[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1636: No One Makes New Editions Like Gaston!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 44

File: Jumpchain.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>54518668
>>
No one dies like Gaston.
>>
>>54529326
Has THICC thighs like Gaston.
>>
>>54529326
Comes back from the dead in a Direct-to-Video sequel like Gaston.
>>
>>54529318
No one touches Madara Uchiha like Gaston.
>>
>>54529350
We fucking need this in our lives.
>>
>>54529363
We truly do.
>>
>>54529363
Disney Princess, boy. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
Asking again for the new thread- is there anything you guys would like to see in a Generic Creepypasta update?
>>
>>54529415
Will Outside Knowledge be getting a buff?
>>
>>54529415
Maybe something based on the doomsday style creepypastas?
>>
>>54529415
...Besides what I already said last thread, I guess I wouldn't turn down more creepypasta powers. Something neat would be specific creepypasta items too, like a copy of those Whoever.exe games or maybe an entire collection of them. Although that particular example is of dubious use.
>>
File: dragons.png (669KB, 477x624px) Image search: [Google]
dragons.png
669KB, 477x624px
How did there get to be so many dragon options, anyway? There's more 'be a dragon' options in /jc/ than there are even 'be a vampire' or 'be a werewolf.'

And then there's the people who are all three. How did we get to where we are on that?
>>
File: cait.png (1MB, 720x1137px) Image search: [Google]
cait.png
1MB, 720x1137px
So, Nier One is almost done. Pretty much have just the intro, locations and origin descriptions to go, so normally it'd be done in an hour or so.

Problem is, totally stuck on a single item. The origin based on Kaine needs a 200CP item (Already has stuff based on her outfit, the aerie village and the lunar tears). Seriously, any one with ideas would be very much appreciated. I've been stuck on this one blighter for days.
>>
>>54529178
What other OC companions would you like to see?

>>54529212
I can do that.

>>54529300
>>54529434
Yep.

>>54529464
Any powers you had in mind?
>>
>>54529415
Perks that let you summon familiars based on what you're most similar to at the moment (Demon Jumpers summon imps, Soldier Jumpers summon mercenaries, etc.)

Might have been said earlier, but i think it would fit well.
>>
>>54529683
Can my everyday best create mundane armor or jewelry? What about things like steel-toed boots or construction helmets?
>>
>>54529469
Dragons are super popular
Being a vampire is seen as "edgy"
Being a werewolf is seen as "furry"
Being all three is fine, hell in theory an Adventure Quest jump could offer the ability to be all three and be perfectly canon.
>>
>>54529415
More points, because my build is already full?
>>
>>54529821
Probably not, mostly meant for clothes.
>>
>>54529415
Reiterating on the ritualist-book-thing from last thread, and also: really surprised there is no life- or energy-drain of some sort in there. Also, something like what's hinted at in the Proxy companion, a way to change and mutate one's Cultists or captured victims. Environment creation of some sort as well to "infect" or "infest" reality around you with a "biome" of your choice - example, causing a nightmarish swamp of mushrooms to grow around where you live and such.
>>
>>54529683
Not sure, off the top of my head. Maybe something based off of her weapon? That's kind of a long shot, since I don't know if equipment is a freebie.

A memoir or journal of an elderly/departed relative? Or military documents/items, considering who the Shade possessing her is?

It's a tough one. I got nothing.
>>
>>54529857
I think the journal is a good one actually, thanks Heavens.
>>
>>54529873
No problem! Looking forward to the jump.
>>
>>54529831
>Adventure Quest

I need to get back on that, along with DragonFable.

God I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator.
>>
>>54529850
Hmm... Would shoes be counted under "clothes", then? Beyond stuff like slippers and moccasins? Belts and other things with "hard" points? Sorry if this is frustrating, just trying to figure out what exactly its limits are.
>>
>>54529925
I loved DragonFable, but you know what killed it for me? What made me say "fuck this shit"?
The fucking-god-damned leveled dungeons. It doesn't matter how good your items are! You need to fight shit at your level or higher! No grinding for cash or necessary items on low level dungeons for you! Unless you wanna do Robina's Bandit Bounty a trillion fucking times.
>>
>>54529748
Incredibly uninspired... but Cryptids playing their archetype straight were the first things coming to mind when I wrote that. An entity stuck inside their game who, while friendly to you, is still a generic evil mass murderer and has the same general abilities as the Childish Spirit. Yet another Slenderman rip-off. An edgy teenager who's manifesting Cryptid powers (like the Proxy) by themselves instead of from exposure to the Jumper's weirdness. A Man In Black who's following you around due to you being surprisingly competent at dealing with all the things going bump in the night (normally I'd suggest an organization like the one from the drawback or the SCP Foundation, except without their ridiculous reach and resources, but I feel like even that'd be blowing the power curve for that section) or because you ARE the thing they're meant to be tracking down. An Internet group who are literally just normal people from all over the country pooling their knowledge together to deal with all the fucked up shit they got caught up in (admittedly this one is difficult to justify as actual Companions instead of a plot thread that follows you). Generic mentally unstable abused potentially cannibalistic prisoner/mental patient who became fucking HUGE due to reasons and follows you around because you were nice to them or something. A monster hiding in your dreams who doesn't want to murder you or drive you insane. An obious skinwalker/shapestealer/changeling/whateverthefuck who just waltzed into your home but actually is just looking to mooch off of you instead of killing you and acts like the Kramer-type neighbour in a sitcom.

Anyway, I have much less in mind for powers. The only thing I was really thinking about was another power like Genius Loci, but instead of giving you powers, it let you change the environment. Making infinite stairways, non-euclidean corridors, all that jazz. Other ideas included...

1/2
>>
>>54529962
>(admittedly this one is difficult to justify as actual Companions instead of a plot thread that follows you)

Hey, this one could still work in the same vein as the Rogues' Gallery from BTAS.
>>
>>54529949
I'm probably not going to be able to give you exact limits given it's just a off to the side thing a character does a few times.

Generally anything that would be clothing and not 'combat gear' or 'work gear' should work. The steel toed boots might work but a kevlar vest or iron plate probably won't. Belts, shoes, maaaybe some light jewellry could work but just...you know, clothing stuff. If it's the sort of thing you'd see on a soldier or bodyguard or have a lot of innate value like being made out of a special material, you probably can't make it.
>>
>>54529748
>>54529962
...a combo with Glitch (either vanilla Genius Loci or the theoretical new power) for making media that actually straight up take place in real life, stuff like having players or viewers watch/guide a monster through a building until they realize it's actually right outside their apartment and other such shenanigans, and a combo with Pocket Realm for basically doing the Silent Hill thing. Pretty minor since you can make portals, but in this case you could drag anyone in your controlled area into your Pocket Realm instead of faffing around with portals, or manifest small portions of your Pocket Realm in the real world.

2/2
>>
>>54529954
You mean the whole level scaling enemies thing?

Yeah, I know how you feel. Especially the whole need gold thing. At least I got some limited time Items and weapons, so all I need to do is level up and upgrade the respective Item/Weapon.

Yes, I wasted money on it. No I don't regret it. Yes I'm very behind, both jumpmaking wise and story wise.
>>
>>54530020
By the time they released the dungeon to upgrade my Doom weapon I couldn't fight the fucking monsters defending it because of the level scaling, and shit-luck on getting a Light weapon.
>>
Other than the ones from Fate S/N & Illya are there any perks for brute forcing any possible magic effect with raw power?
>>
>>54529415
Only thing I can think of would be an interaction with ritualist and either avatar or possibly traveler so you can talk to lots of people at once if your rituals become widely known without having to then have an avatar run back to you to convey the message. Maybe people briefly summon a mental avatar that rejoins you when it is done?
>>
Speaking of Generic Creepypasta, on a scale of 1-to-10, how bad of a call would it be to turn Polybius into a Gashat?
>>
>>54529415
ability for Ritualist + Avatar to have a potential upgrade to work for one's other aspects, like Kami, Third-Circle Demons, Egi, tied spirits, etc.
>>
>>54530040
>Doom weapon

Yeah, I'm definitely putting that in the jump. Maybe make it into a companion a la Caitiff.

Maybe even a Light Elemental Companion for those who choose a Destiny Weapon.
>>
>>54530131
Nice

Do we get dragon? I liked my dragon. He was cute, even in full-dragon form.

Also you need a drawback concerning all of the real-money shilling the game began to do.
>>
>>54530131
SoulWeaver class, ja?
>>
>>54529983
Alright, thanks, Val. I just saw a set of clothing and was wondering if the perk could reproduce it.
>>
>>54529898
Hey Heavens, do the Gashacon weapons in the item section work with Dual/Two-Slot Gashats?
>>
File: fleshweaverWIP.png (2MB, 1341x1877px) Image search: [Google]
fleshweaverWIP.png
2MB, 1341x1877px
>>54530171
>Spoiler

HAHAHHAH. Why wouldn't that be an option, Anon?

>Drawback suggestion
As much as I want to, I'm not sure how that would work. Especially since don't know how DC exists in-universe. I think they were referenced in a Cysero centric quest, but I don't know which one.

>>54530181
>spoiler
Thats gonna come in a 3 or 4 teir Weaving Family perk.

Teir-1-Soul Weaving/ Knowhow of weaving clothes made from soul thread. Just the Clothes.

Tier-1/2- Soul Smithing/ Knowledge of binding souls to weapons and other objects.

Tier 3/ Chaos Weaving/ Knowledge of attacking the soul using soul based magics.

Tier 4/ Murk/Flesh Weaver/ Ability to consume spirits to obtain their powers. Use the bodies of lesser beings as meat puppets to wear and whatever might be revealed.
>>
>>54529873
Yo, Val, if I used God Point Granter to empower someone with Seven Sins from Soul Eater, would they be able to summon my clones or theirs? And would they have my powers or the summoner's?
>>
File: 1482683900435.png (589KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
1482683900435.png
589KB, 733x733px
>>54530270
Yup!
>>
>>54530287
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>54530286
It'd be them summoning their own clones based on themselves.
>>
>>54530273
>As much as I want to, I'm not sure how that would work.
Almost anything remotely decent costs DC, you can only get DC by watching 5-minute advertisements which grants you 1-5 DC, even the worst stuff for DC costs 200+
>>
What should I do if I want to bring along a canon companion, but there is no option to do so in a jump?
>>
>>54530395
Use a pod
>>
>>54530395
Stasis Pod or Blue Feather.
>>
>>54530311
I'll sleep on that. Maybe leave some suggestions for perks and items. Tell me about what you think on how I'll handle the Weaving Family perks.

Since for now, Its time to sleep.
>>
>>54530395
This is what the pods in the warehouse are for. Or as >>54530418 said there is a Blue Feather that lets you companion anyone you can get to marry you, and some people duplicate in order to bring other companions along.
>>
>>54530309
Ah, too bad. Thanks anyway.
>>
I have a dumb mass effect question but it's one I have to ask. How much do companions cost? It says they cost 500 cp but then it says up to 8 are free and it's 50 cp for each one after that. Which is right?
>>
>>54530395
Fanwank and spend two to three hundred CP to take them anyways.
>>
>>54530475
You pay 500 to get 8, then can pay an extra 50 each for more than that. They're not so much 'free' as included in the 500cp cost.
>>
>>54530415
>>54530418
>>54530438

>>54530491
Okay, fair enough.

