[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 31

File: 1441858844707.jpg (440KB, 1172x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1441858844707.jpg
440KB, 1172x1600px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kurwa Edition
What's the largest number of foes you've ever faced on the field in a single fight? How did that go down, anyway?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54570190
>>
At level 10, assuming the GM is okay with it, is it acceptable to dump everything an Invoker has into mastering the Weather sphere? They'll have 15 magical talents, and there's IIRC 11 basic and 1 advanced talent in Weather; I plan to take Weather Specialization to get the sphere, but I'm not sure what to use my other two points on. The stormsoul sorcerer bloodline is thematic, as would be a combination of weather and possibly one more cleric domain, but i'm looking for advice what to do with this.
>>
File: magus_comm_2_by_yamaorce-d9ttd0j.jpg (500KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
magus_comm_2_by_yamaorce-d9ttd0j.jpg
500KB, 800x1131px
I'm making a Kensai magus and cannot be dissuaded regardless of how awful it and my life are. I am irretrievably stupid and will never be saved.

What are some good build and strategy decisions I can make to play this character as successfully as I can?
>>
>>54578146
Get your GM to let you use pre-errata Arcane Deed.
>>
>>54578096
>largest number
Man, I don't know, I don't keep track. I remember once we fought 12 ghosts and some other monsters all at once, so probably that.

>How did it go
Terribly, just because the DM is the DM doesn't mean they can manage lots and lots of characters at once, especially when they aren't all of the same kind. Things get bad when there are too many enemies in a fight. It must be even worse in an online game like Roll20.

>>54578146
Awful? Bro, what problem do you have with the Kensai Magus, it's pretty sweet. Sure, diminished spell casting sucks, especially at early levels, but the Kensai gets a lot of good stuff to make up for it. There's not a lot of advice that applies specifically to Kensais instead of Magi as a whole, but I suggest getting Arcane Strike and Riving Strike especially if you have caster buddies in the party. Your INT is extra important as a Kensai because you get more stuff keyed to it, so you'll want to be a bit more focused on it than most Magi. Ironically, this means you'll probably be a better spellcaster than other Magi despite playing the "extra martialness" archetype.
>>
>>54578146

black blade too?
>>
>>54578096
About 25000, but that was in a siege so I'm not sure if it counts.
We recognized that there was no way the city would hold and smuggled ourselves out while the city was distracted by a bombardment
>>
>>54578096
Colossal-sized army. I kind of sequence broke by being able to fly straight in and kill the enemy commander, so the GM decided to just let me spend the rest of the session cutting my way back to our city while the rest of the party fought assassins inside it.
>>
Am I allowed to make an Avowed for GODSLAYERS?
>>
File: Squid-boys.jpg (81KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
Squid-boys.jpg
81KB, 500x418px
I recently found some stats for Mind Flayers that somebody ported to PF, and I'd like to use them in my campaign. However, I've already established the Phrenic Hegemony form DSP as being a thing, and I don't want there to be too much thematic overlap there. What are some ways I can make them more distinct or integrate them in better? So far I've got:

>Illithids wake up from stasis after backstory cataclysm
>have vague memories of ruling a mighty empire at some point
>cities and strongholds wrecked, no clue where they are or what exactly happened
>wait what happened to the elder brains
>oh shit oh fuck where the fuck did the elder brains go they can barely even move
>start to rebuild, slow going at first but thralls make it easier
>suddenly come into contact with the Phrenics
>tensions are high, neither party has any fucking clue what the other one is or can do
>uneasy alliance if formed for mutual gain: Illithids get resources and knowledge to rebuild lost civilization and Phrenics get more agents and learn weird lore

Any suggestions? Is this too stupid? Not stupid enough?
>>
>>54578448
>The Elder Brains are Disguised
>>
>>54578707
Man, that's some OLD /tg/. Good times, good times.
>>
File: duroidu.jpg (31KB, 389x355px) Image search: [Google]
duroidu.jpg
31KB, 389x355px
Have you ever run an Android before? What's some fun stuff you can do with them?
>>
>>54578448
I don't know much about the Phrenic Hegemony, so please tell me more about them and maybe I can help.
>>
>>54578434
>EhnJolly and Forrest stuff allowed in case by case basis

Go ask the DM, not us. Apparently it's SSDK on Discord, so if you don't want to wait for them to see your question on Roll20 you could message them there instead.
>>
>>54579026
Taking Ironspy can make you kind of like Snake
>>
If I made a normal human and called him Gary, made him an absolute hippy, then made him a Wild Caller Summoner (nature's ally instead of monster, plant-based eidolon) whose stash sometimes grew arms and legs to help him out, and played it as if he believes whenever he uses a spell or ability it's just the world helping him along because, "I think I'm a pretty okay guy, and, like, it's just karma man," would such a character be welcome at your table?
>>
>>54579261
That ain't so bad. I could work with that, so long as he shows some initiative.
>>
>>54579261
No, it's a one note gimmick joke character. Maybe acceptable in a one shot but that shit would get old quick.
>>
>>54579168
SSD is intrigue, not godslayer
dumbass anon
>>
File: Not a Mind Flayer.jpg (42KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
Not a Mind Flayer.jpg
42KB, 288x432px
>>54579137
The Phrenic Hegemony are aberrations that go from world to world and generally fuck everything up, using humanoids as either hosts for their larva or fleshwarping subjects. They started out as DSP's answer to Mind Flayers, but sort of developed into their own thing. The most common type of Phrenic is the Scourge, which looks like an Illithid in a robe but is actually just a mass of tentacles vaguely shaped like a humanoid. There's a bunch of different types that look almost nothing like each other, like giant crab-men and doppelgangers with leech tongues.

They tend to show up in other races' and monster's backstories as the total assholes that ruined everything for everyone. Two of the Bloodforge races came about because the fleshwarping division got bored and decided to fuck around. I'm serious, the backstory of the dwarf-roper things is that a group of their fleshwarpers got bored and did terrible things to some dwarves.
>>
File: 1360630346035.jpg (150KB, 1600x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1360630346035.jpg
150KB, 1600x1034px
Godslayer is presenting an interesting situation for me as far as coming up with a background for a character goes. The PCs for the game will all obviously be tremendously powerful, much moreso than PCs typically are at the start of a game. One thing people often like about games that start above first level is that you've got room in your character's background for them to have some accomplishments already under their belt- indeed, it would be strange for a 3rd or 5th level character to have no struggles or trials in their backstory. But there's a limit there too, because there's only so much a 3rd or 5th level character COULD have done. You don't see backstories about them single-handedly fighting off a Mythic necromancer's undead army or completing the Test of the Starstone, or crazy stuff like that. But for Godslayer apps, that upper limit isn't there. Unless you're playing an angle that your character was just born incredibly great, any character app for Godslayer is going to need to have some very impressive accomplishments in their background... BUT, at the same time, it's normally boring as fuck to read several paragraphs detailing the nation-saving exploits of some Elminster knock-off. Simply summarizing or briefly overview such incredible accomplishments and training as eligible PCs would have feels (to me, at least) almost as bad.

So how do you approach character design in this kind of context? How do you explain the incredible power your app must have without just wanking about the epic tale of your snowflake? Or do you need to embrace the cringe and do exactly that?

And as a second point, would you say it's necessary for a character to be a snowflake when they're that powerful? Or rather, is a character as powerful as the Godslayer PCs necessarily going to be a snowflake, since they don't have a whole history of a campaign behind them giving them development and showing them earning their power?
>>
>>54579345
Is that fucking Dagoth Gares or some shit?
>>
>>54579202
>recommending bad 3rd party shit no one should ever touch
>>
>>54579345
I'd say make the Phrenic Hegemony proto-Mind Flayers, as in the creatures that will eventually evolve to become Mind Flayers. Then you can either A) say the Phrenic Hegemony members the PCs encounter have time traveled from the past, B) say the Mind Flayers have time traveled from the future, or C) say the Mind Flayers already evolved off of the Hegemony but the Hegemony is still around ("If humans evolved ... then why are there still monkeys!?", etc). I think C is the best, because you could give them a different relationship depending on what you want for your campaign. Mind Flayers are the hidden leaders of the Hegemony? Yeah, it works. The Hegemony and the Mind Flayers are at war with each other because the Mind Flayers think they're the superior breed and should rule the rest? Yeah, that works. The Hegemony is dabbling in self-experimentation and accidentally or intentionally creates the first Mind Flayers? Yeah, that works.
>>
>>54579398
I think the fucking android is bad 1st party shit nobody should touch
>>
>>54579355
I'm not sure the pitch kind of implies to me that you were literally born with that power.
>>
>>54579355
I've got an idea for mine, but I'll keep it quiet for now.
>>
>>54579479
I think the campaign's fluff implies it's open-ended. Want to be born into power? Be a Heir to the Family. But you could be a Heir to the Throne instead, meaning a family could have picked you use from anywhere and at any age. The DM mentioned a few threads back that there will also be an "Outsider" trait, for characters that became powerful enough on their own to challenge this rite of passage, without any connection to the noble families.

Honestly, deciding on whether to have my character be born with power or not is something I'm still flipping back and forth on. But I am definitely interested in playing an outsider or at least an Heir to the Throne instead of an Heir to the Family.

