[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 70

File: [ashlander music plays faintly].jpg (674KB, 1280x1001px) Image search: [Google]
[ashlander music plays faintly].jpg
674KB, 1280x1001px
ALMSIVI Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[TES 5E Conversion] https://uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except for living gods.

Previous kalpa: >>54463632
>>
Tfw I introduced someone to Jojo and they introduced me to Elder Scrolls and now we can both enjoy this meme together
>>
Poor choice of OP image aside, here's a question to get the thread rolling: Should Bethesda expand the lore around Black Marsh? If so, how should they go about doing it?
>>
File: request__argonian_by_klashmyag.jpg (691KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
request__argonian_by_klashmyag.jpg
691KB, 2048x1448px
>If one could swim through mud and earth, there were many Lilmoths to discover beneath one’s webbed feet.
>An image arose behind his eyes; the great stepped pyramid of Ixtaxh-thtithil-meht. Only the topmost chamber still jutted above the silt, but the An-Xileel had excavated it, room by room, pumping it out and laying magicks to keep the water from returning. As if they wanted to go back, not forward. As if something were pulling them back to that ancient Lilmoth.
>He stopped, realizing he was still walking without knowing exactly where he was going, but then he knew. The undertow of his thoughts had brought him here.
>To the tree. Or part of it. The city tree was said to be three hundred years old, and its roots and tendrils pushed and wound through most of lower Lilmoth, and here was a root the size of his thigh, twisting its way out of a stone wall. Everything else around him had become waterish, blurred, but as he laid his webbed hand on the rough surface, the colors sharpened and focused.
>He stood there, no longer seeing the crumbling, rotted Imperial warehouses, but instead a city of monstrous stone ziggurats and statues pushing up to the sky, a place of glory and madness. He felt it tremor around him, smelled anise and burning cinnamon, and heard chanting in antique tongues.
>>
“I’ve always wanted to see Rimmen,” she told him. “They say the Akaviri built a magnificent shrine there, the Tonenaka. They say it houses ten thousand statues. And the canals are said to be amazing.”

>Rimmen had elegant bones of ivory-colored stone with few towers but many domes. Soldiers — human soldiers — met them at the gate, searched them, questioned them, and eventually passed them through. For another hundred yards they snaked through the twists and turns of an entry overlooked by platforms for archers, mages, and siege weapons. That brought them to the market, a bustling, colorful plaza empty in the middle but girdled by tents and stalls and bounded by canals. A broad avenue flanked by even more expansive waterways continued on to what was clearly the palace, an ancient-looking structure raised up on a high, tiered stone substructure. The tiers held some buildings, and apparently earth, because he could see trees growing there. Surmounting that was a cylindrical building with a large golden dome. Water cascaded down the sides of the palace, feeding the pool that encircled it.

>Off to the eastern side of the palace, he could see the odd curly-edged roof of what had to be the Akaviri temple Annaïg had mentioned. The only place he’d ever seen with similar architecture was Cloud Ruler Temple.
>>
first for MUATRA
>>
File: meridia_ii_by_danz535-d4rqrly.png (607KB, 1762x1633px) Image search: [Google]
meridia_ii_by_danz535-d4rqrly.png
607KB, 1762x1633px
>>
>>54591588
Excellent edition, anon.
>>
>>54594121
>A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON
I thought the daedra could influence mundus more than aedra can, why didn't Meridia just drop an auroran on the necromancer in that one crypt? For that matter, what are the limits on what a daedra can and can't do (besides create new things)?
>>
>>54591588
What determines what words in the language of dragons is a word of power?
>>
>>54595040
>why didn't Meridia just drop an auroran on the necromancer in that one crypt?

She just likes getting mortals to do her dirty work. Seems like most Daedric Princes do.
>>
File: 1499195772033.gif (105KB, 300x501px) Image search: [Google]
1499195772033.gif
105KB, 300x501px
>>54591588
>why that's a nice tribunal you've got there
>be a shame if something happened to it
>>
>>54595577
you knew dagoth ur was going to beat the tribunal because his mask was even goofier than almalexia's
>>
File: 1496576143772.png (302KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1496576143772.png
302KB, 635x457px
>>54596041
>his mask was even goofier than almalexia's

whatever do you mean
>>
>>54596108
Sun god beats snake bitch
>>
File: 1479038081413.jpg (2MB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1479038081413.jpg
2MB, 1920x4320px
>>54595577
Reminder that no one likes Gaygoth Durr
>>
>>54591588

>obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
>>
File: 1446867245239.png (294KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1446867245239.png
294KB, 499x750px
>>54596512
>>54596625
what a grand and intoxicating innocence
>>
>>54595172
Its more fun for them, its really all games to them
>>
You s'wits will argue about anything.

C0DA
>>
Damn these threads are slow now.
>>
>>54600452
sometimes just all a thread's normal crowd happen to be elsewhere at a given time.
>>
What is Dagoth Ur's motivation? Why is he seeing Nerevar as a friend even if what he says implies it was Nerevar who killed him, but hates the Tribunal? Would he be OK with the Tribunal if Vivec wouldn't let n'wahs in?
>>
>>54601511
It could also be that they're all waiting for TES VI to be announced, a game that will surely be the long deserved sequel to Morrowind. We'll get to play the CHIMborn and it'll be like Minecraft creative mode.
>>
>>54603078
Well for one, Dagoth Ur is a few tentacles short of a bull netch.