>>54530475
This is the jump in question I was wondering about actually.
>>
Friendly reminder that plenty of Mass Effect fanfics - decent ones, at that - exist. Which are extremely varied and not necessarily very close to canon.
>>
>>54530532
Friendly reminder that, yeah, so what? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. Are you suggesting a soft-replacement of the Mass Effect jump or are you just advocating that people go to fanfic land instead of canon because you don't like how canon turned out?
>>
>>54530567
I think he's saying he wants a good Mass Effect, and "reminding" people that there're loopholes to getting around the one Jump limitation.
>>
>>54530567
>Are you suggesting a soft-replacement of the Mass Effect jump

Same reason the Jorge Joestar jump was made, anon.
>>
>>54530584
Okay, so the first one. I figured that was likely, but I honestly wasn't sure. It's Mass Effect, you could be complaining about ME3 and Andromeda just as easily as you could be complaining about the jump.
>>
>>54530532
If you want it that badly, make Andromeda and put in a drawback to be part of the original initiative back on Earth. Put in a scenario the size of LoT or FFXIV and no one will read it to notice if you sneak in Commander Shepherd cameos.
>>
>>54530493
I was afraid someone would say that. I guess it's the safest way to take it.. Though it seems the price is a little excessive but as Quicksilver is long gone I don't think we will be getting a clarification or rewrite any time soon.
>>
>>54530309
Do they retain wounds and such between summonings? If so, can they "heal" while not manifested?
>>
>>54530596
Well I mean they could sit on their asses for 4 years, make a jump in 5 seconds, publish it, and basically imitate the real Andromeda experience
>>
Are you still around, Cenanon?
>>
File: tmp_4565-311780132115843205.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4565-311780132115843205.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>54530567
>>
Symbiote (web novel) question:

Do Symbiotes count as Companions, even if they're bonded to another Companion?

I'm trying to figure out my approach and as I already have companion numbers spilling over the 8-body limit, if Symbiotes cause that to be worse I may just skip out on them altogether.
>>
>>54530611
They'd probably retain them? I'd say it's kinda up to fanwank about whether they're in time stasis or not when desummoned. They could be brought back even if killed, though I'd imagine it'd take a while to do so.
>>
>>54530513
Upon further reflection, I think I will take the 8 companion perk, and just fill in the slots with the canon characters I want.

I really don't want to be cheep or anything... Maybe I can make it so that 100 CP=1 Canon Companion?
>>
>>54530667
Considering the price of it, I don't think anyone's going to defenestrate you for doing that.
>>
>>54530658
Hmm... So what happens in the event of total body/soul destruction? Does a new one just pop up, or do you need to wait awhile? Are they gone forever? Also, are they still the "same" clone?
>>
If Batman anon is here
Does Prisma Jumper require you to be in magical Girl/boy form to use any powers or just out of jump ones?
>>
>>54530700
It'd probably just work like companions do. You'd be able to summon them back, same as they were, eventually. Have to talk to Bee about how long that'd take though.
>>
>>54530682
Honestly, I think I am just going to stick with the normal 50 CP per companion, since most characters in the game seem to be within the same power range as a normal custom companion, and the more powerful ones will be balanced by the weaker ones I am taking along, so yeah.
>>
>>54530759
Okay, thanks. And actually... do they count as Companions?

Also, might be a weird question, but would something like Jump Hui be able to "liberate" them? Does Jump Hui even allow you to "disconnect" clones from yourself, or does it just make them a person in all other ways?
>>
>>54530815
No, just clones of yourself.

Jump Hui wouldn't really do anything for them since they already have their own thoughts and feelings and stuff. They'll still be bound to you and rely on you because that's their nature as a clone.
>>
>>54530656
I think the end of Jump choice applies for them too, pretty sure you can keep them without going over the limit, but even if you can't you can still get rid of them and keep the perks/Symbiote abilities in the companion s anyway.
>>
>>54530835
Alright, thanks.

Yeah, I'm aware of that part, which was what prompted this line of discussion. When I summon them, do they still copy my current mind and memories, or is that only on the first summon? Basically, is it making copies of me each time, or is it chaining unique, thinking beings to my existence?
>>
>>54530656
>Jolly Cooperation
>and each pair only counts as one Companion.
>>
>>54530884
Mmm. Probably need to talk that over, I'll get back to you on that in a bit, sorry anon.
>>
>>54530900
Oh shit and Bio-Injector lets you give someone a Symbiote AND have the option to invite them along as a Companion!
>>
>>54530903
Again, thanks. And no problem.
>>
>>54530909
AND IT'S

FUCKING INFINITE USES TOO.
>>
File: NIER.pdf (466KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
NIER.pdf
466KB, 1x1px
Doot doo doot doo doo doot doot.

Time for another Jump. It's Nier! Nier One.
>>
>>54530909
>AND have the option to invite them along as a Companion
Wait, what.
>>
>>54530909
That's only in jump right?
>>
>>54530909
Doesn't it only work once though? I think that was why I didn't get it, or maybe the companion thing was this jump only... I know I wanted it, then found out it wasn't as good as I'd thought (especially given if you have a Symbiote you can hand them out eventually anyway).
>>
>>54530966
>>54530974
>>54530979

--- Bio-Injector[400 CP; Discount: Human]

A Bio-Injector is a bio-organic device containing a blank,
non-synergized Symbiote, completely lacking in personality;
whereas normally, a Bio-Injector would erase its contents upon
use, this one is specifically modified to skip this process,
rendering it indefinitely reusable, and has had the Berzerker
Protocol removed. It also modifies its own programming to the
genetic code of whatever it's injected into, allowing you to
make Symbiotes of even non-humans, though they do still need
the 90% predictive rate typically required of Symbiotes. This
is a good thing, though; Symbiotes are AI and, baseline, have
a relatively alien mentality, and, without the ability to predict
human interactions might take a harmless joke for a serious
threat on their host's life and attack the person that made it,
potentially killing them. In case it wasn't obvious, people that
you turn into the Host of a fully synergized Symbiote pair have
the option of becoming a Companion if they're willing to come
with you; it should be noted, though, that this 90% predictive
rate takes, at minimum, five to eight years, even with the
knowledge that it should be predicting its host, and could easily
take in excess of a decade, depending on the person in question.

And nothing in notes on it being "this jump only." Even Ctrl-F'd through it.
>>
>>54530962
Oooooh~ Nice! Reading nao...
>>
>>54530996
For fucks' sake.

Can someone edit it to remove that or something? I'm really sick of people sneaking bullshit like this through
>>
>>54530996
And like that, the Blue Feather was forever invalidated.
>>
>>54530966
You are creating a sentient life, many use a rule where any inteligence you make or are the parent of becomes a companion. That jump actually rules that the symbiote granting option definitly does that even without the common house rule.

Being symbiotes the host has to come too.

If you are useing the child houserule you don't even need the injector as long as you only want to get people biologically compatible with humans, female symbiotes can also reproduce.
>>
>>54530962
Can you choose not to read CYOA?
>>
>>54531057
If you like
>>
>>54529362
Foolish anon. No one can touch Madara Uchiha. You can't even touch that one guy whose not Madara Uchiha but says he is.
>>
>>54530962
>your arcane might is ten times greater than any human in this world, a magnification which carries on to other magical systems.
Wew. K. Still reading though.
>>
>>54531008
It wouldn't really matter, unless you are one of those people who leaves their and their companions' kids behind the very nature of symbiotes serve as a loophole for turning people into companions.
>>
>>54531008
>I'm really sick of people sneaking bullshit like this through

Then pay the fuck attention to a jump and bring it up next time.

Too fukken late now.
>>
>>54530996
Fuck.

I've got a couple hundred jumps to retcon.
>>
>>54531029
It isn't like there aren't plenty of ways to make anyone you want into a companion already. Blue Feather will always be very popular due to its ease of use and association with waifuing.
>>
>>54530962
>your arcane might is ten times greater than any human in this world, a magnification which carries on to other magical systems
Is this ten times greater, or ten times greater then any other human?
>>
>>54530962
>Another jump
You should be pretty close to overtaking Cats and Dirge on jumps made now right?
>>
>>54531139
Ten times greater in general. Thinking about reducing it for other magic systems if needed though.

>>54531146
This would be my 29th jump, counting collaborations with other people. 23 or 24 if it's just solo stuff.
>>
>>54530532
Friendly reminder that there is a ME fanfic where a certain Johan Liebert becomes a Spectre.
>>
>>54530962
So how come you're so averse to replacing jumps?
>>
>>54531126
Anon remember you need to do it early in the jump or it won't work, it takes time to reach synergy. So yeah. Make sure you include picking up the Symbiote-Human primer for them when you are there, that should help speed it up and avoid situations where they never reach synergy.

Not sure what it was really called but there was something developed to help symbiotes reach that stage of understanding their human more easily.
>>
>>54530962
>>54531075
Alright, so. Is this based on anything in canon? Also, I'm sure you're aware, but straight-up multipliers tend to be frowned upon. Describe it more qualitatively, please.
>>
>>54530962
How is this related to Nier: Automata again?
>>
>>54530584
Except Jorge Joestar is really really different from most Jojo for both good and ill.
>>
>>54531181
Might also be harder for non humans untill you have a baseline to adjust the guide to.
>>
>>54531170
>>54531188

Friendly reminder that there is an ME fic there Adam Jensen and Garrus are buddy-cops.
>>
>>54530962
>Insert Bison going "YES, YES!" here
Reading eagerly. Many thanks!~
>>
>>54531184
How is it related to Drakengard is my real question.
>>
>>54531181
Early in your jump for most (5-8 years to develop) but might even require more time than you have (10+ years to develop).
>>
>>54531183
It's based on Emil being shockingly powerful magically because of the experiments done to his sort of being.

If I described it more qualitatively, it'd still do the same level of stuff, it'd just mean people would ask more questions about it.

>>54531184
Nier Automata is the very distant sequel to Nier. It shares a few characters and the events that happened are ultimately caused by characters from Nier, partially anyway. Kinda tired so if you want more detail, just search a few threads back when people got really into it or google it, since Automata's pretty popular there's a lot of things to describe the setting's lore.
>>
>>54531208
Same multiverse, Drakengard magic crossing over fucked up Nier's original reality (Which is basically just our reality) and Nier takes place a thousand or so years after the apocalypse.
>>
>>54531073
Of course you can.

You just need clones. Clones in another dimension. And/or an horny old man's soul juice.

>>54531184
Same world, 9000 years and a couple apocalypses before.

>>54531208
Another dimesion. Drakengardians came, littered magic trash, people got magic cancer.
>>
>>54530626
>Someone at Bioware wonders where that burning sensation is coming from...
>>
>>54531216
Or you could give a few examples of things you could do, like how much x spell would be amplified, which both gives a clear indication of how it works and doesn't require multipliers.

On another note, does this:

>Possessed +200
>Grimoire +200

Mean you're paying an extra 200 CP for the origin, or that you're getting paid 200 CP to take it? They do have some obvious disadvantages, but they also seem fairly powerful. So, please clarify?
>>
>>54530962
Alright, time to realize that I'm the real villain, then delete all my builds.
>>
>>54531243
>Someone at Bioware wonders where that burning sensation is coming from.
Did you want the blue response, the red response or the green response?
>>
>>54531252
Yeah, I'll note that those are giving you more CP.

I could give those examples...except where it applies to out of system magic. And given that multipliers aren't really all that frowned on (Making something in heavy games terms with lots of percentages and multipliers, sure, but many many jumps have perks similar to this at higher and lower levels) I don't really feel the need to change it.

I'm open to lowering how much it boosts outside of this jump though. Might do that anyway.
>>
>>54530962
So, how would Magic Words work with a Grimoire origin? Starting with some Words beyond the Sealed Verses they may or may not have?
>>
>>54531278
Okay, thanks.

You know what? Fair enough.

That seems like it'd be good, yeah, but it's ultimately up to you. I don't really have any other problems with the jump, though if something comes to mind, I'll let you know. Thanks for the jump.

Side note: I really like Magic Words. Like, it's damn cool.
>>
>>54531295
Yup. You don't start with any but the basic Dark Shot. Think I forgot to note that.
>>
>>54530962
Ooh, an option to start at the time of the White Chlorination Sickness. Nice. I think I can take the Mother Grotesquerie's ghost. Time to save mankind.
>>
>>54530962
Oh, wow, No Need To Think Too Hard is amazing. Definitely taking that one.
>>
>>54530962
Can WCJ be applied to non-living objects? Also, does No. 9 allow you to cast magic, or would you need to take the perk for that?
>>
>>54531307
Living Library, is this essentially both an Eidetic Memory (printed works only) and Reading by Osmosis effect?