>>54579540
Meanie! That's okay though, I can't really blame you for that.
>>
>>54579355
I'm just gonna do Karna, but he finally gets discontented with being the cosmic beatstick
>>
>>54579595
I'm going to wait for her to finish the info before I do anything desu

>>54579600
>I'm going to break Karna's character in half
Karna never actually wanted to fail, you can play him straight you know.
>>
>>54579026
It sucks. Like all the negative of being a construct without being counted as one for some dumb reason
>>
>>54579639
People thinking that being the butt of most divine jokes was Karna's entire character makes me sad.
He was still very much human, and even with his preternatural composure, he still must have built up some manner of resentment for his place in the world.
>>
File: Technomancy.jpg (144KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Technomancy.jpg
144KB, 733x1000px
in case it was missed, we've got a new Starfinder class preview. Looks like it'll be a reasonably fluid caster that can expend spells to get high level effects.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljzz?Class-Preview-The-Technomancer

Who wants to hack reality with me?
>>
>>54579639
Yeah, I wasn't going to touch my character's backstory until I know more of the setting lore the DM promised is coming down the pipe, and settled on working on the build instead. But I've got that mostly worked out now so I've not got much else to think about except my character's fluff now.
>>
>>54579682
That isn't his character. Karna, first of all, was not in fact human, he was the Son of the Sun God. Secondly, his character isn't being the butt of divine jokes, he's in fact a mockery of divine jokes. Here is someone fated to fail that the universe itself wants to fuck over in favor of Arjuna, yet he's so heroic, such a great person, so powerful - that he doesn't rebel against the divine jokes is what makes those jokes fall flat. How pathetic that Indra had to trick Karna. How sad that Arjuna, born with everything and favored by the gods, had to go for the low blow against Karna, born with nothing and despised by them. How revealing, that Karna had to be brought low through assorted malice instead of face-to-face, and how impressive it is that Karna faced through with it even knowing he was being tricked.
>>
3 hours until Essentia DM went off the grid and the campaign declared a bamboozle.
>>
>>54578096
>Largest number
20 hobgobbos

>how did that go down
I died after I ran out of bombs
>>
>>54579686

Neat.
>>
>>54579686
So how did the supreme might of the Wizard and Arcanist get lost, lore-wise?
>>
>>54579686
Been waiting for this.
>>
>>54579777
They didn't; the Starfinder crew has specifically stated that the Pathfinder classes are still around, they're just much less common, and the core classes are the ones that are most common nowadays.
>>
>>54579686
>
As a full action, you can expend an unused spell slot to temporarily construct a technological weapon or suit of armor out of raw magic. You can create one suit of armor or weapon with a level equal to or less than the level of the expended spell slot × 3, to a maximum of your caster level. The item appears in your hands, on your person, or in an adjacent square. You can use fuse spells with this magic hack. A weapon can't be larger than two-handed, and the size of the item can't exceed 10 bulk. The quality of the item is average for its type. Treat this as a spell of the same level as the expended spell slot. For example, at 10th level, you could expend a 3rd-level spell slot to fabricate a weapon of 9th level or lower, or expend a 4th- level spell slot to fabricate a suit of armor of 10th level or lower. The armor or weapon persists for a number of rounds equal to your technomancer level. At the end of this duration, the item disappears. You are proficient with (but not specialized in) any weapons you create with this ability. You can't create magic items, weapons made from a special material, or weapons that are expended with use (such as arrows, grenades, or missiles) with this magic hack.

Not bad
>>
>>54579801
In other words, the Arcanist once against invalidates the Technomancer, who decided to study "employable" subjects like CS instead of magic circles?
>>
Playing a druid with an animal companion with greater than three int.

We're level three, I took light armor proficiency, but I'm not sure what my second feat should be. Any suggestions?
>>
>>54579840
The PF conversion rules are optional.
Trying to play a Wizard in SF is like trying to play an Android in PF; outside of certain edge cases, you'll get slapped for even suggesting it.
>>
File: fXIn5.jpg (140KB, 1157x557px) Image search: [Google]
fXIn5.jpg
140KB, 1157x557px
Season 2 has officially begun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMwttmXKFw
>>
>>54578275
Kensai is a brand of bad because of the fact that, until 11+, what you're getting is worse than what you're trading. VERY much worse than what you're getting. Canny Defense does not make up for it.
>>
File: -0395594212.jpg (46KB, 587x475px) Image search: [Google]
-0395594212.jpg
46KB, 587x475px
So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>54579889

Season 2 of what?
>>
>>54579902
I've got family visiting, and a session on Sunday that should be pretty fun.
What about you, Fennec-san?
>>
>>54579880
Androids exist in PF; they're also rubbish.
>>
>>54579911
Return of the Jedi: Remastered
or if you'd prefer
Rising of the Jade: Revengeance
>>
>>54579861
what kind of animal is it? What do you want it to do?
>>
>>54579918
>1/day ability to guarantee success on beating spell resist
>rubbish

Okay, anon.
>>
>>54579861

The DM homebrewed some stuff, it's basically a monitor lizard reskinned and homebrewed a bit as a dragon. It's kind of combat focused (which I know probably isn't optimal).
>>
I have fey foundling and 5th level pal, statistically speaking what's best? greater mercy or extra lay on hands?
>>
>>54579822
The wish thing, and the 24 hour buff, both looked pretty appealing to me.

Seems like they've gone out of their way to make Technomancer the team's utility rather than being super combat capable.
>>
>>54579975
>not a fucking construct despite being an ANDROID
It's rubbish.
>>
>>54579980

Meant for >>54579952
>>
>>54579980
>>54579999
>>54579952

Also clarification, combat focused but more for defense rather than offense.
>>
>>54579997
>Constructed: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger’s favored enemy and bane weapons), androids count as both humanoids and constructs.
Yeah they are, anon. You just can't be the muchkin who spends a bit of gold on gaining 500 str with the construct building rules.
>>
>>54580030
>a GM allowing a player to give 500 str to a construct with the shitty construct modification rules

wooooow
>>
>>54579980
>>54580018
Take a look at the bodyguard feats, then. They may come in handy.
>>
>>54580030
We'll wait for actual golem modification rules; should get them in a few weeks with one of the new handbooks.
>>
>>54579861

Druids already have armor proficiency... unless you mean for your Animal Companion, in which case Improved Natural Attack or Weapon Focus in their Natural Attack is always a good option.
>>
>>54580030
>yeah they are anon
>munchkin
You're the one who starts bringing up their abilities to "make saves" as an argument, I'm talking their fluff is fucking rubbish, they're not fucking androids they're people with nanobots.
>>
Wizards get depowered in exchange of being able to wear some armour with the appropriated feats? Y/N
>>
>>54580085
No, that's just a worse Magus. A Wizard isn't a Battlemage.
>>
>>54580085
they can already wear armor with the appropriate feats, also mage armor
>>
>>54580085
>to wear some armour by sinking feats
Or hear me out, he could blow a Scroll of Mage Armor for the entire 10-hour dungeon delve and be wearing Medium Armor.
>>
>>54579902

Stjarnagardr GM, here!

We're gonna make up for last weekend's session being a bust. The group all seems to be ready to go, and I've got everything ready for them to enjoy.

As well as a backups in case they choose to do something unexpected.

Something like going back to fight the Dragon again the very next day after having their asses handed to them. Like they did in their first dungeon.
>>
>>54580081
Clearly you've never actually read the fluff and just skimmed through the stat boxes.
>>
>>54579914

Looking forward to the session, where we'll probably be running damage control post-boss fight. I'll also be attending a group outing with a friend of mine and her fiancé-apparently she's keen to introduce me to a coworker.
>>
>>54580123
>you've never actually read the fluff
It's a body with nanobots that "reboots" and grabs a soul from who the fuck knows where, that's not an android that's a person with nanobots.
>>
>>54580123
no, seriously, not that Anon, but they're not robots. They're bioroids.
>>
Psssst, hey /pfg/, quick question: Is there a way to get a +10 *enhancement* bonus to Strength?
>>
>>54580158
Custom Magic Item rules, a +10 bonus on one stat costs 200 000, go beg your DM for it or something
>>
File: 24335005347c44484a97.jpg (61KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
24335005347c44484a97.jpg
61KB, 500x265px
>>54580120

Is defeating the dragon currently within their capabilities? Have they surprised you before?
>>
>>54579897
What? At level 11, you get Superior Reflexes, and THAT'S the tipping point in your mind where the archetype starts to become worth it? Not the INT-to-AC you get at level 1, not the free weapon proficiency feat and Weapon Focus feat at level 1, not the INT-to-init and ability to take AoOs while flatfoot, but Superior Reflexes?

I can respect your opinion, but I do not understand it. I could understand saying the archetype doesn't really come into itself 7th level, but why 11th level?

