[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 26

File: 1499645427824.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499645427824.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
Previous thread: >>54450836
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
No question this time, just for the love of all that is holy stop shitposting.
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54454215

Is everything supposed to be this cheesed in Imperial Mysteries?
>>
>>54455589
Yes.
>>
>>54455527

Not on this scale. You're talking about the difference between being able to fill up your car and operating an oil refinery.

Gathering and storing and forcing the flow of that much essence would be an act of Imperial magic unto itself.

Honestly, this sort of grand transfiguration and transformation would be the sort of thing worthy of Sealing an Omen, not some paltry singular spell; turn yourself into a god as a part of your path to Ascension.
>>
I cant find many owod books in the pastebin, coudl you share your alternative trove links? If you have any?
>>
>>54455635
Try this trove: https://mega.nz/#F!2RE2XTjB!vrWGll5A8A4pLa9f9zA-nQ!nZMilD5a
>>
>>54455635
And tis one... https://mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw!taY23KBa
>>
>>54455613
>Honestly, this sort of grand transfiguration and transformation would be the sort of thing worthy of Sealing an Omen, not some paltry singular spell; turn yourself into a god as a part of your path to Ascension.

I believe the anon was speaking of giving his Archmage godly Influences, not actually turning himself into a god.
The Archmage might as well also use Transfiguration to turn himself into an Essence producing wizard.
>>
File: Hunter the Vigil.png (160KB, 1080x920px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter the Vigil.png
160KB, 1080x920px
>>
>>54455677
Isn't the whole point of Transfiguration that the only difference between it and Ascended godly powers is that it requires quintessence to pull off?
>>
>>54455687
TBF Vampires are easily the weakest supernatural splat.
>>
>>54455677
Not all gods are Supernal in nature either. There's no need to involve Omens when trying to snag rank 8 Influences.
>>
>>54455677

The sheer amounts of Essence pouring into (and out of) Rank 8 entities at any given moment is drawn from a global scale. Turning yourself into an Essence generator capable of matching that - assuming you even could - would turn you into a walking spiritual nuclear bomb; devastating the local Shadow with the force of a tidal wave; overwriting all other Resonances in favour of your own.

Even assuming you succeeded in this massively counter-productive effort, expect the arrival of fellow Archmages to put a stop to it. Swiftly.
>>
>>54455677
Pretty sure fuckery of that degree breaks the Pax.
>>
>>54455709
They really are.
>>
If all (Or almost all) Hunter: the Vigil tactics could be used alone, how would that change Hunter's power level?
>>
>>54455717
The spirit ecosystem? Transfiguration would last long enough to form your own within your Golden Road / Chantry.

>assuming you even could
Wouldn't Transfiguration be enough?

>>54455732
If the Seeker abuses his newly gained powers, definitely. He won't be stupid enough to do that.
>>
>>54455717
Not really there's one entente that focuses on becoming their favored arcana.
>>
>>54455820
Becoming, not destroying just by being nearby.
>>
>>54455717
I don't recall anything about that much Essence being used regarding rank 8 Influences. Not even close.
>>
Can we have a /wodg/ that isn't magefags?
>>
>>54455883
no
>>
>>54455883
We tried. We got /x/fags and tumblr shitting everywhere
>>
>>54455883
We had several. It was horrific.
>>
>>54455906
Fair enough, I suppose the magefags do defend us from even greater autism.
>>
>>54455831
that essentially means replicating spits equal to their own rank. That doesn't mean he absorb essence from places.
>>
>>54455909
What was so bad about them?
>>
>>54455787

It'd not be an ecosystem in your soul, is the thing; it'd be a vast, terrible monoculture, dedicated to whatever nature you gave it through your choices. Pity help you if you ever decide that you made a bad choice.

Also, it'd mean you couldn't go anywhere outside your soul, personally, ever again. So... Y'know. Hope you don't need any Quintessences or anything.

As for Transfiguration... It might not be. Even Imperial spells are limited by spell factors.

>>54455820

As >>54455831 said, they do so by becoming a part of it, not by becoming walking spiritual tidal waves.

>>54455842

That's because IM doesn't detail it; it doesn't actually say what the cost of using that level of Influence would be.
>>
>>54455918
Except that as >>54455717, it would fuck with the resonances of other spirits.
>>
>>54455921
Plaestine/Isreal + jews + arabs, People who get offended at the word autism, and even a guy who actually believes in magic.
>>
>>54455921
Whenever somebody made an attempt to cut off the magefags, either by putting "NO MAGEFAGGOTRY ALLOWED" in the OP or by trying to falseflag and create a Mages only general in a separate thread, it backfired and just made the magefags worse.
>>
>>54455942
That's not necessarily true you can have a spirit template that doesn't do that.
>>
>>54455717
Would that really matter if the Archmage didn't go back to the material world?
>>
>>54455923
>Even Imperial spells are limited by spell factors.
Was referring more to the 'do anything you so desire' aspect of Transfiguration.

Though all of this is news to me. Would Assumption (if it even exists) be a good alternative for setting yourself up an Essence refinery? IM never actually tells you how much longer the final Practice lasts.
>>
>>54455963
How?
>>
>>54455997
Yes, because how else will you get shit done?
>>
>>54455957
Okay this might be a bad idea to ask but how did the Israel/Palestine stuff come up? I can see the other two but that makes no sense.
>>
>>54456004
Assumption just straight up lets you Ascend.
>>
>>54456026
Brucato cut the Lions of Zion.
>>
Hold on, does the Pax apply to imperial spells remaining within your golden road?
>>
>>54456054
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>54456033
It's not mandatory though
>>
>>54456013
You can alter yourself so you bend with the surrounding environment so you gain influence and numina based on surroundings.
>>
>>54456096
Yeah but why would you not want to?
>>
>>54456099
Fair enough, but that's a lot more limited than giving yourself basically all the influences, which was the original idea.
>>
>>54456105
Some Archmages just don't feel like it, be it fear or other such reasons.

Just look at Aldous.
>>
>>54456054
In the most Please-Don't-Jump-On-This, shitpost-avoiding possible way, why'd he do that?
>>
>>54456117
Who's Aldous?
>>
>>54456105
What's so special about Ascending anyway?
>>
>>54456114
If it was just a singular Influence then, just how epidemic would it be?

Would an Archmage giving herself all the Influences of Luna spell disaster as much as having an entirely *new* set of Influences that haven't been seen on such a scale before?
>>
>>54456138
Just godhood. Nothing too special.
>>
>>54456125
He thought a combative group of Jews would be too hot of a topic.
>>
>>54456114
You don't need all influences. That I agree would probably be an issue. But just a rank 8 spirit wouldn't be an issue. However transfiguration is a blunt as fuck tool that'll get people angry at you.