As an aside, I would be terrified of a Living Library with the Index perk from A Certain Magical Index.
>>
>>54531368
Just to living things. No, you'd need magic from elsewhere, the perk works but it is learnable in setting.

>>54531379
Basically.
>>
>>54530962
>Your blood and word magics are many times stronger, faster and easier to use, even taking far less energy from you to activate and utilise them.
Does this apply to blood and "word" magic from other jumps?
>>
>>54531447
Mhm.
>>
>>54531459
Does it still apply if you would normally be required to power it with blood or speak words, but had something that allowed you to bypass those requirements? Also, what counts as "word" magic? Anything that uses a spoken incantation or written component, or just where the words themselves carry power?
>>
Aside from Terraformars, what's a setting where rats or insects need a good beating? Want to put the Rat Basher stuff from Sunny in Philadelphia to good use.
>>
>>54530962
>No Emil skeleton alt-form option

But I liked that design. Emil was wrong, being a skeleton is cool.
>>
>>54531163
Oh wow you're really just one or two jumps away from overtaking them, probably going to pass them within the week?
>>
>>54531468
The Skaven from Warhammer Fantasy?
>>
>>54531464
It'd still count, long as it was using blood. It'd have to be the words themselves.

>>54531489
It's a drawback.

>>54531495
Think Dirge is in the 40s by now. Once I get done with all my current claims that'd be another 6 or so though.

Anyway, my next jump...either Vampire Counts or another little secret. Probably a week at most, but I might take a little break. Or try. I love jump making too much.
>>
>>54530962
>>54531312
I... dimly... remember an animated youtube clip of a red dragon and a white giant fighting over tokyo? Was this from an anime or a game?
>>
>>54531578
That's from the end of Drakengard 1's Ending E, so from a game. not this one though. The prequel to this one.
>>
>>54531570
If you take Black Hatred as a Possessed, will you try to kill your Shade? If you could and did, would that have any negative side effects?
>>
>>54531585
You would if you could. Depends on how you kill it. You're not going to stab yourself with a knife if you don't have a way of actually attacking it.
>>
>>54531570
Is Medusa sufficiently supernatural to be affected by WCJ?
>>
>>54531578
Here, let me link you to a bit in the TheDarkId's LP where he explains the backstory and how it ties to Drakengard 1: https://lparchive.org/NIER/Update%20123/

Just keep clicking through, in the LP the bits were scattered throughout as they were discovered in the form of short files, but archiving put them all together in a list.
>>
>>54531610
Mhm.
>>
>>54531570
>Vampire Counts
Jumper von Carstein is patient, but hungry for power.
>>
>>54531619
Is "line of sight" meant to be direct line of sight, or could you use it through walls if you had the capability to see through them? Clairvoyance? Cameras? Non-biological methods of 360-degree awareness?
>>
>>54531655
Direct line of sight. With your eyes. Your physical eyes. The ones in your head, or wherever else they are. If you can see through things with your eyes, that works too.
>>
>>54531668
Alright, thanks.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Howdy /JC!

>>54526825
No I don't believe so.

>>54529415
Maybe more Zalgo/SuperMyths?
>>
>>54531668
Would it work with optical magnification, using actual lenses rather than electronics or the like?
>>
>>54531668
Is Automata done? I remember the last time I asked you said you had to fix a few things.
>>
>>54531688
If you're seeing through something else, probably not.
>>
>>54531689
Oh, right, I needed to do few things. It's basically all fluff or common sense stuff, like changing a few inaccurate location descriptions or noting that you get your machine body as an alt form.

It's fully jumpable and there's no planned changes to the mechanics of anything.
>>
>>54531668
Do Shades have sufficiently physical eyes to make use of it?
>>
>>54531712
They've usually got little glowy eye bits, yeah.
>>
Since we have an Ultimate Lifeform option would a Primarch option be fine in a 30K jump if someone made one?
>>
>>54531689
Speaking of can someone post the latest version for me?
>>
File: 1496533871494.png (18KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496533871494.png
18KB, 300x310px
>>54531570
>It's a drawback.
>Getting CP for something that I wouldn't mind to pay for
>>
>>54531730
No. It would have been had you not brought up Ultimate Lifeform, but the fact that you did indicates you're going to make another tired old argument about "perk ____ is too OP, that means we can put whatever perks we want in our jumps now". There's no reason to give you anything you want.
>>
>>54531619
Would it be affected by the magic amplification as in No 9?
>>
>>54531174
>So how come you're so averse to be used to create unnecessary drama for my shit-brained enjoyment?
FTFY

>>54530962
Great jump again, Val. Thanks.

>>54531163
Crikey. that's a lot of jumps, Val. I knew you'd made a bunch, but didn't realise it was so many. Thanks for everything, Val.
>>
>>54531795
Ahuh.

>>54531797
Glad you're enjoying em.
>>
>>54531803
K, thanks. Wasn't quite sure if it counted as "magic" or just "unaffiliated, generic supernatural".
>>
>>54531824
No worries. I too find that an eternal pain in the ass distinction.
>>
>>54531730
How powerful are Primarchs? Is there some reason people are strongly against them?
>>
>>54531570
He's on 37 I think so when you only need two more claims to catch up
>>
>>54531864
It varies, heavily. Some could be utterly demolished by someone like DCAU Superman at the weakest, while others can wipe entire fleets from existence. The strongest can mess with planets, but those are generally considered extreme outliers (and Chaos-backed).Of course, they are extremely rare (~13 I wanna say) and important in the setting, so there are reasons other than power people would be against them.
>>
Where can I find a perk that will make it easy for me to interact with ordinary people despite possessing inhuman intelligence?
>>
>>54531878
Neat. In the end they're just numbers anyway. If I was really obsessed about that, it'd be a bit silly when many of my things are very short. Nier up there is a pretty small jump for example.
>>
>>54530962
Love your formatting.
>>
>>54531928
I think there's one in Oreigaru? Fate/Zero should have something in the Kiri tree. There's also Perfect Communication Skills from Worm, but I'm not quite sure that's what you meant by "easy".
>>
File: rika.png (966KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rika.png
966KB, 778x1000px
>>54531936
Why thank you. I like it too.
>>
>>54531265
Blue, please.
>>
>>54531929
I just realised. No 9 basically gives you the equivalent of an E-rank in magic (on the Fate Servant scale.)
>>
>>54531957
Hey Val, quick question for Ultimate Life Form, if you don't mind. Could we use the 'Understanding' thing to boost powers we already have? I mean, using it we can copy powers and make 'Ultimate' versions of them. So, would it be possible to make Ultimate versions of powers we already have?
>>
>>54531980
NieR/Drakengard mages can be pretty powerful. I would think that Emil ranks way higher. Specially when he obliterates an entire village with an attack.
>>
>>54531990
Mhm, it works on stuff you have. Just use it and you'll get Understanding. Long as it has an observable effect of course. If it's just some fiat perk, it's going to be pretty impossible to Understand.
>>
File: taro tub.png (483KB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
taro tub.png
483KB, 1278x718px
>>54530962
I meant to ask this about Autotomato too, there's little mention of the Watchers and the salt infection, and what is mentioned fails to demonstrate how dangerous that stuff is.

So whats the go? Are Jumpers immune or something?
>>
File: Solar default.jpg (66KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
Solar default.jpg
66KB, 600x668px
How would the Ultimate Solar Exaltation look like?
>>
>>54531951
Thanks.
I was just reading Symbiote Chapter 4 and thinking about all the intelligence perks my Jumper has and I realized that my Jumper must mentally operate on a level only one in a billion people could understand, and only if he was slowing down to explain things.

In Symbiote, B has a hard time understanding ordinary people, and has to take more effort to dumb things down for them than he does to actually formulate a response. And I'm worried my Jumper may be sliding into that territory rapidly.
>>
>>54531929
It's just weird to see how some people have several dozen jumps and then some people only have one. It's probably a bell curve or something.
>>
>>54532002
Cool, thanks Val.
>>
>>54532017
The Unconquered Sun, in either his draconic or humanoid form.
>>
>>54532009
If you take the drawback that puts you in that time in Nier One, you'll be quite resistant for the duration of the jump so it's possible but you won't last if you start eating it or something.

Otherwise, no real resistance. Best be careful with the WCS item.
>>
>>54532032
Ehehe, what can I say? I just really, really like making jumps.

I mean I have 68 WIPs in my folder right now. Just wanna roll around in jumps.
>>
>>54532042
That reminds me, could you go to the UCS or any TCD and start copying their charms with the Understanding?

>>54532060
Damn. Will any of your private jumps get released at some point?
>>
>>54532077
Ahahaha, well, only a few of them are private ones. And those....yeah, probably not. Some I'd be super embarrassed to present, others would violate rules this place has that I hold as very important. And the OC ones are just...too much trouble.

Most of them are things I'll eventually put out though. I really only claim big projects I know I wanna do for reals and just work on smaller stuff in breaks between writing stuff for big ones.
>>
When is Wild Card coming back? I miss them
>>
>>54532132
Why would anyone know the answer to that?
>>
>>54532142
I'm holding onto the belief that saying their name will reach them through the webs
>>
>>54532132
He's not.
>>
>>54532151
We tried that with Muyo, and many other Jumpmakers that left. They're still gone.
>>
>>54532151
You might as well pray to the flying pig for all the jumpmakers that left to waltz back and make jumps again.
>>
>>54532166
Good riddance, I say.
>>
>>54532077
>copying their charms
I think the biggest problem here would be that the Charms of spirits and gods are that they represent what the god/spirit can do because they're the God/Spirit of X. Even if you copied the spirit/god, you're still not the God of X.

Eclipse caste solars (and their equivalents) can get around this a little, but there are still many charms that are simply beyond them as well.
>>
>>54532046
I would be hesitant to eat or even breath the air in Nier then. That stuff is probably well entrenched in the ecosystem.
>>
>>54532200
When the stars are right and Great Cthulhu awakens within R'yleh, then shall the Jumpmakers return.
>>
>>54532238
Well, it's been eliminated in the main part of Nier. It's only going to be around if you're taking the Snow Storm drawback.
>>
>>54532222
There's also the bit where it won't help you copy things achieved through training or talent.
>>
File: Me IRL.png (26KB, 234x209px) Image search: [Google]
Me IRL.png
26KB, 234x209px
>>54532251
I missed this

>This is the last source of White Chlorination
Syndrome left in the world,

Good enough for me.
>>
>>54532261
Well, spirit charms aren't "learned" so much as "fundamental aspects of the spirit's existence" which Eclipse castes can somehow figure out how to learn.
>>
>>54532265
Yeah, the robots made by mankind wiped it all out after a few centuries. It's why Gestalts started reappearing, since it was finally safe to come out/
>>
>>54532280
Would you say that WCS is more of a supernatural disease, or closer to a curse?
>>
>>54532309
Magic Disease.
>>
File: QpeikOR.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
QpeikOR.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>54532280
Yet 9S starts to turn to salt at the end of A/B in Automato and Eve is marked by the watchers about 6 millennia after Nier. I don't know if that's canon, but like I said, good enough for me.

I guess we know what Taro's NP is in any event.
>>
>>54532318
Er, he turns to salt? I...really can't remember that. 2B kills him and then he puts himself in a robot body, right?

Eve having Watcher tattoos may just be a reference. I thought it was a fun thing so I did the whole implications thing. Possible that somehow a non deadly version of it survived, given magic does now exist in Nierland but the WCS plague is dead for sure.
>>
>>54531614
Thanks for that link, explained everything I was wondering about.
>>
>>54532330
The robots have red eyes and the hacked Yorha have red eyes too. Red Eye is still alive and well in Nier.
>>
>>54532451
....that's....to call it stretching would be an understatement.
>>
File: 1490474552812.jpg (94KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1490474552812.jpg
94KB, 520x390px
>>54532464
I bet you don't believe that the government is putting chemicals in the contrails to turn the frogs gay.

