[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 19

File: 1471821802042.jpg (439KB, 1696x2291px) Image search: [Google]
1471821802042.jpg
439KB, 1696x2291px
Previous thread: >>54455565
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Best houserule/homebrew you've ever seen/used?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54467329
What line, what time, how many people playing, etc...?
>>
>>54467504
V20 VTM, idk how many people and anytime
>>
>>54467420
Really interested as to how you make a party of beasts work together if you're keen
to explain and tell us a bit about it
>>
File: 1420498420522.png (2MB, 1519x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1420498420522.png
2MB, 1519x1972px
Hey, I'm the fellow who uploaded that second link for oWoD in the pastebin to Mega, but I haven't been in this general for the past month or two. Has anything new come out since that I should put up?
>>
Did anyone played the chronicle in the Sundered World? Sounds interesting as hell, and there is a lot less political complexity to care about.
>>
File: VegetarianWerewolfRage.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
VegetarianWerewolfRage.gif
2MB, 270x188px
Posting again for the new thread
Would anybody be interested in a Werewolf 2e game?
I'm looking for 1 more player, to, ideally, play an Ithaeur Bone Shadow(we already have one of every other auspice and tribe, and I'm a fan of rounding things out, but it's not necessary).
>Game is set in Portland, Oregon
>PC Woofs know each other through University of Portland
>Game is starting with the Pack having recently formed
>Nobody else in the group has ever played cofd before(I've played a few games and run a few games, but I apparently have the patience of a saint so I'm fine with teaching them as we play).
>Saturdays, Noon-3PM, roughly, GMT -7
>Rats#9479
>IC text through roll20, OOC voice through Discord
>Yiff is ban, no awoo, $250 fine
>>
File: IMG_20170712_163344.jpg (344KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_163344.jpg
344KB, 912x1600px
>>54467733
>cofd
>>
>>54467726
I think one of the good things about TSW is the fact you can port over anything to make a Pangean.

Like Salt, Storm and Stone from the Fallen London Universe.
>>
>>54467733
I might play. Bone Shadow is the most interesting Cofd werewolf race to me anyways. Got any links?
>>
>>54467806
You also can let your players to create Mystery for their other characters to solve millenia later.
>>
>>54467733
>>54467866
You still there? I'm interested
>>
>>54467733
>University of Portland
So they're Roman Catholic werewolves?
>>
>>54467905
>>54467806
>>54467726
did ayone try that with other splats than mage and werewolf ?
how did it go ?
how would you do it with your favorite splat ?

Would vampires work ? With or without the new Strix mythology
>>
>>54467956
>>54467866
Yeah, sorry, I went afk after posted it. Add me on Discord, and I'll give you an invite to the channel.
>>
>>54468482
Aight. Can I get that link?
>>
>>54468519
>Rats#9479
>>
>>54467442
I'm looking for a nice, easy character/sheet builder for Demon the Descent. I've already got form-fillable PDFs, I'm looking more along the lines of a Google Spreadsheet type thing.
>>
>>54466837
>Be less than 1% of the population
>>Get over represented everywhere.
>I don't get it.

Silly Anon. don't you know that minorities are magical. By WW standards, they're *underrepresented*.
>>
>>54468827
Speaking as a minority, you have to realize that there are special snowflake activists who think they speak for all of us, and who seem to honestly believe that if we aren't getting spotlight attention, we don't exist. Like a solipsistic crisis. It makes me feel embarrassed and angry when they get all hissy about it, but what is even more offensive is when crusaders come in trying to defend us or put a spotlight on us because we're different when we are happy just being normal with our every day normal friends.
>>
What is your favorite Fera species?
I really like the were-crocodiles myself, but I've never really got to play one. The closest I ever got the character.... might be a mary sue?
>>
>>54469983
For the pure fun factor, Rokea
Shark-men are just too good to pass
They're also among the hardest of the bunch if I recall
>>
>>54470104
You can make it easier by playing a Same-bito, but you run the risk of falling into weebery.
>>
>>54470301
Nothing can be as bad as the Asian fey or the Ninja wizards.
>>
>>54470104
Weresharks are the best. They just want to eat and fuck on land. Way better than werewolves who just fuck everything up.
>>
>>54467555
>>54467457
>>54467678

Well I mean I did as much as I could with a player that went out of his way to metagame, undermine all events and was overall just a presumptuous projecting prick.

Alright, so we had 3 Beast players, an insomniac Eshmaki that lived fast food job shift to fast food job shift, an Ugallu newspaper photographer that was jokingly a blend of Peter Parker & J Jonah Jameson that wanted to be Moriarty (He was none) and an ex-cop turned Private Detective Makara that just moved into town.

There were also 2 players that decided they wanted to play vampires. One was a neonate Vampire that was an EMT response technician, while the other was a vampire from back in the Civil War that went into torpor when hippies became a thing and only recently woke up from his slumber.

The game started with a serial killer that the Makara quit his job over to chase up all the way from New Hampshire to Maine. The killer was bailed out of an investigation by his rich father and went up to celebrate it. He threw a party and then took a joyride around town before getting into a car accident. But there also being a killing matching the killer's M.O. This being on the news triggered the Makara to drive to the hospital to check it out. While the Ugallu wanted to get the scoop on it.

The plan was to get those two to dig deeper into shadiness of the accident and start digging around for questions. They were going to first run into the Vampire EMT who was in the ambulance, who would have given them info on the accident location, where they would have found food wrapper littered around the area tied to the fast food restaurants the Eshmaki was working that night to retrace the killer's steps that night. They would have also eventually run into the other Vampire who was creeping in at the party on the night of the accident.

It didn't work out that way, because the player playing the Ugallu decided instantly he wanted
to be in charge of everything and Metagame.
>>
>>54470736

After a bunch of sidetracking and bullshit from the Ugallu (He randomly killed a bowling team cheering because they won a bowling tournament, just because he as a person hates bowling) we just stopped inviting him.

We have picked up playing the game without him though and the players have actually started working together.

...I really don't want to go into detail about the shit that happens because the sheer stupidity of the Ugallu player just kills all my motivation to type it out the more I think about it.
>>
>>54469983
It's nWoD, but Werehummingbirds are hilariously awesome. Only gem in the trashfire of Changing Breeds.
>>
>>54470563
I thought they were big idiots attacking anything that enters their waters?
>>
>>54470814
Yeah, but when they go on land they get horny and start fucking things. And if they stay on land, the ones still in the water hunt you down and kill you for betraying the ocean I assume.
>>
>>54467442
>Best houserule/homebrew you've ever seen/used?

For forsaken 2E: ditching triggers for "the DM tells you when to roll for kuruth", ditching aspirations for 4 beats per session (plus the extras you get for conditions and dramatic failures) and making falling a "resolve + composure" roll for harmony to always pulls you away from the center whether is up or down.
>>
>>54470772
>Being mad that he was playing beast right and the rest of you guys weren't.
>>
>>54470955
>Playing Beast right is being a massive metagaming faggot and ruining everyone elses time.
You might actually be onto something here.
>>
>>54467442
Arete+Sphere
>>
File: moonman.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Would you join a werewolf pack with pic related as their totem spirit?
>>
>>54470993
>Arete+Sphere
I still ponder to this day why Brucato didn't implement this.