>>54456159
that and being part of the highest realm in the universe.
>>
>tfw no Nimue gf
>>
>>54456138
You become a living concept, a fundamental part of reality.

>>54456135
An Archmage of Archmages. He can do shit even they can't. But he's pre-Imperial Mysteries. So maybe not as canon anymore. He turned back from Ascension.
>>
>>54456165
Ah.
>>
>>54456105
Ascension is a magical even horizon there is no going back.

Regardless of what your personal feeling are about the exarchs or the oracles or what is the right course of action for reality you no longer have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines. You're in for an eternity of conflict across all of time and space.
>>
>>54456176
>You become a living concept, a fundamental part of reality.
I don't see the appeal. I would rather stay on earth where I can fuck things.
>>
>>54456176
Wait, if he's pre-IM how is he even in MtAw? What book is he from?
>>
>>54456189
You could become the embodiment of fucking things.
>>
>>54456159
Ascension is if anything a step above god hood.
>>
>>54456176
Aldous is mentioned a couple times in Imperial Mysteries.

>>54456190
Keys to the Supernal Tarot
>>
>>54456196
Only if it was sexy fucking. I don't want to be the embodiment of some desperate loser fucking a drunk landwhale.
>>
>>54456183
That's not true. I mean you can particate if you want but your lustrum can't really be attacked. It's a win state.
>>
>>54456219
Gonna have to read that now.
>>
>>54456232
But you can't really defend yourself either. You're in permanent stasis as an Ascended being.
>>
>>54456190
"Keys to the Supernal Tarot" I believe. What Aldous is, is hard to define. This maybe an editorial error because they still hadn't decided what an archamage could do yet is 1e or it could be a story hook for an archmage game.

Perhaps Aldous has achieved assumption multiple times, maybe he's an Ochemata of an ascended master, hell maybe he's from the time before and just imagined his backstory.
>>
Posting again for the new thread
Would anybody be interested in a Werewolf 2e game?
I'm looking for 1 more player, to, ideally, play an Ithaeur Bone Shadow(we already have one of every other auspice and tribe, and I'm a fan of rounding things out, but it's not necessary).
>Game is set in Portland, Oregon
>PC Woofs know each other through University of Portland
>Game is starting with the Pack having recently formed
>Nobody else in the group has ever played cofd before(I've played a few games and run a few games, but I apparently have the patience of a saint so I'm fine with teaching them as we play).
>Saturdays, Noon-3PM, roughly, GMT -7
>Rats#9479
>IC text through roll20, OOC voice through Discord
>Yiff is ban, no awoo, $250 fine
>>
>>54455997

Only if you don't mind not attaining any Quintessences personally.

>>54456004

Achieving the 10th dot in an Arcanum may as well be a plot device. I don't think even the manifestations of the Exarchs wield that.

>>54456058

As long as they solely remain within your Golden Road, the Pax does not apply. The Pax only applies to actions within the Tellurian and to Rites of Imperium.
>>
File: jeanettecosplay3.jpg (100KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
jeanettecosplay3.jpg
100KB, 1024x674px
IMAGE-board
>>
>>54456251
Yes you can. Ascended beings are gods they can create and cast spells. They can make orchmata to effect the world. Trying to attack them in their body is insane. It's why the exharchs have never had an enemy come in.
>>
>>54456275
>implying people on /tg/ play games instead of bitch about shit all day.

Real talk, I'm juggling too many games right now as it is. You may have more luck on the official forums, roll20, the subreddit, or god forbid rpg.net.
>>
>>54456304
>Ascended beings are gods they can create and cast spells

Yes, but how the hell are they going to get Quintessence if they can't leave the Supernal? Or do they just not need it?

I remember Dave mentioning that they don't affect anything in the Fallen, which is why I'm assuming they can't do anything other than sit in their thrones.
>>
File: Image0001.jpg (1MB, 1596x2313px) Image search: [Google]
Image0001.jpg
1MB, 1596x2313px
>>54456292
This is an NPC ogre from my Changeling game, Cazadore. Hes a hedge sherpa.
>>
>>54456338
Isn't making Ochemata a 8 dot Practice? Now make that an infinite amount. Ascendants clearly don't need Quintessence if they can crap out that many sub-souls.

There's your answer.
>>
If ascended mages don't need quintessence, then why are the exarchs even in a war.

or is the Pax literally that tight?
>>
>>54456465

The Ascended ostensibly need Quintessences too. And even if they didn't, Imperial magic isn't even the grandest power they have; that goes to the Rites of Imperium. Those require you to take action in the Fallen World, not just faff about in the Supernal.
>>
I'm writing a bit of backstory for a megalomaniac Ventrue in VtR, but I came across the En bloodline in my reading.

Would it be reasonable that the Ventrue succeeded in overpower the En and subsequently diablerized her, only for the now-destroyed En's alu to make the same symbiotic relationship with her rogue? Or is that not something that can happen?
>>
>>54456499
What if the ascended have 10 dots in an Arcanum like the siddha assume the exarchs have?

why do they need ochemata like the general fellow or the chancellor if this is the case?

I know not all are going to have 10 dots but still.
>>
>>54456569
Probably because the Siddha are wrong.
I bet the Exarchs don't even have access to Transfiguration.

They cheated with the Celestial Ladder.
If an Ascended mage/Archmage had Assumption, we would probably be under his/her heel.
>>
>>54456465
That's the exact question you're supposed to ask as a player.

Why is there any dissent at all? Why do the exarchs need middlemen? etc.

Perhaps they aren't as all powerful as the Seers claim. Maybe the Oracles are real and have been opposing them from the start. Maybe they're too busy bickering with each other to really put the boot down. Perhaps The Gate has gone rogue and everyone is too scared to commit to anything until they figure out what that crazy fucker is up to. etc.

It's your game and your story choose what you want.
>>
>>54456499
Wait, what's the difference between Imperial Magic and Rites of Imperium anyway?
>>
File: Brucato Lions Zion.png (21KB, 494x210px) Image search: [Google]
Brucato Lions Zion.png
21KB, 494x210px
>>54456165
>>54456125
>He thought a combative group of Jews would be too hot of a topic.

With "combative" largely defined as the banal support for Jewish national self-determination, i.e., Zionism.

Brucato continuously insists on inclusion of virtually every minority group he can squeeze in the books, no matter their background, but Jews (and anyone else) who supports Israel is just far to triggering for him and his ilk.

In any event, the rules and setting changes, no less the writing and editorial oversight, of M20 is so egregiously piss poor that the book and supplements are no more useful than paperweights, all without consideration of Brucato's casual and virulent antisemitism (that's apparently shared with RichT, the "Creative Director" and owner of OPP).