For another, I thought that his whole deal was that he claimed to be the only member of Nerevar's old crew to stay loyal to the mer by guarding the Tools, but the Tribunal convinced him that Nerevar had betrayed him or some shit. There's so many conflicting stories of what happened after Red Mountain that it's really unclear.
>>
File: wip1.png (488KB, 8000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
wip1.png
488KB, 8000x8000px
tfw want to create a TES inspired fantasy world but everytime I try I feel like it will always be inferiorior to Nirn and drop it for weeks.

How do I capture the magic of Tamriel?
>>
>>54603849
Read a ton. Start with Crowley if you want that TES cosmology.
>>
>>54603849
Take influences from real life. A lot of the 36 lessons of Vivec are influenced by Hindu culture iirc
>>
>>54604753
>>54603888
I meant more geography-wise.
>>
File: now listen here you little shit.jpg (101KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
now listen here you little shit.jpg
101KB, 1000x800px
I haven't been to this thread in a few months because of work obligations, have I missed anything important? The last thing I remember was Vintage Potions.
>>
File: 1495926110352.png (442KB, 561x322px) Image search: [Google]
1495926110352.png
442KB, 561x322px
>>54605178
Welcome back.
>>
>>54605284
Thanks, have a guar.
>>
>>54604964
I just use old geological maps of the Earth from millions of years back when I need a fantasy world map.
>>
>>54605178
Trainwiz says he gets official lore handouts from bethesda now.
>>
>>54605825
I never could kill one of those buggers in Morrowind. Even when they attacked me, I just ran
>>
>>54603078
Dagoth Ur is in essentially cosmic divinity limbo. He technically is dead, but due to his connection to the Heart of Lorkahn he can never truly pass on. Furthermore, rather than seeing the Dreamsleeve as a whole and and achiving some of enlightenment like CHIM or losing his grasp of Ego and falling into Zero-Sum, he basically sees himself caught in the middle of the Dreamsleeve. Essentially, his goal appears to be to forcibly imprint himself onto Anu's (which he believes is his own) Dream.

The thing with Nerevar and the Tribunal and his weird perceptions on them all is a result of the Dragon Break at Red Mountain and Vivec trying to use CHIM to retcon his guilt away. Basically a bunch of timelines all got mashed together, including ones where Dagoth Ur was a traitor, ones where he tried to save Nerevar from the Tribunal, ones where the Tribunal were always gods and helped Nerevar, and ones where a hundred other things happen. His perception of which one takes precedent is what characterizes most of his views on other characters. His grasp on reality is basically decided only by what he feels like it should be, which in his mind is reconciled because he views himself as the Dreamer instead of Anu.

Someone correct me if I misspoke somewhere, I'm combining three or four different explanations I've heard over the years into one summarized accounting.

>>54607577
Same
>>
>>54607632
I've never heard the vivec retcon theory before, could you sauce it?
>>
>>54607802
It was something I got told here actually. Something about when he achieved CHIM while writing the 36 Sermons and him trying to make the reality where he was a heroic mentor to Nerevar the most prominent one. The guilt thing came from there being a secret message that says FOUL MURDER if you combine the first capital letter of every new line in one of the books.
>>
>>54607859
that's cool. I know vivec felt guilt, but I'd love to see the reasoning behind thinking he tried to retcon it.
>>
>>54605178
TES3MP
Canon cannons
>>
>>54608239
This truly. Tried it out today and it's damn impressive. TES3MP with Tamriel Rebuilt is the dream team of the future.
>>
>>54608225
If I'm remembering right, the 36 sermons were supposed to be his way of instructing the Nerevarine while at the same time building up a mythic history for himself based mostly on the timeline where he was always a benevolent god rather than the one where the ALMSIVI were traitors and eventually trying to force that version of reality to the forefront while pushing the others aside. Again that's going off stuff I've been told here or heard in fan theories, so take that with a heavy dose of salt. Fan theories based on lore and context clues are still just fan theories.
>>
File: 65648-2-1431055483.jpg (395KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
65648-2-1431055483.jpg
395KB, 1600x900px
>>54608620
I personally can't wait for script sync, so you can all go through SSE with me and die.

On a more relevant topic: Mehrunes Dagon as the industrial revolution guy?
>Revolution and change are his spheres
>associated with ecological disaster
>Already has a visibly large amount of industry and machinery going on in the deadlands
>>
>>54608965
I've always personally thought the sermons work better as a big smokescreen of murder-obfuscating bullshit than as a metaphorical or literal truth from an alternate timeline.
>>
>>54609135
Imperial steamboats and Transcontinental trains when
>>
>>54595040
>I thought the daedra could influence mundus more than aedra can, why didn't Meridia just drop an auroran on the necromancer in that one crypt? For that matter, what are the limits on what a daedra can and can't do (besides create new things)?

Meridia isn't a true Daedra and had participated in the creation of Nirn.
She was part of the Magna Ge before daddy Magnus got butmad at her for talking to other spirits.
>>
>>54603849
Needs more inner seas.

