[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 41

File: skeleton-knight-31616-1920x1200.jpg (610KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-knight-31616-1920x1200.jpg
610KB, 1920x1200px
>Unearthed Arcana: Greyhawk Initiative:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread: 54488083
>>
Why did nobody tell me that the DEX Whip Fighter was so good
>>
>>54501202
REEE WHERE'S THE QUESTION
>>
>>54501235
It's fucking not
>>
>>54501440
I'M ANNIHILATING THINGS
>>
>>54501456
You rolled for stats
Tell me I'm wrong
>>
>>54501235
>Whip fighter
It's just a worse strength polearm fighter
>No PWM
>No GWM
>>
>>54501425
OP dropped the ball. You can complain about it, or ask a question. Unless you have no imagination at all, in which case, I'll do it.

THREAD QUESTION
Does your DM require a RP explanation for multiclassing in the middle of a campaign? Do you have to swear an oath, find a patron, etc. in-character?
>>
>>54501583
Point buy.
>>54501672
It's fun as shit though.

Monster Hunter with Martial Adept.
>>
Worldbuilding guides, I need them. There's just so much to think of when trying to create one. Is it better to start with a base setting and alter details as needed to get a unique result? The "One town, One dungeon" method can work, but I feel like I need more of a base.
>>
>>54501706
We usually just come up with in advance with the DM, then rp if it matters
Martial multiclass don't even need anything more than "I GOT SOME SWEET GAINS"
Some classes just work as a base to multiclass from, like sorcerer who learned how to play the drums, or fighter who studied some wizard books
>>
>>54501801
>Martial multiclass don't even need anything more than "I GOT SOME SWEET GAINS"
How so?
Becoming a fighter or a rogue means a LOT of study. Just because no magic is involved doesn't mean it's all intuitive.
Knowing how to use EVERY weapon shouldn't be any easier than learning 1st-level spells.
>>
Running a fantasy noir
Hit me with some ideas for murder investigation /5eg/
>>
>>54501774
People talk of two approaches - "top-down," and "bottom-up."
Top-down means starting with an overall idea of the setting, and slowly filling in details as you narrow your focus.
Bottom-up is basically one town, one dungeon.
I like to mix the two approaches. While coming up with high-level ideas (planar cosmology, which races exist, etc.) I also work on a relatively small (and relatively diverse) chunk of the world. As the players explore the world, I add more details in areas they go to, while also refining my big ideas and slowly using those to generate a large-scale, low-detail map. The map gets filled in as areas become relevant to the plot, but also informs the direction of the plot because it hints at what's available.
>>
>>54501868
>Suddenly learning how to use all weapons
Never thought about that myself, I never really cared that much because if pressed a PC could say "yeah I knew how to but I didn't have a longsword on me" or "I was rusty about it but I trained for half an hour in the shitter and now I'm good to go"
For the other class features I feel it's fine if "I just got strong enough to action surge" is the explanation because it's not really that special in comparison to suddenly having dragon scales, a god/deity/tree sponsering you, or being super angry out of the blue
>>
>>54501869
Any answer you get depends highly on whether anyone in the party has Speak With Dead or not
>>
>>54502210
No speak with dead and only sorcerer as full caster but he is loaded on combat spells only
>>
So..can you True Polymorph into a Dracolich? By that, I of course mean Polymorphing into an Adult Dragon with the Dracolich template.

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>54501706
I make my players RP choosing their class archetype unless it's something lame like champion fighter.
>>
Anyone have the DM Guild PDFs? They were in the old trove but I don't see them in the new one.
>>
>>54501869
Dead man and hooker, man's head was magically fused into the hooker's belly. Only items of interest found at the crime scene were a set of bagpipes, some pitons, and a vial of bulette blood.
>>
>>54502259
>combat spells
>in a murder investigation
>>
>>54501869
You need to have a crusty old police chief chew them out for their incompetence. They have to turn in their badges and swords and their other sword prompting them to investigate on their own.
>>
I'm completely braindead ignorant about image editing software. What should I use to edit my maps?
>>
>>54502473
Paper and pencil. Or if you want to kill yourself, Inkscape
>>
>>54502330
I don't think there's been a DM's Guild trove for a year, Anon. You'll just have to search the pdf share thread. Or make some requests
>>
>>54502297
If its CR is less than or equal to your level, I don't see why not
>>
>>54502486
I have a hand drawn map but unfortunately I need to go digital for what I want to do, which is making a bunch of different versions of the map with cultural, ecological boundaries and so on
>>
>>54502463
Hah you are assuming one of my player is not already 40 years old ex-cop with his own private detective agency and crippling addiction to whiskey
>>54502388
Well that was his choice against my advices
So will be depending on his skills instead of spells
Its not like I wont throw gang angry with their investigation and using force to stop the party
>>
>>54502619
I'm exactly like your buddy except I'm younger and not an ex-cop and I don't have a private detective agency.

>>54502388
No worse than a fighter. Background & skills exist for a reason.
Also, role-playing.
>>
What's the story with the mega anyways? Did anon finally get v& by the roll20 wizard police?
>>
File: hell.png (41KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
hell.png
41KB, 299x289px
I'm kind of dumbfounded on how to properly play a character with a high wisdom score, but completely normal INT.
>How would someone like this think about the world?
>How would they see problems?
>What sort of approaches to problem solving do they take?
>How do they value things?
>>
>>54502723
Literally street smart/ clever.
>>
>>54502806
The problem I have is that it is hard to put myself in that mindset. I do not see myself as a clever person, and it's really difficult to think in a way that is "clever" without being "cutesy"
>>
>>54502723
Imagine a grandpa
He is old and not the smartest out there but have lived for a long time
So when he gives you an advice you listen
Something like that
>>
>>54501235
It isn't shit compared to GWM/PAM Fighter.
>>
>>54502723
They are smart through experience or intuition, not through scholarly study. For example, they would feel what the weather is going to be like but not what causes weather
>>
>>54502719
>finally
It happens every few months. Often because roll20 tokens get posted, I believe.

>>54502723
Think of a stereotypical wise old woman. She always has the best advice, because she has a phenomenal understanding of human behavior ("do you think maybe your brother has been distant because he's jealous of your new job but doesn't want to create tension?").
She's not solving Sudoku puzzles with a pen any time soon, but she's a fucking beast with social interactions of all sorts, and that can easily apply to adventuring situations ("hold on, guys. I think the goblins haven't attacked yet because they're under orders to wait until backup arrives," "this place is too lightly-guarded - probably a trap," etc.).
>>
What are some various materials PC's can use to craft weapons and armor? They want some variations but not necessarily magic items. Ideas so far:
>Standard weapons/armor are Iron or leather.
>Steel and Silver weapons are +1. Some monsters can only be harmed by silver.
>Mithral armor +2 AC. No stealth disadvantage.
>Malachite/Glass weapons +2. Have the "light" property
>Corundum armor +3 AC.
>>
>>54502723
Int: That fire is burning at 600 degrees F.
Wis: Don't stick your hand in fire.

Int: The markings and head shape on this snake indicates that it is highly venomous
Wis: Don't fuck with snakes.

you don't necessarily have to be very intelligent to know that something is a bad idea.
>>
>>54502806
I don't love this answer. Intelligence can easily contribute to street-smarts, if you actually study that (probably by experiencing it) instead of reading books. Intelligence is broader than just academic study.

>>54502911
I prefer the "wise old person" answers, but this reminds me of one of my personal favorite shorthands:
Intelligence: can I?
Wisdom: should I?
>>
>>54502297
>>54502586
Well, I thought so too at first.

It's just the details that get me. Does he suddenly get a phylactery? Maybe that seems like an obvious yes, but that seems like something that should be known before going through with it, and he doesn't know, nor do I.

>Fight a big bad
>Polymorph into Dracolich
>Random gem floats in out of nowhere
>Baddie destroys it
>Bye-Bye PC

I'd like for him to avoid this situation if possible.
>>
>>54502901
> playing skyrim on tabletop
0/10

more helpfully, maybe malachite/glass or mithril don't have the STR requirement to avoid speed penalties when made into heavy armor.

Adamantine armor is statted out in the DMG as preventing you from taking critical hits
>>
>>54503025
>Does he suddenly get a phylactery?
No, and if the polymorphed dracolich dies, the player returns to their original form.
>>
>>54503025
I'd say it's like wishing to become a genie.
>>
>>54503091
Oh. So, even if a Polymorph becomes permanent, you still return to your original form upon death? I did wonder about that.

>>54503096
How so?
>>
>>54502901
That shit is all way too powerful in a game with bounded accuracy, especially if those bonuses stack if you make magic items out of those materials.

Traditionally, adamantine armor grants a little bit of damage reduction (like the kind you get from Heavy Armor Master) and maybe makes you less susceptible to critical hits. Mithral chain shirts are so light and comfy that even a completely untrained halfling can wear them under clothes and not suffer from lack of proficiency. There's also been stuff like ironwood that druids can use to get around their ban on metal armor. Dragon scales let you make scale mail without metal and traditionally grant resistance to the type of energy the dragon breathed.

