 5/4 flyer that makes you pick blind the rest of the pack once he is drafted
>>
>>54676457
>wow look at all those cool cards
>those plows
hahahahahahahahahahahhah

how embarrassing
>>
>>54676929
legacy can be slightly annoying at times but ive played it the most on xmage
>>
>>54652419
The deck you want is meathooks. Its fun, its aggressive and it breaks some local metas if nobody is running miracles/wipes. I havnt played in a while so Im not sure what the field is like, planning to go to my first FNM for a couple years. Anything that beats miracles i should watch for? I already read about RB reanimator
>>
>>54677188
Oh, no. I didn't notice the mat. Nice mat though.
I prefer the Eternal Masters art

It was the Revised Tundras that made the think so.

So, how is it?
>>
>>54677272
>Terese Nielsen
>Bad
Wow what's it like watching Jamal and Tyrone spitroast your wife?
>>
>>54677310
Shouldnt I be asking you that? Theres a black dude on the card
>>
>>54677310
>>54677331
>Even involving women in sex anymore
>Not just fucking the sexy black guy in his tight, toned ass
Sorry I thought this was the Legacy thread, what is this Standard-tier nonsense?
>>
>>54677331
He knows his place.
>>
File: gays not welcome.jpg (36KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
gays not welcome.jpg
36KB, 329x399px
>>54677452
>>
>legacy general derailed by some guy posting a picture of a stock stoneblade list and samefagging a bit

This is why the general died, you know
>>
>>54677535
>>54677624
Y'know, what'd help more than this or even sucking my dick is telling me if it's worth getting Tundras just to play WU Stoneblade when I could be playing D&T or Grixis Delver instead.
>>
>>54677624
The catch being that I didn't samefag, I just replied to a couple comments. And the list is pretty far from stock really considering most people run 3 colours.
>>
>>54661852
>>54662986
Is it better to run Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares?
>>
>>54678009
plow
>>
>>54673998
I have thought about using Treva's Ruins as lands on parfait. Can keep land count low making easier to trigger land tax.
>>
>>54678009

Path is negative card advantage, because your opponent is not losing a card (getting a land for a creature) while you're going down a card. Plowshares gives them a less valuable temporary resource, life.

At least, that's how I understand it, feel free to correct me if I've gotten it wrong.
>>
>>54675084

Not that guy, but Parfait wants to keep it's lands lower than its opponents to keep Land Tax activated, pulling cards out of its deck every turn. This makes cards like the depletion lands, Crystal Vein, and other lands that explode after their use more valuable, particularly given that decks like Delver already run off a small land base.
>>
>>54678695
Oh yeah great point
>>
>>54678616
its legacy, going up a land is huge
>>
>>54678009
In the grand scheme of things, its plow. If you are playing at a shop where 80%+ opponents have 0 basics its path. It will be extremely bad against even a single basic in the deck so you would need a sideboard option for plow games 2 and 3. So itll still be better to run plow unless you know for a fact that nobody at the shop will have any basics.
>>
>tfw you beat lands as death and taxes and you didnt even draw any side board cards
>>
File: G W 1.png (16KB, 630x226px) Image search: [Google]
G W 1.png
16KB, 630x226px
>>54661852
>>54678838
I've updated my deck a bit. Any suggestions? I was considering taking out Bow of Nylea, True Conviction, and Mass Calcify for Mother of Runes.
>>
>>54679486
play better knights
play vial
play thalia
play cavern of souls
play mother of runes
play the stoneforge package
just play death and taxes

but i assume you want to keep the core theme of the deck which is knights so do all those things except the last
>>
>>54679486
Get rid of the enchantments
Play the good knights
Aether vial and cavern of souls
Drop sanctuary and grove for fetch and duals
Wastelands would be good, maybe some other utility with reliquary
Definately replace those huge unplayable casting costs with mom
>>
>>54679695
>Definately
>>
>>54679486
>I was considering taking out these shit cards for the best one mana white creature ever printed
You know what, I think you're onto something.
>>
File: camel.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
camel.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54681552
YOUR TIME IS UP MY TIME IS NOW
>>
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/893173352474566657
>>
I've been playing Moon Stompy, and I need help with my sideboard. I'm against an online meta, so I don't want to hear
>tune it for your LGS
Anyone have a flexible sideboard that they've had success with?
I'm also looking for suggestions for the flex spots in the deck. Hazoret has been great, but I'm not sure that I'm a fan of Quicksmith Rebel. Are there any good replacements? Also, has anyone experimented with an even split between prodder and rabblemaster? Should I not even bother?
>>
>>54683333
I dont care if its like hearthstone arena

