[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fabulous Vile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

I've gotten about 3/4ths through pic related and it's really quite good, despite being mostly story-telling and exposition. The problem I find with most 40k literature is the characters - always poefaced and stoic, or mustache twirlingly idiotically evil.

This presents a much, much better image of chaos, it makes the main characters seem very human, despite describing in vivid detail the cenobyte tier shit they surround themselves with. Brotherhood is a huge theme, despite the fact everyone is plotting against one another, and it really shows how the CSM's and the Emperors Childen in particular really still long for what they've lost, despite being debased lunatics. And Fabius Bile is a surprisingly charismatic and charmic skeptic and cynic with a fedora that would make the Emperor proud - affable but acerbic, utterly commited to his vision and his science based ideology to a fault, he's probably ironically the truest living figure of the Imperial Truth. Ironic of course because he still hates the Emperor, though he himself acts somewhat much like how I thought the big E himself should.
>>
>>54596488
>Brotherhood is a huge theme, despite the fact everyone is plotting against one another

Well yeah, family are the people you simultaneously love the most and hate the most.

>science based ideology to a fault

"To a fault" is correct, as he denies the existence of gods even when he is provided with clear and damning evidence of their existence in his everyday life. If anything, it's not "skepticism" so much as it "refusing to believe there is anything more powerful than Fabius Bile." It's egocentricism so extreme it would make Fulgrim proud.

>though he himself acts somewhat much like how I thought the big E himself should.

Pointlessly cruel and capricious in his dealings with others, obsessed with the creation of an impossible dream purely for his own personal gain? The Emperor was a dick, but all the dickish things he did were done with the genuine belief that those actions were necessary to salvation of Mankind as a species.
>>
>>54596488
Got .epub?
>>
>>54597847
>The Emperor was a dick, but all the dickish things he did were done with the genuine belief that those actions were necessary to salvation of Mankind as a species.

Which is exactly what Fabius is doing. The gene-code of mankind will live on a new-race capab;e of surviving and thriving amongst the horrors of the Time of Ending
>>
The Emperor's Children warlord saw a vision about the future. Of two foes that will challenge the might of Chaos. The first was in the form of endless hungers reaching out for the galaxy. The other in the form of the dead raising upon a thousand worlds.

New 40K factions confirmed?
>>
>>54599486
Nigga that's the Tyranids and Necrons.
>>
>>54599517
That doesn't make sense. Necrons are not dead. They are machines.
>>
>>54599486
The first sounds like tyrannids while the later sounds possibly like the ynnari. Both though aren't anything new. Unless you got more on this vision?
>>
>>54599486
Wow you dumb nigga.
>>
>>54599577
"Of course. What else is there to do?’ The Radiant turned away. He stroked one of the slaves across the cheek, eliciting a trilling whimper. ‘They’ve grown complacent, I fear. We are mighty, but that might has not truly been tested in some time. The skeins of the immaterium draw tight, Fabius. Something has begun, in the depths of the universe. I have seen it in my dreams... a hunger unlike any other stretches towards us out of black seas of infinity, and the dead stir on a thousand thousand worlds.’ There was a naked longing in the Radiant’s voice."

That's it. Two new enemies for Chaos. The hunger and the dead.
>>
>>54596488
anyone have an epub/mobi?
>>
>>54596488
I reckon its due to his insight into marine origins, given Fabius Biles knowledge he more than anyone probably knows what truly dark shit went into make the primarchs and space marines.

He also personally made Honsou which is neat.
>>
File: Abaddon meets Fabius (ToH).png (155KB, 1688x830px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon meets Fabius (ToH).png
155KB, 1688x830px
Nice to see that he doesn't have much hard feeling over this.
>>
>>54599749
Its nids and necs. The tyranids have been called the great devourer since they came out. Necrons have always been undead. Not new.
>>
>>54599554

> what is prophetic metaphor
>>
>>54599940

who was "he"
>>
>>54600790
Horus Lupercal
>>
>>54600790
A shitty clone of Horus.
>>
>>54600865
>>>>>Shitty

>For the shadow of a second it made no sense. All of the other cloned creatures were flawed and wrong. How could this... How...?