By the way, if you're still looking for build suggestions I recommend Sandals of Quick Reaction and Bracers of Armor for a Kensai. If you're in a campaign where you have downtime to take advantage of, Craft Wondrous Items is great- but that's pretty obvious. If there's no downtime, see if your DM thinks you should be able to work on crafting while using the Keep Watch spell, or whether it counts as "vigorous activity" and disrupts the spell.
>>
Can you use natural weapons to escape "Swallowed Whole"?
>>
>>54578096

Kinda wanna get Starfinder.
>>
File: elf_food.webm (3MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
elf_food.webm
3MB, 1280x533px
Are Magus useful?
>>
File: 1492837301012.jpg (136KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492837301012.jpg
136KB, 800x700px
>>54580199

You're in luck, then. It's coming out fairly soon.
>>
>>54580030
"Effect targeting"
How many beneficial spells are construct only?
You also don't get all the neat immunity constructs have or qualify for construct feats.
>>
>>54580210
Where the fuck is this from lol
>>
>>54580229

Warhammer Total War II.
>>
>>54580186
Natural weapons are light weapons so you can.
>>
Without going into Ungermaw, what's the easiest way to get swallowed whole on a pc?
>>
>>54579902
My lizardfolk cleric just died confused, in alone, and in the dark
>>
>>54580184
>braccers of armor
>not armored kilt
>>
>>54580210

That "dismembering" animation without the blood and gore DLC makes it look so goofy.
>>
>>54579982
bumpo
>>
>>54580258

How did they meet such an unfortunate end?
>>
>>54580184
A magus is proficient with the scimitar by default, which is arguably the best weapon for him. The Int-to-AC comes at the cost of spells/level, which isn't TOO bad but is still not really worth it when Light Armor and Displacement will cover your ass just fine. "Free Weapon Focus" isn't really a good selling point.

I will give you that 7th level is probably more accurate, but overall your trades are all okay at best, and it trades REALLY GOOD SHIT for trash while the rest are sidegrade-tier.
>>
>Want to build a small continent
>Write out short descriptions of a few countries
>Want to focus on a mid-size kingdom, fairly diverse in terms of what's there and landscape
>Come up with a name for the country, then hit a brick wall as to describing anything about it's landscape/cities
What should I do in this case? I'm not entirely sure where to go next aside from maybe cracking open some sourcebooks and working off of those.
>>
>>54580259
>Not dump Str and wear a haramaki, or hell wear both haramaki and armored kilt
Bracers of armor is still shit cause it stops functioning if you have Mage Armor on too.
>>
>>54580063
Give me the details on this. What book would these new rules be from? I've always been interested in this sort of thing but never got the chance to play a wyrwood to the point of self upgrades.

>>54580254
Gingerbread witch
>>
>>54579982
>>54580277

Extra, I should think. Being able to use it more trumps getting a little extra if you don't have to cure a condition. Besides, if you have Fey Foundling, you're already getting plenty of health every time you use it.
>>
>>54580168
Is there no other way to do it? There's got to be some spell that grants a +10.
>>
File: Golem Builder.jpg (211KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Golem Builder.jpg
211KB, 770x1000px
>>54580063
>>54580303
This shit, coming in November. Official word is it's not intended for players and might not have anything about archetypes.
>>
File: Golemancy.jpg (31KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Golemancy.jpg
31KB, 533x800px
>>54580351
Fuck that, I wanna build shit!
>>
>>54580220

Nice. Probs gonna pick it up.

I've heard PF is a bit clunky, would it be difficult for a first time GM to run?
>>
>>54580351
ahahaha
AHAHAH
>>
>>54580372
It can be a little clunky, but it's not hard to make it work once you understand character advancement and a few underlying principals. Just keep in mind that almost every rule is there for a reason, so think about the situation and ask for advice before you houserule
>>
>>54580351
if it's similar to how they updated armor mods, they will say constructs can only be modded 1-2 times or something.
>>
>>54580174

Defeating the dragon was something did in a previous adventure, back in their first dungeon.

The group came across a Juvenile Black Dragon in a sunken temple dungeon. They got their butt kicked, retreated, and had made plans to go gather more allies, and had camped out for the night outside of the dungeon once they were safe...
Then, the next morning, the Cleric burst-heals everyone with Channel Energy, and the group heads back down into the dungeon, throwing me for a loop. I didn't expect them to jump right at it with such gusto... but they managed to defeat it and its venomous snake minions. It was a pleasant surprise, and they made some good tactical decisions during the fight as well. I was proud.
>>
If I'm having trouble setting up a campaign, would this be a good thread to get feedback and ideas?
>>
File: Goodbye.jpg (23KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye.jpg
23KB, 201x199px
>>54580351
>Prometheanfag's fw this drops and it's fucking NOTHING
>>
File: Laughing Puppets.gif (3MB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Puppets.gif
3MB, 400x180px
>>54580377
They're not gonna fix anything, Broodums, they're more likely to make it worse.
>>
>>54580210

Many songs will be made about this day.
>>
>>54580372

Pathfinder is a bit clunky, yes. However, you can find various Adventure Paths available for download in the Trove, which you can use directly, or as a sort of guideline to your own adventures. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask in the thread, and someone will provide you with an answer.

Or were you referring to Starfinder specifically? From what we've seen, it'll run a bit smoother than Pathfinder.
>>
>>54580386
At least we'd get new mods, and some that are likely actually worthwhile.
>>
>>54580372
Very, and it's unbalanced as fuck and laden with a horrifying number of trap options for your players.

Just remember, it is the GM's prerogative to alter the rules, but his players ought to be informed about these changes ahead of time.
>>
How do you feel about Eldritch Claws Feat?
>>
>>54580453
Fucking crap, if you're using natural strikes you should have AoMF at that level
>>
>>54580412
end it now
>>
>>54578146
If you start above 7th level is not a problem at all
If you start before that you'll suffer a little bit
If you start at 1st level you're ded
>>
>>54580146
That's exciting. If you're as cute in person as you are here, you'll be very appealing!
>>
>>54579168
How retarded can you get anon?
>>
>>54580405
So long as your players don't hang around here, it can't hurt to ask. The worse that can happen is that your posts get ignored (and that will happen sometimes but try not to get discouraged by it).
>>
>>54580295
Bumping
>>
>>54580645
Viciously plagiarize an existing kingdom or country. When I wanted Not!France, I did research on France.
>>
>Have problems doing any kind of writing because I'm aware that I subconsciously copy things I've read in the past
Nothing is original, but how do you make your characters feel fresh?
>>
How does /pfg/ feel about Mediums/Occultists?
>>
>>54580742
Who cares?
>>
Rate my build anons:

High Psionics War Soul/Brutality Blade Soulknife entering into Awakened Blade. Use the appropriate DEX/CHA psionic race (Xeph I guess? They seem decent for a Dexknife build)

>>54580755
Mediums can work strategically very well, as technically they have the most flexible spell list in the game. 6/9 Cleric AND Wizard casting. Take the Uda Wendo and sacrifice your Séance boon (eh) for Druid domains and DRUID DOMAINS, along with CHA to knowledge, which is very nice.

Occultist is the best class to come from Occult Adventures.
>>
>>54580742
The easiest way is to write people, rather than characters.
>>
File: kitsune.png (4MB, 877x1111px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune.png
4MB, 877x1111px
>>54580742

Originality is overrated. True talent lies in execution.
>>
>>54580832
Oh, but PF Kitsune were pretty fucking original
>>
>>54580598

They think all of 4chan is /b/, so yeah none of them are around to spoil. So here's what i've got so far, it's not terribly original.

>Mountain city
>Experiencing some sort of food shortage (possible side quest)
>Aging king, desperate to save the city from starvation, makes pact with otherworldly being to extend his life and save the city. The ancient scrolls were poorly translated though, so he struck a deal with a different kind of evil, which takes possession of him
>King proceeds to exile everyone from the palace
>Palace is barred off from populace
>City slowly descends into chaos due to starvation and no leadership figure
>People disappearing at night, strange noises can be heard (extra dangerous mobs that only come out at night)
>Everyone who could leave did, most lacked supplies to make any sort of journey, so they've resorted to scavenging (possible quest givers)
>Madness descends, some resort to cannibalism (roaming mobs during day)

PC's will kind of make their way through the city, solving problems and fending off the most desperate of the survivors, and people trying to profit off of the state of things. Eventually make their way to the palace and deal with the ruler of the city.

So, yeah. Any advice?
>>
File: 1477956361837.jpg (112KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477956361837.jpg
112KB, 533x400px
>>54580351
>Official word is it's not intended for players and might not have anything about archetypes.
>not intended for players
just a reminder that RaW Golems are retarded, and no-one would build them. There are so many more cost effective solutions
>>
>>54580865

Depending on how dangerous the night-time mobs are, you really, REALLY want to emphasize that tangling with them is a bad idea. Make sure your players know that setting foot out of doors when the sun's down is a very risky play.
>>
>>54580869
you mean such as Golem Manuals, which literally animate the golem body free of charge as long as you have one for a fraction of the price?
>>
How does Gambler kineticist compare to the Cryptic?
>>
What can offer a tiefling child to a mercenary company until she grows up?
>>
>>54580869
They look cool though
>>
>>54580909
It doesn't.

The Cryptic is a eight-of-all-trades.

The Gambler Kineticist is an offensive dynamo.
>>
>>54580950
Right. But how is the Gambler kineticist's power list?
>>
>>54580896

I was thinking to somehow relate it to the king. Like, the the otherworldly being is using the kings body as a sort of lubricant to slip bits of itself into the world. Was thinking the creature some sort of hungering darkness, so fragments of it stalk the streets at night time looking for things to feast on, but they all retreat back to the castle before daybreak.