I'll send you a screen from the end of B to show you 9S being overcome with salt.
>>
>>54532493
No. Everyone knows it's to control our minds and make us more obedient. You're a real nutter Strike. Total conspiracy theorist.

Thank you.
>>
>>54532493
>>54532504
I'm less concerned by contrails and more concerned about what dentists really put in your teeth for fillings. Bugs have gotten pretty small these days...

Also, mind control is done by the CIA's satellites.
>>
>>54532451
Welp. That has implications, given the whole idea of making the replicants and androids in the first Nier was (if I'm understanding it right) was because they weren't vulnerable to the WCS effect/infection?
>>
>>54532534
Well, a system designed in less than a hundred years of human science and understanding versus something that was how old?
>>
So reading this stuff about these valkyrie power suit things it seems they are basically blue beetle suits from dc with some new tricks added on. Is this a good assumption?
>>
>>54532451
The symbol of the Watcher cult shows up in a few places, too. Most notably in Eve's berserk mode tattoos. It explains why he's so powerful, he's got magic.

>>54532581
A couple hundred on their side too, actually. The Watchers got spawned after Zero killed the Intoners, as a replacement for them. They're pretty new. Granted, they were made by something much older, so the gods probably do have more experience in making servants.
>>
>>54532595
Kind of. Scarabs come pre-loaded with equipment, though, you're going to have to feed tech to your Valkyrie Core yourself.
>>
File: 20170726180606_1.jpg (198KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170726180606_1.jpg
198KB, 1600x900px
>>54532504
Believe the picture and see the truth, 2+4 = 6

>>54532534
In the androids, it does seem to be done through hacking rather than contact with Meso, but Taro is being a cheeky vague mother fucker again.

>>54532634
I think I mentioned it. Either way I'm convinced that the Red Eye is alive and well.
>>
>>54532640
Oh ok then that still seems pretty useful.
>>
>>54532534
...seriously, 'implications' amount to having red eyes and a character named Red Eye. It takes a bunch of huge leaps in logic to work, such as Red Eye never using more then one body, none of the androids showing any other of the signs of WCS, Red Eye somehow infecting them despite being wiped out long ago and infecting them in a 100% different way then it did anything else.

>>54532634
And while the tattoos are a fun reference, the machines don't really need any reason to justify their power. They just grew to be stronger when faced with appropriate stimulus.

Not to mention, the things the Intoners summon ARE the Watchers. Or at least, they're referred to by the same terms. The Watchers definitely do not play the same purpose as the Intoners either.

>>54532653
That...is not salt. Salt isn't shiny. It IS a fun theory but it makes no sense. That just looks like (And I believe was explicitly referred to as) Eve having hacked into him and taking him over, the metal being a visual reference for that.
>>
>>54532653
>I think I mentioned it. Either way I'm convinced that the Red Eye is alive and well.
Ah, so you did, a while up-thread. And yeah, there's definitely some bit of Red Eye still around. Maybe not the creature itself, anymore, but some legacy of its influence. I blame the weapons, personally. The weapons that Emil sells are from Nier 1, and in Nier 1 they were from Drakengard. Those are Caim's weapons. And while the Grostesquerie Queen and Angelus's bodies are accounted for, Caim is not mentioned in the backstory-revealing notes. I like to think that he is Red Eye, because if you're making an army of monsters and you need a real ass-kicker to lead them, you could do worse than reanimating Caim. In another timeline he killed a guy so hard that Death itself died from it. So maybe Caim is Red Eye, and the fact that Emil is holding on to those weapons is why his spirit is still lurking around.
>>
>>54532675
>Not to mention, the things the Intoners summon ARE the Watchers. Or at least, they're referred to by the same terms. The Watchers definitely do not play the same purpose as the Intoners either.
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the Intoners' boss summons are called "Watchers", too. I guess I should have said "Grotesqueries", instead, to refer specifically to the giant salty space babies. There's an entire army of those, while the ones the Intoners have which seem to be custom to each of them. They're a whole species, with a hive queen and everything. And true, they don't serve the same purpose, but they're still fulfilling the goals of the gods. Which are to...I'm not sure, honestly. It's all rather convoluted.
>>
>>54532099
Someday you will have to reveal your novels.
>>
File: 1363343983812.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1363343983812.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>54532675
Citation desperately needed, I mean for my own sanity. Seriously, no one seems to know what that is and I have spent way too much time scouring forums for an answer, and the only thing that made sense is that it's WCS.

It's referred to as being corrupted in the scene, and salt is shiny when it's in big crystals.

>>54532710
The thing is with Taro, the more a character can suffer the more likely it is to be the case. There are no breaks on Moon Mans wild ride.
>>
>>54532774
Okay. See, the thing here is, you have a couple choices for what could be going on in the scene.

One- It's Eve who has hacked into 9S' body and is taking him over from the inside out. We know Eve can do this hacking, we've seen that the machines can infiltrate from within a androids body and that it's possible for a machine/android to survive physical death by placing their consciousness in another body (9S does it immediately after this.). The metal could be a representation of Eve turning 9S body into Eve's body, since we know they can evolve physically to whatever form they want with ease.

That's the explanation that relies entirely on things we know and on characters that are there. The only leap there is that the metal/shiny stuff is Eve transforming the body/representing the corruption.

Two- It's Red Eye, reappearing after 9000+ years of doing absolutely nothing, somehow infecting technology when that was explicitly not something the WCS could do (The robots were made to fight the WCS army and did so for many years directly without being infected), is showing no other signs of WCS infection in any of the many other red eyed robots we see in the game. It also assumes RE survived his second death after it was confirmed the WCS had been eliminated (Possible given he did once but 9000+ years with not a peep? Eh).

Finally, the worst offender for me, it assumes that Red Eye managed to infect the machine network and then sat on it's ass for many, many years doing basically nothing? We know why the machines are doing the war. That's not caused by Red Eye, they already have a motivation.

The problem with the Red Eye theory is that it takes so many gigantic leaps in logic to be true and relies on things that we know are not true. So yes, it could work if you ignore contradicting information and make big assumptions but...why do that when you have a perfectly sensible explanation already?
>>
>>54532764
Haha, no, this isn't that. Just some OC settings made up in spare time/in the process of being made.

Much easier to just keep it in my head and write it directly down onto the jump format instead of trying to explain everything in a way I and others would find sufficient.
>>
>>54529415
I feel a little like cryptids get the bulk of attention in the jump, so if you add more cryptid stuff I'd like to see more things for the other backgrounds as well.
Exactly what, I'm not sure.
>>
>>54532823
>The problem with the Red Eye theory is that it takes so many gigantic leaps in logic to be true and relies on things that we know are not true.

Normally I'd agree but the fact that the mark of the Watcher Cult is everywhere when Eve goes nuclear. You dismiss it as an Easter Egg, I give it a bit more weight because Taro is a lot more methodical in what symbols he uses, at least in the main story. If it was in a side quest, sure, Easter Egg, but not front and center during the climax of the first arc. The red eyes of the machines and the hacked androids might also be dismissed as a red herring, but again, Watcher Cult, front and center during the climax.
>>
Batman beyond question, can we buy suit upgrades multiple times like the strength enhancement?
>>
>>54532878
Okay but...that doesn't solve any of the other problems. Even if it's not a reference, all the other issues are still there.

I'd like for it not to be a reference because I found it cool but there just isn't a way for it to make sense. It has to be either a series of retcons/changes out of nowhere/big OOC actions or just a reference.

Yeah, it could be the mark but it'd mean the WCS suddenly, after centuries of not working on robots, became able to and then did nothing for 9+ millenia, it means Red Eye, despite only ever destroying and killing, just sat around doing nothing. It means that every single other example of an infected/red eyed robot in the story that didn't turn into salt was an outlier to the one that kinda looks like it...

Honestly, above all else, I'd also just find it kinda shit. It'd be shoehorned in so hard if all that was true and for...well, not much gain. Automata's story is pretty much entirely self contained. There's references to the past games and you'll enjoy it more if you've played the rest of the series but there's zero need to know them to fully understand the story.
>>
>>54532878
>>54532916
And the Machines have been shown to imitate. They could be aping the Watcher Cult for reasons unknown.
>>
>>54532916
To clarify, it wouldn't be shit if it actually had meaning in the story. If they genuinely brought in more Drakengard stuff, I'd have be literally squealing with happiness (I did when they mentioned Accord). It's just me finding it bad if they did and only did this much with it.
>>
>>54532675
>And while the tattoos are a fun reference, the machines don't really need any reason to justify their power. They just grew to be stronger when faced with appropriate stimulus.
>Not to mention, the things the Intoners summon ARE the Watchers. Or at least, they're referred to by the same terms. The Watchers definitely do not play the same purpose as the Intoners either.

I think Yoko Taro said something about how the Watcher tattoos Eve had were because Adam told him humans believed religious symbols or something. Don't remember exactly but I'm pretty confident that the Watcher tattoos don't actually mean anything.
>>
File: ClBCrTbUgAEXy1h.jpg large.jpg (32KB, 798x333px) Image search: [Google]
ClBCrTbUgAEXy1h.jpg large.jpg
32KB, 798x333px
>>54532916
>I'd like for it not to be a reference because I found it cool but there just isn't a way for it to make sense.

>Wanting something to make sense from a guy who put the Pearl Harbor operation which included vital information about Terminal and A2 in an Idol stage play that hardly anyone saw.

>Who also walks around in a moon man mask.

>Who based the entire nier spin off on a joke ending from the original Drakengard

Val. Come on. It's Yoko Taro. Believe the picture and see the truth

From that perspective it might actually be some elaborate ruse to draw in conspiracy theorists like myself

I don't even know what's real any more

>>54532944
>>
>>54532976
Taro is a great man.
>>
File: CgcWpd1WQAAjAFl.jpg (33KB, 598x304px) Image search: [Google]
CgcWpd1WQAAjAFl.jpg
33KB, 598x304px
>>54532984
Great isn't the word I'd use to describe him, but I like the cut of his jib.
>>
>>54532984
So. Maybe you can answer this: Who actually made the YoRHa?
I mean, humanity's been dead since the Shadowlord's demise.
Was it one or more of the remaining androids? Emil?
>>
>>54533041
A group of androids made them to help sell the idea that humanity was still alive and well on the moon.
>>
>>54533041
Batman did it.
>>
>>54529415

If you plan on adding >>54529794 's suggestion, then how about giving it a combo with Fate Worse Than Death so I can turn those I capture into more familiars?
>>
>>54533068
>wake up
>brush teeth
>check thread
>update
>immidiate (you)
Wowee. it's my lucky day. thanks anon

I would do so much with that perk,
there aren't enough familiar summon options in the chain
>>
>>54533041
Originally I thought it was the Terminals themselves ut expanded materials reveal that a group of androids, since humanity did actually make quite a large number (Devola/Popola, potentially the Accords given their actual time of origin is so unclear)
>>
>>54533041
>>54533051
What they said. Android moral was in the shitter so an Android Cabal invented the lie about humans still living on the moon and made YoRHa to help sell the lie and gather data to advance themselves. They used machine cores as the basis of YoRHa androids because it would be unethical to use real Androids as disposable experiments.

The Terminals and the Android Cabal know of each other and use each other to advance themselves but they're not really working together.
>>
>>54533098
I'm pretty sure Androids have been making more regular Androids all this time but I'm not sure.
>>
>>54533141
Well, yeah, YoRHa has been making more androids and new types of Androids too the whole time.
>>
>>54533156
These robots just need to fuck and get it over with at this point.
>>
>>54533051
I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the timeline.
Humans die out completely a good decade plus before the aliens arrive.
Emil does his copies thing a hundred years later.
Suddenly humans! On the moon!

6k years later, the black box system. Which is needed for the YoRHa.
This is the part that bugs me. Why would this make sense to suddenly need this to reinforce a six thousand year old lie?
>>
>>54533156
I meant normal Androids making more normal Androids.