I think a free client that can be used in endless sealed drafts would be sick. ie you get packs and draft but you dont to keep the pixels once the drafts over
>>
>>54683369
well what is ur current sb
>>
Belcher and Big Red are the funnest decks

All other decks provide inferior levels of fun
>>
>>54683382
>thinking wizards would willingly give you a way to infinitely play their most profitable formats for free

ha ha, good one dude
>>
>>54683399

4x Leyline of the Void
2x Pithing needle
2x Sudden Shock
3x Volcanic Fallout
1x Trinisphere (I run 3 mb)
1x Ashen Rider
1x Crumble to dust
1x By Force

Leyline has been hit or miss for me. Either it makes my opponent scoop immediately, or they find an answer for it. That would normally be fine, except it's made me keep otherwise garbage hands for the chance that they do scoop but all it takes is one Wear/Tear and the reanimator opponent wins. Pithing needle is nonbo with Chalice on 1, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about that besides wait for that 2 cost gitaxian probe + pithing needle card that I think was spoiled for ixalan. I'm pretty sure that will replace pithing needle instantly in the sideboard.
>>
>>54683557
what do you find yourself losing to most often
>>
>>54683638

Unkillable threats like TNN, and graveyard decks that can deal with my leylines. I would love a graveyard hate card that isn't nonboed by chalice on 1. If I could find suitable answers to these threats I think this deck could shut down most of the multi-color degeneracy that's been running rampant online.
>>
>>54683794

I also forgot to add: any deck that can grind me out puts the matchup from even/easy to roughly a 30% chance to win. The most annoying deck I've faced is that four color value pile that can pull itself out of pretty much any situation if you give it enough time.
>>
>>54683794
how is tnn attacking? dont have you run bridges?
>>
>>54683908

As much as I'd love to run 6 bridges, I can't. Most decks that run TNN have multiple maindeck answers to bridge, not including counterspells.
>>
File: 5435345.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5435345.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54673998
Hey, sorry for late reply. I've been camping with a couple of friends of mine, hence the delay.
>You got a list?
Sure do.

>Engine w/ Utility (8)
[4ED] 4x Land Tax
[TMP] 3x Scroll Rack
[ICE] 1x Zuran Orb

>Mana Source (22)
[CSP] 12x Snow-Covered Plains
[STH] 4x Mox Diamond
[MIR] 4x Crystal Vein
[LEG] 1x Karakas
[ALL] 1x Kjeldoran Outpost

>Utility (18)
[MIR] 4x Enlightened Tutor
[PLS] 4x Orim's Chant
[4ED] 3x Wrath of God
[ICE] 3x Swords to Plowshares
[LRW] 2x Oblivion Ring
[WTH] 2x Argivian Find

>Silver Bullets (7)
[4ED] 1x Ivory Tower
[JUD] 1x Solitary Confinement
[LEG] 1x Moat
[TMP] 1x Humility
[DST] 1x Trinisphere
[RTR] 1x Pithing Needle

>Win-Con (5)
[ZEN] 1x Luminarch Ascension
[M13] 1x Stuffy Doll
[SCG] 1x Guilty Conscience
[RTR] 1x Rest in Peace
[ALL] 1x Helm of Obedience

I've experimented with a splash of Blue (Jace as win-con, a couple of Dazes and Energy Field) but I feel it's way too unreliant and inefficient.
Would love to figure out a way to play a whacky but effective Parfait one day. My sideboard is standard shit, not much to be said there.
>>
Is xmage good for playing games of legacy? I tried it out a while ago but I remember the ui being really shitty and one of things I hated was not being able to quickly change your phase stops like on mtgo. I recently moved so I can't play in paper as often and I'm looking for some way to play without dropping a grand on mtgo. Will I be able to find games easily and are the other players somewhat normal/similar to the mtgo playerbase?
>>
>>54684309
ive been playing legacy on xmage and its fine

ui isnt pretty but it gets the job doen
>>
File: sad_Splashmaster.jpg (18KB, 304x173px) Image search: [Google]
sad_Splashmaster.jpg
18KB, 304x173px
>>54683492

a man can dream, can't he?
>>
>>54683557
Not sure if it'll be exactly applicable to Moon Stompy, but this is what I run as my Big Red sideboard:

3x Leyline of the Void
3x Trinisphere
2x Sudden Shock
2x Kozilek's Return
2x Fiery Confluence
1x Shattering Spree
1x Magus of the Moon
1x Pyromancy

