[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

d20 modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nevermind-its-too-complex.jpg.png (254KB, 551x498px) Image search: [Google]
nevermind-its-too-complex.jpg.png
254KB, 551x498px
So...

I've been planning to use my newly found free time to host a d20 game over discord.

Now I admit, the last time I ran a game online was about 4 years ago, openRPG was still something that existed and dnd 4 was not considered a general figment of some mad deluded nightmare.

So I do the normal thing and post a "I plan to run a game at such and such time, here's the rules and a general game idea" in a few usual places.

And sure, the subject matter is playing a bunch of kids in Urban Arcana setting that stumbled across the supernatural and got superpowers of perfectly normal d20 modern player characters.

Sort of a Gravity Falls meets BTVS. Not everyone cup of tea, sure but I was still surprised. Once I rule out the pedos who applied?

The general answer seems to be "I like the idea but d20 modern is too complicated, try FATE or something"

What?

Is this... Normal?

For modern gaming I mean.
>>
I mean seriously WTF, since when is d20 complicated?
>>
I recently found D&D 5e homebrew of d20 modern. It's got its flaws but it's a hell of a lot simpler and seemingly more balanced than the original.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Byx44op3KqQ2flhIV1pKSzRIbFBtbjk4T0xOTlNzVi0yTEpRREV4ZnZCNjJWd25GOFR5VW8

Currently trying to rope a few RL friends into trying this.
>>
>>54508831
D20 Modern is probably the worst and lower than trash tier d20 product wotc ever produced, but "complicated" isn't a word I'd attach to it.
>>
>>54508831
All 3.5 shit is "complicated" because most mechanics are shit and there's way too many modifiers.
>>
>>54508831
d20 is not too complicated, but have you seen how simple Fate is?

https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/get-started

You could learn it in a matter of minutes.

In any case, d20 modern players are not quite as common as D&D players, so you might have to wait a bit to attract the group you want.
>>
>>54509078
You're such an adorable little troll.
>>
>>54509117
Not him, but you DnDfags wailing "troll" every time someone says why 3.5 is shit are pretty pathetic. All the affected casual retorts in the world can't hide your butthurt.
>>
>>54509223
If the guys a troll, why should anyone be afraid to call him one?
You think anyone except a troll would make that kind of silly shitpost in this thread just because d20 was mentioned?
Man, you are a riot. Is this your attempt to pretend to be a newfag or some shit? Like you think /tg/ hasn't had this troll problem for a while now?
>>
Oh boy, here we go!
>>
>>54508774
Fuck off namefag. d20 modern sucks, don't use it.
>>
>>54509099
From my experience, the way Fate works makes it actually more difficult for D&D enthusiasts to absorb.

What I mean is, if you get your expectations of TTRPGs from D&D, you might try to categorize Aspects in D&D terms. It doesn't work; Aspects introduce rules and mechanics for things that are normally taken for granted or are given much more specific rules.

I find it fascinating because my TTRPG-fresh group handled the game better than my experienced TTRPG group.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.