[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 27

File: 1500070974374.jpg (350KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
1500070974374.jpg
350KB, 736x528px
Previous thread: >>54539000
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/
>Question:
Best way to counter Mages?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54546536
Try reasoning with them.
>>
>>54546536
>Best way to counter Mages?
Hire another Mage to help you.
>>
>>54546536
>Best way to counter Mages?
Banishers
>Timori Supremacy
>>
>>54546536
Be one.
>>
>>54546536
This question is asking for trouble.
>>
>>54546627
>>54546676
Why even post if this is what you're going to reply with?
>>
>>54546827
Because it's true?
>>
>>54546981
So is the fact that the sky is blue. But if I just posted that here, everyone would wonder why I bothered.
>>
>>54547092
> But if I just posted that here, everyone would wonder why I bothered.
Maybe because somebody asked an obvious question like "What color is the sky?".
>>
>>54546827
I'm sorry, but it's the one of the only ways, unless your a extremely uber powerful entity.
>>
>>54547198
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (392KB, 669x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
392KB, 669x900px
>>54546536
Sup, /wodg/. I'm running Apocalypse and I've got my players running around looking for a missing teenage kinfolk who got into hillbilly heroin. He's soon going to be on a train bound for project Aeneid with other members of the lost and the damned and the PCs are going to be getting on that train to free them... possibly with the help of a kinfolk who used to fly helicopters into Cambodia back in 'nam. Assuming that they're successful and aren't surprise wiped by the pentex first team and the dancer waiting therein, what's my follow up?

They're in Seattle and the under city is full of fomori who hate light (most of old town Seattle sank a full story because it was built on mud and sawdust... seriously) and I was planning on making them fight their way back to the sept during a "surprise blackout" when all of the nastiness that lurks below comes bubbling up.

Any other ideas for a follow on story?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FPb-Mcpjw
>>
>>54547447
have them all fuck each other, i'm sure they're all furries anyway, if they're playing werewolf
>>
>>54547601
Lazy bait is lazy.
>>
>>54547612
no u
>>
>>54547437
I posted the best way to beat a Mage because somebody asked.
>>
>>54547601
Low-quality bait.
>>
>>54547691
ur mom is low quality
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (111KB, 561x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
111KB, 561x624px
Anyone wanna get this party started? I just wanna run some murderdoge anger management simulator and then there's this guy who isn't even trying.
>>
Anybody got recommendations for a Forsaken game soundtrack?
Preferably ambient tracks and stuff without lyrics
>>
>>54547826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0svuurLibQ
>>
>>54547826
https://youtu.be/76Pq8sTFmvw
>>
What ever happened to Ethan Skemp? He used to be pretty much all about Werewolf, but he seems to have disappeared.
>>
>>54547447
Could introduce a pack of tougher-than-nails Bone Gnawers that are keeping the topside streets of Seattle clean with whatever it takes, even if they aren't part of the local sept politics. Give them a bit of hope that maybe there's enough badass in the Garou nation that everything might not be so doomed. Have the gnawers ask the pack to retrieve something from a "high class" place and force the pack out of their element by making them pull of a heist and steal an artifact from a fancy gallery/museum opening.
>>
>>54548644
Like, "there are highly trained mortal guards, very hard-to-tamper cameras, the artifact is in smack middle of an open space and there are a lot of people around during the day, double security during the night." No vampires, no mystical forces, just an aspiring artist that found some cool painted-and-feathered seashell from behind a garbage bin and incorporated it into his art without knowing it was a Garou fetish.
>>
Are there any mage 2e releases aside from the corebook yet?
>>
>>54547826
Anything by Hecq when they're in the shadow/astral.
>>
>>54548988
>Are there any mage 2e releases aside from the corebook yet?

Only the eras in Dark Eras and Dark Eras Companion.
>>
>>54549029
Damn. Oh well, thanks. I can work with that.
>>
>>54548988
>>54549029

Signs of Sorcery, the first Mage 2e supplement, is in development, and has been for about a year without comment from DaveB.
>>
Which type of Mage would fit for John Constantine?
>>
>>54549492
Obrimos alternatively, consider Sin-eater instead.
>>
>best way to counter mages
I stand by my theory that if you manage to poison a mage with datura stramonium extract, they're pretty much done for
the mode of delivery might be tricky but once in the system, it's good night forever in a matter of minutes and the delirant effects would be strong enough to keep even a life master to purge the poison from his body
unreliable, sure, but what isn't againsy mages ?
>>
>>54549787
Isnt thyrsus allready gobble every datura plant they can find for thatsweet sweet extatic mysteries?
>>
>>54546536

I'm a former VtM storyteller who got fed up and decided to change a bit : Sell me your favorite oWoD game
>>
>>54550762

MAGE MAGE MAGE
MAGE MAGE MAGE
MAGE MAGE MAGE
>>
>>54550580
Don't know about that, but I doubt they'd consume it otherwise than as a lightly infused tea
I was talking about a concentrated extract of the active elements of the plant, potentially thousands of times more potent than the natural plant
>>
>>54550762
Well, what did you like about VtM and what made you quit?

That will help us find a good alternative.
>>
>>54550931

I did not quit VtM and I certainly do not hate it but I need to change of air every once in a while
>>
>>54550947
Don't lie to us. You obviously ran afoul of a fat goth chick.
>>
>>54550947
Demon: the Fallen

Just read the first fiction with Gaviel and the televangelist. Then you will know if you will like it or not.
>>
>>54550968

Okay FINE, I'm tired of vampire's edgyness so I need to run something else for awhile
>>
>>54551036
Mage! Etherites are the best thing in wod.
>>
>>54551036
Don't play Ascension. It's hot, nonsensical garbage.
>>
>>54551117
It's not that nonsensical.
>>
>>54551117

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS TURD SANDWICH
ASCENSION IS FUN OR THE FAMILY
>>
>>54551117
>FUN OR THE FAMILY
Does that mean you have to choose between having fun and maintaining relationships with your family ?
Sounds more like Werewolf to me
>>
>>54551201
Please, don't hurt my family! I'll try to play your game, Brucatto, i swear!
>>
>>54551231
It actually sounds closer to real life.
>>
>>54551231
Judging by the infamous M20 opening fiction. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with what Mr. Brucatto deems "fun for the family"
>>
>>54551416
now *that* is too real
>>54551451
what's so family unfriendly about it ?
care to sum it up ?
>>
>>54551474
FATHER'S THRUSTING COCK
>>
don't forget the delicious food guys
>>
>>54551491
sounds like family fun to me
>>
So what could a Mage apostate who'd never actually had contact with another Mage concievably pick up on their own? I mean, summoning would pick up a lot of slack - that's if they knew how it worked.
>>
>>54551702
Ascension or Awakening?
>>
>>54551702
The books are somewhat unclear about how intuitive magic and Attainments are.