It's already assumed that standard weapons are steel rather than cast or wrought iron, and there are already rules for silvered weapons - all they do is count as silvered.
>>
I'm playing SKT and my players got some adamantine and were wanting to make weapons from it, but the DMG doesnt have anything on that, and I'm pretty sure back in 3.5 adamantine weapons actually did something, so I basically said it wont really do anything. I feel like this is a cop out since it is worth so much, but I don't want them to think they can all get hyper weapons just because they find adamantine. Any suggestions?
>>
>>54503161
The scene you greentexted reminded me of that scene in Aladdin where Jafar became a genie...and immediately got fucked because he got a genie's lamp as well.
>>
>>54503181
It's an ingredient for a lot of different kinds of magical armor, especially Armor of Invulnerability. Adamantine weapons in 3.X were only good for fighting creatures who specifically had DR that could be bypassed by adamantine, none of which exist in 5e. Just having adamantine weapons count as magic would be enough to bypass almost all monsters' damage resistance, though, so you could just do that.
>>
>>54503161
>So, even if a Polymorph becomes permanent, you still return to your original form upon death?
Yep.

>The transformation lasts for the duration, or until the target drops to 0 hit points or dies. If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled.
It technically never becomes "permanent", you just no longer have to concentrate on it basically.
>>
Unique builds? Doesn't even have to be broken, just interesting and unconventional builds that don't get used a lot. I'm not original enough to make something cool.
>>
>>54501706
IMO an 'RP explanation' from players AND GM's is pretty much the whole point of a role-playing games
>>
>>54503314
Tavern Brawler Fighter/Paladin who smashes things with a shield.
>>
>>54503314
Armored Barbarian. They get light and medium armor proficiencies for some reason, and no one ever seems to use them. If you take the feat that gives heavy armor proficiency, you can even dump DEX and basically be an even tankier fighter that can rage.
>>
>>54503314
The best weird builds are still capable of doing rhe normal thing expected of their class, plus something extra. Like a rogue with the Healer feat and a sackful of healer's kits.
>>
>>54503417
People could argue against it in the ear of 3.PF, because multiclassing was integrated into the rules to the point of being required for a reasonable character, so not allowing anything would be seen as bad DMing.
Since multiclassing is an optional rule in 5e, I agree with you - a DM who DOESN'T require a sensible in-game reason is a bad DM. Too bad there are many players who started with 3.PF and are still stuck with that mentality.

>>54503436
Captain America?
>>
File: read the phb.jpg (65KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
read the phb.jpg
65KB, 600x686px
>>54503474
You can't rage in heavy armor.
>>
>>54503494
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>54503574
Shit, missed that part
>>
>>54503436
It sounds fun as hell. Is it comparable at all in damage to a normal character or will it fall behind in combat?
>>
>>54503574
Just convince the DM to let you have some form of lighter heavy armour that works with rage.

Mithril full plate or something. Boom.
>>
>>54503055
>>54503179
Yes, my group and I are homebrewing our own rules for standard items and crafting.

Bonuses won't go above +3 same as the core rules. And these items do not count as magic.

I forgot about adamantine, and iron wood sounds pretty cool. Thanks
>>
>>54503591
It falls behind feat builds, but otherwise weapon choice doesn't matter all that much, even if it's not a weapon.
As long as you can Action Surge or Smite with a shield, you're probably good.
>>
>>54503591
It's a little GM-Dependent, which might not be a good sign. According to the book, an object that resembles/can be likened to a weapon (A table leg being close to a club) could deal the same amount of damage as that weapon, while an object with "No resemblance to a weapon" deals d4 damage.

I don't really see why it would be a problem, but if you were to convince your GM to let you stat it as a flail, that's [d8+str mod] damage a turn from hitting with that. As a fighter, you could action surge, while paladin can smite. Since you'd probably be going STR, Tavern Brawler lets you attempt to grapple an enemy as a bonus action, leading to more fun.
>>
>>54503608
Does mithirl drop the armor a class like it does in previous additions?
>>
Is it worth it to throw armour on a Barbarian or should I just stack Unarmoured defence?

Character building stage, Level 7/8 when possibly played since my current character has already died once.
>>
>>54503574
>being really angry lets me lift heavier objects more easily and shrug off grievous blows
>UGH this shit is touching me too much and is too heavy for me to get sufficiently angry
>>
>>54503742
Simple: Are you able to generate more AC through unarmored defense or through wearing armor. If no, wear armor. If yes, don't worry about it.

Or just whatever works for you thematically.
>>
>>54503761
its mostly for crunch my dude.
>>
>>54503761
Tell that to the Devs, not us?
>>
Quick question: For the purposes of Tempest Cleric's Destructive Wrath Channel Divinity, the DM isn't required to tell me whether or not a creature fails a save, yeah? So I can't wait to know whether or not my targets failed or saved to max my damage?
>>
File: 1496105991268.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1496105991268.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>>54503474
>They get light and medium armor proficiencies for some reason, and no one ever seems to use them.

What kind of barbarians, pre level 20, have more AC unarmored than in half plate?
>>
>>54502723
>>54502806
>>54502862
>>54502875
>>54502894
>>54502911

All incorrect. 5e did away with "Intelligence is for knowing X; Wisdom is for knowing that X is a [good/bad] idea."

Investigation is the skill you use to piece together clues into useful and sensible information, and Investigation is based on Intelligence.
Illusions go up against Intelligence (Investigation), not Wisdom.

Even the Dungeon Master's Guide says:
>INTELLIGENCE CHECK VS. WISDOM CHECK
>If you have trouble deciding whether to call for an Intelligence or a Wisdom check to determine whether a character notices something, think of it in terms of what a very high or low score in those two abilities might mean.

>A character with a high Wisdom but low Intelligence is aware of the surroundings but is bad at interpreting what things mean. The character might spot that one section of a wall is clean and dusty compared to the others, but he or she wouldn't necessarily make the deduction that a secret door is there.

>In contrast, a character with high Intelligence and low Wisdom is probably oblivious but clever. The character might not spot the clean section of wall but, if asked about it, could immediately deduce why it's clean.

>Wisdom checks allow characters to perceive what is around them (the wall is clean here), while Intelligence checks answer why things are that way (there's probably a secret door).

Is this 5e's way of trying to make Intelligence more useful, since Wisdom matters for more saving throws and includes Perception?
>>
>>54503806
>teehee I rolled for my stats and got two 17s and an 18 so my V. Human starts with 18 Str, 18 Dex, and 18 Con, and somehow also two feats
This is how every theorycrafted build and discussion about class power or abilities goes here. You don't even want to see the Monk discussions.
>>
>>54503474
I now have this urge to make an Acolyte background Zealot Barbarian who wanders the county side in light robes with his trusty walking stick and (extremely heavy) religious tome.

Super nice, super amiable, pretty happy go lucky, but when push comes to shove (or he feels slighted / his god has been slighted) he will absolutely beat the shit out of you with the 'book of [god]'.

Maybe Tavern Brawler feat to let him use it as an improvised weapon a bit better?

>Have you heard the good word.
>>
Anons? Hopefully a simple question: if I wanted to use the rules for creating totem spirits for the Totem Warrior Barbarian in the SCAG, what powers might a Hyena Totem grant across the levels?

Also, I got a thread up where I'm doing 5e conversions of older races, and I could really use anons who know their balance to help me figure out how to keep everything from being too over/underpowered.

>>54487817
>>
>>54503806
Theoretically someone could decide to make it optimized, or lean heavily on shields (or bracers of shielding) if you're playing a game where it's not that big of a deal.

But something about that just seems ... A bit off. Maybe I'm just too used to the theorycrafting thing, and assuming that DM's will throw dangerous situations at the PC's. I know my DM is a bit .. Wonky on that.
>>
>>54503474
>>54503806
>>54503856
None of it matters anyway. All you need to do to be a nearly-unkillable barbarian is to use a shield and not attack recklessly all the time.
>>
>>54503947
I played a whip-and-shield Sentinel Desert Herald Barb who was fucking nutso.
>>
>>54503929
I would be tempted to give them a version of the Gnoll rampage trait.

>Rampage: When the gnoll reduces a creature to 0 hit points with a melee Attack on its turn, the gnoll can take a Bonus Action to move up to half its speed and make a bite Attack.

Maybe less "make a bite attack" (though that would be hilarious), and make it maybe make a grapple, or simply can bonus action to move? Will compete with rage / shield master.

>>54503947
Been playing a Barbarian in my games, and fuck do I have to say I really wish the DM would throw some encounters at us that actually use bludgeoning/piercing/slashing damage. Went wolf totem for character reasons (plus party is pretty heavily melee), and I'm seriously regretting it (which is also partly because the party plays pretty fucking fast and lose with the rules).
>>
>>54503836
Anon, everyone knows a character's ability to understand clues depends 99% on how smart the player is.
That said, I choose to ignore the quoted section. Limiting wisdom to nothing but perception (while still having it apply to most mental saving throws) is pure idiocy.
>>
>>54503314
Barbarogue (Bear Totem Barbarian 3-5 / Rogue X), shield and rapier, or two shortswords, or just rapier and a free hand for grappling. You can use STR to attack with Finesse weapons and thus apply Reckless Attack and Sneak Attack. Not as much damage as a classic GWM Barbarian until 11+ but brings much more utility and eventually does catch up.

