[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 551
Thread images: 91

File: denimstealers.jpg (87KB, 871x479px) Image search: [Google]
denimstealers.jpg
87KB, 871x479px
where in the world is GSCB edition

Old Thread: >>54527498

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing Abaddon's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Orks at fucking dumb this edition, how am I supposed to deal with da jump going off and sending tons of Orks into my back lines that is also full of war tracks deepstriking my table edge
>>
>>54531003
Abaddon thread and go here

>>54530981
>>54530981
>>54530981
>>
>>54531003
Hi<3 I lurk a lot actually...

I can't believe someone pretended to be me in the last thread, that was so surreal lol

Keep winning games as genestealers for me, okay? And if you don't play them, start playing them, and get as many other people as possible to play them. My dream is to someday start a real cult of genestealer worshippers chosen only from the most devoted players.

I love you my brothers and sisters!
>>
>>54531488
>My dream is to someday start a real cult of genestealer worshippers chosen only from the most devoted players.
I, uhhh, what?

I admire your drive and wish you the best, but please take care of yourself and take your meds.
>>
So, setting up a couple 500 point demo armies for a buddy of mine to play with, because he's finicky as fuck about stupid shit, i have to play list building for like 10 armies to hopefully make one he might deign to play.

Right now i'm doing death guard, which i think he might like. My only goal is something that won't crumble in one turn to shooting/melee and morale, and something that operates at all points of the turn phase (melee, shooting and psychic)

I've got a malignant plaguecaster, a squad of 17 pox walkers, 7 plaguemarines, champ with powerfist and plasmagun, 2 blightlaunchers and an icon of despair, and 2 nurgle spawn.

unless i'm retarded and miscalcualted, that's like 498 points, it's got bodies, it's got toys and it's got psychic stuff. Any tweaks or is that looking alright?
>>
>>54531594

I would try to fit in a rhino.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13536976/

Who do you want to win in Konor?
>>
File: IMG_3001.jpg (224KB, 2048x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.jpg
224KB, 2048x598px
>>54531488
What is it with women and 'nids? I mean, I appreciate the /d/eviancy, but one still wonders.,,
>>
>>54531488
Look, I get the appreciation of Tyranids. They are pure sex and cater to a lot of fetishes, but genestealer cults? Really?
That's like saying you want to get it on with inbred rednecks. The patriarch and the purestrains, sure, those are really hot, but hybrids? Total turn-off.
>>
>>54531488
Why should I switch to genestealers?
>>
are blind grenades useful for anything outside overwatch? they only affect the enemy until the end of the turn...
>>
>>54532736
GSC have breeding and thus sexuality built into their canon lore. Nids just eat everything and dissolve it into slime.
>>
>Immediate attention whore drama

Abandon thread.
>>
>>54532779
It's hours old, don't worry.
>>
>>54532782
just give it a cap. like max 6 extra hits.
>>
>>54531488
So, how do you convert people to the Genestealer Cults? What reason would someone have for leaving a cause such as the "greater good", the glory of humanity, the restoration of the great dynasties, or the personal fulfillment of Chaos?
>>
>>54532736
Look at those aberrant abs.
And hybrids long fingers, tentacle arms and such. Long tongues, etc.
I'm not in with the cult for the sexual stuff, but now that we are on the subject, I wouldn't mind a kinky cultist lady.
>>
>>54532817
Well how does it work in our world? Find enough dumb People, praise shit to them and done.
Then they get bit by the patriarch and follow suit via mind-control.
Maybe they start a boy scout Group where the kids get injected on the first days out on a trip.
>>
>>54532817

From what I've read, the Genestealers basically grab people in back alleys and late at night, and the injection makes them slaves, and helps them slowly expand.
>>
>>54532817
1st Gen GSC are converted through implantation of genetic material and effectively mind controlled. Thereafter it mostly grows via breeding within the genetic line that is still beholden to the Patriarch. Outsiders can be brought in, for example to breed a Magus, but that's less common.

That said, GSC often take the political mantle of being a populist uprising. As the Cult is usually first spread in the workers and lower classes it's outward face can become attractive to outsiders with the promise of better conditions for opressed workers and overthrowing tyrannical rulers (I.e. the Planetary Governor, not the Emperor).
>>
>>54532866
they do the regular cult receuitment thing to once they get large enough to pose as a legitimate religion.
>>
>>54532826
But the amount of slime and tentacles is vastly reduced. Also, they are all sorta still people, so having sex with a kinky cultist lady also involves all her brothers taking part in that mentally. At least with nids there is only the hivemind and some bestial will instead of every Jimbo and Billy-Bob on the fucking planet.
>>
>>54532871
>>54532852
>>54532871
So they brainwash/rape at first, then go for whatever the people of that world want the most, so they don't have to try as hard to brainwash? Seems pretty lame. At least Chaos cults hold true to their promises.
>>
>>54532895
the GSC hold to their promises as well.
The Sky Fathers angels do descend from the void to tear down the tyrannical leader and rebuild the devoted into holy forms without suffering.
>>
>>54531488
>Posting this stale pasta
Disgusting
>>
>>54532895
Well, all the cult really wants is to prepare the world for the closest hive fleet to stop by and say hello. Then they use the cult to kill off any resistence and after that the hive fleet takes control over the patriarch and every mind-controlled cultist realizes that they lived a lie. Then they get killed off too.
>>
>>54532895
Well remember that cult is REALLY about just getting eaten by giant space bugs, even though only the Patriarch knows that.
>>
>>54532909
And the people they target are all, between the empire's culture and the conditions they start at, too worn down by the world and not self-aware enough to realize that a life fully detached from suffering, without that driving force to avoid, would be a hollow and meaningless existence.
>>
>>54532917
>>54532923
Well, yeah. It's just so happens that cult-like behavior is the best way to weaken humans' defenses.
>>
File: 1475281634657.png (5MB, 2464x892px) Image search: [Google]
1475281634657.png
5MB, 2464x892px
>>54532923
I love this piece of artwork for that reason.
>THAT'S what we've been working towards?
>are you fucking shitting me
>>
>>54532945
Yeah. Like, even the highest ranking member of the cult, once the control of the patriarch is being lifted, realize that their whole life has been a lie and they have doomed their entire planet with their actions.
The hybrids who have been told to hide themselves, because the outsiders would fear their appearance as they have been clearly blessed by the gods, look upon their hideous selfs for the first time. A mother holding her newborn baby in her arms, seeing the monstrosity she birthed. People breaking down, commiting suicide or losing their minds.
Shit's awesome.
>>
>>54532895
>So they brainwash/rape at first, then go for whatever the people of that world want the most, so they don't have to try as hard to brainwash?

Every single one of them was brought to a genestealer and get the kiss that change their mind. those who resist will get killed on sight. Just the first few generation the GS will lurk in some alley while more humanoid 4th gen can just talk their victim right into the trap.
>>
Can someone post that screencap 'each time Celestine resurrect she loses her power a bit' please?
>>
>>54532983
Another Gdubs narrative about how religion is bad, Quelle Surprise.

Do you think they ever get bored of bashing on faith?
>>
>>54533005
>Do you think they ever get bored of bashing on faith?

yeah but then they realise it makes them money
>>
>>54532986
>>54532983
>>54532945
So long story short, actively joining a Genestealer Cult is the biggest form of cuckoldry.
>>
>>54533005
Sisters have actual magic powers from their faith and are, alongside a few others like Slamanders, one of the few military factions which goes out of its way to care for and protect cilivians.

GSC are a doomsday cult, not an indictment of organized religion.
>>
>>54533018
It's like they promise you a big black cock and when you go there to grab your free chicken, they shove a large penis down your throat.
>>
>>54533029
they also burn entire populations for "heresy" and strap people into arco-flagellants
>>
>>54532997
Was that something is G3?
I remember reading somewhere that whenever she resurrected she lost a part of her humanity but not her power.
>>
>>54533067

Burn their bodies so their souls will be purified
>>
>>54532983
sometimes the patriarchs broodmind is strong enough that the cultists get controlled by the hivemind as well.

There's a story from the nid codex of a feral world whos whole population is part of the cult. When the hivefleet arrives theres no resistance and the people just willing march themselves into the digestion pools.
>>
>>54533005
Isn't everything bad in the grim future?
The government is shit, faith is shit, space travel is shit, working conditions are shit, day to day life is shit.
>>
>>54532765
bump
>>
>>54533005
Do they? Even Guilliman acknowledges that the Ecclesiarchy has done more good than ill in the long run and considers them indispensable to the running of the Imperium.
On the spiritual side, you have endless tales of how the faithful overcome unsurmountable odds purely by their zeal. It is how the Imperium has endured for the better part of several millenia. Faith and duty. Sisters of Battle and imperial clergy can do actual miracles in a pinch and the living saints are actual, living proof of the power of religion.
In the flipside, the chaos gods provide their followers with direct benefits for their faith, though obviously theirs is a more malign form of manifeststion.
>>
File: sausageparty.jpg (24KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
sausageparty.jpg
24KB, 333x500px
>>54532983
I just realised this movie is the ultimate Genestealer Cult film
>>
>>54533093
and yet the secular organisations like most of the marine chapters and the tau empire are for the most part portrayed as being good to the people under their protection
>>
>>54533121
Its also really terrible in a wonderful way
>>
Its strange how the company champion has an 3+/5++ save but the chapter champion only has a 2+ save
>>
>>54533070
Was it 'herself' or her power? I don't exactly remember, but I do remember seeing image about it on /40kg/ few days ago.
>>
>>54533122
>Communist regime that makes dissidents disappear into the night and sterilises uncooperative populations
>Probably uses brain parasites to enslave and mind control alien populations
>Good
You fell for the Tau propaganda bud.
>>
>>54533018
Well, the literal definition of cuckoldry is (un)willingly favoring another specie instead your own so yeah.
>>
What should I get as a superheavy for my guard army ? A knight or a baneblade variant ? I'm thinking of the stormlord just because I love the dakka dakka super taxi
>>
>>54533145
I used portrayed for a reason, but even if brain bugs are a thing and Chilean style disappearances are a thing. The quality of life is still superior to that under the Ecclesiarchy. Because if you're Gdubs ALL organised religion has to be worse than secularism
>>
>>54533187
Id vote a Knight simply because it's nice to see models that aren't tanks in IG armies. Plus you can still get your Gatling Canon, which is by the way very good
>>
>>54533209
Yeah I'm leaning toward a warden knight
>>
>>54533216
>Knights are more for SM

I don't think knights fits very well with SM tactics, fluff wise
>>
Should I get a Knight for my CSM army? What would it do for me?
>>
I'll soon be off to buy my first paint supplies
Other than paint, what do I need?
Thin, medium & thicc brushes? What else?
>>
>>54533145
>sterilises uncooperative populations

They don't. The Tau need manpower more than ever before. Massive alien populations are the most wanted resource in the Tau Empire at the moment. That's why the Tau are seeking out Hive Worlds to conquer. They need immigrants to boost their economy and military production.

>brain parasites to enslave and mind control alien populations

They don't. So far the Nagi were only used in interrogation.

As for the Vespid helmets, it's just speculation.

And you went to an irrelevant points that are mostly false. It's noted that the Tau make great efforts to make the populations under them comfortable and placated. Doing things that the Imperium will not do like CURING ALL NATURAL DISEASES on Imperial worlds that assimilate.
>>
>>54533237

Some Primer for sure, don't buy the GW one it's shit.

Krylon or Rustoleum are good brands for primer, flat black or flat white spray should do it.
>>
>>54533135
>It's strange how the honor guard has 2+ saves, but the captain doesn't
>It's strange how named chapter masters get +1 wound and a shitload of extra goodies for no extra Command Points, but generic chapter masters share the captain's options and stats but pay out the ass in both pts and cp.
>It's strange how champoins and banner bearers were made their own heroes for everybody but Custodes, who could really use it.
>>
>>54533240
I like the aesthetics of Tau, but I can't stand their caste-based communist pseudo-altruism.
>>
>>54533200
Did you read Brave New World and think to yourself "this seems nice"?
Cause when you read between the lines of their in universe propaganda that's basically what they are.
>>
>>54533240
>CURING ALL NATURAL DISEASES on Imperial worlds that assimilate.