I strongly suggest Fiery Confluence as a 2x in any of the chalice+moon variants, card is the stone cold nuts every time I cast it. I'm also a big fan of Kozilek's Return over Volcanic fallout; It's easier to cast and shits all over D&T. How has Crumble to Dust been? It seems like a bit of overkill being that Moon Stompy lists typically runs 7-8 moon effects to fuck with nonbasics.
>>
>>54684679
Not a big fan of less that 4 leyline in any strategy desu
>>
>>54685821
I agree, I currently can't find Leyline #4. When I find/buy the 4th Leyline I'll probably cut either the Pyromancy or the Magus depending on how my local meta is looking.
>>
>>54684679

I bring it in as a bit of extra insurance against Lands and any Cloudpost deck. Lands usually brings in enchantment hate, while post has countermagic/bounce. If they force my moons or destroy them, crumble is an amazing backup. I also like seeing their libraries. I can post my list if you want, but it's pretty stock.
>>
>>54685982
Post that shit up nigga, I love looking at deck lists.
>>
>>54686083

Fresh of the press

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blood-moon-tribal/

I've done a split of return and fallout, since return is easier to cast, but fallout is a blessing against delver and stoneforge decks.
>>
>>54630912

My friend and I are using Cockotrice to build legacy decks to try against each other(just fun archetype/theme decks), and I keep having trouble coming up with viable archetypes to run. I wanted to do wolves, but there's surprisingly few, and even fewer of them have meaningful interplay(although there was one that created a wolf token anytime an instant or sorcery targeted a wolf- that was neat). Does anyone have any suggestions for archetypes or themes that'd give me fun decks?

To give you an idea of the "quality" scale we're dealing with, I built a shit-tier kranko/goblin lackey/Goblin Recruitor+Matron/Goblin Goblin Chieftain deck(I didn't even have Chirugan to start, which should tell you how bad it was at first), and he got mad because I spent so much more time on it than he did any of his that it wrecked everything. I just need some neat interplay to have fun with. Any suggestions?
>>
>>54630912
So what would Eternal Slide need to be FNM competitive.
>>
>>54687569
Try building around any of the two-color uncommon cycle cards from recent sets: http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22creature%22+c%3Am+r%3Auncommon+%28e%3Ahou%2Fen+or+e%3Aakh%2Fen+or+e%3Aaer%2Fen+or+e%3Akld%2Fen+or+e%3Aogw%2Fen+or+e%3Abfz%2Fen+or+e%3Aori%2Fen%29&v=card&s=cname
>>
File: 1423721699254.png (49KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
1423721699254.png
49KB, 398x409px
are mono-U omni-tell or LEDless Dredge FNM-viable decks? I'm currently playing proxied Esper Deathblade but I'd rather not buy duals at the moment
>>
>>54689080
Duals are spiking right now, you missed your chance to get them cheap. To be fair, that can be said every 6 months for the last 4 or 5 years.
Badlands is way up, so is Bayou.
>>
Why are there only 2 people in my city who want to play legacy.
Why are there only 6 people who want to play modern.
I just want to play a non-cuck format, fuck
>>
>>54684031
Looks like a solid list.

How is Stuffy Doll/Guilty Conscience as a wincon? Does it have any advantages over RIP/Helm?