Palalock (Paladin X / Tome Warlock 3). Quarterstaff and shield (QS works with PAM for 3 attacks per round), grabs Shillelagh from Tome (along with two other useful cantrips like Guidance), gets Eldritch Blast and Agonizing blast for a ranged option, and so you're full CHA-based for synergies. Very strong.

Nature Cleric 1 / Monk X. Also fucks around with Shillelagh, bump up that Wisdom, can wear armor and shield which helps with low AC in the early levels. Can stay like this the whole way and fully embrace monk's stun baton nature, or can eventually transition into a normal monk once unarmored defense, to-hit and damage are decent.

Life Cleric 1 / Lore Bard. Armor proficiencies, extra cantrips, buff to heal spells. Shines when Bard hits 6 and can nab Aura of Vitality off the Paladin's list. Strongest heal. Cleric in general is a good dip for full casters looking for armor and shield prof without losing spell slots.

Paladin (2 or 6) / Draconic Sorcerer X. Now this is how you gish. Quickening Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade lets you attack twice per round without need for Extra Attack. Quicken and Twin and you can attack 3 times, all valid for Smite as they're weapon attacks. Lots of spell slots for said smites. At-will flight if you make it to sorc 14.

Paladin (2 or 6) / (Valor) Bard X. Kinda like the above but no metamagic. Valor Bard if only 2 levels of Paladin, else Lore. Can do the Shillelagh thing like Warlock but it takes longer to come online.

Fighter 1 / Fiend Warlock X. This is how you do Bladelock. CON and armor proficiencies, grab a greatsword, STR>CHA>CON. Learn to love Armor of Agathys.
>>
>>54504039
Its not 'just perception'. I would say it is anything intuitive; while intelligence is deductive. You can have a crazy high INT, but if someone has a solid story (or no reason for you to think otherwise), you're not going to get a sense that they're lying. Meanwhile the high WIS character is going 'they're full of shit'.

I feel like it's pretty easy for people to fall into the trap of 'WIS is just perception, INT is what really matters', but there should be a lot more focus given to it.
>>
>>54503307
Thanks a bunch for the clarification!
>>
File: wO1OsDX.jpg (75KB, 670x677px) Image search: [Google]
wO1OsDX.jpg
75KB, 670x677px
>other PCs all suddenly pursuing romantic subplots with NPCs
>tfw my cleric is bound by sacred vows that include chastity
>>
>>54504211
Pursue your own subplot. Start making plans to build the biggest temple ever seen. Look for suitable land and get support. They can have kids, you can have a huge building.
>>
>>54504211
>yfw all the PCs' waifus get kidnapped and held for ransom
>>
>>54504211
This is your cleric's god, I command thee to sterilize thy party members for the good of the realm, your quest is in danger otherwise.
>>
File: IMG_2369.jpg (215KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2369.jpg
215KB, 750x1334px
Can someone explain to me the difference between a cleric and a paladin (assuming they worship the same generic god of light and justice)?

Better yet, a cleric/fighter and a paladin?
>>
>>54504481
Cleric's role in society is to preach, paladin's is to protect.
The real question is why the fuck cleric is a WIS class and lock is a CHA, and not the other way round.
>>
>>54502375
I sense there's a punchline to be had here, but I can't quite dig it up.
>>
Okay /tg/ I need some help.

I'm wanting to run a seafaring campaign. It's something my roommate brought up, and the idea has caught hold of me.

I mentioned it to some other guys I'm trying to get in the DnD group he and I are forming, though, and one of them wasn't super eager about it.

So what's a good adventure hook/player motivation I could use to get these guys going on the high seas?
>>
>>54504611
Gotta find the One Piece.
>>
>>54504611
* PCs stumble across clues to some fabled lost treasure
* PCs are hired to lay claim to some uncharted islands for Gods and Country
* A peaceful island nation has been blockaded by a coalition of merchants' guilds. You are to board the flagship to investigate and negotiate a peaceful solution, but all isn't as it seems...
>>
>>54501706
As a DM I require a valid RP reason for most decisions the players make, especially multiclassing. If someone wants to go Barbarian/Fighter or Fighter/Rogue for buckets of damage, or Paladin/Bard or Paladin/Warlock for spell slots, they're going to get a different response from me than the Bear Totem Barbarian who wants to be a Moon Druid so he can BECOME the bear.
>>
>>54501202
I don't really use the CR system as I can usually gauge what my players can handle.

However this is my first time running higher level play. Can 3-4 level 8 characters defeat a Planetar? I am aware it would be a deadly challenge but would it be fair or would it be equivalent to just throwing a tarrasque at them in that they can't beat it?
>>
>>54504481
Mechanically, clerics are full casters with an emphasis on support, paladins are hybrids with an emphasis on burst damage.

In fluff, paladins are warriors of justice and righteousness who destroy evil. Clerics are priests and holy men who perform the work of their religion.
>>
>>54504481
Clerics are battlepriests powered by devotion to a divinity or the concept of one.

Paladins are leaders powered by devotion to tenets of an oath and force of will,
>>
File: 20663_1188187200.jpg (119KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
20663_1188187200.jpg
119KB, 1000x561px
Assertion: Fighting with a maul should feel radically different than fighting with a flail, or a sword and shield, or warhammer etc. etc.

And yet functionally they are the same. You get the same amount of attacks with each, roll to hit, roll dmg dice. One of the reasons combat is so atrociously boring in this game (especially for martial classes) is that the details of the character dont really matter when it comes down to it. Sure a good DM can add flavor but in the end It's all just rolling dice in a tray.

I'm starting a new campaign for my friends soon. What mechanical changes to 5e combat can we make each weapon and fighting style feel truly unique?
>>
>>54504748
That thing gonna 1 shot them one by one.
>>
>>54503307
>The transformation lasts for the duration, or until the target drops to 0 hit points or dies. If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled.

Duration A: Spell lasts for 1 hour, or until the target drops to 0 hp or dies
Duration B: Spell lasts until dispelled
The spell normally has Duration A. If you concentrate on the spell for the full duration (1 hour), replace Duration A with Duration B.

If Duration B was only intended to replace the 1-hour part of Duration A, the 'until the target drops to 0hp/dies' clause would have been in a separate sentence ('The target also returns to its normal form if it drops to 0 hp, or if it dies').

If you make True Polymorph permanent, the target doesn't revert to normal at 0hp or death, as that clause has been superseded by 'lasts until dispelled'.
>>
>>54504537
No, that's completely wrong. Clerics are originally based on crusaders (says so in the old PHBs).

>>54504761
>>54504775
Closer.

>>54504481
Clerics are holy warriors who are empowered by whatever force they serve (usually a deity). Their main objective is to advance or protect their god's/religion's tenets in the world.
Paladins are a separate beast altogether. They are warriors so devoted to an ideal or set of ideals that their faith manifests as supernatural powers. They don't even have to be religious, and if they are, their religion is second to their driving ideal.
The difference can be illustrated with the following scenario:
>The grand priest of the religion comes out and proclaims that the deity changed his mind about a particular tenet of the faith
>The clerics of the deity adjust their teachings and actions
>The paladins switch deities
>>
I've been playing a land druid and while it's great I've been getting really irritated at the spell concentration rules.

Would a homebrewed rule allowing for maintaining 2 concentration spells be completely overpowered if you must make saving throws for both spells at disadvantage at the start of each round to maintain them?
>>
>>54505093
>Would a homebrewed rule allowing for maintaining 2 concentration spells be completely overpowered
Stop trying to get around concentration, it's there for a fucking reason
>>
>>54504973
That would be true if the spell said
>The transformation lasts for the duration, or until the target drops to 0 hit points or dies. If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the duration becomes until dispelled.

Instead, it says

The specific repetition of 'the transformation lasts' means that clause B (the transformatin lasts until it is dispelled) replaces the other conditions of when the transformation lasts until (for the duration, or until the target drops to 0 hit points or dies). The duration never changes, it's always 1 hour. The effects, and ways of reversing it, change depending on whether the caster maintains their concentration for the full duration.
>>
>>54504833
Use the Feats for Weapons UA

>>54505093
Concentration was specifically changed because of clerics and druids stacking buffs. I'd avoid messing with it.
>>
>>54505140

That reason is people bitched about martials being less fun than casters in previous editions so they had to make casters less fun to match
>>
>>54505197
>waaaaah I can't be a god at level 5 waaaaaah
>>
>>54505238

>I want the game to be devoid of all combos and spell interactions so everyone can be reduced to "spam your best move every turn" just like my fighter"
>>
File: 1466756624480.jpg (221KB, 759x894px) Image search: [Google]
1466756624480.jpg
221KB, 759x894px
Need a name for a group of Not!Witchers
>>
>>54505197
>>54505238
Both of you stop it before it gets out of hand. We don't need another martials vs casters thread.
>>
File: 1498765340620.png (356KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
1498765340620.png
356KB, 800x447px
>>54504907
So the clerics get their ideals from the deity and live by their dogmas and the paladin has his own set of rules and ideals and chooses to represent a god that will help them fulfill their goals?
>>
>>54505281
Wizarders
>>
>>54505276
>devoid of all combos and spell interactions
If you're a braindead retard
>>
>>54505281
Warlockers
>>
>>54505281
Witch hunters
>>
>>54505281
Sorcererers.
>>
>>54505311

I didn't say the game is there yet. Not for lack of martials crying though.
>>
>>54505281
Rangers
>>
So I think I just accidentally downloaded the Tal'Dorei campaign setting.
I was looking for information on it because it sounded cool. One of the search results was a pdf. I thought, "Ooh, a preview!"
...No. It's the full 144-page document.
>>
>>54501706
Answer to the question: yes or you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>54505276
Your combos and spell interactions come from working with other players. You know, teamwork. Not just one guy doing everything himself.
>>
>>54505292
More or less.
Clerics serve a deity first and the deity's ideals second. Sometimes, depending on the cleric, they might even deviate from them momentarily for the greater good.
THE GREATER GOOD
Paladins serve their set of ideals first and their deities maybe. They don't need, nor do they necessarily receive, help from gods. If they choose to believe in a god, it's because the god's ideals align with what they already believe, and if they choose to serve a god, it's on the condition that the service won't interfere with their ideals.
>>
>>54505339
Wait, their copy protection is so poor that some random bumbling scrub can accidentally download it straight from Google?