I know humanity made a bunch of Androids to fight the Legion and act as caretakers but it seems really unlikely that those all the Androids living during Automata were created back then. And now I think I remember Yoko Taro confirming that Androids have been making more of themselves.

>>54533174
Androids can apparently modify themselves to have genitals

>>54533190
The lie about humans is not that old. Let me find a timeline.
>>
>>54529683
>>54530962
Does the origin based on Kaine start with a penis?
>>
>>54533243
>The lie about humans is not that old. Let me find a timeline.
The lie the YoRHa have says the humans fled to the moon ~5204, and that the YoRHa were built then. They actually didn't show up until 11939.

This is why I pointed out "Suddenly humans! On the moon!"
It's a 6k year lie told to machine-core androids. The only ones I see benefiting here are the Terminals. That's why I was asking "who actually did this?"
>>
>>54533284
No but you can just pay the gender option change if you really want that.
>>
>>54533287
Gonna blow their minds if a human Jumper shows up. Moreso if Jumper brings along a village/town/city/country full of humans due to property purchases.
>>
>>54533332
We at Not!Umbrella Corporation welcome our new Android employees.
Also, Not!Blackwatch will welcome the addition of employees on our carrier lab.
>>
>>54530962
So... Grimiore Import + the Necronomicon.

This is good.
>>
>>54533376
>Necronomicon
Which one are you going to use?
>>
File: Asterix the Gaul WIP.pdf (373KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Asterix the Gaul WIP.pdf
373KB, 1x1px
Okay, so only two items to go, and the drawbacks.
>>
>>54533376
>Grimiore Import + the Necronomicon
No, no. Do it right. Grimoire origin + Living Library perk + Index perk (from A Certain Magical Index)
Then grab the Necronomicon.

And when asked:
>>54533383
>Which one are you going to use?
You say "yes."
>>
>>54533393
Looking good.
>>
>>54533393
>As a baby
>You can switch it at any time
Don't sneak things in. Change it back.
>>
>>54533393
>Strength in Numbers
What's this based on in series?
>>
>>54533430
Probably the romans
>>
>>54533435
Do the Romans have the perk or anything like it?
>>
>>54533424
...didn't know it was your jump. Or anything I had to 'sneak in' it's a deliberate change, and stays.
>>
>>54533393
So how much of this is made up or exaggerated beyond what the series showed Blackshadow?
>>
>>54533424
>posting an update is now sneaking things in
The perk is fine.
>>
>>54533190
>Why would this make sense to suddenly need this to reinforce a six thousand year old lie?

It's not that old, like 300 years max. A2 was a prototype.

Androids were made to service mankind. If mankind is death they feel as though they have no purpose. It was a morale boost.
>>
>>54533448
Except the whole argument last time over how it was only balanced because it was just one thing? And you've just confirmed you add that one gigantic increase in utility to it while trying to hide that change?
>>
>>54533452
Why don't we let people here decide, shitposter?
>>
>>54533448
At least have the balls to be up front about it BS.
>>
>>54533464
Wasn't aware stating it plain in the text was 'hiding' it. Stop shitposting, show me how it's supposed to be OP.
>>
>>54533452
The permanent magical effect one for anything definitely is. Blackshadow is making it to get certain types of perks.
>>
File: 1484598188145.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484598188145.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>54533305
I think they want to be specifically futanari Val.
>>
>>54533487
You didn't read the comic, did you?
>>
>>54533486
You changed it with no indication of the change despite all the arguments over it being too strong, that were only solved because people pointed out that being limited to a single thing, it fitted the series and made sense.

Now it no longer fits the series. Now all the complaints about it being wanky come back. But you're just going to try and force it through anyway.
>>
>>54533496
Neither did you. Or is the comic version able to change the magical effect that is made permanent at will?

Because I was under the impression it was only the one potion that was permanent.
>>
>>54533487
>not knowing about Obelix
Why are you posting about this jump again?
>>
>>54533505
See >>54533504
There is no problem with the perk working as it does in canon. But he added a line that lets you change it to whatever you want at will. Way beyond canon.
>>
>>54533499
The arguments were that it was too strong if it had a capstone boost too. It doesn't, anymore.
>>
>>54533455
http://nier2.com/timeline.html

4198 - Last of the human race is destroyed
5204 - Humans on the moon counterattack
11928 - Black box developed
11939 - 14th machine war, first of the YoRHa deployed.
>>
>>54533514
Stop lying. I was there. It initially covered the perk being too strong and after the way it worked and was limited to one thing was pointed out, it was reduced to just arguing over the capstone boost.
>>
>>54533510
>>54533514
And yeah, might make it so you can change once per jump. Considering the merits of your words now...
>>
>>54533499
>all the arguments
I just went through the relevant thread, and there were exactly two people who were kinda against it.
>>
>>54533519
There you go
Even less.
>>
>>54533504
>>54533510
>You can only put perks in your jump that work exactly like canon abilities
Looks like we'll have to trash 90% of the jumps on the drive.
>>
>>54533531
It would be highly preferable for it to actually match the setting completely. It's already a powerful effect for the setting as is.
>>
>>54533540
It's certainly frowned upon to add huge upgrades to canon abilities for no reason other then that you want to.
>>
>>54533533
11928 - 5204 = 6724 years
>>
>>54533106
They sound like they all need to be executed.
>>
>>54533287
Okay here how things went. Humanity dies off and then aliens invade. Androids and the alien machines fight each other for thousands of years. The intensity of the fighting isn't constant and over time the invasion efforts by the machines declines. The aliens are killed by their creations several hundred years before the game starts. This is apparently when the Terminals take full control and start using the fighting to advance themselves.

Over the next few hundred years fighting intensifies and Androids start loosing badly. Low moral becomes a huge problem so a Cabal of Androids create the lie about humanity surviving on the moon and create both the Moon Server and YoRHa. Creating YoRHa is apparently used as an excuse as too what the surviving humans were doing this entire time.
>>
File: whit doggo goign REALLY fast.jpg (9KB, 563x302px) Image search: [Google]
whit doggo goign REALLY fast.jpg
9KB, 563x302px
>>54532845
I do a agree with that... and I also have no idea for what else I can give the other origins. If anyone has any ideas for Drop Ins, Documenters, or Cultists I'd like to hear them as well.
>>
Hey digger , two questions
1.Would Blessing of the Gods give me the skills necessary to convert a pair of Level 50 Gashats into a Dual?
2. do these look okay?

Level30-50Gashat:grindhouse gorefest: a dynasty warriors style brawler where the famous monsters of filmland battle endless waves of zombies:gives the power of famous Western film monster mimicry only with large area attacks

Level 99/MAX: beetle's battles: terrain manipulation,I've got a whole thing about it in my build under origins

one of my own: injustice: gods among us: fighting game combos

Level 99/MAX : Mystic Crafter:Avalon Code meets magicka: assembling elements, archetypical items,nouns and verbs into "spells"= 500

Level 100: world of warlords: a medieval themed RTS: summon and control lots and lots of pikemen and or archers.-600

Level 3-5 Gashats: Wizards Towers: think magika without the spell crafting -200 GP

Proto Gashat : Proto-Doctor Danger: a field medic training simulation: direct manipulation of health points -400 GP
>>
>>54533547
>>54533540
>>54533532
>>54533531
To be frank guys, we all know why Blackshadow wants this changeable. He wants a version of Infinity that's not as limited as the actual Infinity perk.
>>
>>54533552
My reading comprehension is fried.

Either way the lie that humanity is still alive is important to the Androids morale.
>>
>>54533547
It's not a huge upgrade to its power, but to its convenience. Otherwise, if you want the perk at least, you'd be encouraged to jump there as late as possible to get the most out of this perk. But by being able to chagne which effect applies to you, you can jump there even if you only have shitty magic or no magic at all, without losing out on anything.

>>54533564
Who the fuck is blackshadow, and why do you think he's making this jump? I don't see a fucking trip.
>>
>>54533393
Why did the shitposter jump so hard on this? Was he sitting there stewing in impotent rage because Val wouldn't reply to him so he just tears into the first thing someone else posts?
>>
>>54533555
Jackass finds about everything shortly after the game ends and vows to destroy the Cabal for treating YoRHa as disposable.

>>54533552
Part of that timeline is written using the "revised" history.
>>
>>54533578
He attacks every (popular) new jump nowadays, though even he ignored obscure stuff like the things Cataquack makes.
>>
>>54533564
To be frank guys, we all know why the shitposter is whining. He wants a mess that's not as limited as what he gets with namefags.
>>
>>54533573
And by making it changeable, you can abuse it to gain the effects of certain potions or rituals and then swap to another later when you've gotten all you need from the first one. That's not a change in convenience, that's a very clear change in utility and a big one. There is a huge difference between 'can make one thing permanent' and 'can make a different thing every ten years permanent'.

Your argument is also looking at it from an outside perspective not from how it works and is balanced in the jump.
>>
>>54533591
>Jackass
Why is he a jackass for it?
>>
>>54533287
>>54533332
Funny thing is that you could also put all that on the moon too, suddenly that 6k year old lie has been true all along.
>>
>>54533573
Not him but

It's Blackshadow111 from SB. Guy mentioned on the other site he was making it but without his name. Don't really know why given it's well known by now that people from both sites watch the other one?

Seems like wasted energy on maker and shitposter behalves.
>>
>>54533556
If humanity had died off, why did the aliens invade? I mean, instead of just going, "Hey, terribly sorry your creators are all gone, do you mind if we live here?" Or was the invasion because the answer was "fuck off" and the aliens said "tough shit, we're going to live here anyway"?
>>
>>54533603
wait, so if this is not clear, when you change the effect you're applying it to you lose the old one.
>>
>>54533612
So the shitposter was watching SB like a hawk and is screaming his name out like a power word as a retarded attack on the jump?
>>
>>54533430
I'd still like an answer to this personally. Why is there a power sharing perk in the roman perkline?
>>
>>54533596
It's just that he's samefagging really hard right now. It feels like he was sitting there filling with salt at not being able to shitpost or something.
>>
>>54533603
Let's look at the other faction capstone then, shall we? Strength in Numbers allows you to share your powers with your army, which is a huge fucking deal. It's basically on the same level as the Gaul capstone. So where's your problem?
>>
>>54533624
Pretty much.
>>
File: 1500839156598.jpg (226KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1500839156598.jpg
226KB, 760x596px
>>54532911
Anyone?
>>
>>54533622
Yes, that's clear. I made my argument with that in mind. Being able to change it, even on a ten year scale, is much better then what it is canonically based on. Remember that is what matters. Not whether it'd be super uber broken but whether it actually is justified for the setting.

There is no reason for this change when it is good enough for a capstone in series as is.
>>
>>54533643
Nobody knows except the jumpmaker.
>>
>>54533638
No seriously what the hell is that perk based on?
>>
>>54533644
You never did answer, shitposter, how this is different from most jumps.
>>
>>54533624
It's been obvious for quite some time that the shitposter is reading the SB thread, considering how often he posts stuff from there. Quite ironic, really: The guy who hates SB the most is an SBer.
>>
Anyway here's a link to the translated part of the concert script that showcases the development of YoRHa

https://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1371.html#cutid1

And here is a link to 50 questions answered by Yoko Taro

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F7KM18848_HHlQFviGCkJbXV1M-5SKm_HnVBTzzYlDg/edit

>>54533606
Jackass is her name.

>>54533614
The aliens just decided to take the world for themselves. They're described to be plant like both in biological function and personality. Probably didn't even recognize the Andriods as people.
>>
>>54533638
Let's look at some of the other capstones then too. Drop In just makes you fit in, Warrior is just letting you find any animal, Wise Man is a single skill learning perk and Leader makes you a fantastic leader.