The fact that there are mentor-student relationships would imply that at least a good part of it requires training.

On the other hand, Banishers suffer few innate drawbacks besides lack of Rote Skills and Rotes...
>>
>>54551714
Awakening. Ascension I know.
>>
>>54551831
Most of the starting dots in an Arcana are just based off instinct. Banishers just sorta figure shit out after then Awaken.
>>
>>54551831
They might be able to figure out some basic Ruling Arcana shenanigans just by experimenting with raw Imago building, but beyond that, not much of anything, I would say. You need a teacher to learn common Arcana. High Speech comes for free if you're in an Order. They might be able to get a Path tool by feeling a symbolic resonance with it, but you would need to be a part of an Order to get Order tools, naturally.

However, there is a merit you can take up to three dots when making Apostate characters where you can get your Daimon to act as a mentor for you. Iirc you have to meditate for about four hours to get into contact with him, and they give you the scoop ("You've got magic, not superpowers. You're Awakened, my dude.) and can teach you magic and even rotes. Functions the same as a mentor, basically, except all they can do is teach you when you enter your Oneiros.
>>
>>54551947
Don't Banishers steal magic from Mages they kill?
>>
>>54552046
Not really.
>>
>>54552046
Banishers are just mages that want to kill other mages. A fairly reasonable disposition, if you ask me
>>
>>54552033
>You need a teacher to learn common Arcana.
You need a teacher to learn common Arcana above 4 dots.
ftfy
>>
>>54552299
Really? That just makes no sense. How do you learn them if no one teaches them to you? I can understand Ruling Arcana not requiring a mentor because it's practically the stuff your Path realm is made of.
>>
>>54552033
>there is a merit you can take up to three dots when making Apostate characters where you can get your Daimon to act as a mentor for you
I must have missed that. Where is this information from?
>>
>>54552433
I don't recall. I just remember reading it in one of the supplement books a while ago.
>>
>>54552405
>>54552299
Just another example of how mage is mary-sue bullshit
>>
>>54552405
Same way you pick them up during character creation, sort of. Vague, supernally charged intuition becomes Gnosis and the tower jams you full of hot, sticky knowledge. Learning it without a teacher is just you exercising your awakened will in the direction you think an arcanum is, until you figure something out, making a note in your little book and continuing until the abyss eats your soul or you spend the experience and learn the dot.
>>
>>54552405
Learning Common Arcana is also a bitch on account of the mana cost. Especially if you don't know the tricks to get it back.
>>
>>54549029
That doesn't count. That's just garbage to indulge RichT and keep what writers he has left from jumping ship.
>>
>>54552518
>>54552546
In light of this new information I somehow missed or misunderstood, I think I'll just make it so that you can learn up to 2 dots on your own, but require a teacher to learn Disciple Practices and above, because that's when you start being able to do more overt things and I think it adds more importance to get mentors and makes it more rewarding to actually take the merit.
>>
>>54552089
They protect the real world from the madness of the mages twisted "perfect" supernal world, that's so wonderful that it's pretty much reality kryptonite.
>>
For a legacy based around keeping your magic quiet, would an atypical primary 1st dot attainment of 'always reduce paradox as though using a magical tool, stacks with normal tools' come off as doable?
>>
>>54552643
In 2e there is no more Paradox for just doing 'vulgar' magic. Now it's just for doing it in front of Sleepers. If you kept your magic quiet, you would basically never incur Paradox unless you decide to Reach a lot. There's also already a Legacy like that in the Mage Noir book, with its members literally being called quiet mages.

But to answer your question, yes.
>>
File: IMG_0023.png (552KB, 681x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.png
552KB, 681x736px
>>54550762
Ascension. Ignore M20, get revised edition. It's half the length and actually is a complete game the metaphor may not be to your taste, however. Classic oMage has the players enmeshed in occult conspiracies while dodging the fucking Men in Black. If you do go this route, the only reason that you should look at M20 is as a list of hacks. Specifically paradox and the building of paradigm.

As in Vampire where you must enforce the morality system if nothing else, you must enforce paradox.

Apocalypse: you can run a more heroic game but you are doomed, tragic heroes fighting to restore order to an animistic world before it collapses in upon itself and you are running out of time. Combat heavy so house rule to a quicker system. Also, if you run political games, werewolf can be as cut throat as Vampire because their equivalent of mono Macy is always an option. Ignore faggots who meme for imaginary 4chinz points, no one New what a furry was when the game was released.
>>
File: 1499211205715.jpg (114KB, 736x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1499211205715.jpg
114KB, 736x1094px
>>54546536
>>
For W:tA, which do people prefer: rage as a spendable resource or rage as a progressive track a la the BNS LARP edition?
>>
Care to give a small explanation of how the LARP does it exactly?
>>
>>54553145
You start at 1 rage. Under certain conditions such as taking damage for the first time or at the start of turn, you gain another rage, capping off at 10. As you gain rage, you gain increased regeneration, damage or rage rounds. However, at Rage 8, 9 and 10, you enter frenzy, losing more and more control as you go up. There are ways to remove or reduce your rage through gifts or specific actions.
>>
>>54553323
Well, with the whole tagline of "When will YOU rage" having it be a resource to spend makes more sense since it is a player decision.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/

Wow the Contracts system is...radically different from 1e. Was this Common/Royal divide in the Hill playtest?
>>
>>54553372
Rose taking over sure was a welcome change.
>>
>>54553436

I suppose it's far more orderly than 1e. Five basic categories, a minor and a major version of both, a special affinity clause for a splat.
>>
>>54548644
They're already there. The Bloodhound gang. Though in this instance, they're affiliated with the local Glasswalkers in the urban sept. Setting wise, there are several small septs in the area, none above rank three. There are are:

>The player's sept (mixed tribe but Get and Shadow Lords are heavily represented)
>The local GW/BG sept in Seattle proper.
>A black Fury sept in the Olympic forest.
>A Wendigo sept near the Canadian border
>A Red Talon sept in the cascades

And none of these factions are talking to anyone else and it's the players' job to heal the divide and get them working together because, even if they're atomized and indulging in high school drama bullshit with each other, that's still a lot of batou even if the largest sept sits on a rank 3 Caern.
>>
>>54553372
In Hill's version contracts had dots, but were not related to one another. It did have the seeming-specific effects.
>>
File: 404px-Muscle_wizard.jpg (47KB, 404x599px) Image search: [Google]
404px-Muscle_wizard.jpg
47KB, 404x599px
Flipping through the converted legacies PDF, all I can think about for the perfected adepts is Arnold Schwarzenegger posing really hard at a pack of charging werewolves until they explode.

Actually, you could so easily do a character like that just flexing everywhere he goes. Get a posing pouch made into a dedicated magical tool. Toss in some mind so people don't realise you're wearing nothing but a posing pouch everywhere you go. God.
>>
File: angering the muscle wizard.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
angering the muscle wizard.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>54554101
>muscle wizard
>>
>>54554101
>TFW GoF Theurge
>>
Arthurian Britain has won :^). Prepare for more Mages
>>
>>54555050

>Camelot Supremacy
>>
>>54555050
>Inb4 Changeling and Hunter
>>
>>54555050
Thank god. I almost thought Epic of Gilgamesh was going to take it. They've already put up yet another poll though. Necropolis of Hawara, Greco-Persian wars, and Mississippi Steamboat era.

I'll level with you, I don't know the first thing about any of those and I have no clue what splats would be in each one. Well, Mummy will be in Egypt, probably, but beyond that, no clue.
>>
>>54555179
>Merlin Supremacy
>>
>>54555383
>Canon Supernal Symbol of Smug Bastards
>>
>>54555209
It's confirmed Changeling and Mage.
>>
>>54555642
where is it confirmed?
>>
>>54555378
>Epic of Gilgamesh
desu I had no idea about any poll (Very new to any kind of WoD) but this would have been the tits, you can all go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>54555847
It would be Beast. It would all go tits up.
>>
>>54555847

There's backer tiers to resurrect one that didn't win.
>>
>>54555847
>Implying OPP wouldn't have fucked it up
>>
>>54555378
I'd guess that Steambot Mississippi would be Vampire. The Greco-Persian Wars would likely be Werewolf, and the Epic of Gilgamesh Changeling. I'm basing that on Steamboats giving the opportunity for maximum REEE, the Greco-Persian wars being a bit.. nasty, and what we know about the Epic being pretty fucking weird and bearing some very faint resemblance in places to the changeling setting.
>>
>>54552792
>>54553644
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>54555642
[citation needed]
>>
>>54553372
>http://theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/
This is trash, given her work on thousand years of night and the like its not surprising rose can't do good mechanics.
>>
>Dave says that he won't vote for the Arthurian era as Mage was just chosen for Piracy.
>At the same time points out the sheer amount of references in Mage books and even some in Changeling books to the Arthurian mythos.
>tfw the subsequent increased interest in the era may have been sufficient to earn enough votes to beat Gilgamesh.
All hail our subtle and terrible Komodo Exarch!
>>
>>54556551

Note that Dave isn't developing the Mage / Deviant crossover era, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't develop or write the Arthurian era.

If Dave's not heavily involved, the Mage sections may be garbage or inconsistent with his overall vision.
>>
>>54556495

The developer does not specifically write up every single power in the game. That doesn't mean that they don't play a part but I feel like people put too much emphasis on the developers in books that are collaborative efforts.
>>
>>54556627
It could be trash, but then Neolithic Mage definitely wasn't, so I chose to be a cautious optimist until proven otherwise.
>>
>>54556670
Following Rose's lead instead of Hill's led to trash, Hill didn't write everything for the draft documents either, but he was still responsible for it. This is Rose's version of changeling, and its worse than 1e and its worse than Hill's.
>>
>>54556698

Dave developed Neolithic Mage
>>
>>54556406
Not a direct citation, but definitely an allusion:
>DaveB on RPG.net: "We'e been seeding ideas about the CofDs version of Arthurian legend for years in Mage and Changeling books (Medraut/Mordred is the anthropomorphic personification of Fate in the Chronicles setting,
>and Merlin is a canon Silver Ladder Acanthus who became an archmage and engineered both Camelot's rise and destruction to propel him through his Ascension - the crystal cave is his Sarira,
>(mages who ascend leave their nimbus behind, crystallised into a tass-like substance).
>But we just had a Mage era, so I voted for Jazz Age."
>>
I just like Mage2e's art. No more turbo unicycle of magic.
>>
>>54556765
Oh. Well, then I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
>>
>>54556803
This is some puppet master shit. All hail the Komodo.
>>
>>54556723

But neither Rose nor Hill actually wrote the specific mechanics for their versions. Basic guidelines, formats, and final approvals, yes, but the details are ultimately up to the writer placed in charge of an individual aspect of the game.

That's all I'm saying, I just think people lay a bit too much about these games on the developer's feet sometimes.
>>
>>54552618
Mentors already do a lot forcing them for magic is shit. magic is innate. It should be easy to learn most of it on your own. Developing formal rotes are another story.
>>
>>54556723
Hill's version of the game was trash so I don't see how this is worse.
>>
>>54556495
Mind explaining why?
>>
>>54557098
His rules were functional and could be back ported to update 1e. Roses stuff is such trash it's not even compatible.
>>
>>54556862
If rose isn't responsible then how come all of her books end up so shitty?
>>
>>54557226
A few of the powers seem a bit much but looking at them they seem fine.