They tried that once.
>>
https://19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2016-17-Press-statement.pdf

>Revenue: +33%
>Operating Profit (pre exceptional items &royalties) +182%
>Operating Profit +127%
>Earnings per share: +125%
>Kirby stepped down

muh GW is gonna go out of business meme
>>
>>54533249
Are generic sprays from hobby stores better than Citadels? Both your examples seem awfully American, doubt I can get a hold of them in Sweden

How about The Army Painter? Heard them mentioned before
>>
File: 1500827618627.png (249KB, 758x479px) Image search: [Google]
1500827618627.png
249KB, 758x479px
>>54533277
Rountree iz good businez.
>>
File: Hivefleet take two.jpg (130KB, 1638x389px) Image search: [Google]
Hivefleet take two.jpg
130KB, 1638x389px
>>54532747
>Wait, is that with the tervi?
Sorry forgot to add them. Ah, thanks for the help I play SM atm and am planning on building this army so I'm still leaning 'nids shit.
>>
>>54533283
I use Citadel's spray primers, they are great. I used Army Painters and it wasn't so good.
>>
>>54533295
oh and ignore the venom's stats forgot to update them.
>>
>>54533283
Rustoleum is available in aus and I've just finishing using it for a squad of stormboyz. The white goes on super smooth but takes a *long* time to dry enough to paint on. Excellent result overall.
>>
are the relics bound to infantry only?
>>
>>54533296
No, thats in the women.
>>
>>54533262
It's not about whether it's nice, it's about hther it's less shit than the rest of the univeres. And that Gdubs can't help but go full Margret Atwood and describe anyone who espouses values like Temperance, Chastity and Obedience as "extremist"
>>
>>54533309
characters
>>
Since the FAQ upgraded its BS to 3+, how feasible is it to use a monolith as a pure MBT now?
>>
>>54533309
Don't think the wording is in any of the leaks yet, however if its character only and nothing else you can say hello to my templar chaplain venerable dread with armor indomitus
>>
>>54533330
You're reading way too much into it.
>>
>>54533295
>>54533307

Looks good
>>
>>54533308
I'll keep my eyes open then, thanks

>>54533301
Yeah, I might get one anyway and see the results first-hand. At least I know where to get it, compared to the rest
>>
>>54533347
Just ensure any spray you buy specifically says 'primer'. Normal spray paint won't cut it.
>>
>>54533340
Still really expensive for what you get.
>>
File: 888.jpg (53KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
53KB, 600x641px
>>54533323
What the fuck are you on ab-
No. I dont even want to know.
>>
>>54533347
Also a reminder that the GW colour sprays also work as primer, not just the black or white.
>>
>>54533283
>Are generic sprays from hobby stores better than Citadels?
really cheap stuff probably not. Citadel is good quality. just over prices.
>>
>>54533355
Undercoat is the same thing tho, right?

>>54533370
Yeah, was thinking of getting Chaos Black put base on that
>>
Oh and any recommendations for colouring a bone-white shoulder? How about gold decals?

I've seen Duncan recommend some colours but you anons probably got different experiences

>>54533379
>>
Want to paint a PRIMARIS chapter of marines. Any chapters with the quartered color scheme like the Howling Griffons or Novamarines? Or are they it for canon chapters. Any ideas anons?
>>
>>54533379
What are you painting?
>>
>>54533379
I think undercoat is more a hobby term. Primer is an industry term for a paint designed to bond to metal/wood/plastic permanently so normal paint can be put on top of it. Easiest way to tell is when you have sprayed the model, once it is fully dry scratch it with your fingernail, a normal spray will scratch right off.
>>
File: Sin.png (50KB, 328x167px) Image search: [Google]
Sin.png
50KB, 328x167px
>>54533344
No, This is what "the most militant sect" considers sinful according to gdubs
>>
>>54533403
Oh right

>>54533402
Raptors
The idea is:
Undercoat: Chaos Black
Base: Death World Forest
Wash: Athonian Camoshade
Highlight 1: Elysian Green
Highlight 2: Ogryn Camo

Then some bone-white for the shoulder and some gold or black for the decals

Got a few tacs I'm gonna experiment on but that's the general idea
>>
>>54533419
You realize it's a fiction right.
>>
>>54533428
Those are light colours, I suggest skull white instead.
>>
File: IMG_20170725_192230004-1305x734.jpg (194KB, 1305x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_192230004-1305x734.jpg
194KB, 1305x734px
>>54533428
I have an extremely similar scheme I've just been trying out for my Admech. Pic related, cloak is every step in that sequence bar the Elysian Green. I think it came out quite well.
>>
>>54533419
Yeah I think it's the burning hereticd alive part that's supposed to be negative not believing people should be chaste, the whole purity thing is just religious set dressing.
>>
>>54533436
yes I realise it's fiction, what I don't get is why GW has to pretend like chastity is some kind of extremist view that only the "most militant" of organisations would espouse
>>
>>54533456
>>54533446
>>54533428
https://youtu.be/-qGCG8XAlNI
>>
>>54533456
Nice, looking forward to see my own mediocre results

>>54533446
What do you mean? For the shoulder? Which paint would that be? Screaming Skull?

>>54533483
Didn't like his hue and heard other anons recommend Death World Forest instead
>>
>>54533470
They are a bunch of space catholics Anon, they all believe that part.

The militant part is that they will burn you for it while the others won't.
>>
>>54533470
40k is really the wrong place to look for any sort of real opinion on anything.
>>
File: 99209999041_CoraxWhiteSpray01.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99209999041_CoraxWhiteSpray01.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
>>54533493
No, Skull White was the old name for Corax White, sorry. I meant the primer, use white instead of black.
>>
File: tumblr_nm4beolK5Y1tgki4mo3_1280.jpg (547KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm4beolK5Y1tgki4mo3_1280.jpg
547KB, 1280x1914px
>>54533470
Do they ever say that only the redemption ists espouse chastity or that that is what makes them extreme?
No, no they don't.
I'm pretty sure all followers of the Imperial Cult believe in chastity and it's their methods that make them extreme.
Conclusion: You are reading way too much into this.
>>
How does this sound for the shoulders?
Base: Celestra Grey
Layer: Ulthuan Grey
Wash: Nuln Oil
Highlight: White Scar

https://youtu.be/hRR7W5-F15c

>>54533538
Ah will do
>>
>>54533240
The one redeeming trait of Tau is their heavily suggested orwellian undertones.
That's why Farsight is cool too.
Fuck you for wanting Tau to be more Mary Sue
>>
>>54533572
Wait, they're not just borderline Mary Sue space weeb communists? They're a full-on propagandistic dystopia? This makes them a lot more appealing now. I'm somewhat tempted to pick them up; this, combined with their sleek mech designs and sniper playstyle all is really catching my attention. Too bad I'm already invested into two other armies.
>>
>>54533542
Intercourse is a veneration of the holy human form. Chastity is generally not encouraged. Even the clergy is allowed to indulge, provided it does not stray too far into weird shit.
Local rules and certain sects may obviously adher to different interpretations, but in general the imperial cult is fairly chill when it comes to this sort of thing.
>>
>>54533572
Well not so much Orwellian as Huxleyan.

I do also love the fact that Farsight is basically Big Boss.
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 1600x1143px
>>54533067
>>54533076
Repressors!

Sisters replaces the rubber gun bullets for a Storm Bolter and the water cannon with a Heavy Flamer. Then proceed to purge the entire city.
>>
>>54533667
c r i s p
>>
>>54533630
Yes I should have not said chastity as even the redemptionists are likely not for it, after all fornication specifically refers to sex between unmarried people.
Once you've put a ring on it fucking like rabbits is mostly encouraged as long as it stays vanilla and for the purpose of procreation.
>>
File: are_you_having_trouble.png (4KB, 307x250px) Image search: [Google]
are_you_having_trouble.png
4KB, 307x250px
>>54533679
>>
>>54533572
This nigga gets it

>>54533608
Nah the big issue is they originally were that, but for whatever reason TONS of white knighting snowflakes joined the faction and slowly demanded all the grimdark get sucked out of their lore

Gdubs being Gdubs, virtually all reference to the gritty stuff disappeared at a snap, and now the best anyone gets is a vague allusion to something odd about vespid collars.

Go for it nonetheless, the only way to save the admittedly badass faction is for non-cancerous players to join up and make it cool.
>>
>>54533646
So Farsight is Big Boss?
I can live with that

This thread has made me want to make a GSC with Soviet Union / Esoteric Order of Dagon themes
>>
Homebrewing up a Chapter and small Marine force

So far I'm set on techmarine, razorback, venerable dread, thunderfire and gunner; mostly because I have/like the models.

Just looking at a 1000 point or so force for fun games and skirmishes; where should I go from here? I'm thinking a Devastator Squad and making them Raven Guard or Salamanders successors for a gunline force; I wouldn't mind some Primaris as well, perhaps Aggressors?
>>
>>54533679
You clearly do not read a lot of shounen manga so why throw around words you clearly don't know the meaning of?
>>
>>54533283
Primer is a really inconsistent thing and can be heavily impacted by your climate. Honestly I find GW primers to work better anf more consistently with my weather than the others I've tried. But it's really expensive.

I'd recommend just trying some out. Just be sure to do test sprays on a piece of empty sprue first.
>>
>>54533502
the fact you recognise them as"space Catholics" is exactly my point. GW has gone out of its way to wrap the imperium in christian/catholic iconography and then smear it calling it "the cruellest and bloodiest regime imaginable". Why not muslims or even eastern "orthodox" types? The whole thing is just GW fedora tipping

>>54533542
yes that section comes from the redemptionist section of the 2nd ed Sisters book:

The Redemptionists are a good example of the most militant sects that can be found across the Imperium. Perhaps the most flourishing home of this cult can be found on the hive world of Necromunda, seen by much of the Ecclesiarchy as a world of lost souls. The Redemptionists believe that Mankind has fallen from the path of righteousness decreed by the Emperor and that the sins of man will drown the race in filth and depravity. As long as Mankind is unable to control its sinful nature it will not be able to unite and conquer the stars as the Emperor truly wishes them to. Sin must be purged from the race by fire, blood and faith. Most especially by fire....

and then the examples of what constitutes sin in the eyes of the Redemptionists as if they wouldn't be common to virtually any good christian
>>
File: b0051210_59774623671d4.jpg (33KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
b0051210_59774623671d4.jpg
33KB, 620x349px
If I make 'broken' models somewhat like pic - like no hand/arm, broken wing, etc - would people say 'that's not WISIWYG'?
>>
i need your guys input, ministorum priests come with laspistol and grenades, you can give them various special weapons, or a weapon from the ranged or melee list. chain sword is 0 points, so why dosent the stock priest just come with laspistol and a chainsword?
>>
>>54533696
>Nah the big issue is they originally were that

Actually they weren't, as someone who read the original Tau codex when they first came out in what, 1998 or so, they were written as pretty much straightforward good guys, with some possible ambiguity about the Ethereals as the only cloudy thing.

I stopped playing around that time, but I understand they ramped up the grimdark Orwellian stuff after that because they were seen as a little too goody goody, then by the sounds of what you said it got whitewashed again to something closer to the start.
>>
>>54533710
Techmarines? Venerable Dreads? Thunderfire cannons? Sounds like Iron Hands to me, though I suppose Salamanders would work as well.
>>
>>54533724
>lmao why u playing with a terrain piece retard
>>
>>54533722
Again I think it's the purging by fire part that's supposed to be extreme, not what they purge you by fire for.
>>
>>54533724
As long as its the model you claim it to be Im fine with it.
Im not going to sperg out cuz your predator has an autocanon instead of the lascanons you wanted to bring.
But if you go "this rhino is a landraider" ill get a bit annoyed.
>>
>>54533696
I'd love to do that, but I don't know if I can justify picking up another army, when I barely play as it is - and haven't even finished painting the ones I have.
>>
Any Autarch lists it's Forceshield as an Ability and not as equipment, while Wraithblades can take them as Wargear options.
Does the Autarch always have to pay 8 points for the Forceshield?
>>
>>54533572
Orwellian doesn't mean treating your people like shit. The comforts, medicare, and generally easy life that the Tau provide to the assimilated population is a form of bait and control.

The Tau don't have to do much in that regard to win the Imperials over, really. The Imperium higher ups care not to provide the populations with the most basic means of comfort or assistance. Infants and children are not even vaccinated leading to high infant mortality rate in the Imperium. What kind of a nation that does not love its little ones? Not one worthy of dying for. Anyways, the good Inquisitor in the "farsight" novel noted that infant morality was among the things that stopped after the Tau assimilated the Imperial worlds. In the Tau Empire, all life is sacred. Each child is a future contributing member of a prosperous empire. He or she have the right to enjoy the fruits of his forebearers within the Greater so that he in turn will benefit his predecessors in the Greater Good.