>The Jews obviously got to Brucato or he wouldn't need a Patreon to beg for money to pay his rent...
>>
>>54456650
Rites are an accumulation of the Practices, I believe. Or what you do with them, rather.
>>
>>54456684
I know you're just trying to talk about stuff, but can we please not do this again?
>>
Ok, there's never more than a hundred Seekers at a time.
Surely they would have cataloged those who've actually managed to cast Assumption.

I'm convinced it doesn't actually exist, and that the Siddha are just fucking retarded. Nine dots is it.
>>
>>54456631

Shhh..., I shouldn't be telling you this, but DaveB and the Gate are the same entity.

>Woe be to us all
>>
>>54456689
Okay now I'm really confused. I probably need to reread Imperial Mysteries, but until I do that could you explain how that works?
>>
>>54456710
Would there even be a Mage's Book of World Records?

Would there even be an Archmage edition?
>>
>>54456650
>>54456717

The Rites of Imperium are how Archmasters seal Omens so they can Ascend. Each one is not an Imperial spell but, rather, a brute-force rewriting of reality by affecting how the symbology of the Supernal interacts with the Fallen World.

Imperial spells might create self-aware magic, even new supernatural templates. Rites of Imperium rewrite the entirety of the world; changing history, guiding Bound to Ascend, etc.

Fucking up slightly on a Rite of Imperium can see the continents change shape.
>>
Ok so i am reading all i can about Requiem to start my first campaign. I read all the covenant books and secrets of the covenants (it sucked), blood sorcery and Damnation city.

Should i read ghouls? Or any other books? I will be using 2E Core.

Any good city book anyone can recommend?
>>
>>54456710
>there's never more than a hundred Seekers at a time.

There's no cap or quota on archmasters. It's just so difficult to attain such a state and then not fuck up reality so badly that others equally or more powerful than you erase from existence, that there are few beings of this power level as a simple practical matter.

Since reality, time and memory alter upon an mage's ascension (in a manner similar to when they breach the Threshold), no one really knows how many mages have actually ascended over time.
>>
File: hnnngggg.jpg (77KB, 500x1221px) Image search: [Google]
hnnngggg.jpg
77KB, 500x1221px
>>54456714

Fuck, the truth hurts.
>>
>>54456631

Maybe archmages are a mistake and there shouldnt exist in my mage campaign.
>>
File: DaveB Archmage Christianity.png (49KB, 1554x350px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB Archmage Christianity.png
49KB, 1554x350px
>>54456765
>Fucking up slightly on a Rite of Imperium can see the continents change shape.

I like the tidbit in Imperial Mysteries where the ascent of Christianity was a mistake by an archmaster which he promises to one day correct.
>>
>>54456710
I think Aldous is a perfect example of an Archmage who has reached Assumption.

I'm only saying this because he's explicitly above even normal Archmages.

But again, he's pre-Imperial Mysteries and is quite contradictory.
>>
>>54456714
Nah DaveB is clearly The Komodo. Exarch of mage supremacy. This general is an elaborate ruse to harness the energy of countless shit posts and finalize his spell over reality.
>>
>>54456814
>which he promises to one day correct

Clearly he won't.
>>
File: Komodo Dragon 1.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo Dragon 1.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>>54456714
>DaveB and the Gate are the same entity.

I knew Dave was an oppressive Exarch, but I didn't realize he was *that* Exarch.

Well, we're fucked!
>>
Is there any way to play as an ascended archmage?
>>
Who the fuck is 'the gate'?
>>
File: golly.png (24KB, 740x328px) Image search: [Google]
golly.png
24KB, 740x328px
>>54456829
I am a pawn in DaveB's master plan to Ascend?

...I'm flattered, truly I am. I could almost blush.
>>
>>54456855
Not really. It's essentially the win state for the game.
>>
>>54456820
Is Aldous the Dumbledore of Awakening? I have yet to touch the book he's in.
>>
>>54456875
I know but they're not omnipotent, and they have powers so why couldn't they be a playable thing, it could be interesting.
>>
File: TheGateExarch.png (104KB, 421x761px) Image search: [Google]
TheGateExarch.png
104KB, 421x761px
>>54456858
>Who the fuck is 'the gate'?

One does not speak of the Ga.....
>>
>>54456858
The 11th Exarch. Who sealed himself off into the abyss and prevented it from destroying reality after the other 10 seized control of the supernal.

It's implied in the seers of the throne book that the other exarchs are afraid of him but it's not clear why. Perhaps he's utterly insane, or maybe he's more powerful than the other ten.

What I've always found curious is that the Aeons the representatives of the the arcana in the astral are all massive jackasses. Perhaps this is due to the influence of the exarchs. The exception is the old man aeon of the abyss. He's actually quite pleasant and yet there is something utterly unnatural and terrifying about being in his presence.
>>
>>54456914

What happens when you speak to The Gate in you dreams?

I'd love to the stats for a Prelate of the Gate? Would such a mage even be a Scelesit?
>>
Has this entire thread been about Mages?
>>
>>54457031
All threads are secretly about Mages.
>>
File: Aldous.png (485KB, 733x921px) Image search: [Google]
Aldous.png
485KB, 733x921px
Here you go. This is Aldous. Evidently the strongest mage/Archmage/whatever in the Awakening canon.

He's pretty damn outdated at the moment.

>>54456889
He does have a magnificent beard.

>>54456975
>the old man aeon of the abyss
AKA Voormas
>>
>>54457048
Even the ones about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
>>
>>54457031

No, there's also been some Hunter, Vampire and Werewolf talk.

However, you're free to raise any topic you want to discuss.

>Topic Choice Supremacy
>>
>>54457031
I'd rather it be about mage than any of the alternatives.
>>
>>54457067
>Even the ones about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

>The Lions of Zion mages that were excluded from M20 was the impetus for the I/P discussions.
>>
>>54457089
Fair enough.
>>
>>54457060
>'Aldous is an archmage, but he's beyond considerations of what that means in terms of what magic can and cannot do.'

What does this even mean?
>>
>>54457074
What do you have against the other splats?
>>
>>54457107
I mean the off topic shitposting.
>>
File: ss (2014-07-23 at 11.47.43).jpg (109KB, 753x612px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-07-23 at 11.47.43).jpg
109KB, 753x612px
>>54457016
There is a legacy for worshiping the Gate and they are basically "pruning the garden of reality".

They can step into a threshold of the Gate, the precipice between the fallen world and the abyss and use it to selectively open access points for the abyss.

I actually ran a game where the main plot revolved around two mages, A worshipper of the gate and an incredibly powerful Austere of the GotV trapped in that "Place Between". The GotV had built a massive clockwork city that existed as a seal for a massive breach the Worshiper of the gate had made and it was slowly starting to slip.