Use some Budhist or Taoist cosmology and mix it with Renaisance Christian cultures.
>>
File: tes lore.png (379KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
tes lore.png
379KB, 1078x729px
>>54609273
That already happened, thousands of years ago.
>>
>>54609135
>On a more relevant topic: Mehrunes Dagon as the industrial revolution guy?

Mehrunes Dagon bringing Communism to the masses?

Now i have my next villain plot planed out for the next game.
>>
File: toddhowardinskurm.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
toddhowardinskurm.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
>>54609408
You can't do that, I already had a mod about a villain trying to bring communism to the masses.
>>
>>54609250
That's what I always took them as. Makes the most sense for them to be that to me.
>>
>>54592789
>potion of Fortify Spear created
>>
So I had a thing I wanted to bring up here regarding something I had thought of. Probably already come up once or twice, but oh well.

Basically, I was wondering if there was any known connection between the Thu'um, tonal architecture, and sword-singing.

Essentially, the line of thought I'm working under follows the logic that all three of these forms of magic, which despite having characteristics of traditional magical arts, are accomplished without use of traditional magicka input.

In addition to this, both tonal architecture and Sword-Singing seem to rely on esoteric mathematics (see Lord Vivec's Sword-Meeting With Cyrus the Restless and discussions of cutting at precise angles and fields of degrees for examples of this in the Yokundan art).

In addition to this, tonal architecture and the thu'um both operate with the direct application of a sound with a precise focus behind it, a mathematical song used to produce a specific result in the case of architecture, the inherent conceptual meaning of a specific word in the case of the thu'um.

Then consider that all three forms of magic, which at least apparently have a connection to sound and hold some form of mythical status, are capable of somewhat similar feats, like the Thu'um being used to shout people apart or blasting down the walls of cites, tonal architecture creating energy and force through the use of sound, and the infamous Pankratosword destroying an entire continent including possibly Orichalc Tower.

In addition to this, in Skyrim, applying the thu'um, specifically the Unrelenting Force shout which generates kentic energy from seemingly nothing, not even the energies of Magnus and Aetherius, to the artificial sun of Blackreach, it creates a massive feedback wave, which to me at least, conjures images of trying to patch incompatible A/V equipment together.

1/2
>>
File: 9gag filename reeee.jpg (11KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
9gag filename reeee.jpg
11KB, 221x228px
>>54609907

Building off of this, it's interesting to note that Nirnroot, which according to the writings of the alchemist Sinderon, seems to florish only when exposed to high levels of magical radiation, such as when the ground was soaked in ash salts, during the Oblivion Crisis and Planemeld events, and after Dragons awakened and withers when magical radiation is low such as during the Sun's Death Event, emits a high pitched ringing noise.

Is it possible that sound itself is inherently magical? Is this connected to the concept of dreams being affected by unconscious sensory input, such as sounds, and the examples of this sort of craft we see in-universe are an example of such things being synthesized from within the Dream?

2/2
>>
>>54608965
>>54609250
Yeah, the retroactive chim things strikes me as really reaching for an out there kooky theory, at the expense of just finding the right one.
>>
Out of curiosity does anyone know how many aspects of Aka exist?

Off the top of my head:
Akatosh
Auri-el
Alduin
Alkosh
Tosh Raka
Peryite(debatable)
Ruptga
>>
KAGNERAC WAS RIGHT VIVEC DID NEREVAREVEN AND FAKED THE ASTEROID LANDING THE WORLD IS A LIE AND AYREEN IS ACTUALLY A ROBOT SENT BY LIZARDMEN FROM THE FUTURE
>>
>>54610375
>Peryite
Huh what? Can someone explain this to me? I thought Peryite was just making fun of Aka with his imperfect dragon form and not much else
>>
>>54610450
Basically similar Spheres of influence ie: Order, Passage of Time, etc
>>
>>54610517
Thartaag if you're gonna count Auri-El, even though it's another race specific variant.

