[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female not-space marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 21

File: 1475538221047.jpg (177KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1475538221047.jpg
177KB, 1024x724px
There was a guy in another thread who swore he had inside info that GW isn't making new sisters, but they are using the new primaris marine lore to introduce a new faction of girls in power armor.

Frankly, I am sort of inclined to believe it because lately GW has been more moved to make entirely new stuff rather than update old stuff. Adepta Sororitas will not be squatted, but they will be reinforced with... primaris sisters?

I don't know if he was full of shit, but think about it. GW likes making new stuff rather than updating old, and sisters have been a common request for a while now.

I am generally not for female space marines, but I would be accepting of an entirely new faction with a new type of gene modification, like treating celestine as a primarch and suping up sisters or something. What I mean is I would be ok with superhuman adepta sororitas, but not female space marines.
>>
>>54464921
You do know the new writers are all problem-hair Tumblrina's right? There was a facebook post on it and all.
>When you live in nottingham and don't see females anywhere near your GW
>>
>>54465369
>There was a facebook post on it and all.
On what? What did the facebook post talk about?
>>
>>54464921
>GW likes making new stuff rather than updating old
Based on Primaris and...what else?
>>
>>54466020
Age of Sigmar stuff is another indicator.

But look at new kits for existing factions. They are generally more new units rather than updating of old ones.
>>
>>54464921
Nice try at testing the waters geedubs, but that's too retarded for everyone to work so better get back at redoing the ugly ass cad of the plastic sisters rather than trying to pass the shit to others.
>>
>>54466764
Haha do you really think if gw wanted to test the waters on ideas they would come to 4chan of all places? you are an idiot
>>
>>54466857
go back to work
>>
>>54464921
it's just a matter of time until GW releases female marines
GW is becoming full of tumblrinas who will push for it
>>
>>54466909
Again, I will be ok with female super warriors, but not female space marines.

What the tumblrinas want are females amongst the ranks of regular space marines, to be gene modified with the same shit used on the males. For them to wear the exact same armor and hold the same ranks.

That would be dumb.

But what I am saying would be an acceptable compromise, is a new breed of genetically modified super soldiers, but not space marines. More like ones made for the adepta sororitas. Like primaris sororitas. Rather than using geneseed from the primarchs like russ and dorn and all that, use a new method for these girls. Saint Celestine comes to mind.

I know it's coming. I am just trying to think of a good compromise, because we can't stop it, but we can at least hope it comes in a way that makes some sense.
>>
>>54464921
Turned out it was just sisters of silence. Non-SoB power armour girls.

Sorry to bust your cherry.

Stop making these outdated threads.

Gg
>>
>>54464921
>GW likes making new stuff rather than updating old
GW likes stealing shit from LordLucan, that's what GW likes.
>>
>>54467092
who?
>>
>>54464921
I'd believe it just because at this point female space marines are simply more beliavable than Sisters being updated
>>
>>54467123
>LordLucan,
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k
>>
>>54466995
Nah, that's a shit compromise.

The reason some people want female space marines is not "RAR women want super biceps", its because space marines are GW's golden boys and the faction with arguably the most diverse roleplay and storytelling opportunities. You can turn the sisters into supermarines if you want, if they keep being an afterthought storywise, you've accomplished nothing.
>>
>>54466995
Cawls new geneseed organs could be stated to be female compatible. And on their own would still make someone superhuman.

Primaris SoB could get just those and work.
>>
>>54469119
>Nah, that's a shit compromise.
Female super soldiers are coming, we can deny it all we want and cry betrayal of the fluff all we want, but theyre coming.

However, I would rather female super sisters of battle over female super space marines.
>>
>>54471333
This. female marine is just dilution of Sisters and Marine. They already made 2 monogender armies, just let them be their own thing.

Sisters have so much room for development due to decade of neglect.
>>
>>54469119

Why do you need female space marines to accomplish that? All you have to do is feature more female protagonists.
>>
>>54464921
GW's sculptors are pretty retard-tier when it comes to making the female form these days, so anything they make is probably going to be laughably bad. See: The Sisters of Silence.
>>
People miss the point of Primaris. Its so the game now has properly scaled marines.
With female minis its hard to have nice looking female minis at the current scale. So primaris scale sisters would allow for better sculpted females and more dynamic poses. Visually it would look better.
It also justifies female warriors in the setting by making them super human.
>>
>>54472661
Would it surprise you if I told you a lot of people like those models?
>>
>>54472852
A lot of people watched Jersey Shore, too.
>>
>>54472987
Yeah, I equate people who liked Jersey Shore to plebs who think those sculpts are terrible.