Don't bother with "But those aren't faction capstones" because none of the origins cost and the capstones are all 600. Do any of those capstones, 4 against 2, seem as good?
>>
>>54533654
Presumably on how the roman legions focus on "muh teamwork" instead of individual power. And to balance it with the Gaul capstone he made it a powe sharing perk. Not too much of a leap, I think, and it encapsulates the roman faction quite nicely.
>>
>>54533654
Based on the romans' whole organization and unity thing, and the need for a counterbalance to As a Baby. No...real trace for it. But then, the Romans are the butt monkey side in the jump. Reflecting that honestly would make Gaul the OTB.
>>
>>54533661
I said most jumps aren't greatly increasing canon power for no stated reason.
>>
>>54533691
Your argument is dishonest, most jumps have perks that are beyond/different from powers in the series and have expanded functionality.
>>
>>54533684
>Don't bother with "But those aren't faction capstones"
I'll bother with that alright. It's obvious that the Faction capstones are simply meant to be better than the Origin ones. Obviously they aren't as good. That ain't a problem.
>>
>>54533687
>>54533690
>Not much of a leap
It has absolutely no basis. It adds an extremely good supernatural power where there is no justification.

And if he did limit As a Baby it would be easier to find a capstone instead for making up one ability completely out of thin air to justify balance with a OC boosted one...when all the other capstones are also unbalanced with these two as well.
>>
>>54533668
Well it's not new, he hates us but he posts far more than anyone else does and devotes his entire life to it.
>>
>>54533707
See >>54533700
>>
>>54533393
Looking forward to it. Don't let the shitposter get to you, just remember that he's a fat NEET and that his arguments never have any merit.
>>
>>54533703
Then the jump has yet more problems because the perks are better for no reason. They don't cost more. The origins to get them discounted don't cost. Buying one of the first four origins capstones undiscounted costs the same as buying the faction capstones undiscounted but one is apparently better then the other.

It is a damn problem. The only way that reason can be used is if you make the faction perks exclusive.

>>54533700
Most jumps do not greatly increase power for no reason. GREATLY anon.
>>
>>54533684
>>54533703
Pretty much this. Origins are balanced against Origins, factions against factions.
>>
>>54533731
Repeating the same word doesn't make it true, shitposter. Again, you keep ignoring that most jumps have perks that are not strictly canon and are added powers/functionality. This is an objectively true statement you ignore in your shitposting.
>>
>>54533750
Still doesn't work. You can say all you like that they;re only balanced against each other but the CP costs do not reflect that.
>>
>>54533731
If nobody likes or agrees with you, why do you continue to insist on trying to throw your 'weight' around and have an emotional crisis over this jump like its 'balance' is all that matters to you in this world?
>>
>>54533762
I've kept telling you that most jumps don't do so to a great extent. Yes many jumps alter or expand things. Most do not do so on this big a level.
>>
>>54533707
The Romans are the losing side literally every time. If he made their capstone canon-complient, it would be shit. Better to exaggerate their strengths, and then offer something reminiscent of that.

>>54533731
>The only way that reason can be used is if you make the faction perks exclusive.
Eh, I wouldn't actually mind that. Might not even be that bad of an idea.
>>
>>54533769
Hey look, your post has absolutely zero arguments or evidence for your point. Great and big, huh? Show some evidence.
>>
>>54533393
Congrats on the shit show this has brought on; we need a cure to autism
>>
File: Kagetora [LEGEND] Suited up.jpg (123KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora [LEGEND] Suited up.jpg
123KB, 600x848px
Don't mind me...

Kamen Rider Neo Heisei Part 4: Ex-Aid Jump 057-l:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
I’m a Legend Rider! [+000]
Goodbye, Me [+000]
Jumper is God [+300]
Time For The Final Battle! [+400]
Wish In The Dark [+600]
Origin: Intern
Perks:
For My Patients [Free]
Genius Gamer ‘J’ (Multitasking) [Free]
Red Eyes [-100]
Mighty Jumpers [-200]
EXCITE [Free]
Blessing of the Gods [-600]
Items:
Game Start [Free]
Voiding the Warranty [-100]
Proto Chronicle Gashat [-600]
Ready To Brave! [-400]

Gashat [1000 GP]
One of My Own! (MMO) [Free]
Level 3-5 [-200]
=
One of My Own! (Craft) [Free]
Level 3-5 [-200]
=
Experimental
Level 100 (Dual MMO + Craft {Kamen Rider Legends}) [-200]
=
Proto Gashat (Quality Assurance) [-400]

Doctor Jumpers [-300]

Mild writefagging: https://pastebin.com/HZdUa2NT
>>
>>54533785
It's not his fault the shitposter >>54533731 was pent up and decided to masturbate all over him.
>>
>>54533768
Because the reasons people are giving are the stupidest things.

>These perks are all balanced against each other even though they cost the same yet some are far more powerful
>This perk is justified because it balances this other perk even though it has zero basis in the setting
>This perk being changed to have much greater power/utility then the canon version is okay even though there is no reason given for the change and it remains a very good capstone worthy thing in setting
>>
>>54533797
I'm not condemning him for this. It was a genuine thumbs up to him for getting this going.
>>
>>54533670
Oh here's the answer to why Eve has the Mark of the Watchers

>He has those markings to imitate humans, based on what’s recorded in humanity’s past information. Adam told him to get those markings, and to Eve, those markings are like a keepsake from his brother, so he tried very hard to keep those markings, but when he goes berserk, he couldn’t maintain the shape of those markings anymore.
>>
>>54533779
In canon, the ability it is based on is permanent. It cannot be changed. The perk makes it able to be changed. Right now it's as many times as you want, whenever you want. He has said he will change it so that it's just once a jump.

Either way it is making something that cannot be changed into something that can be repeatedly changed. Instead of like canon, where you pick one thing and get just that benefit, you can change it up now and then to get the benefits of whatever will be most useful to you in the coming jump.

>>54533775
That is the worst justification for such a massive boost over canon I've heard. If you can't make suitable perks for it, don't do it. Don't just make shit up to justify it. Actually reflect the setting, not just whatever power level you want the setting to be at.
>>
>>54529415
Candle Cove: The Complete Series
A damn good show, but anyone but you and your companions perceive it as static.
>>
>>54533810
As I was the one to post >>54532919 let me just say... CALLED IT!
>>
>>54533822
>That is the worst justification for such a massive boost over canon I've heard. If you can't make suitable perks for it, don't do it. Don't just make shit up to justify it. Actually reflect the setting, not just whatever power level you want the setting to be at.
There are often factions or people in a setting that are simply weaker than other ones. Buffing their stuff for the Jumper so they can actually be competetive isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>54533847
How is it not? How is making up completely OC abilities to justify an OC power level in a jump not bad? Since when has actively misrepresenting the power of a series been okay?
>>
>>54533847
Or a new thing. Just about every jumpmaker faced with making jumps for such settings does it.
>>
>>54533870
That too, of course.
>>
>>54533870
Point out 10 jumps that make up OC abilities on this level of difference between jump and canon. Ones with absolutely no basis in canon too.

If just about every jumpmaker does it, ten out of 800-900 should b easy.
>>
>>54533864
Okay...thought on this, and considering the idea of changing it so only endurance and 'take a beating and go on' perks are shared. Since, y'knowm that's pretty much all the Romans do in setting.
>>
>>54533904
That would be better, especially if their role is often as butt monkeys.

it would also be good if you reduced the other faction capstone so that it matches canon better too.Especially if your justification was that the Roman perk had to be so good to balance the Gaul one out, it only makes sense to lower the Gaul one if you lower the Roman one too.
>>
File: delorean.jpg (48KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
delorean.jpg
48KB, 500x339px
With the gradual acceptance of time travel in Jumpchain, when have you gone on your adventures?
>>
>>54533896
Just because I've got it open atm, here are some perks from Bartimaeus that either didn't exist in the books or got buffed: MakeshiftWeaponry, What’satruename?, Ptolemy’sDisciple, Didyouthinkyouhadamonopolyonresilience?, Gladlydonatedtheiressence...Tostrengthenmine, BreakerofChains, Theidiotmagicianisyourfriend, Sothat’s
what’sinaname, ...
I'm sure I missed a few, and that I could do the same for the majority of the jumps on the drive. I've got better things to do though.
>>
>>54533904
Please ignore him, he's shitposting. If you do that, he'll start screaming at you about OTB and such.
>>
>>54533951
Welp, that formatting got fucked up a bit, but I'm sure it's readable.
>>
>>54533798
If they're only stupid to you, perhaps you're the stupid one?
>>
>>54533951
And how many of those have basis in the setting? I outright said that to you. A perk does not need to be an explicit power within a setting but it does need to have basis. I also said greatly buffed, not just buffed.

So rather then just telling me a list of names, how about you detail them? Because you might as well not have bothered with the level of info you gave.

>>54533968
So all jumps should make up abilities with no presence in setting, at a level far above anything shown in the series, just because the maker feels it should happen?

So if you have one powerful origin with strong perks, instead of finding a way to balance the prices, you should just arbitrarily buff all the other perks to match even if it makes no sense in the setting?

So you shouldn't bother with making perks that cost the same amount give equal levels of power?

Go on, try any of those. Especially the last one.
>>
Can someone please post the new kamen rider?
>>
>>54533987
>So all jumps should make up abilities with no presence in setting,
Most of them do.
>>
Okay, so I need a consensus of some kind. So far it's one guy arguing against, with arguments I can...KINDA get, and seemingly multiple people saying it's alright. Do I change it or not?
>>
>>54533987
Oh fuck off. The permanent-magic thing had a basis in the setting, and it got buffed by the jumpmaker. Big deal. And if you don't know what those perks do, educate yourself. I won't waste my time spoonfeeding a shitposter.

>>54534006
>one guy against it
>everyone is apparently fine with it
I don't know man, this truly is a hard decision.
>>
>>54530962
If I take the Grimoire origin, can I import a book to use as my form?
>>
>>54534006
Look at the arguments, not the popularity.
>>
>>54534006
Not really been following but it's always very difficult to tell who is samefagging so look at the quality of the argument rather than its perceived popularity.
>>
>>54534006
If you can get the arguments...change it? That seems obvious. Why would you not change it just because some people like it even if you understand the reasons for changing?
>>
>>54533987
I still want to know why you insist on staying here when it's clear that nobody likes you and why jump's being 'balanced' in your insane troll logic matters so much to you that you waste hours screeching about it.
>>
>>54534006
If only one person is trying to change it but everyone else disagrees, don't change it.
>>
>>54534033
>>54534042
>>54534047
When I said 'kinda', I meant it. I mean, I see where he's coming from, but I'm not exactly sold.
>>
File: meetingmyself.gif (2MB, 1100x650px) Image search: [Google]
meetingmyself.gif
2MB, 1100x650px
>>54533927
Haven't yet, don't want to either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY-pUxKQMUE
>>
>>54534078
You're the jumpmaker. If you don't agree with his reasoning, and if most people don't agree with him either, then you don't have any reason to listen to him. You're not obligated to accept criticism, not even to get on the drive if it's not widely accepted criticism.
>>
>>54534078
Where aren't you sold? I thought the arguments were pretty solid.
>>
>>54534100
Of course you think your own arguments are solid, moron. You can't judge your own quality/ability objectively.
>>
>>54534113
Why are you even posting? I don't understand what you aim to achieve.
>>
>>54534119
To point out your idiocy.
>>
>>54534124
You live a fulfilled life, huh?
>>
>>54534131
I can easily say the same to the guy who tries to push his opinions against everyone else for hours at a time on an imagination game.
>>
>>54534097
Right. Okay, If there are no other issues than the two faction capstones, then I'll call it a day for now. I'll think it over when I finally have an idea for the remaining warrior items and drawbacks, and make whatever changes are needed before I plop the final draft here.
>>
File: Dont Feed the Trolls.jpg (952KB, 1518x1721px) Image search: [Google]
Dont Feed the Trolls.jpg
952KB, 1518x1721px
Geeze today's a day isn't it.
>>
>>54534150
Like I said, he got pent up from everyone ignoring him so he attacked the first vulnerable target, a new jumpmaker.
>>
>>54534148
At least have reasons for why you made the decisions that aren't "Because I said so" next time. You'd be able to circumvent a lot of what happened if you just said why you did what you did instead of leaving it to be argued.
>>
>>54533557
Hmm. Okay, blue sky idea.
Cryptids have an exclusive powers list. What if the other backgrounds have an exclusive "Recurring Cryptids" List? A bit like the Rogue's Gallery in Batman TAS.