I think to kind of help the players, I'll have them face down one, and have it show of a sort of cue it does, something creepy like a loud shivering noise or something. Then once it kind of kicks their asses a bit and they manage to kill it, the next time I make use of them, I'll say something like "you hear a chorus of those noises", so if they know just one is serious business, a whole pack of them will wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>54580742
Steal whatever the fuck you want, just don't make it blatant or outright copy the whole thing.
>>
>>54580956
Blastery. Highly limited for non-combat, but effectively infinite PP-cycling allowing for a constant output load.
>>
Has Tuv's WotR game folded yet?
>>
>>54581038
>Tuv posts about his session finishing in discord
>someone immediately asks a leading question
So are you Tuv or a Tuv-hater?
>>
Party is
Druid
Fighter
Vigilante
Cleric

What should I be?
>>
>>54581053
>So are you Tuv or a Tuv-hater?
I'd wager the former over the latter.
>>
>>54580030
>You get all the weaknesses of humanoids AND constructs! Isn't that great?!
>>
>>54581060
Bard.
>>
>>54581060
Any arcane caster
>>
>>54581060
Skald
>>
>>54581060
Seconding Skald. It's extremely good in teams with a lot of melee combatants going on, and that appears to be your entire party, plus the druid's pet.
>>
>>54581099
Two and possibly three of those are casters.
I'd go Bard over the "turn off your magic to hit better" Skald.
>>
>>54581060
There's no arcane caster, so Bard, Wizard, or Arcanist.
>>
>>54581202
Skald can enchant the party's weapons instead of giving them rage, with a particular archetype.
>>
>>54581202
Skald doesn't turn off their own magic with Inspired Rage.
>>
>>54580254
Spheres of Power can get a Snake package of alterations, including Swallow Whole right from the start.
>>
>>54580909
>really want to play a gambler but hate the idea of Con casters
>>
>>54581263
I was talking more about the Vigilante, they have a lot of caster archetypes.
>>
>>54581357
A person can choose to accept the effects of the song or not, man. You can't forcibly turn off an ally's magic with it.
>>
>>54578146
Besides contacting a suicide hotline because you are in a dark place, remember that Haramaki/Silken Ceremonial Armor does not violate the no armor restriction. Being a Dexfag is probably the best option, since you can't rely on AC from regular armor. You're stuck with Scimitar unless you want to splash Strength, then you can grab an Elven Curve Blade. It might be worth it to have a 13 Strength just to nab Power Attack, since the diminished spellcasting means you rely on regular damage more.

Snowball will be your ranged attack, Arcane Mark is your go to extra attack cantrip. You're going to eat shit for about eight levels, then get progressively more awesome.
>>
>>54581382
You're still trading the ability to buff everyone for the ability to buff the non-casters.
>>
Newest app for Essentia
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5259219/applications/?pageforid=5349164#post-5349164
What does albino even have to do with half-elf?
>>
>>54581401
Oh boy, the caster gets how much benefit?

Bards mostly help out martials anyway.
>>
>>54580210
As a supplement to a party which already has somebody specializing in single-target damage or an arcane caster, yes.

On their own, not really. Not only do you get less spell levels and a more restrictive spell list (with only a few spells that are unique to the magus and bloodrager), there are very few "practical" builds for a number of reasons.
You can't use armor to supplement your AC as a Strength magus early on without suffering from spell failure chance.
Dexterity-to-damage feats do not work with Spellstrike unless it's Dervish Dance.
Metamagic Magical Lineage Shocking Grasp is so good that you suffer if you don't build around it. Intensified Empowered Magical Lineage Shocking Grasp is a 3rd-level spell that deals 10d6+50% electric damage to a single target at 10th level and above, whereas Fire Snake is a 5th-level that deals 15d6 fire damage to multiple targets at 15th level and above.
>>
>>54581406
>CLOSES IN 2 MINUTES

Who do you think will get in, anons?
>>
>>54581428
Cleric and Druid are both 3/4 BAB, anon.
They can be reasonably expected to end up in melee from time to time.
>>
>>54581523
You can decide to take the effects of the song at the beginning of each of your turns, anon.

You can accept it when you're gonna whack people, and refuse it when you're gonna cast. It's not that hard.
>>
>>54581494
And it has closed. Will the celebs prevail or will the r20 randos have their day?
>>
>>54581578
What celebs? The apps were all randos.
>>
>>54581627
Clearly you have not been around for long, newfag
>>
>>54581578
>Will the celebs
What celebs you talking about
>>
>>54578434
I'll have to check for Saint and Matyred Mythic paths for any synergy, otherwise it might not be of any use to you.

Powerful mythic beings can often shrug off nonmythic things, regardless of their power level.
>>
>TFW you learn the true power of gun crits
Not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxSNfaef3s
>>
>>54581640
Closest thing to a celeb is Kawase, who's just a shit poster.
>>
File: Dog and hunter.png (320KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dog and hunter.png
320KB, 800x800px
>>54581656
my favorite way of getting gun crits is by taking Hunter up to 7 to get Named Bullet
>>
>>54581562
Something that is a benefit all of the time is more useful than something that is a benefit only some of the time.

If two of the characters in the party would willingly turn down your bread and butter buffs for any reason, the buffs are not suited to the party.
>>
>>54581668
How much use would a wizard get out of a bard's performances though?
>>
>>54581663
>>54581644
>>54581627

I counted like 7 from /pfg/
>>
>>54581741
Is being a /pfg/ player all it takes to be a celeb now? Because if that's it, I need to off myself.
>>
>>54581741
That doesn't really make them a "Celeb"
>>
>>54581681
Distraction/Countersong allow retries on saves. Inspire Courage grants a save bonus that doesn't shut down casting.
>>
>>54581774
Distraction and Countersong are circumstantial. The save bonus from Courage is also only Charm and Fear.
>>
My Dm and I are unsure on something, it would be great to know what empowered does to a spell like snowball. I thought empowered would add 1.5x the damage rolled to the spell and increase the rounds of staggered by 1.5x (essentially meaningless as 1.5 rounded down is 1). But my Dm thought empowered only effects the rounds on the staggered condition. Was i just really optimistic?
>>
>>54581663
Most of the "celebs" are infamous rather than famous so he checks out.
>>
>>54581835
No, your GM's a dumbass.
Empowered affects all variable, numerical effects. The staggered condition can't be affected in the first place because it's firmly just 1 round on a failed save.

The damage is what's affected.
>>
>>54581869
Thanks, i just can't find anything to actually confirm this at all.
>>
>>54581888
Try the actual text of the feat itself?
Or can your GM not fucking read, either?
>>
>>54581888
>Benefit: All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by half including bonuses to those dice rolls.

It only affects random variables.
>>
>>54581814
They are circumstantially useful and also not detrimental. The wizard player isn't going to say "nah senpai, I don't need to be released from this illusion/charm/fear effect." The wizard player would say "nah senpai, I'm going to opt out of losing my ability to cast for bonuses to a dump stat."

Now if the argument is for an Urban Skald, then Raging Song isn't a detriment. A flexible physical stat boost with no casting lockout is generically useful.
>>
Been poking around a bit. Anyone tried Highlord from DSP? I haven't heard much talk about it recently. How do you build them and what do they do well?
>>
>>54581930
Well considering that the party's big casters are druid and oracle, it's a decent bet they'll get use out of it anyway. And they can just not take it whenever they want to cast something.
>>
>>54581924
>>54581909
Thanks, reading the ability doesnt really help afyer the initial "it doesn't work like that" and the updated faq saying mods get added to the result didnt help my case either.
>>
>>54581084
>>54581089
>>54581099
>>54581161
>>54581242

Everyone in the group is a first timer except for the GM, and one of the Fighters.

I'm a tard and forgot to mention that there is 2 (TWO) fighters.

I've played a few times but other than that I'm basically "new"
>>
>>54582174
Arcanist, invalidate the Fighters.
>>
>>54582200
He won't though; he doesn't know how to play a caster in a gamebreaking fashion.

>>54582174
you're going to want to play either a sorcerer, a bard, or a skald (though I'd lean strongly towards sorcerer). Stay away from the prepared casting classes; until you learn the game more, you'll find yourself much more efficient and effective if you don't have to choose what spells to prepare for the day.
>>
>>54582230
If someone wants to break a caster with no system mastery they should just go spontaneous paragon surge.
>>
>>54582230
You don't need to break the game to invalidate the fighters. Potent Magic Glitterdust / Stinking Cloud is likely to reduce martials to janitors
>>
>>54582265
Those don't break the game though; they debilitate enemies in order to allow the other players to do their thing, yes, but that's what you want to be doing as a mage, and the martials will take care of anything that makes its saving throws.

the bad mage players are the ones that end entire counters and actually invalidate the other players, and in the examples you quoted the enemy can still fight, even if they're somewhat hindered.
>>
>>54582288
Hard to not invalidate a rogue since Knock does half the work for you desu
>>
>>54582288
>Those don't break the game though; they debilitate enemies in order to allow the other players to do their thing,
When the enemy is debilitated to the point a peasant with scythe can do your job, then yeah you're being invalidated.
>>
>>54582306
>le rouges are walking lockpicks meme
>>
>>54582342
are... are they not?
>>
>>54582342
What else are they good for? They can't actually disable triggered traps as well as you can with a Scroll of Summon Monster I, to boot. Pit traps are irrelevant with Mass Fly. They're not useful in social encounters, and the damage they dish out is honestly pathetic.
>>
>>54582355
>There are only traps which target the immediate area of the trigger
>There is no such thing as traps which alert other people, or affect areas beyond the trigger zone
>>
>>54582200
>>54582230
>>54582236
>>54582265
>>54582288
>>54582306

To put it into context

>Two Fighters:
One is new and knows nothing
One is playing a fighter/Vigilante i.e. usless but is very knowledgeable so maybe not(?)

