/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently a player had to leave a game early, in the middle of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: CLASS.png (576KB, 863x351px) Image search: [Google]
CLASS.png
576KB, 863x351px
Recently a player had to leave a game early, in the middle of combat. To account for his character suddenly going inactive, I said that he'd been knocked unconscious during the fight. He wasn't killed, captured, maimed or anything: nothing permanent.
When the player found out what happened to his character, he got very annoyed and told me that I had been wrong to
>Control/have something happen to his character without him being present
>Knock his character unconscious immediately despite him still having high health
If you found yourself in the same situation as I did, would you just ignore the character for the remainder of the session, or would you come up with some way of explaining their absence like I had?
>>
>>54540402
As far as I know the only other solution would have been to turn the character over to someone else to play as until your player returned.

Ask him if running the risk of having his character killed off by another player would have been preferable.
>>
>>54540402
Generally I just say they flee and meet up next session.

On the other hand it sounds like you have a real crybaby who will probably throw a huge bitchfit if they actually ever lose a fight or god forbid die. A harmless knockout is perfectly reasonable response to someone having to leave.
>>
>>54540402
Your player sounds like a gigantic faggot for even thinking this was an issue. In all games I've played, with multiple different groups, the GM always take control over absentees, with the understanding that they'll respect the player and try to run the character accordingly and minimally, often resorting to having the character knocked out, go run errands off-screen, be mysteriously absent, or anything to that effect.

One time, for three sessions, the group was carting one absent player's character around because he was sleepy/high/drunk.

Unless the player specifically gave instructions as to otherwise, knocking him out because of a sudden blow to the head was the right call, and surely better than have him partake in the fight and possibly die without the player present. So fuck him.
>>
>>54540487
>Generally I just say they flee and meet up next session.
>ANON HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY CHARACTER A COWARD YOU TOTALLY RAILROADED ME EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER I WOULD NEVER DO THAT
>>
>>54540402
I guess you could have instead said "More enemies burst in and so-and-so takes them on but they force him into another area and you can't see what's become of him. Or something, guess it depends on the scenario. That said player is just being whiny.
>>
>>54540402
>Control/have something happen to his character without him being present
that's an absurd thing to be offended about

KO I can understand because depending on how hard your setting's reality is that can have medical or character based consequences besides inactivity
but fighting the GM on narrative direction is always a bum argument, especially since you gave him a kid gloves punishment
>>
>>54540550
>player runs away from the game
>his character runs away from the combat
>>
>>54540550
>okay you stay and die
>HOW DARE YOU

Luckily I have no that guys in my group, except maybe the guy who is TOO cowardly and doesn't support the party
>>
Kick him out. You handled it the best way possible and your player is a faggot who just wants to start shit.
>>
>>54540607
And how would you explain the others being unable to follow? "no you can't, because reasons"? Shit-tier GMing. For the vast majority of my characters, they'd want to go after him to save him.
>>
File: Fucking why.png (156KB, 331x537px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking why.png
156KB, 331x537px
>>54540402
No you did fine. He's just being autistic.

Hell you did one better than I ever do. If a player has to leave I just stop acknowledging his existense unless he's a prime focus atm in which case I npc him
>>
>>54540627
>KO I can understand because depending on how hard your setting's reality is that can have medical or character based consequences besides inactivity
Obviously, in this case, you're knocked out with no adverse effects, probably without even losing health. It's a narrative knock-out, so to say. Anything else would be retarded.
>>
>>54540688
>And how would you explain the others being unable to follow?
As I said, depends on the scenario.
> "no you can't, because reasons" Shit-tier GMing.
If that's the best reason you can come up with then yes you are shit at GMing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.