As for the rest I always considered Tosh Raka to just have achieved CHIM rather than be an aspect of anything. And Peryite is a daedra so he can't possibly be an aspect seeing as he was around to see Akatosh pass to make Nirn exist, and in turn refuse to do the same.
>>
>>54610900
Would not Trinimac, and by extension Malacath and Boethia be an example of aedra becoming daedra?
>>
>>54610129
I do like the idea behind CHIM though, admittedly.
>>
>>54609907
>>54609925
Not to discourage you, but this is a fairly well accepted fact. Good work!
>>
>>54613810
Whoops. Oh well. At least I get to say I pieced together one of the wider scope lore bits on my own, even if I am a bit late to the party. Thanks for letting me know Anon.
>>
>>54613943
The rabbit hole does go deeper with some more concepts that I can't think of right now. Maybe someone can refresh my memory.
>>
>>54614051
From my understanding, the dream is akin to a song and things like the Thuum and Sword Singing are ways of manipulating the reality through editing the song
>>
>>54610129
For what it's worth, it's been reinforced in the The Trial at Hogithum Hall:
>I will leave it to others to find where I have written all this before. But when Vehk the mortal reached into the Heart, he ceased to be anything except for what he wished to be. The axis erupted. There was an exact cracking, an instant of pure Aurbis, his hands burnt black by that ever-nil of static change, and Vivec the god who had never been had always been. A whole universe swelled up to legitimize his throne... as the old universe, where Vehk the mortal still lapped up Godsblood, warped itself to accept its new equivalent. And like all things magical it simply could not happen, could not Be. Red Mountain was the intersection of the Is-Is Not as it was of old, its center point, and it did not hold. And so the Dragon, having broken, saw fit to heal, turning into the world you know. Except now Vivec the God was alive before his own birth, which had, in fact, really happened in the death of the last universe. Hard to grasp in three-dimensional thought? Why, of course it is. And so that is why some semblance of my anguished personal reconciliation found its way into my own scripture. Why did I leave the Nerevarine two accounts of his death, one that I could have easily erased from the minds of my own people? Because he is Hortator, GHARTOK PADHOME AE ALTADOON DUNMERI, my lord and king in this world and the last, and as Vehk and Vehk I murdered him, then raised him, then taught to him to know, and so would I have it when he came to me at last that he decide. I give you this as Vivec.
>>
>>54615138
Interesting. I both love and hate that trial.
>>
>>54614674
>tolkien cant even handle it right now
>>
>>54603594
>that would actually be nice after ESO
>>
>>54595126
>less of the word and more of the intent behind. dragons inherently knew what everything did, because their language, which they were born knowing, always did thing when they wanted it done.
>>
>>54603849
For every religion and philosophy, think of 2-3 different competing views within that philosophy. Just like real life!
>>
>>54595040
Sotha Sil cut some sort of deal with most of the princes where they agreed not to intervene too directly in Nirn, instead using mortal proxies. Presumably they still hold to this agreement even after Sotha Sil's death to keep conflict from escalating among each other
>>
>>54615138
Though that trial is pretty weird, and mainly just feels like MK fellating Vivec to me.
>>
>>54616871
I mean. It's sort of a given that MK is going to fellate either Vivec or Cyrus as the mood strikes him.
>>
>>54616917
Yeah, so it's a bit hard to consider that as canon when it's so biased.
>>
>>54616961
In a weird meta way it almost makes sense considering how much in-universe stuff is intentionally heavily biased based on who you're talking to.
>>
>>54615138
It's quite openly affirmed in Sermon 37
>The light bent, and somewhere a history was finally undone. Of it, Vivec remembered the laughing of the netchimen of his village when the hunts were good. He marched with his father in the ash, growing strong in the hooks and sail, able to run a junk through silt. At eleven, he sung to an ashkhan.
>>
ESO is good.
>>
>>54617904
y-you can't have those opinions you...you...you double fetcher
>>
File: fyr.jpg (81KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
fyr.jpg
81KB, 400x380px
>>54617630
>Sermon 37
>37
>>
>>54618413
It's actually not that bad, especially during the holiday events when there's a lot of people on and you end up with like, roving warbands of 20+ players scowering the map and leading a genocidal purge of which ever bosses have the best drop to respawn ratio.
>>
>>54618601
Has it not been written by Kirkbride himself? Why this one being in ESO makes it less valid than if he published it on his blog?
>>
File: baladas.png (337KB, 522x574px) Image search: [Google]
baladas.png
337KB, 522x574px
>>54618859
>Why this one being in ESO makes it less valid
You answered your own question.
MK went to utter shit quite a while ago and Many Headed Talos was one of the fist signs.
>>
>>54618875
MHT was an attempt to patch a glaring contenuality issue. Even if it wasn't perfect, it's an improvement over "lol romans",
>>
>>54618951
There wasn't any need to patch it in the fist place. Much better to just admit that Oblivion fucked up the province and move on.
>"lol romans"
What.
>>
>>54619066
"lol romans" being more expedient than saying "the execution of an unneeded retcon of Cyrodiil to a generic fantasy Europe setting to capitalize on a resurgence of interest in the works of Tolkine and placate Ken Rolston".
>>
People are not okay with Cyrodil being generic fantasy but they are okay with High Rock being generic fantasy.
>>
>>54620169
>High Rock
>generic
Retard.
>>
>>54620169
think of it this way: high rock was the original mostly-like-europe province, tamriel didn't really need a second one
>>
>>54620169
It's redundant. High Rock was already the traditional-ish fantasy setting with more werewolves and druids. There's no need for a watered down version of something we already have.
>>
Im glad they will be putting the next ES in Hammerfall. We get to touch more on the Dwemer and it sets up for one of the last Arkavir invasions in the next next game. Shame we dont get to see Vivec again.
>>
>>54618601
>>54618875
What exactly is your point?
Like it or not all Kirkbride has done with Sermon 37 is bring an absolute confirmation to an idea that had already been made in implicit in the original lessons.
>>
File: 1418064517641.jpg (371KB, 921x675px) Image search: [Google]
1418064517641.jpg
371KB, 921x675px
>>54621707
>absolute confirmation
Think again.
>>
File: 1463511970451.jpg (60KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1463511970451.jpg
60KB, 500x282px
>>54621740
Is it not direct confirmation? It certainly sounds that way to me.
>>
File: 1491228922917.gif (441KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491228922917.gif
441KB, 540x540px
What is the minimum wage in Tamriel? If you can "eat for a day with a single coin", what would people with no skills or education make? 5 septims?
>>
>>54623187
In Skyrim, a ship captain named Skjar tells you he will reward you with a years worth in pay if you complete his quest.
It's reward is level based though and deviates between 500-1500 septims. Nevertheless it would mean that sailors generally make anywhere between 2 to 6 septims a day, not counting weekends.
>>
>>54623187
That's the sort of thing that would vary by provence. The Empire is pretty decentralized, so it'd most likely be handled on a case by case basis.

