[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you choose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: A Space Crusade Space Marine.jpg (16KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
A Space Crusade Space Marine.jpg
16KB, 400x332px
How do you choose which faction, race, and such to play, /tg/?

I have very fond memories of space marines from back before 40k was 40k.
Space Crusade was the biggest purchase I had made up to that time. We picked it up on the way to one of the best holidays of my childhood, where we spent a week cruising around on board a houseboat.

I play an angry dwarf in my friend's D&D game. He has little man syndrome and lacks manners, but is fiercely loyal.
Basically, an exaggerated version of myself, with flaws I felt would be good to work on.

Tell us about your choices and reasons
>>
If it's something I only want to try out, I go with aesthetics and first impression. (eg. Cryx in WMH, because they reminded me of OG Phyrexia style-wise).

If it's something I intend to play on regular, I go with competitive power as the first factor and affordability as a tie-breaker. (eg. High Elves in WHFB 7e because Teclis)

If it's something I really grow to love, I just take one of everything. (growing collection of Necromunda)
>>
>>54574300
Old Space Wolves cause they looked cool (vikings in space) guardsmen cause tanks and waves of humans in cool camo and orks cause versatility of orks
>>
I pick based on what I don't want.

Basically something you hate will rub you the wrong way twice as hard compared to something you like.

Find what's a deal breaker for you and don't compromise on it.
>>
>>54574380
>OG Phyrexia
Fuck. I hate that we have to specify now. nuPhyrexia was such a travesty, the thought that Wizards will be revisiting Dominaria soon fills me with dread.
>>
>>54575501
New phyrexia is great.
>>
>>54574300
When I first got into 40k, I was going to go with orks, but at the last second picked up Tyranids. I dodged a bullet. [Spoilers]Until they shit all over them and took away all their customization[/Spoilers]

Picked up Chaos second because Iron Warriors are the shit, and I had fun in the tail end of codex 3.5. [Spoilers]Then they shit on them too.[/Spoilers]

I still have my Chaos army but I don't play 40k any more. 8th(7th?) looks good though, so I'm happy it didn't totally go for shit.
>>
>>54576953
t. Nornfag
>>
>>54574300
I started getting really into 40k lorewise once I started husbandoing Konrad Curze, so I went with Night Lord CSM. Was kinda interested in maybe doing Dark Eldar before that.
>>
Aesthetics, always. This is why I almost play exclusively sexy sluts, dudes in huge plate, or dudes with slick outfits.
>>
File: brettonia.jpg (293KB, 1160x1600px)
brettonia.jpg
293KB, 1160x1600px
You're overthinking this.

Choose who you think looks the coolest and you'll actually enjoy painting instead of it being a chore. That comes secondary to lore and play style imho.

I first chose Fantasy Battle over 40k and chose Brettonia almost entirely based on this one pic t b h.
>>
If its for wargaming, I pick entirely based on how much I want to paint that faction. I'm committing to hours of work on the minis no matter if I like the game or not. At least this way I'm going to enjoy some part of it.

RPG characters I just go with what looks fun to play.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.