>I grasped after my link with Ashur-Kai. It... It is Horus Lupercal.

>Not a child cloned from scraps of tissue and drops of blood. Not an abomination half lost to mutation’s touch and trapped inside a containment tank. It was Horus Lupercal, the First Primarch, Lord of the Space Marine Legions. Perhaps a touch younger looking than when any of us had last seen him, and clearly devoid of the Pantheon’s touch. But still Horus Lupercal, cloned from cold flesh harvested directly from his stasis-preserved corpse, wearing the armour stripped from his dead body. Horus Lupercal, clad in his breathtaking black war-plate, replete with the long fall of his white-wolf fur cloak and the pale shimmer of a kinetic force field protecting him like a halo.

>It was Horus Lupercal, charging into our loose ranks and slaughtering us with Worldbreaker. He came from one of the far antechambers, awoken by Fabius in readiness for this moment.
>>
>>54600948
Except you know most people have read more than a couple of BL books and know that the Emperor destroyed Horus's soul. And as your quote shows that the opinion of one guy who probably never meet Horus.
>>
>>54597847
>To a fault" is correct, as he denies the existence of gods even when he is provided with clear and damning evidence of their existence in his everyday life

To be fair he is technically right in the book, the emanations of the warp are psychic reflections of the human mind. They DO originate from us. It's unrealistic to expect people to be will to power ubermensch and purge all emotion from their minds,, which is why the Emperor wanted to evolve humanity to the point they could defend themselves while being still human: like the Eldar did before they fucked it all up by creating a god with their collective pysche and damning their souls to it
>>
>>54600948
>It was Horus Lupercal, the First Primarch
What a twist! Horus Lupercal was Lion El Johnson all along!

It all makes perfect sense. That's why you never see them in the same room together, why Lion was late to the Siege of Terra, why Luther could match him 1v1, why he gave Perturabo those siege guns. Truly loyalty is its own reward.
>>
>>54600992
Except he said LAST saw him. Which implies he met Horus. Khayon was at the march to and siege of Terra.
>>
>>54601062
Also the Emperor created Horus and the rest of the Primarchs in vats. No different than what Fabius is doing. No reason to assume that Horus Reborn was inferior to the original Horus.
>>
All i'm saying is what I really liked about the book was that it made Chaos Space Marines seem like PEOPLE, while also not pulling punches on how retarded they can behave, and also letting you understand WHY they think and act the way they do. It's really rare to see a BL book do that, usually everyone is a 1 dimensional cutout or a caricature.
>>
>>54601062
Probably never meet Anon. Khayon is a literal who during the HH. And this relates to his soul being destroy how? He was a shitty clone not the real Horus.
>>
As anon points out, cloning is... weird in 40k. Only the warp/gods can provide souls. The cloned Horus probably had some deranged soul provided by the warp for the luls. Remember, Fabius is a blatant Dr. Frankenstein expy. Had the clone survived, something would have been horribly, tragically wrong with it.

More notable is the fact his gland-hounds are true breeding now, no longer born in vats.
>>
>>54601110
Soul is just reflection of the mind in the Warp. The clone had the same body as Horus and the same mind. The same memories as well. So it will have the same soul. Khayon noted the age difference between this Horus and the original Horus WHEN HE LAST SAW HIM. Note that Sorcerers like Khayon and his teacher can see souls. They didn't see any imperfection in that clone, in body or spirit.
>>
>>54601193
Nice opinion mate. I suggest further reading on the topic so you can have the correct one however. Perhaps start with the battle between the Emperor and Horus.
>>
>>54601208
It ain't no opinion. The destruction of the original Horus's soul is irrelevant. The new clone would have a soul identical to the original to the point that people with witchsight like Khayon wouldn't tell any difference.
>>
File: get out of my fucking face.jpg (345KB, 1130x787px) Image search: [Google]
get out of my fucking face.jpg
345KB, 1130x787px
>>54601016
We should just cut it out like the tumor it actually is.
>>
>>54601156
Gods do not provide souls. Souls are formed when the minds of sentient beings are reflected in the Warp.