It was already a thing in Dark Ages
>>
>>54471023

Fuck yeah
>>
>>54467442

I am thinking of removing the "garou shall not kill pure" in forsaken because i cant find any argument to support it beyond "some pure maybe arent THAT bad even though their society exist as a hate group against forsaken"
>>
>>54471026
He probably never even knew about it, he doesn't seem very good with rules. Or writing. Or not coming off as being into bestiality. Or antisemitic.
>>
>>54470955
>>54470991

Dude he literally thought he could use his character with one point in drive to operate a forklift and fly a plane because the book didn't specifically say he needed a skill specialization or training to do it.

He also thought he could stack running to legitimately out run a cruise missile as a mortal.

That's the kind of guy this was.
>>
>>54471080
The argument is "Because the Moon said so" as retarded as that is. And if I recall correctly that's only in regards to killing outside of combat. Ripping a Pures head off in Death Rage = ok, casually executing someone on the ground after the fight is over = Luna gets triggered

Then again don't quote me on that, haven't played W:tF in a long ass time
>>
>>54471188
the first part is true the second part might also be true. the game is extraordinarily fiddly.
>>
>>54471260
Well I mean it might be so, but he basically wouldn't accept house rule requirements for it. He wouldn't play the game just for the sake of the game.
>>
>>54471080
>>54471204
The Moon didn't say shit, the Forsaken agreed to not murder other werewolves when they made the Oath of the Moon.
Even then, it's pretty much straight up "don't kill another werewolf UNLESS IT'S NECESSARY"

Killing when it's not necessary is already a violation of the Oath, see: Respect Your Prey.
>>
So what do you magefags think of the reach system in how it interacts with paradox? Personally speaking, part of me really likes it, and part of me doesn't as it seems to make everything a paradox risk very easily.
>>
>>54471903
It's good on paper in practice it doesn't do enough to make paradox a threat even during escalations. Honestly, past 3 4and five spells should almost always innately cause paradox if you want to keep the silent war angle while making sense.
>>
>>54472002
Can you elaborate on that? I haven't had a chance to play 2e mage as of yet, but just based on what I read it seems like paradox is far-far more common then prior. At least if you ignore the vulgar stuff.
>>
>>54469983
I like the weredinosaurs (the Mokolé)
>>
>>54472175
2e makes paradox a joke unless you keep casting like 3+ master spells than it starts being a thing. Reach as is makes it easy to avoid paradox unless you are being really stupid.

Masters in 2e are probably the most op thing in the game that's not a 6+ rank entity. This was done on purpose but they get too many in system freebies. The setting doesn't give a reason for this cold war feeling at all. If paradox were innate in 4+ spells at least it would give a reason why masters who don't like each other don't try to blast each other other existence. 2emage is now more than ever the dnd mage issue.
>>
>>54472635

>"I don't like this aspect of a game."
>"Listen to me as if I'm absolutely correct on the matter."
>Even though most people don't give a shit and have their own opinion."
>>
>>54472635
Is that you Dark Archon?
>>
>>54472723
I've seen masters in play and we had an st have one fight against use it was brutal and he wiped the floor with us.

>>54472765
No that autist was fucking crazy. there are a number of ways you can make them more workable without paradox but paradox makes the most sense for the feeling of a coldwar feeling everyone is a magical nuke but those nukes can backfire.
>>
>>54472798
Were you non-mages or Adept and below?
>>
>>54472404
Which do you prefer, the African, Asian or Indian ones?
>>
>>54472798
Fight against us as 1 rank disciples. Even if we had adapt abilities the guy was using matter magic and splitting us up and rearranging the place like it was nothing.
>>54472825
yes. in the old system we would have had some chance. Most of the bullshit in it was rapped up in the shitty extended casting system.
>>
Reminder that vampires, werewolves and changelings aren't supposed to intentionally go out of their to antagonize master wizards.

It's a more often than not considered a death sentence.
>>
>>54472851
>My ST's a fag
well if your st is fag that's not a problem we can help with
>>
>>54472851
Masters are rather meatier than Disciples, anon.

It's like pitting Harry Potter against Gandalf.
>>
>>54472900
It's not like balance is a focal point of the setting canon.
>>
How are five dot mages terrifying?
>>
>>54472903
I mean it wasn't a real fight but it was just a showcase but it was still bullshit.

>>54472918
I know but it was still different than 1e. Which while not any less impressive they didn't quite get so many options nor was it so front loaded. I have no problem with mages being as versital as they are but 2e also gave them way more power even against each other. Full master parties aren't much fun in practice and it's not hard to have a mage just dominate most aspects of the game in multigroup parities now. 2e mage is such a well crafted book but it's not really fun in application.

I'm planning a mage game but I'm probably just going to restrict the characters to Arcana 3.
>>
>>54473010
Again, fighting other mages is supposed to be frightening ordeal, even for those less than Masters.

The Cold War theme is very prevalent. Magic isn't supposed to epic fun or fair, it's dangerous in the highest sense of the word.
You prepare accordingly when taking on your peers, or else it's going to be a Mexican standoff of the worst kind.

2e really is a superior product than 1e, it's just tricky for some people to grasp its themes.
>>
>>54472839
The Australian ones, i really like the focus on the genetic memory.
>>
>>54473059
I understand it's themes in practice it's not fun.
>>
>>54473091
Fun from a gameplay perspective not a setting one.
>>
>>54473091
Not fun to you maybe.
>>
>>54473176
It is subjective but power wanking is only fun for a bit then it gets boring and all the threats start fudging the rules to make it somewhat interesting. the less limitations you have the harder it is for a game to keep focus. At least from my experience.

My best experience with a table top was where I was a changeling who was practically due to poor contract choices.
>>
>>54471514
>Even then, it's pretty much straight up "don't kill another werewolf UNLESS IT'S NECESSARY"
>Killing when it's not necessary is already a violation of the Oath, see: Respect Your Prey.

Wait let me get this straight. Lets assume that a pack of Pure kidnapped a Blood talon Rahu´s daughter and they came to their territory. A pure with a couple of bear spirits appears and before he can say a word the rahu rips his head off. Would he get shit for being a oath breaker?
>>
>>54473010
I would say limit it at Adept level. Otherwise you're basically screwing your players out of spells like thunderbolt/firebolt, transubstantiation, teleporting, fetish crafting, shadow flesh, etc. Having the cap at Disciple level would be unbearably lame, because to my understanding you aren't even considered a grown Mage until you reach Adept level in at least one Arcanum, so you had better make Disciple level the new Master or something unless you plan on having your players be the kiddie cabal. You would also need to make it so that you can't be a Disciple right out of character creation, otherwise there would be no real room to grow or reach new heights. Just reaching Disciple level in other Arcana.
>>
>>54471023
Does it mean we get to purge the inferiors?
>>
>>54473567
Storyteller discretion.
Personally, I'd say no, because the Pure is a clear and present threat.
>>
Anyone who doesn't realize that paradox in mage 2E is far too weak and that mages in general
>>
>>54473826
God damn phone, anyway, that Mages in general are far too strong is fucking retarded.
>>
>>54473841
Nice opinion, mobile poster.
>>
>>54473826
Paradox was far too strong in Ascension.