That's why the Tau are going to win. They fight to protect the bright smile of children while the Imperium fight to maintain the darkened grimace of a rotting corpse.
>>
>>54533738
because not all of the minis had one.
>>
>>54533722
Space Catholics, then the redemptionists are the fucking Spanish Inquisition. See the difference?
>>
>>54533724
Have the gun/equipment busted up on the ground next to it
>>
>>54533759
Iron Hands are certainly an option; I'm inclined to go Salamanders over them just because being better at shooting seems more fun to me, but I'll keep them in mind.
>>
>>54533802
no.
it doesn't have a forceshield in its wargear
>>
>>54533803
>In the Tau Empire, all life is a resource
ftfy

But seriously the Tau being on some sort of moral highground is bullshit.

I hope GW bring out a lot more dark lore for Tau

t. Tau fan and player
>>
>>54533746
We'll aside from 1-2 BL novels they've always told virtually nothing about the actual intricacies of Tau society, but while it wasn't full-on grimdark at first the elements were there. It would've been cool but instead of ramping things up as they fluffed it out, they turned into noblebright, and also got very little info added comparatively

And desu I have no problem with heroes per se, blood angels (specifically lamented) and salamanders are some of my favorite doods, but there has to be a cost.

Seeking to meet and negotiate, or maintain basic standards of warfare, ought to be a real disadvantage in an age of exterminatus. But no, OC donutsteel commanders will always save the day
>>
>>54533722
There are no good guys in 40k. This is the wrong place to look for positive role models.

As for "smearing" religion. People don't believe the ecclesiarchy is literally catholicism or vice versa. It's shourhand for bureaucratic, ritualistic religion.
>>
There are people in THIS VERY THREAD who think Farsight has any meaning beyond giving the super perfect T'au an excuse to fight themselves.
>>
Which dreadnought kits come with dual fists?
>>
>>54533755
Phil Kelly says that Farsight will in time (as the Farsight series unfold) will come to realise that the Ethereals are not really evil. Their methods are harsh and callous sometimes and he disagrees with them vehemently, but they genuinely care for the Tau and wish for them to prosper. There are Ethereals like Aun'shi who are willing to lay their lives on the line if it means the Tau will prosper.

The true enemies of the Tau, he comes to see, are hidden masters, controlling the destiny of the Tau, and KY-OS.
>>
>>54533803
Imperium being mentally regarded is a nu lore thing.

The Imperium on third had a clear distinction between civilized world and hell helos.
Civilized world, are basically self suficient and generally the equivalente of a modern first world countries.

Shit worlds are Hive worlds, feral worlds and feudal worlds. Nu lore for some reason says this shit are civilized worlds. Making the imperium look like some cartoon dystopian nut jobs.
>>
>>54533755
He doesn't know it consumes souls, in fact it doesn't even consume souls it's some necron time fuckery tech.
The Eight are just a Seven Samurai reference, or is The Magnificent Seven also weeb trash now?
He has no problem working with the Empire if the situation calls for it and is mostly concerned with ensuring the survival of the enclaves.
>>
>>54533829
Cool, thanks

Likewise, the Forgeworld Meka-Dred says: "The Meka-Dread must take one of the following abilities: a Mega Charga or a Kustom Force Field." - since it says ability, does it still have to pay for it? Or is this just more lack of Forgeworld proofreading.
>>
>>54533722
>Why not muslims or even eastern "orthodox" types?
Because the target market is the west, if you made it look like Islamic iconography it wouldn't sell well over here.
Don't want to get political but the imperiums values represent how Catholicism was in the darker times of the world with crusades and actually burning of heretics, everyone was unified under the banner of Catholicism there were no exemptions, where as Islam has many different sects since the beginning, Islam is more tribal and punishes they're own kind for not being male or for following a different sect of Islam.
>>
>>54533854
....So they are the Emperor ver. T'au?
>>
>>54533845
Farsight is objectively a good guy. Phil Kelly says in his interview that the Tau have begun their first steps in the same path that damned the Eldar and is damning humanity. He comments that it remains to be seen if Farsight can steer them away from the darkness and into the light.
>>
>>54533849
furioso does.
dunno about the others.
>>
>>54533868
The sword contains a malicious entity. Necron melee weapon do not have sentient things stuck inside them.
>>
>>54533869
if they're abilities on its sheet I'd say no it doesn't pay.
>>
>>54533891
If you're talking individual people then there's Sebastian Thor on the religious side. A preacher who was a reformer and an incredibly positive influencr on the Imperium.
>>
There are people in THIS VERY THREAD who don't realize 40k is as positive toward religion as it is opposed to it

>Faith literally shields the SoB
>even Guilliman admits all the flaws and beuarocracy of the ecclesiarchy do more good than harm
>the inquisition really does save lives, albeit at a cost
>in the emperor's name darkness is kept at bay
>the unbelievers (or worshippers of evil) are consistently the villains

I'm even catholic, and honestly it totally makes sense to do some of the darker things the irl inquisition did if there's LITERALLY reality-killing daemons and alien monstrosities around every corner
>>
>>54533808
is that really the only reason? im fairly new and just wanted to make sure i wasnt fudging the rules on accident
>>
>>54533915
Unless it is a C'tan shard thingy.
Old lore was basically reduced to "lol chaos" or "lol C'tan"
Now it is "lol plot armour" "lol more plot armour"

When shit lore from old seems better, you know you fuck up.
>>
>>54533903
Imperium in hedonism? I thought they're too poor for that.
>>
>>54533948
There are pleasure worlds in the Imperium.
>>
>>54533937
People bitching about religions in 40k are the same fags that bitch about religion in D&D gods, Angels and daemons are a in this setting, stop being a colossal fedora tipping faggot.
>>
>>54533845
Good guys is debatable, it's where your idea of good sits really
As for positive role models there are plenty of characters on all sides that do what they think is right because they care for what they fight for Take Ahriman for example
>>
>>54533845
I understand that 40k is grim dark the problem I have is that as I stated earlier in the thread, secular organisations within the game are described as being objectively less unpleasant than the religious ones. And that when it comes to handling religion GW seems entirely incapable of treating them fairly. Writing religious characters and organisations as at best deluded and at worst actively malicious and corrupt
>>
Will GW likely release some get started now bundles for 40k with paint and shit? im looking to get into the game but im in a bit of a odd living circumstance at the moment and would like to get a hands on at painting with a relatively small overall investment at least until i get more permanent living arrangements (living in barracks for training and will move twice in next year so dont want to hoard too much)

that being said, can anything decent actually be painted with the colour sets they provide for certain units or armies? a lot of what ive seen about painting requires an absolutely phenomenal variety of paints for a single unit but obviously that is pro painted stuff.

The AoS stuff has a kit similar to what i like the look of but not really keen on AoS to play honestly, though considering buying it just for the minatures and intro to the hobby side.

like this:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Storm-of-sigmar-with-Citadel-Essentials-2017-ENG
>>
>>54533972
Daily reminder that Lorgar did nothing wrong.
>>
>>54533948
Pleasure worlds, paradise worlds, garden world

Some of this worlds have crazy stuff like frozen fruit juice that you can lick.
>>
>>54533902
>So I guess just because it's a reference to a movie that makes it exempt from sharing uncanny similarities with generic shonen sidekick characters.
Yeah because Seven Samurai, being a heavily influential Japanese film gets referenced a lot in Manga you dumbass.

>The point isn't that he knows, the point it's that it's an edgy mystic super power sword xD that our protagonist just HAPPENS to have by PURE COINCIDENCE.
Some coincidences are necessary for story telling, in this case the coincidence of him being on the planet with the time manipulating necron sword was what led to his revelation about the Ethereals and the nature of the universe as well as his self imposed exile.
It's not a bullshit coincidence if it's the premise of the fucking character.
Besides if we want to walk bullshit edgy weapons that were discovered by pure coincidence maybe bring up Logan Grimnar too.

>>b-but he's willing to work with his enemies
>Thanks for proving me right.
They're not his enemy fuck face, he isn't fighting them.
>>
>>54533976
It's really only the imperial religion that gets portrayed that way.
>>
>>54533903
>Objectively less unpleaent
Sorry man, this is not true. It's your own biases at work. The darkness in the religious part.of the setting are reflective of the darkness in the setting as a whole.
>>
>>54533993
>Some of this worlds have crazy stuff like frozen fruit juice that you can lick.
lost
>>
The anal devastation from you MOST OPPRESSED MINORITY religitards is hilarious, when like 90% of the planet shares your delusions. Keep crying about muh secular oppression while in an overwhelming majority. The adults of our species are busy creating wealth, advancement, health, and human happiness and fulfillment while you drone (hah) on about chastity and obedience in areas with the highest teen pregnancy & imprisoned populations.

And for the record, all of my religious friends laugh at your SJW Tumblr-level self-pity fetish & fetishization of slavish devotion to superstition even harder than I do.

>in b4 "fedora" is your only response, even though it's not an argument
>>
>>54533982

Lorgar has been a little bitch for over 10k years, and hes been a cocksucker of daemons for almost just as long.
>>
>>54534025
i think you posted on the wrong board.
>>
>>54533948
The imperium has the capability to fix a lot of its problems if it could get its shit together
>>
>>54533993
>>54533960
Well, I mean Imperium as whole wouldn't be in total depravity as Eldar before the Fall.

What is the commonality between the Eldar's damnation and human's?
>>
>>54533948
Dude, the path towards exploding and ushering a apocalypse that may or may not led to the birth of a new god.
>>
>>54534032
It was from one the Cain books. Simple things like ice cream is a strange concept in the far future.
>>
>>54534039
Reliance on the warp. Which I think is the point with the Tau.
>>
>>54533979
they have smaller paintsets with enough paint to finish up a start collecting box. sprues aside all the minis and the painting stuff should fit in the box they came in after you've built and painted them
>>
>>54533976
You know the Dark Eldar are pretty Secular, Necrons too for that matter.
>>
>>54533253
I feel like it was GW just slapping rules on models that would otherwise have none with the changes with how characters work with very little thought.

Exotically since how over costed they seem to be for what they give.
>>
>>54534048
I thought they already did? Horus birthed the Ascended Emperor.
>>
File: 1499411676373.jpg (225KB, 1506x998px) Image search: [Google]
1499411676373.jpg
225KB, 1506x998px
>From my perspective the Ethereals are evil!!
>>
>>54534035
Oh, uh...Glory to the Emperor.
>>
File: 99120101183_ETBReiverSquad01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120101183_ETBReiverSquad01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
I thought these guys were marines on stilts and now I'm disappointed.
>>
>>54534025
>t.person living in a first world country built by religious men
>>
>>54534025
I agree with you, although

a) Don't be such a massive cunt about it
b) FUCK OFF, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE TACTICAL ACUMEN OF TINY PLASTIC MANS.
>>
>>54534069
>what is Slaanesh, Who are the C'Tan?
They're still religious, they jut have a different relationship with their gods
>>
>>54534086
That's more like it
>>
File: The end of everything.png (148KB, 683x268px) Image search: [Google]
The end of everything.png
148KB, 683x268px
>>54534082
No, the exploding was delayed for prox 10K years.
>>
What are some good units to ferry around in a Razorback? I was leaning towards Company Vets or Sternguard.
>>
>>54534118
Tacs with spesh weaps
>>
>>54534106
The Dark Eldar do not worship Slaanesh. It's said that they have contempt and disdain to all form of worship. The only deity that somewhat respect is Khaine.

And the Necrons killed their gods. They worship nothing but themselves.
>>
File: 1411451769312.jpg (365KB, 1200x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1411451769312.jpg
365KB, 1200x1011px
>>54534058
>Maybe, just maybe, if your story relies on fucking magical deus ex machinas, it might be a shit story.
Why are you even interested in 40k?
Besides it's not a Deus Ex Machina if it starts conflict rather than resolves it.