You basically build a cryptid (or cryptids) who will show up in future jumps for you to investigate/deal with/unleash on the world.
You buy the initial attitude (hostile is cheap, indifferent moderately expensive), some powers and/or themes, and some other options like whether it prefers a type of prey, is restricted to certain environments, hard or easy to summon/show up by itself, and its aggression.
Cultists have discounts based towards one big neutral/indifferently benevolent type cryptid.
Drop Ins/Documenters have discounts based towards many small hostile ones.
>>
File: A Very True Quote.jpg (75KB, 620x864px) Image search: [Google]
A Very True Quote.jpg
75KB, 620x864px
>>54534139
> everyone else
And like that you've lost any grip you had man.
>>
>>54534163
This kind of asshurt passive aggressiveness after the conversation has been ended, it doesn't help your image or make people think you're genuine and not bait.
>>
>>54534171
Can you please not lash out against everyone else around you? I'm not that guy okay? Go hassle someone else
>>
>>54534180
>Can you please not lash out against everyone else around you?
The hypocrisy bell is ringing.
>>
File: Memetic or Something.jpg (37KB, 258x278px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic or Something.jpg
37KB, 258x278px
>>54534167
Genius! Going off this a bit you could have the Drop-In have a Foundation-like thing. The Documented have a steady job for a magizine to hunt down Cyrptids from the list. Stuff like that maybe?
>>
>>54534189
And the shitpostee becomes the shitposter. You know what they say about dark abysses.
>>
>>54533927
Do we have Timetravel stuff?
>>
>>54534167
>>54534195
Maybe some sort of Foundation/Organization builder section that's exclusive to non-Cryptids?
>>
>>54534225
Sounds bad ass.
>>
>>54534197
>You know what they say about dark abysses
"Cast him in." - Kain, regarding Raziel.

>>54534225
That would be awesome.
>>
>>54534225
>the 100cp 'bargain bin' option is five kids and a dog in a van who just happen to show up wherever there's a cryptid sighting and insist on getting in your way.
I could live with that.
>>
>>54534006
Never capitulate to shitposters.
>>
>>54533393
I don't have a stake in this, other than liking the Asterix books as a kid. I'm curious, why the capstone Gaul isn't just Obelix's strength? It's quite clearly based on him, and the strength to toss around those big rocks he does is very good in setting, and not requiring jumpers to take the potion still seems useful.

Like you said >>54534006 I can kinda see why they're upset with the Roman capstone too, given it isn't canonical at all. That said, you rightly pointed out that something one hundred percent accurate to the Romans would... probably not be good, given their role as the constant losers in the series.

Maybe it could be something based on what the Romans seek to be? A perk to build empires or develop infrastructure? The Monty Python skit 'What have the Roman's ever done for us' is fairly accurate, and I remember the Gauls being a bit overwhelmed when they went to Rome, given its size and splendor. You could go with a perk that boosts teamwork to incredible levels, or maybe - ooh, a perk based on Caesar himself! Maybe it would let you build an Empire easily, helping you take over all over the place, but there'll always be one little village that resists you, at least for a while. It'd be thematic if nothing else.

Just an anon's two cents, some rambled suggestions and a question about the Gaul capstone. Make of it what you will, and take or leave the suggestions as you wish.

All this kerfuffle aside the jump looks really good, and I thank you for making it. Sorry on behalf of the problem makers here. They've been more active than usual lately.
>>
>>54534163
Like hell you won't attack him over it again at the next opportunity. You clearly don't give a fuck about 'reasons', you just want to argue and harass content creators.
>>
>>54534348
A load of fucking wank. Fuck off, it's fine as it is.
>>
>>54534348
Sorry, didn't see this post >>54534148 until after I posted mine, since I was still typing it.

Do what you think is best, and I look forward to the finished jump!
>>
Isn't it funny that the people arguing for the change or at least being neutral are the ones with basic manners.
>>
>>54534376
Trying to play both sides, huh?
>>
>>54534384
See >>54534387 , your game is obvious.
>>
When making a jumpchain, have you ever had to fanwank something?
>>
So, with Worm, is there anything stopping me from escaping into space?
>>
>>54534414
Simurgh. Scion. Cauldron.
Possibly the Third Entity.
>>
>>54534409
Never!
>>
>>54534414
Depends on how you do it.
>>
>>54534414
No, provided you don't rely on shard-magic to do so. The Entities don't care about individuals, but they would try to stop a mass exodus.

It's worth noting though that there was a WoG, which could possibly be retconned because he wrote it in that smug "I merely strongly implied it" style that he's so fond of, that there are an absolute shit-ton of other entities out in space. Like, we're talking "holy fucking god how have we not already seen these things" numbers. Enough so that, in the vast hugeness of space, it's not odd that the third entity hit our two through random chance.
>>
>>54534478
>It's worth noting though that there was a WoG, which could possibly be retconned because he wrote it in that smug "I merely strongly implied it" style that he's so fond of, that there are an absolute shit-ton of other entities out in space. Like, we're talking "holy fucking god how have we not already seen these things" numbers. Enough so that, in the vast hugeness of space, it's not odd that the third entity hit our two through random chance.
Nah, that's completely canon and also logical if you think about it. They have reproduced for 3000 cycles after all. They also randomly met the third entitity (or not, some believe that it was the shard it give to Eden that caused her to crash and die), which in such a vast universe is pretty much impossible unless there is a fucking huge number of them.
>>
princess jump when
>>
>>54534572
>that's completely canon and also logical if you think about it.
Oh, it does make sense, I won't argue with that. I just want to say that his wording was closer to "well, if you think about it logically" instead of "this is how it is," and since he enjoys trolling I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to change it later.
>>
>>54534572
It's not impossible, merely improbable. In a story, there's nothing wrong with having something improbable happen to make things interesting.
>>
>>54534604
We need more Disney Princess jumps in general.

>Jumper goes to Cinderella
>Jumper uses shapeshifting to fit into the slipper
>"Well, there you go, I'm the girl you met"
>"But... you're 6'4" and have a beard..."
>>
>>54534635
I meant the princess rescue one, but I still agree with you.
>>
Give me a dice roll for beating Scion jump 1 with Perfect Communication Skills, Spanner in the Works, and Best in the Business.
>>
>>54534663
What power do you have or have access to?
>>
>>54534635
You just made me think of a chain that's about one beefy manly gay man going through all the jumps and trying to seduce as many named male characters as he can.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>54534663
>laughs maniacally
>>
>>54534572
Each cycle has them creating millions if not billions of pairs/individuals.
>>
>>54530962

Can we get an option to import armor into the combat lingerie to sexy it up?
>>
>>54534676
Contractor, but that's not the core plan of beating him, PCS is. It probably helps that I'm planning on abusing the fuck out of Contractor for Tinker and Thinker powers though.
>>
>>54534700
Oh yeah. Iirc each of the shards the planetary explosion sends out is a potential entity, and they've got a whole lot of them.
>>
>>54534663
Talking Scion into killing himself is a meme, he's not THAT stupid.

Also, bullying him is liable to get you fuck-you beam'd too, so be ready for that.
>>
>>54534655
Work is slow but it is progressing. Worry not.
>>
>>54534747
>he's not THAT stupid.
He literally is though.
>>
>he's not THAT stupid.
He's actually even dumber.
>>
>>54534721
Oh, sure.
>>
Is Terraria a good starting jump?
>>
>>54531730
just wait for Val to eventually make Black Crusade. You'll get a Demon Primarch option in no time.
>>
File: 1396087854824.png (342KB, 452x402px) Image search: [Google]
1396087854824.png
342KB, 452x402px
>>54534834
Hey, Val, how many jumps are you working on right now and what is the progress on them?
>>
>>54529415
I know I'm in the minority, but I'd like it if the more powerful cryptid abilities were nerfed, or more expensive.
>>
>>54534876
No. No it's not.
>>
>>54534225
THIS.
>>
What sort of book magic is there other than Libriomancer?
>>
>>54534925
That picture makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>54534948
All books are magic anon. Haven't you heard?
>>
>>54534948
I know the new Soul Eater update has a "turn books into people" perk exclusive to one of the races.

Other than that, you might be better off looking for Paper magic as opposed to Book magic.
>>
Are there any jumps that give video games based on you or the events of your jumps?
>>
File: painting of dog and ice cream.png (352KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
painting of dog and ice cream.png
352KB, 600x600px
>>54534925
>mfw no busty poobrained gf
>>
>>54534964

Reading is FUN-demental.
>>
>>54534898
Hmmm. Well, claimed right now...6. Working on as of this exact moment? 2, one being Vampire Cunts and the other is a Secret.

Vampire Counts I almost have all the perks decided and same with items. Drawbacks won't take too long but I do need another two scenario ideas (The first is of course, Drakenhof Castle). Once I get all that it won't take long to write it all up. Only about as big as Nier. Maybe a little smaller.

The secret one....have all my notes collected so I just need to decide what makes it in and then write it up. Quite a short one at only a single origin (With a bunch of stuff, it's like Bloodborne) but I think the theme will be pretty funny to Jumpers specifically.

All my other current projects...I guess I can sum up. Dies Irae is approaching stage 1 completion and I can probably start writing it up in a week or two. Grand Order shouldn't take too long to get pretty far in but I'll try to consult with other anons to get as much as I can from it. Guilty Gear has origins decided and stuff being filled in but it's a ways off from stage 1 being done. Black Butler is the same, origins decided but everything is yet to be filled. Demonbane doesn't evne have origins yet, just a slowly growing list of notes till I get a chance to complete my rewatch.

And that's all my public stuff. I think.
>>
>>54535001
Anyone who willingly associates with jumper is probably poobrained.
>>
>>54535009
There should definitely be a Blood Dragon themed scenario about killing a dragon to drink its blood.
>>
>>54534980
Thanks. Know any good paper magic? Closest I can think of is Konan but that's chakra.
>>
File: 5d8deda93a927de0537a82a5d14ccf90.png (923KB, 1155x2000px) Image search: [Google]
5d8deda93a927de0537a82a5d14ccf90.png
923KB, 1155x2000px
>>54534948
Scholar from FFTA draws magic from tomes.

Then there is Rune Magic the Dwarves know how to use in Forgotten Realms. While you're there you can also pick up the Geometer prestige class, which is focused on runes, glyphs, sigils, and symbols.

There's also the Spell Tomes found in Invader Zim. Of course, you'll have to figure out how to charge them.

Those are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head, but I swear there's a few more.
>>
>>54535009
>Vampire Cunts
Is this a typo or a joke?
>>
>>54535009
>>54534031
>>
>>54535072
Por que no los dos?
>>
>>54535047
Mmm, maybe. Problem is that Blood Dragons are one of the Vampire Sub Origins.

Maybe I can make something work though.

>>54535072
Either or. Whoops
>>
>>54535097
Oh, that. Hum. For 100cp, sure. I'll note that in for the update. Should post the Automata update then too.
>>
File: 1362589028743.jpg (27KB, 365x495px) Image search: [Google]
1362589028743.jpg
27KB, 365x495px
>>54533490
I know I want to be a futanari.
Why is there not a single way to achieve this in any Jump, and yet there's a FURRY option in the goddamned Body Mod?
>>
>>54535123
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>54535072
There once was a vampire named Mabel,
whose periods were highly unstable.
And so every full moon,
and with the help of a spoon,
she would drink herself under the table.
>>
>>54535123
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>54535123
Because you touch yourself, knight.
>>
>>54535123
Because you touch yourself at noon.
>>
>>54535009
>>54535047
>>54535111
Blood Dragons best
>>
File: 1499994225548.jpg (177KB, 716x494px) Image search: [Google]
1499994225548.jpg
177KB, 716x494px
>>54535137
>>54535167
>>54535156
>>54535175
I just want to be pretty AND be able to stick my dick in things! Is that really so terrible?
>>
>>54535123
Because people didn't like your fetish then and they didn't like your fetish now.