It goes both ways.
>>
>>54473860
More talking about 1e than Ascension.
>>
>>54473783
>Storyteller discretion.
>Personally, I'd say no, because the Pure is a clear and present threat.

On one hand, thats pretty useful to know thanks. On the other hand FUCKING OPP, why the goatfucking fuck dont they make that explicit on the text?
>>
>>54473860
I rather enjoyed when my anti-spirit ray machine back fires and burns down a building I'm on the third floor of. Awakening Paradox is just so bland.
>>
>>54473860
>Paradox was far too strong in Ascension.

You say it as it was a bad thing
>>
>>54473902
That means your ST was interesting, and not a cuck.

Ascension Paradox was one of the worst things in the line.
>>
>>54473902
Where would I get a PDF for mage The Awakening 1e?
>>
>>54473917
It kinda was a bad thing.
Unless you're a mage hating faggot.

>>54473923
Why would you want that? 2e is out.
It's far superior.
>>
To see how it works you fucking shithead
>>
>>54473947
Meant to be a reply to
>>54473936
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54473954
The phoneposter doesn't have very good manual dexterity, does he?
>>
>>54473956
What's the problem
>>
>>54473970
I don't like Mage REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54473980
Then what the fuck are you doing posting here, you should know better.
>>
>>54473886
They make it explicit in the text that Harmony is a matter of the Werewolf's personal beliefs, and thus whether or not they're breaking the Oath isn't gonna be a yes or no for every woof in the same situation.

If it weren't a matter of personal belief, the Oath section wouldn't talk about the different interpretations that different woofs/tribes have of it
>>
>>54473980
Then you're stupid
>>
>>54473980
Fucking Mages, Get the fuck off my Fallen World! Reeeeeeeee!
>>
>>54473746
That's not a bad I idea. I was also considering having them purchased as rotes at 4+ or strengthening threshold. There are a lot of things to do though. The issue is having the right balance.
>>
>>54473895
Why so hostile? I said it was a nice opinion, and you are posting from a phone, aren't you?
>>
>>54474140
> the issue is having the right balance
Just dump the kitchen sink on them, if they still have time, mind, and fate, they'll be fine.
>>
>>54474165
I misread that completely. I'm fucking retarded. Sorry about that.
>>
>>54474178
That's what i want top avoid.
>>
>>54474189
What's what you want to avoid?
>>
>>54474188
Just kidding, I was actually being condescending. Your reply was appropriate.
>>
>>54474214
Oh.
>>
>>54474203
Being too restrictive or too free and having to make up powers just to make a situation interesting.
>>
>>54474214
Though we are on the website where calling someone a niggerfaggot can be considered a friendly greeting.
>>
>idiots not realizing that mage is the most internally balanced of the lines
>why even crossover with mages when you don't even need to
>>
>>54474261
People keep saying Mage is the most internally balanced, but where's the internal imbalance in other lines?
>>
>>54474297
I would say Requiem is the second most balanced internally
>>
>>54474310
What's the least balanced then?
>>
>>54474297
Look at the gifts in WW, or the powers in Geist, or the embeds in Demon. Lots of them are shit. None of the Arcana in Mage are shit.
>>
>>54474328
Demon or Descent
>>
>>54474261
It's not. The only reason mind mages haven't taken over is because the setting says so.
>>
>>54474328
Beat probably.

With Geist and Demon right behind it.
>>
>>54474332
That's because there's only 10 of them.
>>
>>54474338
You could literally say the same regarding the other Arcana
>>
>>54474335
What's so unbalanced about demon?
>>
>>54474367
You have lower power spy abilities to hack cameras and open doors then you have shit like Merciless Gunman which is "Kill everyone in the room in a single roll"
>>
>>54474390
Or the one that lets you make everybody in an area unable to communicate. That's also pretty fun.
>>
>>54474358
No, you can't. Mind lets you uncontestedly control people even other mages.
>>54474390
That only works on extras.
>>
>>54474390
Do they even give an upper limit on how many people that could affect? Or could a demon massacre a sold-out concert hall in a few seconds?
>>
>>54474431
You sound a biased with total disregard for the reality of the other Arcana. Mind is powerful, but it's not the only one capable of fucking over other Mages.
>>
>>54474390
To be fair, the 'kill everyone in a single roll' ability is easily worked around with prep. It's not an 'I win' ability, certainly not like an Unmaking Rote.

If you can't defend against a bullet, you're fucked.
>>
>>54474441
It's per success at first, exceptional success gives you kills equal to your ammo cap
>>
>>54474431
>No, you can't.
Yes, you can. Take a gander at the others before you start spewing nonsense.

>Mind lets you uncontestedly control people even other mages.
Doesn't really mean much in the long run.
>>
>>54473923
>PDF for mage The Awakening 1e

Here's the Mage 1e corebook and Tome of Mysteries, which is an almost mandatory expansion of the magic system.

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/nZDukh1d1kVp9MT57M56ig
>>
>>54474480
So belt feeder plus exceptional success equals limitless killing?
>>
>>54474523
It only works on extras
>>
>>54474500
Thanks man.
>>
>>54474536
Still, it certainly makes a statement.
>>
>>54474523
It's usually overestimate. Not as powerful as people claim it to be. Sill damn strong.

Even extras can still work around it.
>>
>>54472900
>Reminder that vampires, werewolves and changelings aren't supposed to intentionally go out of their to antagonize master wizards.
>It's a more often than not considered a death sentence.

Death is the preferred option if the victim is very, very lucky. Angering mages often results is fates far worse than death.

However, in all fairness, picking on other splats get very tired real fast, besides its unacceptability in actual crossover play. Mages also have more than enough of their own Mysteries and cosmic-level antagonists and problems to keep themselves occupied.
>>
>>54473826
What makes paradox weaker than in 1e? Isn't it like far more common now?
>>
>>54474536
>>54474541
>>54474557

As this is the CofD, and karma's (and ST's) a bitch, one of those extras slaughtered by the Demon will inevitably be someone close to a top-tier threat, such as key cult member for a mummy or a family member of a mage, and they usually aren't too impressed by mere firearms.

Of course, the mortal authorities and the God Machine's agents will also definitely notice whole slaughter.
>>
>>54474480
For the mortal authorities, just blame ISIS or something.
>>
>>54474640
>What makes paradox weaker than in 1e? Isn't it like far more common now?

A mage has far more control over paradox in 2e. Gone are the distinction between covert and vulgar magic. A mage can cast any spell, and will only incur paradox if he overextends his abilities (using the new Reach system). If Sleepers witness obvious magic, there's a small additional paradox penalty, but that can usually be mitigated with a dedicated magical tool or expenditure of mana.