Also it's Appleseed, not Gundam.
>>
>>54534067
thats good to hear. though on the small paint sets would you be able to do a good job on the models theyre designed for? for example the stormcast eternal paint set comes with 6 different paints (all of which are in the get started kit) yet obviously there wouldnt be over the top layering or any form of advanced painting method.

for example this set
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Stormcast-Eternals-Starter-Paint-Set-2016?_requestid=9627482#
comes with 5 paints and a texture yet supposedly has a guide to painting with it. id be curious to see these guides and how to get decent looking stuff with so few paints.
>>
>>54534133
Even then I don't really know if real life metrics for what is and isn't religious apply to a world where gods are 100% objectively real and regularly interfere with day to day life, sometimes even manifesting physically.
>>
>>54534038
No, i really doesn't. Teetering on the brink is functionally the best thing it could do, even with immeasurable sacrifices and endless atrocities there is just too much lost to do anything but strain against the darkness. Humanity with all its shit together had already happened and that resulted in the single most apocalyptic chain of events in the history of ever, the Age of Strife.
There are too many factors alligned against it. You cannot just magically turn warptravel safe and reliable instead of rolling a dice to see if you arrive before you started, make interstellar communications fast and a accurate instead of playing telephone with a dozen deaf guys, turn a federation of a million inhabited worlds into any less of a bureaucratic nightmare or lift the prohibitions on technological innovation on pain of perpetual, horrific agony. Because behind every benign decision lurk a million shitty results for everybody involved, be it invisible psychic leeches nesting in your brain, some dipshit cult deciding that producing and spreading a virus that makes your bonemarrow turn into rotting pus is the best idea ever, or hordes of killbots marching out of some longforgotten vault and killing everybody in a conflagration of incomprehensible technology.
>>
>>54534118
Totally depends. Tacs, devs, and even sternguard are good to ferry onto an objective, while vets/honor guard/vanguard mixed with whatever HQs are good for beating face in

The nice thing with vets is that they can be to do mot anything, BUT on the flip side having them on foot is (usually) just a weaker vanguard/sternguard. Bikers are where that shits at.
>>
>>54534025
lel, fedora
>>
>>54534133
by have a different relationship to their gods: I meant that they literally know their gods exist and big surprise GW has written their gods as malicious entities that wan to kill them and eat their souls
>>
>>54534177
>Watch as this AMAZING ARTEFACT does MAGIC and kills all the chaos gods and destroys all the evil bad and makes everything good awesome with flowers.
Pretty sure the Chaos gods are still alive and Farsight is a largely irrelevant minor character living in a galactic backwater consisting of, 4 planets.

Good to know you hate anime on principal though. Means there is nothing I could ever do to convince you otherwise, since at the end of the day the Tau are influenced by Japanese media.
>>
File: Fabius Bile.png (1MB, 673x667px) Image search: [Google]
Fabius Bile.png
1MB, 673x667px
>>54534185
You should read Bile's book. His logic about Chaos and the Chaos Gods.

In short and paraphrasing, the Chaos Gods and daemons are just figments of our imagination. They are not real. They only have power because we give them that power.
>>
>>54534204
It'd still be in a shit position, but all the corruption, inept bureaucracy and political infighting isn't doing it any favors.
>>
>>54534118
Grav Devs. Sternguard (due to maximizing new strategem) or Tacs (ObSec) go as 10 men into Rhinos.
>>
File: nomorefun.png (479KB, 1131x921px) Image search: [Google]
nomorefun.png
479KB, 1131x921px
What does GW mean by this ?
>>
>>54534234
Guess that means all those Space Marines merely imagined they were getting they're spines torn our by a Bloodthirster.

Still I get what you mean.
>>
>>54534251
Means they're not making more models than they're selling.
>>
>>54534251
Warehouse for the web store ran out of stock.
That's all.
>>
File: GuitarsSet.jpg (92KB, 510x454px) Image search: [Google]
GuitarsSet.jpg
92KB, 510x454px
Noise Marine Dub fag back at it again.

I just ordered 7 packs of pic related. Would the default chaos marines look best or should I go for the MkIV marines set for some Noise Marines?

Still trying to fluff out my army in the meantime so any cool ideas would also be appreciated.
>>
>>54534251
GK are getting new models.
>>
>>54534251
NEWWW GREEEEY KNIIIGHTS!
Just kidding, they're getting squatted
>>
File: They were warned.png (51KB, 559x615px) Image search: [Google]
They were warned.png
51KB, 559x615px
>>54534227
Vect says that the Eldar Gods are imaginary beings and just myth. Many Necrons say that the C'tan were not gods but parasites.

And then you have the Emperor (picture related).
>>
So for Konor do I have to paint an entire SC! box or are individual units from it fine?

I know you get double points for using the whole box so probably the whole thing?
>>
>>54534158
Couple things:

The small paint pots are REALLY poor value, given they have about enough paint for one squad and often don't have some of the ones you need. Buy the fullsized ones for a little more and be good for ages given they have four times the paint in them, which often translates to more than four times because roughly the same amount of paint will dry on the pot etcetera.

The paints in that set are reasonable if you just want to do some Stormcast in the default gold and blue as far as I can tell, athough you'll want some spray primer because the Imperial Primer paint is SHIT even when it's not only enough for like two Guardsmen in a crappy 3ml pot.

As for how to actually paint, those ones seem to work if you just want straightforward base/wash.

Prime the whole thing with the spray, paint the gold areas Retributor Armour, the blue bits Kantor Blue then wash the gold with Reikland Fleshshade and the blue with Drakenhof Nightshade.
Put Agrellan Earth on the base and give it a wash, probably with the Fleshshade although personally I prefer Agrax Earthshade for that.

Most of the starter sets can be painted similarly unless they're REALLY complicated like Skitarii, and if you then learn how to highlight and drybrush properly you can do tabletop standard minis fairly easily. Yeah, you need a lot of paints on paper, but a lot of them overlap and Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil covereth a multitude of sins.
>>
>>54534158
This is an example of what you'll get from kust what's included in those sets.
https://youtu.be/e7XPpxvox5U
>>
Question. Did the base for the Dreadnoughts got bigger like marines' did? Or is it still 60mm?
>>
>>54532765
bump again
>>
>>54534360
The new one probably has a bigger base
>>
>>54534251
Reboxing for 8th with 8th Ed. Datasheets.
>>
>>54531003
Why do possessed now have d3 attacks, didn't they have 2 last ed
How great are berserkers now that they fight twice per round, and why not just double their attacks, is it to stop them destroying everything on the charge
>>
>>54533979
>muh army
Don't you have home leave
>>
>>54534360
Normal dreads have the same base. Redemptor is way bigger so it has a bigger base.
>>
File: Sicarian_Ruststalkers.png (962KB, 719x956px) Image search: [Google]
Sicarian_Ruststalkers.png
962KB, 719x956px
>>54534158
>>54534343

I have a squad of Ruststalkers (pic related, so rather complicated minis) in front of me, and I'm using what I would consider an average number of colours on them.

Spray Chaos Black, Spray Leadbelcher, fatigues/cloak Deathworld Forest/Wash Athonian Camoshade/Highlight Ogryn Camo.
Detailing Warplock Bronze and Agrax/Nuln.
Swords are more complicated, I did them orange so they're Evil Sunz Scarlet/Troll Slayer Orange/Fire Dragon Bright.
Base is Agrellan Badlands, wash Agrax, drybrush Zandri Dust.

12 paints including more Leadbelcher to fix mistakes, two sprays, most used in a majority of my minis anyway. Those will work for almost every mini in my army, so you start out needing to buy quite a few but later on you might just need another highlight colour or glaze or technical occasionally for a specific effect.
>>
>>54534360
They still have a dreadnought base, but beergut dread has a bigger base of course
>>
File: IMG_2688.jpg (327KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2688.jpg
327KB, 1195x1600px
IRON WARRIORS IS BEST WARRIORS
>>
>>54534374
Comparing directly to last edition is fruitless. Too much changed and your intuition will be off if you aren't familiar with 8th.

Possessed are mediocre as always. Berserkers are great.
>>
>>54533912
>>54533849
Ironclad basically.
SW dread has two melee arms, the right one you could put a fist on the end instead of the axe hand.
>>
>>54534374
Slight differences such as that give units more character

Possessed are just terrible as far as I can tell
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
Do night lords have Possessed? Or Obliterators etc?

I know they reject the worship of chaos gods just curious what to avoid if building a thematic Night Lords army...
>>
>>54533903
So Farsight is the only hope for Tau? Ha.

Wonder how long it'll take for a Keeper of Secrets to tell him exactly what his sword does. Then, after he commits honorable sudoku, problem solved!
>>
>>54533722
>GW fedora tipping
Sure m8, they hate religion, just hate them, not that everything is a grim dark parody, with space socialists secretly sterilising everyone, and neo liberals being vilified into orks, or snobby aristocrats vilified into thinking all life but there's are expendable as the eldar
>>
>>54534463
>Neo liberals
>Orks

Urban myth, mate.
>>
>>54533746
They were supppused to be sleek Noble bright Asians, the complete opposite of the imperium, then dawn of war decided it would put a jab at the ethereal sand from there they slowly gained an Orwellian theme
>>
>>54534416
Weren't possessed amazing in 6th tho
>>54534425
Yes there's certainly character, but I'd prefer that to be one option of many, hopefully the codex does that, as although it's chaos I'd like some soundness to my mutations
>>54534441
Obliterators were started by IW, and seem too heavy for the rogue legion, they might have possessed but I think they'd cull them like the wulfen in 30k
>>54534476
Margaret thatcher
>>
>>54534441
They canonically have a daemon prince, and what'd be now called Warp Talons/somewhere between generic raptors and warp talons in terms of taint.

A "purist" band of night lords likely won't have many if any possessed- a few exceptions like even a Captain or two aside- but even then the largest band of Night Lords in M41 is led by a daemon prince so I'd say it's more how you fluff it.

Thematically, I'd go crazy with the Warp Talons/Raptors for a Night Lords list- avoid Obliterators/Mutilators, Possessed, daemon engines in their Legion's colours- they may not be thrilled about the touch of the warp but they're not shy about having allies to meatshield for them.

Remember, the night lords die as they live: trying to run away!
>>
>>54533283
I use rustoleum. In the hot humid Florida air that extra flexibility in spraying conditions is kind of important.
>>
>>54534543
Why is it so hard to find a BL book where the NL aren't jobbers
>>
File: 9829_45fc.jpg (38KB, 501x220px) Image search: [Google]
9829_45fc.jpg
38KB, 501x220px
>>54534538
>Margret Thatcher
>Ork

Urban myth, mate.
>>
>>54534556
Teach me your ways, Florida anon. The weather has been 60-70% humidity where I live all week and I just want to prime some lads to paint
>>
>>54534234
>In short and paraphrasing, the Chaos Gods and daemons are just figments of our imagination. They are not real. They only have power because we give them that power.

This is the truth tho.
>>
File: 472604.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
472604.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>54534277
Love spellcrow, bought 10 gas mask heads and they sent 5 extra heads and some random gravestones for free.

You could use either or really. Most people would choose the chaos marines, but mixing and matching parts would probably result in a more distinct look.

Some ideas in the link.

https://archive.is/uQiEH
>>
>>54534558
How dare 1d lie to me
>>
>>54534245
That actually sounds good; I was thinking of picking up one Devastator Box when I went shopping tomorrow, picking up two would give me my Grav Squad and my general purpose 2 Lascannon 2 Missile Launcer squad

Does the Ammo Cherub take up a spot in a razorback? I'd like to fit a techmarine or captain in there.
>>
>>54534374
Fight twice is better than double attacks, that's why. The thing is, if you kill a unit and consolidate into another unit 3 inches away, you've already attacked, now you're allowing that new unit to attack you without any consequence to them at the moment. However, if you can fight twice and you wipe a unit the first round of attacks and consolidate into another unit, you still have a second round of fighting. Also if you're fighting multiple units and characters, you have more choice over your target priority because you can see how much damage you did the first round of fighting.
>>
If I want to paint white armor, should I buy Stormvermin Fur spray or Corax White spray? Because I heared white doesn't get onto the naked/barebone plastic model that well (weak pigment strength or something?)
>>
>>54531003
https://mega.nz/#F!CVkVTDqJ!qQfT1437iEAZ5ufmEdG4sA

Finished updating the 1.1 errata - 1.1 errata is now commented into the 8th ed main rulebook and the indices.

Improved pdfs - page numbers fixed, bookmarks improved, and artwork that the original GW epubs had put behind the background brought to the front. (Thanks, GW.)