>>54557250
wasn't she responsible for blood and smoke? that book still has the best mechanical system in the fuck gameline. That's not hyperbole.
>>
>>54556723
Who'd have thought that a trans would be worse than a Communist.
>>
>>54557281
Have you read any of the work she's done since? Every supplement for blood and smoke has been unedited non functional trash.
>>
>>54557250

I'm not saying there is no responsibility, my point is that there are more fault lines where mechanics and games can go bad than the developer.
>>
>>54557299
Not really to be honest, Requiem wasn't my jam. These powers don't seem too bad though. The system is almost the same.
>>
>>54555378
>choosing anything but greco-persian wars
this will be the mark of the Faggot
>>
>>54557299
To be fair to Rose, she has had less and less of an actual hand in those supplement.

SotC was almost entirely Hill's baby and TYoN was mostly handled by Fitzgerald.

Given past experience (Demon's good bits), I am willing to give Rose the benefit of the doubt.
>>
Jesus Christ Archmasters are no where near as strong as you chucklefucks claim. Reading through their abilities they are strong but far from omnipotent beings you idiots like to claim. An Archmaster of forces can only make an explosion on the level of a solar flare. You dumbasses made it seem like Archmasters are Q continuum level
>>
>>54558379
>Butthurt changeling fag
Still sore from highseas lost I see
>>
File: 400px-WHFBVampire.jpg (52KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
400px-WHFBVampire.jpg
52KB, 400x358px
First time trying to run vampire, trying to set up a game in Las Vegas, any advice that may help?" I'm having a bit of trouble making the political landscape into something interesting for a player group led by someone who's almost an elder in influence.
>>
>>54558436
Nah fuck off magebaby your marysue splat is garbage and are literally nowhere near as strong. Also mage Acadia has absolutely nothing to do with changeling and even the strongest Archmaster is but a mere babe before one of the True Fae.
>>
>>54558379
>>54558507
This is such obvious bait

I'm turning into a raisin from cringing so much
>>
>>54558507
Look at him! Look at him and laugh!
>>
>>54558379
That's only at 6 anon. there are still 3 more stats dots and 9 gives you omnipotence for a minute which given the system is all you need to flip it upside down.
>>
>>54558507
The True Fae are rank 7 living stories. They're on par with lesser to mid range Seekers.
>>
>>54558440
In Damnation City Las Vegas barely have a political landscape. It is pretty chaotic and the Prince only pretends at being able to keep order. Lots of space for a new group of dedicated neonates to make something of themselves.
>>
File: 1495903079654.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1495903079654.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>54558544
>cringing
>>
>>54558572
*citation needed
>>
File: 1496839745804.png (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
1496839745804.png
84KB, 554x460px
>>54558608
>>
Please ignore the above baiter
>>
File: MageAcanthus.jpg (243KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MageAcanthus.jpg
243KB, 768x1024px
>>54558507
>Liking the Fate of sucking mage dick
One arcana shits all over faeries
>>
Some dumbass actually made a thread about it

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/1120687-archmages-vs-other-supernaturals
>>
>>54558780
Thankfully most of the people there seem to be aware of the power of Archmasters and the limits of the Pax Arcana, unlike the shitposters here.
>>
>>54558672
>>54558688
>I didn't read imperial mysteries but I'm going to pretend I did.
>>
>>54558780
They really don't if they believe it's possible for anything but 6+ spirits and other mages to fight an archmaster. An archmaster who can reflexively retreat whenever he wants.
>>
What's so interesting about Archmages, again?

That's right. Nothing, because they are boring as hell.
>>
>>54559004
To you, mabye

Not to others
>>
>>54559004
Okay butthurt changeling fag keep jerking it to otherkin rape victims.
>>
Why is this general so consistently awful
>>
>>54559700
I mean... look at what game this general is for. It attracts degenerates of all kinds. There is your answer.
>>
>>54559700
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>54558440
Maybe add some Brood of Belial in the mix ? They fit the setting imo
>>
>https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608350/first-human-embryos-edited-in-us/?set=608342
What are modern Progenitors even supposed to do anymore?
>>
>>54559935
Create various useful chimeras, creating alien-human hybrids, creating the first unisex human (they are already perfect, so require no further evolution, just a means of asexual reproduction until eternal youth has been freed from paradox)... lots of things.
>>
why does the objectively most boring era lead the poll?
>>
File: NoEscape.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
NoEscape.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>54560320
cause DnD is kewlz
>>
>>54557082
I think that magic is better as a taught art. Whether you do it on your own through grimoires and books or have a teacher or meditate with soul stones or whatever, I feel like that's better than just spending xp and leveling up. It makes learning magic more of a journey, more rewarding for the player. This is my opinion, of course. I'm just saying this is how I will do it, not that the book should change to suit my tastes.
>>
>>54560794
I'm saying that makes no sense. Forcing everyone to learn by someone else means magic only makes sense if everyone is a book need. Art can be self taught and some of the best artists are. Certainly people who have classical training have some better understanding of how to apply their knowledge (This is the point of rotes) but making it dependent on being taught instead of learning through the mysteries or though exploration is just contrary to the setting. It is your setting but it changes the nature of how magic works.
>>
>>54560901
Magic is both learned and innate in Mage, old and new.

I prefer a mix.
>>
>>54560964
Yes, but requiring a teacher makes it a different setting. There are more ways than one to learn.
>>
>>54561002
>Yes, but requiring a teacher makes it a different setting
Not really. It's not always mandatory. Sometimes it is.

>There are more ways than one to learn.
This has always been a thing.
>>
>>54552964
>>54552964
I like the track, personally. I find that it's less of a 'gas tank' in that way, and exemplifies the Rage of a Werewolf.

>>54553372
Royal/Commoner? Fuck, we're getting Dreaming again.
>>
Mages aren't sorcerers in the D&D sense of the word. They're very much in-tune with the arcane sciences of the soul(Awakening) or the Avatar(Ascension)

Whether they're self taught or taught by others, it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
File: Alucard.png (643KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard.png
643KB, 600x800px
>>54561201
Who the fuck cares retarded mage fag. Kindred is the best splat.
>>
>>54561364
>Kindred is the best splat.
Then why are they repeatedly second best?

:^)
>>
>>54561419
>dies upon supernatural contact with a mage.
Dies upon physical contact with a werewolf.

