[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu Gi Oh TCG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1036.jpg (144KB, 680x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1036.jpg
144KB, 680x343px
Is Link Summoning really that bad?
>>
>>54608444
How does it work?
>>
>>54609941
Link monsters have no defense position and go in 1 of 2 shared slots (you each get 1, but you can use either).
You summon them by sacrificing X monsters, where X is the number where their defense would normally be.
They count as Y monsters when sacrificed to summon another link monster, where Y is their own cost.

Link monsters also have arrows on their picture frame, which point to your and your opponents card slots.
Extra deck monsters (synchro, fusion, etc. etc.) can only go in the 2 link slots and in slots pointed at by link monsters.

Basically, they nerfed EVERYTHING.
>>
>>54610465
This is at the same time a really bold move and the chance to give Yu-Gi-Oh an identity beyon "Cast all the cards and fuck resources"
Is there a community uproar? I mean, you could say they revolutionized the game and gave it more character but at the same time they fucked over a large quantity of cards, decks and players.
>>
>>54610465
On one hand that looks like it would stop the synchro/xyz spam, which is one of the main cancers of current YGO, as you can only summon 1 of those without Links. That means thousands of current decks invalidated and a lot of fans pissed off.

On the other hand that makes Link monsters mandatory now.

So I would say it's overall a dick move.
>>
>>54608444
The mechanics themselves aren't bad. The card creator's lack of balancing skills are bad. Link Summon itself is fine but it's making players upset because they can't vomit their extra deck onto the field like they've gotten used to.
>>
>they nerfed EVERYTHING
Good, this has me interested in the game again. Maybe we can go back to a world with trap cards.
>>
They should have just limited special summons to one per turn. Decades ago.
>>
File: 1498057964525.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498057964525.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>54610514
>Is there a community uproar?
yes but that happens every time a new summon mechanic is introduced

>>54610540
>On one hand that looks like it would stop the synchro/xyz spam, which is one of the main cancers of current YGO
the problem is that link spam is very similar to them and it have no limitations

>>54610570
>Maybe we can go back to a world with trap cards.
you do know that paleozoic were a thing until recently right?
>>
oh shit yugioh thread on /tg/

cant wait for no one to discuss anything at all
>>
>>54608444
No, it is fine. I feel it adds more strategy to game, since the placement of your monsters actually matters now. It is nice that people can't vomit out their extra deck shit as much and this is coming from someone who mains a synchro spam deck. I feel the people who are most vocal about the change are those who refuse to adapt to it.
>>
>>54618341
Let's wait for a FoW thread!
>>
>>54608444
its not bad but they introduced something meant to balance out the game but now it'll be an even bigger spam compared to zoodiacs.
>>
>>54618924
What happened to /tg/ FoW community by the way? Is the game really dead in Murica? FoW is close to be the main TCG in my FLGS
>>
I played Yugioh back in middle school when exodia and BEWD were top shit.

I have no cards at all now, would I have fun buying cards to make some decks for casual games on our groups game nights?
>>
>>54619109
Yeah, it's still a pretty fun card game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.