In 2e, mages can now more casually or easily employ magic, and "supercharge" their spells in exchange for paradox risk. Experienced mages with high Gnosis and Arcanum ratings can throw around very powerful spells will little risk, and are veritable WMD's when paradox is not a concern (along with other advantages).
>>
>>54474538
>Thanks man.

You are very welcome

>Sharing Supremacy

>#NotAllPirates
>>
>>54474586
>Angering mages often results is fates far worse than death.

Particularly if that mage is well versed in Death.

>Mages, the biggest douches in the CofD
>>
>>54474734
Doesn't it still take a reach just to cast a spell as an instant action?
>>
>>54474782
>Doesn't it still take a reach just to cast a spell as an instant action?

Yes, but mages always have at least one free Reach to spend.

"Reaching
The mage can utilize different techniques to get more out
of her base spell after she determines the spell effects and the
level of each Arcanum involved. Most changes affect the dice
pool as either bonus or penalty dice, but other, more profound effects require the mage to risk incurring a Paradox by Reaching.
Mages can Reach to move from a Standard to an Advanced spell
factor chart, or create specialized effects in certain spells such as
increasing damage type on attack spells. Each time she Reaches,
she adds dice to the Paradox dice pool based on her Gnosis.
A character receives a free Reach — which does not add Paradox
dice — per dot of her highest-rated Arcanum that meets or
exceeds the spell’s requirement. For example a mage with four
dots of the Mind Arcanum gains two free Reaches when casting
a spell that requires Mind 3."
>>
>>54474846
Doesn't that make most Master level spells always a paradox?
>>
To the Anon wanting dox to have more bite in 2E. Use the group Paradox pool alternate rule from Armory Reloaded.
>>
>>54467442
can any of you autists explain spellcasting to me? I don't get it.

Specifically, lets say I want to cast the Acceleration spell that will last one scene. The primary factor is potency, so I need to use reach to move that to duration, then advanced duration. Then any # of successes will let that be a Potency 1 acceleration for 1 scene, yeah? But to increase my potency I have to take dice penalties?

If I leave potency alone, and take a dice penalty to make it last 5 turns, and get a success, is it still Potency 1, or is Potency = successes rolled?

Thanks in advance from an idiot
>>
>>54474864

Even a Master gets a free Reach casting a master-level spell, and if he incurs more paradox, it can usually be mitigated with mana and a dedicated tool.

Since master-level spells are often the "I win" button of the CofD, risking a little paradox is worth the rewards.
>>
>>54474864
Yes yes it does. Now figure it out
>>
>>54474883

Potency is not success rolled.

It's always set before the spell is cast, and normally begins at your Arcanum rating if Potency is the spell's Primary Factor, or 1 otherwise.
>>
>>54474864
>>54474901
>Doesn't that make most Master level spells always a paradox?

You really don't want to be at ground zero when a master throws caution to the wind and doesn't care about collateral damage.
>>
>>54474883
Check the spell casting index
>>
>>54474932
I love how you only need a single success to get a spell off now.

Never going back to Ascension.
>>
>>54474979
>system simplicity
well yeah Cod has a better system
>>
>>54467442
Man, a ton of these World of Darkness generals use images based off of the Dresden Files novels.
>>
File: 1445077820133.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1445077820133.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
>>54474932
Okay, I somehow read over the add Arcanum rating part, but I see it now. Sorry.

So let me try and run this by you.

A Gnosis 2 mage with Time 4 wants to cast Acceleration that lasts an entire week! Ambitious. He also wants it to be a little potent, let's say Potency 4.
The starting dice pool is 6, I think.

It isn't a rote or a praxes for the sake of simplicity. So he gets 2 free reach. I'll use one to change the duration factor to Advanced, and another reach to make the casting instant. He wants a one week duration, so that's a -4 penalty. He also wants a 4 Potency, which would normally be a -6, but his Time was 4 so we'll wait and apply that later since it's the primary factor. We wont touch any other factors. So we have a -4 penalty so far.

The character can use 2 yantras with Gnosis 2. So we will use Mantras and his order or path tool, to get a total of +3. Still at a -1 dice pool overall.

We didn't over-reach so paradox pool shouldn't matter (i think).Taking the original dice pool and reducing it by one gives us a dice pool of 5.

If we roll those 5 dice and get any success, then the character gets a Potency 4 Acceleration with a duration of one week.

Is all of that correct? Apologies for Great Wall of Retard, still trying to learn Mage.
>>
>>54475081
>well yeah Cod has a better system

And no metaplot, thank god.
>>
>>54474883

Timmy the Acanthus wants to cast Acceleration (Time •••) to run away from a serial killer. he has Time 3 so he has 1 free reach for casting this spell.

Gnosis 2 + Time 3 for Timmy means he gain 5 dice as his standard spell casting pool. He has a stop watch yantra to raise this by +1(6)
Acceleration's primary factor is potency, meaning Timmy can move potency up the chart by his time dots -1(or 2 points up) All spells have 1 potency at the start, so with this Timmy has 3 potency.

Now, realizing 1 turn of super speed means nothing against a dedicated serial killer, Timmy wants the spell to last longer. He thinks about adding a -2 penalty to the spell to make it last 2 turns or -4 penalty to make it last 3 turns, but feeling it would make his dice pool too small, he instead decided to over reach.

Timmy reaches 1 over, causing paradox. He has a single sleeper witness, so +1 to the base 1 dice(2). Timmy doesn't want to spend more mana on the spell and isn't using a tool. His spell will last the whole scene.

He decides to let paradox go if it happens, but its 2 dice so what are the chances?

1 success. -1 dice for the spellpool, and a 1 reach anomaly, a condition in this case. With wisdom 7 this condition lasts the whole chapter.

Timmy rolls his spell casting pool(5 dice) and gains 1 success. Meaning he casts Acceleration with potency 3, that lasts 1 scene.

The next spell he casts that scene will have +1 paradox dice if it invokes paradox, and might have another if Timmy is put over his spell control limit.
>>
>>54475109
>A Gnosis 2 mage with Time 4 wants to cast Acceleration that lasts an entire week!

Is this even possible?
>>
>>54475312

It's unbecoming for a disciple mage to run away from a plain human, mortal serial killer or otherwise.

Timmy is an embarrassment to Acanthus everywhere.
>>
>>54474431
>Mind lets you uncontestedly control people even other mages.
Not really uncontested though, is it? Not every spell is a guaranteed thing. What's more, Mastigos, the Mages with Mind as a matter of course, are typically more interested in controlling themselves than they are with controlling other people. Seers are an obvious exception to that, but guess what? They do run things. Seers are entrenched in Sleeper government, and they love to use Profane Urims to control people.The reason why Mind Mages don't run the whole world is because not all Mind Mages want to (and why would they?), and those who go overboard are promptly shut down, usually by Mages who have Mind magic of their own.