>One Druid:
Brand new player knows nothing

>One Cleric:
Brand new player knows nothing:

>One Undecided:
Intermediate knowledge, was specifically told I could not play Oradin (Oracle/Paladin)

The campaign is Rise of the Rune Lords.

The GM knows I've played into this a few sessions but didn't complete it, so he probably expects me to build into it a LITTLE bit.

He said he didn't want me to go Oradin as it would be /too/ well rounded for this and wants the other players to do more
>>
Building a character for Godslayers is rather crazy. I've been spending the better part of the past few days agonizing over path choice for my full-caster/full-initiator gestalt.

On one hand, archmage. On the other, homebrew initiating mythic path.
>>
>>54582355
A ranged conversion inquisitor or an alchemist will serve you better than any rogue ever could
>>
>>54582378
You probably were also told not to go Oradin in case you stepped on the Cleric's toes a bit due to Channel Energy/Healing spells which usually catch new players attention easily.
>>
>>54582385
Is Godslayerrs still recruiting?
>>
>>54582378
Arcanist, Wizard, or Bard.
>>
>>54582373
Well yeah but look at that
In two LEVEL ONE spells I've dispensed with all but a few specific circumstances in which a rogue would be useful.
>>
>>54582440
>Mass Fly
>LEVEL ONE spell

Son...
>>
>>54582454
Not Mass Fly, I'm talking about Summon Monster I and Knock. Theoretically, Floating Disk might work too, depending on what you consider to be the "floor" of a pit trap.
>>
>>54582422
Could have sworn it was. And if it isn't? I'll have had fun making an ungodly monstrosity
>>
>>54582409
Yeah at the time our Cleric was undecided but contemplating.
I get it completely.

>>54582429
I'll give Arcanist a go, is there specific build style you recommend?
Should I just pick one on Nethys and roll with it?

We fill out our Character Sheets on Sunday
>>
>>54582464
Knock is level 2, and requires a CL check vs. the Disable DC of the lock.
>>
>>54582474
School Savant.
>>
Min Maxing for damage is low-iq. Whats the best way to min max for hard versatility/resistances/hp/sustain. By hard I mean non spell/item dependent.

I was thinking something like Paladin/Rogue/other shit.
>>
>>54582509
If you're not a caster 95% of your defenses are magic items, yes this goes for paladins as well.

If you're a martial, you lose to mage's dis-junction, period.
>>
>>54582509
Mordenkainen's Disjunction eats you alive.
>>
>>54582474
Potent Magic is your first choice of exploit.
>>
>>54582509
>Min-maxing for HP

Goodness Anon, at least take me to dinner first before you sweet talk me.
>>
>>54582500
>>54582530

OKAY ONE GUY GOT COLD FEET AND CHANGED

My party is now:
>Vigilante/Fighter: Experienced player
>Witch: New player
>Cleric: New player
>Druid Magic Focused: New player

>Undecided: Me

Should I still go for Arcanist?
>>
File: 1483680604735.jpg (53KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483680604735.jpg
53KB, 640x516px
>>54582509
>minmaxing for HP
Energy Drain says hi
>minmaxing for saves
Mage's Disjunction says hi
>minmaxing for versatility without spells
See pic related
>>
What's the most thematic weapon for a dancer character?

Other than bladed scarf.
>>
>>54582560
Fan.
>>
>>54582547
Our cleric is focused on channeling negative energy it seems
>>
>>54582547
With the Witch there? Nah.

But you now have a completely balanced team. Have fun playing whatever; if you want to go for Arcanist, feel free, but with all the angles covered, you're basically fine choosing whatever. This is the point I'd personally put together a hunter.
>>
>>54582570
>Our cleric is focused on channeling negative energy it seems
>le ebil necromancer cleric
Ah yes
>>
>>54582560
If you take the feat name "Dervish Dance" literally, maybe Scimitar.
>>
>>54582547
This is a pretty balanced-looking four-man party, so play whatever the fuck you want I guess. Stay the fuck away from Rogue (both UC and normal) and Swashbuckler / Gunslinger.
>>
>>54582574
>But you now have a completely balanced team
Maybe you didn't catch

>Our cleric is focused on channeling negative energy it seems
>>
>>54582599
indeed, I did not.

Maybe an alchemist or investigator focused on team support?
>>
File: troll scholar.jpg (608KB, 1200x1023px) Image search: [Google]
troll scholar.jpg
608KB, 1200x1023px
>>54582554
>Energy Drain
level 9 spell memes pls go and stay go, also negative levels do a flat -5 HP for each negative level, so if you've minmaxed for HP you've still got HP for days.
>Disjunction
If you've minmaxed for saves you can quite easily get a Will save that will be competitive with even the most minnest of maxed Wizard saves assuming you're not cheating with a infinite wish memebuild.
>your pic related
He's a nerd that looks like he should have his head shoved in a toilet
>>
>>54582598
>This is a pretty balanced-looking four-man party

Our cleric is negative energy
>>
>>54582567
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/

It doesn't seem to be listed.
>>
>>54582509
Psionic good to go? Then for HP, Soulknife.
1st level take Psionic Body for +2 HP for every psionic feat.
2nd level Blade Skill take Psionic Training for a Psionic feat
3rd level feat take Extra Blade skill (which is a Psionic feat) then take Psionic Training (count as another Psionic feat)
Rinse and repeat
It is ~60 extra HP over 20lv.
Then add all the stuff like Con-boost and HP retraining onto that.
>>
>>54582519
>>54582524
>>54582554

I don't care if I actually get raped. This isn't to try and fuck the DM or ruin encounters or anything. I just have this need to try and ,make a character that at least on paper feels ready for anything. I don't like the whole "I'm a wizard I have a spell for this but my stats are 95% into just rolling for spell pen and hoping for the best" or "I use this vaguely worded spell to meme this situation and argue with the DM about the chemical or physical effects such a spell would have using science or some other method of persuasion to empower the spell beyond its intended use".

I just want to have a character where my I'm playing in a normal fucking group and a normal encounter shows up and its like "Alright anon make a will save" and I have a save thats like +3 higher than a person might normally have.

Alright everyone make stealth checks! And I'm a Paladin mix that has stealth that's respectable for an actually skilled rogue. Where I can do shit like take off my armor and fit into a city adventure that involves guile and stealth. Or when we go in the woods I'v actually dabbled in all the knowledge skills and I can make a roll for whatever the fuck we're doing. Where I can take a hit in combat and I'll never have the pure damage of a fighter of my level but I probably have more health and like 60% of the damage he has along with all the other shit I can do.

I basically want to be "Class: Adventurer" and I want them to be hard stats and not something meme like investigator dice or something like that. I don't trust having to manage resources that I need to look at the party and be like "WE NEED TO REST OR MY MEME BULLSHIT WON'T WORK ANYMORE" because that completely pulls me out of the story.

Yeah min maxing GAMEPLAY bothers me. OUT OF GAME KNOWLEDGE bothers me. ACTING OUT OF CHARACTER bothers me. I'm sorry my particular min maxing autism is so contradictory and confusing.
>>
>>54582625
>level 9 spell memes pls go and stay go, also negative levels do a flat -5 HP for each negative level, so if you've minmaxed for HP you've still got HP for days.
Okay, then Persisting Finger of Death, that's 150+ damage/ failed save, dunno if you've got enough for that.

>if you've minmaxed for saves
Yeah, but how many saves did you make and how many of your items shattered considering you save seperately? The caster can keep coming with Astral Projections you know.

>he's a nerd that...
Troll Regen gets stopped by Fireball.
>>
>>54582644
>I just have this need to try and ,make a character that at least on paper feels ready for anything
Breadth of Knowledge Elf Arcanist is ready for anything, even without arguing with the DM.
>>
>>54582665
Oh, I'm taking breadth of knowledge probably. Though going a caster class isn't something I really want to do because I'm not particularly interested in magic and the low hit dice make my penis sour. I mean I'm interested in magic from a purely academic standpoint. I'd like to be able to study shit with the wizard but when it comes to actually casting spells as a fill caster I'm not interested.
>>
File: 1501105503903.jpg (107KB, 854x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501105503903.jpg
107KB, 854x960px
2hu BTFO yet again
>>
>>54582471
Mind linking it please anon?
>>
>>54582701
Stop bullying 2hu
>>
>>54582701
>>54582749
I don't give a shit about 2hu, but stop leaking other peoples' business if they don't want to bring it to the thread.
>>
>>54582583
That's basically him, I'm not surprised.

>>54582606
The GM suggested Inquisitor

or is that dogshit?