Sounds about right
>>
>>54505276
10C10<10C1
>>
File: AsIf.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AsIf.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>54505325
This has my vote, hands-down.

>>54505352
A party of all casters with cool combos between their spells would be pretty neat.
>>
File: paladin.png (2MB, 795x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.png
2MB, 795x1080px
>>54505292
Paladins are about destroying evil. Gods and religions come second, if at all.
>>
>>54505361
Hey, who you calling random?

But yes, apparently so. It's kinda neat though. Good art too.
>>
>>54505281
You better be using the Monster Hunter archetype
>>
>>54505276
A caster still has plenty of options. Wizards, in particular, will still make everyone else in the party look like bad jokes at high levels, are still the best "utility" class by leaps and bounds, and are competent support at worst. If you want casters to warp reality under the sheer weight of their cheese you can still play PF
>>
>>54505392

Aren't there Paladin oaths which aren't all that down on evil?
>>
>>54505417
Nothing that's been published yet. Unless you count the Oathbreaker but that's explicitly for fallen paladins.
>>
File: 20170724_141924.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_141924.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Cover art
>>
>>54505417
Originally, paladins were literally about upholding Lawful Good.
Over the years (and editions), the definition relaxed a bit, to the point that they just need to uphold SOMETHING.
So far, everything official has been not-really-evil (although to be honest Vengeance can easily become evil without violating its tenets, as can Crown). But there's really no reason for it to stay that way. Evil paladins are definitely going to happen, and not just fallen ones - and that's fine. It fits what the character archetype has become.
>>
File: 20170724_142136.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_142136.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Half-elf and half-orc
>>
>>54505417
Vengeance is less about evil and more about racism.

Ancients is just about happiness

Devotion is chivalry.

Crown and Conquest is lawfulness.

Oathbreaker and Treachery aren't really oaths.

Redemption is shit.

There isn't really anything about going against evil, but the nature of harnessing divine magic makes paladins better served to fight fiends, undead and evil creatures.
>>
>>54505339
Why are you not putting up a copy?
>>
>>54505478
>>54505499
Why not post the pdf, anon?
Someone might like it enough to actually buy a copy out of a desire to support the author. :^)
>>
>>54505409
>A caster still has plenty of options.

see >>54505326
>>
>>54505478
>>54505499
>>54505509
I don't mean to be rude but the alternate trove already has this.
>>
Tellme about your traveling merchants or roadside trading posts. What do they offer?
fishing for ideas for my Mystara campaign
>>
Any advice for playing a warlock and a GOO warlock in particular?
>>
>>54505538
Tentacles
>>
>>54505398
Was planning on using the Blood Hunter class by Mercer. Seems pretty cool, but my group is aware it may require nerfing depending on how it plays out.
>>
File: pathetic koichi.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic koichi.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
>>54505478
>>54505499
>phone photos of your screen of a product that was already shared last week
>>
>>54505550
Yes, there will be tentacles. But that comes later.
>>
>>54505538
Give your DM something to work with as far as roleplaying. Decide what your pact means in terms of obligations you have to observe, and make it something more meaningful than nothing at all. Even if you don't want your character to literally make a deal with someone, make your character have to do certain things to avoid drawing the patron's attention.
>>
>>54505538
Fill the hole in peoples hearts.
>>
> Clerics worship deities, and those deities grant them power both as a reward and so that they can better continue their work.
> Paladins gain power through sheer devotion to concepts. Their strength of belief in certain concepts empowers them and gives them a goal to work towards.

In a world where alignments are tangible things, it doesn't seem too odd that Paladins gain their powers just because they believe strongly in one ideology. Some probably gain magical blessings from gods just by virtue of following similar goals, even if the Paladin does not explicitly worship a specific deity, but not every Paladin does.
>>
>>54504611
I'm running a somewhat similar campaign. I started by having my pcs piss off the local lord and get exiled from their coastal town/island.
>>
>>54505562
>>54505528
>>54505509
Anon is actually Matt Mercer trying to create hype for his product and not realizing we already have an illegal copy.
>>
>>54505339
The gazetteer is nice, at the least.

>>54505535
>Mystara
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>54503288
Golems still mention adamantine weapons in 5e.
>>54503307
Dispelled is a thing because dispel magic is a thing. Ending at 0 hp is not "dispelled". Once it's permanent, you'll die if you are killed. (For>>54504192)
>>54504973
>When you concentrate for the full hour, THE DURATION becomes "until dispelled"
If you concentrate for the whole DURATION, the transformation lasts until dispelled. It doesn't change the duration. It can't, because you've already concentrated for the whole duration.
>>54504748
>Can 3-4 level 8 characters defeat a Planetar? I am aware it would be a deadly challenge but would it be fair or would it be equivalent to just throwing a tarrasque at them
I feel like at least the Tarrasque has weaknesses in not flying or having ranged attacks. It's also something that looks obviously "you should run" dangerous. The Planetar might be more deadly in practice.
>>
>>54505530
So what's your point? Why do you ask for feedback if you're just going to bitch about the martialfag conspiracy dethroning muh wizards from their rightful demigodhood?
>>
>>54505534
What, really? Sweet, now I don't have to feel guilty!
It's actually quite nice, everyone should go snag it.
>>
File: Pyrrhic Victory.jpg (215KB, 565x678px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhic Victory.jpg
215KB, 565x678px
You guys wanna hear about my first 5e character? He was a 150 year old Eldritch Knight. Oh, and also he was a skeleton.

His name was Dave, and the GM said I couldn't let anyone in my group know I was a skeleton.
>>
>>54505640
I want more
>>
>>54505197
I think you mean subhuman filth complained about martials encroaching on caster territory and being fun, so they had to take martial die away.
>>
>>54504907
>Clerics are originally based on crusaders except for those parts where they mostly wore leather and could only use a stick and not even a sharp one
>>
File: 152px-Flavio.jpg (15KB, 152x250px) Image search: [Google]
152px-Flavio.jpg
15KB, 152x250px
>>54504611
Bored idiot fop of a merchant gets it in his head that he's an adventurer, hires the party and a bunch of hapless sailors.
>>54505618
Yeah it'll be an effort but I want my players to experience the classic flavor, like getting someone who's never had beef stew to enjoy it.
>>
Does anyone else get a sort of weird red flag from groups with more than one "unusual" race in them?

Like, even within the core rulebook I tend to cringe when there's more than one dragonborn or tiefling prop up in the book, but something just feels viscerally wrong when the party has more than one thing out of Volo's guide traveling around with them
>>
>>54505093
>Would a homebrewed rule allowing for maintaining 2 concentration spells be completely overpowered if you must make saving throws for both spells at disadvantage at the start of each round to maintain them?

It would be OP. People would find ways to take those saves with advantage instead, and then use something like Lucky to get super advantage +.

Just play 3.PF. It's much closer to what you want.
>>
>>54505685
>fop and TTYD
Fuckin noice. I love the word fop
>>
>>54504907
>(says so in the old PHBs).
Oldnd also had dog kobolds, and?
>>
Does anyone have links to any really good homebrew/unofficial adventures for 5e rules? I have all the official campaign books in one way or another, but I'm having trouble hunting down anything good outside the official Wizards stuff (and even some of that is hit or miss.)
>>
>>54505720
Plus
>BASED
not a on
>>
>>54505694
Wouldnt wierd misfit monster people want to travel with other wierd misfit monster people?
>>
>>54504907
>>54505292
Do Clerics need to serve a deity? Can there be a Taoist or Buddhist style Cleric that focuses less on worship of a specific entity and more on creating harmony in one's life?
>>
>>54505694
I don't if it's only PHB races. If they also have exotic classes and backstories on top of that then it might get weird.
>>
So I want to create a DM's guide type of thing for a setting I'm making

Any tips? Do I include plot stuff in the same place that I talk about the place itself? Another section?
>>
>>54505623

I didn't ask for any feedback nigger, someone said "concentration is there for a reason" and I elaborated on what that reason is. It's a shackle put on casters because they couldn't be bothered to make martials interesting. It doesn't completely ruin casting, but it's a step in that direction.
>>
>>54505776
Before you start unloading any details, locations, history of characters, have an elevator pitch before everything. A DM reading at a glance should grasp the tone, plot, and gravity of the setting with that lone section.
>>
>>54505753
You just perfectly described a monk.
>>
>>54505679
You're, quite simply, wrong on this issue.
Clerics in AD&D were proficient with all armor, and could use all non-sharp weapons, including maces and hammers.
Also, they are explicitly stated to be crusader-based.

