[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk to me about your one favorite, most-treasured character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 68

File: yay.jpg (78KB, 1364x715px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
78KB, 1364x715px
Talk to me about your one favorite, most-treasured character, /tg/. What's the most lovable (to you, at least) character you've ever made? What made that character so enjoyable to play and so fun to roleplay with?
>>
>>54566042
>/tg/
>playing games
>being allowed into games
>>
>>54566272

Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe /tg/ is probably full of minmaxing powergamers anyways.
>>
>>54566042
Cheerful, roustabout Cleric of Nike and her polymorphed ferret Wizard cohort. The ferret did her thinking for her, while she provided the killing and raising the dead.

One time, instead of casting Air Walk to catch up to a magical juggernaut, she had the ferret fling her via Telekinesis into it. She then bludgeoned it to death. With a greatsword. Because it wasn't adamantine and I didn't want to do the Power Attack pickaxe gimmick.

It probably helped I was shitfaced for most sessions.
>>
My gnome priest in a heavily Wow inspired long running homebrew game. Something from abilities to personality really clicked together and I've had amazing interactions with the players. I genuinely love the little guy, feels like an actual person.
>>
File: Alexis Almost Canon2 - Copy (3).png (21KB, 583x759px) Image search: [Google]
Alexis Almost Canon2 - Copy (3).png
21KB, 583x759px
Well not my favorite of all time, but the one I'm liking the most right now is a 17 year old ghost girl in a modern fantasy setting [as in, a fantasy setting that reached a 'modern' tech level, so magic exists alongside skyscrapers, smart phones, and so on]. She's trying to find a way back to life, which all the magic of the setting says is impossible [its also commonly understood that ghosts don't exist, but here we are].
>>
Was playing a goblin ratcatcher in TDE.
Kind of an Oliver Twist-esque character, always dressed in worn-out, once fancy clothes. He always sucked up to his superiors, but used everything he can to his advantage.
Our party's face was a young bounty hunter who made a name for himself in the city and we were basically his entourage. He made me stay with our half elf and told him to take care of me (like some puppy), so I made him buy me stuff regularly. At some point I moved in with our leader and lived in his basement.
He wasn't a thief per se, but he was quick and dodgy and good at sneaking about.

He had no problems licking someones boots if that meant getting what he wanted. He wasn't cruel or heartless, but he would have probably done some nasty stuff, if that meant prolonging his own life. Kind of a coward, but as long as he had someone to take a hit for him, he would act tough.

It was fun talking in a semi-gollum voice all the time. Outsmarting the others while acting all subservient also brought a lot of fun to the table.

I wont say he was too useful as a character, but I guess he filled the role of a group mascot quite well.
>>
My favorite character was my first,

Ragnok Strongarm

Raised in a ancient red's worship-cult-town-thing, he had a distinctly odd view of the world.

He was really really fun because I got to play him straight, as a generally well meaning guy who spoke common like like I speak French.

Although, one of the best parts of playing him is that my party decided I was making decisions, despite tanking INT and WIS and roleplaying it.

He learned about regular society from books the Red took in his horde. So he had a.. warped idea of several concepts.

I had a whole arc with him where he was elected honorary part of the town guard and took the chance to roleplay as a bad 80's cop movie protagonist.
>>
>>54566550
Oh! I almost forgot, I had a really stand-out combat experience with him. Basically we were being retards and it lead to this...

So we were wandering out of town into what we had all basically decided was definitely a trap and we figured the best way to get at what we were looking for was to walk in, spring it, and beat the information out of whoever we could find there.

By we decided, I mean Ragnok.

So.. after about a half dozen warning signs like " Between the crunching of twigs beneath your boots, you (Investigator) hear a high-tension wire snap."

So the party formation looks like this..
R

P P
P P

Where R is my character, and P are my bros.

Shortly afterward, a single black-clad leather armored figure confronts us. Cont.
>>
File: 1405476267880 - Copy.png (410KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1405476267880 - Copy.png
410KB, 1200x1600px
>>54566042
Wimpy weaboo faggot techie in a Cyberpunk 2020 game. Scared of getting cybernetics installed, general nervous disposition and not used to fighting, taking care of his sister and mother after losing his father to cyberpsychosis.
After interference from local gangs, he's forced to find alternative means of covering the bills and finds himself involved in crime (with the party).
Loves his family dearly, highly empathetic but bad with words.
Only got off one session before the GM realised he was too busy to run it, massive shame.
>>
>>54566042
>I had a bugbear named Wobet. He had an Intelegence of 7, had a hard time speaking common and was a bard. He had decent charisma, even with a -2 penalty and was able to compose songs that managed to not sound like crap.
>Wobet spoke with a thick lisp but played the pipes well enough to earn coin and free room and board for the party most nights (when they weren't kicked out of town because he was a bugbear).
>Notable exploits include shoving a flute down a rampaging minotaur's gullet, strangling him with it,
>accidentally playing a song of mass suggestion which resulted in the entire town square trying to eat his hands becasue he misunderstood a common phrase,
>charming the prince and running off with him for a day before the prince realized he had accidentally been kidnapped by a bugbear.
>He eventually charmed a female captain of the guard fighter npc and wedded her in a quiet ceremony. They had one child, a half bugbear (ruled as a hobgoblin) daughter and managed to live happily ever after.
>>
>>54566660

He's all haughty, which trips my trigger, but I remember his closing statement was something like... "Drop your weapons now, or be relived of them. Forcefully."

My party members (OOC) immediately start discussing whether we should or not, blahblah

Ragnok has a big problem with this. Namely, that his "weapons" are his bloodrager claws, and it seems like this guy intends to chop his arms off.

So, this triggers a few things, namely, initiative. I immediately pop my claws, start bloodraging, and DM rules thats all I get to do before we have to roll.

So im dead last in initiative pretty much, and my party members are about a hens-peck away from dropping their swords and ditching.

This doesnt get any better when the DM rolls about 6 D20s, and the characters they represent all start coming out of Invisibility all around Ragnok, the one directly in front of me becoming occupied by something the mage calls a "Shedim"

So the DM starts talking. "Ragnok, you're flanked, the Shedim sneak attacks you for.."

I reply "Holy crap, he's level 9?"
"No.. why would you think that?"
"I have Improved Uncanny Dodge, I can only be sneak attacked by rogues 4 levels higher than me."
"Oh."
cont
>>
>>54566803
So the rest of the combat basically involves Ragnok soloing what the DM intended as basically a cutscene-knockout, get dragged to the enemy base kind of thing.

Mostly by brutally abusing the rules for natural weapons as they relate to Great Cleave. The story probably doesnt translate well to text, but it was probably one of the most fun things ive done in tabletop.
>>
File: Backstory 1.png (158KB, 1320x800px) Image search: [Google]
Backstory 1.png
158KB, 1320x800px
>>54566042
I had alot of fun with this one, although it was more for the cultural lore-building the DM let me do more than the character itself.
>>
File: lorelei_maud.jpg (188KB, 916x1497px) Image search: [Google]
lorelei_maud.jpg
188KB, 916x1497px
>>54566042
Lorelei Maud
She was one of the pilots in an AdEva game, which followed the plot of the show loosely, but with a entirely new cast of humans and angels.
I loved playing her, though I wouldn't call her lovable. Her whole character revolved around having survived Second Impact from birth in some shithole country and how that colored her perception of the world, i.e. survival at *all* costs. She was a very pleasant person under most circumstances, but she'd lie, cheat and kill without hesitation if it came to her own life.
In the end she betrayed NERV, killed the other two surviving fellow pilots and blackmailed that game's Rei-equivalents into triggering Third Impact.
She's now the only surviving human on earth, with the gestalt soul (and consciousness) of all humanity as her AT-field.
>>
>>54566859
>Rei equivalents

Did they happen to be terrible ginger children? Because she looks and sounds familiar to a character in an AdEva game I was in.
>>
>>54566042
My half-orc barbarian. He was kind of that character that I'd bring to other games despite setting but this iteration of him I didn't even plan on it being. I just decided to do a random backstory generator and it more or less lined up with what I had for him just more depth and I decided to roll with it. He started off this young noble savage type character. Mother was a human noble that ran away and got with a fairly passive orc. He felt out of place since his twin was constantly praised by his clan for her martial prowess and he was the weaker one. So he decided to venture off to meet humans because they're probably more tolerable.

First session was just me and another player who had a half-elf bard. We spent 3/4ths of the session just in character and just ripping on each other. While my character was more or less trying to seek acceptance through glory, the bard wanted to make a grand story so that he'll be remembered so the two got along fairly well. The next session the party grew and really started test my character's patience. Since this campaign was almost everyone's first or second time playing DnD, 70% party decided to steal from my barbarian for the lolz since he didn't have that great wisdom. So as the game progressed he just became more and more angry with the party coming to the conclusion that talking doesn't work, the only thing people respond to is violence and the party more or less encouraged him. By the end of the campaign, he united a bunch of orc clans and conquered some human duchies since the whole land became a clusterfuck in between Demogorgon being summoned, the duke gone missing and the cleric starting a revolution in a capital which resulted in the destruction of the king and the city.

I had fun with him because it was the first time a campaign reached it's end for me. The first session of just having a nice back forth was nice and just how much shit the party got away in that game.
>>
>>54566904
Not at all, they were actually androgynous black twins.
That said, do tell about yours, that sounds interesting as well.
>>
>>54566784

Aww, that's so sweet.
>>
>>54566857

Fucking badass backstory.
>>
>>54566327

wait hold on

>Cleric of Nike
>Air Walk

What the fuck? How is a show a god in your game?
>>
>>54566042
I've played one character across a lot of different media (online, in sessions). I'm attached to him, but mostly because I know him inside out.

He's a drow who got into a cosy position with a priestess and then got soft. Eventually, she and his brother backstabbed him - literally - and left him to die. He had a near death experience in which he believed he saw Lolth save him for some higher purpose.

From there on out his only goal was to impress Lolth so she'd make him her exarch, the power of which he'd then use to kill her and steal her divinity, and in turn use that power to kill every being alive or dead.

It's not so much edginess as he just fears death so much that he sees it as the only route to guaranteeing his own immortal survival.
>>
>>54566820

Sounds like a fun ride, and definitely staying true to your character is a plus.
>>
>>54567147
Nike is the Greek god of victory.
>>
>>54566992
Huh.

So we had a polite but ruthless Second Impact female survivor in a wheelchair too; she was group mom since our OpDir was a distant man. She was like Hikari, if Hikari were a former child soldier with an encyclopedic knowledge of guns.

My character was a pair of Scottish twins/gestalt mind who saw their Rei-status as excuse to play Saint's Row III with the world. Since they had backups (and were dumb teenagers going through puberty), they though they were essentially immortal. Because of this, they did all sorts of stupid, dangerous shit. Like BASE Jumping off the Geofront, with only their nascent AT-Field protecting them. And trying to dodge bullets like The Matrix. In combat, they made Beast Mode Mari look san and had an insatiable bloodlust.

Wheelchair girl (we called her Handicapable) convinced my character to start Third Impact basically so nobody else would. My character gave her the reins, and she made the end of the Eva manga out of it. They'd fuck with her head on occasion because they missed her and were lonely conducting Instrumentality as Rei/Kaworu.
>>
File: Not sure if horrified or lul'd.gif (753KB, 200x86px) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if horrified or lul'd.gif
753KB, 200x86px
>>54567109
>TFW when Vorian only took her as an apprentice because elves live a long time and his *original* intention was to basically use her as test subject.
>>
>>54567147
>>54567186

shoe*

And oh my god, I'm fucking retarded. I'm sorry.

>>54567189

What kind "test subject"?
>>
File: bodysnatcher.jpg (110KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
bodysnatcher.jpg
110KB, 500x744px
>>54567211
The original intention was as a replacement body, but over time moved more towards trying to copy elf's longevity over into humans, because he had come to actually care about his apprentice over time.

It's worth noting, none of the particulars of this were actually up to me, which is why I didn't include them in the original story. I kinda left Vorian's motivations as a blank for the DM to fill in, and then my character uncovered them over the course of the campaign.
>>
>>54567251
Also needless to say, the first one was the one the villains of the campaign were more interested in.
>>
File: humor.gif (463KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
humor.gif
463KB, 500x282px
>>54567188
>Handicapable
>>
>>54567188
Do the AdEva rules actually work? Ive been considering running a game with them, but am unaware of anyone else who has.
>>
>>54567188
>Huh
Yeah, 'huh' seems about right. That's pretty strange.
We had:
- The two Rei-equivalents, black androgynes playd by actual twins. Basically big enigmas for most of the time, but in all honesty they just wanted an actual friend.
- A more pathetic version of Shinji, with the potential for heroics replaced by more cowardice and a penchant for petty crime.
- A Chinese child soldier with survivors guilt and a need to prove herself the best pilot ever. Think Asuka, except driven by
- A failed prototype of getting a human to exhibit AT-field control. Mostly by psychological torture. A shivering, nervous wreck for the most part.
- Wheelchair-chan, functionally the team mom by virtue of being the seemingly most well adjusted and non-neurotic of the bunch.

It was a few years ago, so maybe we share one of the players, who reused my char? Was it online or a physical game?
>>
>>54567251
>>54567286

Nice. Sounds like you and your GM have good synergy going on.
>>
>>54566042
Wild sorceress born to a barbarian chief and an enchantress, self-proclaimed 'famous adventurer,' wieldernof a magic sword that changes names every time she mentions it (completely mundane), and should have been a bard. She's a sweet, bubbly thing who loves her family, has a soft spot for kids, and has an Electra complex that could blot out the sun, much to my GM's exasperatuon ehen he introduced a barbarian tag-along DMPC for Sunless Citadel.
>>
Jebedia Ross

Gnoll Warlock

He was mid-ritual to be an avatar of Yeenaghu when paladins rolled up. They slaughtered and magicked. When Jebedia woke up, he found himself completely bereft of the destructive urges of his gnoll heritage.

