[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 81Q9oBG1gAL._SL1500_[1].jpg (439KB, 1183x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81Q9oBG1gAL._SL1500_[1].jpg
439KB, 1183x1500px
Opinions on this? Just got the 2nd Edition Core Rulebook since I heard it was the best version of it.
>>
>>54508104
lotta people hate it. in addition to being just different, it has a lot of cards and tokens. Custom dice and its OOP.

you were right to go with 2e. maybe keep tabs on that upcoming 4th edition in the Fall
>>
>>54508143
>in addition to being just different, it has a lot of cards and tokens

That's the 3rd edition. 2nd edition uses percentile system and no cards.
>>
>>54508196
no shit.
>>
>>54508280
Then why would you mention that if he stated he had 2nd edition. Kind of retarded.
>>
>>54508305
because he posted a picture of 3rd edtiion
>>
>>54508441
This is true, doesn't really matter though.
>>
>>54508588
then don't post a picture of something that isn't what you're asking about
>>
>>54508143
>upcoming 4th edition in the Fall
This was confirmed? Still FFG?
>>
>>54510248
Fantasy flight lost all of their GW licenses. There are no more FF warhammer games
>>
File: 1500593431566.png (2MB, 836x913px) Image search: [Google]
1500593431566.png
2MB, 836x913px
>>54508104
I've heard that 2nd edition's casting system for spells is somewhat flawed, with the way that ccasting numbers and the perils of rolling doubles, triples and quads lead wizards to limit themselves to only two magic dice and then stick with spamming the lower level spells, rather than risk casting the big spells. If this is the case, then what is the consensus about the standard lore of chaos? You have to use dark magic cast its spells, but the spells seem much better than equalent spells from the regular arcane lores.
Could other people please elaborate on this?
>>
>>54513166
This is only true if you're a little sissy who's afraid of your own magic.
>>
>>54508588

It does fucking matter.

He just got the 2nd edition and wants opinions of the 3rd edition.

Stop being an argumentative fuck.
>>
>>54513166

You heard that from cowards and people who Wizard in D&D.

Cast your gigantic fireball, most perils aren't that bad.
>>
>>54508104

I've been GMing WFRPv2 for a while, and it's a decent system. It suffers a little from ageing mechanics when it comes to character progression, especially in light of some of the alterations to the basic system that the 40k lines added.

Another issue is that a lot of the Careers have requirements and gear that don't make any sense when applied to Dwarf and Elf characters, Elven Mages and Dwarven Nobles being notable examples. (Dwarf Nobles using human-made weaponry? Seriously?)

All of that aside, it's a decent, self-contained RPG that avoids common complaints of other systems like caster-supremacy, power-creep etc. Just make sure your players understand that they're playing as dirty hobos and that The Empire is a dark, dirty, insular place that kills characters off quickly. Oh, and make sure you cherry-pick the books you need, rather than trying to use all of them. If you have a wizard use Realms of Sorcery, if you have a priest use Tome of Salvation etc etc.

Have a link
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bbj3h3ewt03pa/WFRPv2
>>
I wanna run an End Times campaign. Any ideas and suggestions?
>>
>>54508104
I like 3e much better, but I'm one of a dozen in this world to think that. I love Warhammer Fantasy RPG (I have a first edition book right above me), but the d100 system of the older edition doesn't do anything for me at all.

>>54513427
>Another issue is that a lot of the Careers have requirements and gear that don't make any sense when applied to Dwarf and Elf characters, Elven Mages and Dwarven Nobles being notable examples. (Dwarf Nobles using human-made weaponry? Seriously?)

I've always been of the opinion elves shouldn't be playable. I recall in 3e that dwarfs had their own bunch of careers that made good sense if you had the dwarf pack.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.