[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recasts 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2f9b7b817bc77eeab43ff43585ad915c.jpg (352KB, 1200x1452px) Image search: [Google]
2f9b7b817bc77eeab43ff43585ad915c.jpg
352KB, 1200x1452px
What are TG's opions on Chinese recasting of 40k stuff?

I recently found sisters of battle at $1 USD per standard bolter babe and special weapons/command at $4-5 per fig, so I'm tempted.
>>
>>54498601
Look for the best recaster on reddit's yoyhammer for your figures.

I love them. It gives poorfags like me a chance to play.
>>
>resin recasts of metal only models
ugh
>>
>>54498709
>>54498740

Already on that chief

And why ugh?
>>
i would be more inclined to buy the officials if there was a new cast in the past 10+ years
>>
FW doesnt sell the Lucius Warhound Titan anymore, but a chinaman does.

Who do you think is going to get my money?
>>
>>54499094

True. I was more asking about models that are still available but that are exorbitantly priced. Currently an SoB squad costs $80 USD not including shipping. From this Chinese dude I can get 8 squads for that.
>>
Recaster are a classic problem of Piracy.
Since your service suck piracy comes to fill your failing services.
For fuck sake recaster has almost the same customer service than GW or FW, as in re-sending miscast crap.

That said, beside FW, metal and failcast, you are better of buying plastic.
>>
>>54499366

There have never been plastic sisters of battle
>>
>>54499655
>Celestine
>twins
>3 plastic models right there

The point is, if it has a plastic version do not bother with recast, just get the plastic version.

Maybe some tanks, but thats it. For Resin and metal just get a recaster.
>>
>>54499746

And that plastic model is only available in a $100 boxed set, versus say 20 from a recaster.

And besides. Celestine was a campaign release, she does not denote a plastic sisters infantry release
>>
>>54499785
Point take, but there are plastic SoB.

So yah go for recasters and third parties with SoB, because GW sure as hell is not going to support them outside of half assed rules.
>>
My general rule of thumb is that if GW doesn't allow me to purchase something through my LGS, they clearly don't want me buying from them. If I can't support the place where I play, I'm not supporting the company that is preventing me from doing so.

Unfortunately, I do play Sisters and have since 4th, and I'm autistic about wanting metal models because the rest of the army is metal. It's a curse, really. However, I'm drowning in FW bits for my chaos/HH stuff. Tons of weapons and shit. Hell, Alpharius sells MKIV assault Marine arms separately now, which is fucking awesome.
>>
As a third worlder this is the only way I can get my hands on these types of things.
>>
>>54499976
Due to poor? or retarded costume taxes?
>>
>>54500025
Op here. I'm from the USA, but friends in Australia tell me it's common for fully recast armies to be seen in games clubs.
>>
>>54500025
If I were to import, because my currency is shit, things would cost 4 times what it does in America, plus the shipping and if I get unlucky and customs caughts it and makes me pay tariffs it would pretty much cost another 2/3 of what I was paying.
Or I could buy locally and spend twice what I would for the import.
It is not that I don't have the money, I actually do, it is just too much when I can buy a recast for a significantly small fraction of what I would pay.
>>
>>54498601
Fucking link that shit, anon. I regret selling my Sisters when I went off to college. Would love to get my girls on the table again.
>>
>>54500761
Subbreddit called yoyhammer. Reviews and general banter.

You can find the guy I'm using's catalogues via the search functions. Search for "Z's catalogues"

As to contacting him....well you are going to have to do detective work. Because certain recasters have been shut down in the past the community generally follows the fight club mentality.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.