Is Argivian Find working well for you? The deck relies on resolving a lot of specific cards, so it can add redundancy, but it's also a nonbo with RIP, which is one of our strongest hate cards.
>>
>>54691610
>Looks like a solid list.
It's pretty solid, but far from optimal. In my opinion R/W Parfait is the best possible choice you can make to increase your win-chance.
But I like my deck as it is. Would have been cool to run a Bant Parfait (for example) though.
>How is Stuffy Doll/Guilty Conscience as a wincon?
I like it. Adds a bit of flavor to your deck.
As for advantages, I don't really know. It seems like RIP/Helm is the superior choice, but you could try it out for yourself and see what you like.
>Is Argivian Find working well for you?
Yeah, it has actually saved me a couple of times.
Since most of our enchantments and artifacts are relatively cheap, you can cast AF + the card you returned in one turn.
>>
>>54689867
If you're willing to buy beat up cards, you can find duals for <200
>>
>>54691338
Because it's fucking expensive?
>>
Worldgorger Animate Dead?
or
Grislelbrand Goryo's Vengeance/Shallow Grave?
>>
I've been playing reanimator UB (force of wills, brainstorms, dazes) for 4 years. Now I'm working with a petal-less list for this slow, grindy meta and It has been working great.
>>
Post your ghetto doomsday piles. No LED allowed.
>Ideas unbound
>Draw Lake of the dead, LabMan, Chromatic sphere
>Play Lake of the dead and generate BBBB
>Play LabMan with chromatic into last card gitaxian probe
>>
>>54696931
Ancestral recall
Black lotus
Labman
Gush
Gitaxian
>>
>>54689080
omni-tell is a pretty good deck
>>
>>54699217
Do I need any ancient tombs if I'm playing mono blue? the deck seems to be Show&Tell an Emrakul and win or Show&Tell an Omniscience, dig through your entire deck for Emrakul then win
>>
>>54694871
They don't even want to play proxies
>>
>>54699601
ancient tomb lets you play show and tell a turn earlier. I'm sure the deck is playable without them, but it is definitely suboptimal to not play them
>>
any tip for Shardless BUG?
>>
>>54699990
yeah play aluren or food chain instead
>>
>>54700271
>Aluren or food chain
>Not Czech pile or bug Delver
>>
>>54696215
List me you slut.
>>
>>54699653
>lol turn one coin-flip format
>>
I wonder if Martin Shkreli is going to be selling those Magic cards he bought to pay for his bail.
>>
>>54700850
Dude aluren is the fucking shit my dude
>>
>>54696215
What do you replace the petals with? Answer me, damn you.
>>
>>54705106
DEEZ NUTS.
>>
>>54705406
What set is that from?
>>
File: 1473751733238.jpg (16KB, 317x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473751733238.jpg
16KB, 317x300px
>>54705457
Top KEK, m90, gg
>>
Nic Fit is fun and v a l u e
>>
what would be the best set to buy a booster box for in terms of top values on cards vs. set price?
>>
>>54707544
MM3 if you can get it cheap
>>
>>54707552
ty
>>
>>54652419
Keep your slivers cheap and unblockable, get rid of the stupid rainbow slivers/5drops and replace them with counterspells and company
>>
>>54702668
Do they let you bring a deck of magic cards into prison
> a-asking for a friend
>>
>>54708503
No bease they could be used as a tradeable commodity. Just draw your own on index cards.
>>
>>54709786
they let you have like poker cards, yeah? I assume it'd be easier to draw on those so you could shuffle
>>
>>54711054
Those don't take pen/sharpie ink that well. Smudges
>>
>>54711080
just as well. if a judge found out they'd probably report you for a dci ban for counterfeits
>>
hey guys there's a full proxy event coming up near me. last time I played the deck I actually own (delver) and didn't do well because a bunch of people were playing nonsense without fetches and duals. so I want to play something to punish that sort of thing. I was thinking like sneak and snooze or reanimator. which do you think would be better (or something else?) and could I get a good decklist or tips for piloting? thanks.
>>
>>54711449
Play belcher.
>>
>>54706946
Post list? Are you playing Glen Elendra?
>>
File: Image (16).png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).png
128KB, 223x311px
Just got 3 of pic related as a gift from a teammate.
>>
can legacy goblins ever beat death and taxes

i dont ever see it happening
>>
File: 20161125_203733.jpg (4MB, 1998x1835px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_203733.jpg
4MB, 1998x1835px
>>54711449
Yawgmoth wills it.
>>
I have an interesting challenge for you all. I will be playing at eternal weekend this fall, and intend to play the vintage main event (as well as legacy). Now this is sanctioned, i.e. no proxies. I have no access to Power. I don't care too much about winning but I'd still like to make my deck the best I can. Since I really want to play a fun combo deck, im gonna play Kobold Clamp.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kobold-clamp-1/
That's what I'm working with so far. I figured without power, that a Culling the Weak engine was the best for building mana and storm. Anyone have any suggestions? Are the Skullclamps really any good, or should I just cut them for more haymakers? Maybe for another couple POs?
>>
>>54715254
>Is skulllclamp any good

I dont know if magic is the game for you
>>
>>54715254
Isn't Skullclamp banned?
>>
>>54715813
not in vintage
>>
>>54715302
>>54715813
This is within the context of vintage you fools.
>>
>>54715813
Not in vintage.