In game he was never above dirty tricks. If a problem could be solved with lying, he would. Beat the BBEG by Counterspelling the guy's magic, Bestow Curse to weaken him, and then shoving the evil bastard into a Bag of Devouring.
>>
>>54567490

They work beautifully.
>>
I played a Sahuagin druid.
Carried her stuff in a barrel on her back, and every now and then filled it with water and had a nap inside. Often ate parts of dead enemies. Never wildshaped, but often savaged opponents with claws and bites.
Every time I spoke, I took a raspy, parched voice to represent the difficulty she had breathing air. I often ended up with a sore throat.
>>
Elaine Greyson, my character from a Geist game I was in a while back that was set in highschool.

Died as a result of abuse, went around attempting to reform child and wife abusers by scaring the shit out of them since she wasn't a murderer, which was a ton of fun planning and executing. Ended up killing a guy on accident. Roleplaying her reaction to that was a ton of fun as well.

Ended up as leader of the little Geist crew we developed.

I absolutely loved the npc interactions I had with this character as well. I gotta say my storyteller outdid himself in that game. The parents, the bestie, the boyfriend. Damn, that game was great, so many good roleplaying opportunities, so many good character interactions, wonderful.

Honestly the ovreally plot/of the game was kinda so-so, but all the little side details made it one of the best games I've played. I could talk for days about that game. Shame it fell apart.
>>
>>54566042
I was trying to make the most boring character I could as a joke in a persona themed game. Average at everything, no issues, normal family life high school girl. As everyone else made over the top characters with dark back stories, my gal essentially became the whole stories protagonist, building friendships with all the other pcs, slowly and naturally growing into the parties leader. It would have been a pretty standard a nine plot, but the fact it happened organically and completely unplanned in a tabletop game made her really special and everyone in that games favourite character.
>>
>>54566042
In anima beyond fantasy i had made Otto a warlock with average inteligence, thus he was only able to learn 3 spells, but he had a Light atunned Sheele as familiar (A fairy thing that is basically the personification of an element) and the teamwork was amazing. She covered me with shields and laser beams and i relentlessly stabbed our foes with my spear, and because we both had points in style and music sometimes we would sing together while the lights danced and the spilled blood flowed making the witnesses be in awe. there was also the interactions outside battle that were quite fun like teasing me for not understanding certain things and having to ask her help (There is also the part where because she had a higher Intelligence and Will stats than my character the party would joke that i was the familiar instead of her) Sadly he died because one of our players decided to be a dick and join the bad guys for no rhyme or reason but i managed to save her before i died so at least there is that.
>>
>>54566042
Small child who is occasionally posessed by an evil wizard ghost. I like getting to switch between being a semi-bratty child and being a violently abrasive shithead.
>>
>>54566678
>Only got off one session before the GM realised he was too busy to run it, massive shame.
Ugh, I know that feel so much.
>>
I was in a short-running, high power, 2 player D&D game once. The DM was great, and had cool ideas for the plot. My buddy played a human drunken master who spat huge gouts of flame (think Livens large gallery projector) when he spat alcohol. I played a storm giant who was just huge. That was his power. He was a cleric of Helm, god of Protection. He hailed from the North, but came south when he heard of an Empire spreading through the land, conquering and enslaving the tribes, villages, petty kingdoms, and free cities. He met the drunken master in a city in the Northwest, shortly before it was attacked. The two fought off the army (Like I said, high power campaign) using their fire power and fuckhueg size. I recall either sone kind of living siege engine, or some kind of mechanical titan. It was basically equivalent in power to one of us, while the rest of the small army (the city was lightly defended) was on par with the other, which made it a roughly fair fight. After some lucky rolls, the giant thing fell without much trouble (The empire evidently had a bunch of them, but the game ended due to real life stepping in), but the army proved more difficult to handle. The brewmaster got his arm shredded up wile fighting off part of the force. I hit things with a big hammer. We became the guardians of the city after that. On the giant thing, there was a huge ring, which would let my mansion sized dude become more Gregor Clegane sized. After that, he could enter the city, and interact with the inhabitants. There was a bar the size of a skyscraper there, where the two would chill in their down time, their tab paid by the city for all time.

Most of the character's interactions stemmed from him being huge at first, but as the story went on, he became more of a gentle giant; friend to most, enemy of few. The two PCs played off each other in a "by the book" cop and "disregards the rules" cop (my friend's character was CG). A lot of the fun came from that.

>tl;dr: Big guy 4u
>>
>>54566678
>NEET forced out by unpreventable circumstances
Stealing this.
>>
File: Naomi.jpg (211KB, 1572x2363px) Image search: [Google]
Naomi.jpg
211KB, 1572x2363px
Naomi Ramsey, South-facing Yin-aspected Devil-Tiger and a plain depressing human being.
I started writing her because I liked a lot of the flavor and mechanics of Kindred of the East, but resent the badly researched Magical Asian worship and the complete lack of balance with Vampire in both fluff and crunch, and one of my friends invited me to a "grab-bag" oWoD game in which the characters were rejects and freaks who banded together in a gang instead of getting themselves killed trying to find friends who weren't there.
She was a terrible person with terrifying powers, and that's why she was a fucking blast to play. A perpetual bandwagoner and hangaround who considered it her right to have friends and be loved, but yet never felt she had to try as hard as other people, she had nasty parts and just plain sad ones.
I played her as a childishly vengeful and thin-skinned person - someone rich in hubris but with no real self-confidence, who needed to be a thug, a criminal and a monster as soon as she received powers, because otherwise there'd be no way she could deal with the responsibility. Of course, she wanted friends just like anyone else - but as a spoiled and narrow-minded nearly-adult (she's 26 going on 16), she did this through trying to make herself the leader through force, afraid of having to be loved for her words instead of her deeds.
Then again, she became a Kuei-jin because of her own failures - she'd been studying in Japan for half a year to escape her failed academic history and was rapidly realizing that you can't change your own problems just by changing the country you live in, and finally ended up dying in a drunken accident when she said "fuck it" and decided to drown out her complete lack of ability to interact constructively with anyone with an irresponsible amount of alcohol. Stuck on the borderline between Happenstance and Madness, the respective Deathlords squabbled about her soul for long enough that Yu Huang could pocket it.
>>
>>54569311
As a party member, she ended up being the sometimes overly enthusiastic trailblazer, always willing to prove herself to others (and herself) with over-the-top ultraviolence and gratuitous playing cool (she once intimidated a bunch of Armenian gangers into servitude by killing their boss, inviting all of the armed men to dinner and then squeezing off two shots into her own heart before starting to talk).
All in all, she was a tiny, tiny shadow of a good person underneath a hard shell of compensation, denial, unreasonable expectations, excessive competitiveness, thin-skinned aggression and exhibitionistic showiness.
Kuei-jin have some measure of influence over their powers, because their P'o is partly their subconscious and because Chi use (and thus the Disciplines that come naturally) is defined partially by preference - so it says a lot that with all these Magical Asian powers to learn, Naomi's role in the party was muscle, even considering we had a literal motorcycle-riding were-grizzly survivalist in our party. Aside from turning into a ten-foot winged asura with a motherfucker of a sword, moving scarily fast and being able to throw anything that wasn't nailed down, Naomi's most sophisticated abilities all revolved around "how do I kill something I can't hit", the answer to which is "learn enough Yin Prana to be able to kill ghosts, then focus on Demon Arts".
I find it incredibly fucking fun to play the characters that roleplayers would be, not who they want to be.
>>
>>54566042
Shiny Chariot a shit
>>
Dario Faradrel, a rogue/master spy in a pathfinder campaign. Started as an orphan, picking pockets with a sorcerer friend, until he got caught by a member of a smuggler's guild and invited to join. A no-nonsense smuggler's guild leader (on the city-scale; the guild spanned the continent) who was forced to act as a spy's guild for a holy army planning on stopping the demon who had planned to tear the boundary between the material plane and hell apart. Wound up tricked into becoming the high priest of another demon who didn't want that particular boundary gone, and had to balance hiding infernal rituals and the creeping demoniac influence in his organization - even though his patron was, arguably, a good guy - while still working with the army. Really interesting to roleplay.
>>
File: chef_boyardee.jpg (80KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
chef_boyardee.jpg
80KB, 261x400px
>>54566042

Roy Ardy, the teenage chef and Commoner class. Conscripted by the army and loaned to the players to be their support staff, Roy was in charge of feeding 40 men a day. Roy was fun to play because he wasn't a hero and in fact I was the weakest link of the team which my friends gave me grief about (I was going to take straight 10s in all my stats but my DM made me roll stats). I had to find ways for Roy to punch above his weight and keep up with the party and so that too was fun experience in seeing how a commoner can keep up with player classes. Roy's list of deeds include:

- Killing a soldier with his butcher's knife
- Starting a forest fire by accident with an Alchemist Fire
- Destroyed a giant crystal filled with ghosts with an Alchemist Fire
- Joined the army's contraband smugglers
- During a chase scene kept a pack of Barghests off the back of the rearguard wagons with Alchemist Fires
- Exemplified the trope of "don't mess with the guy that handles your food"
- Turned an oracles jade divination bowl into his wok
- Created a mason jar ration filled with noodles and sauce
- Outran a TPK
>>
File: Hnnngngng.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Hnnngngng.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>54569401
>>
>>54566042
I actually enjoy playing sane, mindful and agreeable people. My favorite character was a half-elf enchanter in AD&D who always tried the diplomatic approach first, giving before taking, defusing instead of escalating, talking instead of fighting. In his time off he painted and jewed people out of their money without them feeling worse for it, and when things got heated, he tried to avoid killing or doing irreversible harm.

He single-handedly changed the course of our campaign twice when I decided to solve grievances by compromise and negotiation instead of just wiping out the opposition, and he left the world a better place than he found it.

DM threw a drow waifu at him when he didn't know how to handle the massive amounts of mediation going on.
>>
Mariella Caravelli, highwaywoman and thief in a PF game. She was nineteen and a noble girl who sneaked out of her mansion, found out that poor people existed and tries to help them by giving out her own riches as well as stealing trinkets from other nobles.

She was incredibly sheltered and optimistic, with a passion for baking and reading about big heroes. Everyone thought she was pretty dumb, but she had book smarts and a lot of passion around the things she was interested in. She also really enjoyed baking and baked goods. The adventure we were playing involved all of us getting blackmailed or somehow wronged by a gangster, and then slowly becoming heroes of a city sliding into revolution and chaos (Curse of the Crimson Throne splat). This basically meant a lot of crying and being terrified, and she never killed another sentient being instead preferring to use a sap and trickery. She did a lot of sweet things for people and was generally a ray of terrified sunshine.

>Adopted a tiny pseudo-dragon after rescuing them from a gangster, later adopted three tiny piglets who were meant to be used as a football in an horrific bloodsport.
>Fell in love with a priest who she accidentally revealed to be involved in some conspiracy. He was kicked out of the church and lost a hand and foot.
>She later supported him when he became an angry revolutionary and he forgave her when she baked him cookies and volunteered to help him in an attempt to impress.
>Admired the massive sword swinging knight lady in the party who proceeded to have a sort of mother-daughter relationship.
>Learnt mage hand and some basic magic in an attempt to learn how to do card tricks that her boyfriend was tricking her with, she did not realize there was no magic involved in his tricks.
>Stole perfume and then shared it with the party because the clerk was mean, and baked the party cake in celebration after major victories.

Basically, I played a cute girl and it made me feel cute /tg/.
>>
>>54566042
A DMPC (since Im a forever GM) giant named P'Tar. He was convinced that a giant without a home was uncivilized, and so wherever they would go he would build basic shelters and attempt to set up an elaborate mockery of a human house, complete with putting up window frames where there were no walls. His most famous moment came when the party attempted to barter with a roving clan of giants, who P'Tar obviously thought little of. Our mercenary huckster tried to teach them the concept of investment or deferred payment. When they didnt understand, P'Tar acted like he did, even though he didnt either. He went on to spin a number of lies about the "amount of investment he had" and how anybody without investment was a fool. Basically a laundry list of things that made it clear he had no idea what the word meant.
>>
File: Christie.png (419KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Christie.png
419KB, 1440x1440px
>>54566042
An NPC called Christabella Lamel, daughter of the party's main quest giver. Not a very unique character by any means but she was very enjoyable.
Basically the campaign was a bloody intrigue game with murders, bribery and betrayal galore. But she was basically Yotsuba if her dad was sketchy aristocrat.
The party fist met her when she was trying to retrieve a toy from a shelf and dropped something. The proceeding smash interrupted her dad's monologue.
She was a bright ray of sunshine in a morally grey setting. Also worked as a good foil to the Lawful Evil warlock in the party who had to babysit her sometimes.
Like I said, not very unique and challenging, but a good time was had by all involved.
>>
>>54566042
Maw. A giant Saltwater Crocodile-man from a friend's homebrew pirates game.
18 feet from tip to tip, 10 feet tall standing, a massive, naturally armored, wall of muscle and teeth. Hated British sailors with a passion because they massacred a village of Salties.
Only slightly more intelligent than Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Loyal to a fault to his captain, a Haitian Voodoo priest who freed him and his brother from slavery under the French.
Legit adored anything young and/or female, and got overly protective of them, though once it bit the group in the ass.
The child he initially approached to try to help turned out to be a necromancer looking to kill the party. He couldn't understand that, though, so when the female Salty of the crew killed the necrololi, he flipped shit and hit her, which provoked his like-minded brother into attacking him. The captain had to settle things by nailing them both with lighting to shock some sense back into them.
He also accounted for twelve doors and a wall in a haunted mansion, because he wasn't smart enough to perceive them while he was chasing a ghost captain. The wall put an end to his rampage.
His shining moment came when the group left that mansion, though. The captain, despite usually sound judgement, torched the haunted mansion, which was also possessed by the ghost of a little girl who had been violently murdered in it. Said ghost went full banshee mode and started chasing the group. Halfway to the ship, Maw stopped, and faced the banshee.
She shrieked at him, he toughed it out, and bellowed back at her. Then he hugged her, and told her that her mama was waitin' for her on the other side, an' there ain' no pain there, an' she should go ta her mama.
Last thing he saw as she faded was a cheerful smile mouthing the words "thank you."
He had found a picture of the girl in the mansion. He got her portrait etched into his chest scales, right on a scar over his heart.
>>
File: Ghost Hugger.png (898KB, 1524x690px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Hugger.png
898KB, 1524x690px
>>54570523
He also had a best pal. A Cephalid(squid-person) named Q.
Q was a tinkerer with a penchant for making things that were roundabout-killy, like a blunderbuss/umbrella whose ribs could flip forward into a macerator.
Well, since Maw was the head of the Boarding party, Q decided to experiment. He built a saddle/howdah for Maw that fit on his upper body, and had a Gatling gun attached to it, so he could shoot while Maw punched. It actually worked pretty well.
>>
>>54570523
That is...*cries* so beautiful...I want to hug that guy...
>>
Joker. Warforged Fighter in an Eberron campaign, named jokingly by his former platoon because of his ultra serious nature.

