[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that one setting you love that's never going to be properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 13

>that one setting you love that's never going to be properly supported or revisited again
What's her name /tg/?

Kamigawa and Council of Wryms reporting in over here.
>>
>>54586957

Planescape.

Sure, the planes themselves will be used and re-used again and again. But they are never going to delve back into the philosophical weirdness that made Planescape special.
>>
The World of Greyhawk
>inb4 grognard, 3e etc etc
What they did to greyhawk after they forced Gary out is a fucking travesty. It was one of the original game worlds, and under Gary it was amazing
>>
>>54586957
All three mentioned here already, and Ravenloft getting the treatment it deserves instead of being butchered and brutalized. More than that, it's sub-setting Masque of the Red Death will never again see the light of day.
>>
>>54586957
You've played Council?
>>
>>54587207
RIP in peace Masque, I'll miss being the most fabulous Gothic Horror detective.

>>54587278
A long time ago. Our group somehow ended up accidentally warping the game into Realpolitick: The Game but with more dragons.
>>
Krynn
>>
File: Dark_sun.png (188KB, 600x239px)
Dark_sun.png
188KB, 600x239px
>>54586957
>>
Ghostwalk. It was one of the most novel and imaginative things to come out of 3e, and it was a complete flop.

I should convert it to Savage Worlds.
>>
>>54586957
Warhammer Fantasy
>>
File: War wind.jpg (13KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
War wind.jpg
13KB, 204x204px
>>54586957
Yavaun.
>>
>>54589093

Hadn't heard of this one. Share a tl;dr?
>>
>>54590919

People discover that the afterlife has a specific gate through which all souls pass, and that gate is in a dwarf hold. A town forms above the gate as people bring their dead to ease them into the afterlife, and discover that near this gate, the ghosts of the dead can manifest so strongly that they gain a sort of physical presence. Thus, the city of Manifest (as it is now called) becomes a major destination, as people go to visit their love ones and some of the dead decide to stick around rather than pass on. Meanwhile, yuan-ti, demon cultists and necromancers want to mess with the gate for their own purposes.
>>
>>54588919
this also the scarred lands.
>>
>>54589093
>>54591095
Man, I thought no one else had that book besides me! Ghostwalk was great, and I still raid its pages for cool stuff in my own campaigns. I adored their section on wondrous items.
>>
>>54587142
Where can I go to find info on Greyhawk? What's the best source book for the lore?
>>
File: Ghostwalk.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostwalk.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>54591095
Also there's things to do beyond the gate, IIRC?
been ages since i've read it
>>
>>54597665
/osrg/
>>
File: Overworld_-_Basel.jpg (135KB, 1295x594px) Image search: [Google]
Overworld_-_Basel.jpg
135KB, 1295x594px
It might not be a /tg/ setting, but I loved Basel
>>
>>54587142
Man, I remember back in the day when I had that big Greyhawk map on my wall. I was always fascinated by the deep blue of the Nyr Dyv
>>
>>54586957
Ravnica.
>>
>>54598849
Not this anon, but Selesnya specifically. Also Golgari.
>>
File: NentirVale.jpg (736KB, 1600x1263px) Image search: [Google]
NentirVale.jpg
736KB, 1600x1263px
She'll live on in my homebrews at least
>>
>>54589118
gotta be revisited by cubicle 7
>>
>>54603911
... *gonna
>>
>>54586957
Grimdark 40k
>>
The Whispering Vault, Tribe 8, Mechanical Dream, SLA Industries, Artesia, a|state, Fates Worse Than Death, In Dark Alleys, Lesser Shades of Evil, Godsfall, Nephilim, Fading Suns, Blue Planet, Black Crusade, Broken Rooms, Cadwallon,
>>
File: Star_Trek_-_New_Worlds_Coverart.png (145KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_-_New_Worlds_Coverart.png
145KB, 250x248px
Might not exactly be /tg/ but the Tabula Rasa Sector as a setting didn't get enough love. I want my giant triangle skeleton birds and ancient space castle dwelling gatekeepers back.
>>
>>54586957

As much as I love Kamigawa, I absolutely do not want the current creative team anywhere near it. They would not do it justice.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.