Seeing as how our Cleric decided not to contribute should I just go Paladin and focus on heals?
>>
P.S.
Is Archer Paladin shit
>>
>>54582835
Stack as many arrows as you can then add smite. Get the arrow splitter bow to simulate being a rocket battery
>>
>>54582835

Nah, it's actually pretty strong. You can deal tons of damage.
>>
>>54582849
>>54582857
Gathlain, Human, or Halfling?
>>
>>54582875
Can't go wrong with human. Halfling is also valid for the mobile rocket battery
>>
>>54582884
We'll be doing 20 Point Buy also
if that matters
>>
>>54582884
Being able to fly is what caught my eye.

is it just a gimmick?
>>
>>54582901
Flying is nice cause you are immune to landlocked melee. But a mount boosts ranged build power exponentially. And it is not difficult to get a flying mount.
>>
>>54582732
PM me on discord, it's on a google doc and yet to be finished. Or if you meant the game it's also in the discord
>>
>>54582901
At early lv, flying is immune to most melee. At the same time, low fly check ends in getting your ass handed by archers.
>>
>>54582820
Inquisitor is fine. Paladin is fine too.
>>
>>54582929
>>54582943
>>54582957

We are playing RotRL, would having fly innately be useful?
Or am I really that much better off going Human
>>
>>54582968
Rise of the Runelord doesn't focus much on dungeon stuff so fly would be useful. But unless you can reliably make the hover check to full attack, I would just stick to staying on the ground.
>>
>Darkshaper Armorist
>Slightly less shit than normal Armorist
>Still kinda shit though
Well, at least you now get 4+In skill points, which helps I guess
>>
>>54582701
You know nobody likes you.
>>
>>54582653
Troll regen also gets stopped by a fucking torch. What's your point?
>>
>>54583004
To say again
Party is
>Fighter/Vigilante:
Experienced Player
>Witch:
New Player
>Magic Focus Druid
New Player
>NEGATIVE Energy Cleric Undead EDGE Lord(neutral evil):
New Player

Now I am contemplating on picking a Paladin or Anti-paladin to make the Cleric not entirely useless
>>
>>54583136
Isn't Paladin banned for you?
>>
>>54583139
Not Paladin, but specifically Oradin

"honestly, im not totalyl against oradin, but i dont wanna have to balance the adventure around your existence."
>>
>>54582968
Flight is mostly pointless in RotRL.
There are no puzzles it lets you skip and the only fight with flying enemies that matters happens before you'll be able to fly for shit anyway.
>>
Can I get a link to the discord?
>>
>>54583189
https://discord.gg/KPKWdyr
>>
>>54583156
That's a pretty reasonable position for a GM to take.
>>
>>54583228
Yeah I agree with it.
"the issue with oradin isnt that its a active healer, its that its an active fighting machine of death that also full heals your party" -GM

So with that in mind, and the other party members mentioned in
>>54583136
in mind also

What kind of Paladin should I play?
Should I play Antipaladin to make the Negative Energy Cleric not useless or would that just make both of us useless?
>>
File: Paladin_Teachings.png (306KB, 1240x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin_Teachings.png
306KB, 1240x1176px
>>54583281
It'd just make you both kind of useless. Confer with your cleric; ask him whether he's neutral or evil; that'll inform whether paladin or antipaladin sir right for you, as a paladin doesn't want to spend too long in the company of someone who's evil.

Personally, I love normal paladins, and playing them as a laid-back moral compass is downright satisfying.
>>
File: 58316bf9199cf1fcc409b517775f965d.jpg (112KB, 607x1000px) Image search: [Google]
58316bf9199cf1fcc409b517775f965d.jpg
112KB, 607x1000px
>Teisatsu Vigilante lets you take any Ki power you want
>Doesn't mention anything about prereqs or appropriate Monk level, just take any one.

So, how busted is this? I mean, you can grab Abundant Step at level 4! The only one I don't see working is the Quingong power since it requires a monk level, which you don't have.

Or does this Talent prevent you from taking Ki Powers with level requirements?

Also, aside from Abundant Step, what Kind Powers work well with a Teisatsu, and which Ninja Tricks are actually worth a damn?
>>
>>54583313
Dark Channeler Cleric of Urgathoa.
Undead Lord
"Neutral" Evil.
I don't see how any kind of Paladin wouldn't kill him on sight unless I go Insinuator.

Is there a way to make Antipaladin Insinuators good?

I'd be able to channel Positive and Negative energy potentially.

Plus the more I look at what our Cleric is describing, a Paladin wouldn't gel with it very much.
>>
>>54583362
Sorry mate, but so far your player sounds like he may be That Guy
>>
>>54583362
Yeah, it sounds like Paladin won't mesh well with the character he's making. Skald and Bard are out because they don't interact properly with undead (they don't benefit from morale bonuses) so your support character options are largely limited to Alchemist, Investigator, a buff based wizard/arcanist/sorcerer, an oracle, or even a second cleric.

the cleric or oracle isn't actually a bad idea. They're both fullcasters, and you can customize your spell selection around what your other casters are doing, and it'd give you some pretty heavy melee capability since clerics come with that inherently. the only issue there is that you'd have an extremely hard divine power group, between two clerics and a druid.

However, consider as well playing what is colloquially known as a "skillmonkey". One of the classes that get a huge amount of skill points and class skills, such as Investigator, rogue, or Alchemist. Investigator is by far the strongest skillmonkey in the game, but flops hard in combat.
>>
>>54583419
>Investigator is by far the strongest skillmonkey in the game, but flops hard in combat.
Are you high?
Investigator is great at combat.
Studied Combat is one of the best combat features in this game, various buffs you can get from either extracts or spellcasting (there are two spellcasting archetypes) also help a lot.
>>
Essentia party announced!

>Spymaster: Eadric Hwitæcer, played by Stein; A bitter, world-weary man from the ruined city of Tandem, he holds a deep-seated hatred for each of the factions, and through a display of his own talents he hopes to enact his revenge upon those who scarred him, his home and his kindred.

>Herald: Fidda Rostami, played by Siobhan. An old associate of Jargis himself, Fidda's got a bit more than just 'changes' in mind for Mestys; Having lived in Tandem she's come to understand the struggles of the poor and desolate. With this, she's got certain revolutionary plans tucked behind her thoughts.

>Diplomat: Rosalin, played by Scratch. A homonculus created to ease the heart of a man who had lost his wife, she's now set upon the world in her own freedom after his own death. A caretaker and public servant, she'll serve as the calming words of Mestys and soothe the relationships between it and other major civilizations.

>Magister: Red Elder-End Mythcéal/Haeldra the Red, played by Karvane. A flower nymph from the hidden regions of the Blue Forest, the strongest of her kindred were slain by the massive bomb that was launched by the people of Essa. Losing her old master in this, she reached back into the forest and learned terrible arts that ostracized her from her people and caused them to fear her. In this, she traveled the world and now finds the perfect opportunity to create a new home for her kind, and research the powers of Wen for herself.

>Scholar: Delilah, played by Mojiro. A much younger and smaller Homonculus, made for the purpose of being a woman's "daughter" and personal aide for research, she was significantly better at the latter. Utterly devoted into her desire to bring the world into a new technologica era, she's an expert in Essentia and the position as a court scholar grants her all the power in the world to achieve her goals.
>>
>>54583590
4 females 1 male

I can see where this is going.
>>
>>54583590
Congrat. Can't say I'm not salty though because scheduling.
>>
File: 54896608_p0.png (784KB, 620x814px) Image search: [Google]
54896608_p0.png
784KB, 620x814px
I have an idea for a character, and Alchemist is the best fit, but I have a question.
Is there a way to archetype out of mutagens without fucking up your bombs?

Mutagens don't fit the concept I'm going for at all and I'd rather not be a twip and completely ignore such an otherwise useful part of the alchemist's kit.
>>
>>54583590
>stein

does this guy get into every game he apps into?
>>
>>54583740
Not Chalice, but Stein picks his battles really well and commits. He's a good one.
>>
>>54583701
Grab that archetype that gives you Cognotogen instead? I feel like there should be at least a few archetypes that remove Mutagen without affecting Bomb much
>>
>>54583701
I think the grenadier and a few other archetypes dont get mutagens
>>
>>54583779
>grenadier
Cool, something usable hidden in the pile of trash that is the Alchemist archetype list.
Thnaks, anon.
>>
>>54583590
>self-shiller gets in
Hm...
>>
>>54583740
>>54583856
Most of the games heavily advertised on here are circlejerks.
>>
>>54583874
Siobhan, Mojiro, and Scratch are randos aren't they
>>
>>54583856
It was probably scheduling, the DM said she a bunch of apps she liked but couldn't fit them in.
>>
>>54583890
Doubtful. There's typically some level of communication or another between the GM and the players they accept for these "big /pfg/ games" that pop up every now and then before the games are made. It's why seeing truly rando games pop up, even if they're shitty ERP concepts like Carnal Crown, that then turn out to be fake is so disappointing. Keeps up the cycle of
>popular player runs game
>accepts popular players
>one of the popular players runs game
>accepts popular players including popular player who accepted him
>repeat
>>
>>54583932
Essentia wasn't a "big" /pfg/ game, and even had to be rebooted because the first iteration got literally no attention.
>>
>>54583939
>tfw didn't apply because I thought it'd be another bamboozle
>>
>>54583939
>>54583955
It's weird that an ERP character got accepted into a game that's totally not ERP run by a GM who totally doesn't do ERP guys seriously
>>
>>54583969
The DM is a straight up fujoshi, I doubt she'll do ERP.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-29+at+09.31.26).png (4KB, 518x30px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-29+at+09.31.26).png
4KB, 518x30px
>>54583893
>tfw euro timezone
>>
>>54583969
>>54583932
>>54583856
>>54583874
>Sour Grapes: The Posts
>>
>mfw two outsider games finally come up
>both bamboozles
>a third outsider game comes up
>it's level 20 gestanal shit

we cannot be freed from the circlejerk hell
>>
>>54583980
kys SSD
>>
>>54583983
Is also bambies
>>
>>54583987
SSD is asleep after WotR right now tho.
>>
>>54583989
Godslayers is probably not a bamboozle, since the DM is in JttW
>>
>>54583992
"Asleep"
>>
>>54583999
He's offline on discord and this is a crazy time for him to be awake.
Your point?
>>
>>54584011
>this is a crazy time for him to be awake
It's like, 10 AM in Europe m8, how is it crazy?
>>
>>54583992
>>54584011
I forgot people are inanimant unless they're logged into Discord.
>>
>>54584015
He just had a game starting at 3am (WotR) after being awake all day before that.
He went to sleep, like, 4 hours ago.
>>
File: maya_4.jpg (133KB, 239x347px) Image search: [Google]
maya_4.jpg
133KB, 239x347px
Tell me, are there any good items, magic or otherwise, that I could use to create a false body double to make people think I'm sleeping in bed while in actuality I'm off doing Vigilante stuff?
My character by day is a Mendicant, though I have access to a dimensional storage, but by night he does wetwork under a secret identity.