In Markarth and Windhelm in Skyrim for example, we see miners and dock workers who are working for essentially next to nothing. Their life savings tend consist of roughly 11 drakes tops, and they're lodged in hotbunking worker's quarters. This is reinforced by Skjar who gives you "a year's pay", which comes out to somewhere around the ballpark of 1000 drakes. Even the porters in Vvardenfell seem to be doing better, at least by the items and appearances they have, implying either a higher base wage or a general greater standard of living.

Furthermore, we know little of the wage taxes in place, making it harder to determine the exact amount of money they'd be taking home. We know there's a 10% inheritance tax in Skyrim, and a tariff on EEC imported goods (which is weird because you'd think Titus I would have the foresight to make a free trade zone deal with, uh, his own country), but not much is known of the wage taxes in place.
>>
>>54623187
>What was Tamriel's tax policy?
>>
>>54620169
I'm not. High Rock is lame and so are bretons.
Fight me.
>>
File: White-Throated-Monitor-01.jpg (39KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
White-Throated-Monitor-01.jpg
39KB, 400x260px
argonia stronk.
remoob ashy banana
delet imperial
gib hist
>>
File: 1449252907230.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1449252907230.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
>>54627012
Reminder that Argonians are the worst race. The Dunmer will rise from the ashes like they always do to reclaim the spot for best race.
>>
>>54627073
>The Dunmer will rise from the ashes
More like...wallow in doo-doo!
>>
>>54626625
Pls no bully the manmer. For a failed science fair project they turned out pretty good.

>>54627073
Clearly it's Dunmer > Argonian > Redguard > Literally Anything Else >>>>>>> Altmer > Bosmer
>>
File: 1419176784202.gif (165KB, 189x453px) Image search: [Google]
1419176784202.gif
165KB, 189x453px
>not joining a witches coven and dancing naked in the woods while summoning daedra
It's like you don't even mage.
>>
>>54617904
>no sawblades in Skyrim
Why are nords so bad at making traps
>>
>>54627860
the lumber industry monopolized them all
>>
>>54627109
>Implying
Dunmer>Argonians>Orc>Bosmer>Literally everything>Altmer
>>
>>54628019
I just blame it on the general lack of creativity nords have. They need to look to the eyelids and their ruins for REAL traps. Like that giant cube that flies up to the ceiling? Classic.
>>
>>54628083
You mean the eyelids?
>>
>>54628172
I mean ayleid. God damnit trainwiz now you have me doing it.
>>
File: 1446225773858.png (3MB, 1112x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1446225773858.png
3MB, 1112x1620px
>>54628038
Dunmer > tricky magic n'wah > cosmopolitan n'wah > fluffy slave n'wah > sandy sword n'wah > snowy sword n'wah > smashy green n'wah > scaley slave n'wah > smelly tree n'wah = banana-face n'wah
>>
File: 1487179143437.gif (482KB, 387x368px) Image search: [Google]
1487179143437.gif
482KB, 387x368px
>>54628083
>cubes that smash you into the ceiling
>pressure plates that drop zombies on you
>magic stones that explode when you get too close
>pressure plates that open your closet full of skeletons
>giant flails
>pressure plates that open a door full of ghosts
What's with the Ayylmaos and keeping undead in their every side room?
>>
>>54628835
Don't forget the giant spiked cage on a track that sweeps along a track. That one is my favorite.
>>
>>54591588
Hey. Who wants to think of ideas for quests in High Rock?
>>
Why all the hate for Altmer?
>>
>>54629855
Jealousy.
>>
>>54629855
Theyre boring generic nazi elves. Dunmer, Bosmer and Orsimer are all inherently more interesting culturally
>>
>>54630346
>skybabby
>>>/vg/
>>
>>54630346
>Dunmer
They are interesting, I admit that.

>Bosmer
A bunch of tree-huggers who don't chop down wood and eat anything they kill.

>Orsimer
Typical noble savages who are good at smithing.

I get that Altmer are reminiscent of high elves in other settings, i.e. the high elves in Warhammer, but they retain a level of alieness like the Dunmer since we've never seen a game focusing on them and they have unique quirks that could be explored.
>>
>>54630699
The only really unique quirks I can honestly recall about the Altmer are the ones that were mentioned in the original Pocket Guide to the Empire. That is, the ones that *weren't actually true*.
>>
>>54630959
Being a cunt is a unique quirk.
>>
>>54633497
Of Mer in general, not so much individual Mer races.
>>
>>54633497
There are at least two other races who act like cunts. Dunmer and Nords.
>>
>>54634919
>Dunmer
>Cunts
lol
>>
>>54635115
>hi there!
>FUCK YOU OUTLANDER
>o-okay s-sorry I won't bother you
>>
I can't help but giggle at the books in-game by the Thalmor

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Thalmor_Handbill
>Loyal citizen of the Isles, heed the statement of the Thalmor. Bear witness to these words about our new allies, the Khajiit and the Wood Elves.
Integration with our new Wood Elf and Khajiiti allies continues apace. To promote Alliance harmony, loyal Thalmor agents have drawn together this short list of helpful notices. Follow this mandatory guidance with cheer, and our new allies will look on you with favor.