>>54715302
Skullcap is slow. It's a dead draw if you don't have a 0-drop. 4 slots might be too many. Or maybe I need a few more 0's to make it better. These are the kind of questions im asking. Obviously skullclamp is a good card, but is it good in this shitty deck?
>>
>>54715920
you're playing with out power, you are like 3 turns behind before your first upkeep
>>
>>54715920
desu your deck is so shitty that it doesn't matter what other garbage you throw in there, you won't win a single match against tiered decks
>>
>>54716032
I've tested it a bit online and taken some games off mentor. It can win in the first turn or 2 so sometimes you just Belcher them.
>>
File: 76b4324.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
76b4324.gif
2MB, 300x226px
Gimme your SPICIEST tech for Parfait
Have this funny Donald Duck gif in return
>>
>>54715254
Buy Chinamen fakes
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (66KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
66KB, 480x680px
>>54713001

You should be fighting the good fight against nuwizards and their shitty, uninspired cgi art and stick to old prints. Those would make great coasters though.
>>
>>54713001
that looks like the mew card that theaters gave out when that one pokemon movie came out
>>
>>54717194
original and innovative content
>>
>>54717295
ironically, in mtg every one always loves the older card art even if the card is "recent" ie aether vial

at least everyone i know anyway
>>
File: Aether Vial.full.jpg (188KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Aether Vial.full.jpg
188KB, 480x680px
>>54717329
I think the new Aether Vial art looks way better. Mox Diamond is another notable exception.
>>
>>54718319
well, you'd be wrong
>>
>>54718319
>preferring garbage ftv art to a classic dan frazier piece

I didn't realize it was possible to have taste this shitty
>>
File: 452435235.gif (1MB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
452435235.gif
1MB, 785x757px
>>54718319
>I think the new Aether Vial art looks way better.
Well, I guess I can see why you would prefer that
>Mox Diamond is another notable exception.
>>notable
You take that back, you double nigger
>>
does anyone have experience playing spiritblade? Specifically talking about these 2 lists that 5-0'd, I know that doesn't mean much but still

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/722089#online

Would it be worth it to add black (deathrite, thoughtseize) in place of the back to basics? or would that be sacrificing too much consistency?
>>
>>54715254

If you don't have Power 9 then just play Null Rod beats. Or FIVE COLOUR HUMANS
>>
>>54721335
Yeah I don't like attacking very much. I was thinking about playing goblins though.
>>
File: tin fin depths.jpg (123KB, 627x701px) Image search: [Google]
tin fin depths.jpg
123KB, 627x701px
>>54695439
consider the following list i threw together
also, if anyone has ideas for a sideboard, sound off
>>
>>54721746

I'm a firm believer that all decks besides storm that run dark ritual should run one Lost Legacy in the sb. Other than that, Tormod's Crypt is always solid gy hate for a deck that might want to storm off. Seal of Cleansing takes care of pesky artifacts or enchantments without needing a red splash. Can also windmill slam it in anticipation if you have nothing better to do that turn. That's all I got.
>>
>>5472279
why seal of cleansing instead of disenchant
>>
>>54722859

It does the same thing, but you can play it out if you have nothing to do. Having a permanent out that can kill any graveyard hate before they can play it is better to me than holding onto a spell.
>>
>>54723155
but wouldnt you consider your hand safer than in play
>>
>>54723173

Not with all the discard I've been seeing lately.
>>
>>54723215
id consider myself up a card if they took a de with thoughtseize

and if you have thoughtseize then you probably have decay
>>
>>54723261

I suppose you're right. However, I remember both Seal of Cleansing and Primordium to be good when Miracles was around.
>>
>>54723294
oh for sure when miracles was counter balance and top, seal would be much much better
>>
>>54712983
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bug-pod-nic-fit-3/
I havent really made changes to my list in a while, some changes might be good.
That said in this stoneblade and delver meta running forces in the side to pack more of a punch g1 is kinda nice.
This deck kinda shits on delver and various sfm decks
>>
>>54716588
the abyss
>>
>>54722798
>all decks besides storm that run dark ritual should run one Lost Legacy in the sb
can you elaborate on this? what decks do i want lost legacy against, and why make an exception for storm?
as far as seal of cleansing, there is merit to having a permanent rather than an instant but i think i generally like serenity more.

>>54723261
>up a card if they took a de
being up a card doesn't really matter when you need to disenchant something to win and they take one of your 1-3 disenchants. i'd also argue that decay is a really good candidate for boarding out since it has so few targets but i've seen a lot of permanent removal postboard while on regular tinfins so i guess you're right
>>
>>54725405

Storm usually wants to save their rituals for comboing off, they run enough discard mainboard that it's not really needed. But other than that resolving a turn 1 lost legacy against a deck like storm is often game.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.