[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you on /tg/ actually use different colored dragons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Classic Dragon.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Dragon.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
How many of you on /tg/ actually use different colored dragons with different elemental breath weapon attacks?

I don't know why, but it always seemed kind of lame to me. Red dragons breathing fire and blue dragons breathing ice or whatever makes sense, but it just feels a bit special snowflake to be honest. Why can't they all just breath fire?
>>
>>54613054

Why can't they breathe something else?

And there is mythological precedent for at least some variation, dragon-like beasts have breathed poison quite often.

I can see the appeal in both, having a variety of interesting breath weapon types or just going old school firebreathing skylizards.
>>
>>54613054
>Red dragons breathing fire and blue dragons breathing ice or whatever makes sense, but it just feels a bit special snowflake to be honest.
>Green iguanas living in trees and marine iguanas living on beaches or whatever makes sense, but it just feels a bit special snowflake to be honest.
They're different species of dragons, so they have different abilities.
>>
>>54613054
I do, though I usually tend to just pick out a handful of the much, much wider selection of dragons and include them in the setting.

For example, I'll make use of Green Dragons and have them be the evil ones living in forests, and have Gold or Brass dragons as fire breathing ones that live in mountains and deserts, the two coming into conflict often, but that'll be about it.

I think it works better if instead of a full spectrum, you take the handful of types you need for your game, and then have those be the only ones. If you only want fire dragons, then that's still an option to simply that, though if I were to do so I would still probably include Red Dragons, Brass Dragons, and Shadow dragons of a fire variant, mainly to offer a bit of variety to the types of draconic encounters there could be.
>>
>>54613054
Because they are magically hyperadaptive to environment and magical phenomenon while in the egg. A dragon hatched in flames in a pyre of burning magical items will hatch a Red Dragon. An egg in a brackish swamp with little to no magic will hatch a hydra. An egg in a desert cliff nest swirling with magic will hatch a wyvern.
>>
>>54613054
>it just feels a bit special snowflake to be honest
It's consistent with myth.
>>
File: asdffdassdfdsa.jpg (63KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
asdffdassdfdsa.jpg
63KB, 500x366px
Fire and poison are great. Ice is okay on the merit of being a cool opposite. Anyone who thinks dragons should breathe lightning deserves a slow and painful death.
>>
>>54613054
Chinese dragons usually breathed water not fire.
Also it's fantasy, dragons can be whatever color/element the author feels like. Because they don't exist and never will.
>>
>>54615874
>cool opposite
squinting_fry.jpg
>>
File: 1486801019502.png (458KB, 670x476px) Image search: [Google]
1486801019502.png
458KB, 670x476px
inb4 this devolves into a discussion about what Pink Dragons' breath does
>>
>>54615874
you mean like the Swedish drakes did?

Yeah, that's right, lightning breathing dragons were a mythological thing, not a D&D construct.

Fucking moron.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.