>— Do not refer to Khajiit as "cats," "kitties," "fuzzies," or any other derogatory feline-based term.

>— Do not touch a Khajiit's tail without permission.

>— Do not refer to Wood Elves as "shorties," "runties," or any other derogatory height-based terms.

>— Do not imply to Wood Elves that they are cannibals, or ask them about how they dispose of their dead.
>Eagles, Unite!

Shit sounds so absurd and obvious at the same time.
>>
>>54635391
Almost everything about the OG Thalmor is gold. A third of Response to Citizen Inquiries consists of Aicantar trying to explain to a khajiit civilian why a drug themed festival is not going to get unbanned.
>>
Does anyone have a high quality map of Elsweyr that depicts the names of deserts/forests etc in addiction to the cities?

Also any infographs or concept art about Khajiit would be nice.
>>
>>54635837
This is as close as I've got. I do have a few concept art and sketches saved if that would help
>>
>>54636011
and forget pic rip
>>
>>
Playable dreugh in Elder Kings when?
>>
>>54635391
>Shit sounds so absurd and obvious at the same time.
Yeah it's almost like it's a throwaway joke item, rather than something we're meant to infer things about Altmer culture from
>>
>>54629855
Because Altmer are similar to the most generic run of the mill elves, and that's boring. The most interesting thing about them is their architecture and we all know that's gonna be embellishment and retcon if we ever see it.
>>
>>54636011
Thank you. I've probably seen them before if they are regularly posted here, but if you don't mind?
>>
>>54640689
Sure. Already posted one of them to bump last night at >>54637718
>>
File: forms.jpg (3MB, 3894x2000px) Image search: [Google]
forms.jpg
3MB, 3894x2000px
>>54640754
>>
File: sench mount design.jpg (4MB, 4040x1322px) Image search: [Google]
sench mount design.jpg
4MB, 4040x1322px
>>54640764
>>
File: Aneq village concept.jpg (123KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
Aneq village concept.jpg
123KB, 1200x795px
>>54640797
Visual design for a rual settlement in Anequina
>>
File: eso profile.jpg (231KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
eso profile.jpg
231KB, 520x800px
>>54640812
>>
File: kahj male.jpg (68KB, 920x1189px) Image search: [Google]
kahj male.jpg
68KB, 920x1189px
>>54640828
>>
File: khaj f.jpg (65KB, 920x1180px) Image search: [Google]
khaj f.jpg
65KB, 920x1180px
>>54640838
>>
File: 1494280868016.png (479KB, 513x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494280868016.png
479KB, 513x450px
>>54627073
Dunmer are garbage dindus who can't do shit without some fake gods who stole power.
>>
File: khaj prof.jpg (327KB, 1800x1307px) Image search: [Google]
khaj prof.jpg
327KB, 1800x1307px
>>54640849
>>
File: reapers march.jpg (657KB, 2155x1000px) Image search: [Google]
reapers march.jpg
657KB, 2155x1000px
>>54640863
Art is of some of the jagged boarder areas of Reaper's March iirc
>>
File: EJGyyZ9.jpg (367KB, 3667x2268px) Image search: [Google]
EJGyyZ9.jpg
367KB, 3667x2268px
>>54640871
>>
File: unoffical.png (228KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
unoffical.png
228KB, 500x458px
>>54640879
And that's the extent of what I have that isn't posted here regularly. Hope it helps, sorry if it's not exactly what you were looking for.
>>
File: 1411129910779.png (231KB, 1626x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1411129910779.png
231KB, 1626x1630px
are we khajiit posting now?
>>
File: med armor concept.jpg (22KB, 262x511px) Image search: [Google]
med armor concept.jpg
22KB, 262x511px
>>54640902
This one is.
>>
File: 1465795941757.jpg (130KB, 960x864px) Image search: [Google]
1465795941757.jpg
130KB, 960x864px
>>
File: 1475419888742.jpg (94KB, 1300x650px) Image search: [Google]
1475419888742.jpg
94KB, 1300x650px
>>54640917
>>
>>54629176
Shut down a witch coven to prevent the spread of Daedric influence.
Settle petty squabbles between two noble houses before it escalates into a war.
Recover artifacts for a museum from deep within an ancient Elven crypt.
Protect a group of druids from the monsters lurking in the forests.
Help a master wizard collect Grand souls.
Join a naval vessel is hunting down pirates on the Illiac Bay.
Collect alchemical samples from a few legendary beasts for the royal apothecary.
Escort an Orcish merchant from the Wrothgar mountains to Wayrest
>>
>cast Bind Spear
>kill things with your summoned demon spear
>skill with spear relies on endurance
>Fortify Endurance potions found hidden next to beds
>basic Damage Endurance spell is called Emasculate
Literally summoning a spirit dick from hell to fuck enemies to death with, and it makes you better at sex.
>>
File: castles-n-crusades.jpg (369KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
castles-n-crusades.jpg
369KB, 880x660px
>>54629176
Find a hill. Declare yourself king.
>>
>>54640754
That crescent-head arrow seems like it would be very ineffective.
>>54641134
>expand muatra.jpg
>>
Do printing presses exist in Elder Scrolls? I'm kind of confused since there are so many books and posters/flyers are common but it doesn't look like Tamriel is that advanced.
>>
File: engineer-approves.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
engineer-approves.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
>>54628835
I've always been partial to the laser turrets.
>>
>>54641182
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Opusculus_Lamae_Bal_ta_Mezzamortie

