[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I spitball the broad strokes of my Babby's First Delta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: attachment[1].jpg (31KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
31KB, 960x720px
Could I spitball the broad strokes of my Babby's First Delta Green mission to y'all?

>Set in NYC.
>The homeless in the city have begun to avoid a halfway house in Queens. Something about it scares them. Those that go in for treatment never leave.
>Some talk of a giant, dog-headed creature, entering and exiting the place at night. A Friendly, who just so happened to be sleeping rough in the approximate area, immediately called it in.
>Ghouls. But if this is the case, this is violating the truce.
>The agents need to liase with the ghouls that live in Glendale, and find out what in Sam Hell is going on.

>As it turns out, one especially large and rebellious ghoul, and three others in thrall to him, left the warrens some months ago.
>The cemetery ghouls haven't heard from them since.
>They've acquired a taste for humans who have "seasoned themselves" with opiods. Once a week, they come in to feast.
>They're probably not going to be very responsive to arguments or convincing.

I think it's good because we've got The Unnatural, Violence, Horror. I've got a few questions, though
>If ghouls communicate through bleats and meeps, how can they be understood by people? Do they just speak in a sheepy voice?
>Do ghouls transform from human, to ghoul, and back again? Is this transformation at will?
>Do you have suggestions or advice to make this better or more compelling?
>>
>>54577238
I think you should build it up more.

Good horror is about not showing the monster for such a long time until the anticipation is in the air. Think jaws.
>>
>>54577238
possibly have them kept in the dark because details are "need to know" but then thrust them into a situation where they are inextricably required to act or face a) watching innocents devoured b) being murdered c)failing their mission

Have the realization of what they're doing hit them during the event. Bonus points if they are the rookie investigator squad to find out whats going on versus the wetwork squad.

"You dont need to know what may or may live there, just observe and report"

For those that survive? Promotions!
>>
>>54582400
>>54577238
wait, does your group have any experience with ttrpg's?

If not do your original thing. If so, lead them on a little more but have a few hooks drummed up for when the engagement dips low. Asspulling something at that time can lead to headaches down the road.
>>
>>54582413
They've played dnd and had fun, yes.

>>54582400
Right, so instead of saying IT'S GHOUL PM, say "Watch this halfway house."
>>
>>54577238
Ghouls were once human, so can speak their old language, English in this case.
Ghouls are humans who have transformed due to their cannibalism, they can take the shape of people they have eaten, and if they have eaten their brains know what their meals knew.

Unless you have seasoned DG agents they shouldn't know about the truce. If you're going to have the agents liaison with a ghoul don't have them know its a ghoul, either shape shift or have it be in disguise. They get direction from their handler to meet with A Contact or something.

How do you anticipate your players will try to solve "the problem"? Guns blazing? Is that what you would like them to do? Will that really solve the problem of this happening again with the ghouls?
>>
>>54584005
Another idea could be that they are strictly ordered to observe; if they do try to do something about the ghouls then have some sort of punishment ready to drop on there heads for it.
>>
>>54586990
>Unless you have seasoned DG agents they shouldn't know about the truce. If you're going to have the agents liaison with a ghoul don't have them know its a ghoul, either shape shift or have it be in disguise. They get direction from their handler to meet with A Contact or something.
That's a reasonable and a good idea.
>How do you anticipate your players will try to solve "the problem"? Guns blazing?
Their main background is dnd
>Is that what you would like them to do?
I want them to solve it in a way that is fun for everybody
>Will that really solve the problem of this happening again with the ghouls?
Potentially. Alternatively, it could reignite the conflict. I'm not sure.

>>54592315
>Another idea could be that they are strictly ordered to observe
I'm not sure how to make that fun
>>
Not sure if OP is still around but I figure id throw in my two cents.

First contact should be something like "mutilated corpses of homeless are showing up in (area of the city) and up until now, no one has cared, but when (someone important child) was found, he sicced the (whatever agency you want on it) to find out what the hell. This got a file across the programs desk, and it showed certain similarities to another case."

So, then you throw your first time agents in. The whole point is they want someone with fresh eyes so they have no idea about the supernatural and aren't briefed on what ghouls are. They need to interview the locals, and I'd set some tense scenes in some underground sewer or access tunnels or something. Basically, hint at but don't show the ghouls for as long as possible.
>>
>>54594439
Eventually they see and maybe confront the ghiuls, escape (barely), then after they report back, their superior officer is like , well fuck, we need to go take care of this. Then they go see the "good ghouls" and find out "oh fuck, we actuallynwork with these things!?

That's a super rough outline and it needs a climax but that is how I'd run it.
>>
>>54594042
Well it would force them to come up with other ways to solve the problem other then brute force or if they do want to eliminate them they have to be more tactical about it.
>>
>>54595032
What alternatives do you suggest?
>>54594439
>>54594469
I think that a really nice gotcha could be that the party's first contact is a ghoul in disguise.
>interview locals
how do I make this fun?
>>
>>54595326
I mean that would be up to the players to come up with workarounds. If they want to eliminate the ghouls then they need to pick them off at long range, smuggle a bomb into the house in a way that cannot be traced back to them.
>>
>>54595547
Da Rules state that really only hypergeometry (magic) or explosives are going to realistically kill a ghoul in one hit, as everything else does minimum.
>>
>>54595575
Well the PC were sent there to observe i mean there is no way they could had gotten there hand's on explosives. I mean the building could had gone up in flames for any number of reasons right?
>>
>>54595703
Gas leak's good, and traditional amongst intelligence operatives.
>>
>>54595326
Good nonplayer characters and roleplay? I mean, getting clues is a pretty big part ofndelta green. My point is, they should nut find the ghouls, there should be a bit of of trail to them.
>>
>>54596557
I'm really not great at the whole GM-ing thing. Do you have any pointers for setting up such a trail?
>>
>>54596665
Not him but definitely lead up to anything and everything. Drop some bad omens, maybe a chewed up survivor who they are forced to babysit. Didn't see what hit them, maybe a blind bum from the halfway house? They can only describe the ghouls from sounds and injuries.
Maybe have some evidence of a struggle where a ghoul body part was knocked off but is still kinda functioning, perhaps a hand crawling towards the group?
Show don't tell. Have one or two false encounters and when they do meet one have it be when they are least prepared. It should be a puzzle to work with what they got instead of "roll 4 headshot"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.