Pic related. Phosphorus was one of my players
>>
>>54457031
This general is usually Mage central.
>>
>>54457131
Why?
>>
>>54457104
Probably multiple degree assumption. He's a Supernal god chilling in the tellurian.
>>
>>54457104
He's an Archmage to Archmages.
>>
>>54457151
So he's practically a genius?
>>
>>54457150
Because the vast majority of other splatfags have fled to other sites. Magefags stay here. I don't really know why normal players of other splats only rarely try to start their own discussions here.
>>
>>54457258
What other sites?
>>
>>54457016
Bad things. People who fiddle with the abyss are generally too dumb to live. Being a 'Baalim' a scelestus that is actively recruiting other mages to join him and his legacy is literally the worst crime in the book for the pentacle.

Hell, eliminating a Qliphoth (a scelesti that's become an iris to the abyss) is such a priority that the pentacle and the seers might even work together.
>>
>>54457276
OPP Forums, RPG.net.
>>
>>54457303
Are they as autistic as 4chan?
>>
>>54457310
Yes.
>>
>>54457321
In what way cause I'm going to assume it's not the same as here?
>>
>>54457060

How would I update this guy over to Imperial Mysteries?
>>
File: RPG.net magnified 1000x.jpg (74KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
RPG.net magnified 1000x.jpg
74KB, 698x400px
>>54457310
RPGnet at it's best is 100x worse then 4chan at it's most mind numbingly autistic.
>>
>>54457334
Basically the antithesis of here. Magehating, extremist lefters, OPP and WW dicksucking, etc.
>>
>>54457337
What as an NPC? He's too powerful to even bother stat'ing.
>>
>>54457337
He's already mentioned in Imperial Mysteries. Apparently he's a Bodhisattva.

He would have multiple Arcana at 10 dots.
>>
>>54457362
Imperial Mysteries also says he might've already ascended.
>>
>>54457395
Yes, there's that. He got over his fear somehow. Maybe he still has an Ochemata in his favorite little cave.
>>
File: super wizard.png (311KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
super wizard.png
311KB, 350x497px
Ummm, one of Aldous' plot-points is that he can Awaken -anyone- if they ask. On a whim.
They also don't turn into Banishers, which is a nigh-absolute probability with normal Archmasters.

This implies that he has all Arcana at ten dots, though it sounds insane.
The guy is a Grand High Archmage, if I had to give him any title.
>>
>>54456769
Nah you should be good to go maybe Hurt Locker if you're planning a lot of combat. Also, I'd skip 1knights if you were thinking about it.
>>
>>54457471
If I were to give him I title it would just be "Archmaster", since he's mastered all of the Arcana at 10 dots. And I would have regular Archmages just be called Archmages, instead of the two being interchangeable terms.

Also, how would a Sleeper be in a position to ask him to Awaken them? Does he go back to earth for coffee and donuts?
>>
>>54457557
>Also, how would a Sleeper be in a position to ask him to Awaken them? Does he go back to earth for coffee and donuts?
He lives in a cave on earth.
>>
>>54457557
Wouldn't be easier just to assume he's an ascended who's either found a way to return to earth or has an unusually potent ochemata?
>>
>>54457591
Its specifically mentions he turned away from ascending, so yeah that would be dumb to assume.
>>
>>54457600
He Ascended as of Imperial Mysteries.

If he's still in the cave, it's probably an Ochemata with 10 dots in every Arcana.
>>
>>54457604
Aren't Ochemata temporary?
>>
>>54457616
No. They can also be of any power you desire.

I'm pretty sure, at least.
>>
How the fuck does an Archmaster get all Arcana at ten dots? Aldous is only a couple centuries old.

Does he have an IQ of 1000 or something?
>>
>>54457616
No, they can be as long lasting as you want them to be.

>>54457657
He's an oddity in the universe. That's always been the case with the game.
>>
>>54457657
It's never stated word-for-word that he has all Arcana at ten dots.
It's just that he's explicitly beyond what other Archmages are capable of.

The fact that he can turn anyone into a Mage just reinforces that he might have mastered the Arcana to their fullest extent.
Even Imperial Mysteries makes remarks that he might be something strange indeed.

What we -do- know is that he was a Mastigos in the GotV during his youth/past, and that he Ascended via soul shenanigans.
He was human, a mage, an archmage, and something more. A truly bizarre individual.
>>
Feedback requested on new character. Looking for ways to make him generate conflict without making him evil.

Little Morpheus

Virtue: Playful/Wise
Vice: Proud
Aspirations: Protect And Teach Those In Need, Inspire Grandiose Dreams, Explore And Have Adventures

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 8, Stamina 6
Social Attributes: Presence 6, Manipulation 8, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 2, Investigation 3, Medicine 1, Occult (Astral) 4, Athletics 3, Firearms 2, Stealth 2, Survival 3, Weaponry (Sword) 2, Empathy (Hidden Potential) 4, Expression (Acting, Wisdom) 5, Persuasion (Diplomacy) 4, Socialize (Adventures) 3, Subterfuge 2

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Astral, Adventures), Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Astral, Adventures), Professional Training 5 (Muse: Expression, Persuasion, Empathy), Virtuous 2, Inspiring 3, Iron Will 2, Safe Place 1 (Tree House In Astral Verge), Table Turner 1, Fighting Finesse 1 (Sword)

Willpower: 25
Defense: 9
Initiative: 16
Speed: 15
Health: 10 (Size 4)
Potency: 9

Dread Powers: Fabricate (Swords And Revolvers), Gatecrash (Astral), Immortal, Influence (Wisdom 1, Inspiration 1), Numen (Dream Shaping, Pocket Dimension), Surprise Entrance, Vanish
>>
>>54457718
He also can't act selfishly with his powers. He purposely modeled his mind to be humble in thought.

He's the nicest most powerful wizard you will ever meet, as well as completely unassuming in appearance. A rugged old man living in a cave.
>>
File: Sage.jpg (190KB, 1122x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
190KB, 1122x1800px
>>54457752

He's the stereotypical old hermit living in the mountain that knows everything and more.
>>
>>54457752

Don't forget the awesome, perfectly groomed beard.

Facial hair of that caliber has at least a Gnosis 12.
>>
>>54457752
I suppose he represents the opposite of downfall by hubris. Untold power, but nice and humble.
>>
>>54456701
Why wouldn't we point out the blatant hypocrisy and tokenism at OPP? I'm Jewish and I think this faux-liberal shit is leading to a lot of real hatred and violence against us for no reason.

If OPP really cared about minorities they wouldn't deflect so heavily about Jews and Israel.
>>
>>54457812
I never thought of that. That is a rather big contrast with the core theme of the game. I like it.
>>
>>54457738
>Looking for ways to make him generate conflict without making him evil.
This will be on your ST a bit, but him being playful and wanting to protect people in need should generate lots of conflict, as long as there are consequences and ramifications he isn't taking seriously. Which can also generate conflict with the other PCs.
>>
>>54457826
Because we don't give a shit. Go bitch about it on Facebook.
>>
>>54457802

>Beard Supremacy
>>
>>54457738
Why don't you want him to be evil?
>>
>>54457850
>Because we don't give a shit.

