[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e Multiclass Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1dcookie.jpg (99KB, 452x565px) Image search: [Google]
1dcookie.jpg
99KB, 452x565px
Hey /tg/,

My group is running a 5e game, and I am playing a 3 Swashbuckler/ 2 Warlock, wielding a rapier. This is the first time I have played a Multiclassed character, the first time I have ever done anything with Warlock, and I had a couple questions: Is it worth it to take pact of the blade with Swashbuckler? How high should I level each class? I was thinking 12 Swash/ 8 Lock or 15 Swash/ 5 Lock, but I am not sure. Is there any suggestions y'all may have for playing this type of character?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>54541738
Why isn't Muppet a player race?
>>
>>54541756
because muppets are traditionally harvested for food by standard races
>>
Optimization is boring as fuck, you are why d&d is kill
>>
>>54542074
have you ever gone into some character creation shit based on pure fluff and realized it came out super cheese? feels bad man.
>>
File: Oof.png (314KB, 374x462px) Image search: [Google]
Oof.png
314KB, 374x462px
>>54542074
OP here. I am not trying to Optimize the character. The whole reason the character is multiclassed is because of a story event. I've just never multiclassed before nor played a Warlock, so I figured I'd ask the board dedicated to TTRPGs for some advice on the matter.
>>
>>54542203
Honestly rogue is one of those classes that works just as well with 5+ levels as it does with 15. I'd go for the 15 Swash/5Lock just for the extra attack which can help. Depends what spells you want. You could even go 17/3 - go tome and grab Find Familiar, and use Booming Blade/Greenflame blade as your main attacks.
>>
>>54544507
Thank you! I will definitely take your advice.
>>
Pact of the Blade is a total trap.
>>
>>54547789
How so?
>>
>>54547789
pact of the blade is a trap because a) the other pacts outclass it SIGNIFICANTLY in the amount of versatility and power you get.
b) warlocks generally don't want to be on the front lines due to their very squishy bodies that monsters just love as chew toys.
If you want to melee people with your rogue levels, just take shillelagh from tome pact.
Charisma will become the stat you use for it and you can sneak attack people with your DASHING GOOD LOOKS! Which is really what being a swashbuckler is all about.
Use your warlock spells for things like giving you advantage on dex checks so you can do some flips that put Errol Flynn to shame.
>>
>>54547800
Generally nothing you can do with a melee weapon as a warlock with beat out just using eldritch blast with hex and the agonizing blast invocation. That said explaining why you wanted that particular multiclass combination would make it easier to help you
>>
>>54548210
You can't sneak attack with a club or quarterstaff as they aren't finesse weapons. Pact of the blade is usually a trap but getting an extra attack is probably worth.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.