Funny how that works, huh?
>>
>>54464921
>>
>>54473003
not really, no, because you are a pathetic shill.
>>
>>54473133
And you are an ignorant moron. Does much more really need to be said in this conversation?
>>
File: 1414612945098.jpg (623KB, 700x765px) Image search: [Google]
1414612945098.jpg
623KB, 700x765px
>>54464921

Women can be Primaris it turns out. Why the fuck not. See the thing is, GW is advancing the story. So now new developments can happen, and sperglords will sperg.
>>
>>54473211
sisters of silence models are fine.
>>
Get the impression a few posters are just "waaah girls" underage trolls.
>>
File: 1459111340706.jpg (127KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1459111340706.jpg
127KB, 873x627px
>>54473237
compared to what?

They are phoned-in garbage compared to 20+ year old monopose sculpts
>>
>>54473311
Compared to nothing. There's nothing inherently wrong with Sisters of Silence sculpt
>>
So. I like Sisters of silence, But I like Sisters of battle troops a little more. But I like that sisters of silence are 32 mm based

What i want to know is. is there an alternative that wont have me spending an arm and leg

Those third party Repentsun molds are to die for, but also about 20 bucks for one.
and i would want a bunch of them.

Repentsuns are really what i want.
>>
>>54473408
Repen what?
>>
>>54473426
are you perhaps upset that i misspelled that.... hehe
>>
>>54464921
Well, technically speaking, female Space Marines have always been possible, but their bodies often rejects the slew of organs and drugs they're forced to undertake due to the different methods that each sex's gametes must be processed into a geneseed. It was eventually seen that while Emps could do it, he figured it was kind of a moot point when it was so expensive by comparison.

With Primarines being made more like Custodes perhaps the process could work on a female subject now instead, though it's unclear if Emprah ever tried to make a female space marine using Custodes methods or if that's simply why he deemed it 'too expensive'.
>>
>>54473487
Whaaaaat
>>
>>54473351
They are uninspired, boring shit that I'll never spend money on.
>>
>>54473512
so you were just having an argument for no reason.
Ok, fine, but there's nothing wrong with SoS sculpt. I didn't buy any either, but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.
>>
more white haired bitches with big boobs
>>
>>54473574
The fact that they are ugly and uninspired chunks of boring plastic that GW is trying to sell for 5 bucks a pop is pretty wrong, but... that goes for a lot of GW products so... If you are just a GW sockpuppet, you are going to resist that truth.
>>
>>54473718
Nice opinion. Too bad it's only an opinion, so it's not an argument toward anything.
>>
If feminists ruin warhammer 40k for me I will shit a fucking brick. Primaris female marines would make me fucking quit. I like sisters of battle but fuck that. 8th is so retarded it has me on thin ice.
>>
>>54473990
No one cares its nothing to do with feminists
>>
>>54473990
And then bash some feminist skulls in with said shit-brick?
>>
>>54473236
>and sperglords will sperg.

Like sperging about how female space marines should be a thing? That's what you were referring to, right?
>>
>getting this upset at the prospect of super soldier women in 40k
Time to stop
>>
>>54473491
No, marine inductiom adds an extra y chromosome, hence the "space marines are autists" joke and also why they are sterile. Females cannot take the extra y chromosome withou having one already.
>>
>>54474086
Nah quite a few people do. Its kind of become the norm for original ideas to cow to the vocal inane minority of assholes these days.
>>
Guys, I heard on facebook that the tumblrinas just purchased a majority share of GW

No question about it, we're getting new female space marines.
>>
I think it's far more likely we see the sisters of battle and the sisters of silence combined into some kind of gene modded "Valkyries of the Emperor" deal
>>
>>54464921
>There was a guy in another thread who swore he had inside info that GW isn't making new sisters, but they are using the new primaris marine lore to introduce a new faction of girls in power armor.
This is LITERALLY the "My uncle works at Nintendo, tabletop edition" statement.

The anon was mostly full of shit.

If they're going to introduce a new faction of girls in Power Armor, it'll likely be Sisters of Silence-related, NOT primaris related.
>>
>>54474252
You're retarded and the inane minority you know that right?
>>
>>54474252
>everyone secretly agrees with me
>it's just all a conspiracy to make it seem like they don't!