We? You only speak for yourself.
>>
>>54457850
Clearly someone does, since we had 2 solid generals about it.
>>
>>54456275

DID YOU LIFT THE BAN ON MAGES

CAN MY THYRSUS HANG OUT WITH YOUR WOOFS
>>
>>54457865
>>54457850
I don't actually care but do think people should know that Phil Brucato is a piece of shit and RichT enables his behavior.
>>
>>54457858
Razors serve the lie.
>>
>>54457876
This isn't news to anyone.
>>
>>54457826
>False Flag: the post
>>
>>54457843
That makes sense, thank you.

>>54457863

Because it goes against the personality I wrote for him, and because I want a change of pace.
>>
If I wanted to use True Fae in a Tier 4 Chronicle would I use Equinox Roads or Imperial Mysteries?
>>
>>54457941
I dunno, sometimes the message gets out to someone new, so its important to let people know, even more so now that some college anons may be home for the summer.
>>
>>54457959
Nope. I'm an actual, real-life Jew. You can't just scream false flag about opinions you don't want to believe exist.
>>
>>54458026
Probably both, Imperial Mysteries is a bit light on fluff for 'Old Gods of the Thistle'. Though the game of immortals in the back of Equinox Roads kind of implies that winners 'ascend' to some where. I usually run with that's where they go is off to be 'Old Gods of the Thistle'.
>>
>>54458055
If you're a real jew, show us your bag of jew gold that every jew carries.
>>
File: but why.png (152KB, 338x399px) Image search: [Google]
but why.png
152KB, 338x399px
>>54458084
>>
>>54458111
And not that fake bag of jew gold that Jews carry to keep the real bag from getting stolen
>>
>>54458147
Wouldn't it be more appropriate for them to carry around silver?
>>
>>54457616
Ochemata can outlive their creators so no.
>>
Okay, so don't talk to the Gate in my dreams. Got it. Quick question, what happens if I fuck her in my dreams?
>>
>>54457718
So he's the hieromagus and doesn't want to make a fuss?
>>
>>54458026
You would use Equinox Roads. The 6+ charts in Imperial Mysteries are only there for ease of use.
>>
>>54458214
Your dick gets turned into an Iris to the abyss.
>>
>>54458214
You get blown up from too much eldritch ecstasy.

You ejaculate your soul into her while she devours it whole.

It is YOU who got fucked.
>>
File: The Abyss is my waifu.jpg (63KB, 578x604px) Image search: [Google]
The Abyss is my waifu.jpg
63KB, 578x604px
>>54458214
Don't listen to these other anons, Gate-chan is a pure waifu.
>>
>>54458239
>if you fug the Gate your benis turns into a vagoo
>>
>>54458219
It would be hilarious if he was.
>>
>>54458247
>It is YOU who got fucked.
Hot.
>>
File: Gate-chan.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gate-chan.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>54458214
>>54458239
>>54458247
>>54458250
>>
>>54458253
It's not like anon had much to work with to begin with.
>>
>>54458147
>And not that fake bag of jew gold that Jews carry to keep the real bag from getting stolen

Silly Anon, us wily Jews have moved into the 21st Century.
>>
>>54458247

> Abyssgasm
>>
>>54458284
>Popularized by 'Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow' episode number 908 of South Park, Jew Gold is the gold contained in a small bag that is hung around every Jewish man and womans neck. Every Jewish man and woman also carries a fake bag filled with rocks or other heavy items so it will be perceived as the real jew gold.
Don't try to get out of this anon, we know the truth.
>>
>>54458299
>anon-sempai turns down a street and sees an awful brawl going on
>he moves to rescue a cute asian girl from the violence
>now the General is stalking him and is causing bloodbaths wherever she goes
>>
>>54458271
>Aeon of Paradox is nice while Arcana Aeons are dickbags
Well, then it only makes sense that the Abyssal Exarch is the epitome of niceness and love while the Supernal ones are the selfish jerks to end all selfish jerks. Gate confirmed best CofD waifu.
>>
>>54458271
>Yandere Exarchs.

Never in my life have I wanted something so much and not known until I've first heard about it.
>>
That's it, next Awakening character will be a Seer whos goal is to woo and fuck The Gate. Maybe The General too.
>>
>>54458342
>not the cute gloomy goth girl Ruin
you ain't mah nigga
>>
The Gate sealed herself in the Abyss to save reality instead of becoming a reality tyrant. So pure. So selfless. She deserves to be worshiped.
>>
If Ascended assholes can spawn an infinite amount of Ochemata could they cover the earth with themselves?
>>
>>54458316
>>54458328
>>54458324

Are there any drawfags around? I need 11 pics of the exarchs as characters from a harem anime/dating sim.
>>
>all these exarchcucks
BALE HOUNDS RULE, SEERS DROOL
CARNALA A PURE
>>
>>54458376

Yes, the Exarchs and Oracles regularly have fallen world orgies numbering in the billions. You just never remember it because magic
>>
What's stopping the Gate from coming to the Fallen World in an Ochemata?
>>
>>54458425
She is a very modest girl
>>
>>54458425
There was gonna be a Gate Ochemeta in my Awakening game that never was.
FeelsBadMage.jpg
>>
>>54458383
We need a lewd innuendo on Pax Arcana for the title
>>
>>54458383
What would be Moon for 'The Tyrant-Gods should not be this thirsty!'?
>>
>>54458383
>>54458596
>You're the newest Ascendant transfer student at Golden Road highschool...
>>
>>54458596
'Pax - I wanna'?
>>
>Get on my level senpai.

The General- Tanned athletic Aggressive tomboy captain and chair of all the school sports clubs. Master of volleyball, track and field, swimming, archery, kendo, and boxing. Despite her gruff exterior has a hidden soft side for more delicate pursuits like dance or flower arrangement.

The Father- Classic beauty with a cool and distant personality High School tyrant and head of the student council. Despite coming from a minor family she's built strong connections within the local government and beyond. Deeply afraid of never stepping out of her older brother's shadow.

The Unity- Student council vice president and rival to the father. From an old and prosperous family and has been groomed from a young age for politics and to lead. In reality she want's nothing more than to live a simple life by the sea and start a family.

The Eye- Petite redhead who's head of the technology club. She can hack into anything and can keep tabs on anyone. She's earmarked for a prestigious university. But lately she's been wondering if there is something more to life.

The Chancellor- Head of the fashion club and daughter and heir to the wealthiest family in town. Beautiful and aristocratic. She lives a life of privilege and luxury. Deeply afraid of being married off to a man old enough to be her father to secure a business alliance. A bit innocent and idealistic. Still dreams of a prince charming she can give everything up for and run way with.