I just fucking love robots/androids/AI, and throughout the course of the campaign I was able to develop his emotions and explore some theory of consciousness stuff.

All of this was before the Westworld series, which is basically a wet dream show for me even without Evan Rachel Wood's glorious tits.
>>
>>54570603
Yeah, when I was describing the actions I wanted to take to the GM, I was tearing up a little, too.
But when he described the girl as looking like she had been torn apart, and when I found the picture of her and her mom smiling happily, I knew that Maw would do anything his pea-brain could think of to help that little girl move on. And when he got into that mindset, nothing short of his own death would stop him.
>>
File: anoush expressions.jpg (95KB, 834x668px) Image search: [Google]
anoush expressions.jpg
95KB, 834x668px
>>54566042
Street urchin who got adopted by an old martial artist when she impressed him by successfully picking his pocket.

She's confident and smug and sassy, and earnestly believed that the martial arts she was taught made her invincible. She was devastated to learn otherwise, but it was a growing experience for her.
>>
Well...Maybe I could mention my cowarldy metal dragon

He is a failed experiment of some sort (not sure what kind himself), with him resulting as a humanoid dragon with metal plates for skin, instead of usual scales

He grew up in the sewers, together with his only real friend - cowardly gnoll, that got lost in the place just as he was

Grew up to become sort of fighter, but was still quite uneasy with people, only one helping with that was a kobolds actor (one of the players), who befriended him, but looking kind of similar to him.

So his cutest flaw has to be that he is a bit scared of talking with women, leading to this hulking dragon, hiding behind a kobold, who ended up as bravest creature in the party
>>
I had a handful of characters in the same family that were pretty good fun.

The first was the Goliath Barbarian.
>Originally left his home on top of the giant mountain that also houses cloud giants and such.
>Figured that he'd done everything worth doing up there, should at least go see what's going on down there.
>Ended up encountering all of the short people, including one that dressed up very nicely.
>The nicest-dressed one in the first village he visited turned out to be a loudmouth, and got his shit slapped for it.
>Character ended up being hailed as a hero to the commonfolk for beating the shit out of a cruel nobleman, who put out a ridiculously huge bounty on him.
>Adventuring and occasionally finding himself beset by bounty hunters and mercenaries ever since.

Then the Goliath Knight.
>Noticed that his brother went missing some time ago.
>Got into a scuffle with harpies, ended up finding out that they saw him heading down the mountainside.
>sonofagoddamnedbitch.tapestry
>Head down as well to fetch him.
>First village he came to, a bunch of goblins were attacking.
>More or less ignore them, because they're not bothering him.
>Stumble across some squawking asshole, no idea what he's saying.
>Asshole points at goblins
>Character shrugs, goes and crushes some of them to make the rest go away
>Asshole is so grateful, he uses his nobleman status to grant him a fiefdom, title, armor, greatsword, and so on.
>Sent forth as a knight-errant to right wrongs in the kingdom, find his brother, and occasionally get beset by mercenaries and bounty hunters that mistake him for some other goliath

And the Father.
>Character notices both of his sons have wandered off of the mountainside.
>Fetches his fancy cane and hide armor
>Hobbles down after them, shooing harpies and gryphons off of his lawn
>Gets all the way to the first village at the base of the mountain before realizing he forgot his coinpurse
>Mugs some shitheel nobleman and carries on with his search for his boys
>>
>>54567697
Do not listen to this man, he is a cuck.

>>54567490
They are absolutely god awful.
>>
>>54566042
Occultist.
Battle archetype.
Grandfather's glaive, makes spooky sounds, Evocation and Divination effects.
He wears armor and can fight, but not so well the fighter and ranger are outclassed.
He was intelligent, but innocent. Worked with stone and wood at the village windmill with the Washerwomen, who nettled him ineccessantly. Respectful, shy. Thought being a town guard was the highest achievable honor. Rube.
Told by his recluse Grandfather to respect Gnomes, so he did almost to a fault.
I originally thought I was just making a cusp-of-manhood character, but it ended up being hilarious. He was tricked over and over, but I think the enemies thought he was too dumb to kill, and a potentially useful too.
I accidentally hit on some potent rp shit that amused me greatly. Why do I like this....
>>
>>54566042
Probably it was a really shitty character I made for a forum RP board, who became so utterly polarizing that he sent the mods in an orgy of fratricidal banning each other and ultimately caused the site to collapse.

Corgatha Taldorthar, you were a magnificent bastard, even if mostly for out of character reasons.
>>
>>54570681
This inspired me to make my next games character a bit like this corc - even if mine has to be an old guy dragonborn
>>
File: Maw.png (172KB, 587x611px) Image search: [Google]
Maw.png
172KB, 587x611px
>>54571199
It matters not what type of scales you have, anon. Only that you use them to shield the smiles of the innocent.
Shame I suck at drawing, HeroMachine's the best I can do to capture his looks.
>>
>>54566042
Probability my Giant halfling (basically abnormal sized person) bard named Bungo.
His main game goals in life is to just have a good time. In one of the sessions I played with him, I got a chalice that can have any liquid poor from it endlessly. So I spent 3 turns just pooring out vodka instead of helping my group.
>>
>>54566042
>WFRP 2ed
Karrik, dwarf shieldbreaker from Karaz-A-Karak. Uncommonly tall (for a dwarf), stout and unyelding, he travelled the Empire looking for his uncle, who has taken the Slayer Oath.
Karrik was proud, strong and stubborn, but on his travel managed to befriend an old Runesmith and even forge a sort of friendship with an elf. He never backed down from a fight, soaking enough damage to kill any other member of the party without flinching. He endured the attacks of three Chaos Warriors without taking a single wound of damage, killing two of them and wounding the other enough that one of his companions could finish him off, and with his friends stopped Sunterz Klaukerzon from bringing Orcmas to the world
This is maybe the best way to describe him: Karrik endures
>>
File: Weak One.png (2MB, 1836x3082px) Image search: [Google]
Weak One.png
2MB, 1836x3082px
>>54571227
If you don't mind, I would to try to use my skills to draw him

(Pic to show the level of skill...)
>>
>>54571299
I mean, sure. If you're willing.
Some details.
>Currently albino, due to voodoo screwup
>Large splash-shaped scar on his chest, over his heart, where he took a Blunderbuss point-blank.
>Only wears Leather Breeches now, as the same Voodoo that turned him albino thickened his hide considerably.
>Tattoo is centered in scar, no real detail is needed.
>Limb length is similar to heromachine, torso is definitely broader, though not by too much.
>head is standard Crocodile, as his race were originally crocs, just uplifted by Voodoo mutation.
>Ratio of jaws to tail to height is 1:3:4, he stands 12ft high now, so 9ft of tail, jaws are ~3ft long.
You need anything else?
>>
>>54571502
Yup, gonna give it a shot - should have what to show either later today or tomorrow
>>
Dirk diggler, gentleman adventurer. He always thinks on his feet and manages to outsmart gm bullshit. He's a smug bastard, flamboyantly over the top and is always focused on how to get max loot and power for the party. Last time I played him, I convinced the party to rob the kings feast we were at and took the princess hostage when the gm started to try to put us back on rails. A couple sessions later I was covered in blood, roaring at the shocked knights after killing a prince in a duel for the princesses hand in marriage. The gm stopped the campaign after he walked into the throne room, called theking dad and then sat on the throne saying "I am king now."

The other party members always ask me to play diggler anytime they want to wreck a gms railroad. Mechanically, he's just a high cha/dex fighter with the skilled feat or a bit of rogue. since he gets declared party leader each time though, it's hard for a gm to stop him. No one ever believes that he's straight nuetral evil though.
>>
>>54567564
Online game.
>>
File: Good People Card.jpg (32KB, 336x476px) Image search: [Google]
Good People Card.jpg
32KB, 336x476px
>>54571536
>>
File: 90ff498dee71803d14d5db8133850cb1.jpg (128KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
90ff498dee71803d14d5db8133850cb1.jpg
128KB, 720x1024px
>>54566042

The one I just made is right up there with my favorites, I think, though I haven't gotten to play her yet.

It's a victorian gothic horror setting, party of vampire hunters. She's a gypsy tiefling bard who plays the acoustic guitar. I've put together a long playlist of ambient acoustic tracks for her to use in game, many pulled from the Diablo II soundtrack that I think really add to the atmosphere.

She has a tarot deck, and can use it to discern a shadow of coming events. Being a tiefling with the devil horns and everything, she's kind of embraced the stigma and enjoys making people uncomfortable with it - does things like wear a stolen crucifix or the outfit of a nun while singing lyrics in Infernal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukHhQBRpEfo&list=PLns3ckfmswkXaA-FmTRnxxuBY86e-qgFa&index=3
>>
File: Maw.png (6MB, 2462x2062px) Image search: [Google]
Maw.png
6MB, 2462x2062px
>>54571502
Just the first sketch - just showing that I am working on that.
>>54572042
Thank you?
>>
>>54566042
Not from a tabletop game, but some of the characters I had the most fun playing were in SS13.
One was Mister Shaffer, a bartender who was in his late 80s. His face was incredibly worn, and shaped not quite unlike a bean. His moustache was always properly cared for, although most of the hair on the top of his hair was gray and falling out. As he was getting on in years, his mind was going a little bit, so he wasn't sure about exactly how he came to work for Nanotrasen as a bartender, but he was happy to have something to do none the less. Whenever someone came to the bar he'd always be happy to have their company and have a discussion with them, and if they asked he simply made up a story about where he was from and what he had done with his life, which could be anything from being an explorer, the lawrence of space arabia, or just a museum curator. It was also very fun to play him during emergency, as he was an old man who couldn't run and also had no EVA training (or had forgotten it) and so the crew had to help him out any time something went horribly wrong.
There was one time a pair of drunk engineers strapped him to a rolling chair to run away from the singularity.
>>
File: For reference.png (1MB, 1024x870px) Image search: [Google]
For reference.png
1MB, 1024x870px
>>54572427
Just lengthen the snout about... 25%, maybe.
And bring the tat a little closer to the center of his chest.
Other than that, you're on the right track.
>>
>>54572620
Ok, i will get to that then.
>>
>>54572737
Again, much obliged.
>>
File: Maw.png (468KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
Maw.png
468KB, 919x688px
So did few minor changes, as you said - not sure if it came out right
>>
>>54569311
>>54569374
>envy
You got an email? I want you on my shortlist for players in future games. Just invitations- no obligation.
>>
File: Sulfur Saurians.png (246KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
Sulfur Saurians.png
246KB, 500x230px
>>54572883
No, no. It's pretty on the money. Like I said, I've never gotten his looks down pat on a medium other than the limited capabilities of Heromachine.
The only, and I stress ONLY, nitpick I have right now is maybe make him slouch a tad. Like, somewhere between what you've got and the leftmost Saurian in this pic.
>>
>>54572976
Yeah I can see that, gonna see if i could do that, not too sure if I get from first try, but I will try
>>
>>54572976
>>54573070
Well - dang it, will need to throw out the first one, it's not really possible to change stance, without redoing whole thing
>>
>>54573147
Ooof, that's the one thing I was afraid was going to happen when I mentioned the stance change. Sorry.
>>
File: croc.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
croc.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54573169
This what I managed to salvage out of what was left
>>
>>54573213
Nice. Great work for a rough, and in so quick a time.
>>
>>54573261
All that might be still be done, would be to wait for morning for better lightning and maybe using black pen to make it look a bit better
>>
File: Emperor's Seal of Approval.png (85KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's Seal of Approval.png
85KB, 350x350px
>>54573301
Hey, I understand, man. Honestly, the rough is already a great thing to me. Whatever else you do is above and beyond.
>>
File: 1501220316642.jpg (667KB, 2445x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1501220316642.jpg
667KB, 2445x1392px
>>54566042
None because my group seems to be allergic to the RP part of RPGs.
>>
>>54573418
Ohh...I know the feeling...I wish I could help
>>
>>54573331
Welp, if this thread lives until tomorrow, I might have a better quality picture of the sketch
>>
>>54573433
It's a long-standing group of friends that has only recently started to play tabletop. I blame that, mainly, because rather than trying to get invested in the game everyone is just trying to make each other laugh or "break" the game mechanically.

It doesn't help that our GM is kinda incompetent. But we've all sorta realized that and now are doing a few weeks of oneshots run by everyone else to see if someone else likes it. Maybe things will look up from there.
>>
File: 1462687668391.jpg (112KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
1462687668391.jpg
112KB, 1024x541px
Favorite is the one I play now. A teenage girl who escaped from slavery earlier this year. She doesn't know her parents and was "raised" by other slaves. They were owned by an art and book forgery group though, not like hard labor slavery, so she's literate and even has a lot of knowledge about fables and fantasy from the books read.