Starting at level 3, with 3000gp available to spend. Please help a poor beggar-killer out.
>>
Ranger 1/Wizard 1/Rogue 1
Str: 12
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 12
Chaotic Neutral
Favored Enemy[Outsider Air]
School of Magic[Enchantment]
Familiar[Cat]

Some call me a talentless dullard, others call me a traitor and a thief, most do not name me at all. I am Saladin Al'Halsheem and I have lived many lives in search of my prey. I was born with my family in the red sands of the Asai'Alura a land under the Tyranny of the Ruby Raja a human empire ruled by Efreet from the plane of fire. We lived as slaves within the palace of Salton surrounded by gold and brass and beauty. Djinni also lived their as slaves, mocked and tormented beneath the feet of our powerful masters. I alone escaped slavery by sheer luck or a twist of fate. The Salton made a wager privately with a noble of his court the Efreet Harad Jinto, they asked me what I, a lowly being would wish for, they would command their most obedient Djinni to grant it. I did not know at the time but they were toying with me, cruelty is their only namesake, and the Djinni played along with their game. I wished for freedom for me and my people.

I understood the Djinni to be noble creatures, my grandfather had told me so, perhaps this Djinni had been twisted by his cruel masters or perhaps the wish had struck him with a jealousy far beyond his character. He granted me freedom by severing my fate and my people from the world, by severing my memory from all who had ever known me, and by rewriting my history to that of a betrayer. I am known throughout my land as the slave whole stole the genies lamp from his master, who wished for gold, power, and wealth, who condemned his kin to the ultimate death as punishment for his greed. I am free, I may blow across the sands, and move as a nomad never to rest, but I am shackled to my infamy and my own memory.

I seek this Djinni and I will undo that which he has stolen from me.
>>
>>54584015
It's 4am here in Burgervania
>>
>>54584058
SSD is a viking meme creature, not a burger, though.
>>
>>54583973
>she
>>
>>54584097
About a quarter of /pfg/ is female, m8.
Female DM's are fairly common here.
>>
>>54584057
>Ranger 1/Wizard 1/Rogue 1
>3way MC, on a Wizard at that
>Those barely above average stats
>Chaotic Nuetral
>Using a school of magic that half the time doesn't work on Outsiders
>This cringy RP in the thread
Holy shit nigger what the fuck are you trying to do?
>>
>>54584097
There's a tranny from REMOVE KEBAB, a meme viking bard, and a chink plutocrat, I dunno why a girl is so unbelieveable
>>
>>54584112
what are you even going on about anon
>>
>>54584057
Just make a Sandman or Archeologist Bard or something and fix your stats you dumbfuck. Or hell, that one Genie based archetype for the Occultist would be much better.

Seriously, is this your first time playing 3.PF or something?
>>
>>54584127
Masha is a Russian tranny from Serbia
SSD is literally a memetic viking creature
Kawase is a rich chink and acts like it
StarToad was some 300 pound abomination from Florida
Archi being a girl doesn't sound out-there at all, there's plenty of girls in the tabletop community even on /tg/.
>>
>>54584152
whatever you say, namedrop-kun.
>>
>>54584110
>>54584130
I want to multiclass, I don't want to archtype for a theme. What am I missing, how much less effective am I statistically during combat/sessions?

going from hitting on a 16 instead of a 14 is worth the increase in versatility imo. I want to be absolutely non-specialist. The main thing I'm worried about is losing base attack bonus. The wizard gives me access to some arcane flavor, gives me a cat familiar both for RP and for the +3 stealth bonus. With Ranger/Wizard/Rogue I gain every single skill as a class skill. Rogue will give sneak attack along with the skills. I plan on putting the vast majority of my levels in Ranger.
>>
>>54584181
It's pretty obvious who you are at least lol
>>
>>54584196
>>>avatarfagging
>>
>>54584206
It's basically the same thing m8
Also didn't you apply to IntrigueGM's game?
>>
>>54584216
Was this Nisekoi? Didn't she lose
>>
new thread

>>54584303
>>54584303
>>54584303
>>54584303
>>
>>54584304
>Page 4
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
I'm missing
>+2 Base attack bonus
>+1 Fort Save
>+1 Reflex Save
>Master Hunter (literally who gives a single fuck)
>5th favored enemy
>Improved Quarry
>+1 3rd Level Spell
>+1 4th Level Spell
>I get stuff later I guess

I'm exchanging it for
>a badass cat familiar
>access to all knowledge skills, wizardy skills like fly, spellcraft, linguistics etc.
>access to disabling magical traps, and all those dank rogue skills, with the bonus to stealth from my cat I'll basically be able to do rogue stuff along side ranger stuff.

Also capstone abilities are fucking meme and they aren't worth restricting yourself to one class just to get something like "YOU CAN INSTANTLY KILL YOUR FAVORED ENEMY ON A WHATEVER ROLL WISDOM SAVE OR SOMETHING". I'd rather be able to do lots of stuff than have some stupid OH SO COOL action movie gimmick.
>>
>>54584184
MCing, aside from very specific builds, is generally less efficient and less powerful than using an archetype, as you will lag behind in terms of overall class capabilities compared to someone who took a single class all the way through. If you must MC, it should only be a 1-2 level dip into a single for class. And even then it's dangerous to do it with Casters. Plus you lose out on FCBs.

Next are stats to consider. Your primary stat should ideally be at an 18, or at least no more lower than a 16. You've spread yourself too thin, and sadly your "versitility" is useless since you won't have the means to properly utilize any of those skills to a useful level once he reach past 5th level. Plus there are dozens of classes that are much better at skill utilisation than Rogues, such as Bards and Investigators, who can take Familiars as class options usually and also have the benefit of being decent enough in skills, spells, and combat without being complete shit at them.like your guy currently is

With only 1d6 of Sneak, that is going to quickly become useless at higher levels, and it's usually circumstantial or requires too much set-up to use later on. And honestly if you wanted the capabilities of both a Ranger and a Rogue, you should've made a Slayer, or at least ensure said Rogue was Unable

Also, why would you need Wizard for "fluff" when Rangers already get spells and their own pet as bloody class features? Plus Families are pathetically easy to get for everyone, since even if you lack a Class feature or Archetype for it, you can grab it by feats or a VMC instead. Further, having only your limited 1st level spells will only be useful for exceedingly minor utility past level 4, which is even more.lited considering your low Interest. AND THATS NOT EVEN MENTIONING HOW STUPID IT IS TO COMBINE AN INT BASED WIZARD WITH A FUCKING WIS RELIANT RANGER! Seriously, haven't you ever heard of Multi Attribute Dependence before and why it's bad?
>>
>>54584350
>>54584184

Also, the BAB thing, it's not as important as you think, provided you have a magical or special way to pump your to-hit chance, which is something many 6th level casters often have.

So my advice? Make a Slayer instead since Studied Target and Sneak Attack from.him will emulate what you want best, pick a more magical Archetype for him, like Stygian Slayer, the if you still want Wizard stuff you have options.

>1. Take a few levels in Wizard or something and go Arcane Trickster or whatever. Also, move your stats around.
>2. If you just wanted the pet, just sped the one of the two different feat progressions or Rogue Talent on it to take the pet. Also, pick out a good Familiar Archetype for it
>3. Wizard VMC. It's not optimal, but it will work. Or the Sorcerer VMC with Arcane Bloodline
>Eldritch Heritage

Also, you don't need that much Cha, and prioritise your Interest over your other mentals.

Holy shit bro, all this shit is Chargen 101
>>
You'd be a sucker to take more than one level in Wizard, they get at-will prestidigitation at level 1, and that's already the best spell in the game!
>>
>>54584304
Literally worse than Anime
>>
>>54584323
>a badass cat familiar
Which will be worthless since you don't have the invested levels to keep him useful at later levels, so have fun watching him die over and over again
>>access to all knowledge skills, wizardy skills like fly, spellcraft, linguistics etc.
Congrats, you're now a shittier Bard which already get all of that anyway, as well as do some Oracle/shaman options, and even a fucking Fighter archetype.
>>access to disabling magical traps, and all those dank rogue skills, with the bonus to stealth from my cat I'll basically be able to do rogue stuff along side ranger stuff.
The bonus to Stealth will stop being useful past level 5. Most casters with dispel options like scrolls and stuff, plus the ability to Detect/Read magic already have those traps.covered, and mundane traps are something anyone can do. Plus even then your "Rogue Stuff" is mostly stuff that most any other class can do, and sometimes better like Slayers and Investigators.