>Translation by University of Gwylim Press; 3E 105
>>
>>54641182
The muckraking journalists in Tribunal had an actual press, I think?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (218KB, 881x753px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
218KB, 881x753px
>>54641228
Actually, no. The Common Tongue seems to be handwritten.
>>
>>54641182
Yes. Black Horse Courier, University of Gwylim Press, and the huge number of handbills and flyers alone prove that.
>>
>>54641182
>Don't be the last to read todaaaay's Black Horse Courier!
>>
>>54641290
>Topic Added: Do You Need Couriers?
>>
>>54641182
They're mentioned in tons of sources but never seen in game.
>>
>>54641550
Bet you can get paid to mod them in.
>>
>>54641604
I don't model, you know that. I could request a model, but i don't see any of my projects really needing one.
>>
>>54641631
>I don't model
Where do you get the trains from?
>>
>>54641685
I don't know. They just show up.
>>
>>54641719
I knew I wasn't the only one.
>>
>>54641768
You see him too?
>>
>>54641785
I used to, but I was forced to quit.
>>
>>54641833
I've heard others say the same
>>
>>54642850
Goodbye.
>>
>>54642933
What's going on with you?
>>
>>54640899
Thanks, I appreciate it!
>>
File: 1419542340904.jpg (141KB, 593x894px) Image search: [Google]
1419542340904.jpg
141KB, 593x894px
We catposting now?
Anything in particular people want? Not just pictures, I'd be glad to talk about catlore too.
>>
It is unknown whether the Dwemer worshipped any gods. However, it is known that they despised and scorned the Daedra, and mocked the "foolish" rituals of their followers, "prefer[ring] instead their gods of Reason and Logic"

*tips*
>>
>>54644365
Well I mean there's also Xrib.
>>
>>54644372
I thought Xrib was a Falmer god.
>>
>>54645399
He probably is. The name is too far divorced from dwemer linguistics. And there's some weird undocumented shit out there, like Borers From Within or the Hinged Ones.
>>
>>54640902
good post, but suthay-raht are only seen in morrowind. the khajiit in oblivion and skyrim are plantigrade because bethesda was too lazy to try to work out digitigrade leg motion.

er, I mean, the khajiit in oblivion and skyrim are cathay.
>>
>>54645411
Borers From Within were fought by Sotha Sil, they're probably giant evil worms.
>>
post lizards instead of cats
>>
What's the linguistic difference between Renrij and Renrijra?
>>
>>54649581
Most likely it's the genitive case.
>>
>>54619091
>unneeded

I heard it was done because the Xbox didn't have the power to process a jungle.
>>
>>54649745
So if I wanted to denote a Khajiit is scum, he'd be "Renrijra [Name]" and not "Renrij [Name]" right?
>>
>>54649798
No. You might not be very familiar with the genitive case if your first language is English. Think of it like the difference between "Mercenary" and "Mercenary's".
What I meant is that the -ra suffix of "Renrijra" probably denotes possession. Thus making "Renrijra Krin" into "Mercenary's Grin", while "Renrij Krin" would just mean "Mercenary Grin".

Calling someone "Renrijra Jobasha" wouldn't make a lot of sense, as it would suggest Mercenary possession of Jobasha. What you'd want to say is probably just "Renrij Jobasha".

Ta'agra is fun, shame Goodall never got to develop it more.
>>
>>54649978
Thank you very much. That helps me out a lot.
>>
>>54650008
You're welcome. What are you using this for?

Sailing-story guy?
>>
>>54650036
No, I just picked up ESO and I want to play a lore friendly name. I might not roleplay at all but I want an identity for my character.

My understanding of the setting is pretty shallow though so I'm trying to osmosis through the thread.
>>
>>54650061
I think there might still be a /tg/ guild up for ESO, idk
>>
What the fuck is magic technically? Dreams? Emotions? Reality? An extension of one's mind?
>>
>>54651275
Using the energy of Aetherius to convince reality to go along with what you say
>>
File: t3_4tf8lc.jpg (29KB, 538x244px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4tf8lc.jpg
29KB, 538x244px
Do any of you read fanfiction? Would it be annoying if I plugged my fanfiction?
>>
>>54651613
Depends on what you mean by fanfiction, Chronoc0da was basically fanfiction, but I loved the hell out of that. As long as it isn't lore raping and there's no half angle half demon katana wielding herm psychic foxtaurs from Venus I'd at least glance at it
>>
>>54651681
I don't write "deep lore" sort of stories, just tales of ordinary-ish people in Tamriel.