I'll never understand how anyone can have their head so far up their own ass
>>
>>54474376
>everyone I don't like is tumlr

found the middle schooler
>>
>>54464921
>GW, the company known for making nothing but art with the highest integrity, is pandering to both waifufags and "feminists" in one fell swoop

Jeez, that's cuhrayzee
>>
Well my theory has been the reason sisters are getting delayed is that they have been reimagined ala the dark elder redesign.
Now that Primaris have appeared its starting to seem like if this is true the change could be pretty big.
I've also noticed clues in minis that GW is experimenting with better female sculpts of a larger scale probably to get a slice of that KD market
>>
>>54466995
>Again, I will be ok with female super warriors, but not female space marines.

My preference if they had to do something would be to go super gothic/ornate. Lots of robes and fancy decoration on the armour. They are not gene/cybernetically modified, they are empowered by emps in a similar (If much lesser) version of what happens with St Celestine.

Stuff like big faith based inv saves or being a super medic that can return multiple units to a squad per turn as they heal wounds with a touch.
>>
>>54465369
>You do know the new writers are all problem-hair Tumblrina's right?
Wait. Wat? It this true?? Sorry, I've been out of the 40k loop for a while now.
>>
>>54474562
They might be referring to the BL writers and rpg books.
>>
>>54474562
It's just the usual roleplay of female marine bashing threads

>I heard GW is making all marines female
>them tumblrs
>why should my space setting acknowledge anyone who isn't exactly like meeeeeeeee
>I heard etc etc

You could copy paste the last ten threads and it'd be the same shit
>>
>>54464921

They are not, and no-one wants that. I have no idea why morons keep bringing it up. It's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. The only viable faction are the Sisters of Silence.
>>
>>54474596
Tbh people who hate sisters are most like underage spergs because sisters are practically the soul of 40k for over two decades.
>>
>>54474634

The Ecclessiarchy is criminally underused in 40k. That dark, gothic religious feel is the core of 40k imo.
>>
>>54474255
doubt it. thats 10s of millions of pounds worth of stock.

no way they've got their shit together enough for that.
>>
I hope if they make female space marines they are sexy, curvy, have tit plate, and have long hair and sexy face sculpts. If they're gonna do this just go all in maximum waifufag shit, none of this pansy "reasonable female supersoldier" shit.

Of course, GW can't into sexy face sculpts to save their lives.
>>
>>54474628
>no one

I'd actually be fine with it. I think they should just add two male heads and two female heads to the primaris sprue - bam now the spergs can have an all male army, anyone who wants can have females or an all helmeted army for those who don't care if their tiny plastic soldiers have a penis or not.
>>
>>54473408
theres some decent SoB floating around the net made from kitbashing DE kabalites with SM scout arms and bolters, marine power packs and skitari vanguard heads.
>>
>>54474693
I think a mix between a fashion model and a pinup model.
Practical reasons for this being they should be tall and with a slimmer profile allows more dynamic poses, detail and easier painting and assembly.
Then you have female features like breasts, hips and legs excentuated so its recognisably female.
>>
>>54471460
I'm okay with it, as long as we also get female(male) sororitas.
>>
>>54472661
That's ... not great at all. But maybe it's the bad paintjob.

>>54474585
>>54474596
I'm really hoping it's not. I've been flirting with the idea of picking up 40k again.

>>54474693
As much as I would like that, just having nice faces that aren't fucking ugly would be a good start. I really wish Raging Heroes would release their goddamn sisters minis.
>>
>>54464921
Why is updating the fucking Sisters of Battle so difficult for them?
>>
>>54474817
>as long as we also get female(male) sororitas
Fluff-wise we can't because the sororitas are an arm of the Eccelisarchy and exist because their all-male militia was outright banned after the fuck-up that was Goge Vandire iirc.
>>
>>54474906
No one in the studio really wants to work on them.

GW stuff gets updated per interest, barring Marines who just automatically get an update.

Dark Eldar was one of the developer's big passion project so it got pushed through, but I don't think anyone on the GW staff really wants Sisters.

