[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Some simple, one-shot quests for low-level rogue in a Big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

ITT: Some simple, one-shot quests for low-level rogue in a Big D&D city?

Can be issued by Thieves guild.
>>
>>54620329
Another adventurer asks them to steal the McGuffin from the lords Manor while said adventurer is challenging said lord to a duel.

Rogue goes in, runs into servants, must bluff or knock out. Trap in room of mcguffin, either floor or box it's in. Disarm leave and see adventurer win duel and leaving.

Bros for life.
>>
>>54620477
>see the adventurer die in the duel
>left with a precious item that needs to be secretly sold off somewhere before the lord tracks you down
>>
>>54620329
The idea of thieves' guilds always struck me as kinda weird. It's like the mafia, but less explicitly ethnic and usually less interested in control and influence rather than just stealing stuff.

Anyway, maybe a local inn/bar has been found to be swiping stuff from patrons, and one of the patrons has put out a "hit" requesting you steal the shit back. The player could either be stealthy or just go in and beat up the bouncers, though stealth is probably smarter.
>>
>>54620662
>The idea of thieves' guilds always struck me as kinda weird. It's like the mafia, but less explicitly ethnic and usually less interested in control and influence rather than just stealing stuff.

My take on thieves guilds is that they are criminal organisations under the patronage of local big shots and merchant families.
Any single city must at least have 2 of those.
>>
>>54620329
Jake needs a fall guy. You're going in the slammer for ten to twenty, and if you get out alive there's a bonus.

The campaign is about surviving prison
>>
>>54620329
>A nearby farm has been booming in profit recently, a good thing all sides
>Unfortunatly, they've gotten cocky, and refuse to pay any tax
>The lords decide that whoever can get the taxes from the farm gets 10% of the gold aswell as a pardon from any crime.
>and that is where you come in, get some funds for the guild, and the law can't touch you as an added bonus!
>>
>>54620329

A local noble needs help committing insurance fraud.
>>
>>54620329
Smuggling jobs, courier runs and basic B&E are my bread and butter for low-level crook work in D&D.

>see pic
God dammit that sack of garbage. I fucking hate Gino so goddamn much.
>>
File: 1492974076267.gif (879KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492974076267.gif
879KB, 500x400px
>>54620329
We've recently come into possession of two dozen exotic weapons from a faraway land. They are possibly illegal.

Your job is to create demand among people with money and spike up the price. You can focus on nobility with a fondness of dueling, the gladiatorial fighting pits, monster hunting adventurers, other merchants, etc. You get a cut of the total sales.
>>
>>54620329
>The Royal Surveyor had his gold plated magic surveying tools stolen and is looking for someone "in the know" to get them back before they're melted down or worse, get sold off to another kingdom

>A "Barbarian Princess" (con artist) needs someone who's just as good with their hands as they are lying to help with a Barbarian Princess wedding scam with a local minor noble.

>Take this guard uniform and pretend to be a new overzealous guard while the rest of us pull this large scam in the background, keep them off our backs and away from the work area.

>Plant this box of infinite spiders in a competing inn a few streets away, put it in a place they won't easily find it.

>Put your best stealth tricks to the test and help us pull a haunted house scam to get some nobles out of an old manse they just bought and refurbished.

>Put on this elf costume, some fake blood and a trick knife and head over to the Orc quarter where the elvish ambassador is trying to make amends, try and start a race riot to draw his personal guards away from the embassy so we can rob it blind.

>The local magic goods shop keep is out of town for a day, his magic security alarm takes 30 seconds to activate and it takes the guards 2-5 minutes to respond, smash and grab as much as you can.
>>
Think of it as helping high levels.

Do something to draw guards away from part of the city.

Steal an worthless item from a rich mans house as a teleport reagent.

Extort a kindly alchemist who has been selling healing potions at cost instead of the mark up.

Tavern crawl and spread rumors about a politician
>>
File: Don_Quixote_6.jpg (387KB, 963x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Don_Quixote_6.jpg
387KB, 963x1210px
http://www.online-literature.com/cervantes/exemplary-novels/2/
>>
>>54630689
>Extort a kindly alchemist who has been selling healing potions at cost instead of the mark up.

Ser Shkreli, please go
>>
join a gang.
>>
>>54628012
Great post anon.
>>
>>54620623
That's the fun of dice rolls!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.