When she got her freedom, she didn't know what to do with herself. The world rushed into her life suddenly, sine she was used to one basement mostly. So she did the only thing she knew. She emulated the heros she read about in the books she ordered to copy.

She became a cleric of Sarenrae, who she attributed to freeing her sine her chains just fell off one night.

I have to find out if it was actually divine intervention or just rusty locks. The DM said he would work that into the plot.

She naively joined up with an adventuring group (the other players) when they said they're out to do good in the world, and things are mostly going well so far. No one would lie about that, right? Just to have a healer who doesn't ask for much around?

It's been great fun so far. It's nice making a sorta underpowered character mechanically, but with a fun backstory and reason for it. Reading about casting spells and going on adventures doesn't actually prepare you, and mundane stuff like camping and realistic fights are difficult for her, even though she is quite skilled at healing, and being inspiring with her speeches she learned from the bard storybooks.
>>
>>54573803
That picture is kind of cute - I need to make that an npc for my next campaign...
>>
File: 1351154314722.png (26KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
1351154314722.png
26KB, 280x200px
That'd probably just be my first character. He's in a campaign that started years ago that should have just been a test, but it's still been going on at a dead snail's pace. Just some ginger farmboy that forced himself into the local militia as a kid, moved on up into the infantry of the country's army, then got cursed by some sorta demon into being pretty much permanently impatient. Pretty stereotypical as far as that campaign goes.

My favorite part about him though is 'cause there was this long-ass stint between the campaign, like at least six months, and when I looked at my sheet later I realized I put all my monster loot on my features instead of in my inventory (because I had way too much shit, I assume.) To make this actually work, I just stated that rather than hold it in his backpack, he would just sew it onto his armor, to showcase his achievements or some sorta shit. So now, he's some crazy fucker with a living sword, smelling like death that can be attributed to the ogre ears and middle fingers, yes, but also to the rotting goblin corpse that is now situated on his shoulders (don't ask why this fucker had a corpse on him, because there's no answer.)
>>
File: 1494626558224.jpg (266KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494626558224.jpg
266KB, 850x1200px
>>54574039
Yes she's super cute. Her game is really good too.

She's my waifu
>>
>>54566042
I had a paladin that lost their arm, and that ended up being a pretty major part of their character and made them unique from the characters I had made before - they were brash, somewhat snappy, and had a few complexes because of it. They had problems with others - something that rarely happened since my past characters were blandly agreeable - but also had a good side once they worked past getting stuck up about the proper way of doing things. I never got to play them as much as I wanted, but sometimes that's how life goes.
>>
>>54567251
Source on the image?
>>
So one character I did enjoy, was one armed and one legged gnoll death cleric

She is not strong in any way, but she showed quite a bit of luck and now, even if she is about as good as a zombie - but I love her for her gallows humour

Also now I am searching for a place where she could get a replacement limbs
>>
File: WHAT I FUCKING PLAYED.jpg (63KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT I FUCKING PLAYED.jpg
63KB, 600x668px
I mostly remember him because he was the first character I've ever played a full campaign with.

>powerful demigod, son of a trickster god
>banished to mortal realm because of prophecy stating I would kill my grandfather, with most of my power sealed away somewhere in lower planes
>resort to lies, illusions, telepathy, intrigues to get my power back
>become quite good at it, albeit become kinda addicted to lying
>work for myself only
>meet qt druid and her friends working for some hero guild or sth
>I start working with them to use them later
>the druid gets powerful fire elemental as an familiar and inner friend, who allows her to teleport to any fire she sees
>we combo it with my telepathy, making great trojan horse duo: I use deception to get inside, find some fire and let her bring the heavy hitters

>campaign later, I kinda grew softer and kinder, but regained some of my power
>fuck this pantheon shit, it looks like semi-mortal life is cool too
>life has a new meaning
>finally go on a quest not for my own gain, but to take the druidess on a date afterwards
>gm was like lol_nope.jpg

>two sessions later I gave my old, dying divine grandfather honourable death in duel, swam against tides of time to save divine sister of mine from death and most importantly, followed my druidess to elemental plane of fire, where she and her fire elemental (ex-ruler of the plane) were trying to stop ifrits from stealing power of dying godess of sun
>in the end, I became the new god of sun and good, she became the new ruler of the elemental plane of fire and friendly paladin led our wedding ceremony barbossa style
>do you know what is the best in all of these?
> I inadvertently recreated the lyrics of my favourite song ever

>in the trail of fire we were free again
>in the end we have become one
>in a trail of fire I would burn before she would bury me
>I set my sights for the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5wlU7RQHAU
>>
Does 5e have a Bloodied mechanic?
>>
>>54574386
Welp I know how I am using animated dolls next time
>>
File: Count Jules.jpg (217KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Count Jules.jpg
217KB, 2000x2000px
>>54566042
Count Jules, a young noble kicked out by his family because of dubious reasons as to why he freed an elf gladiator and had her become his personal bodyguard.
That wasn't the first time he had done it either, when he was a teenager and snaked out of the estate towards the town center, he saw an elf slave girl around his age, thought she was pretty, and freed her. His parents didn't know what to do so they adopted her into the family.

In his adventures, he went from a snob and a womanizer to a paladin of justice, since he believed the holy relic sword he and the other party members rescued "chose" him. He also led a militia to successfully defend their town from a massive dark forest invasion.

I'm a forever GM, so I don't get to be a single character very often, but I absolutely loved this one.
>>
Johnny "Hands" Marcone

>Friend wants to play short horror game. Doesnt tell us what its based on, just that we have to have a reason to be on a cruise ship

>I decide to play a drug mule. Usually i play noble warriors or crafty mages. This time i just want to play a petty criminal, not even a particularly useful one. I dont want to be That Guy & make a police officer or high ranked crewman, or anyone with a bit of authority or useful skill. Another player also wanted to play a criminal, a vin deisel kinda guy who is a useful. Cool bro, Ill be your sidekick. He's the drug dealer/runner & Im the mule. We are got on the cruise ship because customs wont be as hard. GM has us roll a seight of hand to conceal guns if we want them. We both succeed, I actually end up wih the bigger gun, because my check was better.

>Short run down of the other players
>Me, Shitty lowlife drug mule
>Crime guy my guy answers to/is friends with (Named Dom)
>Captain's daughter played by a That Girl
>Engineer crewman
>Rich daddy's girl
>A guy i can best describe as a middle aged used car salesman that isnt successful. I cant remember what he actually did as a profession, but just picture a kinda balding man in a bad suit. (the player did not aim to play this kind of character, he tried to play an older sensible genuinely nice dude. It just came off wrong)
>& another dude, who is just way too forgettable

>Game starts with us getting on the boat & what not, some of our characters run into each other & such. Me & Dom take some drugs, & go down to a party the ship is having, I hit on slutty chicks wih daddy issues & they follow us up to our rooms for drugs & sex. Nothing much else happens
>That night, the ship gets boarded by Somali pirates.
>Thefucktheseniggersdoingonmyboat.jpg
>We grab our pistols, tell the sluts to be quiet
>See a pirate with an AK47 coming down our hall
>'Murica.gif
>Pirate's now dead, guess who's got a new machine gun?

Part 1/?
>>
>>54576728
>We have a great time & continue to kill & loot, picking up some grenades & guns & more ammo
>Get to the main deck, & see pirates up on the bridge/helm/whatever you call it where the boat is piloted
>Too many seamonkeys up there to not risk getting shot
>lightbulb.pdf
>I toss a grenade
>Open mouths around the table
>Grenade makes spagetios of the pirates
>All the other passengers come up out of hiding, everyone sees the dead pirates. The sad salesman player starts accusing us of murder, saying we killed the captain (his body was found in the destroyed bridge wih the pirates)
>Johnny (me) gets offended starts saying how we are heros! We saved the ship! The captain was already dead, the pirates shot him, totally! We're big damn heros! Etc
>Salesman cant get enough support of the crowd so he gives up. Tries to talk to other party members to get them to turn against us
>Johnny & Dom retire to the officers room in victory
>We run the ship now cause we have the guns
>CharileSheen's house party.exe
>So that day passes with us in control of the ship & more booze, drugs & sex but there is a storm on the horizon
>Wait no, there is a literal storm about to hit the boat
>>
>>54577023
Ill post more if there is interest
>>
File: d298a0dddad74a991589c4221a268cf6.png (155KB, 1122x714px) Image search: [Google]
d298a0dddad74a991589c4221a268cf6.png
155KB, 1122x714px
>>54566042
My favorite character to play was Hassahn the minotaur who was a servant to Master Suileiman who was a djinni in our group's monster campaign in D&D 5e. Hassahn was a big stupid lovable oaf with blind loyalty to his shifty and shady master. They both ran a traveling merchant cart where they'd go around trying to sell low quality items as fantabulous treasures to idiots abroad. Hassahn was used to pull the cart, which carried the entire party, and when needed he was the muscle. Hassahn was by far the luckiest character I have ever played. He started getting a reputation as a beat stick because I'd roll crits several times in the same session and when we'd roll for health on level up I'd almost always roll close to max.

Hassahn was the most fun I've ever had playing a character because I could be stupid and silly and it made several of the people laugh. When he ended up getting a lot of money by drawing a card from the deck of many things, he decided to try and use that money to build a zoo, since he loved animals. It's a shame the campaign fell apart toward the end. I really miss playing this character and I've been wondering how to bring him back in another campaign since he was a minotaur and most of our group doesn't want to play 5e anymore.
>>
I refuse to let this thread just die.
>>
File: Kuo-toa-5e.jpg (42KB, 564x755px) Image search: [Google]
Kuo-toa-5e.jpg
42KB, 564x755px
A Kuo-Toa NPC named Blorb. I made the setting before the campaign and threw him in as a joke character when the party sought to kill a Sea Hag in an underground lake, and everyone liked him so much and I had so much roleplaying him I decided that once the Hag was gone he'd be free to walk around the outside world (since it's permanent Twilight in the setting). Lo and behold he kept popping up with his weird mannerisms and shenanigans, and eventually took over a magic item shop while the owners left on buisness. He regularly bumbles up anything his Bosses tell him and the party are going to him every time they're in town. He's a good guy. Also helps I can do whatever weird shit I want because their so insane and alien
>Oh! Oh! Heroes! Look at what Blorb can do!
>horrible crunching, bones bending, flesh bulging and readjusting
>Party flipped out
>Finishes up, stares at them with his fishy eyes for a good minute.
>Haha! Blorb is female now!
>Party: ??????????
He's been responsible for some great laughs.
>>
>>54572933
ribulmaster gmx com
The post filter thinks closed parentheses are spam, but you can fill in the blanks.
I have a nearly-fulltime job, so my times aren't all that flexible, and I'm mainly available late afternoons and evenings Europe hours on weekdays.
I will bite on most any World of Darkness game, though (Werewolf and Mummy excepted), even if I do like the old one a lot better than the mess that is the new one.
>>
>>54569401

fuck you man. she's, like, the best character in the show after the first cour
>>
File: 1473056342339.png (665KB, 827x482px) Image search: [Google]
1473056342339.png
665KB, 827x482px
>>54578857
Sounds like a fun, alien character, but I cannot read 'Kuo-Toa' without thinking 'Ko-Toa.'
>>
>>54571044
seconding this anon. They used to be kind of good, but whenever someone finds a way to have fun or otherwise be good at the game in a way aside from being a snarling vortex of misery and despair, the creators nerfed it. I had an adeva game I ran for about a year, and watched the devs systematically gut any mechanic that let the players succeed against space biomech bullshit. Also played as written adeva is (or rather was) giant robot extension cord simulator 2015.

I ended up just ignoring most of the rules errata changes and made my own stuff up on the fly because the alternative was running the no fun allowed version of the game black mesa janitor insisted on.
>>
>>54566042
Timilian Vanderson of House Vander was a blue-blooded warlock that obsessed over cleanliness, courtesy, and manners. When there weren't any battles to fight, Timilian would often be seen using prestidigitation to mend his clothes or the unseen servant to caryy shit around for him. He wasn't over-the-top with that mentality, because he was regularly humbled by the circumstances our DM put him in.

He was my first formal character, and I enjoyed playing him a lot.
>>
File: 1494176392661.jpg (19KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494176392661.jpg
19KB, 646x720px
>>54580182
> posting BIONICLE
>>
>>54575475

Wrong thread. However, to answer your question, I don't think it does. My main DM never uses it and I haven't really seen a feature for it during the time I've spent reading the DMG. You could probably homebrew it in.
>>
>favorite, most-treasured character
Boisterous oni tiefling inquisitor with a fascination with monster hunting.
>What's the most lovable (to you, at least) character you've ever made?
He was just pure Not!Asia distilled into a good character, consistently tried to get supplies/knick-knacks that felt like home while on his journey (like tea)
He has a huge issue with mental manipulation magic, and has huge commitment issues, both related to his family. He ran away from an arranged marriage between some demon-worshiping nobles and his own family, and while he actually loves his fiance, he ran away from the engagement to join the Pathfinders, and experience other environments without people tripping over themselves in fear or deference.
>What made that character so enjoyable to roleplay?
He felt really fleshed out, and it felt like how to act as him just clicked into place, despite only having a framework of the basic character before, of "Oni guy with big sword who likes straight battle" when I thought of him at first. His intimidation factor was less bestial than one would think for someone with demon ancestry and more imperial "I literally can't even think of you not doing what I say and you're ridiculous for thinking otherwise"
He basically ended up a bit like a 7' 4" professor porter/Nigel Thornberry (thanks to the DM) that wasn't shy with tossing around beatdowns and magical healing to those who deserved either, now that I think of it.
He carried the party a lot. Literally. Some of them kept getting knocked out via combat, but we couldn't stay and rest, or they just weren't strong enough to climb where as he could carry them+most their shit. Also had a lot of language/investigational skills.
There was just a lot of "oh, didn't know we needed this, how is your character managing to fill this niche we didn't know we needed so well" It felt really good to manage to interact with a group that made every character feel special, even the NPCs.
>>
I still need to finish picture of the Maw. This thread needs to survive.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_103506193.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_103506193.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>54573331

Here it is in slightly better lighting.