Uh-huh...
>>
File: Girugamesh back at u bro.png (295KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
Girugamesh back at u bro.png
295KB, 600x519px
I am pleased with Arthurian Britain, I think it'll make an excellent setting. But I wish we didn't have to choose between it and the Epic of Gilgamesh, because to lose one at the expense of the other is just too much to ask.
>>
>>54561364
>Kindred is the best splat.
>Weak to fire, sunlight, and go into a coma with a called shot.
>Literally every mortal knows these weaknesses
How are they the best splat?
>>
>>54561002
>There are more ways than one to learn.
I did lay out other ways I would have them learn. I should clarify, I feel that there should be more to it than just buying the dot. If you have a mentor, you can learn Common Arcana from them when you buy the dot. If a Mage owes you a favor, you can get them to teach you some stuff. If you have Order status in the Mysterium or Free Council, you can browse their Athenaea or Lorehouses to see what books they have for you to study. You can find Supernal knowledge in ancient ruins and libraries. Things like that. I would say self taught Common Arcana should cost more xp. And of course any Ruling Arcana you get from a Legacy you can learn normally. And like I said, these extra requirements would only be required from Disciple rank onward.

That's just how I want to do it. I don't feel like the way the game does it is really a flaw in any way.
>>
Have you seen anyone reach powerstat 10 in a game? Mummy and Loud!Demon doesn't count.
>>
How many of these poll things are actually going to be published?
>>
>>54562719
Two at least, because of backers
>>
File: wodg_nessie.jpg (186KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
wodg_nessie.jpg
186KB, 480x720px
Give me one (1) good reason why your players aren't having to deal with a Beast moving into the neighborhood when they make such good side antagonists.
>>
>>54562809
The pirate one I know. What's the other?
>>
>>54562877
Arthur's Britain. And we have two backers that can resurrect eras and one who can pitch his own
>>
>>54562719
Assuming that anything happens with them before like 2020. I mean, OPP may be kill by NuWW by that point.
>>
File: 1498690239538.gif (768KB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
1498690239538.gif
768KB, 280x182px
My dick story teller tricked me into rolling a spirit mage in a combat heavy campaign Help!! I have no idea what this arcana can even do offensively
>>
>>54561691
I believe it's mandatory to learn from other Mages when trying to achieve certain dots in your non-Ruling Arcana.
>>
>>54563425
Only the fifth dot. For the Inferior Arcanum, it starts at two dots.
>>
>>54563397
Ascension or Awakening?
>>
>>54563124
How is NuWW going to kill anything? Is V5 secretly a hit and people only complain about it on here, and for no real reason?
>>
Where is this 'mages don't learn from others' nonsense coming from?
>>
>>54563488
Awakening
>>
File: 2e p.84.png (94KB, 515x431px) Image search: [Google]
2e p.84.png
94KB, 515x431px
>>54563508
It's true. You only need a teacher to learn the final dot in a Common Arcanum, and from Disciple rank (third dot) onward for the Inferior Arcanum.
>>
>>54563591
That's not what I mean. Personal growth is one thing, but not learning 'tricks' and 'techniques' from other mages? That's a bit preposterous.

Rotes, how to work various Yantra n' such being prime examples.
>>
>>54563555
Command the Spirits of conflict and bloodshed to give your party buffs for all rolls related to combat actions and so forth.

Spirit is an exceptionally versatile arcana it's almost always useful.
>>
>>54563624
What if I am being attacked by a crazy vampire enslaved by an evil master death mage who has played too much DnD and is trying to turn himself into a lich?
>>
>>54563624
I'm honestly surprised that most Magefags flock to the 'Acanthus supremacy' angle of things.

Spirit is easily one of the most potent Arcana.
>>
>>54563555
Spirit is actually pretty crazy useful. At the very least you can use the standard Fraying and Unraveling spells in the book, but you can also craft fetishes to bind spirits and use their powers. Like binding a fire elemental into an object, turning it into a Paradox free flamethrower (spirits are of the fallen world and therefore don't cause Paradox). You could also get a spirit familiar, and other things. As a Thyrsus you also get life, another useful and versatile Arcanum, that can let you become a muscle wizard or take on aspects of animals, or just straight up become an animal, like a bear or a falcon.

And has been pointed out, nothing is stopping you from taking Forces or Space or Matter or whatever you want, except Mind would be a bit more difficult.
>>
>>54563397
Visit your local gunshop, bro out with the Spirit of Gun that resides there and get it to tag along under the promise of "dude wanna go shoot the shit out of stuff".
>>
>>54563614
>That's not what I mean.
That's what they mean. They're talking about Arcana dots.
>>
>>54563714
I am super new to Mage so I never even thought about being able to learn other arcanas. Lore wise how many paths will and average mage master in a lifetime? How about a gifted mage or genius mage?
>>
>>54563756
Typically twice great Masters are as good as they get. Twice great meaning they've mastered two Arcana. Beyond that are the Mages that are considered EXTREMELY powerful and dangerous. Not that twice great Masters aren't also extremely dangerous, but you know what I mean.

If you want to know what kind of Arcana spread you can get, it depends largely on your choices. You can be a Disciple (3/5 dots) right out of character creation, leaving you only one step from being an Adept, who are also considered to be serious business. Conversely you can spread it out a bit, have a more versatile but not as potent skill set, and you would also take a bit longer to reach Adept level. It's also advised not to spend all of your xp on Arcana. The book says that rising stars in the Consilium are typically slapped down before they can get a big head, big heads being more than just an annoying trait among Mages.
>>
>>54563756
I would say double masters are rare but not unknown, triple masters are like 1% maybe, anything more and one has to wonder wtf has done with his life
>>
>>54563869
They are called 2nd so on degree masters
>>
>>54563756
>average mage master

There really isn't an "average" master. In order to achieve mastery in a single Arcanum requires a Gnosis of 5, and mastery of more than a single Arcanum requires Gnosis 6+. Mages of such power almost certainly also have great experience, resources. allies, enemies, etc., and the Arcana themselves are extremely versatile.

A first degree master is the very top tier of the supernatural community, and a force not to be fucked with. On a practical level, anything more is overkill.
>>
File: WilliamSpence.png (428KB, 672x878px) Image search: [Google]
WilliamSpence.png
428KB, 672x878px
>>54563905
Anyone above third degree mastery has either become an archmage, ascended, or no longer cares about anything outside their personal arcane obsessions.

