[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unarmed Attacks Dual Weild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

If you were playing a homebrew class that dealt 1d6+str mod for unarmed weapons instead of 1+Str mod and you fought without weapons, would a single attack mod be 2d6+str (using both fists in the strike) or just 1d6+str?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>54533008
that is a very system dependent question.
>>
>>54534505
5e
>>
>>54535476
It would be 1d6+str, in the same way that a human doesn't use 2+str (using both fists). It doesn't make any sense. Hitting with both fists would require making two attacks, which you can do if you have multiple attacks. As far as I know, RAW you don't dual wield your fists, you can't utilize dual wielding with unarmed strikes.
>>
>>54533008
>>54535507

So do monks have like one massive 20STR arm for hitting and one tiny 10STR arm for whatever else?
>>
>>54535644
Have you ever boxed in real life?
Think of the basic jab-straight. The jab doesn't pack all your strength into it, it's a measuring shot that sets up your power punch, then you pivot your hips and put your strength into the straight that comes after the jab. Use your head here. Think about it instead of just asking dumb shit.
>>
>>54535644
>D&D makes no sense1!!
no shit sherlock
>>
>>54533008
Even if you fucking spear yourself, flying kick him or whatever, even if you had 5 billion arms and hit with all at the same time...1d6+Str, period.
>>
>>54535644
The way you punch doesn't typically lend well to using 2 hands. If you're using both hands it usually doesn't do much more damage than 1.
There are some fancy kungfu moves or probably monk magic you can use with 2, but that wouldn't be affected by dual wielding fists as it works on a different concept than a typical punch.
>>
>>54535644
>Monks in 5e
>Str
Stop proving you have no idea of the game you're playing, your first post was enough
>>
>>54533008
Seems like a shut and close case of Dual-Weapon Attack for whatever unarmed skill you're using. Remember that the off-hand for unarmed attacks carries no penalty, so you're at a straight -4/-4 for both. Since this is a cinematic campaign, I'll let you buy up the technique.
>>
>>54535507
>As far as I know, RAW you don't dual wield your fists, you can't utilize dual wielding with unarmed strikes.

You could technically in the pre errata rules. Unarmed strikes counted as simple weapons. They didn't have the light property so you'll need the dual wielding feat but they counted as weapon as far as the rules concerned.

I don't know why they changed it to be honest.
>>
>>54543150
cuz martial classes arent allowed to have fun
>>
>>54543177
Yeah I figured it someone told Mike "fuck martials" Mearls what he had done and is his mind exploded.

I mean it takes a whole feat and restricted from using a two hand weapon or shield. So I don't why he should care myself.
>>
>>54543337
>sacrifice AC with no shield
>sacrifice opportunity for magic or masterwork weapons
>no spells slots
>fists as light? HAH, no, they get no weapon buffs, in fact theyre not weapons, now fuck off while I draw more drow in robes

5e is cancer for nonmagic users
>>
>>54543337
Why Mearls get so much shit in 5e? in the sageadvice he seems like a cool dude and says "I'd allow it" to a lot of stuff for martials, is Jeremy Nofunallowed Crawford the one who goes "fuck your martials, monk specially" everytime in the FAQs and sageadvice
>>
>>54543393

A long history. He's the guy who turned 4e into a shambling corpse with essentials in a vain attempt to win back 3.5 fans by going 'Look, martial characters who don't do anything but basic attack are now the name of the game!'

He also revealed that despite being the lead dev on the fucking system, he'd never played it even in testing. Which really fucking showed.
>>
>>54533008
I authorise the use of arms as a improvised bludgeoning weapon so yeah, you can dual wield it, but it only gives you the x1.5 strenght modifier.

If the member has claws or other caracteristics, it can modify the type of damage and the damage itself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.