Anyways, Fabius's female daughterfu clone ascended to daemonhood. That can't happen with no soul.
>>
File: Necron.jpg (87KB, 736x669px) Image search: [Google]
Necron.jpg
87KB, 736x669px
>>54601249
Being soulless sucks doe.
>>
>>54601249
The warp, or the human brain?

The answer to both is 'yes', of course, as long as we can replace the brain with a lobotomized t-rex brain! AND ATTACH LAZERS TO IT
>>
File: Laughing at (You).gif (391KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing at (You).gif
391KB, 500x372px
>>54601230
>It ain't no opinion.
>>
>>54601272
Until you become a C'tan, then it's all good.

Not like you don't have an eternity.
>>
Point of order, we already know the final battle between Horus and the Emperor is going to be completely rewritten, so it stands to reason the obliteration of his soul isn't going to be canon anymore.
>>
>>54601337
Point of order you source is Gouldstein who left the company and who has been proven wrong on his opinions before.
>>
>>54601356
Actually, Lady Attia the rumor girl also said recently that the Emperor's battle will be rewritten.

Also-also Goulding-kin job was to manage the HH series. He says that it's all written up and done. They just have to release the books. The new guy just needs to manage the release schedule since all the work is already done.
>>
>>54601415
Well if he said it then it has to be true then. Guess those Sister of Silence in the 40k no longer exist then ;^)
>>
>>54596488

I finished the book less than a week ago. Pretty much spot on. Really makes me want to see Fabius Bile have some kind of breakthrough in the new 40k.
>>
>>54601486
>implying Cawl isn't Bile in disguise
>>
>>54601464
Which as a the SoS codex showed us, is technically true.

They disappeared and became myth in the Imperium. Many of them becoming hermits and housewives. With no support from the Imperium, they have no power to rearm and recruit so the groups of them that maintained the vigil were rare.
>>
>>54601585
>Which as a the SoS codex showed us, is technically true.
What you were actually looking for is factually incorrect.
>>
>>54601598
Nope, correct. The SoS were only brought back officially by the High Lords in last bit of 41K after Magnus's assault on Fenris.

Previous their organisation was disbanded.
>>
>>54601638
Yawn. Wrong again. Waste of my time. Try reading that codex you mentioned where in mentions them as having a few remaining vigils and having them stationed on the black ships.
Your poor grasp of the fluff is annoying so thanks for the final (you) but I'm done responding to what amounts to a broken record.
>>
>>54601679
Nope, right. I am talking about them as an organization and you keep throwing individual cases at me.

You can run but just means you lost the debate like you always do. Look forward for the HH rewrite doe.
>>
>tfw I actually feel bad for ol' Bill that he got beaten into cracking the geneseed code by some asspull character when it's been hinted he's been on the cusp for like 5 editions
>>
>>54601777
Fabius cracked the geneseed and the primarch bio-secrets. Abaddon blew it all up and burned all the pure samples. If Fab got his hands on what Cawl has in bio-treasures, oh the wonders he would make.

Anyways, Fabius has the pure geneseed of the Emperor. Expect miracles.
>>
>>54601777
Same here. Several of the major characters' eternal quests have been nullified with the new shit incoming.
>>
>>54601337
To remove the whole "emps actually gave half a shit about the primarchs" deal?
>>
>>54601845
Yes, the Emperor won't hold back and will legitimately get his ass kicked by Horus until I speculate Olly will save the Emperor by stabbing Horus with his god killing dagger which will cut off Horus from the Chaos Gods long enough to erase Horus.