In any case they're powerful enough to be more of a deus ex machine than an NPC or an antagonist.
>>
>>54564105
How does that old man have dots in all ten Arcana? What has he been doing?
>>
>>54563756
As powerful as it can get? After the second mastery all that's left is ascencion so even if they exist they are usually doing quests in the astral,Deep in the umbra, underworld, focused on their misteries and sending their servants for other things.
>>
How long does it take to reach Mastery for the average Mage?
>>
>>54564407
Magic is intuitive, innate and academic in the personal sense, so I'm guessing a while.

PCs are an outlier.
>>
>>54564243
He's basically the leader of a Seer Ministry. And being a devoted servant of the Exarchs comes with a lot of perks.
>>
On the topic of games infinitely better than Mage: The Self-Insertening:

What's the status of Wraith 20th Anniversary?
>>
>>54564524
sucking dirt
>>
>>54564524
Stuck in development purgatory, achieving maximum meta status.
>>
>>54564407
Depend how many misteries they answer, in awakening they learn magic by being exposed to the supernatural.
>>
>>54564579
Translation: It depends on how fast you up your Gnosis and dump xp into an Arcanum.
>>
>>54563694
Use the spirits of the people they've both harmed to exact potent revenge. Vampires are ultra weak to spirits, having few good tools to handle incorporeal enemies.
>>
How useful are ghosts? Say that you healed their corpus.
>>
LANCEA RECTUM
>>
So are mages not actually wizards? They just seem to snap their fingers and do stuff.

Where's all the arcane words, rituals, spells, grimoires, extensive libraries and magical artifacts?
>>
>>54564758
All the words a Mage needs is "fuck you," and the only artifact a Mage requires is his fedora and his enchanted Katana.

*tips my fedora at you*
>>
>>54564758
You use the occult shit to gather power and make artifacts.
>>
>>54564758
>arcane words
High Speech
>rituals
Base without spent Reach
>spells
Rotes, Praxes etc
>grimoires
>extensive libraries
The Mysterium
>magical artifacts
Prime

Yes, Mages are very evidently wizards.
>>
>>54564105
That's not true. A lot of multi-masters don't have what it takes to become one or fear it. Archmastery is dangerous and suicidal and some people chase it all their life to never find it.
>>
>>54564758
There's a common misunderstanding going around that Mages (be they from Ascension or Awakening) are closer (using D&D terms) to sorcerers than wizards.

They're really not.
>>
>>54564758
Academic reaserch won't increase their arcana, but it will prepare them to face the misteries themselves, understand too that not all mages have all the arcana, they might need to know what an apprentice of space knows in order to help someone with spirit, they have mountains of occult knowledge but learning about that stuff might teach you how to better use the magic have but won't give you more power.
>>
>>54557250
Patriarchy. Transmitted patriarchy, from when she shitposted non-stop.
>>
>>54558544
I'm really disappointed in our local trolls. They've realised just how easy they have it here and aren't even working for their shitstorms.
>>
Does anyone know a remedy for hemorrhoids?
>>
>>54564821
Beat me to it.
>>
>>54563591
Presumably a supernal entity coming down to check your Forces homework counts, so once you get 3 dots you're fine for everything that isn't an inferior arcanum.
>>
I really wish they'd bring back the Liches from Ascension in Awakening. The tremere are just.. meh. Yeah, yeah, final watchtower in the void, houses, blah blah. I just can't get excited about the idea of them being in my game.
>>
>>54565152

Life 3
>>
>>54565176
Liches in Awakening refers to any Mage prolonging their life, most likely through douchebaggery.
Tremere are a mix of Lich n' Reaper

That's all they are. Bring them back if you want, as long as it's abiding the current magic system.
>>
>>54565202
Yeah, problem is that they don't really work in the current system so well. Ah well. Else I'd hit up the ST to let me go looking for some weirdness on the topic and do a special snowflake.
>>
File: Le Thing.jpg (1MB, 1920x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Le Thing.jpg
1MB, 1920x1045px
What would The Thing be in CofD? Abyssal horror? Life magic gone wrong?
>>
>>54565152
Rubber band ligation is typically recommended as the first-line treatment in those with grade 1 to 3 disease.[6] It is a procedure in which elastic bands are applied onto an internal hemorrhoid at least 1 cm above the dentate line to cut off its blood supply. Within 5–7 days, the withered hemorrhoid falls off. If the band is placed too close to the dentate line, intense pain results immediately afterwards.[1] Cure rate has been found to be about 87%[1] with a complication rate of up to 3%.[6]
>>54565238
Probably a deviant or low-end idigam.
>>
>>54565259
Thanks!
>>
File: dog thing.gif (1018KB, 477x185px) Image search: [Google]
dog thing.gif
1018KB, 477x185px
>>54565238
Even as a cartoon picture the dog-Thing still creeps me the fuck out.

That whole movie scared me pale when I was a kid.
The effects still hold up to this day.
>>
>>54565604
The Thing is a masterpiece.
>>
>>54565236
Could you clarify?

There's several ways to become a lich with different levels of acceptance in mage society.

Ripping out peoples souls or stealing their lifespan? You'd probably get branded as left handed and hunted down by every Guardian and Arrow in the area.

Religiously casting spells that slow your aging or modifying your natural regeneration? You'd probably get some more anal retentive guardians looking at you and some raised eyebrows at meetings but most would look the other way.
>>
>>54563506
>Is V5 secretly a hit and people only complain about it on here, and for no real reason?

Well, people like to talk about Exalted 3rd like it's a failure due to its glacial release schedule, but it continues to be in the top end of the sales charts on DTRPG, so...
>>
>>54565886
And if you used your Attainments to move your mind into a mecha body, what reaction would that get?
>>
>>54565965
Were we talking about Exalted 3rd?
>>
>>54565886
Ascension lichdom. It doesn't really work in the context of awakening. An Ascension lich is basically a turbo-vampire who makes other vampires go "dude, that guy is like twice as undead as the rest of us" and makes themselves a mostly static piece of the universe. Their arete - gnosis - never rises any further but they can improve their spheres - arcana - as much as they like. Without writing the entire entry out, there's a pile of thematics which don't really apply in Awakening. Which is a shame, because Ascension liches are something I'm fond of.