Frankly, I don't blame them. The army is really without a niche barring gender and their theme is very limited.
>>
>>54474661
Agreed. There's so much potential in the Ecclessiarchy and it's never used. The politics, the corruption, the good-intentions. There's so much potential in there for storytelling and it gets completed ignored in favor of muh spazz marroons muh primarch bullshit.
>>
>>54474961
Fluff-wise female marines are also impossible, yet I agree that its only a matter of time until GW says "fuck you" and bring down the colorful hammer of inclusiveness into the lore.
>>
>>54474972
>Another sperg who doesn't understand sisters.
>pretending they have an insight into the studio
>>
>>54474517
>Sisters with an Invocation of Nehek ability

ooh baby
>>
>>54475014
Fluff-wise female space marines are impossible.

But fluff wise female soldiers with power armour and extensive augmentation to help boost their performance is very possible.
>>
>>54475060
Cawl tech sort of ignores the limitations thats why its being talked about.
>>
>>54475027

Considering St Celestine raises people from the dead each turn and one of the faith powers is 'Bring people back from the dead', a unit like that wouldn't be out of place.

Would also do a lot for the general 'Sisters are a bitch to kill' factor. As being really cheap power armour, they've always been (Point for point) harder to wipe out than marines.
>>
>>54475070
>Cawl tech sort of ignores the limitations thats why its being talked about.
I'm pretty sure Guilliman would straight-up murder Cawl with his bare hands if he tried to make female space marines. He already considers the Primaris marines abominations, so female marines would likely be a step too far for him.
>>
>>54475121
So basically more you don't like it headcanon
>>
>>54475060
Technically, Sisters of Purification (Female space marines) are cannon in current edition, they just got wiped out before 40th millennia.

Also fluff wise, we still have Fabius Bile and his weird experiments.
>>
>>54475070

State how Cawl's Primaris process ignores the limitations of geneseed. It isn't some completely different process, he just adds a couple extra organs and makes them grow bigger.

>>54475136

So basically because you're full of shit you're going to claim your headcanon is canon and the actual canon is headcanon. Feel free to provide even a single citation where it says Cawl's process "ignores limitations" or "works on females". I won't bother waiting.
>>
>>54475183
Exactly. The argument 'lawl fem-marines can't happen - canon' is dumbshit when you consider the fact that there is a dozen ways they could make exactly that using demonstrated 40k lore.
>>
>>54475183
>Technically Rogue Trader fluff is canon in current edition

No it isn't you stupid ass motherfucker. They don't even come from GW fluff they came from Challenge magazine.
>>
>>54475183
Oh ok, that totally makes sense. Guilliman says no to Cawl redesigning his father's work, but will be totes ok with an active chaos worshipper making femmarines
>>
>>54475210
>nuh-uh!

brilliant retort mate
>>
>>54475210
Dude you're full of shit your argument is literally "i don't like it" and headcanon to explain why.
>>
>>54475232
>provide citation
>retort
>>
>>54475240
>explain why

No, YOU explain why, motherfucker. Burden of proof lies with YOU. I swear you two dipshits are the stupidest motherfuckers on this board, all you do is spout incorrect shit and fool all the newfags into spreading your cancer. You probably post dumbass shit like Cawl blew up the Necron pylons or Carcharodons are chimeric NLs.
>>
I roll my eyes at 40k /tg/ discussion so much its not just sisters but whenever someone mentions something. Theres always one autistic cunt that will spend 6 hours arguing why they hate the thing and it doesn't/shouldn't exist in the lore. Even when you point directly to how the lore says its ok they will try every deceitful shitflinging ploy to handwave it.
>>
>>54475249
>>54475258
>nuh-Uh! nuh-Uh! nuh-Uh! nuh-Uh!

ok dude, you have fun with your headcanon
>>
>>54475258
You're a retard. You made the claim that females can't be enhanced because thats too naughty YOU.
Fuck off if you are going to be a dumb shitposting sperg.
>>
>>54475183
>Also fluff wise, we still have Fabius Bile and his weird experiments.
Strictly speaking those were not "female space marines" so much as "women modified and repurposed into 'space marine birthing chambers'. Major difference between the two.

Seriously, Fabius Bile and 'Female Space Marines' should never be used in a positive connotation in the same sentence. He is one sick fuck.
>>
>>54475341
But hes fabulous
>>
>>54475258
>Imperial Guard are shown to be augmented biologically and cybernetically to improve combat performance.
>Anyone can wear power armour, and it makes you stronger.
>But for some reason having an all-female force with as much biological and cybernetic enhancements as the Imperium is capable of, then put into high-end power armour is not possible because muh canon.

