[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point should a D&D/PF character be considered "stupid"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1627.jpg (49KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.jpg
49KB, 600x597px
At what point should a D&D/PF character be considered "stupid"?

INT 10? 8? 6?
WIS 10? 8? 6?

Should both be low? Or can one act sensibly if at least one is high?
>>
>>54552053
>Kinda silly
INT15
>Charmingly dumb
INT12
>Literal retard
INT10
>>
>>54552053
I'll be honest. I'm not even mad. I'm genuinely impressed at and intrigued by that little girl's ability to count to potato.
>>
>>54552198
10 Int is the average, it's not retarded, that's normal.
>>
>>54552234
18 is average.
>>
>>54552254

This is bait
>>
>>54552053
Logically INT and WIS should be correlated because of the 'general intelligence factor', but this is a game, you don't need to get that autistic if you don't want to and most characters will have similar ones anyway. High INT/low WIS is a lot more common than the inverse, and might be called 'stupid' if their WIS is more immediately obvious. A lot of people write autists as high INT/low CHA, but real autists are a lot more high INT/low WIS.
8-9 INT is roughly the range of real life stupid people. Below 6-7, you're talking about legitimate intellectual disability. If you want to play a character with INT below 7, you need to keep in mind you're writing a kid with Down's. Characters with WIS that low are a little more 'normal', but that's a relative term -- a WIS 5 character could not survive on his own and would do a *lot* of things people call stupid even with a carer, but especially if he's high INT he'd be able to impress people enough to be considered a full member of an adventuring party if his other stats are okay. It'd be harder for an INT 5 character to break through, but a guy who *did* would be a legend.
tl;dr: sub-10 INT or sub-8 WIS, second can be nullified by high INT
>>
>>54552234
And average people are embarassingly dumb. Dumb is normal.
>>
>>54553884
t. guy who's sure he has at least a 16 INT score irl
>>
>>54553884
Falling for marketing, politicians and conformism is really more the sign of low wis.
>>
>>54553942
>teeters trilby
>>
File: IMG_0536.png (46KB, 712x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536.png
46KB, 712x507px
>>
>>54553956
I don't know what you're on about. Sense Motive and willpower are both literally wis-based.
>>
>>54554009
Sorry, that was meant for >>54553884
>>
Let's put things in perspective.

In 3.PF Int 3 is needed to be able to put ranks into any skill you're physiologically capable of performing(tool use) and understand language. It's still animal level intelligence.

Int 4-5, is still described as "primarily acting on instinct, may rely on charades to express ideas".

Int 6-7 is officially "dull witted" and has trouble with speaking.

Int 8-9 is simply "has trouble with some trains of thought and generally forgetful of details".
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Intelligence-Int-
So I'd say you're noticeably stupid(as in a casual observer could pick it up) at 7 Int and lower.
>>
>>54554473
This
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.