[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thunderfire cannon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Hey tg, what do you think of the Thunderfire cannon in eight? How are you using it and what do you think of the new stratagem associated with it?
>>
It's garbage and I really wish GW would drop it, already.
>>
Like most blast weapons in 8th, it got worse.
Just as template weapons got better.
>>
Buy It, it destroys everything
>>
>>54476606
I'm not gonna lie. A quick glance while browsing the catalog had me thinking it said "tsundere cannon"
>>
>>54481726
the cannon fired with a thunderous baka
>>
>>54476606
How did the GC/heresy-era quad mortar become the Thunderfire, or do you think they have separate lineages?
>>
>>54476606
Can you use other kinds of Thunderfire cannon, like Tarantula Thunderfire?
>>
>>54486845
They found STC. Or maybe some techmarine who wasn't an idiot realized wasting 2 marines to crew this thing when you can hand it to company fix-it guy to make him useful is much better use of resources.

It also looks much simpler to produce and maintain AND can fire directly forward so maybe he just redid the whole mess from scratch then claimed he found totally not self-made STC under his bed.
>>
>>54476606
Stratagem looks neat on paper for locking down some dangerous footslogging unit like genestealers, not sure how good it'll be in practice.
>>
>>54486845
Quad mortars exist in 40k as well. As do heavy quad launchers for the Guard.

I think it's just the same core concept weapon in different designs on different platforms. Quad mortars is smaller, but also needs a crew and the launcher is fixed to the body. Guard mortar is 4-barreled artillery piece. Thunderfire seems more automated with the gun on a turret, etc., needing only 1 crew.
>>
>>54476606
>what do you think of the new stratagem associated with it?
it's incredibly powerful. TFCs are viable now, provided you bring a batallion (which you should)

>>54478072
t. hasnt read the codex yet
>>
Meme cannon pls.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.