Without writing out the entire
>>
>>54565965
It is a failure. My group lost all motivation to play it and when it did come out it was unwieldy and not much better. Hype doesn't last forever.
>>
>>54566015
>the point

>your head
>>
>>54566051
>Without writing out the entire
Um Anon...you alright?
>>
File: ff.jpg (638KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
638KB, 1600x1200px
>>54565238
I would say either Deviant or Changeling.
>>
>>54566213
Yeah no

The Thing is an absolute monstrosity
>>
>>54566091
Right back at ya.
>>
Mage the Awakening
Need help with a shadow name.
I'm the combat monkey, driven by a very specific sense of vengeance and a desire to wipe my enemies from the face of the earth, and then erase all traces they ever existed.

So...I my tired brain came up with Dulahan. A HEADLESS undead monster from celtic lore that curses it's foes by pointing at them, and was also a powerful warrior oft depicted as a knight.

Anyone got a better idea because unless I'm a moros with a permanent spell on my head, I'm not living for all.
>>
File: nothinpersonnel.jpg (92KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
nothinpersonnel.jpg
92KB, 780x770px
>>54566514
>driven by a very specific sense of vengeance and a desire to wipe my enemies from the face of the earth, and then erase all traces they ever existed.

This seems appropriate.
>>
File: changling4-bottom.png (479KB, 548x1835px) Image search: [Google]
changling4-bottom.png
479KB, 548x1835px
I just found this. It's done by two people I know in real life and I just...its so painfully unfunny. And they literally patted themselves on the back for a 'diverse group of SW fans'. It's two middle class white straight people who make this comic, too and they never shut up about lack of diversity in WoD despite that clearly being untrue. Why does WoD keep attracting dumbasses like this?
>>
>>54566271
>>54565238
My Ascension party is facing what amounts to the Thing in an abandoned deep sea Void Engineer facility. Everything is pitch black also the Thing is a Marauder.

So far my players are handling it quite well.
>>
>>54566514
Is Dulahan the kind of shadow name your character would pick? What kind of person is he? What kind of things does he know about?
>>
Which factions in the CoD work best with each other? I can see the Mysterium working well with the Autumn Court, for example.
>>
File: you jest.jpg (9KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
you jest.jpg
9KB, 202x200px
>>54568488
>Mysterium working well with the Autumn Court

Oh anon. Don't make me laugh so hard in the morning. Please. I just can't.
>>
>>54568511
What is there to laugh about? Each faction has knowledge the other doesn't. No one is omniscient just because they became a Mage.
>>
>>54568677
No, what he means is that mages can't function properly with anyone, because they're insufferable cunts and all the knowledge they posess can't outweigh how fucking conceited they are
He even gave a brilliant demonstration
>>
>>54568708
I'd say that depends on the Consilium, but you have a point.
>>
>>54568488
There are 'probably' Changeling experts among the Orders from what DaveB has mentioned.

I imagine these select 'few' Mages would get along well enough, but not an entire Order.
>>
>>54568744
Seriously, though, I doubt many supernaturals would willingly interact with mages, given that there's a 50/50 chance the mage actually wants to study them and cut them up for spell reagents
Sharing your knowledge with people like that borders on the suicidal and I'd think thay when such relationships exist, they would be very guarded and rife with disinformation on both sides
Changelings of the Autumn Court might be interested in the secret of mages, but they're also the best informed and thus would be the most prudent
Only a Demon that's a literal retard would want anything to do with a mage, as it's just a cover breach waiting to happen and you don't want to make pacts with sore losers
Vampires would probably interact with them quite a bit, because they're mostly in the dark when it comes to magic, so they'd be the less prudent about mages, and they represent valuable sources of info from the past
Ordo Dracul is the first thing that springs to mind because these guys try and mess with everything not under the sun, also I think some of them can resist the fog of ages, which can prove invaluable to retain information
Mummies would certainly be useful contacts for mages and would very much like to trade info or services for magical artifacts imbued with the power they crave, and would be the ones most likely to treat with them on equal footing, but it depends heavily on the mummy, since some are completely amnesiac and thus not that valuable
Prommies, geists and beasts, I don't know
In most cases though, I'd expect it to be the mages contacting other splats to try and pull them in their intrigues
>>
>>54563506
You do realize that, if OPP can't produce content in a timely manner and NuWW starts taking flak for it, they could pull the licenses right? Many people also expect some of the OPP staff, who have had a 'well, I can't talk about my feelings on that' response to the histrionics about NuWW, to get shitcanned.
>>
>>54563506
Eh. We don't know how much of a hit V5 will be. We have a shittily-written scenario, and a packet that is pre-alpha to test ONE MECHANIC.
>>
>>54568824
>Spell regents
stopped reading. you have no idea how mage works.
>>
>>54568846
>ONE MECHANIC
they could at least have added an indian and a sailor
>>
>>54568858
Eat shit nerd
>>
So is it impossible to befriend werewolves, vampires and changelings as a mage?

Surely you're not obliged to be a dickhead.
>>
>>54568891
Go back to jerking it to otherkin.
>>
>>54568917
no u
>>
>>54567241
It isn't the sort of name he would pick because it lacks bite.

Before becoming a mage it would have been something he would have known as video games are a common form of entertainment for the modern soldier and para-military contractor.

Before Awakening he worked for a PMC and had done a tour in South America securing the personal of the mining operation for kidnap and the operation for interference by the Cartels. His background is as a Private Military Contractor.

His personality is very direct, very action oriented and very calculating. Violence is a means to an end and a paycheck for the most part.

Changelings on the other hand, need to be exterminated.
>>
>>54569397
you sound like an edgelord
>>
>>54569490
What part is the eddgiest?
>>
>>54569512
The whole headless business is pretty edgy and pointless, but mostly the "calculating and violent, nothing personnel kid"
>>
>>54569397
>His personality is very direct, very action oriented and very calculating
Then he should have a shadow name that's direct, action oriented, and calculated to inspire fear.

Headsman? Hangman? Guillotine? Claymore? And ignore the edgelord complaints. It's all in the execution.
>>
>>54568824
>fog of ages
In 2e it does no longer exist.