Enjoy.
>>
>>54534616
T. Marcus Aurelius
>>54534651
Ammo cherub is a token
>>54534666
>wound allocation and kill other units
Sounds like fun
>>
>>54534680
Corax white spray, then limited brown or black wash in the recesses.
>>
>>54534695
>Ammo cherub is a token
Sorry my man, just getting back into the game and reading up on the rules, what does that mean?
>>
File: tam87064new3[1].jpg (30KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
tam87064new3[1].jpg
30KB, 555x555px
>>54534680

I had good result with Tamya white primer
>>
>>54534710
No actual model, just a marker.
>>
>>54534710
Means it doesn't really exist, and you remove it when you go into combat, just like watchers in the dark for dark angels
>>
>>54534714
>>54534718
Thanks lads, appreciate it
>>
>>54534736
Don't worry happy to help, now go out there and play a game
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 398x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 398x399px
>>54533722
>the fact you recognise them as"space Catholics" is exactly my point. GW has gone out of its way to wrap the imperium in christian/catholic iconography and then smear it calling it "the cruellest and bloodiest regime imaginable". Why not muslims or even eastern "orthodox" types? The whole thing is just GW fedora tipping
M8, fuck right off with this bullshit. I'm a devout Catholic, born and raised as such, but if you can't stand to see a fictional entity be heavily influenced by the Church and get butthurt when it happens then you can fuck right off you pussy little bitch.
There are numerous reasons to depict the imperium as Catholic, it's the most recognizable religious look in western culture, it's god tier aesthetics, it's an instant connection in many people's minds to the medival period and it's practically the universal symbol for organized religion.
Orthodox's look just wouldn't make sense to Western European audiences, and there's not a chance in hell they could make the IoM muslim because a muslim looking space empire with a God Emperor leading it would get them slapped with a lawsuit faster than you can say "Frank Herbert's Dune"
Also, the church in the imperium is far from depicted as outright evil, even the atheist Guilliman admits they've done far more good than harm
>>
>>54534642
Yeah they're a pretty cool company, I was tempted to get some of the long-haired totally not marine heads but ended up skipping out on them.

I'll probs just buy two Chaos packs and one MkIV set and just mix and match like you said. Get that clean look for some and gritty, crazy look for others.

>The posing on those Noise Marines
holy shit I'm in love.
>>
>>54534793
>when you shoot your fingers of but it's okay because THIS PLEASES SLAANESH
>>54534789
>>54533722
Also Catholic, don't be offended on our behalf, it's just banter
>>
>>54534651
>>54534695
the latest faq clarified that it does consume space in transports.
>>
>>54534818
>FAQ'd
They can't keep getting away with this, also do the new FAQs hold all the details from previous 8th Ed FAQs or do I have to carry all of them with me
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 1280x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 1280x584px
Working on my salamanders. I don't like the black skin they have, so I'm trying something different.
>>
>>54534736
>>54534760
except that it's completely false
>Q: Do models with profiles, such as Armorium Cherubs and Ammo Runts, count as a model for the purposes of embarking within transports or when measuring ranges to and from the unit?
>A: Yes – for all rules purposes they are part of the unit.
source: STEPPING INTO A NEW EDITION pdf
>>
>>54534557
How so?
Curious not being combative
>>
>>54533722
>the fact you recognise them as"space Romans/Greeks" is exactly my point. GW has gone out of its way to wrap the imperium in Roman/Greek aesthetics and then smear it calling it "the cruellest and bloodiest regime imaginable". Why not Persian or even "Holy Roman" types? The whole thing is just GW empire shaming
>>
How's this for my 1k necrons

Cryptek
Command barge
20 warriors
5 Gauss immortals
5pretorians
Stalker
Scarabs
>>
>>54533940
Almost definitely.

Orks have 0 point attack squigs.
>>
>>54534831
it's worse, it's spread around several different PDFs, you don't find this in the actual FAQ, turns out, but in the PDF they created as clarification for gamers transitioning from 7th to 8th. it's a clusterfuck
>>
>>54534831
They hold all the details - the most recent changes are in magenta
>>
>>54534840
>what's lore?
Yeah they really have the best rules don't they newkid
>>
>>54533419
Sounds like 17th century Puritans to me
>>
File: Top Teq.png (5KB, 1324x207px) Image search: [Google]
Top Teq.png
5KB, 1324x207px
>>54534090
Not all of us are seppos.
>>
>>54534789
>I'm a devout Catholic
>spews profanity
>defends British organisation's blasphemy
>equates Catholicism with the medieval period

yeah you sure sound super Catholic to me, I bet you've even been to a church once or twice
>>
>>54534885

Hey I like salamanders lore, I just don't like their skin colour.
>>
>>54533722
>Why not muslims

THere's something very muslim in the Imperium and that is the idea of martyrdom, its not a concept thats prevalent in Catholic theology as its basically replaced by self-flagellation in older times and the idea that our life's suffering is a teaching of god or something along those lines. Martyrdom is expected of every single human in the Imperium and certain factions, like Sororitas and in particular some Space Marine chapters (Mostly IF & Sons) live so they can one day die in His name, hell the Guard dies in droves in order to hold the line and thats the Imperial doctrine! Imperial religion has one of its main tenants be that everyone has to, one day, pay back the blood tithe they owe the Emperor for his eternal sacrifice, one day you are supposed to martyr yourself in His name so you can basically return the favor to the Emperor's own martyrdom .

So yeah the Imperium is a spoof of Catholicism because it was made by Brits in the late 80s.
>>
File: tumblr_nlksl3ydF41sz7asho6_1280.jpg (145KB, 948x842px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlksl3ydF41sz7asho6_1280.jpg
145KB, 948x842px
Rate my 2000pts/100pl Tau list

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [48 PL, 1000pts]

HQ

Shas'o R'alai [155pts]: Drone controller
. 2x Blacklight Marker Drone: 2x Markerlight

Elites

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [411pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Ion accelerator, 2x MV84 Shielded Missile Drone, Stimulant injector

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [134pts]: Homing beacon
. 2x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system: 2x Advanced targeting system, 2x Burst cannon
. Stealth Shas'vre: Advanced targeting system, Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [300pts]: 3x MV4 Shield Drone
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Fusion blaster, Shield generator
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Fusion blaster, Shield generator
. Crisis Shas'vre: 2x Fusion blaster, Shield generator

Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [52 PL, 994pts]

HQ

Cadre Fireblade [58pts]: Markerlight, 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [160pts]: Cyclic ion blaster, 2x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone, Shield generator

Troops

Breacher Team [108pts]: DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ Missile pod, 9x Fire Warrior, Fire Warrior Shas'ui, MV36 Guardian Drone

Strike Team [124pts]: DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ Missile pod, MV36 Guardian Drone
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 11x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [124pts]: DS8 Tactical Support Turret w/ Missile pod, MV36 Guardian Drone
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 11x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Fast Attack

Pathfinder Team [128pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 3x Ion rifle

Pathfinder Team [165pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

Dedicated Transport

TY7 Devilfish [127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon
>>
>>54533200
>secularism is always good
>the emperor literally nukes a world for being religious
>the emperor thought thousands of planets could be united by being human despite having millions of different cultural differences, which along with the legions being prideful is what makes the Horus heresy so large
>the survivors of the heresy are only united by their wish to remove space marines from daily life
Yeah they sure hate religion
>>
>>54534922
Then don't play Salamanders.

Play some other fire obsessed chapter.
>>
>>54534908
You only need to go once to be counted by the church. They do a thing with the water.
>>
>>54534090
>I'm an intellectually incurious superstitious zealot who claims some connection between religious leanings and human advancement, even though I contribute nothing beyond sweating necrotic thigh flesh into my computer chair & enable evangelical pederasty, while I pretend it wasn't secular reasoned impulses that built the modern world
>RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BUILT IT
>IT MUST HAVE BEEN RELIGION
>shark attacks & ice cream sales

It's like the entire Ecclesiarchy claiming the glorious divinity of the Emperor. Really engages the cogitators.
>>
Hey there, /tg/. I've been out of the loop; do we have any more leaks than that winters SEO vid for codex: space marines?
>>
>>54534922
>/pol/ baiting this hard
Go ruin a different thread
>>
>>54534816
>The feeling of a bolter shell grazing your knuckles as you continue playing your super-high frequency guitar, ending lives and creating tasty riffs with your instrument of death, knee deep in corpses and chunks of both friend and foe.
>The thought of Slaanesh watching you spurs you on, inspiring you to pluck at the chords faster than any Battle Brother beside you, laying down a barrage of ear-deafening shrieks and gunfire
>You still ignore the occasional graze or lost finger from the bolter fire underneath your guitar's neck as it's all part of the show.

THIS. IS. LIVING.
>>
>>54534840
In the Armageddon books half had the black mutation half didn't, ten again that was third Ed
>>54534857
In most BL books NL appear in they are used as a faceless horde to be killed off by the main characters, 'light of the Pharos' has some 10k night lords charging into turrets continuously rather than dig under the position
>>
>>54534102
Stop giving him (you)s, you're proving him right.
>>
>>54534296
Warhammer is filled with references to cheesy 80s everything else, why do you draw the line at cheesy 80s anime?

Comparing Tau to Gundam is also the first sign someone has no idea what they're talking about.
>>
File: Crimson_Talons_Astartes.jpg (165KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Talons_Astartes.jpg
165KB, 400x558px
Hows this looking for a starting Marine line up?

>Captain with Combi Plasma and Power Axe

>Techmarine with Servo Harness and Power Axe

>Razorback with Twin Heavy Bolter and Storm Bolter

>Devastators x 5 with Grav Cannons

>Devastators x 5 with 2 Lascannons and 2 Missile Launchers

>Venerable Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Close Combat Weapon and Storm Bolter

>Servitors x 5 with 2 Heavy Bolters

>Thunderfire Cannon and Techmarine Gunner

Going off the Index points costs that puts me at 998 I think; I can make a few changes as necessary when the Codex comes out properly if necessary.

Any big changes I'd be best off making? What Chapter Tactics look good? I've been messing around with painting after a long break and have settled on the Crimson Talons colour scheme, which also has the happy benefit of me being able to get their shoulder pads on ebay for reasonable prices, which also means my Chapter Tactics are up in the air for now.
>>
>>54534538
>Mad Maggie
>anything but a conderpative cuntrag

Wew m80, wew laddie
>>
>>54534840
Invert the colors on the trim and the pauldron and call them Aurora Chapter, there your problem is solved.
>>
>>54535013
Aren't there 3 BL night lord books that focus on them and are pretty cool?
>inb4 adb
>>
File: IMG_4376.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4376.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Marine getting extra points just for existing.

Chaos is fucked they are not even pretending to tell a story with the campaign results
>>
>>54534908
>dude you can't swear on 4chan you're catholic
It's venial sin so as long as it's not a habit it's fine
>the British aren't allowed to have a cultural heritage of catholic-phobia
>implying the structure does not resemble feudal society
Wew lad, I guess bishops and dukes just happened to have the same borders
>>54534930
>martyrdom
It's present in respecting the church fathers, missionaries and those oppressed under Protestantism, but yeah it's not suicide bombing level
>>
File: _20170726_151253.jpg (130KB, 1374x1133px) Image search: [Google]
_20170726_151253.jpg
130KB, 1374x1133px
So at 58 votes, Imperium is winning, with Chaos in second.

If we apply the Fuck 'em both votes to the current leader, the Imperium, that leaves them with 11 votes and Chaos the leader.

I doubt every xenos will take points purely away from the Imperium, but it would be interesting if that happens.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13536976/
>>
>>54534972
>divinity of the emperor
But he is divine and the Sanguinor is the first of the daemons in his name
>>
>>54534908
>implying
There's nothing blasphemous about 40k, unless you actually believe that GW is claiming that God is actually the emperor. Drawing from what is usually considered the Catholic aesthetic and putting it onto a faction is in no way blasphemous, and you'd have to be retarded to think as much, especially since blasphemy is speaking offense against God and God alone, not the church, not the Pope, not anyone but God, and making a religious group in a fictional setting look Catholic is not an insult directed towards God. And if you're so upset that someone dare speak ill of the Church (which, once again, that's not even what 40k does, since it actually recognizes the echliesarchy does a lot of good) then I'd point you to Matthew 5:10-12 "10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12Rejoice and celebrate, because great is your reward in heaven;" for it is not our lot in life to receive praise and adoration in this world, for the world rejects the Truth, even Christ Himself was rejected by His own hometown.
Secondly, you'd habe to be an utter idiot to not recognize that Gothic style Catholic looks are associated with the medival period in popular culture, and that is in no small part the reason GW choose that look for the imperium, they want to associate it with the popular, though wrong, veiw of the medival period as the """dark ages"""
>>
>>54535093
Saved for shitty copypasta in the future
Thanks anon
>>
>>54535067
Yep, any writer besides ADB treads them into the dirt, that man has a great writing style but his actual daddy problems stops them being amazing. Also everyone has a waifu, and Argel Tal is an atheistic daemon upon my first reading, which was different
>>
>>54534930
>THere's something very muslim in the Imperium and that is the idea of martyrdom, its not a concept thats prevalent in Catholic theology
You're joking, right? Martyrdom is a MASSIVE part of Catholic theology, much more so than in Islam. For Christ's sake, the entire foundation of Catholic theology is the death of Christ
>>
>>54535024

Not bad.