>1/2
>>
>>54458776
>2/2

The Nemesis- Cute Adventurous and cheerful adopted daughter of the local priestess. Plans to take over her families shrine someday after she's had her fill of adventure and wants to find someone to help out at the temple. She's also deeply ashamed that she's not a true heir to a superlative lineage of priests and is worried she isn't worthy of the position.

The Prophet- A rebelliously and slightly punky girls most of the student body has written her off as nothing but trouble. Actually from an accomplished family and for as long as she can remember her life has been planned out for her. She needs someone who won't write her off and believe in her. Maybe there's more to her than meets the eye.

The Ruin- A blonde foreign beauty who's family has moved into town. Appears ditzy and lost in the clouds but is actually really insightful and constantly scores in near the top of the class. Claims she dreams of opening her own fashion label. In reality she's a brilliant girl who wants to become an engineer but is scared no one will take her seriously.

The Psychopomp- A pale skinned beauty who's shunned by the student body due to a local superstition. In reality she's a sweet and caring girl who'd like nothing more to make some friends.

The Raptor- A giant of a personality and stature. One sided rival to the general. Not the brightest student and a little reckless and stubborn but she's endowed with massive assets of a different kind. Plus she's an amazing cook.

The Gate- Do you really want to fuck cthulhu?
>>
>>54458784
Gate should be true best girl.
>>
>>54458816
Not going for harem ending.

Come on senpai.
>>
>>54458776
>father
>She
literally the only one who's gender is literally set as male.
>>
>>54458596
Max Poonana?
>>
>>54458860
Cute trap option?
>>
>>54458784
>Do you really want to fuck cthulhu?
Yes. How is this even a question?
>>
>>54458868
Oooh I like that. Consider it stolen.
>>
>>54458860
Is there one who is set as female?
>>
>>54458911
don't know. But the writes of four of them are in seers.
>>
>>54458911
No. Concepts like sex, race, or age are meaningless to the exarchs. The Father is unique in that he's always a he.
>>
>>54458933
Okay, but I can fuck them, right?
>>
>>54459029
You can fuck whatever you want anon.
>>
>>54459041
Do you really mean it?
>>
there is no possible way rpg.net could be worse than this festering shithole
>>
>>54459487
MAGEFAGGOTRY
ARCHMAGES
REAL DEAL MAGIC
JEWS N' SHIT
MIDDLE EAST
CAINE
TRANSGENDERISM
GAY STUFF

Did I get it all?
>>
Does anyone here play Demon : the Descent at all, or does it have too little potential to antagonize for you to discuss it ?
>>
>>54458933
And that he's never spoken to his minister so who knows if that's true or not.
>>
File: Dis Nigga right here.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
Dis Nigga right here.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>54459487
>Thinking anything is worse then Cancer.net
>>
>>54459549
Just ran my second game of it tonight anon. Going kinda slow but it has more shit then Awakening to get sorted out.
>>
Just thinking about my Road Rage Anakim.

What if he could drop Chambers of his lair inside vehicles?

As long as it's hot, noisy and claustrophobic it's should be able to work.
>>
>>54459617
Yeah I see that, I guess it takes seasoned players that take the time to invest themselves in the rules a bit to be played efficiently
Does it have any collections of scenarii ?
Currently the only ideas I have for it are recycled James Bond plots

By the way, got around to watching Spectre yesterday and 007 is definitely a demon that has angel-jacked a super-spy cover
>>
>>54459584
He's probably speaking to others just not the minister in charge of the paternoster.

Dave if you're reading this, I want you to know that while hilarious it might be a little too on the nose.
>>
>>54459653
Have you checked out 'person of interest'?
>>
>>54459667
>person of interest
TV show is that it ?
>>
>>54459686
Yeah. Good fodder for story hooks.
>>
>>54459713
I'll check it out
I've heard good things about The Americans too, as far as spy stories go, but it might not display as many strokes of outlandish luck as more "action-y" shows and movies (which represent perfectly embeds imo)
>>
>>54459653
I run mine more heavily on the mystical side then the spy thriller side. The Invisibles, any of Tim Power's stuff, the DMC reboot weirdly enough, for the visual style more then anything. The Adjustment Bureau is pretty God Machine-y.
>>
>>54459653
>>54459782
Oh, Persona 3 to 5.Seriously take 5 replace Palaces with Infrastructure and Treasures with Lynchpins and you're good.
>>
>>54459840
>Persona
isn't that a JRPG ?
>>
>>54459850
It is in fact a JRPG.
>>
Is Mastigos the most hardcore path? I'm reading their bit in the corebook right now, and it's all about facing down demons and deities and inner struggles.
>>
>>54459859
>>54459782
Regardless, I'll check it out
Still a bit fuzzy about lynchpins to be honest, maybe that might give me ideas
>>
>>54459840
Actually wouldn't the Demons be the Personas?

Considering that you get a Persona by forming a Contract with it, this could make sense.
>>
>>54459880
Depends on your point of view. They tend to be the most disciplined and controlling.
>>
>>54456172
>tfw no Nimue gf
Huh?
>>
>>54458328
>>54458911
What about the Queen from Reign of the Exarchs? Obviously female, turned on the other Exarchs for being jerks while she was pure of heart and is apparently quite good looking.

p.137: "...a transparent apparition that looks like a woman standing in front of him, with her back to the characters. Raven hair cascades down her back, as she stands nude, save for a short skirt that hangs off her curvaceous hips. The characters cannot hear her replies, but they can hear her laughter as she fades away."

The book even mentions, that you can be her consort from a previous life, literally or perhaps metaphysically, so pretty much her soulmate.

And SoS has chapter about Mages' relationships with Supernal Entities. It needs to be put to good use.
>>
>>54455709
Behold! The Purified!
>>
>>54455613
IM has an example where one archmage is going to create a cult for the exiled Lord Of Justice, merge with him and run straight back to the Supernal.

I know DaveB has been huffing his own farts, but I'd love an explanation of the difference between regular gods and the supernal variety. Or at least the 'sponsors' the non-mage ones have, in some future book. Since here you get buried in mageposting.
>>
>>54455767
Minimally.
>>54455842
Rank 6+ entities regain Rank*25 essence a turn. That's what he means by the whole 'tidal wave' thing, even if it just goes into their stupidly enormous reserves instead of spilling out.
>>
>>54460630
>Since here you get buried in mageposting
Yeah, except this thread was actually interesting. High level cosmic shenanigans are really fun to discuss with Mage.