Checks out.
>>
>>54475361
Theres literally no reason why a process tailored to sisters can't exist to make them super human and then put them in new model power armour.
>>
>>54475405
That was kinda the context of the post, yes. Well done.
>>
>>54475460
But specifically on the subject of Cawl tech things that weren't possible are now possible including enhancing humans to primaris tier without the original marine process. They can even upgrade marines to primaris.
>>
>>54475361
>But for some reason having an all-female force with as much biological and cybernetic enhancements as the Imperium is capable of, then put into high-end power armour is not possible because muh canon
Huh? No, that's totally possible.
It already exists.
They're called the Sisters of Battle.
Seriously, dude, get with the program here.
>>
>>54475405
>Theres literally no reason why a process tailored to sisters can't exist to make them super human and then put them in new model power armour.
The rub of it is people keep demanding that they be "female space marines" specifically, as in 'inject geneseed to make new space marine'.

Which as much as you dislike the canon fluff, just ain't going to happen.

As >>54475485 pointed out, Sisters of Battle already have this area covered just fine.
>>
>>54475183
I was against the whole idea of female Space Marines right up until I read this. Now...now I want to make an army.
>>
>>54475494
No one saying that the people opposing it are saying it. No one wants trannymarines they want super sisters using Cawl tech.
>>
>>54475485
not quite. sisters aren't enhanced. not to any significant idea.

But i think thats the proposed idea. the primaris enhancmemts, which seem more widely compatible could be even female compatible.

So you can get Primaris SoB (that only get the 3 new geneseeds) that are still of enhanced strength and power and are pretty much female marines in function. But they're still Adeptus Soriatus not Adeptus Astartes as far as the lore goes.
>>
>>54475226
Not rogue trader - one of the recent books had an illustration of there marines, with writing "Some of these chapters were destroyed"

They existed, they are just dead
>>
>>54475496
Thats pretty cool except for the female icon....
>>
>>54475341
I never said anything about that particular horror. I just said he could make it, not that he made them.
>>
>>54475228
Hey, Fabius is still loyal to the emperor. And girlyman already worked with Xenos, so working with heretics would be the next step
>>
So reading from the lore basically making an enhanced sister would be like this
>tonigh we are makin a spicy soritas pizza!
>first we add the sinew coils so she a super strong
>then a we add the magnificat so shes a big girl (for you)
>finally we add the Belisarian furnace so she can fix herself upin an emergency.
>then we serve with mkII Adeptus Soritas armour
>>
daily reminder that half of the /tg/ populaton today came from reddit.
>>
>>54475731
>>then we serve with mkII Adeptus Soritas armour
You need to skip a mark or two here.
>Ultra-V pattern Armour
>>
>>54475769
>Ultra V
Hehe
>>
File: wtf am i reading.jpg (81KB, 546x381px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading.jpg
81KB, 546x381px
>>54475496
>>
>>54475854
It's apparently from 1st Edition or whatever it was called.
>>
>>54475933
Rogue trader
>>
>>54476003
Thankee. Have some more Purification. If I do decide to actually make a LSoP Legion (II? XI?) I'll go heavy on the flamers. I like the whole "kill it with fire" aesthetic the SoB have, so I'd want to bring it over.
>>
>>54475854
dragon (or was it challenger?) magazine fan article

Back then there were RPG mags that released homebrew scenarios and modules for various games. White dwarf started the same way.

It's not done by GW, and space marines were men-only from the start of rogue trader.
>>
>>54476049
While the article shown is clearly a magazine-based, not-quite-official effort, I'm still curious to see where in Rogue Trader it specified 'men only'. Heck, in those days, were Space Marines even gene-modded?
>>
>>54476049
Challenge 36 according to a google search.
>>
File: Untitled.png (362KB, 609x483px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
362KB, 609x483px
>>54476093
there's a brief description of space marine initiation and genetic enhancement in rogue trader's main book, but the stuff we know and use now was properly detailed a couple months afterwards
>>
>>54476143
Well I'll be damned. Thanks!
>>
>>54466020
>>54466110
A new batch of sisters that are just a placebo in essence, or a new codex for old sisters released a month before the new edition of the game.