I'm not a fan of plasma on characters, and not an huge fan of missile launchers on marines either. Also 2 tech-marines with just 1 dread an 1 razor seems excessive, I would sub the HQ for a lieutenant.
>>
File: reivers.jpg (47KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
reivers.jpg
47KB, 600x620px
Daily reminder that Reivers are cool
>>
>>54535128
>and not an huge fan of missile launchers on marines either.
Why not? Missle launchers are great, argueably one of the best heavy weapons marines can take
>>
>>54535146
J u g g a l o b o y s
>>
>>54535084
>Imperium
8+ codices and even more sub factions
>Chaos
Deamons or Chaos Marines. Soon Deathguard as a third choice which is just a part of the Chaos Marines codex going independent.

Imperium has far more players by a landslide.
How anybody thinks Chaos has a chance is beyond me.
>>
>>54535146
Yeah, they're actually growing on me. The Carbines are nice, and their deployment options make em good at plugging holes.
>>
>>54535126
Yes but people don't go out seeking Matyrdom, the crusades cleansed you so when you died in Europe you'd go to heaven, not out there in the holy lands
>>
>>54535160
TSons, Death Guard, Daemons, CSM
>>
File: 99810101014_Techmarine360.jpg (144KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99810101014_Techmarine360.jpg
144KB, 600x620px
>>54535128
I confess I'm using the Techmarine mostly just because I think its cool as hell, I know its probably not the most practical choice. If/when I expand it'll probably be heavy on dreads and tanks though to get some mileage out of him.

What do you think is a better choice than missile launchers? I was thinking of them to finish off targets tagged by the lascannons, and then have at least a little anti infantry punch when there are no armored targets left.
>>
>>54535087

Divinity is not a byproduct of power accumulation--the Western idea of divinity was codified especially in the canon by Milton, who delineated that the difference between Creator & creation was not power quantity, but quality. As in, qualities inherent to & inseparable from the divine.

It's why everyone keks when villains proclaim I WILL BECOME A GOD--because we've all been laughing with the Trinity at the ideas absurdity since Lucifer made the same mistake centuries ago.

But by this same definition, the Big 4 aren't necessarily divine, either--just inevitable gestalt conscious results of natural forces in the Materium manifest in the Empyrean.
>>
>>54535146
Thanks Anon almost forgot!
>>
>>54535179
I suppose that's fair, it's definitely true that martyrdom in islam is something that is more actively sought out
>>
>>54535146
Pistols are nice
Bolter is too big
Why aren't the wolfs culled, Guilliman hated Leman
Love that we have drawing from swords arms now
>>
>>54535084
why would you apply the "fuck em -BOTH-" option to only the leader you fucking mong
>>
>>54535106
I think your problem is with Phil Kelly not the Tau. I don't blame you I hate him too.
That's why you have to ignore the bad lore and focus on the idea of the faction.

Your inability to do so is the origin of the paranoid delusion that everyone adores Farsight, when most people just think he's "kinda cool".
>>
>>54535146
I'll be forever salty about them, but that's because I'm a retard.

I bought a Leviathan Dreadnought through chinacast to act as a centerpiece to my Deathwatch. Awesome model, kicks ass, in an army that can use the help so it's not really that cheesy, right?

I bought a squad of Reivers to let me take it. It's a Dreadnought, they're Elites, they'd fill my compulsory slot to be able to use it how I want to and they're confirmed for Deathwatch options.

The Leviathan is a heavy support...
>>
File: 07f.gif (930KB, 811x541px) Image search: [Google]
07f.gif
930KB, 811x541px
>>54535180
>TSons
They have their own codex? Really?
>>
>>54535092
>I have no argument, yet I must shitpost

Did you already sell your commission-painted Taudar army?
>>
How should I equip my Primaris captain? I was thinking about sticking him in the back with a ranged unit. Also, which piece represents which gun?
>>
>>54535215
>painted
>Taudar
top kek
>>
>>54535214
They will be getting it later this year probably, so not really relevant for Konor.
>>
>>54535197
>using kek ever
It's worse to be a reddit /v/ermin than a normie
Lucifer lost because his pride meant he could never read God's throne
>>
>>54535233
scope gun is stalker
drum mag is auto
>>
>>54535214
They will, GW counts them as their own faction on the Konor website.
>>
>>54535213
And unavailable to the deathwatch
>>
>>54535236
You wouldn't be wrong to laugh normally, but

>reading comprehension
>>
>>54535247
>doenst know where kek originated
Kek
>>
>>54535262
Forge World FAQs say anything with [Chapter] is available to the Deathwatch. Unless they released a second Forgeworld FAQ while I wasn't looking?
>>
>>54535262
No it's not, it's available to any chapter except GK and LotD
>>
>>54535243
>look like shit
>denying the old broadsides PRESENCE
>>
>>54535268
Kek, from Pepe the frog and meme magic, odly I can read 'My sides' fine but when TL;DR says it I just cringe
>>
>>54535243
I think you're taking this way more seriously than they are.

There's nothing wrong with the Tau aesthetic though (even if some of the old models are a bit shit), you're clearly just salty about bad BL books.
>>
>>54535300
>spent half the thread yesterday crying about his precious WOMYN diplomat getting punched by the xenophobic CATO SICARIUS
>calls me salty
Wew lad
>>
>>54535267
the comission part?
No I noticed that.
>>
>>54535299

Not he whom you are speaking to, but i thought it came from ㅋㅋㅋ
>>
>>54535299
Nope! That came about later, way later.
>>
>>54535299
>the term kek
>originating from /pol/acks retardation
Get a load of this newfag
>>
>>54535263
I'm going to take that as a yes in light of the 8th ed needs.
>>
>>54535319
Then why have you spent half the thread whining about some BL books Phil Kelly wrote about the Tau?
>>
>>54535311
My turn to laugh with you.
>>
>>54535277
>>54535278
Woops, misread that.
Though in all seriousness, what sort of a chapter would lend something as precious as a leviathan?
>>
>>54535309
I actually don't know what your talking about, could you tell me what story that's from it sounds cool.
>>
>>54535363
Hit a nerve did I? Deflection like that tends to be a good indicator.
>>
>>54535299
KEK. kill yourself, newscum
>>
>>54535299
it's from World of Warcraft
>>
>>54535362

Maybe it's a deathwatch leviathan in the first place.

The equipment isn't lent, just the pilot.
>>
>>54535299
kek is waayyyyyyy older then pepe you newfag
>>
File: 1500925360433.gif (5MB, 540x320px) Image search: [Google]
1500925360433.gif
5MB, 540x320px
>>54535353
Want to go on a crusade with me?
>>
File: 1388846767060.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1388846767060.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>54535299
>Kek, from Pepe the frog and meme magic

4chan is a forum for those 18 or older friend
>>
>>54535252
ty
>>
File: 4f4.jpg (48KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
4f4.jpg
48KB, 600x587px
>>54535299
>>
>>54535362
One that was soon to be destroyed and wanted it preserved. Many chapters have been destroyed, be it by Inquisition, Chaos, or Xenos, and known it was coming before the end but been unable to stop it. The best of their material and men could easily find their way to the chambers of the Deathwatch.
>>
>Deff Rolla back in stock.
>It's 14.75
>Oh boy finally.
>Go to check out. Shipping is 10 dollars minimum.
>Don't wanna pay 25 bucks for one sprue

Fuck.
>>
When are GK scheduled for release?
>>
>>54535450
Buy more stuff, get free delivery.

>>54535455
Next month, or so.
>>
>>54535420
Jokes on you, I'm a nufag,been using this site for 2 years, through 1d4chan when I was getting back into warhammer and was looking through wiki pages, one of which was as underage
>>
>>54535382
Well your piss taking sounds an awful lot like whining to me, calling something shit isn't much of a mockery and making absurd statements like
>>54534177
>>54534296
Just makes you look butthurt.
>>
>>54535263
>Dear Super-Santa: Why didn't you magically gift me an argument against an Internet meanie today? I have oh so many good boy points and have utterly obviated my own rational impulses to replace seeking answers about life & existence with 'You did it' while constantly tithing to Your organizations that literally cannot stop fucking children. Even other evangelicals and Orthodox posters block my pathetic flailing and laugh while they go back to posting about plastic space mans :,(

Maybe it's time to martyr yeself, m8.

What's the best new Chadmarine unit everyone's looking forward to using? Hellblasters look silly & seem pretty good.
>>
>>54535450
>not buying another mob of boys whenever you go on the GW website
>saysHereYou'reAGit.JPG
>>
>>54535196

Missile launcher is a decent "generalist" weapon, but i prefer plasma cannons for that role if a cap is around for rerolls.
>>
what do you all think of grenade launchers for Scions?
>>
File: IMG_2371.jpg (145KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2371.jpg
145KB, 680x880px
Do you think Gulliman is aware of the personal attack dogs of the High Lords?
>>
So if the timeline skipped ahead 100 years wouldnt all the Tau characters be dead now?
>>
>>54535468
I just spent like 135 on Orks alone this week. I gotta reel in my spending.

Also everything else I want is out of stock.
>>
>>54535496
Nah
It's ok on guardsmen since it's usually just more s3 shots
On scions I'd take volley guns or flamers for that little extra
>>
>>54535496

Hot-shot only for troop scions, plasma or melta for command squads

That's how i roll.
>>
File: MamaMia.jpg (30KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
MamaMia.jpg
30KB, 750x573px
Someone help me Elysian!

I was thinking of adding a detachment of AM Bullgryns in a Valkyrie too. Because Bullgryns look fucking amazing.
>>
>>54535483
Hellblasters + Raven Guard stratagem. They've got the biggest target on their back in the imperium, so letting them pop up in range and get at least one round of shooting in before they vanish is a big fucking deal.
>>
>>54535541

and?
>>
>>54535299

kek originated from World of Warcraft, you retarded /pol/shit subhuman
>>
>>54535504
Why wouldn't he be, he probably saw them and the carchadons defending terra
>>
>>54535539
>>54535540

I was just thinking I might as well have some special weapons on the basic squads. Didn't wanna pop for melta or plasma. The grenade launchers are cheap, can do a higher strength option for harder targets or the s3 option I feel like would be useful for clearing hordes. Am I just nuts?
>>
Anyone else annoyed at the Flyer change?

Flyers are a viable unit type found in all armies, they are universal like troops, elites, heavy support and so on. But apparently GW thinks you should be punished for using one of their force organization types.

I get that they might be strong, but that's fixed by making them work differently isntead of invalidating the army. For example: If land speeders are really good, you fix them by fixing land speeders, you don't fix them by saying 'fast attack armies aren't legal'.

Its like GW regrets 6th edition, which I think its unfortunate as it was the best one in my view.
>>
>>54535385

bur
>>
>>54535527
No stim packs, like how Loretta lived more than 100 years commanding the conqueror
>>
>>54535578
Probably because the High Lords are pretty good at keeping them out of the spotlight. Makes me wonder if we will get some fun teamkilling shenanigans by deposed High Lords telling the Minotaurs to fuck over some Campaign
>>
>>54535527

Yes, and the tau empire would be significantly more technologically advanced.

But they'll bullshit something.
>>
>>54535580
>6th ed
>Glances to death
How are flyers broken nothing stops them moving around in a square
>>
>>54535579

Fact is, the points spent on special weapons lose value when your lasguns are rapid fire 2 (rank fire) and ap -2
>>
>>54535580

Are you bitching about the fact that you have to have an actual army and can't just field nothing but flyers?
>>
>>54535598
Anon there will be a civil war between Celestine, Cawl and Roboute
Don't even deny it
>>
>>54535580
Why ? Instead a list of 5 Flyers and Guilliman, now we see some more troops and 3 flyers at best and Guilliman. Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
File: 1500417279948.png (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500417279948.png
99KB, 1200x1200px
>>54535580
>Still salty as fuck
>>
>>54535612
>>
>>54535612
>actual army

Flyers are actual armies. Just swap your hate with any other.

'nothing but heavy support'
'nothing but fast attack'
'nothing but elites'
>>
>>54535581
>>
>>54535626
>>
>>54535580

Yesterday i watched a 1500pt game with:

100ish conscripts
stormraven
2 stormhawks
3 stormtalons

So, yeah, the rule change totally worked.
>>
>>54535626
Deff Skwadron always supported ground troops.
>>
>>54533121
>>54533131
This movie was shit. I don't think I laughed even once.
>>
>>54535626

That's great. It's a good comic. If you wanna play dog fighter I'm pretty sure they have a format for that. The standard game is for combined arms. You aren't pissy because you truly care, you're pissy because they killed your plan preemptively WAACfag.
>>
>>54535627
More accurate to say 'nothing but lords of war'; the others require at least an HQ.
>>54535635
>>
>>54535627
They are all ground troops and could hold against the enemy.

