[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Terminator Armor was originally just an armored space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: DOT_Termi.jpg (202KB, 576x660px)
DOT_Termi.jpg
202KB, 576x660px
I know Terminator Armor was originally just an armored space suit designed to protect civilians from hazardous environments and Land Raiders were just armored tractors, but what do you guys think the land-based military equipment of the Dark Age of Technology look like?
>>
>>54578837
>I know Terminator Armor was originally just an armored space suit designed to protect civilians from hazardous environments and Leman Russes were just armored tractors, but what do you guys think the land-based military equipment of the Dark Age of Technology look like?
FTFY

Also Cataphractii Armour is designed for combat.
>>
>>54578837
>I know Terminator Armor was originally just an armored space suit designed to protect civilians from hazardous environments and Land Raiders were just armored tractors

You're partially correct - they are not re-purposed civilian equipment, but rather a very heavily modified design based on pre-existing technology. They took designs and concepts from existing tech, and then re-worked them to maximize military

Calling Tactical Dreadnought armor a re-purposed civilian suit would be like calling a Challenger II a re-purposed tractor.

>land-based military equipment of the Dark Age of Technology

It'd look like Men of Iron.
>>
Rhinos are allegedly Mars Rover sorta all purpose utility vehicles. Makes sense since a metal box is kinda useful in general.
>>
So during the Dark Age of technology terminator armor was basically like a hazmat suit and Leman Russes were tractors. What were spaceships and titans like during the DOaT?
>>
>>54578926
>Leman Russes were just armored tractors
Pls stop propagating this untruth
>>
>>54579197
>spaceships and titans like during the DOaT?
Probably like Starfleet vessels in Star Trek in terms of tech, A.I., automation, comfort and weaponry.
>>
>>54578837
>>
>>54579197
One of the Ark Mechanicus(I believe this was its name) moved an enemy ship backwards in time so it didnt miss.
>>
File: TDA.png (389KB, 395x545px) Image search: [Google]
TDA.png
389KB, 395x545px
>>54578837
>I know Terminator Armor was originally just an armored space suit designed to protect civilians from hazardous environments
No it's not
>>
File: 1478297199183.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1478297199183.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>54579625
>>
>>54578837
I hate to quote this as fact when I couldn't find the source, but 1d4chan notes that in the original Epic background, the Baneblade was considered a medium sized tank
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 443x332px
>>54578837
Yeah but only in the sense a car originally was a carriage or dreadnoughts (the ship) were originally sailboats.

It was allways built with war in mind.

>>54579546
>what were the spaceships and titans like during the DOaT?
>Probably like Starfleet vessels in Star Trek in terms of tech, A.I., automation, comfort and weaponry.

Yeah from what we've heard. However it probably was just as "heavy metal" in design and look. Probably more Noble Bright then grim dark actually.

It's reasonable to think the Dark Of Technology was basically the Federation in Star Trek, and the Imperium only slid into it's Mediaeval Space Gothic Chic over the time after things went to shit.

But from their brief descriptions we have of the era apparently things were still as over the top despite being way more technologically advanced. People were already going into battle with swords and armour. It was just more likely to be power armour and power swords.

The 1930s film serial "Ray Gun Gothic" look is my personal head cannon.
>>
>>54578837
>Land Raiders were just armored tractors

The predator was a main battle tank during the DAoT.
>>
This actually brings up one thing I thought. The HH-era was supposed to be a sort of brave golden age. Different from the degenerate religious wreck that is 40k.

Yet everything looks so fucking grimdark and has slightly different churches. IT should have been a different style, like Art Deco warships that got encrusted with towers and stuff over the centuries. The Dark Age of Technology should look like the Culture, before it went to hell.
>>
>>54580716
>The HH-era was supposed to be a sort of brave golden age. Different from the degenerate religious wreck that is 40k.
>Yet everything looks so fucking grimdark and has slightly different churches.

Yeah that would explain a lot, but it's not really supported by the cannon.

Apparently things have always been more or less the same as there ever were. like how in the Star Wars prequels Obi-Wan Kenobi still went around cutting off people arms in bars in even in a "more civilised age".

The Imperium was always a xenophobic feudalistic society run by a totallantrain quasi-religious government, it didn't used to be *as bad* and had shinier toys apparently.
>>
>>54578837
This is very old rogue trader era fluff that went out with 3e, anon.
>>
File: 1499795587899.jpg (8KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1499795587899.jpg
8KB, 265x265px
>>54578837
>I know that <Unrelated shitty controversial claim that's going to stir shit> but what about <Trivial thing>

Wow haha good bread upvote :^)
>>
>>54580491
Yup! I remember reading this when I first played Epic. The Baneblade was 'just' an MBT, as opposed to how the Leman Russ has been upgraded to that role now.

My favourite lost-tech was from one of the Grey Knights novel where they find a Castigator-class Titan, the primogenitor of modern titans and godlike in comparison to even the Imperator-class. The Castigator was meant to brawl with starships in orbit, and win. Fuck your orbital superiority.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.