>>54505753
Most editions state somewhere that clerics can serve an ideal or a philosophy rather than a deity. So yes.
>>
>>54505694
I don't get a red flag, but I kind of get where you're coming from. I like my all-human settings though, so I admit I'm bias. Having a little more normalcy helps keep things grounded, whether it's having a couple of humans in the group or making sure you have at least one non-magical class in there, and I prefer that. I think what happens when people see a demon or dragony race they get too caught up in how cool it is that they forget to just make a character that's fleshed out and interesting. Not saying every tiefling or dragonborn character is bad, far from it, but the excitement some players get (notably newer players) tends to distract them from making a character with much more to them than that.

Then there's the issue of fitting every race into a setting which I always find difficult to do in a way that's interesting, and leads to situations where players just play races they like rather than ones that are appropriate to the setting and scenario. I get that people like these things, but in campaign set in a human nation of racial supremacists for example you'd think a few more people would play humans rather than being determined to make it two tieflings, a tabaxi, and three triton.
>>
>>54505753
I think the idea has been toyed with somewhere, but ultimately the class is meant to follow a deity. You'd need to refluff a lot of things, like the whole Divine Intervention feature and that spell which allows you to ask your god questions (which thematically bothers me anyways)
>>
File: images(2).jpg (15KB, 322x156px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
15KB, 322x156px
>>54503906
Be sure to call them heretics while you brain them.
>>
File: laughing animes.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
laughing animes.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>54505793
Let's all look at this butthurt motherfucker whose Caster Editions toys got taken away and laugh.
>>
>>54505793
Oh, so you're not >>54505093
, you're just a run-of-the-mill retard. Carry on then
>>
>>54505793
i think concentration is important like when cammy the whammy tranny my custom 5e monster i homebrewed in the 5eg discord hits you with your haste and you lose it it is game over as it eats your scrotum
>>
File: forces.png (2MB, 774x1076px) Image search: [Google]
forces.png
2MB, 774x1076px
>>54505753
This is covered in the (quite good) section on religions in the DMG.

I'm not sure how Divine Intevention would work in that case, however.
>>
>>54505708
And that's the best part, fops always make the best combination of arrogant fools and sniveling cowards, and they're great for setting up adventure hooks
>eats a cursed pepper, starts breathing fire involuntarily
>crash on an island of tribal natives, they want to worship him as a god (and possibly eat him after tying him up over a fire
>fop's dad promises his son's hand to a lady of a wealthy port town, fop only has a hard on for adventure
>>
>>54505841
>>54505850

>Game has a certain number of options
>New Game has fewer options
>defending this

I'm the retard, sure.
>>
>>54505905
>I'm the retard, sure.
Glad you've come to understand this.
>>
>>54505931

It's not a case of not having enough time to add content over the years, though, it's a case of actively having less.
>>
>>54505855
I wish Cammy would eat my scrotum
>>
>>54505825
>Having a little more normalcy helps keep things grounded
I like the same party compositions as you, but I take the opposite view as to why - having a little more normalcy makes the abnormal more exciting.

Also, I wish people only picked weird races because they were special and cool. Half the time, if not more, it's because of their special features.

>>54505954
I got that right after hitting "post," so I deleted the comment like a coward.
I still maintain that no edition should set minimum standards for all future editions, especially when the edition made objective mistakes and wasn't perfect. When 6e comes out, I won't demand that it do everything 5e did and then some.
>>
>>54505931
Oh, that's an aspect too. By the very nature of making the group more grounded, weirder things in the world seem more interesting. I don't often find people wanting to play races for their features, or at least not in the sense of wanting to play them because their features are *useful*. A lot of people see dragonborn, see they can breathe fire, and are then sold, even though their breath weapon is a little useless at anything other than very early levels. People like the gimmicky stuff, clearly.
>>
Besides the DMG's advice, are there any good resources for creating a monster? Wanting to create a few things and the tried and true "Just refluff something else" isn't gonna work.
>>
>>54505971
yes you and at least fifteen other desperate losers in the 5eg chat you hover around it just because it shaves its mustache and tries to talk in a falsetto voice sometimes
>>
>>54505647
125 years ago, a petty thief and local historian named Dave committed his third strike by stealing from the tip jar at the village tavern and the peaceful town of Sadaal Suud hanged Dave and buried him in an unmarked grave.

Over a century later, Dave awakens in his grave feeling very light and unable to blink. In his grave is a golden crown and a gem encrusted ring.

Sadaal Suud lay in ruins. Abandoned for decades. Seeing his grim reflection in a river, he realizes he must hide his affliction from the world or be attacked on sight.

Wearing the ring in sunlight casts disguise self on him and makes him appear human, but at sunset, he must cover himself in a robe.
>>
>>54505997
>not wanting to fuck Homu instead
Why do you have such shit taste, anon?
>>
>>54505976
> When 6e comes out, I won't demand that it do everything 5e did and then some.
I mean, this is the benefit of a new edition, isn't it? If they wanted to just flesh the game out with new content then they'd do that. A whole new edition is a chance to go back to old rules and change things, even build the game new from the ground up if needed, and make changes to the game that updates and erratas can't.
>>
>>54506017
id fuck homu and have that little eggplant squealing before cammy finishes off your little corn nuts
>>
>>54505707
>People would find ways to take those saves with advantage instead, and then use something like Lucky to get super advantage +.
Technically, you can never have advantage on a roll if you already have disadvantage, because they cancel out regardless of how many sources are giving you either. However, Lucky alone can turn disadvantage into advantage++, because when you roll the Lucky die, you get to choose between all three rolled.
>>
Does Faerifire work on incorporeal?
DM is arguing the invisible ghost we're fighting isn't affected because its incorporeal so the FF wouldn't stick to it and just go through it.
>>
>>54506044
There's no such rule, it's just the DM wanting to fuck you over.
>>
File: The-Weirdo-Card.png (170KB, 349x437px) Image search: [Google]
The-Weirdo-Card.png
170KB, 349x437px
>>54505694
I feel the same way, mostly because those sorts of races tend to get used as a way to be "unique". Thing is, you can't have an entire group of the Odd One Out. If you want to play an unusual race, tacitly you also want the rest of the group to play normal races to make your decision to play a weirdo more meaningful. Same deal if you want to play the one rebel, or the one evil guy, or the strongest guy, or the smartest guy, or whatever.

Gnome Stew wrote an article about that exact thing. Personally, I hate "snowflake" as an insult and I think most people don't realise that Tyler Durden wasn't supposed to be the Good Guy any more than he was a simple Bad Guy, but I do like the idea of a snowflake card that says one player gets to be the odd one out and everyone else has to fit in.

That said, I'd also be completely happy to say that, for instance, Goliaths are just ordinary folk and Elves are a weird exotic race that no one ever sees. If that worked better for the campaign I was running, I'd do that. Of course, if the player who wants to play a Goliath picked that race because they wanted to be unique, then I'd be undermining them as much as the guys playing the Half-Elf-Orc-Dragon Ninja and Drizzt would be.
>>
>>54505281
The Hunt.
>>
>>54505837
>filename(2)
>>
File: 1496550368610.gif (1011KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1496550368610.gif
1011KB, 350x272px
>make a cool barbarian of a small tribe in the outlands
>DM says he can't speak common because he's not from the civilized world
>think that's bullshit at first but then become really interested in the roleplaying possibilities
>choose to speak an obscure, hard to pronounce language only spoken by nomadic traders
>another PC used to be a traveling merchant and speaks my language
>has to translate for me 24/7
>get really excited for the first game
>"so, what's your name, anon?"
>tell translator my name is Grugmar
>"he says his name is Pussy Willow"
>play the next four sessions as Pussy Willow the 6'6 300lb barbarian

I'm just waiting for Pussy Willow to realize so I can murder the other PC
>>
>>54504481
Depends On The Settingâ„¢.

We pretty much play it as a strictly mechanical difference, like Fighter vs. Ranger. The class doesn't directly correlate to their function within the church; it's just that Paladins tend to be jocks and Clerics tend to be nerds.
>>
>>54505905
>game is a total clusterfuck
>new game is not
>attacking this

Yep, you're the retard.
>>
>>54506141
>I am Groot
But seriously, that translator's player is a shitstain.
>>
>>54506008
This is great. How did you roleplay him?
>>
File: Ashur-BAS.jpg (2MB, 1400x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Ashur-BAS.jpg
2MB, 1400x2044px
>>54506141
>I'm just waiting for Pussy Willow to realize so I can murder the other PC
Don't be so sure anon
>>
>>54506044
Your DM is the kind of shithead who has one single idea of how he wants your party to solve a problem, then when you find a different solution he didn't plan for he tries to jew you out of it by making up bullshit "rules" that he refuses to source in the books
>>
Anyone else wanna go for a jog, work up a sweat, and then rub their sweaty balls on Lyn's face?

