[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is romance among PCs ever a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Harvest moon.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest moon.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
Is romance among PCs ever a good idea?
>>
depends on the setting
>>
>>54510192
no

harvest moon is pretty great tho
>>
It can work, unlike romance among players.
>>
>>54510212
I hope Witch comes back, she's the best wife.
>>
>>54510217
How does it work without fucking everything up, anyway
>>
>>54510204
Also let's take two different common settings into account, standard adventure in a sci-fi or fantasy setting (d&d-style) and realistic horror (coc-style)

I feel like it'd work better in more realistic settings like CoC than in fantasy settings, just because it'd detract from the rest of the game less
>>
>>54510192

Why do you call it romance when it is lust?
>>
>>54511165
I think there's a difference between romance and lust, but I also think you're right in that 90% of what could be called romance among PCs is probably just lust

Where does it cross the line from "okay" to "creepy erp?" Is there even a line to cross?
>>
>>54510192
It tends to happen at least once in every campaign in my group, with mixed results. We have fun with it.
>>
>>54510192
Generally fine to advantageous when the players are romantically involved anyway. For example, it's better if Kalrok the Warrior is a devoted protector of Elvanee the Witch because he loves her, rather than because his player Steve is going out with Elvanee's player Kathy.
>>
>>54511205
I think the difference between romance and list is more nebulous than people think. I've definitely had friends who better deserved my attention, respect, adoration, and love than any woman I've ever loved. If literally the only reason I can find that I love women so much more than my absolute best friends is that they are women, there's questions to be asked about what romance really is.

How different are romance and lust? Is romance just more cerebral lust? Intellectual and emotional lust rather than purely physical?
>>
File: 1380338924044.png (213KB, 830x397px) Image search: [Google]
1380338924044.png
213KB, 830x397px
>>54510192
>be me
>be playing MAID
Sorry, I don't understand your question
>>
>>54512570
MAID a shit
>>
>>54512081
My take is that if you're going to separate them, then Romance applies to all those Absolute Best Friendships. They're kind of platonic romances really.
>>
>>54512802
what did you just say about me you lil shit.scroll
>>
One of my characters ended up in a romance and becoming married to another PC. To be fair, this largely occurred because my character became blind and the other PC was a combination bodyguard/seeing eye PsyWarrior, and they ended up bonding over the course of the campaign (which lasted several in-game years). We eventually found played another game run by the same GM that starred some of our past characters' children, the PsyWarrior's player played our PCs' daughter. It was fun and their stories were organic.
>>
>>54510192
Yes, if it isn't forced. I had a very long campaign (2+ years and also played it with people I know for 5+ years) during which two PCs developed themselves and their relationship. Even DM was on board and gave us a challenge by making an NPC for love triangle. It was really interesting and fun to play.
>>
>>54510192
If it adds to the story, then sure. If it's players flirting through their characters, it's just shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.