I suppose you could still classify that as "because the setting says so" but it's not like there aren't actual reasons for it.
>>
>>54475329
no, you need a min of gnosis 3 for time 4
>>
>>54475109
looks ok, just remember that the max bonus you can get from all yantras is +5 (once you use rotes with decent skills this becomes easy to reach) but that is after penalties.

you can have a -6 penalty and use 3 yantras to get +8 dice that in the end equals a +2 yantra bonus.
>>
>>54475109
Since you need Gnosis 3 to do so, your base pool will be 1 higher, and get you get another yantra slot to make use of.
Also remember to spend the point of Mana to cast that specfic spell in the first place.
>>
>>54475820
I was referring more to the 'lasts a week' part
>>
>>54471023
>Would you join a werewolf pack with pic related as their totem spirit?

I'm white so yes.
>>
>>54475907
>Also remember to spend the point of Mana to cast that specfic spell in the first place.

A mage does not need to spend mana to cast spells from his Ruling Arcana.
>>
>>54474586
>However, in all fairness, picking on other splats gets very tired real fast

Does snorting magic coke of the ass of a vampire stripper count as "picking on other splats," particularly if you don't later turn her into a lawn chair?
>>
>>54475925
Why wouldnt it be possible? its -4 dice at advanced duration (less if its primary)
>>
>>54475967
Acceleration costs 1 mana even if ruling.
>>
>>54467442
I've been gone for a little bit now /tg/, what else has swedracula fucked up recently?
>>
>>54475312
>>54475425
That Timmy's found himself in this situation at all is the real embarrassment. He's a fucking Acanthus and the world should be dancing to *his* tune. The fuck is Timmy doing with his life and all that Mage privilege he's been handed?
>>
>>54476352
Cut Timmy some slack. He's just a Disciple. He grow into a powerful Enchanter, Tim.
>>
>>54476352
>>54476427

Just a Disciple??? Stop making excuses.

Timmy needs to get his head in the game. He's an embarrassment to the Consilium.

What's next, getting rolled by a group of changelings?
>>
>>54475109
Also remember each yantra over the first adds an extra turn to the casting.

So the serial killer might get one or two swings at you before you get the spell off if you use multiple yantras.

This is where mage armour comes in, its a shame fate and times are pretty similar. But +3 defense and vs firearms is decent.
>>
>>54476489
If he's really worried, don't bother with more than one Yantra and use a point of Willpower.
>>
>>54476484
>What's next, getting rolled by a group of changelings?

That's low, but I it could be worse. He might start getting pushed around by vampires, the lowest beings on the supernatural social strata.
>>
>>54476505
>If he's really worried, don't bother with more than one Yantra and use a point of Willpower.

Or stop being a magical pussy, quit running away from Sleeper monkeys, and maybe even learn some more useful combat Arcana like Matter, Space or Forces.

>Short Bus Mage
>>
>>54476539
Or maybe just use good ol' fists instead of magic

Sleepers aren't worth it
>>
>>54476539
hey so do do decent direct damage requires a rote (for the reach and skill bonus) and willpower for disciples.

Its not hard to get 8 bashing per spell vs 5 targets as a disciple but its not exactly easy peasy either.
>>
>>54476539
>Use Vulgar Magic in front of Sleepers
>Get Paradox up the ass
>Get beaten with a shoe by the local Guardians Councilor for your failure.
>>
So what is it about the new rules that makes Mages so massively aggravating for other splats? Is there just something in clash of wills that makes them overpowered now?
>>
>>54476598
Being able to avoid withstand on an exceptional success i think is the biggest one.

Doesnt matter how strong you are, 3 or 5 successes and your ass is gone
>>
>>54476598
Exceptional Successes can't be Withstood, Threshold is a joke, Mages can defend against other supernatural powers like they can magic, etc.
>>
>>54476589
>whats vulgar magic?
2e !!
>>
>>54476619
Obvious magic still causes Paradox if witnessed by a Sleeper.
>>
>>54476598
Mages have easy access to bonuses to their Clash of Wills, and those only work if there are two clashing powers.

Without one of those they merely have Withstand to protect them, and a properly prepared/learned Mage can breeze past that without a care.
>>
>>54476617
From someone who only ever played 1e - threshold now? Paradox threshold? Withstood? Idiot's guide, please.

Although that last one seems moderately disgusting. Before with the right arcanum and a few minutes to fuck around with something, maybe, but a prime mage can now just go "lol no" and dispel disciplines/gifts/whatever?
>>
>>54476625
Only like a die.

>>54476626
And armor. which is why prime is so important.
>>
>>54476625
It enforces it
>>
>>54476632
>but a prime mage can now just go "lol no" and dispel disciplines/gifts/whatever?
Not what I meant. I meant that a mental shield defends against Dominate and such.
>>
>>54476626
>Mages have easy access to bonuses to their Clash of Wills

How? And what's the bonus?
>>
>>54476661
Oh. I really hope the others get a hack book for that sort of thing soon.
>>
>>54476632
Spirit 2 covers " the Numina, Influences,
and Manifestations of spirits, Spirit spells, and any spiritual
powers of other supernatural creatures such as werewolves" requiring clash to harm
>>
>>54476589
>Use Vulgar Magic in front of Sleepers
>Get Paradox up the ass

The penalty for magic in front of Sleepers is a puny extra die and dice tricks such as 9-Again fo crowds.

The narrative justification for not using obvious magic in front of Sleepers is because the Quiescence forces an Integrity check and memory loss, and it's frowned upon in Mage society (and the Hubris mechanic) to so obviously screw around with Sleepers unless necessary
>>
>>54476664
Advanced duration gives up to +4 bonus to clash of wills, which is wjy you might use it even with a instant spell
>>
>>54476664
+1 for Advanced Potency, which takes a Reach, and all powers with Reach and spell factors can increase duration which provides such bonuses to the CoW, I think +4 for a Year/Indefinite duration.

And most other Supernaturals mostly have effects in the range of rounds, a scene, or perhaps a day or week.
>>
>>54476675
Disbelief is still pretty funky.
>>
>>54476632
Threshold is supernatural tolerance defanged. for some godawful reason dave b removed gnosis from the defense and exceptional successes flat out ignore it. So spells now auto succeed.
>>
>>54476670
Spirit 2 protects against all Spirit, and Werewolf powers
Death 2 protects against all direct Sin-Eater, Ghost, and Vampire powers
Fate 2 protects against all Changeling powers
Mind 2 protects against many Beast powers
>>
>>54476690
huh?

i think you mean withstand
>>
>>54476690
Someone needs to sit DaveB down and ask if he's okay. He's been on some high end stuff, by the looks of things.
>>
>>54476509
>Mages getting pushed around by vampires

There is no greater shame.

Timmy better find an Obrimos or Moros buddy and then crack open a few grimoires and start studying before he's lunch for some monstrosity.
>>
>>54476699
So, what, get those, toss up a prime magic armour and you're good to go? Or are you needing to erect each armour each day seperately?
>>
>>54476688
not really, its integrity withstood by spell dot level at the end of the scene and lowers non primary factors first, annoying maybe but hardly super annoying
>>
>>54476699

And of course don't forget that Forces 2 can render a mage virtually immune to kinetic or fire/heat damage when faced with supernaturals of the more brawny variety.
>>
>>54476712
Mages can only control spells = gnosis, this is one of the limiting factors for buff/debuff spells.