Even learned about an NPC I never knew about.
>>
>>54460630
do you want the autism from the last threads back?
>>
>>54460680
If you want a definite, book referenced answer for something that isn't explicitly spelled out, the shitposting starts in earnest.
>>
>>54460680
What NPC?
>>
>>54460773
Probably the Old Man, a shoutout to Voormas from Mage: Ascension. He's a pretty interesting character, what little is written. Apparently people hang out with him for sense memories of pots of tea.
>>
>>54457472

Why? Whats bad about 1K Nights?
>>
>>54460808
>>54460808
I was referring to Aldous >>54457060
>>
>>54460808
I find it amusing that the Aeon of the Abyss is the nicest of the bunch.
>>
>>54460874
"hey, have some tea! Sit down! Enjoy yourself! I'm happy to have you here! Sorry about the soul-eating nightmares you might suffer! Fire's hot! Tea-memories are ready! Soul-devouring portal to the abyss in the hut is really comfortable, just head on in! I mean, uh, dinner's inside!"
>>
>>54460842
He sounds like a Mary Sue. But he's all plot device so I guess it's ok.
>>
>>54460981
>He sounds like a Mary Sue.
So will most high level Mage Characters.

But most Street-Level Mages won't get there immediately out of Chargen.
>>
>>54461120
Yeah, but he's described as the apex magefag. Something that shouldn't be reachable even going by Imperial Mysteries.
>>
>>54461168
Which is why people think he's a multi degree Assumption god wizard.
>>
>>54461237
What Arcanum allows him to raise his own wisdom at will?
>>
>>54457258
We try to. It's just difficult to do when you pose a question about Changeling and the discussion veers hard left into 'Can Mages go to Arcadia? Can Mages buttfuck a True Fae?' It gets old.
>>
>>54460874

I always liked it as a metaphor for the Abyss itself. On the surface, the Abyss isn't threatening; it's not actually... Doing anything until a Mage goes to fuck with it. It's placid and seems harmless.

Then you go and talk to it to bargain for power, and the screaming begins.

I also like, to extend this metaphor, that even if you only glance at it, it has a noxious, corrupting effect that follows you after. The Old Man looks friendly, but out of the corner of your eye, you get glances of the truth that your mind shudders at comprehending, and you see what he really is and that haunts your soul.
>>
>>54455913
You have no idea what lurks, swarms, breeds and screams beyond the veil of "/" symbol in your browser window. We save from unimaginable horrors and you still hate us.
>>
>>54460695
What happened in the last threads?
>>
>>54462139

If you want to find out, the Previous Thread link is at the top. You don't really wanna revive it.
>>
>>54462252
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>54456684
The jews didn't get to him. He's a deadbeat of the "activist" variety, where that activism is somewhere between anarchosocialism and acting like a caricature of a character from portlandia.
>>
>>54457875
It's a game of werewolf, only werewolves are allowed
>>
>>54462430
Yeah, he doesn't work for a living. It's just part time freelance writing, often given out as charity or sympathy assignments by his friends in the RPG "scene". He otherwise is pretty much a societal leech, bumming off of fandom through patreon like so many others.
>>
>>54460829
Terrible editing of example char stat sheets (Disciplines over 5, secondary stats don't add up), no explanation how Elders manage to get all that supernatural vitae without getting blood bonded, no explanation how they keep their humanity so high (they don't have even Touchstones and yet pretty much all example characters have humanity 4+), no explanation on ancient ghouls (how do they get vitae during their master's torpor)...
>>
File: Tito Rogar.jpg (445KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar.jpg
445KB, 1024x1448px
>>54457258
I talk Geist stuff every now and then, think it's usually me and the guy who has the bald/shaved head Sin-Eater with multi armed Geist that occasionally say stuff, besides maybe the random passerby or Ghost pirate supporter for the Kickstarter stretch goal.

I'm mostly waiting on further 2e news for the game.
>>
>>54459628
I've got a player in a campaign playing an Eshmaki with his lair being his car and the the area around it/locations he's been. He keeps dry ice in the trunk of his car to start up spooky fog.
>>
>>54463017
You think a gunslinger Geist from the wild west who returned to the world after making the bargain only to find a hundred years had passed and it's now the modern world. Could work as a character?
>>
>>54461723
This. Literally every discussion no matter how completely unrelated to them will have a mage faggot butt in and talk about what level of arcana can do whatever tje actual topic splat wants to do, but better. And the issue is compounded by any negative backlash having a "lol u just buttmad" response from said magefaggot. These people see fit to force themselves into every conversation but are incapable of contributing in any way that isn't "lol mage wins"
>>
>>54463080
>temporal fish out if water story
Yes. I would allow that at my table with out hesitance
>>
>>54463091

If you want threads exclusively for specific splats, you're welcome to take your discussions to the specific OPP forum or start a thread on rpg.net.

Good luck this that. The autism and trolling is far worse there than anything here.
>>
File: Tito Rogar transparent.png (686KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar transparent.png
686KB, 784x1100px
>>54463080
I don't see why not, I don't think there's a strict determined amount of time the bargaining process takes, Geist could have had a hard finding a way to recreate your death to shunt onto someone else.

It was DM fluff but when I played my Sin-Eater he woke up a week later in a morgue after burning to death from his street magic trick gone wrong. Admittedly seeing someone come back right after dying probably won't be too great and it was public so the Geist was probably waiting for a moment when no one was looking to revive him.
>>
Man i can't decide an approach for mah Werewolf. I'm going for Eidoloth with affiliation with the Hunters for that sweet sweet slasher aspect, but i dunno, i'm stumped on how i should start doing it.

Any ideas?
>>
>>54463158
That's not what we're saying. We're saying that 90% of the time any discussion gets derailed with 'HURR DURR MAGE CAN <X>' no matter what the discussion is. It's fucking trolly bullshit and people react to it and the autism starts up again.
>>
>>54463091
the problem is, people respond. On 4chan of all places.
>>
>>54463080
So long as the character doesn't act like a fishmalk. Man, looking over geist I forgot how fucking clunky the system is.
>>
>>54464618
Yeah I like the idea of Geist more than the execution. Hopefully we get 2e sometime before the heat death of the universe. I've been wanting to run a game for a while but the system clunks have turned my buddies off.
>>
>>54464689
It is in the development phase. So maybe we'll get stuff
>>
>>54464618
>>54464689

Geist is my favorite splat for the concept and ideas it has, but 1e had a whole mess of mechanical problems and lack of directions. 2e has me very hopeful with all its previews but I'm hoping the silence it's had going on for a while is just a sign that the dev is just trying to put all his focus and attention on the book and trying to keep from distractions. All the 2e lore and small stuff they have been doing for Geist recently has been great and with the WW1 and presumable Pirates era coming it there should be a lot of fun options. Though with how slow the kickstarter as been going I don't think we'll get an official Wild West Geist setting until Dark Eras 3 or so.
>>
>>54463091
You know nothing forces you to take the bait of mage fags every single fucking time. You can just carry on your conversation and ignore them.
>>
>>54460874
Behead those who insult Mordred!
>>
>>54463355
>It's fucking trolly bullshit
haha if you can't stand the heat go back to OPP Stacy
>>
>>54459542
VAMPFAGGOTRY
METHUSELAHS
REAL DEAL MAGIC
JEWS N' SHIT
MIDDLE EAST
CAINE
TRANSGENDERISM
GAY STUFF

Sounds like RPG.net
>>
>>54462707
So he's a Patreon Jew who hates real Jews.
>>
>>54464830
>WW1 Dark Era
What's the other Splat for that Era?

