[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: crash and burn.pdf (62KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
crash and burn.pdf
62KB, 1x1px
So, I've been fucking around with some ideas for a semi-light rp system.
I threw together some basic mechanics, and would be delighted if anyone could point me to the most obvious retardations I have already written in.
The plan is to add more mechanics after I'm sure the old one's don't have some really glaring faults in them, and maybe someday arrive at a finished game.
>>
Also, even though the system is very barebones, if people are interested, I could run a short scenario with it here.
>>
Idea is to end up with a handy system that can handle a variety of things, original idea was actually urban fantasy, that has a lot of focus on the characters, and where destroying your own character, bit by bit, would be fun and rewarding.
>>
>>54478236
2d6+bonus contested isn't exactly a new idea.

This has been done well a thousand times. Maybe you can draft a mediocre version of it, without extensive playtesting. But why?

Just use one of the dozen systems already doing exactly this.
>>
>>54479221
>This has been done well a thousand times. Maybe you can draft a mediocre version of it, without extensive playtesting. But why?

>Just use one of the dozen systems already doing exactly this.
Do you mean 2d6+bonus, or in general the ideas I've presented?
>>
>>54479221
>>54479341
Other Ideas I have for the system is to have "Descriptors", a sentence long descriptions of important aspects of the character, which affect positively and negatively the character's performance in situations, and to build a system where skills a character has invested in can be customized to fill in more easily purposes of other skills.
Also to build a highly modular magical system, and give even more importance to the descriptions players give for their actions.

Sure all of this has been done before, but I don't think I've ever seen any of them in a single system? If there is some system like that please tell, so I can take a look at it and maybe abandon what I have here.
>>
>>54479569
Have you seen apocalypse world? /tg/ has mixed opinions about powered by apocalypse in general but it is very close to what you seem to be going for.
>>
>>54479925
I actually haven't, how strictly does it stick to the setting?
>>
>>54479925
Took a quick look, seems fun, though in general I have a great distaste for class-based systems.
>>
>>54479925
Is there something inherently bad about it, since the opinion is so mixed?
>>
>>54478236
as long as you aren't playing D&D, you have my sword, OP.
>>
>>54480873
It's new and different.

This triggers the grognard.
>>
>>54480895
Well
Out of all the games I've played, various editions of DnD are my least favourite.
>>
Gonna bump this thread one more time, hoping someone has some useful critique on what I've build so far.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.