You can get around this by indefinate duration spells and then releasing them so you dont control them anymore but then you cant turn them off or whatever if needed
>>
>>54476699
This was always the case.
>>
>>54476688
>Disbelief is still pretty funky.

Dissonance only occurs after the end of the scene, and then only gradually.

At that point, a sleeper adversary is usually quite dead or far worse.
>>
>>54476710
Timmy can rewind time and avoid those fuckers.
>>
>>54476598
>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?783504-A-capability-based-analysis-by-Path-Mage-the-Awakening-2e

This pretty much sums it all up. Yes, yes I know what kind of cesspit that link brings you to, but it does illustrate what I believe is the main problem other splats have with Mages: the sheer amount of bullshit they have access to (and that's not even including just making shit up on the spot).
>>
File: timmuh.jpg (11KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
timmuh.jpg
11KB, 360x270px
>>54476759
But Timmy is a retard. That's the whole point of this discussion.
>>
>>54470736
How the fuck did the vampire keep his job as a EMT? Did he dominate somebody to only get given the night shift?
>>
>>54476763
I know im going to be upset at this. It'll be full of wank that people think is possible but isnt.
>>
>>54476807
Wow, it actually wasnt.
>>
>>54476763
Holy shit. Cheers. That's, uh, an impressive read.

I'm guessing there isn't a 2e conversion for the Perfected Adepts yet, then.
>>
>>54476819
The only conversion so far is 11th question.

Im sure fans will have converted them, there was a huge list posted threads ago
>>
Somebody has picked up the 750$ reward, Kickstarter is less than 250$ away from Mage and Geist Pirate era.

*changelingfag autistic screeching*
>>
The big thing you guys keep forgetting is that the WoD isn't predominantly about combat.
It's a dangerous environment, yes, but there's far more of a social standard. It's definitely not D&D.

Wizards are also wizards. Mage have a thematic reason for being among the strongest of players.
Definitely the strongest in terms of potential, Archmages being the face of that.

Crossover isn't an issue if you're wise about the whole thing.
>>
>>54476834
You can be as wise as you like but eventually
"But my vampire cant attend the high noon showdown" will happen.
>>
>>54476789
>How the fuck did the vampire keep his job as a EMT? Did he dominate somebody to only get given the night shift?

Not the same Anon, but I assume it's a disability accommodation for his sunlight allergy.

Didn't you ever watch Forever Knight?
>>
Reminder that Mages aren't inherently overpowered.

They're only overpowered when compared to others.
>>
>>54476834
>It's definitely not D&D
Wizards are still the best in that too
>>
>>54476876
>they're only overpowered when compared to anything else
>>
>>54476828
Yeah, nothing formal, just rough hashing. Oh well, the prime one fits pretty nicely if you just assume 'honing the form' gets a 2nd and 3rd statline to boost at 4th and 5th rank, and prime/forces wouldn't be too hard to bolt on as a supplementary arcanum. Ta.
>>
>>54476876

Mage envy is very real, and its a bitterness that afflicts far too many a vampire player.
>>
>>54476896
The real problem is that Mages not only are mary-sues, they're also insufferable about it and are invariably selfish pricks
>>
>>54476916
>they're also insufferable about it and are invariably selfish pricks

Which is entirely consistent with the setting and themes of Mage.

Mages also aren't nearly as impressive when compared to the antagonists of their own game line.
>>
>>54476743
Mage Armor is no longer a spell, but a series of Attainments. I don't think it counts towards your active spell count. But yeah, you can't have infinite Shielding spells up.
>>
>>54476763
Why would it be a problem? Mages don't have to exist in their games at all, and they aren't prominent in the fluff of other splats any more than other splats are in theirs.
>>
>>54476916
And all Vampires are soulless monsters, all Werewolves are raging hippies, all Changelings are broken, shattered rape victims, etc.
>>
>>54476991
And yet it is. Go figure.
>>
>>54477019
Just sounds like dick envy to me.
>>
So what sort of thing would work as a counter to the whole 'fuck you I'm a mage' thing? The abililty to spend your supernatural resource in a clash of wills/to add to a threshold?
>>
>>54476947
>Mages also aren't nearly as impressive when compared to the antagonists of their own game line.

Well, not unless you're an Archmage!
>>
>>54476947
I mean, you've got theoretically unlimited power, no mystical curse that compels you to do evil and yet, while you could solve all the world's problems with a little teamwork and effort, you just sit on your ass in your ivory tower, feeling smug that you're so much better than all those lowly peasants
it's not even evil, it's cosmic-level petty
and then, ultimate hypocrisy, you get mage players complaining about beast being revenge fantasy, when mage is basically one giant magical
>tfw too intelligent to help

also what are even their antagonists ?

>>54477004
yes but mages don't have any justification (even shaky) to behave like assholes
they just do because they feel so superior to everyone else, but can't be assed to have any responsibility
it's a game of dream fulfilment for bitter manchildren, it doesn't have any solid themes apart from a nauseating accumulation of "deep" masturbatory lore
>>
>>54476916
>they're also insufferable about it and are invariably selfish pricks

As Dave has stated time and again (at least when he used to post), that mages are the ultimate representations of privilege. power without consequence, as well as the corruption and dehumanization that such power inevitably brings.
>>
>>54477050
Then you have to contend with other Archmages and you get the Exarchs breathing down your neck, wondering if you're going to pursue Ascension.
>>
>>54477038
I don't think really anything should mechanically challenge it.
Instead, people should realise that in a Mage game, by nature they're likely to be less powerful than "comparable" Supernaturals, and in a non-Mage game, it's one cunt of a GM who's going to wave their Mage dick in his player's faces.
>>
>>54477063
>also what are even their antagonists?

There's a lot. Some of which you can't even face unless you've rocked your way into Imperial territory.
>>
>>54477063
>antagonists

other equally powerful mages with the backing of literal gods (ie exarchs)

Abyss entities that are literal entire worlds.

Just to name 2, its a different level from some vampfags worry about if its suit is ok for elysium
>>
>>54477063
>while you could solve all the world's problems w

Mages really can't. The Quiescence renders such obvious magical solutions impossible and dangerous both on the large scale and often even when attempting to help sleeper family and friends.

An inevitable part of being a mage is the isolation that no sleeper can really understand you or share in your magic. They can't even remember.
>>
Anyone got a list of converted Legacies in 2e, by any chance? I'm frightened of going to RPG.net or OPP.
>>
>>54477063
>yes but mages don't have any justification (even shaky) to behave like assholes
And neither do you, but I'm sure you've acted like one more than once. More than twice, even. That's what the game is about, what happens when you hand humans cosmic powers. People are assholes. They become even bigger assholes when they get power. I should also point out that I was pointing out that Mages (and people) being assholes is a stereotype, not an ironclad given.