I could do one more thing to improve it though - I could line pencil with a black pen to increase contrast, if you wish.
>>
I currently have this character in two campaigns, she's a blind monk that studies the way of the four elements. Now I'm used to having characters with some edge like my fighter princess that is bent on revenge or my inquisitor that punishes anyone that tarnishes Gorum's name...but this monk was different.
Just a simple wood elf that spent the majority of her free time in nature's presence. She was very talented when it came to painting, in fact she became very well know due to her landscaping portraits. Her family became wealthy and was accepted among the nobility, life was well. Unfortunately one day she woke up...and the world was no longer beautiful. Her parents packed up and wasted away the money she earned, and shortly was casted away from nobility. As if the world was crashing down, the sounds of nature and its presence helped guide her. She spent her days isolated in the woods trying to adapt to her new struggle, turning towards meditation and the focusing of ki. She honed her abilities and became more aware of her surroundings without being able to see, taking control of the elements that were nearby. Thanks to the DM, I have tremorsense and can focus in on individuals' ki.
When it comes to roleplaying, I find it refreshing just being a character that joined the adventure to just improve her skills. Her main goal is to try and see the beauty of life like she once had, and ultimately prove that she can function in society without being like the rest. Despite her blindness, she tends to lead the group or be the first person to check new areas out (her reasoning being that she won't be scared if things seem off because she can't see how ugly things can truly be). Whenever someone is feeling down through combat or the moral dilemmas that we face, she'll be the first one to try and motivate, promising that any wall that blocks our path will always be climbable.
I just like being a nice pc.
>>
>>54566338
Any stories?
>>
>>54577111
Please continue
>>
Let's have some brighter thoughts in this place

Let this thread live
>>
>>54577111
Yes it would be nice to hear more
>>
>>54566042
I guess it'd have to be Collier, a foul-tempered murderhobo pugilist that was, in fact, an actual hobo. Moth-eaten hat and coat, illiterate, disagreeable personality, constantly scuffed up, and a penchant for cantankerously calling people idjits. Gained his brawling skills from a youth imprisoned in an underground fight club, and never really left it behind. He ended up being one of the oldest characters, too, but was the absolute worst father figure of all time.
>>
File: BROFIST.gif (3MB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
BROFIST.gif
3MB, 370x208px
>>54583146
Sure, if you're feeling energetic. What you've done already is awesome, though.
Many thanks.
>>
>>54585924
Then I will finish it off once I get a free moment
>>
File: IMG_20170729_173011509.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_173011509.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54585924
Well this is what it looks like before pencil marks get removed.

(Slightly darker lines are better if you want to use Photoshop to edit picture later. Comes from experience)
>>
>>54574698
It's from the Magi manga, a pretty good magical adventure shounen.
>>
>>54585924
The final version as of right now.
>>
>>54566042
Regis Castus, Techpriest and eventual Tech Heretek extraordinaire.

We played a very lite Dark Heresy, more campy than Grimdark. It was the first time I played a d100 system, and somehow during character creation he just clicked. I was familiar with 40k, but still pretty new to a lot of the concepts. Until that point I had mostly played over the top Dwarf Fighters/Barbarians in 3.5, so it was a nice change of pace to play a more timid relaxed character.

Betwen punching a butler in the face with something like 20 WS in the first session to breeding pet tyranids near the end of Ascension, that character has had a lot of favorable memories about him.
>>
File: Yes You.jpg (40KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
Yes You.jpg
40KB, 500x626px
>>54586755
Man, thanks so much.
if, IF-don't think you have to- you do more to it, and this thread kicks to the archive while I'm out running my RP today, I'll be sure to grab whatever updated pic you posted from it.
But this was more than enough, man. Again, thanks.
>>
File: elv.png (701KB, 1111x4630px) Image search: [Google]
elv.png
701KB, 1111x4630px
>>54566042
I already told this story in another thread but an anon was kind enough to screencap it since some other anons also liked the stories.
>>
File: Prias.png (12KB, 415x300px) Image search: [Google]
Prias.png
12KB, 415x300px
My Iron Warrior from a Black Crusade game a few years back, Prias. Veteran of the long war, took no shit and gave plenty.

What made him fun, to me, was the fact that - whilst definately still fitting on the evil spectrum of alignment - he was a lot more subtle about it than most the party. The main cause of this was the fact he was both pragmatic and polite; he treated the human members of the team with respect, unlike the other marines, as long as they proved themselves useful. Probably one of the main reasons they never betrayed him, despite the fact he effectively took command of the party without asking anyone. Heck, at points, people questioned if he was evil at all, though a few incidents in the finale firmly put that question to rest.

His biggest flaw was his pride, and that's what did him in, at the end - after becoming a pseudo-daemon, cyborg terminator with two daemon swords to his name and defeating the resident Chaos Lord, he basically had victory in-hand. But his opponents Dread Hammer - the same daemon weapon that had been possessing the lord for years - was standing there, as if in challenge. So, against the warnings of everyone present, Prias picked it up, and came remarkably close to mastering the incredibly power daemon within. But, alas, I rolled something like four off suceeding, and after that the checks turned against him.

He ended up being put down by the remains of the party (after killing the psyker, who he'd always despised anyway), and as far as the rest of the team was concerned, that was that. Still, the GM noted in the epilogue that a similarily infernal figure had been spotted leading a small group of Iron Warriors on a new crusade, so who knows? Maybe he'll be back some day.

It was a good game, and he was a good character. And him dying to his own pride, that just wrapped things up perfectly.
>>
>>54586825
Well if inspiration strikes again, I will leave what I made here. And if you don't mind I will upload that drawing to dA, to make sure I don't lose it (Together with the story of Maw in the description)
>>
File: cr81Xfi.png (57KB, 132x320px) Image search: [Google]
cr81Xfi.png
57KB, 132x320px
>>54566042
My first character, and the only one I've played long enough to get much attachment to, is my High Elf Ranger Arallios. He went through a few changes over the campaign, in pretty much every sense.

As a newbie, my first thought was to try to make him act like an elf, all aloof 'n shit. This changed when it became apparent that not only was I an untrained roleplayer, but I managed to describe his actions and responses in a way that made him seem like a crazy person. It didn't help that he was completely unoptimized and I rolled like shit, so he quickly became the incompetent idiot that says silly things, barring examples I'll skip for the sake of space.

(Un?)fortunately, the current DM appeared to have found that hilarious, as he went so far as to allow my last ditch "we're fucked" joke of asking the amazons we were surrounded by for "parley" actually worked. This segues into the next trait thrust upon him, being the rare adult trap. On my suggestion, our DM had our party split in twain according to gender so that the males could earn the party's keep/trust doing labor, and Arallios was surprisingly not placed in the correct camp. Not that he would complain of course, but at least he offered a remorseful glance of "sorry for accidentally throwing you guys under the bus". It becomes a running gag that a completely average male elf is still pretty enough to pass for a human female.

After that blows over and we get the quest item we need, IRL our schedules went whack, so we had a "morning that never ends" bit of freeform RP, during which I felt I should test the waters of trying to make him a gossipy tease, and accidentally got our freshly-joined fembard to confess, which in turn led to a lot of cutesy attempts at RPing a budding romance.

Shortly afterward, I trolled our DM into oblivion for being a massive shitter, so the bard's player took it upon themselves to hijack the campaign and shunt it off into Ravnica, where Arallios does way weirder stuff.

2K!
>>
File: Kobold druid.png (2MB, 1557x2458px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold druid.png
2MB, 1557x2458px
>>
While not super impressive as a DM the npc my players liked the most (as well as feared the most) was a dual revolver weilding veteran paladin cowboy with a southern disposition, white handlebar moustache and an obsession with "sinners". Of course I had to tweak the rules slightly so he could use smite evil with his revolvers, but they were potent enough to scare my players and if things got really rough he had explosive ammo. I'd usually make him show up just as they thought they saw the light and the end of the tunnel or when they were doing something that could be seen as incriminating by an outside observer.
>>
>>54569401
this
>>
File: Forst-Fang.png (5MB, 1813x2340px) Image search: [Google]
Forst-Fang.png
5MB, 1813x2340px
Party was ment to guard this gnoll
But as the encounter started, most of the party quickly fell to the monsters or were in unnending grapple with them

In the end, this gnoll just beat the crap out of all the foes with her flail and save the party (that was purely accidental, her stats were not that good)

Afterwards, whole party started praising her, and now everyone wants to join her warband
>>
>>54583486
>>54585472
>>54577023
>So my partner in crime has become the defacto guy in charge, I act more like his enforcer
>A big bad storm hits & the ship gets damaged
>Engineer guy tries to keep the thing afloat, but it soon becomes a lesson in futility. The ship is going down & the engineer is giving us just enough time to evacuate
>Johnny & Dom start leading the evacuation, making sure women & children go first & we have a few supplies on the life rafts
>A few rafts get lost in the storm, I dont think any player characters died though
>Johnny & Dom get on the last one, cause we be respectful & shit
>We survive & land on some beach on some island
>Survivors start grouping together, starting to look like New Orleans after Katrina
>Johnny & Dom get everyone organized & try to gather up what suppies we can
>timetofoundourbeachkingdom.jpg
>when dawn comes one of the rich girl finds a group of tiny little Compys feasting on a dead survivor
>tiny Compys
>like the tiny chicken dinos
>oh fuck were in Jurassic Park
>ohshitidontwannadieshittinglikeabitch.t-rex
>Johnny & Dom hear the screams & go runnin with our AKs
>We kill the Compys & save the girl
>Bigdamnheros.gif
>Johnny gets the idea to serve up the dinos for dinner, & I decide I need to find a boy scout, boy scout know all kinds of survival shit
>the GM grants me my wish & the wish of every priest, two boyscouts named Kyle & Tyler
>take them under my wing, Johnny's gonna be like a big brother to these boys
>get them to cook dinodinner & other survival tasks & they get to hang out with us, the cool hero dudes
>salesman guy tries to save the poor boys souls, & tries to get them away from me saying that it isnt safe
>i tell him its better safe with me than defenseless with everybody else, especially the salesman, cause hes a bitch
>Johnny even gives Kyle a gun so that he can protect himself
>salesman gives up & everyone gets a bite of dino & everyone gets organized & building shelter with boyscouts leading
Part 3/?
>>
>>54591574
you have my attention
>>
>>54591574
>>54591574
>we decide that we need to find a way off this island & reconnect with good ol' civilization
>so most of the party decides to start scouting
>Johnny & Dom, the engineerbro, the captians daughter, the boring guy who I remember was some sort of professor, & the salesman, leaving behind the rich girl (Whos player couldnt make it)
>Johnny brings along Kyle cause he is a boy sxout & knows survival shit, & gives him & Tyler walkie talkies so they can communicate, Tyler will stay behind with the other survivors on the beach
>Deep into the jungle we go expecting to get munched by angry dinos every step of the way
>We come across an abandoned science shack with a couple of buggies outside
>We poke our noses in the building to find a bunch of computers & not much else, I think maybe a generator or something
>Professor logs on to the computers & snoops, finding out that dinosaurs are being made, blah blah blah, Jurassic Park, blah blah. We also find out that there is a radio tower, a few miles away that we can drive to & signal for help
>We leave the shack & hotwire a buggie & off we go to the radio tower following a road
>Tremors
>Somethings coming
>Fuckhuge. Tyrant. Lizard. King.
>T-Rex fucking shows up out of the treeline
>Collective shiting of pants
>We speed up
>Fuck it just aint fast enough
>Johnny & Dom open fire
>fuckfuckfuck.wrecked
>T-rex is faster than the buggie
>Tyrannosaurus Motherfucking Rex angry as fuck flips our buggie
>Roll to stay alive
>Johnny lands okay
>Professor is dead on impact
>Engineerbro hurt but alive
>Salesman unfortunately not dead
>Everyone else is lightly hurt but surprisingly not dead
>Seatbeltssavelives.psa
>T-rex munches down on somebody, I really cant remember
>Dom is a brassballed boss, starts shooting, Johnny joins in
>Tyrant King of Cold Blooded Killers dont care
>T-rex snacks on Dom
>Johnny fucking snaps
>Johnny's one friend is bleedin from this fucker
>Run to Dom, pick up his AK
>Rambo mode engaged

Part 4/?
>>
Currently a new character is made for a WoD larp. He's a Setite viper from Germany. I'm still fleshing out his backstory, but so far he grew up in the late 30's and 40's and most of what he knows and learned from his parents was the austerity of the third Reich and pre- and post-war Germany. He decided he never wanted to feel as empty and dismal as all of that had made him feel again and fully embraced the decadence of American capitalism. He also had an interest in philosophy and that of hedonism resonated with him. Naturally all of this made him a perfect candidate for the Setites.