>>54568858
Eh, it doesn't matter that much if you call it regent or sacrament yantra.
>>
So what do you think about eras from the new poll? Which splats will it be?
My guess:
Necropolis of Hawara - Mummy + ?
Greco-Persian Wars - no idea
Mississippi Steamboat Era - Prometheans + ?
>>
>>54569859
It would be amazing if one of the Mississippi splats were Innocents - Tom Sawyer comes to mind.
>>
>>54569859
>Necropolis of Hawara - Mummy + ?
Geist.
>Greco-Persian Wars - no idea
Vampire and Werewolf.
>Mississippi Steamboat Era - Prometheans + ?
Demon.

This was largely pulled out of my butt.
>>
>>54570169
innocents is the most unnecessary book in the game. i don't know why you wouldn't just focus on a young protagonist.
>>
>>54568837

This would imply that NuWW has any response to flack besides "write a blog post about it." It's not going to happen, Elriccson's close to OPP management and the money's still good.
>>
>>54570414
Yeah if OPP sided with david hill it would be another story but you know he's been booted.
>>
>>54569761
Wrong, it exists just isnt default. Stop spreading aids
>>
>>54570557
ctrl + f "fog of ages"
Not found
try again, fag
>>
>>54570557
Fog of ages is such a shit mechanic/plot device. Why would you even try shilling it?
>>
What would be the best splat to make a not!Conan character ?
No mage please
>>
>>54570206
I have to admit Demon looks like the only splat that could make steamboats not boring
>>
>>54571939
A Wolf-blooded
>>
>>54566997
They cater to them. That's why.
>>
>>54572271
Thanks, I had completely forgotten about those
Is there any difference between 1e and 2e wolfblooded ?
>>
>>54571277
>During her slumber, she experiences strange, >nonsensical dreams that keep her mind >active and exercised. Usually, this means >she’s prepared to adapt to a new world. >Sometimes, this goes awry; she wakes up a >whole new person, or, rarely, with distorted >memories of her past existence.

EAT MY ASS, its still a thing.
>>
>>54572007
Demon car, the best power in any rpg.
>>
>>54571939
It's not a mage, but could you stomach a proximi? Something with prime and life (to make him more resistant to magic and the trials of life) and a curse that mimics Conan's blackness and depression?
>>
Reality is shaped by belief in ascension, right?

So memes like Pepe would really exist?
>>
>>54564607
Those are ghosts. Death magic, not Spirit. Spirit is a very specific term in WoD, referring to spirits of non-human things in the animistic sense. Still, spirits of murder, grief, revenge probably hover around vampires like flies around shit. Plus those of their own personal vices.
>>
>>54574199
It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>54574199
>>54574251
It would probably fail because of lack of sheer number of people believing in Pepe. If you got half the world's population to believe in Pepe, then you would definitely change the Consensur enough.
>>
>>54574346
Don't the Settites worship some version of Kek?
>>
>>54574055
You, sir, are my brethren of african american descent
Pun intended
>>
>>54565238
Gulmoth or idigam.
>>
File: news_1489112393_86305.jpg (13KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
news_1489112393_86305.jpg
13KB, 300x267px
>>54574199
In my setting I changed how the Umbra works entirely, so instead of the typical Umbroods and other Werewolf lore, all the traditional afterlives and pantheons exist in various dimensions, each with its traditional denizens both great and small. These denizens don't use the Spirit rules, but are instead statted out like normal characters, but with a list of Rotes representing any powers they had. These Realms act mostly like just other locations Mages [and other things] can travel to.

Therefore the Digital Web is itself yet another Realm formed by mass belief, and in this model its a mirror of the internet. Every website is a location in the Digital Web with its own inhabitants, and while its not powerful enough to make literally every pop culture icon have existence, Meme Spirits do exist and inhabit them.

So yes, in my setting there really are frogmen wandering the twisted landscapes of cyberspace.
>>
>>54569541
You forgot the "He's more 70 Maxims of the Maximally effective Mercenary. ~By Howard Taylor" than "Nothing personal Kid, It's just business."
>>
>>54568858
>stopped reading. you have no idea how mage works.

Dont mage go hunting for sacraments? I remember a fiction of a Mage who wanted a Werewolf´s baby for magic.
>>
Why do you like your favorite splat?
>>
>>54577229
Flexibility to tell a wide variety of stories.
Or it let me release the stress of my life (changeling: The Lost and it's abuse/trauma parallels)
>>
>>54577229
Mage because I got bullied in my youth and I want REVENGE
>>
>>54577429
I think the game you want is Beast then.
>>
>>54577429
DAMN YOU CHAD

YOU DID THIS TO ME

LOOK AT WHAT I'VE BECOME
>>
>>54577229
I like mage for the theme of finding more about the universe and dealing with something bigger than yourself.
>>
File: Mr. Bombardini.jpg (391KB, 1203x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Bombardini.jpg
391KB, 1203x1400px
>>54577458
Or Vampire.
>>
>>54577229
I like Promethean, the stories focused on character change and progression get to me. The feeling of jumping into a new refinement and getting all the new abilities and role but knowing you can't truly go back to what you were can make the game feel more invigorated without escalation.

I'm terrible at running it, for some reason I make 'great' vampire and mage settings, but I'm bad at running my favorite game.
>>
>>54577961
why game with these people?
>>
>obligatory magefag post
>>
>>54565238
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/87831-the-thing-from-another-world
>>
Who's the main splat antagonist for Prometheans?
>>
>>54581500
Themselves....
>>
>>54581517
>muh personal horror
>>
>>54566997
Reminds me of a rule in VtR that causes your character to still menstruate for a bonus to cruac.
>Your character must identify as female
Made me really question it, because the way it's worded implies (or at least to me) trans vampires.

You're playing a fantasy game, implicit with being a Vampire. Why do you insist on making yourself trans if you could just be your preferred gender? Seems like you're just doing it to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>54581536
That's how it looks to me. Most of there stuff is self inflicted suffering with a few foes unique to them but not frightening to them on the level of Stryx for vampires, Idagams, or Heroes. Where they are a total foil to the Promethean.
>>
>>54581723
>>
>>54577229
I really like the idea of ageless spirit-people watching the world pass them by while another world they're incredibly weak and ineffectual inside tries to draw them in.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.