Also, Paladins are pretty cool.
>>
>>54506239
a 5eger named c0re already did that and got pretty mad when lyn pulled out balls bigger than his
>>
File: 1392427993642.jpg (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1392427993642.jpg
91KB, 256x256px
>>54506141
>mfw i plan on making separate human languages for different kingdoms/region cause I believe language and it's barriers can help put some flavor into a story even among fellow party adventurers
>>
>>54506202
As a skeleton, my background was Magic Fluke. I was (apparently) brought to life accidentally via a magic ritual meant to do something else. Due to that, I had mage hand as a cantrip. Eldritch Knight felt like the natural class to play.

My goals were to figure out what the crown was for. Where the crown and ring came from, who brought me back to unlife. And why.
>>
>>54506325
Did the other players ever find out?
Did you finish your quests with the crown and ring?
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 350x272px
>>54506141
>we kill a horde of bandits
>I'm cleaning my blade while we sit around in a circle and our rogue loots corpses
>"they were weak. I hope soon to find a warrior worth our steel"
>"what was that Pussy Willow?"
>"he says he pissed himself and he almost started crying when they attacked us."

>we're in a tavern
>everyone sits at the bar and the bartender approaches us
>"what'll it be, boys?"
>"two ales, one wine"
>"i would like your strongest drink, wench"
>"what did he say?"
>"he says he wants milk because alcohol upsets his stomach"

>passing through a brothel, looking for a contact who loves women
>the girls jump on Grogmar because of his physique
>"get off me, whores. I need not the attention of the opposite sex."
>"he says his dick is really, really tiny and he doesn't want to pull it out because everyone laughs when they see it."
>>
Are players supposed to make charisma rolls against each other or is my dm retarded?
The warlock in my party persuaded the paladin to let us keep stolen property that we reclaimed from bandits.
>>
>>54506277
c0re is the guy that had a group disband because his kid threw shit at them during a session right?
>>
>>54506325

What I want to is, what racial staistics did you use for your character?
>>
>>54506361
>Are players supposed to make charisma rolls against each other or is my dm retarded?
No and yes, respectively
>>
>>54506361
That's bullshit.
Player characters roleplay with each other for interaction. Don't complain to the DM though. If he's stupid enough to allow that then he's stupid enough to fuck you over for questioning him.
>>
>>54506361
Retard alert, change your DM asap.
>>
>>54506357
Unfortunately, I stopped playing with that group after four sessions. I can give you some highlights.

>We were captured by a Lord who had a gladiatorial arena who forced serfs to fight to the death in.
>His balcony seat where he watched commoners die was right above the gates he kept the monsters in.
>He opened the cages and some feral high level monsters came out, chained so they couldn't attack yet.
>While gloating and giving a speech, he stood up from his seat and stood at the edge of the balcony.
>I cast mage hand, grabbed his collar, and pulled.
>Monsters ate him. Remaining serfs watched in satisfaction.

Convinced the guards that he fell. Ruined the GM's plans for the session.
>>
>>54506361

Persuaded how? Did he literally roll persuasion, or did he lie? And in general to the thread, how do you handle lies where the players know you're lying but the characters don't?
>>
>>54506494
Fuckin baller
>>
>>54506363
sounds right but i dont remember that
>>
>>54506361
Between two players, the DM is the referee but their input is not required. Don't look at the DM and ask, 'can he tell me what to do?' Look at the rogue and say 'You can't tell me what to do.' If you want to be convinced by die rolls, fine. But it's not a rule. It's not even commonly a suggestion.
>>
>>54506532

Yeah, this is how we do it. You can roll persuasion on a PC in our games but the player sets the DC at whatever they want.
>>
>>54506496
>>54506496
He rolled persuasion with the idea of "We're the heroes here and we need to be rewarded for stopping these bandits"
His roll amounted to 26, and our paladin is a lawful good devotion paladin
>>
>>54506558

Did the DM tell the paladin he has to be persuaded on a 26 though, or did the paladin player decide that was good?
>>
Does Word of Recall work across planes? RAW makes it seem like you can literally be anywhere in the multiverse and still go back to wherever your sanctuary is
>>
>>54506581
He acknowledged that the 26 made it tempting but he still thought accepting the offer would be completely out of character. The dm intervened and said his character accepted with the condition that he would donate his share of the loot to his church.
More importantly, would that count as breaking his oath? We ended the session on that so there haven't been any repercussions yet.
>>
>>54506635
Even if it doesn't specify, it's a 6th-level spell, so I would go with yes just by that aspect
>>
>>54506663
seems dumb to me but it could be the case that the DM sensed a fight coming and acted to move the plot along.

>that warlock "Its 100% in my character to steal these goods!"
>that paladin "its 100% in my character to prevent you from stealing these goods!"
>DM intervenes to stop brawl from happening
>>
>>54506494
>We were in a small town. I was with a half orc, a wizard, and a dwarf who was bound to his battle-axe, which caused him to go berserk at bad times.
>While in the local shop, the dwarf starts breaking shit because they don't have a tailor-made helmet he never ordered.
>Shopkeep threatens to call guards.
>I botch an intimidation roll while taking my ring off.
>Shopkeep punches me in the face and runs out to get the guards.
>Dwarf starts robbing the place. I join in.
>We run to the tavern with the guards on our heels.
>I take off all my clothes, convince the wizard to cast burning hands in my general direction, take off my ring, and go limp.

My party goes to jail, I go to the morgue where I can break out more easily.
>>
File: 1216107306749.jpg (29KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
1216107306749.jpg
29KB, 306x400px
>>54506741
>>that paladin
>>
Where do Celestials actually come from? Is it Celestia, or Elysium?
>>
>>54506793
its possible that a paladin could be that guy if this was an evil / amoral campaign with a party of chaotic evils
in that case the DM should set some ground rules to let the chaotic evils have fun while also allowing the paladin to be lawful good (ish) by donating to the local church
>>
>>54506819
They can come from pretty much any of the upper planes

captcha calle calle
>>
File: outerplanes.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
outerplanes.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>54506819
any of the upper planes
>>
>>54506793
>"Paladin, we need to take these goods because we deserve them!"
>"How about you take my foot up your ass?"
>>
>>54506850
The party is mostly good. We have our lawful good paladin, lawful evil warlock, neutral good fighter, lawful neutral sorcerer, and not to be "that guy" but I'm the chaotic neutral rogue
>>
>>54506905
Saving this character concept.
>>
>>54506961
>mostly good
>40% good, 40% neutral, 20% evil
>>
>>54506983
The party is more good than evil is the point I'm trying to get across. My character and the sorcerer lean toward good anyway
>>
>>54506494
Unless you're an arcane trickster the mage hand isn't invisible...
>>
What's the max damage that a level 3 character can do without help?
>>
>>54506221
Atleast I'm not the rogue of the group.
They ruled you can only sneak attack once per combat, and that's if its the first round and the enemy was surprised or they were hidden because "Any time after that they know the rogue is there."
>>
File: 1386429088026.png (814KB, 848x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1386429088026.png
814KB, 848x1299px
>when you're trying to figure out how draconic would sound in your campaign so you pour over how different languages or even ancient language phrases and hear them on learning youtube channels and decide Caesar's Latin sounds the best.

This is honestly more interesting than it has any right to be, fleshing this out.
>>
File: DrinkThePainAway.jpg (179KB, 630x868px) Image search: [Google]
DrinkThePainAway.jpg
179KB, 630x868px
>>54507055
>being this bad at DMing
>>
>doing 36d4 damage in combat
My DM got over his preference for physically rolling die real fast
>>
>>54507051
V.Human Fighter 2/War Cleric 1

16 strength and GWM, strike with greatsword 3 times with each strike doing 20 average damage. Total is 60 damage
>>
>>54507055
wow that rouge got cucked. wizards even specifically says not to mess with sneak attack:

>Rogues rely chiefly on two features for both the class’s feel and its strength in combat: Sneak Attack and Cunning Action. These are fundamental to the rogue, and Uncanny Dodge at 5th level is almost their equal in importance to the class. Leave these features as is, unless you have a powerful reason for changing anything.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/modifying-classes
>>
>>54507063
Foreign languages and linguistics is actually really fun to dive into
>>
>>54507055
>sneak attack once per combat
Did your dm get mad when his vanilla beastmaster got outshined by the swashbuckler last campaign? I can't even think of a way to mechanically justify such a ridiculous nerf
>>
>>54507094
What does 36d4 damage?
>>
>>54507055

That's the fucking Assassin ability, not Sneak Attack. How can your group fuck up that hard?
>>
I'm looking at the Ranger in the PHB and UA18, and I'm not noticing any changes.