A bit ironically, he never feared death as a mortal. He viewed it as an inevitability and just resolved to experience as much of life as he could before it happened. Now that he's immortal though, now that he doesn't HAVE to die, the idea of actually dying scares the hell out of him.
>>
>>54593538
>Tears in my eyes
>Guns in my hands
>Strike great vengeance & furious anger upon that motherfucker who tried to destroy my brother
>Next round, T-Rex munches Kyle
>Dont hang wih drug dealers kids, you'll get T-Wrecked
>T-Rex barrels at me now that it has an opening
>More bullets flying than America during 4th of July
>T-rex hits Johnny but he is still standing
>After several rounds of combat & so many players down into the negatives, we think this is a horror movie TPK
>Johnny doesnt have enough HP to survive another hit
>I spend one more round just hosing bullets like the petty gangster I am
>Fucking holy hell the T-Rex dies
>Im so fucking happy im jumping up & down in real life
>Johnny cusses the as he kills it, I cant remember my diatribe but it was good
>Mention cutting off the things balls & wearing its sack like a hat
>Lizards dont got nuts but I do it anyway
>Rage makes me mighty
>Adrenaline fades, I go to check on Dom
>Dom is dying but he's alive
>Captians daughter does first aid
>Dom will live!
>Johnny curs off a piece of Trex to make steaks later & one big piece to make a leather jacket out of
>Going to look fucking sexy if we live through this
>Buggie gets fixed by engineerbro so itll work again
>Get to radio tower
>Contact people to come save us, using the walkie to talk to Tyler, we get enough info from him to tell the people where we are roughly, & they'll come to the beach with all the other surviviors
>Before we leave salesman drags me outside on the balcony for a talk
>Talks about how im a maniac, how I got Kyle killed
>Get angry, I didnt kill Kyle, I tried to save him
>Fuck you salesman, Im the only one keeping us all alive
>I had even given this stack of shit my own pistol earlier so he'd have a chance to defend himself
>Think about droping this guy of the balcony decide not to but his player is really annoying me
>He gives up again, he cant force me to let him lead
>Leave the radio tower, back to the beach, close to sunset

Part5/?
>>
>>54594761

>Some kind of rescue boat shows up
>Everyone is getting on little boats sent by the rescue
>We think everything is going to be over now
>Cue GMs evil laugh
>Guess whats bigger than a T-Rex?
>That fucking huge finned fuck from the second movie
>Guess what a big loud boat & spotlights has attracted?
>Survey says?!.... We're fucked
>This thing is too big & too angry to die, its asses & elbows to get to the rescue boat or into the shuttleboats
>We play hide & go die trying to get its attention off the surviors & each other but its useless
>Rich Girl dies
>A bunch of others die
>Johnny makes sure injured Dom gets to the rescue
>Not a lot of people left on the beach, just Johnny & Tyler the last boyscout, & a few other surviors
>Finned fuck of a beast eats Tyler
>Johnny flees for the water & the rescue
>Barely make it to the boat before the dinomaster of hell gets me
>Soldiers on the boat start shooting as the thing comes near & drive it off
>The boat is from Ingen, the company that's behind Jurassic Park
>They save our bacon & Johnny contemplates joining the company to kill more dinos
>End credits

& thats one of my favorite characters, I started as trying to play a character that has no real "protagonist" virtues. Gets high on his own ego (& drugs) & becomes this Adrenaline fueled dinosaur slayer badass, who strongarms people into following his friend so that they can save everybody (well almost everybody, those poor boyscouts) I really like how even though my character was more dynamic & active Dom was the leader, & I followed him
>>
>>54586923
I don't mind at all. Just an aside, though. He wasn't all sweet and nice. British soldiers or seamen were his bitterest of foes because they wiped out a Salty village belonging to his future father-in-law. Including some children. So any Brits in his field of view/smell were pretty much soon-to-be meaty chunks.
>>
File: Fedorific.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fedorific.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>54566678
Had a similar character which was also my most fun to roleplay with.

Basically a 26 year old NEET in a single session call of cthulhu game that happened in our age. I even gave him a Fedora.
All the characters got kidnapped and awoke in basically a dungeon of some kind and had to figure out a way of escaping from the mansion together.

I guess it ended up being so fun mostly because of all the players roleplaying together though, considering we had a NEET trying to pathetically pass of as not-NEET, an autistic /fit/fag who really wanted to bully my character but ended up being the first to die, an extremely cowardly bus driver, a playboy from the slums who steals a lot of shit and a biologist that has never properly worked as one and is actually a gardener.
>>
More than my HQ's, more than my various characters that I've written for assorted writefaggotry, my favorite is a Sergeant from my Dark Angels homebrew chapter.
>>
>>54598059
Gimme the details, anon. I'm curious.
>>
>>54596233
Oh, that just makes for a better story. Also hatred I can understand...Seen it may times before
>>
>>54566678
>>54597669
>People playing self inserts in RPGs
Shame on you all.
>>
This could be nice thread to bring them
>>
>>54566042
His name is Dave, and he's a smith. He helps make fittings for ships. He's currently a party favourite. I like him because he's just a dude that i made up on the spot for hte party to talk to in a pub and learn about the area from, and he ended up becoming their favourite NPC in the campaign so far. They may seek him out in future for a boat.
god bless dave
>>
>>54566042
Aven FUCKING Brinyflask.

Water genasi Ranger/Blackguard turned Waveservant of Umberlee. Ex-pirate, moonshiner, alchemist. Father was a bootlegger in the Sea of Fallen Stars, mother was unknown. Fought with a rapier, although she basically treated it like a really big shank. Basically had the fighting style and finesse of an orc, although she supplemented it with alchemical bombs and poisons, including breaching tactics with grenades. Had the general outlook that, sure, Umberlee is a harsh bitch, but if you're that worried about drowning then you shouldn't be out at sea anyway. Of course, having water breathing as an inherent racial trait helps with that.

At one point she managed to cripple most of a hostile cult by throwing a barrel-full of sonic bombs into their deep sea lair. That day they learned that sound carries REALLY WELL in water.
>>
Fucking bump.
>>
File: blue03.png (3MB, 2500x2846px) Image search: [Google]
blue03.png
3MB, 2500x2846px
Seraph.
If I start ranting about her, I won't stop, so I'll just use this as an excuse to post some delicious original art instead.
>>
>>54607876

There's a couple of different people who did several posts about their one favorite character, so feel free to do so. It'll keep the thread alive as well.
>>
File: Flambe.png (506KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
Flambe.png
506KB, 600x738px
My favorite character has to be Flambe.

She's a Illusionist Wizard who started adventuring on a whim because she got bored of reading books about heroes and and working as a librarian's assistant. She's a 14-year-old latchkey kid who didn't really know anything factual about magic until an academic Wizard stopped by her district in Neverwinter, looking for some books. After a long conversation, the Wizard decided to hire her as an assistant and gave her his old spellbook. She quickly discovered that she had a knack for it and slowly grew to become a child prodigy, even long after the wizard had to depart.

I have some stories if anybody's interested.
>>
>>54584516
>>
>>54566042
My favorite was a broken, overpowered character in an entire world of broken, overpowered characters.

He's a level 20 Thri-Kreen Psychic Warrior/Fighter in a Pathfinder campaign using the Gestalt rules from D&D 3.5e. He has a gythka made of psionic crystal that contained the minds, souls, and psionic prowesses of the countless thri-kreen that previously wielded it. His armor is made of psionic crystal and the scales of Metterak. For some reason, Metterak was black with rune-etched scales in our campaign.

Personalitywise, he was very stoic. He had complete control over his emotions, and often refocused the party's attention when their thoughts were led astray. He might have been wise, but he was also prone to overestimating his own strengths, leading to numerous mishaps.

He spoke telepathically with a deep, gravelly baritone voice. This was because he was raised by a race of four-armed giants when he was a hatchling. They ate his brothers and sisters, but they stopped their slaughter when he lept onto the village elder and held a dagger to his throat.

At the end of the campaign, I initially decided that my character would take the test of the Star Stone, but then I got the idea to do my own campaign in 5e with myself as the dungeon master, and had him and numerous other characters from the Pathfinder campaign make cameos. The new campaign takes place on a nexus plane that has connections to numerous other planes.
>>
File: 20170324_140206.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_140206.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>54614724
This is a drawing I did of him. I'd like to color him in sometime.
>>
Mohelius Evilskull McGenocide, Lord of Men, Scion of the Deicide, White Lion of the North, CONQUERING KING.

Born the younger princeling of the McGenocide Clan of Wesfalia (born and raised), when he was young he saw the Golden Hart that was prophesied to come before the last scion of the first CONQUERING KING, Zoss (shameless KSBD rip). His older brother saw him make the shot and kill that golden deer, which led to his older brother attempting to kill Moho. He failed. His brother's death was hushed up, and he was trained to be the King of Vaenloft and Wesfalia. Upon his achieving of adulthood, he left his ancestral homeland to CONQUER. He wasn't bright; nor was he stupid. He Believes that he is the conquering king no matter what; his death cannot happen until he sits upon the throne at the center of creation. A skald, he wields a warhammer in the shape of two fists and a bagpipe. With the warhammer he once crushed a mage's head, commanding him to "choke on his cleverness and DIE!". With his bagpipe he drove lesser men to madness, and his party into bloodthirsty rage. He was a 6'7" black man with a shock white afro and full, bushy beard. He eventually got transported to another plane, where he defeated a Dragon and caused the Dragon Empire of Man to be a Thing. He is now back on his home plane, and I cant wait to play him again. He once inhaled deeply to determine if a gas was poison. "Yep. That's poison" he said before promptly passing out. Whole lot of shenanigans with him. Slightly goofy, slightly dignified, nicest man you'd ever meet. Truly believes that his Eternal Kingdom would be th a best thing to happen to sapient beings.
>>
>>54615941
He ALWAYS has a bottle of something and a tale to tell if someone is looking down on their luck. He's never killed unless attacked. Thinks of the gods as a "cop-out" for the weak. He lives by "do no harm, take no shit"
>>
Bump for life
>>
Used to play Call of Cthuluh with a rowdy irish bare-knuckle brawler. Got himself a nifty freddy krueger like claw from a cultist. Became his signature weapon while killing the jersey demon, dismantling a Hashtur cult in Boston, fending off a few shoggoths and rulling the paddie mob on Red Hook district. He got killed and resurrected twice by a megalomaniac naga loli called Alexia, making him her bitch. Eventualy he got hold of a wierd bottle from an ancient Yithian settlement found in Australia. The awakened from the group had the bright idea of blinking hom out of the place while he was still under the influence of the gases from the bottle, and after failed luck check, he experienced two eternities in front of Hashtur. The situation devolved into a friendly fire incident in which he lost his left ear.

Long will I remember Connor "the Claw" O'Brian
>>
>>54566042
He's name is Behrhen.

He was a Dwarf Fighter in a game of 4th edition. The character of Berhen was a pretty straight forward one - he was a do-gooder with a strong sense of justice and honor, and was very stubborn about justice and honor. Despite how straight forward that is, it's a delight to play.

Then we get into the mechanics.

Behrhen was loaded up with feats, powers and magic items that were designed to make an unkillable reaction machine. Try to move somewhere he doesn't want you to? Have an axe to the face. Don't attack him after that? Axe to the face. Do try to attack him? Axe to the face. Try to move away from him. Axe to the face. Try to attack a friend that was near him? They switch places, and you get an axe to the face. Within 50 feet of him during his turn? You better believe that's an axe to the face. There are many questions, but they all have the same answer: Axe to the face. Add onto this that he had a bunch of ways to heal himself, and you've got the mechanics of Behrhen.
>>
>>54586877
I like those elves...
>>
File: 1442497771937.png (43KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
1442497771937.png
43KB, 162x182px
>>54566042
For some reason I am terrible at describing characters and personalities. I always know what a character would act like in any given situation, but I never know how to describe the person in general. It's kind of a problem when GMs want me to tell them about the character.
>>
File: custodisi.png (384KB, 353x570px) Image search: [Google]
custodisi.png
384KB, 353x570px
>>54566042
I wish my characters were good. They usually end up being like Custodisi.

I usually end up being obnoxiously generic or generally obnoxious, neither of which I enjoy being...

Just fuck my life.
>>
>>54566042
It's a character I've played in a couple of settings.

Fairy teenager who wants to be a hero because it means everyone will pay attention to her. She's fun because she's a completely tactless attention whore with next to no empathy or morals. She's childish and self-centred, she has little to no self-restraint, and she's completely oblivious. On the other hand she basically treats everyone as her friend (which doesn't count for much, but still) regardless of how obviously they hate her, and she really tries to do the right thing because she thinks it's what a hero should do.

Basically, I get to fuck about and play comic relief to the rest of the party and be an IC annoyance to them while being too dumb to realize that none of the other characters really like her.
>>
>>54607876
Wait
THAT Seraph, the Admiral lady from the mile long green text story of some space pirate ?
>>
>>54622942
I have a feeling you're someone I know pretending to recognize me so I'll get all smug, only to crush my ego at a later date.
Which would be a devious scheme. Otherwise, yes, that's me, hello.
>>
>>54607876
>>54623832
Wait wait. THE Seraph? Did you ever reunite with captain drake and the others again? Oh my gosh it's like hearing from a real legend.
>>
>>54566042
Easily my goblin gunslinger. He came from a goblin tribe that was obsessed with technology. Not understanding it, mind you, just having it. My goblin was one of the smartest in the tribe, he knew where the on off switch was. In an attempt to find more technology, he set off to adventure. He stole a blunderbuss and some ammo, took two Wok pots from the ship he stowed away on, and left for Numeria, which is where he came from.
>>
>>54623984
I refuse to fall for this ruse!
That said, add me on Discord if you're genuinely curious, otherwise we'll ruin the thread.
Hawk#9174.
>>
>>54624131

Thread is nearly dead, so you might as well go nuts.
>>
>>54624131
Not those guys, but your story was super awesome. I don't use discord but Seraph is super cool too. If you and Drake still talk then tell him I hope he's still having crazy adventures.
>>
>>54624131
I refuse to fall for this ruse myself, lass! I demand entertainment and more stories from Seraph and Morgan!

>>54624272
This man speaks rightly!

Delight us with tales!
>>
Good job guys you scared him off.
>>
>>54624605
It is known that us loyalis/tg/uardsmwn are not 100% socially capable and might scare people off
>>
>>54624605

Well, we still have his Discord. We can spam him in hopes that he'll share his story.
>>
>>54624698
Going by the old greentext this "him" would actually be a "her"
>>
File: snippet.png (191KB, 800x354px) Image search: [Google]
snippet.png
191KB, 800x354px
>>54624312
>>54624272
Well, er... I have been writing something recently. Sort of a dramatized retelling of events from our more recent campaigns. It's in the format of a more traditional story rather than a greentext story time, so I don't know if I'll ever be able to get away with posting it on /tg/, but it does exist.
In an alternate universe where I'm not procrastination incarnate, I might even finish it someday.
Pic related.
>>
I've really only played in one campaign so far, but I've played 3 or 4 characters with this group. It's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure game, all the protags are Stand users. High roleplaying, low crunch. Almost freeform.