Aircraft can't.
>>
>>54535580
No matter the army, you will always need feet(or wheels or hooves or whatever) on the ground. Otherwise you're just doing carpet bombing and that's not very fun in a game like this.
>>
>>54535619
I just really REALLY wanna see some salty former High lords still accumulating power via keeping in the shadows and being a thorn in Guillimans side. We shouldn't forget that these are the most corrupt and conniving fuckers in the galaxy after all
>>
>>54535580
No, it was a good change, IMO flyers shouldn't be able to even hold objectives. Boots on the ground win wars and hold conquered territory, aerial support is just that, support.
>>
>>54535651
>>54535642
Level with you, I just wanted an excuse to post deff skwadron and this was as good as any.
>>
>>54535656

But apparently they can if they are LoW slot
>>
>>54535656
t. guy who watched a war movie once
>>
>>54535666
>>
>>54535659
BLAM that's heresy anon, the highlords of terra are our benevolent rulers who only interpret the will of the Emperor, to call them rude is to call the emperor rude, to say they are are greedy is to say the emperor is greedy, to say they are corrupt is to say the church of the emperor is corrupt WOE TO ALL LISTENERS FOR YOU HAVE JEARD A HERETIC SPEAK
>>
>>54535674
Tell me how aircraft win wars alone, Anon.
>>
>>54535205
>Why aren't the wolfs culled, Guilliman hated Leman

Wha? Not in the Imperium Secondus books when he's like 'Damit why did the Lion show up even Russ would be easier to work with'

Maybe you just confuse dislike with hate?
>>
>>54535676
>>
>>54535674
>implying you can't just point machine guns at the sky and shoot down enemy aircraft, or shoot pistols through view wholes to explode tanks
>>
>>54535696
>>
>>54535666

Well I'm quite happy to read deff skwadron, so i'll forgive you for the bullshit. Now keep posting. I'm enjoying this.
>>
>>54535689
This is a wargame in a setting with huge titans, ship combat in the stars and so on.

Real battles in 40k aren't just 20 marines and some tanks vs 80 ork boys, its thousand and thousands with huge variety.

So even if your army has no fliers, it is presumed that there are flyers in the battle, among other things. Similarly, even if your force only has mostly flyers, its assumed that ground troops are in the battle.
>>
>>54535693
Was he in the undaunted few, no he was not so Guilliman hated them. Russ would listen to Roboute's plan, whilst the Lion makes his own because he is the master strategist, whilst Guillman is the best tactician
>>
>>54535705
I didn't have a dog in this race at all, honestly. I saw my chance to post deff skwadron and went with it.
>>
File: IMG_2637.jpg (98KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2637.jpg
98KB, 900x582px
>>54535709
Why not just Virus Bomb?
>>
>>54535719
>>
>>54535612
8e added several issues to flyers themselves, that make them...buggy.

In 6e/7e, they had limited fire arcs (unless you were a Flyrant). The Heldrake was BS in 6e due to its turret mount, but was FAQd in 7th to only have a fixed 45* arc, making it far more reasonable. Combine with supersonic movement, and flyers were deadly...every other turn.

In 8e, all fliers have 360* movement, reserves are limited (its harder to hide against flyers), but the weirdest thing is the fact movement was streamlined and simplified. See, in 7e post-FAQ, flyers were on a separate plane from the rest of the game, meaning they ignored the 1" rule, but it also meant units (especially fast units like Bikes) could just fly under and past them!

In 8e, flyers are subject to the same 1" rule as everything else. While this leads to the derpderp of infantry hordes turning into a Tronwall of death if a flyer lands on top of them, this also works both ways. 2 Flyers can move to an area, and turn into a forcefield of "Fuck you!" The enemy cannot move past the flyers, since the 1" rule is measured base-to-base, and the enemy cannot charge the flyers because they're Airborne.

It gets more hilarious when Hover Jets are involved. A Stormraven can Hover, shoot multiple enemy units, then Assault an enemy Razorback or other tank, to neutralize it/hide in assault. You too can watch as 40k turns into comedic idiocy, as a Stormraven keeps trying to smack a Stormraven to death with its landing ramp while the Razorback tries to swing its turret around like a club.
>>
>>54535729
>>
>>54535722
Because a thin wooden door can stop it, didn't you read 'the galaxy burns'
>>
>>54535738
>all fliers have 360* movement
Excuse me? How is this?
>>54535739
>>
File: 1498649751670.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1498649751670.png
117KB, 444x440px
>Angelus Boltgun
>12" range, Assault 2, S4, AP -1
>9 pts

Wow.
>>
>>54535738
>the flying toaster can finally be used as a battering ram
At last, now to ALLHAU ACKBAR their bastions
>>
>>54535541
Bullgryn are super good. The end.
>>
>>54535756
>>
>>54534277
Trigger autist loyalists and make them with primaris marines
>>
>>
>>54535611
they're ap -3 even
>>
>>54535756
Derp, I meant to say line-of-fire, since they now measure from anywhere on their body rather than the weapon in question. Oh yeah, and 8e cover is a joke, so it's harder to hide against them anyway.
>>
>>54535794
Nvm mixed up the old numbers with the new.
They're ap -2
>>
>>54535789
>>
>>54535795
>cover is a joke
>t. burger with no terrain
>>
>>54535808
>>
File: July26RumourEngine.jpg (10KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
July26RumourEngine.jpg
10KB, 600x330px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/26/rumour-engine-july-26th-2017/
>>
Wait can you now fire every weapon you have, and not just one
So marines can rapid fire with bolters, then fire their bolt pistols, or should I read an FAQ before the rulebook
>>
>>
File: Read_Nigga_Read.jpg (320KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
Read_Nigga_Read.jpg
320KB, 500x572px
>>54535825
>>
>>54535825
Read the entries for Pistols. Also Grenades.
>>54535829
>>
>>54535824
Isn't that a Guard Lasgun ?
>>
>>54535825
Pistols are the exception, it explicitly states this under the weapon type descriptions in the core book.
>>
>>54535824
NEW VOSTROYANS
>>
>>54535809
In 8e, unless you are infantry, you must be both *in* cover and at least 50% concealed, and cover is "all or nothing." Only 9 out of 10 Guard in cover? No cover for anyone! (ymmv how it interacts with "fast rolling").

Further, cover is only +1 to armor, which means it's best for those that need it least (Space Marines), while low-AP weapons can just blow throw it anyway.
>>
>>54535853
>i don't know how to read the FAQ
>>
>>54535824
Some sort of long barreled laspistol?
Maybe a lascarbine sculpt?

... HOLY SHIT. Are we actually getting a new guard kit?
>>
>>54535825
You cannot fire a pistol and another ranged weapon in the same shooting phase.

Basically, Marines have no reason to use their pistols, unless they are in melee.
>>
>>54535531
Notice what? That all the areas with the highest standards of living, human rights, and freedoms are also the least religious? Because a secular state that operates on empiricism instead of fee-fees & books written by pederast slaving warlords who didn't know where the sun went at night consistently produces superior opportunity & outcomes?

Fuck men in gold trim dresses fucking boys while bitching about men who wear dresses or fuck men. Fuck stupid hats. Fuck snake handling. Fuck mumbling to yourself to write your wishlist. Fuck ghost stories. Fuck voting with smoke colors. Fuck genital mutilation. Fuck giving credit for human accomplishment to Ghost Dad. Fuck stealing others' rights & pretending you're oppressed to do it. Fuck fat Wal-Mart people who beat their kids to go to their shit book clubs on Sundays who cut me off in traffic going to suck down half an entire buffet after services. Fuck stealing from dumb poor folks. Fuck prayer research. Fuck blocking real research. Fuck your dumb book full of witches and talking animals and sorcery. Fuck theocracy and fuck theocrats. Go back to your /pol/ safe space, trigger fairy. My Emperor is dead and my Chapter is blue, nigga. We Warhammer now.
>>
>>54535853
>Only 9 out of 10 Guard in cover? No cover for anyone! (ymmv how it interacts with "fast rolling").

Read the FAQ, you roll first for the guys out of cover, then once they are dead you start applying the cover bonus to everyone else. Most everything is balanced around the assumption you make one roll at a time.
>>
>>54535825
I'd recommend you just finish the rulebook. Specially the section on Pistol Weapons.
>>
>>54535554
>and?

Kill yourself or lose weight.
>>
>>54535824
NEW GUARD KITS!!!
>>
>>54535824
Guardamen? The fuck?

Why not more marines?! They are so popular!
>>
>>54535825
It's 10. Fucking. Pages.
>>
>>54535876
>go to >>>>>>>/pol/
JFC m8 not every one of them is some death cultist. Calm down & take your own advice.
>>
So how impotent and pathetic does the Redemptor make all the manlet dreads look?
>>
>>54535898
lel
>>
>>54535839
>>54535842
Sorry mean tactical as an example, so let's change the example, a marine with both a bolter and a plasma, can shoot both
I'm assuming this is because of tanks now being units
>>
File: Back Door Rhino.jpg (254KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
Back Door Rhino.jpg
254KB, 1024x771px
How should I go about making a Rhino look more like an amphibious transport?
>>
>>54535925
In that case yes, though combi-weapons specifically have -1 to hit if you fire both parts of it. But if he has a plasma gun and a bolt gun separately he could fire both of them normally.
>>
>>54535926
Just counts-as a Chimera. Chimeras are already amphibious.
>>
>>54535926
Play Guard and use chimeras
>>
>>54535824
It's clearly some form of lasgun, but it doesn't mathc any of the known patterns associated with the popular legions.
It almost looks more like a lascarbine, which is usually reserved for only the elite legions, unless bobby G is bringing back the Solar Auxilia
>>
>>54535926
Looks like most of them have this big flotilla nose try adding that!
>>
>>54535878
You mean the Designer Notes. I still find it weird they decided to split the "core rules" into 3 mini-FAQs, crap. The non-infantry part is still stupid though:

Q: Do units that are not Infantry (Vehicles, Monsters, etc.) gain the benefit of cover from woods, ruins etc. if they are at
least 50% obscured by that piece of terrain but are not actually on or within it?
A: No. Unless they are Infantry, such a unit must meet the two following conditions to gain the benefit of cover:
• All of its models must be either on or within the terrain.
• The unit must be at least 50% obscured from the point of view of the firer (note that it doesn’t matter what is obscuring the target, only that it is obscured).

So a trick shot from 4 windows across 2 buildings does not grant cover, if the vehicle on the other side is on a road, but a vehicle that is halfway-concealed in a forest does get cover.
>>
>>54535382
you're not as cool as what you think you are. You're coming off as a butt blasted autist lol.
>>
>>54535926
Effects probably
Look at modern amphibius vehicles.
They barely look anything special.
>>
>>54535824
Fuck, if it's a las-carbine, could we get new fucking Rough Rider kit?

pls GW, pls.
>>
>>54535878

I just read the current FAQ. I see nothing that implies that, but I could be missing it.
>>
File: Bone_Shard_of_Solor_.png (496KB, 1023x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bone_Shard_of_Solor_.png
496KB, 1023x500px
New gk confirmed
>>
File: DUKW.jpg (43KB, 605x312px) Image search: [Google]
DUKW.jpg
43KB, 605x312px
>>54535951
>>54535952
I could, but even then I kind of want to customize whatever vehicle I use to be more... boaty.
>>54535958
Yeah, something like that. Was wondering if anyone had tried it on a Rhino before.
>>
>>54535824
I don't care what it is. As long it is not another marine related crap.
>>
New to 40k, going Imperial Guard
I have two infantry squads and a Chimera, going to get heavy weapons team today.

Anything else I would need?
>>
>>54535824
looks like a laspistol
>>
File: IMG_6924.jpg (632KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6924.jpg
632KB, 1280x1707px
I have $200 cad. What is the optimal start for a dark eldar army for me? I'd rather not grab 2 SC
>>
>>54535988
Conscripts. Literally all of them you can find.
>>
>>54535992
What kind of fucking pistol has a barrel that long?