Did they actually change the Ranger at all?
>>
>>54506983
Neutral leans good generally to be fair
>>
>>54507033
It wasn't. But magic wasn't all that common in the province where this happened.
>>
File: hk47.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hk47.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>54504833
Proposal: Use the following. Give it to enemies as well.

https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/Third%20party/Kobold%20Press/Beyond%20Damage%20Dice.pdf
>>
>>54507055
>crippling the rouge
Jesus sneak attack is how they participate in combat
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 613x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 613x586px
>>54507122
Grappling is objectively the most fun way to do combat
>>
>>54507102

except you'll miss 2 out of 3 with your straight d20 attack rolls.
>>
>>54507246
yes, look closer
>>
>>54507349
Working toward something like this but man it's gonna be a while, Fighter 1.
>>
>>54507246
Do you have difficulty reading?

- Favored Enemy is significantly changed (UA gives broader choices and +2 damage)
- Natural Explorer is no longer restricted to a favored terrain, UA also gets to ignore difficult terrain, advantage on initiative, and advantage on attacks against creatures that haven't moved yet
- UA Primeval Awareness adds an ability to innately communicate with beasts in a limited capacity
- Primeval Awareness no longer costs a spell slot and is more accurate, giving the direction, distance, and numbers of your favored enemies in the radius
- Greater Favored Enemy makes UA Favored Enemy even better, increasing damage to +4 and giving advantage on saving throws against them
- Level 8 ability is completely different
- Hide in Plain Sight takes one turn instead of one minute

And that's just the base class features. The archetypes are also significantly different.
>>
>>54507349
Then play a tabaxi and double your movement on the turn you drag them, so 72d4.

Also be careful about posting spike growth, there's an autist here that gets extremely triggered by it.
>>
>>54504833
/tg/ Complaints Department. Have you tried not playing D&D?
>>
>>54507349
Druid or Nature Cleric for access to spike growth?

Also what exactly is the optimal build for this? Fighter 2/Monk 2/Druid or Cleric 3 is mandatory, but which class(es) do you invest into past this point?
>>
>>54507500
Yes, I do have difficulty reading. Thank you for the synopsis.
>>
>>54507291
Do these maneuvers cost anything that I'm not seeing or are they just a straight buff to melee weapons?
>>
>>54501754
Kinda late to ask this but can you give me a rundown of the build? What level are you and how does a typical encounter go? What level does the build come online?

Also, can you add Paladin lvls at some point for Belmont action?
>>
>>54507691
it's basically a straight buff to anyone who's proficient by giving them more options. Note that most of them require your entire action to use, and some of the ones that do things like reduce AC don't deal any damage.

A couple are admittedly a little too good, like trick shot for archery, esp if combined with things like sneak attack (although you'd have to be hidden to pull it off to negate disadvantage).
>>
>>54507600
Keep going fighter for extra attacks/BM die/EK so you can be huge.
>>
Does Battlemaster really out-DPR all other martials?
>>
>>54507773
Yes but only because of broken-ass feats

If you play without feats other martials can be just as viable
>>
File: 1490124860046.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1490124860046.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>54507349
Holy shit more. I need to know more ways to break the game like this. I cannot stop laughing.
>>
>>54507773
Fighters in general tend to out DPR due to action surge and feat abundance.
Adding rage damage or sneak attack die are nice and all, but that ain't beating a crossbow master sharp shooter action surging 5th level fighter doing 5d6+65
>>
>>54504748
Planetar is MEGA fast, and can turn invisible. It also hits for somewhere around 80 damage a turn. Be very wary.
>>
File: 1470629104172.png (169KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1470629104172.png
169KB, 400x302px
What are some fun uses for Time Stop outside of a few walls or delayed damage spells?
I've always loved Time Stop abilities.
>>
>>54507773
Oathbreaker is the highest on DPR.
It also happens to be likely the best for burst.
>>
>>54507914
throw knives
unfreeze time
knives hits enemy
>>
>>54507919
What?
Are you counting on having undead minions to make such a bold claim?
>>
>>54507527
Why would someone be triggered by spike growth?
>>
>>54507349
I don't think this works without you taking damage. Mobile only stops you from suffering the movement reduction, not the other effects of that terrain.
>>
Hot Boxin

Time Stop
Forcecage
Grease
Incendiary Cloud
>>
>>54508170
meant for
>>54507914
>>
File: 1483354794591.jpg (179KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483354794591.jpg
179KB, 960x960px
>>54508028
How exactly would this work? Obviously I want to do it because pic related but isn't it a tad questionable, rule wise?
Is it entirely down to the DM whether or not it's allowed? It doesn't state that thrown objects freeze in place when they leave your hand, and it seems generally accepted that spells like magic missile wouldn't freeze in time stop.

>>54508170
Unless I'm mistaken, the moment the grease appears each creature standing in it has to make a roll. They're affected and therefore time stop would end before you got to use Incendiary Cloud.
>>
>>54508218
Damn, you're right on Grease.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 575x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 575x685px
>>54507860
I've had quite a lot of fun with this one
>>
>>54508278
I'm surprised that this combo can be done as early as level 8 (Monk 5/Fighter 3)
>>
>>54508155
Pay close attention - the maneuver calls for dragging them along the edge of the spike growth without entering it yourself. Mobile is only for the speed increase.
>>
>>54504537
>The real question is why the fuck cleric is a WIS class and lock is a CHA

>implying Cleric's aren't well-read and educated holy men

Paladin's are literally just knights with a cross on their shield that won't shut their mouths about the good they do in the world.
>>
Name some apocalyptic events. You know, Mind Flayer Invasion, Magical Explosion, "Any healing done ever is now reversed". That kind of of thing.
>>
>>54508413
That Guy gets a Wish scroll
>>
>>54508413
Every sapient being in the world receives a Deck Of Many Things from an asshole genie
>>
>>54508218
>How exactly would this work?
It doesn't
>>
>>54508364
Ah! Cheeky I like it.
>>
>>54508413
2 bros who turned each other into their phylactery when they became liches are tired of people assuming they're gay, wage war on humanity.
>>
>>54508413
All deities are forced onto the material plane
>>
>>54506148

When the closest you get to gaming is jacking off to player options, you need a lot of player options to jack off to.
>>
>>54508407

well read and educated is INT; WIS is more like intuition and awareness
>>
>>54508413
Every living being on the plane is suddenly forced to switch to their exact opposite alignment. If true neutral, roll to decide.
>>
>>54508481
>well read and educated is INT
But anon, what if all I've read throughout my life is philosophical and religious texts?
>>
>>54508413
Underdark denizens get swapped with their equivalents on the top
>>
>>54508511
>implying being religious doesn't lower your INT
>>
>>54508541
w e w
>>
>>54508541
when Gods and the very nature of good and evil are objectively fact its not
>>
>>54508511
>Reading philosophical and religious texts
>Not INT
?
>>
>>54505874
>>54505685
>>54504631
>>54504703
>>54505588
These are out of order, but thanks for the ideas, guys! I really like the idea of the guy wanting to go off on adventure, and offering enough money/share of the treasure to the party to entice them along. Also like the idea of helping a small island that's being blockaded. Might have that be one of the adventures the fop drags them on. We'll see.

Anybody else got any ideas for adventure hooks for a seafaring adventure?
>>
>>54508564
Are you stupid, anon?
>>
>>54508413
Figured as much.
I'll find some way to make it work.
>>
>>54508031
No, but it is counting
>Rolled stats.
>>
>>54508576
A pirate captain hires the party to help her find a buried treasure vault. After they've made a lot of progress, said captain maroons them on an island depending on the tone, so that they could make off with the treasure themselves, or because they didn't trust the party and were going to bring them their share/rescue them. Of course the party has to escape the island and catch up.
>>
>>54508576
/tg/ gonna crucify me for this but PCs can be swimming races only, Triton, Merfolk, Lizardfolk, Water Genasi.
>>
>>54507717
Being perfectly honest I'm only level 3 but I'm having more fun with this than I did a Samurai. I'm VHuman Monster Hunter Fighter with the Martial Adept feat and Trip and Riposte Attack, with Dueling style.

I'm probably gushing simply because I've been getting a lot of lucky rolls with them and slaughtering nearly everything immediately thus far. In combat it's as simple as if you think you missed something by just one or so you burn a thing for the built-in precision attack, if you hit you nail them with the innate damage-improving sup. die from MH or the Trip Attack, and always burn a die if you crit.
If you wanted to I'd say you certainly could but personally, I'm just considering 3 in to Rogue for the sake of an extra 2d6 a turn with it instead of the smites. Admittedly the way I built this guy he gas 8 CHA so you'd have to fudge with it a bit. I'm by no means an expert in this.
>>
>>54508581

The Religion skill in the game is INT
>>
>>54508669
And? You know those aren't locked down to a certain ability, right?
>>
>>54508413
Archwizard starts Gateing around handing out free baby Tarrasques.
>>
What level is your party at?
Do you use exp?
Do you prefer your party to stay at the same level or can everyone be everywhere?
>>
>>54508669
That's what proficiency is for, anon
>>
>>54508679
Do you have an explanation as to why gaining knowledge isn't INT?
>>
>>54508696
>What level is your party at?
3 since its full of newbies but I have another group coming up on Sundays
>Do you use exp?
My groups don't and we usually can't be assed with tracking exp
>Do you prefer your party to stay at the same level or can everyone be everywhere?
Mostly since no one one wants to feel left out, but in other editions this changes for me
>>
After a 14-hour day followed by being called into work early, today is my day off. But I am a masochist and need something to do anyway.
Give me something to homebrew - preferably an archetype - and I'll post it in the next thread.
>>
>>54508654
The only guy who is a confirmed player wants to do a Lizardfolk, which I'm looking to allow. If the rest are regular land-based but are fine with being seafarers I won't mind.