My first character is my favourite, from our "Stand User High School" setting:

Joey Malone, and his Stand [Rebel Yell].

Joey was a bit of an odd duck in the group; rarely hung out with the other characters for extended periods, kept weird hours, was all around just a bit eccentric. Sorta like a teenage Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. He was big on anto-establishment action, but wasn't terribly good at it. His Stand awakened pre-game during an altercation with cops who were harassing someone.

Said Stand, [Rebel Yell], is themed around Joey's Banksy influences and his urban upbringing. It's essentially a brick golem, large and imposing. Vaguely robotic, with a firepit for a head. Its ability was to store things in a pocket dimension by pressing them against a surface, turning them into some kind of image on that surface. It was very, very useful for containing enemies without killing them.

As a free spirit and prankster, he tended to pull off some of the more outlandish tricks, like using his stand to launch himself between buildings, or (with help) booby-trap an assembly room to drop balloons full of slime on half the school. He had probably the most combat in the game, and ended up with a killcount of 1 and a half. The half is because Kill 2 was a joint effort.

The whole campaign was great, honestly.
>>
>>54624815
So it was you the one who dumped once or twice these things in the writing thread!
Dump them 'ere, now
>>
>>54624815
Looks interesting. Stuff like this is welcome here.

>>54624808
There are no girls here, anon.
>>
File: thKUF4EQGY.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
thKUF4EQGY.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
I made a minotaur Eldrich-knight with 2 shields one time, my strategy was to knock enemies prone and then cast poison spray on them, we fluffed it so that the poison in question was my character hurling up his stomach acid (He was a drunk)

It didn't do much damage but he was borderline unkillable and he had some cool moments.

Also I used to use the Lurtz classic of throwing my shield at people and pining them into walls, then having the shield appear back in my hand as I charge with my horns. Was pretty fun
>>
File: Leopolt Roswald Portrait.jpg (328KB, 683x969px) Image search: [Google]
Leopolt Roswald Portrait.jpg
328KB, 683x969px
I've played in many different systems over the years, but by far my most treasured has to be the classic trope old-soldier-coming-out-of-retirement I ran in a Song of Swords campaign with a not!Europe low fantasy background. His name was Leopolt Roswald, and he was the least dickish character I've ever run.

He was probably the closest thing the party had to a moral code, almost leaning more towards the paladin archetype rather than mercenary. Hell, he was almost given the Honorable bane because he tried to stop the execution of a bandit leader, as the leader had escaped and put in a body double to take the fall for him.

Leopolt lived on a small farm with a few siblings, under a drunken, abusive father who turned to alcohol after losing his small vassalage under a minor lord, due to his consistent incompetence. Because of this, Leo was told grand tales about how his family used to be high nobility, and grew up believing that one day he'd restore the Roswald name to its former glory.

When Leo became of age, he was given one of the few heirloom remnants that his father still had: the family sword. He was then subsequently drafted into the local lord's conscript army to aid their Baron in defending against a neighboring expansionist province. He participates in a couple of battles, and when the tensions die down, he returns back home to his farm with a prostitute he fell in love with during his service. They settle and produce a daughter, but Leo's wife dies during childbirth, leaving only him and his daughter on the farm. He tends the small farm by himself, getting by on whatever he harvests, and he raises her.

As time goes by, the farm slowly begins to fail, and as his daughter becomes of age, she falls in love with the local innkeeper's son. Knowing his purpose in life has been fulfilled, he sells the failing farm to pay for her wedding, and joins a mercenary company to bring in some extra coin to help the newlyweds begin their life together.
>>
>>54625672
Just to see what would happen, I took the Dire Past bane for that extra dank +10 Boon points.

When Leo goes to the newlyweds' inn to say his final goodbyes, he finds them murdered on the bar counter, with Leo's family sword embedded in his daughter's chest. The town guards arrive shortly afterwards, and seeing the scene, blame Leo for murdering his own daughter. He flees, taking the sword with him, and joins the mercenary company under an alias. Now he has to find out who his daughter's murderer is, and why they did it.

I went through a lot with him, despite not having very many sessions before getting TPK'd. He earned good respect in the mercenary company, made some good friends with his comrades (including a dwarf and a goblin), and even found a potential love interest. Unfortunately, the party encountered some not!Witchers sent to investigate reports of goblin activity in the area, and when they saw our party's goblin, things didn't go over well. They tried to kill him, and after intervention from the rest of the party, eventually settled on using him to lure out the reported goblin tribe before killing him. Our goblin didn't like that, so when he made contact with the goblin tribe, he planned on betraying the not!Witchers, which we (stupidly) decided to follow along with.

Turns out, the not!Witchers are fucking powerful. Leopolt managed to land a killing blow on one after over half of the party had fallen already, which was a feat in itself, but he ended up getting stabbed in the face by the other one. I'll admit, even though I knew Song of Swords was a fairly lethal system, having Leo die on me made me sour for about a week.

Leo's daughter was killed by assassins sent by the new King, who was an illegitimate child of one of Leo's ancestors. He had usurped the throne and was tying up loose ends, but Leo had managed to inadvertently avoid the assassin sent for him.

I miss playing as Leo.
>>
File: ratman.png (195KB, 392x496px) Image search: [Google]
ratman.png
195KB, 392x496px
>>54566042
My Rat Man detective. He wears a suit and carries a flask and a revolver on him at all times. He's pretty clumsy and gets drunk way too often, but he is also clever and can find neat ways around problems. He has a network of rat spies around the city (The setting is a city full of crime and shady business) that can help him in some tasks and provide information. For example, we wanted the rats set up barrels of gunpowder under the floor in some abandoned sewers where a drug dealer/gangster meeting was taking place. We ended up not being able to acquire enough gunpowder, only getting a small box, failed the set up miserably, and ended up going for a spontaneous plan B, which had me throwing a bottle of whiskey at a giant monster that one of the occult gangsters brought in and lighting it on fire, failing a leap attack with a dagger I got gifted earlier, being whipped away with the tail of the beast and nearly losing my best rat spy.

This likely sounds like a bunch of middle schooler shit to you, but it was my first experience with RPGs and I had lots of fun.
>>
>>54566042
Bub the Half-ogre.
>8' tall beast in spiked full plate using a greataxe in one hand and a large tower shield in the other (the shield was actually an iron door that he had ripped off its hinges but he decided he liked it because it had a little slot he could look through so he got a blacksmith to fix it and eventually got a new one made out of adamantium.)
>He was an interesting character. 30 str is a lot to run around with (our dm ran 5d6-lowest for a bit higher power) and he regularly grappled most moderate sized enemies. He eventually got a trained dire bull to ride around on.
>But, a lot of his gold went to supporting orphans because he was one himself. His father had been an ogre and it was implied that there had been some bad dealings with how he had been concieved, but his mother lived far from town on a plot of land earned from years of adventuring. She raised him by herself til he was 13 before bandits rode through and slaughtered her and captured him.
>He was already almost fully grown by that time and she had trained him to the point of his first level of fighter. The bandit camp was where the party met up. A cleric had been captured a few days earlier and the bandit camp was split on what to do with the captives. The Hedge wizard and the party rogue were on the side of simply cutting them loose while the leader wanted them dead. a fight broke out and Bub shattered his manacles and beat several of the bandits to death before the wizard, rogue and cleric got behind him. It was a decent looting session and the party eventually got to the point of being friendly (since the wizard and rogue had nothing to do with the captures)
>>
>>54566042
Honestly I find the most satisfying characters to play are the one's that are more archetypes that I can explore as the game moves on.

As for my most treasured it would be "Thors" the epitome the funny action man. Basically a man who has been on a 14 year revenge quest against the people who killed his father, but you would never know it as he is the goofiest foreign man to destroy your living room in a drunken rage.

Over the course of the game he basically became Rolf from Ed, Edd, and Eddy funny accent and everything.
>>
>>54627979
>Thors
>Basically a man who has been on a 14 year revenge quest against the people who killed his father

I smell veiled references to Vinland Saga
>>
A terrorist from a surviving splinter of New Revolution, who really believed in the cause deep down in their soul. Their idealism singing through all the time against the backdrop of the total mercenary criminals they worked with was an excellent contrast.
>>
>>54624815
AGP is pretty much a greentext-less story now, and Shadowrun Storytime was written mostly in prose. Yours wouldn't be out of place.
>>
>>54628394
Oh? I suppose I could post it here, then. Need to put it through some rewrites first, though. Some of it is pretty awful and I don't want to accidentally stumble into cringe territory.
>>
File: 13th_Necromundan_Armoured.jpg (127KB, 1152x764px) Image search: [Google]
13th_Necromundan_Armoured.jpg
127KB, 1152x764px
I had John Kruger. my idiot-Guardsman. Specifically designed to break my usual habit of playing engineers, alchemists, tacticians, wizards or the like.

Cpl. John Kruger was an Orlock ganger in his youth. In a rare flash of insight, he realised that fighting for some loony in the deep underhive'd probably get him senselessly killed some day, so he joined something where he could make a difference. He joined the Imperial Guard. The irony wasn't lost on the other, more adequately intelligent in the party.

I miss that campaign.
>>
>>54625672
>>54625694

Probably my favorite backstory in the entire thread. Damn dude.
>>
His name was Argento, a man of many talents. He was smart, handsome, a master thief without peer, seducer extraordinaire, silver tongued devil, gambler supreme, greatest acrobat there ever was,computer wizard and a genius electric engineer. Born in an unnamed Latin nation he became a secret agency's greatest asset in the span of a year and he sacrificed his own legs to save the world. A true role model Hispanic James Bond.

Except the guy was buttfuck insane. He's actually from new Hampshire, raised in the suburbs, a book worm and the kind of man who is so vain that he would rather win a dance battle mid gunfight against a busker than help his allies subdue the culprit. He also had a tendency of destroying any vehicle he drove and tried to fuck anything vaguely attractive as long as they were alive and didn't count as bestiality.

And goddammit was he fun to play
>>
Johnny. He's been Johnny Starbeam, Johnny Guitar, Johnny of the Riverlands, Johnny the Driver and lived countless lives in countless worlds.

He's got a silver tongue and a heart of gold. Swindles, lies, mooches and kills his way through life, a trail of debts, cuckolded lovers, and vengeful lords stretching for nations, kingdoms, wastelands and star systems in his wake. He'll steal what he can, decieve those who'll listen, but as soon as his sleight-of-hand causes everyone to look the wrong way, he'll do the right thing before he gets spotted doing it.

I have never not had fun playing Johnny.
>>
Bump. Survive the night.
>>
>>54628137
Oh certainly, Thors isn't actually his name it's just so comedically long and unpronounceable that it's pretty much what everyone calls him.
>>
File: 1482889405634.png (785KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1482889405634.png
785KB, 1240x1754px
Human Psychic Detective who has so far made it through levels 1-14. Was killed and reincarnated as a troglodyte of all things, and then months later killed once more and reincarnated as... a human.

His earnest penchant for solving mysteries and looking for peaceful solutions where there weren't any of either frequently made him into the party butt monkey. Always having a wacky plan on hand likely to backfire didn't help in that regard.

His run ins with terribly unfortunate deaths turned him from an irritable optimist to tired cynic. Secretly misses being a troglodyte, as he spent most of his time invisible anyways.
>>
this thread doesn't deserve to be on page 11
>>
File: 1422308464438.jpg (62KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1422308464438.jpg
62KB, 800x540px
>>54566042
That's a tough one. I can think of only three characters I've enjoyed playing. I'd probably go with my cross-eyed, Half-Elf Wild Magic Sorcerer. Who the townsfolk simply referred to as "Wilhelm the Wizard."

Reason: I managed to cause one of the GM's city's magic economy to crash, after making a speech in front of townsfolk.
>>
File: Hida Ishigaki.jpg (1MB, 5100x6600px) Image search: [Google]
Hida Ishigaki.jpg
1MB, 5100x6600px
>>54566042
One of the things that bugs me about chars is how so many of the games I'm in never reach completion of the campaign metaplot.If there even is one. I actually recycle characters in the hopes that THIS time I'll get their story from start to finish.

Because of that, pic related is definitely my all time fav. He did get a satisfying ending to his tale.

But I've got a few others I like. Crazy tinkerer/hacker. He was born in a game of Dragonstar of all things, but can fit into any cyber/steampunk setting. First game with him, the party was all arrested for nebulous reasons, and we met in the back of a party van. For some reason RNGeesus said I was the only one not allowed to get dressed so I was just in my freaking boxers. after the van crashed and we escaped, I crawled into a sewer, found a power line, followed it to a junction box, and shorted it out, blacking out the whole area. Just so I could throw a trash can through a department store window and get fucking dressed.
>>
>>54566042
A guy who invented carbombing in fantasy equivalent of 1500's.
It kinda taught my GM that either include gunpowder and guns, or don't include gunpowder at all.
>>
Survive!
>>
>>54641430

Was he of Irish descent?
>>
I don't think this character is particularly spectacular on it's own merits, but is by far the most memorable to me; there was a moment when I was roleplaying him, I got so into it that it felt like he had really come alive. Like, I had to take a step back because I had said something as the character that had actually broken my heart as the player.

Background:
>Friend wants to run a oneshot he came up with
>Not a very well thought-out campagin, but it was fun for what it was
>We roll up stats for our characters, one of my rolls is ABYSMALLY low
>"shit, maybe he'll let me reroll this one"
>Suddenly get idea, assign this one to INT, my character is just barely one step above the intelligence of an animal
>Create Burp, the Orc Paladin
>Named Burp because his dimwit parents asked him what name he wanted when he was a baby
>separated from his parents at a young age, was adopted by an order of Paladins
>Friend's Dwarf character was assigned as his mentor
>Burp looks up to him as a father figure
>Dwarf despises all Orcs, including Burp
>Burp is too stupid to pick up on Dwarf's general animosity, and in fact, hangs on his every word, to his dismay
>Made a habit of talking in third person and deferring to Dwarf whenever a dilemma was too mentally taxing, which was all the time
>Playing a good natured retard is genuinely loads of fun, Dwarf and I play off each other like we're a comedy duo

cont.
>>
>>54647267
cont.

