[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion about mana weaving? Some people might do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: zuiop.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
zuiop.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
What is your opinion about mana weaving?

Some people might do it just as a lucky charm.
>>
>>54607949
You can get your WOTC license revoked for it.

That said, I usually do it after a major deck reconstruction, then shuffle 7 times.
>>
If it increases your chance of drawing an optimal mana curve, you're cheating.
If it doesn't, you're wasting everyone's time.

Stop weaving.
>>
>>54607970
New to Magic, What even is manaweaving? separating mana and spells into to piles before shuffling?

Seems pretty pointless to me
>>
>>54608128
I do it because it tends to trigger my opponents' autism, thus giving me a psychological advantage.
>>
>>54608175
separating is step 1. Step to is alternating between each pile while recombining them; so it goes mana, spell, mana, spell..etc.

I'm fine with it but only if you shuffle alot after you do it. After long games graveyard and mana piles can get pretty big so leveling it out before randomizing is ok i think.
>>
>>54607949
Just fucking shuffle your deck really well;which is what you should have been doing to begin with. Weaving is consciously trying to spread out your mana which the whole point of the draw being random. its not that hard ot shuffle well and if you get mana screwed then oh well, thats just the nature of the game.
>>
This shouldn't even be a talking point anymore. We've had this discussion a million times and you can look up a million articles saying how it's unethical and useless.

The fact we're still fucking around with useless discussions like this just speaks to how incompetent established players are at easing new players into the game.

Any retard purporting that it works is just a dipshit trolling for replies or said product of incompetent introduction to the game.
>>
>>54607949
I do it with my yidris deck if I'm doing nothing at home, mostly just to kill a little time and slightly because the way I play the deck it's not too unusual for the deck to just have 2 big clumps of land if I don't shuffle the absolute fuck out of it.

And frankly, I'm playing the lowest power-level deck in my playgroup and the guy with arguably the most powerful deck will do it pregame so fuck it, it's not like I'm holding anyone up or gaining an unfair advantage
>>
>>54608306
>if you get mana screwed then oh well, thats just the nature of the game.

This is why I'm actually fine with people mana weaving, but not shuffling their deck that much afterwards.

Winning because of your opponent getting mana screwed is boring. Sure, in a tournament you'll take any win you can get, but as far as casual play goes, people getting mana screwed just sucks.
>>
>>54608397
It's an intended part of the game. If they don't like it they can put more lands in their deck or cards that cheat out lands.
>>
>>54608360
Its unethical yes, but it's not useless. if the deck doesn't get properly randomized after weaving they can gain an advantage from it.
>>
>>54608383
>gaining an unfair advantage
You are. You're making it more likely that you have an even distribution of lands and can plan your strategy around it. Cheat all you want but don't delude yourself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.