>>54508647
I'm not wanting to have them start already on an ocean, and the way one of my potential players was talking, he would want motivation to be on a boat at all. I might try to go with this but it doesn't seem like a very long-lived option.
>>
>>54508696
Yes, but only as a marker. I am not strict on xp. I'm about to give the party enough to level up once they turn in this quest
I keep my party at the same level. It makes encounter building easier and keeps it so people don't feel weak
>>
>>54508703
Because reading philosophy and religion is also literally gaining wisdom

Also see >>54508700
>>
>>54508662
Samurai at level 3 is by far the best subclass that's for sure.
>>
>>54508734
Jackie Chan-Style monk, who can fight with improvised weapons and do stunts.
>>
lmao @ the triggered cunt bitching about my confusion with ASI in the other thread

Not my fault they decided to name a mechanic that goes up every other level the same as another mechanic that only happens at level 1. Don't confuse a legitimate question made by someone who never played D&D and someone trying to cheat.
>>
>>54508744
>reading philosophy and religious texts makes you more aware of your surroundings
Hmmm
>>
>>54508669
Which is fun, because every cleric has religion proficiency, but not every cleric has high INT. So different clerics have different skill levels in religion. Awesome.
>>
>>54508782
>reading philosophy and religious texts makes you better at figuring out how traps work
Hmmm
>>
>>54508696
>What Level is your party at?
9-7 We have been playing for about a year and a half.
>Do you use exp?
No, I did originally, but I hated it and shifted to Milestones and when the plot demanded it.
>Do you prefer your party to stay at the same level or can everyone be everywhere?
I prefer them to be on the same page, but at the same time, I don't want them abusing that and not showing up for sessions.

This gets a little muddled when characters die as I bring them back one level lower than the highest leveled person in the party. Still trying to figure out a better solution.
>>
>>54508795
>every cleric has religion proficiency

you don't have to. I made one without it.
>>
>>54508776
>continues to screech about being retarded several threads later
>>
File: 1493003466484.png (49KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
1493003466484.png
49KB, 444x287px
>>54508819
I'm not the one pissy about a newbie question, in fact, it's whoever posts several threads later about such question.
>>
>>54508804
>reading a biology textbook makes you better at disarming traps
Hmmm
>>
>>54508031
>>54508637
It doesn't even require rolled stats.

At level 12, your attacks do 1d10(6.3 average)+9+1d8 or 1d4(3 average)+9+1d8 damage each and you can make up to four of them with PAM. Of course, the reaction attack %age isn't 100% so it's slightly less than that, but a maximized champion fighter (which is better for DPR than battlemaster) also relies on PAM somewhat, though slightly less.

Fighter does +5 to each hit instead of +9+1d8. Go figure.
>>
>>54508851
So we agree now that the link between ability scores and skills is too abstract for what we're discussing?
>>
>>54508765
At-will advantage is strong as fuck I don't deny, but it is nice being able to do something other than "I ATTACK"
>>
PHB: archetypes that by and large have features addressing the combat, exploration, and interaction pillars.

UA: archetypes with nothing but combat features.

I get that UA is thought up quickly and is subject to further balancing, but seriously? At least keep to the basic design philosophy of your own game.
>>
>>54508871

No, because you got cause and effect backward. Reading religious texts doesn't make you better at finding traps.

Having high IQ makes you better at reading religious texts and also makes you better at finding traps.
>>
>>54508882
But that's exactly what monster hunter is
>>
>>54508929
I didn't get anything backwards. I said that reading religious texts increase your Wisdom, and you countered by sarcastically saying how that would make you more perceptive as well. So I countered by saying that if reading religious texts increased your intelligence, that means doing so would make you better at disarming traps because investigation is an INT skill. They're both absurd implications because the system is too abstract.

>Reading religious texts doesn't make you better at finding traps.
Exactly my point, because I'm saying reading philosophy and religion would increase your Wisdom, not your Int.
>>
>>54508943
Martial Adept feat. I'm biased this time,
sorry

And they can use their built-in Precision attack by default more often than the Samurai can summon advantage, technically
Though in all likelihood I suppose once extra attacks start to get involved the Samurai would outscale them pretty hard in that regard
>>
>>54508978
>I said that reading religious texts increase your Wisdom, and you countered by sarcastically saying how that would make you more perceptive as well.

Wrong, that wasn't me.

> I'm saying reading philosophy and religion would increase your Wisdom, not your Int

Anyway, your cause and effect relationship is backward.

Stats like INT and WIS represent your character's general ability. Proficiency represents special training in a particular skill. "Having read a bunch of philosophy and religion" is represented by the proficiency bonus part of the Religion skill, not the INT bonus part. "Having read a bunch of philosophy and religion" only affects your Religion skill, not your Investigation skill. You can't read enough philosophy or religion to become proficient in Investigation. "Having read a bunch of philosophy and religion" doesn't increase your INT or your WIS at all. And lastly, your ability to read and understand philosophy and religion is governed by INT.
>>
>>54508772
I don't love the idea, because you can basically already do it with the Tavern Brawler feat and maybe the UA Drunken Master archetype.
>>
>>54509096
The original discussion was in the context of explaining why a Cleric would have high wisdom, and I stated that a lifetime of reading philosophical and religious texts would contribute to your character having a high Wisdom score.
>>
Which concept sounds better for a necromancer in an evil adventure?

>Tiefling businessman looking to start a guild that functions as both a bank and a cult, seeking profits and investment opportunities to amass power.

>Goblin who, after watching his wizard overlord long enough to teach himself magic, decided he was tired of being a minion and sets out to be his own boss.
>>
>>54509157
>>Goblin who, after watching his wizard overlord long enough to teach himself magic, decided he was tired of being a minion and sets out to be his own boss.

This one
>>
New thread

>>54509175
>>54509175
>>54509175
>>54509175
>>
>>54509140

That's not what wisdom is, though. But still, your cause and effect is backward. It would be more accurate to say people with high wisdom become clerics than people who become clerics gain high wisdom.

The answer is literally in the game.The religion skill, which represents your knowledge oh philosophy and religion, is increased by INT.
>>
>>54509188
>That's not what wisdom is, though
Congrats, you're retarded
>>
I am leading a 6 man squad, not including myself, of an extremely zealous religious order in a human nation. The order is mostly magic based and I am chosen to lead this squad of regular fighters for political reasons. Other players are in the same nation (or elves in the woods), but in a regular army, not a religious one.

Anyways, what should I make my 6 squad members? It can be any mix of magic and regular classes.
3 paladins, 1 cleric, 1 ranger, and 1 wizard are what I had initially though but it seems dumb.
>>
Can two Rangers affect the same target with Hunter's Mark or due to the magic stacking rules it does not work?
>>
File: monk bumrushes an unwary caster.jpg (29KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
monk bumrushes an unwary caster.jpg
29KB, 460x345px
>>54508359
Stunning Strike is Monk 6.
I'm currently playing a Monk 8 / Fighter 1 and have managed something like this, but I've had to replace my attacks with specials. All the effects, but none of the damage.

Still, it's nice to run up to some punk Wizard, brain him, tackle him to the floor, strip him of all his foci / components, and get him in a headlock. Next level, I'll even be able to drop a Silence field on him at the same time. Then there's truly nothing he can do.
>>
>>54508413
The Moon EXPLODES
>>
File: AcroRd32_2017-07-24_21-31-28.png (96KB, 307x124px) Image search: [Google]
AcroRd32_2017-07-24_21-31-28.png
96KB, 307x124px
>>54509234
>Stunning Strike is Monk 6.
?
>>
What's a good background feature for a minion/henchman background? I was thinking something similar to the Outlander's, but for dungeons, but I'm not sure if that takes away from the dungeoneering fun or whatever.
>>
>>54509253
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL
THE MOON
IS GONNA CRASH INTO EARTH
>>
>>54510277
>using Earth as your setting
>>
>>54508413
It started oddly, we were not invaded by the mindflayers, but those already lurking in the darkness left abruptly and with no care for stealth. Risking open attack by their ancient foes, the Githyanki, their Nautaloid ships darkened the skies of the sword coast as they fled to parts unknown in the void above.

Investigating one of their abandoned lairs, I found many thrall left to slowly come back to themselves still defending the realm of their absent masters. Subduing them, I found a room of their touch writings and deciphered what I could. Though I soon found I was not alone. There was an Alhoon. One of their brain eating filth who pursued magic and lichdom, though this one still drew breath.

In battle, he warned me that no force but I Death could save me and those I loved...for the world born dead would soon hang in our sky.

Atropos, he laughed In my mind, was coming.
>>
>>54508413
Multiple planes of existence start to unravel like threads in a tapestry, and the gods struggle to piecemeal reality back together.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.