Choose your flavoring of irrelevancy.
>>
Sisters, Daemon Hunters and the rest of the inquisitorial chuckfucks really need to be rolled into a single codex.
>>
>>54464921
Given the fact that we already have examples of genetic fuckery in the Imperium's relatively recent past I'd be more surprised if Cawl DIDN'T try to use a modified Primaris procedure on some Sororitas. Possibly with Astartes donors, or from the six founding Saints if samples were available.
>>
So what should Primaris Sisters nickname be? Chadettes? Stacys?
>>
File: 324523452345.png (215KB, 486x275px) Image search: [Google]
324523452345.png
215KB, 486x275px
>>54476252
The secret is Cawl didn't perfect the Primaris in stasis tubes, the tubes came later only being used for virtual education, instead he literally had them born from hand picked SoB's to stabilize their geneseed problems.
>>
>>54476324
Is this true?
>>
>>54476340
yes
>>
>>54476340
no, it's just pure shit.
>>
File: 435634563456.gif (2MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
435634563456.gif
2MB, 354x200px
>>54476340
>>
>>54476350
But how is primaris born?
>>
>>54476287
Either Ashleys or Heathers.
>>
>>54476340
100%, The tale of Brother Dimetrus is actually the story of Cawl when he was younger and impressionable.
>>
>>54476423
Why not Olgas
>>
>>54476425
>those sexy russian qt faces
>>
>>54466995
>What the tumblrinas want are females amongst the ranks of regular space marines, to be gene modified with the same shit used on the males. For them to wear the exact same armor and hold the same ranks.
>That would be dumb.

Super not up on 40k lore, so I'm genuinely asking.
What's dumb about women space marines? is it just "-4 str" garbage or is there an actual reason a woman couldn't be a space marine?
>>
>>54476425
>Cawl works away privately in his room surrounded by posters of Sisters
>one day crying through tears of joy he bursts out of his room yelling I've done it! I made super sized sisters!
>>
>>54476459

There's an in-universe fluff reason, but it's more that Space Marines are supposed to be analogous to knightly orders like the Hospitalers and Templars and so on, which were exclusively male. Also note that Astartes are generally noted to have a greatly diminished sex drive (with a few exceptions here and there, see Space Wolves and Emperor's Children).

They're supposed to be knight-monks and warrior brotherhoods, not much room for women.
>>
>>54476459
Its mainly because of the standard procedure being not very nice potentially deadly and suited barely for male physiology.
>>
>>54476425
>you'll never be used as a fuck toy by an order of virgin Sisters
>>
>>54476459
>is there an actual reason a woman couldn't be a space marine?
Tissue compatibility keeps the large majority of the -male- population from being eligible for space marine augmentation. And even the ones that are in the acceptable range have rather high fatality/failure rates.

They could make up some bullshit and change the fluff so that literally anyone can be able to become a space marine, but that would kind of fuck up the whole theme of being a rare thing.
>>
File: 1500303191505.jpg (350KB, 1510x2195px) Image search: [Google]
1500303191505.jpg
350KB, 1510x2195px
>>54476477
So you're saying Cawl is a man of taste?
>>
>>54476538
The Emperor's geneseed only works on dudes, it's purposefully homoerotic because Space Marines are gay just like the people that play them.
>>
>>54476538
Its mainly the growth phase. Thats why candidates are picked young. The procedure is impossible on adults because they are no longer growing and it would kill them.
To answer why it wouldn't work on women you look at when it goes wrong on the male candidates.
Their bodies basically can't take the pressures of muscle and bone growth and die gruesomly.
Its the equivalent of a normal man being turned into bodybuilder but with twice the mass and increased height and the normal human body can't support that.
Now Cawl tech is logically different because humans and marines can be made into Primaris
>>
>>54476572
>Cawl tech is
well, his shit's basically made of "plot convenienceium"

But making everything into lolprimaris would run pretty fuckin thin pretty fuckin quick.
>>
>>54476538
>>54476495
>>54476482

So basically no good reason.
The treatment is imaginary future science. And the idea of a super buff lady able to fight on the same level as a man is far too unrealistic in a world of space monsters and undead robots.
And it's based upon source material that didn't have ladies. And again, it's far too unrealistic to introduce women that wouldn't just want to go shopping or have sex with men, again in a world of alien space bugs and egyptian themed robot undead killing machines.
>>
>>54476459
lore wise the geneseed has very tight tolerances on compatibility, key specifically to male genes and hormones. Even most men aren't compatible.

Theme wise marines are space warrior monks, historical monks being men only this has carried over.

Sisters of Battle are the space warrior nuns.
>>
>>54472661
What exactly is wrong with the Sisters of Silence? Is it because they don't have the SoBs manfaces?
>>
>>54476681

>Sisters of Battle are the space warrior nuns.