I like to think that General was cackling like a lunatic when he got the Great War started.

And then after his plans were crippled his project got nicked by Prophet who had ideas for a man who would become a certain Angry Mustache Model.
>>
>>54456277
Pax specifically does not apply to Imperium, it is in the fucking rules.
>>
>>54465368
Geist is being paired up with Werewolf for WW1. Should be interesting with how the trenches and warfare will effect spirits and the shadow. The description threw around the word "Reapers" stalking the battlefields, so I'm not sure if they are referring to the Sin-Eater archetype or if they are a new antagonist in Geist 2e (Could be likely, the dev already said they are doing something different with thresholds and archetypes. He has already changed terminology on a few things already).

Unironically though I do kind of hope someone uses their backer bonus to add Beast to the Era, for the sake of warmongers personifying the horrors of war, becoming soldiers' ptsd incarnate and having the fields and maze-like trenches that go on forever as Lairs.

Also Prometheans would be neat to see added in the era. A book mentioned something about a lineage that was born during WWI out of the mustard gasses.
>>
>>54465702
Aren't reapers a kind of slasher and ghost already, anyway?
>>
>>54465702
>Unironically though I do kind of hope someone uses their backer bonus to add Beast to the Era, for the sake of warmongers personifying the horrors of war, becoming soldiers' ptsd incarnate and having the fields and maze-like trenches that go on forever as Lairs.
"He who makes a beast of himself removes himself from the pain of being human."
>>
>>54465729
I think so far Reapers are just a term for Mages that steal souls and abuse them and the Sin-Eater archetype. Though there is usually a lot of terminology overlap. Not 100% sure that it is, but there is a chance it is one of the new antagonists mentioned for Geist. They teased at least 2 last year.
>>
>>54465702
You know, if I had any faith in OPP to not fuck up anything related to Beast I would be 100% for that idea. It sounds cool as fuck.
In fact, don't let OPP fuck it up, homebrew it and post it here Anon.
>>
>>54466100
That could be a worthy project for the fa/tg/uys of WoDg : make a WW1 Beast that doesn't suck
Maybe make an online doc ?
>>
File: AdInfinitum_5.jpg (213KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
AdInfinitum_5.jpg
213KB, 620x400px
>>54466100
I probably actually will end up running or being a part of a WW1 game where there is a Beast or two running amok in the battlefield. Making images appear in the fog, twisting trenches into labyrinths and separating infrantry from each other.

Though Beast content has gotten better with each book that's come out since the core book since I think they are starting to distance themselves from some of the initial muck more and more. Though I do personally just ignore the asinine stuff that's in Beast and just run with the workable ideas and houserule stuff.

Also trying to shoehorn trans metaphors in an oppressive tense war setting like they count for jackshit when everyone's fighting to survive would be so fucking retarded and offensive that I don't think even they would attempt it. (Yeah I know, fucking karma will strike and they'll probably do it)
>>
>>54466459
Man, did you read the Dark Era Companion?
They'll totally do that.
>>
File: Displeased Aku.gif (791KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Displeased Aku.gif
791KB, 480x270px
>>54466499
Somehow I'm not surprised.

>>54466297
I wouldn't be opposed. In a perfect world I'd have the WW1 setting ultimately be a crossover of Geist, Werewolf, Beast & Promethean.
>>
>>54466555
The "discussion" on the racism in the Civil War and 1910s eras were written in the most immature, cringy "we copy pasted this off a blog" aspect.
The Beast and Promethean parts were exactly what you'd dread them being.
FeelsBadMage.jpg
>>
>>54466459
>Making images appear in the fog, twisting trenches into labyrinths and separating infantry from each other.
And then you have the Begotten in positions of military clout who feed by sending men to die in their droves on suicide marches against entrenched positions.

Usually these will be Ugallu.
>>
>>54466459
>Be less than 1% of the population
>Get over represented everywhere.
I don't get it.
>>
File: Nod.gif (623KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
Nod.gif
623KB, 255x184px
>>54466607
I'm not sure why they don't realize modern commentary on an older time doesn't work. You can really only look back at it and acknowledge it for what it was, not complaining about how unfair it was, like it somehow applies to today. Times were simply different and to think that things were magically supposed to be politically correct is simply ignorant and obstruction of history.

Is it so wrong to just want play an ooky-spooky back in the day without it being brought up that "This era was racist, because it doesn't let you indulge in your birthright to believe you have a feminine penis! WE ARE SO PROGRESSIVE AND WILL LET YOU INDULGE IN THIS SETTING IRRELEVANT (unless you want it to be for some reason) QUIRK!". Like, can't they just keep to the historical facts and neat splat things of the time period to do and just trust players to do that stuff on their own if they want? It just seems like a waste of word count.

>>54466620
Ugallu overlooking the trenches from above, Eshmaki and Namtaru lurking in the tunnels. A well oiled machine hive lair. Could be fun.
>>
anyone want to gm game on roll20?
>>
>>54466459
You're all so ready to shit on Beast but constantly see things that it would be good if used for. I think I see some cognitive dissonance occurring here.
>>
New thread
>>54467386
>>
>>54467388
No title.
>>
>>54467368
Honestly I just ignore unfitting stuff from Beast and just run with the stuff that's actually good and interesting from it. I'm actually currently DMing a Beast game set in Maine and it works.
>>
>>54467329
As in you're looking for a group, yourself, or you have a group of fellow players and all you're missing is a GM?

If the latter, I'd recommend one of you step up to GM, yourselves, because otherwise you're gonna be waiting a while.
>>
>>54467394
Fixed
>>54467442
>>
>>54467433
The first one
>>
>>54467420
That's what I keep saying to do but everyone here just screams "LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE" whenever I try.
>>
>>54467329
What line, what time, how many people, etc...?
>>
>>54467469
I'm gathering nerds from Facebook right now so I don't know, it can be anytime, and probably V20 VTM
>>
There's a new thread up
>>54467442
>>
>>54467420
Really interested as to how you make a party of beasts work together if you're keen
to explain and tell us a bit about it
>>
>>54464945
And when we do, they post in such a way as to drown out the normal conversation. Trust me, we've tried.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.