So the oneshot goes like this:
>Party is trapped in a labyrinth in some shadow dimension or something, don't remember the details very well
>have to fight our way out
>this eventually somehow leads to some wizard who had crafted a powerful wish granting artifact, which had backfired?
>I think the artifact had created this realm and levelled an entire kingdom or something, I don't fucking know
>again, not very well thought out but whatever

>Confront wizard in his study, but nobody is there
>wizard was fucking vaporized, his soul bound to the artifact
>the item indeed grants wishes, but vaporizes anyone who uses it
>moment has finally arrived
>"Burp will use thing. Make wish. Will save friends and people. Will go away if Burp must."
>Friend's Dwarf character speaks up "No, Burp. This burden is mine alone."
>start getting really into it
>"But master! Burp love master like father! Let Burp save you!"
>"I'm sorry, Burp, but this is the only way, it HAS to be me..."
>"Why this??"
>Dwarf gives me a grim look
>"Burp...think about this. Are you really capable of articulating the wish necessary to undo the wrongs that have been wrought here?"
>"Of course Burp can make wish! Burp will wish for...things to be...make good again?"
>moment of silence
>I am so in character, I said the following without even thinking, in a defeated, heartbroken tone:
>"Burp too stupid to sacrifice self..."

>Realisation of what I just fucking said comes over me, my heart sinks
>"Jesus fucking christ..."

continued on next post because I'm a retard and don't know how to organize posts
>>
>>54647322
>It's decided, Dwarf will be the one to use the artifact
>"Farewell, Burp...Be good, okay?"
>Pretty much wishes for the world to return to how it was before the artifacts conception, except in this iteration the artifact remains uncrafted for all time
>Still, due to the nature of the artifact, those who have used it remain gone forever, regardless.
>Campaign is over, all is right with the world
>Dwarf is gone though, Burp can't remember why
>Is overcome with a mysterious emptiness whenever he thinks back to his mentor
>spreads good wherever he goes, however he can, but does it solo

If I ever find a new campaign to join, I just might break out this character again, to fight the good fight and make his Dwarf Daddy proud, wherever he may be
>>
File: IMG_0179.png (91KB, 1018x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0179.png
91KB, 1018x919px
>>54647344
>>54647322
>>54647267

The ending is one of those that leave you a sweet and sour taste at the same time.
Godspeed Burp
>>
File: cleric msp.png (697KB, 1360x701px) Image search: [Google]
cleric msp.png
697KB, 1360x701px
playing an arrogant coward was fun
>>
Richard "Dick" Valentine.

He was an Avatar of the Merchant (or something along those lines, it's been a while.) in an Unknown Armies game.

He was an eccentric man who had enough money and ability to convince people out of items and money to never want for anything in the world, and generally served as a facilitator to the rest of the party's plans. If they needed guns, a limo, a 1980's Soviet Tank with Depleted Uranium Rounds and accompanying tank crew or commercial airline jet, he could get it for them. He was just along for the fun.

It worked well, too, fun game.
>>
page 11
>>
Jack Radical, a womanizing paladin with a pornographic sense of humor. I made him as a joke but everyone loved him and he became one of my favorite heroes.
>>
File: Watch_Yourselves.png (33KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Watch_Yourselves.png
33KB, 360x360px
>>54645987
Kind of.
He came from the Northern Isles, which is the setting's equivalent of both British Isles, and the entire North&South America, a bit further north from the Isles, although at the time of the campaign, the areas further north weren't colonized yet.

That's the next campaign, and boy I'm looking forward to going full Orcish Conquistador on whatever natives live there.
>>
>>54653559

Please post a story.
>>
>>54653639

For inspiration, you might read up on the IRA, my dude.
>>
>>54654666
>you might read up on the IRA
that's what inspired that character
and that campaign is unfortunately over, blowing up BBEG's tower without ever entering it was fun
>>
>>54566042

A black 80´s policeman, which loves disco. Due to an event in Detroit he travelled around dimensions and appaered in a magical fantasy world. He is trying to come back to his world. He had a gun which only used twice in his new world.

Sadly he died two years ago after being attacked at night when a party of savage elves ambushed him while he was sleeping.

I miss him, He was so fun to play because I manage to make reference of diferent songs in every one of his dialoges. The first time he used his gun, he managed to kill the Kraken while dancing Thiller. Up to this date the best scene of all my life roleplaying.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (230KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
230KB, 1280x905px
Very soon I'll be playing pic related as a Vampire in a Dark Ages game set in 1080. Wish me luck, because I think that this character will be the best I will have played in my RPG career.
>>
>>54566042

My favorite character I ever played actually jumped systems with and from PC to NPC. The reason it was so treasured and satisfying was the amount of closure and development I was able to have with the character, that I've never had with any other character or campign. Some of it was pure luck; the character was suited to move between the systems, and I never called it out.

The original character was a high school girl as part of a MAID game. The online GM for this game managed to pull a fast one on a group of us that were all into anime but not full bore weeb and he really wanted to run the system. By the time we found out that he'd individually told each of us the others were okay with it, we were two sessions in and enjoying it too much to really bitch him out. It was anime slice of life shenanigans that promptly dove headfirst into WoD stuff with creepy spirits, vampires, and werewolves. My character had been randomly rolled up with latent magical powers, which I had lightning themed. Some sort of Walpurgis scenario is what ended the campaign when the DM had real life eat up all his time. There'd been a running theme line with my character trying to help out her friend, who was also a less powerful spell practicioner, but had fucked up and summoned some sort of vampire Albert Wesker that was coming to collect on a blood debt. My character had also been complete shit at actually saving anybody flubbing all the important rolls and having to get bailed out by the other students, which by end game were basically Buffy the Vampire Slayer, JC Denton, and a girl who gained magical girl powers based on whatever she cosplayed at the time.

I missed the character a year or two later, but I knew I couldn't recreate the same conditions that had led to the fun of the first game. I had recently picked up the Dresden Files RPG, and started thinking about that character.

(cont.)
>>
>>54658659

Rebuilt them as a sorceress in the system, and had one game with her as a young adult with one DM, and then two with another DM. The first was a game set in california, and I managed to work in the master of the not-Wesker and her old fiend who was now totally thralled, as my character had fucked up trying to save her, and then NOPE'd across the ocean to the states. Two other games were more cop mystery things with my sorceress playing a sorta-dresden roll but with less politics, more explosions and winging it, and developing the mental fortitude to actually stand up to things instead of sticking around long enough to fix one thing, fuck up three others, and then bail to the next town over.

The final appearance of this character and her friend was when I ran full circle and did some sort of magical academy/Professor Xavier's school for the gifted. Never directly called them out, but they were both supporting NPC staff to talk to and call on for help when students got in a touch over their head. Now both in their 40s, the sorceress was the school's librarian, and her friend was the groundskeeper and biology teacher. Never had the spotlight but had a couple of fun conversations with PC characters in a fun full circle moment when they basically could mention their own life lessons to new characters. It was a moment of closure and completed storytelling that I've never had since.
>>
>>54571502
>>
>>54638943
I'm so glad I stuck with your storytime. Fantastic stuff, crab-anon.
>>
>>54566042
>This thread needs to be archived. Its not perfect, but its nice and comfy. Low on trolling, high on fuzzy feels.
>9/10, one of the best threads in awhile.
>>
>>54660453
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>54655314

Aw, that's a shame it ended so early.
>>
>>54661254
>it ended so early.
it didn't end early, I played that character for like a year
we just had someone else GM shit in the meantime while our main GM prepared the colonial funtimes
>>
>>54660453

OP here. I'm honored, anon.
>>
>>54660865
>Did i run into you on /b/ last night? I had this argument with someone last night.
because if i did
>I'm
still
>hard
>>
>>54661275

Oh, my mistake. It just sounded like you wanted to expand on that character even further.

>>54661815

Anon, this is /tg/.
>>
>>54661909
>Oh, my mistake. It just sounded like you wanted to expand on that character even further.
Nah, he met a great end, by becoming an explosives merchant after the BBEG was defeated
And knowing my GM, he'll probably turn him into an NPC at some point, he really loves doing that to old characters.
>>
>>54661909
I am aware of what board I am currently on, but I literally aruged with someone on /b/ last night who had a thing against greentexting unless it was to quote someone else.
>needless to say it pissed them off and they called me a faggot, which isn't wrong, but it rustles my jimmies in a good way.
>>
File: AD&D meat grinder.png (2MB, 3840x2048px) Image search: [Google]
AD&D meat grinder.png
2MB, 3840x2048px
>>54566042

>AD&D 2e
>Necromancer (technically a Witch, but who's counting?)

He was Geldhart Alforge (al-for-gay). Neurotic, Jeff Goldblum-like rank coward with a tendency towards sniping remarks. Kind of typical humour-as-defense sort--the thing that made him "click" was the campaign.

It was 2e, so it was a buzzsaw like you wouldn't believe. I lost a Wizard and a Druid already, and apparently didn't learn my lesson, so I tried my hand at something with more "upward momentum" (i.e. wants to blive to become a Lich).

Thing is, his danger-allergic mannerisms and cynical, fearful demeanor made him the most long-lived party member by miles. Thanks to his winning strategy of "not losing", he gained seniority in the party by circumstance, and ultimately earned the respect of his peers BECAUSE of his classically anti-heroic ideals.

Not the best story ever told, but he was a blast to play and bounce off the others.
>>
>>54566042
it was probably the only pathfinder game where I really got inter character and wasn't just playing turret simulator 20xx. Basicly I aimed for Barbarian but tried to either shy away from or just plain invert some of the Trigger warningtropes by making a short woman who wants to avoid fighting when possible because she's the one who takes the beatings, Always tries to avoid outright killing because she has this thing about give the dead proper burials to avoid getting haunted and she did not feel like digging holes for all these fuckers, also gave her a sweet tooth. I had a lot of fun with her.
>>
File: Wizard says shit.jpg (6KB, 191x189px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard says shit.jpg
6KB, 191x189px
>>54566042
This sounds like a time to tell about Balthasar Wildstone, the half-elven experimental custom wild mage obsessed with study of magic. magical items and pursue of all knowledge, who I never thought would live to see even lvl10, as we started from lvl1.

He did end up dying a total of 13 times during his active adventuring career of 6 months, pissing off the God of Death Myrkul along the way, becoming cursed with effectively equivalent of the Curse of Hollowing. Things worked out in the end after the group's trek into the far realms.

He wound up collecting a plethora of magical items, even a few artifacts and other earthly possessions, like a castle in Mechanus, which he eventually moved to the Plane of Water to avoid alignment shift. He also became a saint to the church of Ilmater, after a very peculiar series of wild surges, resulting in multiplication of the divine entity of Ilmater himself. Thanks to the divine pact of non-intervention, it didn't alter the world all that much. His magic has even left permanent anomalies across the landscape along his travels.

His rapid growth in power, becoming a warlock patron, and the occasionally nearly cataclysmic repercussions of his magic, he was made to sign the very same pact, to not wreak any more unintentional chaos upon the plane when Bane invaded the prime material plane.

Balthasar kind of got out of hand in the end, to the point of becoming a meme within our gaming group. There are some pretty wild theories and plans for future flying around that circle around him, universe-hopping and such. Our DM has even theorized that he might be the newest version of sort of a "perpetual" magical being, appearing as a powerful wizard, which we encountered several times during the campaign.

No doubt, we will hear from him again, as our new campaign happens in the same world 20 years later. I have a truckload of crazy stories about him to tell, if anyone is interested.
>>
Vilbjorn "Wilbur" Tully.
A deranged dwarf hermit druid who took took to walking the coasts and tracking down big grizzly sea monsters out of admiration and fascination.

Basically The Crocodile Hunter meets Roshi from Dragonball.
>>
>>54661931

That sounds pretty badass my dude.

>>54661934

Well, not that I feel particularly strongly about the subject, but greentexts are supposed to be a quote or part of a greentext story.
>>
>>54668490

Nice. Any fun stories?
>>
>>54668972
no, they are, in general, meant to draw attention to a specific statement, the association with quoting and stories is simply the primary form of use of doing so.
>you can and should greentext anything you want attention drawn to.
>>
>>54659084
Well, I mean, his captain WAS a crazy pot-loving Haitian. But the only time he ever actually smoked anything was when the captain gave him weed to calm down after the female Salty NPC got a little tired of him pussyfooting around her and took what she wanted in the ships galley.
The freakout was because she was the only daughter of the biggest, nastiest, smartest Salty ever, Captain Beauregard Bojack.
Beauregard was 32 feet long, fifteen feet tall, had a boat anchor for a hook hand, the last four feet of his tail was a prosthetic boat rudder, and he could swim awful damn fast while wearing his armor, which may or may not have been ripped straight off the sides of an ironclad.
Beau had said: "If either of you boahs(Maw and his brother Claw) lay un finger on my little Scarlet, I swear to the Salt Mama I will have yer hides on my wall."

Regarding the minigun, Maw did beat about five British sailors to death with one, so I guess that's all in all a fairly relevant image.
>>
>>54674727
An aside about Maw's captain. Captain Louis grew some magic ganja on the ship(the Green Queen). Said ganj would, in magic users, hasten their mana recovery substantially, on top of providing a decent high.
In non-magic users, though, it had a chance of causing them to manifest a random magic ability for an hour or so, depending on the amount smoked. One notable incident was the Scumling(bipedal Rat-folk, basically voodoo lab animals, came in regular, mutated to be similar to one of the other beast races, albino or hairless varieties) PC winding up teleporting every time he sneezed for about an hour.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.