It's a rifle of some kind
>>
File: IMG_4383.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4383.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>54535979
It reminds me more about church stuff than GK stuff.
>>
>>54535979
What the Fuck are those little cabinets called anyway? Also it seems a bit odd when they are always hanging by the crotch of the new Primaris marines. It's too much of a style shift from how sci-fi the rest of the minis look. It feels like they are trying to emulate Blanche but don't know how.
>>
>>54535876
>all religions are the same
So are all atheist reigmes the same?>>54535911
>pathetic
It's just what American marines look like when they're sent to train with Royal Marines
>>
>>54535993
SC then some unit you think looks dope
500pts is easy to get
>>
>>54535024
servitors are usually pretty awful. go full Las Devs on squad 2, put assault cannon on razorback, it's worth it.

actually, given your lack of anti-horde, go full missile launchers on 2nd Dev squad

>Going off the Index points costs that puts me at 998 I think;
TFC gets better but a bit more expensive in the codex, if necessary save on servitors
>>
>>54535969
I want that, but that's clearly a trigger guard in the corner. Laspistol.

A cool one though, so that's nice.
>>
>>54535932
>being anti Semitic
>being rude to the example of Christ's suffering
Go make your own church m8
>>
>>54536021
But then the archon is stuck on foot :\
>>
>>54536003
You can pretty much see the trigger behind the mag and the barrel isn't extremely long if it's zoomed in.
>>
>>54535993
SC scourges and more reavers. Happy raiding Archon!
>>
>>54536003
Long barreled laspistol are a thing anon. You can see the trigger guard on the lower left corner of the image.
>>
File: IMG_3640.jpg (49KB, 320x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3640.jpg
49KB, 320x323px
>>54535932
>>54536031
Fuck off /pol/fags. We don't need another thread being derailed by your shit
>>
>>54536015
Auto Santicifiers, bless bullets in the emperor's holy name, and yeah hate them on primaris for how barebones everything else is so they stick out
>>
>>54535979
>GK
>Not new repressor kit
>>
>>54535981
I'm just jumping in to comment on how retarded you look. I don't care about farsight either way haha. Nice projection though.
>>
>>54535988
You'll need an HQ
>>
>>54536032
Knock off a kabalite and stick him in that raider senpai.
>>
>>54536056
>repressor
what's that
>>
>>54536015
Autosanctifiers. They automatically say prayers and anoint bullets put into them, because primaris always need to have anti-chaos tech available. It's dumb, but in the most 40k way possible.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>54536056
>he actually thinks they'll get plastic sister kits
>>
File: IMG_4244.jpg (6KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4244.jpg
6KB, 300x57px
>>54536047
>silenced las gun
GW would do it
>>54536050
No I'm a catholic, who respects the Jews unlike the Protestant cults
>>
>>54535993
Remember to do your part and thwart the imperiums efforts in Konor!
>>
>>54536061
B-but then I lose a dark lance
>>
>>54536075
>anti chaos tech
>when chaos are currently the biggest threat
Gee I wonder why anon
>>
>>54536022
>TFC gets better but a bit more expensive in the codex, if necessary save on servitors
Did they fix the bullshit where it pays for itself, then the gun, then the techmarine, then the guns on the techmarine? Because I'm not against having different point costs for easy adjustments, but that's just absurdity.
>>
File: Repressor03[1].png (90KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
Repressor03[1].png
90KB, 320x272px
>>54536062

>Not knowing the glory of moving 24"+2d6 on turn one and shooting 8 heavy flamers in the enemy's face
>>
>>54536068
Indeed my seemingly autistic booty pained, friend.
>>
>>54536103
Heavy Flamers are Heavy weapons and so cannot be fired if you advanced. You're thinking the Immolator.
>>
>>54536079
At this point I'd welcome any non-Marine release.
>>
>>54536079
Long-barreled lasguns and whisper-lasguns are two different things anon.
>>
>>54536103
>meme faction
Oh, ok
>>
>>54536093
Just get a venom and stick the archon in there. Problem solved. Venoms are like $36. Also pick up some scourges for $30. $166 total. Done.
>>
File: IMG_1192.jpg (108KB, 811x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1192.jpg
108KB, 811x508px
SHARK WEEK POST SHARKS!!!
>>
>>54536118

Yeah, mixed up my retributor repressor and my dominion repressor, sorry.

Dominion:
>Move 24"+2d6 and shoot 5 meltas from inside
>OR move 24" and shoot that plus 2 heavy flamer from the tank and 5 storm bolter from disembarked dominions

Retributor
>Move 12" and shoot 8 heavy flamer. Because fuck you heretics.
>>
>>54536136
>projections
>memes
This guy gets better and better lol.
>>
>>54536142
fuck space sharks
shitty edgy teen chapter for normies
>>
>>54536115
Sorry heretic, as of John Paul II, you've all been excommunicated. Maybe listen to Il Papa once in a while.
>>
>>54536142
Why do the space sharks seem so fucking popular lately ? They started as one of the most maymay marine chapters of them all.
>>
>>54536172
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>54536093
Why aren't you using elite dark eldar
>>
>>54536184
>Booty bothered catholic
Really makes you think ;^)
>>
>>54536167
>>54536176
Mantis warriors and night lords need not apply.
>>
>>54536184
Could you please explain what your post, as written, has to do with 40k?
>>54536176
Memes are getting more and more power in modern 40k; people who were interested in the sharks but keeping quiet are speaking up in the hopes that it does something.
>>
>>54536198
Don't I need troops?
>>
Get in here Void brothers!
>>
>>54536154
Why disimbark?
Repressor has 6 fire points. One of the few vehicles that still has those
>>
File: IMG_2711.jpg (108KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2711.jpg
108KB, 625x552px
>>54536214
You were the only one looking like a riled up autist. Does your shitposting cause you to sperg out?
Consider my almonds activated.
>>
What good Assault options exist for codex marines outside of terminators? I'm looking to make a more melee based army, but assault marines don't really seem like enough to carry the day and I don't want the First Company to always be intervening in their shit.

I'm considering scout bikers with chainswords and that new stratagem, but what else?
>>
>>
>>54536135
>religious people would complain about an ethnic group being destroyed rather than a religious group being destroyed
Really exited the cogitators there anon
>straw man
I took paedophile warlord as Muhammad, who was it meant to be, also the burgers flipping you off is mainly an American problem, because you know Puritans fled Europe to pursue a place where their fee fees would be the only fee fees as you so put it. Science's """"matyrs""" are laughable, as it implies one cannot be both a scientist and religious, when the FRIAR Mendel, is why you are now able to go to an IVF clinic and demand a green eye boy without Down's
>>
>>54536242

5 melta dominion, 5 stormbolter dominion

Free move, storm bolter squad disembarks, normal move for both
Meltas fire from the safety of the repressor while storm bolters mow down whatever is left.
>>
File: ig vs tyranids .jpg (284KB, 1398x777px) Image search: [Google]
ig vs tyranids .jpg
284KB, 1398x777px
>fully painted IG vs fully painted Tyranids fighting in an amazing urban district map

I'm fucking jelly, man. Most wargames I get are dipshits with unpainted armies using a bland table as the board.
>>
How are Thousand Sons faring in 8th?
>>
>>
>>54535824

I am going to FUCKING CRY if it's just a Primaris unit that uses fucking Lasguns.
>>
>>54536251
You seem troubled, perhaps call up father o grady and ask for a friendly old prostate massage, just like the old days :^)

>end shitpost mode
So whats the easiest way to get combi weapons and melee weapon bits? I have 20 cultists to turn into acolytes
>>
File: Terrain.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Terrain.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>54536277
The worst is when they have access to good terrain and just are shit at placing it.
>>
>>54536263
>still pretending to be retarded
Anon, I'm tempted to just get a hotel room so we can fuck. This is a pointless conversation so I'll see you around, fampai.
>>
>>54536277

>Surprised that people that make yourube videos for a living use painted armies
>>
>>54536289
>>54536289
>>54536289

new thred
>>
>>54536176
Because Tyberos is one of the best models ever, and overlap with the Minotaurs whilst being indepdent from everyone, and are the marines Corax thought were too evil to serve in his humanitarian foreign legions
>>
>>54534251
fixing the bases most likely
>>
>>54536275
You just made me want to get 2 squads of Dominions with Storm Bolter...
I need to replace my Flamer girls since normal flamers got nerf to shit this edition.

Are there any infantery size storm bolter Bits? I need like at least 12
>>
>>54536277

Who are these dudes?
>>
>>54536251
You mean the cult that blamed them for deicide rather than the government that actually killed their hippie god because said empire's government could wipe out the cult at a moment's notice?

That never actually otherwise singled-out the cult more than any other subject faith so long as taxes got paid, which then led the cult to develop a huge fake history of oppression & secrecy, which they projected onto Jews throughout history? And whose crusades leisurely stopped off at cultural centers to murder civilians & kidnap their children at swordpoint because "convert or die, Christ-killer," even though one of the cult's founders said explicitly not to do this? Some Jews disliked this retarded cult?

You don't say.
>>
>>54536203
Fuck that's good
Where's the helmet from
>>54536209
>he doesn't do open play with the lads
>>54536251
>reject Christ as messiah
>reject his symbols
Fuck that's like really hard understand m
>>54536265
>appropriating Maori culture
You didn't work for those tattoos
>>
Is there a custom data sheet builder for 8e yet?
>>
>>54536280
Well psychic is weaker now, as it's leadership tests again not warp dice
>>54536282
Cataphracti?
>>54536296
>every country has been at war with England, clearly this is proof they are warmongers and should be removed from existence
>>
>>54536257
Assault marines are fine for dealing with more shooty focused units in melee and assisting more elite but valuable units in an assault.
Bikes are more resilient but cost more points whilst doing less damage than assault marines when locked in combat, since they have to give up their pistols. I'd definitely take at least some assault marines alongside some terminators, vanguard, beefy melee characters, and maybe some dreadnoughts.
>>
>>54536395
>it's leadership tests again

Nigga, what?
>>
>>54536272
>meaningless non-sequitur
Shaking with desperation isn't normal for the rest of us, anon.

>pedophile warlord
>only Muhammad
>not Hebrews who killed other tribes to a child, & who killed other tribes except for the young girls
>not muh child bride sects all over Christendom
>not muh family values boyfuckers in every anti-gay evangelical hootenanny

Almost like it's struggling to communicate! Fascinating.
>>
File: 1500305035691.jpg (79KB, 546x878px) Image search: [Google]
1500305035691.jpg
79KB, 546x878px
>>54536272
>>
>>54536409
>other murderer
First ducking source because that would be taught, second a heretic is a greater crime than murdering someone
>>
>>54536409
>Realistically speaking Christianity has never targeted Judaism
Spain 1492
>>
>>54536409
>who was Peter the Hermit
>who was Count Emicho
>MAINZ WORMS AND SPEYER WERE FALSE FLAGS

Alex Jones isn't real news, nazicuck.
>>
>>54536562

JesusMasterRace.biz isn't a real source, much like your precious spookybook. The denial & washing of hands never happened; Pilate fucking loved crucifying people for the smallest infractions, & sometimes took lunch along the lines of condemned, like Vlad Tepes.

Not that fascist pigs know the first thing about history outside of their Japanese comic books.
>>
File: [Laughter Stops].png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter Stops].png
200KB, 356x256px
>>54536283
T-They wouldn't actually do that, right?
>>
>>54536562

18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Cum nimis absurdum
>>
>>54536780
Rule 8 I believe is something to do with complaining about mods and 4chan policies.
>>
>>54536816
that it does and report it I do
>>
>>54536865
False reporting is also a bannable offence tho
So maybe wash your face before looking into that option
>>
>>54536865
I certainly have been reporting appropriately, could you explain what you mean by "jews LARPing as athiests"?
>>
>>54536100
nope. but they gave it -1 AP and a tremor round stratagem: when hit, all movement halves, including charges. amazing against berserkers, boyz, gaunts and other vermin
>>
>add one to its saving throws to represent cover received from the terrain
So is this meant to represent a wall becoming shrapnel
>>
>>54536912
>fucking kikes can manipulate global wars and the wars of false religions but can't close down an anti Semitic image board with persistent DDoS's
Wew lad, kike magic is as consistent as blood magic in GoT
>>
>>54534404
Fool, Rainbow Warriors are best Warriors.
>>
File: Geykinghtfeelius.jpg (162KB, 875x894px) Image search: [Google]
Geykinghtfeelius.jpg
162KB, 875x894px
>>54536293
Oh god that pleb set up
I remember seeing that all the time at a gaming club i used to go down to.
I even made that club smaller pices of scenery just for members to stop placing terrain pieces like that.
>>
>>54536912
So I had to search up JDIF, this seems to be an organisation that seeks challenge anti-semetic narratives or at least that seems to be opinion of /r/The_Donald

Is that correct in your view?
>>
>>54533398
Flayed one flesh, reikland fleshshade and pallid wych flesh layer.

With gold depends how bright you wan't it, but the Duncan's retributor armor, reikland fleshshade and auric armor gold combo works for me.
Thread posts: 551
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.