[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What secondary effect should a Fireball do when it rolls max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Fireball Wizard.jpg (118KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
Fireball Wizard.jpg
118KB, 1024x662px
What secondary effect should a Fireball do when it rolls max damage that isn't just 'do more damage' or 'lite the enemy on fire'?

I already got Ice and Lightning figured out, but not sure about Fire.
>>
>>54476867
Either damage over time or damage to equipment?
>>
>>54476867
temp stat reduction due to fire consuming all the oxygen around
>>
Boil their potions.
Burn their scrolls.
>>
>>54476867

Knock them flat on their ass? It's an explosion.
>>
DEX penalty due to nerve damage.
>>
>>54476867
Send them flying backwards
>>
>>54476867
Burns away the target's pain receptors, so he doesn't know how much damage he's taken.

Happens in real life.
>>
>>54476953
This or destroy object, emphasise the shockwave aspect of your fire spells
>>
>>54476867
it fucks your whore mother
>>
>>54476919
I was gonna bring that up, like they can't breath til they leave that square, or at least have to wait a few rounds for the oxygen to fill back in.
>>
>>54476867
what's ice and lightning, OP?
>>
>>54477492

Ice- When you deal 6 or more damage with an ice spell, the enemy's feet are frozen in place, meaning they cannot move until they break free.

Lightning- When you deal 6 or more damage with a lightning spell, the enemy is stunned for one round.

I wanted something that wasn't flat damage to keep with the theme of damage + crowd control, so destroyed equipment is pretty good for that, as suggested early. I'll probably keep that.
>>
>>54477566
yeah, i would have suggested the enemy has to try to put the fires on him out but it's similar to stun in that it renders the victims inactive for a time. i'd probably stick with equipment too.
>>
>>54476867
Causes the enemy to flinch. Either taking penalties on their next turn or missing out on actions.
>>
>>54476867
Removes their eyebrows and any visible body hair along with d4 inches of regular hair.
>>
>>54477566
fire should push the target back a square
>>
it's not what you want, but I like the way Diablo 2 handled elemental magic
>fire does x-y random damage
>lightning does 1-z random damage, where z is a number significantly larger than y
>frost does 2(x-y)/3 damage but slows the target and can shatter their body, stopping other enemies from resurrecting them
>>
>>54476867
Causes tanning
>>
>>54476867
> Set things on fire
> Force-type damage and force exerted
> Fuel-air explosion uses up all the nearby oxygen
> Hearing loss for 1d4 rounds
>>
>>54477566

Fear effect.

Watch any video on YouTube related to failures with fire. Usually, they try to put it out, can't, and panic. Imagine those poor bastards trying to deal with a sudden fireball in the area.

People get stupid about fire.
>>
>>54477566
Square in front of the dude that got hit turns aflame, and you can't walk through the square withot burning?
>>
File: 1498161141039.jpg (2MB, 1040x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498161141039.jpg
2MB, 1040x1536px
>>54476867
Burning of the lining of the throat and lungs leading to severe and permanent breathing difficulties due to the inhalation of superheated air. The eyelids could be burnt off, leading to one constantly needing to apply eyedrops to keep the eyes hydrated. Sort of like a very bad case of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photokeratitis

It should also hurt their feelings.
>>
>>54476867
3d6 pounds of the enemy's body become coal
>>
>>54477971

This. Save vs Fear or lose control of the character for 1d4 rounds.
Also, DoT because they're on fucking fire.
>>
File: explosion.jpg (165KB, 1596x914px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.jpg
165KB, 1596x914px
>>54476867
Explosion
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.