Also just buy the fucking other option for Endowed.
>>
>>54535193
yes

Be a good, wholesome trap instead.
>>
>>54535123
I do say good fellow, your current predicament could be due to your nightly predilection of placing your own extremities upon your own corpus.
>>
Angels > Demons

Discuss.
>>
File: 1424733639743.jpg (33KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1424733639743.jpg
33KB, 520x390px
>>54535009
>The secret one
It's an Eiken jump, isn't it?
>>
>>54535211
It's much more fun to fuck virgins then it is to fuck sluts.
>>
>>54535211
Your bait's worse than stale at this point.
>>
>>54535224
t. Satan
>>
>>54535211
Well Red's a shitty demon, so it just goes to show angels are better. You don't associate with that kind of crap.
>>
>>54535193
Anon, you patriot, if you desire something from the bottom of your heart, using the resources presented to you and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. You give yourself a dick through your own power instead of looking somewhere to buy it.
>>
>>54535216
It's a dark series but it's not quite that dark.

...well.

Maybe it is that dark in some parts. It's a pretty nasty series.

Gimme a few days. It shouldn't take long.
>>
>>54535111
Just an idea and it requires a certain amount of legwork but it might be cool to have scenarios roughly based on the bloodlines.

Carsteins do the castle one, Blood Dragons kill a dragon, Lahmians seduce a couple of elector counts, nechrarchs acquire many skeletons, strigoi eat the faces of a couple of elector counts, etc. Wouldn't necessarily have to make them restricted to the bloodline but could serve as a jumping off point.
>>
>>54535195
I'd make more sense to be able to buy Sex Change twice and be able to mix and match.

>>54535238
Dicks aren't like facial hair. You can't grow one through force of will alone.
>>
>>54534948
Story magic or something in Innistrad
>>
>>54535123
shapeshifting yo
>>
>>54535228
>>54535237
>>
>>54535250
Hrmmm. Maybe. Do try to make them fairly open in these Warhammer jumps and also be pretty cool. Not sure if I'd really be able to make cool enough things for each bloodline to have their own AND still support non vampire origins, since Vamps are just one of 4.

I'll start getting ideas down just in case anyway.
>>
>>54535222
In the wise words of the eloquent word smith Bo Burnham.

"Sluts, sluts, I fuck sluts
Sluts get fucked when I fuck sluts
No ifs and’s, and/or buts. I fuck sluts
I fuck sluts

Nice girls are nice but no good for nut-sucking
They'll need a serene night to green-light a butt fucking
But that'll be easy with sleazy old slut fucking
Boo to the nice girls. Praise be to slut fucking!

I have a list. A list? Yes
A list of all the sluts I've missed
I've never fucked or sucked these sluts
And thus my nuts are fucking pissed
So when I fuck the lucky slut my nut removes her from the list
Another dumb cum-bucket struck from my nut sucking
Suck it slut, slut fucking bucket-list"
>>
>>54535258
Bitch you're in Jumpchain, go magic up a dick. Go to Symphogear, I'm pretty sure alchemists genderbent themselves and you could do a partial job.
>>
>>54535285
I didn't post it as bait, I can't really help that the shitpost latched onto it. He does that for everything regardless.
>>
>>54535286
Ah yeah that is a bit excessive if it's not all vamps.
>>
>>54534202
We have an item in Chrono Trigger (or Chrono Cross, can never remember the difference), the Time Plane Destruction Device (TPDD) in Protectors of the plot Continuum, certain applications of the Oversight power from Ciel Nosurge, either the 2nd or 5th True Magic from F/SN.
Pretty sure there are others but can't remember.
>>
>>54535286
>since Vamps are just one of 4.
Huh. There's only one vampire origin in a Vampire Counts jump?

What're the other three?
>>
>>54533927
Time travel is stupid. Using it causes more problems than it solves 99% of the time.
>>
>>54535408
It's Chrono Trigger. Heavens hasn't finished Chrono Cross yet.
>>
>>54535445
Thanks man. I just know that both of these IPs exist and always get them confused for some reason.
>>
>>54533927
Fuck time travel.

That is all.
>>
>>54535465
No problem. It's easy to do, especially considering the name. They're also partially intertwined if you dig into the story hard enough, so it's entirely possible they're the same IP just at different points in time. It's been years since I played Chrono Cross though. Only finished it the once. So much grinding to get the better ending.
>>
How strong is Warcraft necromancy?
>>
>>54534948
Scholar from ffxi has book magic.
>>
>>54535519
Strong enough to raise armies of undead and undead dragons? Their deathknights are also pretty stronk.
>>
>>54535519
Country-ravaging plagues, raising millennia-old dragon bones into undead wyrms, armies upon armies of both natural and artificial (abominations, gargoyles, etc) undead, soul-chilling ice, and lich-hood is among the upper end of Warcraft's necromancy. You looking for any particular example?
>>
As Wild Card was mentioned above, what's Castlevania like as a setting? All I know about it is that a genre defining side scroller has the name
>>
>>54535516
>>54535408
Chrono trigger is time travel, chrono cross is alternate dimension fuckery.
>>
>>54535577
Is there going to be a drawback based on that one plague that "accidentally" got released in the game that made the severs all but unplayable unless you stayed inside the major cities?
>>
>>54535597
It killed inside too.
>>
>>54535597
He's still trying to decide whether he wants to be an attention whore and make 1,500 CP the starting amount rather than sticking to tradition.
>>
>>54535586
You could watch the netflix miniseries for a not particularly representative view of the setting.
>>
>>54535286
>>54535412
Yeah, it honestly doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>54535607
Yeah, that's the one.

>>54535609
I hope he does just to spite you.
>>
>>54535586
tl;dr of it is there's this central bloodline, The Belmont Clan, destined to fight Lord Dracula and his forces of Chaos every time the vampire lord rises and his castle, the titular Castlevania, manifests in the physical realm. Occasionally you have different characters show up, like Alucard or Jonathan Morris, and there are some games where you either have to prevent Dracula's resurrection or do some other thing to prevent shit from going wrong. End result's usually the same - epic final boss fight with Dracula.

Also, the series is RIP because FucKonami, and Lords of Shadow wasn't too well received as an attempted "reboot" of the franchise though I thought it had some good ideas and just... the move to a different genre entirely didn't help in it's favor.

>>54535597
We'll see. I've got a few dozen or so drawbacks right now that might or might not make the final cut.
>>
>>54535700
You and Future Gohan should hang out.
>>
>>54535700
Why do people claim that Dracula is some sort of multiversal god on vsbattles? Isn't conquering the Earth his goal, a goal that's stopped by a dude with a whip?
>>
>>54535752
Because they're idiots. Vsbattles isn't a great benchmark for anything.
>>
>>54535258
I have no desire to be a futanari, but now I want a perk that lets you alter your biology, including growing a dick, through sheer force of will.
>>
>>54535780
Point. I just read up on what they've written about the Dresdenverse

This feels like cross posting
>>
>>54535752
>VSBattles

First off, the fuck are you doing getting your info from VS Battles.

Second off, yes that's his goal, but the source of Dracula's power - being Chaos, the root of all monsters and chaotic creatures - is stated to be a multiversal entity. Coupled with Dracula, in this universe, being the monster who stands against God and is said to have god-like power when drawing fully from his connection to Chaos, on a technicality the statement's true.

Also, you can't just call a Belmont a dude with a whip. The Vampire Killer (their family artifact) is the Kryptonite to Dracula's Superman, pretty much exists to kill this one motherfucker and his minions.
>>
>>54535849
Quick disclaimer:

There've been a few reboots an' shiet, so even my info on Chaos is liable to be outdated.
>>
>>54535849
>First off, the fuck are you doing getting your info from VS Battles.
I don't know. It just popped up

So... what are the waifus like?
>>
So, quick question, why don't people just destroy the objects in the Holder series? Why would anyone bother to collect them if the world ends if they come together?
>>
>>54535577
Will jumpers be capable of those sorts of things?
>>
>>54535918
It's Castlevania. Unless you want a succubus from the castle or a few of the more shapely enemies, there aren't any waifus. It's just two dudes and a leather/chain whip.

Also, I don't recommend trying to woo any of those enemies. I really don't.
>>
File: Shanoa.full.1888484.jpg (302KB, 785x870px) Image search: [Google]
Shanoa.full.1888484.jpg
302KB, 785x870px
>>54535918
There aren't many, if we're bein' honest. If they aren't a kung-fu-demon-maid, succubus, vampire, or other monster in Dracula's castle, then they're often already falling in love with the current Belmont and ensuring the Belmont line continues to survive.

However like I stated, there are some where that isn't the case. Pic related: Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia, which takes part in the early 1800's (starting era 1837 in the jump's rolls).
>>
>>54536004
Sex demons vs Jumper, come on...

>>54536016
Fine, fine. I won't have all that much fun in the Jump. I'll just indiscriminately drop nukes on old European castles and spend my time in Hawaii. Thanks for engaging me in this conversation
>>
>>54536049
No problem, thank you for giving me an excuse to remember my Castlevania stuff.

and then I remember that it's forever in RIP because Konami.
>>
File: Kagetora Female Form.jpg (62KB, 535x691px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Female Form.jpg
62KB, 535x691px
So I need eight choices for my Jumper to start Randomly jumping again.

>>54536016
Agreed Shanoa is a decent and good choice of Waifuing if you /have/ to waifu in Castelvania.

>>54536049
Dude don't do that. Castlevania itself is either a well known location or sealed in a fucking eclipse depending on time period.
>>
>>54536049
>dropping nukes on old European castles

>yfw Castlevania literally just crawls out of a hole in reality and you wasted all those nukes
>>
>>54536143
>We will never have a game set in the Demon castle war
>>
>>54536165
>eight choices for my Jumper
You doing a new chain?

>Dude don't do that. Castlevania itself is either a well known location or sealed in a fucking eclipse depending on time period.
My Jumper is a Cold War American wet dream. I'll take them out.
>>
>>54536215
Nah just can't really decide on anything. Might just be a mood.
>>
>>54536165
>>54536240
Ghost in the Shell
Full Metal Panic
Total War
Legend of Spyro
>>
>>54535920
Story.
>>
>>54536197
>No Julius in his prime surrounded by tanks and soldiers laying siege to the Castle.
>>
Given that there are some time overlaps between the Kamen Rider jumps, how do you fluff the overlaps when you use the continuity drawbacks?
>>
>>54536658
Digger and I have talked about this, actually, and we're thinking of letting you just skip to the next Rider without doing the full ten years once the current jump's 'Rider time' has passed. This is mostly a problem in Heisei and Neo-Heisei, which both of us covered exclusively. It was a pretty common houserule, so I don't see it being much of an issue for those who want to use it?

I'm throwing together a document about this, plus a timeline and explanation for Kamen Rider.
>>
>>54536658

We're actually considering putting out something to address that, not necessarily a hard and fast rule but an idea how to handle it as a doc in the Kamen Rider (especially the neo-heisei) folder
>>
File: Fire Emblem Archanea 0.3.pdf (295KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Archanea 0.3.pdf
295KB, 1x1px
This isn't exactly jumpable but last week an anon asked to see what I had so far.

A lot of the perks/items need elaboration and I want to keep the two scenarios I I have written a secret until I get input on them since I'm not sure with one of them.

There will be a "War Of The First Exalt" scenario though.
>>
File: 1363919986967.jpg (118KB, 432x561px) Image search: [Google]
1363919986967.jpg
118KB, 432x561px
>>54533393
Okay, so, who the fuck really cared about this controversy? It's a nice perk, and not really worth...

>proceeds to remember Morrowind's OP potion system

Oh god
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.