And Mages are compelled, literally. They have an enhanced awareness of the supernatural, to the point that they are literally unable to ignore it and pretend things are normal. That's one of the first things you read in the book. Mages are compelled to discover and puzzle out Mysteries. Solving Mysteries gives them power. The more power they have, the higher they climb. The higher they are, the bigger the fall.
>>
>>54477129
Did somebody ask for Legacies?
I think somebody asked for Legacies.

Also if you have any requests, I'm game.
>>
>>54477147
>Implying that the angry vampfag has any points aside from "muh mary sue splat"
>Implying he isn't either shitposting or just dumb as fuck.
>>
>>54477173

Have you even witnessed quality mage shitposting before?
>>
My Archmage could totally date rape Luna
>>
>>54477200
>he said quality
>>
>>54477216
How is Luna not a quality specimen?
>>
>>54477123
>obvious magical solutions
couldn't mages, if they took the time to think it over, solve anything using coincidental magic that doesn't look like magic ?
>>54477147
sounds pretentious and boring
>>54477173
at this point I'm mostly tring to figure out why anyone would find mage entertaining
>>
>>54477220
Crazy. Also fucked a dog.
>>
File: Come on now.jpg (79KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Come on now.jpg
79KB, 499x498px
>>54477229
>>
>>54477229
>couldn't mages, if they took the time to think it over, solve anything using coincidental magic that doesn't look like magic?

Not anything, but a lot of things. It's what's fun about magic. Using it cleverly and creatively and getting away with it all the same.
>>
>>54477150
DISGUSTING.

Thanks.
>>
>>54477252
so it comes back to what's been bothering me
in a world where mages exist, a vast majority of persistent global issues constitute proof that mages are either inept or assholes
is that not a legitimate complaint to be making about the game ?
that it's just not coherent ?
>>
Oh for the love of fuck. Just come out of the closet and join the Magedom.

There's never been concrete arguments other than "wizzerds tew powerfewl tu handul in muh gamez"

It's serious envy hidden behind false flags.
>>
>>54477229
>solve anything using coincidental magic that doesn't look like magic ?
No. For starters, any problem they might be able to solve would most likely be countered by Seers, who WANT Sleepers to be living in a shitty world. Disbelief isn't just limited to obvious magic, either. Using Call Lightning too much in one area can invoke it as well, even though "Magic!" wouldn't be the first thing to jump to a Sleeper's mind if they saw it.

>sounds pretentious and boring
And Vampire's "Ugh I'm a monster I'm losing my humanity my existence is darkness" woe-as-me crap sounds insufferable to me. Your point?
>>
>>54477300
>is that not a legitimate complaint to be making about the game ?
No, because it's inaccurate and ignorant. Try reading the book sometime.
>>
File: giphy.gif (174KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
174KB, 500x401px
>>54477150
That's some impressive work, anon.
>>
>>54477300
This is the World of Darkness

Are you seriously suggesting that a fun happy world is the norm?
>>
The key to good mageposting is to rehash the same arguments over and over again as well as being frustratingly blank. Your perfect appearance is that of a blank white wall, with the baited not knowing they've screamed the same things at the same wall over and over again.
>>
>>54477335
So every fucking thread ever?
>>
Why don't Vampires Dominate their way through government and weed out corruption?
>>
>>54477344
Because somewhere in the government there is a Mage proficient in Mind.
>>
>>54477339
Exactly! You could probably have the larpers make a good argument that mageposters are actually Seers.
>>54477344
Because they don't want to? Because they can use the corruption more efficiently for themselves?
>>
oMage>nMage this is fact
>>
nMage>oMage this is fact
>>
>>54477347
>Vampires are inept
>>54477355
>Vampires are assholes

Who knew?
>>
Who's the strongest canon Mage that isn't an Archmaster?
>>
>>54477392
Probably that valkyrie woman from the silver ladder book, but everyone in there is stupidly overpowered.
>>
File: Dispater.png (428KB, 672x878px) Image search: [Google]
Dispater.png
428KB, 672x878px
>>54477392
William fucking Spence

Imagine him using 2e mechanics.
There are no doubt stronger mages out there, but he's the beefiest one currently given stats.
>>
>>54477412
>Moros
>Has Spirit 2
Guy is dedicated. Is there any downside to an Inferior Arcanum other than it taking longer to learn?
>>
>>54477426
You need someone to teach your dumb ass how to learn it from a mage that has the arcanum at the rating you want.
>>
>>54477426
I'm more impressed that the fat old bureaucrat has dots in all ten Arcana.
>>
>>54477444
But aside from that, using it is the same as any other common Arcana?
>>
>>54477469
It used to cost more experience, but I don't know if it still does.
>>
>>54477412
Dude's practically the leader of a lesser Ministry.
No wonder he's hot shit.
>>
>>54477392
Not sure about normie Mages but I know that Kadmon the Gardner is the strongest Archmage.
>>
>>54477869
Kadmon isn't the strongest. He's up there. But he isn't -the- strongest.
>>
>>54467442
So I'm playing vampire the dark ages 20th anniversary edition soon, and I'm having some trouble building my character.
I think we're using the standard rules.
>the problem
There's a lot of different clans, disciplines and points to distribute and I don't want to play a trainwreck of a character.
>my character
I kind of wanted to run a Kiasyd archer / wildsman, but I'm afraid that the weakness to cold iron will fuck me over.
>help
Can you point me to any good character creation tutorials or guides? I've tried to google it but nothing really helped me out.
If not, can you give me some quick pinpointers?
>>
>>54477469
Costs mana to use non ruling arcana
>>
>>54478128
Archer = dex + archery skill, there job done, stfu
Kiaysd cos you wanna be a special snow flake? (were they even around in DA?) Cold Iron wont dick you over any more than FIRE will in dark ages, ya know every torch wielding villager will fucking make you run away like a bitch....

The problem your having is your a faggot.
>>
>>54478181
Kiasyd because they offer a bunch of interesting hooks for the GM, and my fellow players (not to mention myself).
>>
>>54478200
>Mytherceria

admit it you are just a wannabe faerie fag
>>
>>54474000
>They make it explicit in the text that Harmony is a matter of the Werewolf's personal beliefs, and thus whether or not they're breaking the Oath isn't gonna be a yes or no for every woof in the same situation.
>If it weren't a matter of personal belief, the Oath section wouldn't talk about the different interpretations that different woofs/tribes have of it

I didnt mean harmony as the mechanics but socially wise.
>>
>>54477150

Have you though about making the Tremere?
>>
>>54478749
Tremere are now a subsplat that twists gnosis into something else. And have Legacy like things called Houses.