Congrats, you attempted to Minimax, and managed to.make a character that's even worse at his job than everyone else who does it.
>>
>>54584350
I've heard of it but I'm wondering statistically how much worse you'll be in power level compared to the enemies and encounters you'll be facing. I realize that at max you're missing a decent amount of +hit compared to like, a fighter with 20 strength thats specialized in one type of weapon. He's probably rolling with like a +10 or more at level 6.

I want the + cha for charisma based checks and because I want to be slightly charming/handsome which is accentuated with the echantment schools bonus of +2 to intimidate/bluff/diplo, 12 cha is at least above average and I wont feel out of place in society. I wanted wizard because on top of the echantment school and the familiar I wanted to take a level to reflect that I had spent at least an amount of time formally studying magic as a 1st level wizard (probably around 6-8 adult years or so). I literally don't care about ranger spells and only want bonus wisdom for the will save/sense motive/perception. I went ranger mainly for the extra ultility features like tracking/movement/favored terrain and because favored enemy is a cool class feature for roleplay, also you don't get absolutely cucked on skill points like a fighter does.

If I'm playing and dealing literally half the damage as other people I'd understand I'm bringing the group down. Watching live play and playing games though I just feel like people specializing as much as they do feels like a fucking meme.

Literally two levels. Literally a +2 to like 1 stat. That's all we're talking about giving up. You're telling me I'm actually going to be a detriment to my group because I'm missing those things? I'll check out slayer but I have a feeling its going to give up so much stuff I want for like
>favored enemy damage per level
>sneak attack per level
The things I want from rogue are the rogue shit. When people are like "we need a thief" they aren't talking about sneak attacking shit. They didn't bring Bilbo Baggins to stab Smaug in the throat.
>>
>>54584438
Stealth is useless past level 5?
>>
>>54584514
Not him, but Invisibility is a lot more useful than Stealth, and Alarm shows up quite a bit if you're trying to sneak into somewhere.
>>
>>54584502
>The things I want from rogue are the rogue shit. When people are like "we need a thief" they aren't talking about sneak attacking shit
Like fucking what lmao
Lockpicking? Meet your maker: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/knock.html#knock
>>
>>54584525
+10 + Caster Level
If that's adequate than those are some pretty shitty locks compared to what a rogue can unlock. Also you have to cast a spell in order to do that. You need to have it prepared and anything that can sense magic will be on you in two seconds. You get access to that at level 3? Assuming you even want to burn your level 2 spell on that. You'd pass the wizard on the check at level 6 assuming you didn't have any feats for it. Also you could just cast invis on the rogue and they wouldn't get fucked from being a clumsy piece of shit and tripping over pots and pans. I'm just saying from watching a lot of live play the on paper benefits of being a wizard frequently get outplayed by the realities of the game session.

Casters act like they're prepared for anything until they aren't and they're stuck shooting a troll with a crossbow trying not to get fucked in the ass with their 20 hp.
>>
>>54584616
It's caled a scroll. If you unironically think "rogue abilities" have any demand at the table at PF then you've got something else coming.
>>
>>54584502
You're trying to pull your character in too.many directions, using class options not suited for being a jack of all trades. Literally everything you just said you wanted is easily fulfilled by a generic Archetyped combat bard using Inspire Courage you dumbfuck. You get free ability to use Knowledge checks whenever, a decent number of skills and skill points, Versatile Training gives you bonuses to your various mental skills, your spells and Performance will let you swing blows around like a Fighter well enough, and said spells can circumvent most "rogue stuff" even at low levels like using Forced Quiet for sneaking and stuff. Plus you won't be sacrificing your FCBs.

And keep in mind this is still inferior to playing say an Investigator, or if you want more of TEH DAMAGES then it's damned hard to stop an Inquisitor stacking Bane and Judgement, or god forbid Studied Target and Sneak if he's a Sanctified Slayer. Or if you want dozens of fun abilities that you can dick around with, then Occultist is still amazing at mixing up utility, casting, and combat potential thanks to its archytpes, Implement and Focus Powers, and Panopolies.

Or even a modern Fighter, optimized with AWT/AMT/Skill based archetypes, with perhaps just a single dip in the Unchained Rogue, and his many fun Item Mastery feats can work. Or, if your so set on being a Rogue, drop the Wizard part, only take a single dip in Ranger, and take the Eldritch Scoundrel Archetype.

Or, you can just fuck the world in the ass by making a Wizard/Slayer/Eldritch Knight or similar.

I'm trying to help you anon. The game literally has given you better and easier ways to accomplish what you want, why won't you take them? Archetypes were literally created for the sole purpose of gradually phasing out Multiclassing, just look at them and use them for their intended purpose already!
>>
>>54584627
Use magic device is a charisma skill that a rogue has. Its like you think a rogue can't read scrolls.
>>
>>54584616
Wands nigguh! Chinese with Staff-like wand, and the fact that most of your "Rogue Skills" can be replaced by level 1-3 spells, and it's easy by the time you hit later levels to replace a.Rogue entirely if he hasn't retrained or Prestiged into something useful
>>
>>54584650
>needing a skill check
>When you can just hand it to the mage who needs no check and won't risk wasting the money investment.
I bet you let a bull polish your China collection as well
>>
>>54584650
But why would you need a Rogue at all? That's the fucking problem. A Wizard can both write and read scrolls automatically, who the fuck cares about Rogues? UMD is a skill designed to let noncasters ape casterlocked items, it's not something to show off. Why the fuck would I want a Rogue, useless in and out of combat, when I could have a Wizard or even just a straight martial?
>>
>>54584502
Let me put it this way, a Barbarian of equal level can 1-shot most CR Equal enemies. , Has decent skill point and coverage, doesn't need to Multiclass to do his job, and at later levels will be able to gain all manner of utility abilities, such as being able to sunder active and incoming magics, will have a decent DR and reflex saved to circumvent most traps, and skill bonuses to Rage from rage powers willean he can get angry and easily pole-vault over most pits and obstacles. Barbarian have both good utility both I'm and outside of combat. Comparatively, rogues have neither, and the only thing that kept Rangers from being just as shit was their Pet and their spells
>>
>>54584636
I've looked at archtypes but I always have to sacrifice something I don't want to because I consider it a core feature that I want to pick up. There's basically never an archtype that I actually want. I mean giving up a FCB is pretty shitty I guess and there are probably better things I can do. The only pure classes I want to play are a FIghter, a Paladin, and a Bard.

Fighters lose skillpoints, the best you can do is 4+int with the tactician archtype and you only get access to like 10 skills. Paladins lose skills. Bards are the best fit but I lose access to shit like disable device unless I pick up a roguish archtype that fucks me over in a different way. I really don't like the investigator system for buffing checks and attacks with inspiration dice because I don't want to be chained to rests.
>>
>>54584712
Can barbarians even read?
>>
>>54584712
>the only thing that kept Rangers from being just as shit was their Pet and their spells
And their full BAB. And their bonus feats.
>>
>>54584737
Unlike other editions of D&D, PF doesn't make barbarians illiterate by default.
>>
>>54584737
He can be taught over the course of like, a week without even spending skill points.
>>
>>54584770
>>54584765
Also non-jokingly they only have access to physical skills basically. They can't bluff or diplo, or appraise. They'll never be able to roll to see whether the sword they're about to pick up is going to fuck them in the ass. They'll never be able to roll to see if they know what gang the tattoo belongs to on the assassin that just tried to kill the group. They'll never be able to roll to see if they know the name of the countess thats about to greet them at the ball. They'll never be able to woo the ballroom with above average dance moves. They'll never be able to forge a letter with linguistics or steal a key with slight of hand.

You're literally the fucking Barbar. I guess when I get down to it I want to be able to chillax with anyone in the party. I want to be able to tag along when the wizard goes to the library. I want to be able to hang out in the wild with the ranger or druid. I want to be able to attend the temple with the cleric. I want to be able to swordplay with the fighter or barbarian. I want to be able to sneak with the rogue. I don't want to upstage anyone and I'm not interested in playing a class with a weird, fucking out there aesthetic or class ability. You can't blend in when you're a fucking summoner, or plaguedoctor, or whatever the fuck like psionic bloodseer fuckboy wierdo. I just want to play a professional number 2.
>>
>>54584049
the Warlock archetype for vigilante allows you to make a social simulacrum, but other than that (since i'm guessing you can't/won't take that for build reasons) i'm not totally sure. You could always just, y'know, try some low tech way to make a body double.
>>
Friendly reminder to migrate:
>>54584303
>>
>>54582644
I know exactly what you're talking about by Class: Adventurer
I accomplished this myself by playing a half-orc archaeologist bard with fate's favored and a falchion
>>
>>54584723
>Bard can't into disable device
Have you ever heard of traits?
Like this one?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/mummy-s-mask/trap-finder/
>>
>>54582422
Yes. There';s apparently going to be work done on the entire scenario over the weekend by the GM.
>>
>>54582554
>>54582524
>a 9th level spell makes only fighters useless - it has no effect on mages whatsoever
Wow.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.