http://archiveofourown.org/users/ManiacsofTamriel/series
>>
>>54651681
At least wielding a katana in Tamriel is mostly nothing special, depending on era.
>>
File: argonian blessing.jpg (1MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
argonian blessing.jpg
1MB, 4000x4000px
>>54646387
Kay.
>>
>>54651275
The energy of being
>>
File: skbks_shalidor03.png (529KB, 412x628px) Image search: [Google]
skbks_shalidor03.png
529KB, 412x628px
>>
File: skbks_shalidor02.png (567KB, 455x562px) Image search: [Google]
skbks_shalidor02.png
567KB, 455x562px
>>
File: skbks_shalidor01.png (608KB, 446x571px) Image search: [Google]
skbks_shalidor01.png
608KB, 446x571px
>>
File: skbks_shalidor04.png (663KB, 412x628px) Image search: [Google]
skbks_shalidor04.png
663KB, 412x628px
>>
File: skbks_shalidor05.png (598KB, 412x628px) Image search: [Google]
skbks_shalidor05.png
598KB, 412x628px
>>
ded thred
>>
File: heav helm rep.jpg (15KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
heav helm rep.jpg
15KB, 236x353px
>>
Could someone post that image explaining to me why Ulfric is bad and wrong?
>>
File: e26[1].jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
e26[1].jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>54662239
>>
File: IMG_2614.png (395KB, 1350x2128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2614.png
395KB, 1350x2128px
>>54662239
This?
>>
>>54663369
I will never not be triggered whenever I read this dumbass calling the voice as a weapon "sacrilege".
>>
>>54663473
Isn't it though? Kyne bestowed it upon them to save them from the dragons and revoked it when they used it to cut a bloody path through Tamriel. Then Jurgen Windcaller eventually told all the other Nords that it should be used to honor the gods and not for killing, which they apperantly agreed upon.
>>
>>54663369
Honestly, it doesn't matter which side you support in the war. The thing that benefits the Thalmor most isn't a victory by either side; it's the war dragging out as long as possible. Ending the war swiftly, whomever you side with, throws a wrench into their plans.
>>
>>54663593
Pretty much. Both sides fucking hate the elves, and push comes to shove it would be a lot easier for them to cooperate when the Thalmor and Empire inevitably go back to war and the Empire no longer gives a shit about who worships Talos.
>>
File: Dunmer Feels.jpg (134KB, 854x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Dunmer Feels.jpg
134KB, 854x1023px
>>54591999
>stone ziggurats
I really hope The Elder Scrolls: Black Marsh doesn't portray Argonians as Warhammer Lizardmen.
Christ there's so much opportunity to do something original, I hope they don't squander it.
Plz hire Kirkbride again, Bethesda.
>>
File: IMG_2613.png (293KB, 912x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2613.png
293KB, 912x613px
>>54663593
Personally I support the Empire just because I find the Imperials a tad more sympathetic
>>
>>54640764
thank god someone drew this.
I literally can never remember which ones are which
>>
>>54663543
I don't see anything on the uesp pages about anyone taking it away, the reason it gives for the change in philosophy for use of the voice is when they were unstoppable but got btfo at Red Mountain.
He meditated and stuff, and it turned out his more peaceful way was a lot stronger than their tough ways.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Way_of_the_Voice
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:High_Hrothgar#Etched_Tablets
Also while I don't have an immediate source, Tiber Septim wasn't exactly peaceful in his conquest, and that probably involved the voice.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil
>General Talos had studied in Skyrim, and used the thu'um. He could rout armies with his battle-cry and shout lesser men off their feet.
>>
>>54663369
>1/4 of your city is no-nonsense elves which hate Thalmor and the Empire, good reason to be thankful to Skyrim, and have great mages, warriors and spies
>let's bully
>>
>>54663967
By "immediate" I meant "in-game", since books and games can differ at times.
>>
>>54663369
Talos himself tells the Nerevarine it's time for the Empire to die and for something new to take over.

The Empire is a weak and empty shell after the Oblivion crisis and held together only by the momentum of history. This is why it loses to the Dominion. It is weaker than the sum of its parts, and the provinces would be stronger independent. This is why Hammerfell succeeds alone against the Dominion where the corrupt and dying Empire failed. Skyrim likewise would be stronger alone than it would be as just another province in the Empire.
>>
>>54663970
they're dark elves anon. the local equivalent of drow. they're not as cartoonishly evil but they still worship the goddess of murder and you don't want them in your neighbourhood.
>>
>>54664169
>Skyrim likewise would be stronger alone than it would be as just another province in the Empire.

Weirdly, this is both true and not. If the Empire is strong enough to end the war quickly, then it has a real chance of recovering from its spiral and turning on the Dominion. If the war drags, or the Empire is thrown out of Skyrim, then Skyrim really is better off without the Empire.
>>
>>54663967
Ironic isn't it, the only reason the Way of the Voice was ever accepted is because Windcaller was able to force all the other Tongues into submission. likewise how this peaceful Way of the Voice conveniently accepts the fact that every millenia or so a great warrior happens to be blessed with the power and given free reign to fuck shit up.

The Thu'um is and will always be about who has the biggest dick.
>>
>>54627109
>>54627012
>>54628038
Guys guys guys...it's easy...

Mer>Men>Filthy beast races
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.