They arnt a legacy anymore in 2e
>>
>>54478749
Eh, they're a bit weird, especially in 2e as we don't know that much about them. I can take a look, but it's honestly easier to just try and update other 1e Legacies
>>
>>54478749
Tremere are overdone.
>>
File: golden age of piracy.png (121KB, 616x753px) Image search: [Google]
golden age of piracy.png
121KB, 616x753px
So, Mage and Geist pirates are now officially a thing. Rejoice! <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I1HICfXbFBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>54480271
delete this
>>
>>54480271
...How many of the people writing this will be shoehorn wielding nutters?
>>
>>54480271
mage fucking sucks and is going to ruin a perfectly good geist era
>>
>>54480271
And how much of the first Dark Eras hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>54470790
Are they servants of Huitzilopochti or something?
>>
>>54470790
I'm still trying to work out why he thought it was a good idea to hand out paradox free single ability magespells to the werebeasts.
>>
File: 2797918-ericshootingad_season4.jpg (20KB, 348x468px) Image search: [Google]
2797918-ericshootingad_season4.jpg
20KB, 348x468px
Hey guys I am new to the setting and vampires in general. How do cod vampires compare to trueblood vampires since that is the only vampire fiction I've seen.
>>
>>54481104
Well, they're very much vampires, and life sucks one fuck of a lot more for the CoD vampires, and they've got a lot of fucky powers that True Blood vampires don't. Oh, and while older is better, they can drop in power pretty easily.
>>
>>54477150
Have you done the Illuminated path yet?
>>
File: 1498866893809.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1498866893809.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
>>54480271
>Mage pirate supplement
Dave is going to be developing and writing it, right? Mage isn't going to wind up at the mercy of some trash writer, right?
>>
a while back magefags were dicking over fictional wizards power levels, what was the name of that anime one with power over all fiction or some shit like that?
>>
>>54481790
Would easily destroy any shitty archmage
>>
>>54481492
Considering the fact he isn't even writing Mage/Deviant era, I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>54481104
The average True blood vampire is a million times stronger than the average cod vampire. I doubt there is a single cod vampire that can beat Eric in a fight let alone that fairy/vampire hybrid guy or Billith
>>
>>54481969
CoD vampires cant fly either..
>>
>>54481988
>what is Protean discipline
>>
>>54480271
Mage supremacy wins again
>>
What do you think of the new eras?
>>
So I was reading Fighting styles merits and came upon Heavy Weapons. It's first dot:
>Sure Strike (•): Your character doesn’t always hit the
>hardest or the most frequently, but she guarantees a deadly
>strike when she does hit. You can reflexively remove three
>dice from any attack dice pool (to a minimum of zero) to add
>one to your character’s weapon damage rating for the turn.
>These dice must be removed after calculating any penalties
>from the environment or the opponent’s Defense.
Why is such useless manoeuvre even included in book? I can imagine it being used only by someone who doesn't know basic maths.
>>
>>54482486
Arthur: *Ideal* for Mage and Changeling (Dave has some ideas about the era already).
20s: Mage (Admitedly solely because of Fantastic Beasts) + Hunter (Pulp heroes).

That's a lot of Mage, but instead of flatout vote, I hope that someone expands the Arthur/20s and more importantly the Revolution era (Formation of the Free Council) to include Mage. That would mean that 4 eras would have Mage present in them. Even so, it would still be alright, considering that in the first Dark Eras, Werewolf, Promethean, Geist and Demon also had 4 in the core book + companion and Changeling managed to get 4 in the core book alone.
>>
>>54481492

Dave's not developing the Mage / Deviant crossover chapter despite being the actual developer for both Mage and Deviant.

Don't be surprised if we soon hear an announcement that Dave's no longer developing either line, or worse, taking time off from writing for OPP completely. Given his virtual silence, late releases and mysterious personal problems, who knows what the future holds for Dave and WW.

Per one of the DE2 Kickstarter updates:

"Hi! My name is Monica Valentinelli and I am the overseeing developer for Dark Eras 2. I’ll also be developing individual chapters like Light of the Golden Sun for Deviant: The Renegade and Mage: The Awakening set during the Italian Renaissance."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/1937944
>>
>>54482361
True blood vampires dont change into bats fuck face.
>>
>>54483305
I hope nobody is dying in his family or something
>>
>>54483497
You might get 1-2 days off if a relative died you wouldnt be given 8 months leave just cos somebody fucking died.

If its such a fucking big problem, be a man and step down already.
>>
>>54483497
You act like OPP runs anything like a sane, normal business. How long as the lead dev for Wraith20 been having family issues after his mom passed away? Not that I don't have pity for him, that's a shitty situation, but it's been a couple years now?
>>
>>54481834
Lol, wet dreams of weebs. How cute.
>>
>>54483788
>Owod
Well yeah they hate old world. no one wants to write for it because they don't own it
>>
>>54483935
And yet it's had more releases than NWoD has for a long time. Also, not writing for it is the surest way to get ALL of their licenses revoked, considering their Beckett's Jyhad Diary is the basis for V5's metaplot.
>>
>>54483968
HAHA get mad
Why would anyone want to work on a project they can't profit from? onyx doesn't own old. therefore it;s not worth the effort. Go talk to DRACULA if you want anything old done.
>>
>>54484031
That or Phil THRUSTING COCK m20
>>
>>54483305
>Monica Valentinelli
Is she trash?
>>
>>54477150

Thanks anon.
>>
>>54484031
Of course. Don't make your goals for OWoD, and Paradox will pull all your licenses. OPP doesn't own NWoD, shitface.
>>
>>54472798
It's funny that you call me crazy, but repeat everything I said word in word.
>>
>>54484164
>Develops own product
>Doesn't own it
Are you retarded?
>>
>>54484237
>>
>>54484223
They don't, they only license it.
>>
>>54474882
What is that rule?
>>
>>54484048
Father's Thrusting Cock is all OPP, anon. OPP and CCP since it was approved pre-Paradox purchase.
>>
>>54483318
With Protean Vampire can simply grow wings, faggot. So CoD vampires actually can fly.
>>
>>54484223
You should really educate yourself.
OPP owns: Scion, the Trinity stuff, and a couple of other things.
Paradox owns the entirety of both WoD games and Exalted.
OPP develops and writes and publishes as a licensee.

Many of us think that their eventually loss of the IP licenses is why they're pushing things like shitty cat/dog RPGs.
>>
File: FishMalk.jpg (9KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
FishMalk.jpg
9KB, 213x236px
>ITT OldFag complains about his dying game
>>
>>54477231
>Not using imperial magic to travel back and time and be the dog that she fucked.
Why even archmage?
>>
File: BlackFlag.jpg (245KB, 1515x520px) Image search: [Google]
BlackFlag.jpg
245KB, 1515x520px
Pirate Mages has been done to death already
>>
>>54477344
>weed
I started reading because of this and was then disappointed you weren't asking why vampires don't get weed legalized.
>>
>>54483748
Dying doesn't mean dead yet. A wife or parent dying slowly of cancer can impact day to day functioning and have a major impact on attitude. I mean odds are the real issue is monetary, probably main job concerns from him since OPP work is all freelance and can't really support anyone.
>>
>>54481969
>The average True blood vampire is a million times stronger than the average cod vampire

I'm not sure if you're retarded or just trying to start something here.
>>
>>54486191
Physical strength.
>>
>>54484418
Show me one actual example of Pirate Mages
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.