But is Horus really erased? The Horusian Inquisitors want to ress Horus or a being like Horus.
>>
>>54601531
>Implying Cawl isn't just copying Bile in secret

>Implying Bile won't find out and sabotage him
>>
>>54599554
>was in the form of endless hungers
Relative to chaos, they are dead, since they have no souls. Where did this prophecy come from... oh right, chaos/warp/daemon-shenanigans, who would very much perceive the necrons as "dead."
>>
>>54601016
>the emanations of the warp are psychic reflections of the human mind. They DO originate from us.
Not true at all. The Warp got fucked up back during the War in Heaven long before humanity existed.
>>
>>54602524
THE ELDAR RUINED EVERYTHINNNGGG
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
>>54602553
Not everything. Have you ever heard the Tragedy of Darth Magnus the Red?
>>
>>54602691

No...
>>
>>54602553
Wasn't it the Old Ones who screwed it all up trying to weaponize the Warp?
>>
File: _20170730_110157.jpg (28KB, 410x245px) Image search: [Google]
_20170730_110157.jpg
28KB, 410x245px
>Bob, we have to talk. This shit your doing is getting out of hand
>>
>>54601230
Have you ever stood to understand that Khayon is just a hack who never rears his head outside of the terrible HH books?
>>
>>54596488
just noticed one chaos character from this book Mordrac is essentially duke mordrek from warhammer fantasy, both are depressed immortal chaos champions in baroque armour.
>>
>>54603027
Khayon never appeared in the HH books. He might but not any yet.

He is in the Black Legion series as the protag. He made an appearance in the final book of the Ahriman series. He also was mentioned in the modern IA.
>>
>>54603184
I recall his name is mentioned in some old index astartes fluff but apart from that nothing.
>>
Now this is just headcanon but it seems to me like if a clone were perfect it would have no soul at first however it would develop one over time, assuming a "soul" is as upthread stated to be a reflection in the warp. firstIf the close has the original's memories it could jump start the process a lot but whatever soul came to be would be a different (but similar) one- potentially similar enough that it would confuse the Warp and cause fuckery with it. This also would include newly born babies, who would have no "soul" until they started developing memories of their own.
>>
>>54603546
Nope. Clones don't have souls. This is a standard rule of 40k. Its why the Dark Eldar don't clone, they hyper-accelerate the gestation process.
>>
>>54603728
>Nope. Clones don't have souls.

That's not true.
>>
>>54601303
You can't just evolve into a sun-vampire, anon. Even in Warhammer that's not how it work, this isn't Pokemon.

>>54601809
>pure geneseed of the Emperor
He doesn't have geneseed, he's just a regular man with a superpowered soul.
>>
>>54605723
>He doesn't have geneseed, he's just a regular man with a superpowered soul.

Actually, the GK geneseed was engineered from the flesh of the Emperor.

>You can't just evolve into a sun-vampire, anon.

Orikan and Szeras are working on it
>>
>>54599486
Necromancy confirmed for 40k. Expect the imperium to easiyl fall because 99% of their everything is built and decorated with dead people. Servitors + Dreadnaughts + Servo skulls + all the skulls + Skeletons in archways on aechetexture + all the dead bodies in every location ever? = Ultimate unstoppable undead apocalypse.
>>
>>54602853
>>Bob
I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT
>>
File: _20170730_175840.jpg (27KB, 568x296px) Image search: [Google]
_20170730_175840.jpg
27KB, 568x296px
>>54605954
>CALM THINE MAMMARIES!!
>>
>>54605878
Necromancy has been a thing in 40k for at least the last 20 years. Hell, there's an entire faction physically following an avatar of a death god around.
>>
>>54601107
>tries to talk about book
>literal autism yea/nay follows

Its chill. Thanks for pointing out the book. Authors that can actually work with the fraternal conflict are uncommon.
>>
>>54601337
Khayon says Emperor obliterated Horus' soul.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.