I think we'd get a lot less 'Female Marines when' stuff if the SOB got support worth a damn. It's this situation where there IS a badass female faction to match the badass male faction but they get basically nothing.
>>
File: untitled.png (213KB, 1000x235px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
213KB, 1000x235px
>>54476637
>the 41st millennium isn't an egalitarian utopia
shiet dawg, let me start an online petition to get the god emperor to change his armies to suit my 21st century standards
>>
>>54476637

You're entirely off base. 40k has heavy shades of "HRE in space" and obviously women aren't going to be part of knightly orders.

There *is* a good reason, it's thematic.
>>
>>54476637
>And the idea of a super buff lady able to fight on the same level as a man is far too unrealistic in a world of space monsters and undead robots.
enhanced super soldier women are already a thing in 40k, no one is opposed to that and really we want them to continue being a thing and not get overshadowed by pointless new lady marines.
the issue is that its established in the lore that women can't be Adeptus Astartes SPECIFICALLY.
>>
>>54476637
No the reason is to do with it killing women if they underwent the process of being turned into a marine.
>>54476596
Its more like the standard marine tech has always been the less than optimal and slightly primitive way to make marines.
Cawl's techniques are closer to the Emperor's original plan.
>>
>>54476721
Pretty much, stop making them the butt-end of every massacre and give them a good collective villain to fight instead of boring, nameless heretical hordes
>>
>>54476739

They could play up that grudge match with the Necrons. Saint Celestine could raid Trazyn's vault for goodies.
>>
File: 1500536631434.jpg (73KB, 696x812px) Image search: [Google]
1500536631434.jpg
73KB, 696x812px
>>54476637
40k is meant to be a terrible totalitarian future of endless bullshit, it isn't supposed to be a nice place you want to visit and is very specifically not fair or equal on purpose. If you want your egg-shell sensibilities not to be hurt, there are plenty of women in the Imperial Guard that rammed up the ass just as much as their fellow male soldiers. Or just play Dark Eldar.
>>
>>54475496
>>54475854
>>54476031

Be mindful that this was also in the era of chaos/genestealer orks as well as half xenos half human space marines, along with a whole shit ton of wacky nonsense that GW canked without hesitation (squats were soon to be the biggest victim).

So I wouldn't take that old RT as the set in stone standard, its nice to see how out there it was but lorewise it is god awful.
>>
>>54476795
Yes, or Miriael Sabathiel could go do something actively significant since she's specifically a problem that came from the SoB and should be theirs to remedy.
>>
>>54476811
Chaos Orks need to come back... and the Dameriung have the potential to be cool of GW wanted.
>>
>>54476830
chaos orks never left. Pretty sure they got mention in the latest GK codex.

Yeah seeing Demiurg on the table would be cool, a Tau Auxilarries codex would be a nice way to add some minor races and bring back kroot mercs.
>>
>>54476795

That would be fun. Would also make for a hilarious mirror match of 'Why won't you die?' between SOB and Necrons.
>>
>>54476795

The Necrons have a bit of an issue with defining enemies for them too. They are vaguely threatening everyone but no-one in particular. Eldar and Chaos are the closest they have and even then, they are not focusing on them.

Necrons/SOB would be a good setup for grudge matches between the factions. SOB faith powers make them difficult to predict and thus a really annoying unknown variable fucking with necron plans and the SOB have a personal grudge for Sanctuary 101.
>>
>>54476853
>Necrons try to put Saint Celestine in an empty C'tan shard to contain her

Would it work?
>>
File: 1465743325278.jpg (188KB, 689x602px) Image search: [Google]
1465743325278.jpg
188KB, 689x602px
>>54476830
>>54476846

Chaos orks is kind of counter to their whole being.The WAAGH and their collective power born from it is what they can channel instead of the energy used by chaos or the imperium.They are separate and like the Nids they operate on a different system that does almost the same effects.I also doubt they have the mental capacity to be tricked into following any other gods when they already have the strongest and the cunnin' Gork and Mork (or was it Mork and Gork?)
>>
>>54476934
chaos orks have always been a thing. rarer than human cultists but orks jabe never been immune to its influence.
Chaos orks are literally used as an example foe in the GK codex and stormboyz used to all be khorne worshipers.

the waaagh is much less overbearing than the hivemind.
>>
>>54476930

It would be worth a shot. Mind you 'This should have gotten rid of you' is something that rarely seems to work on her so I'd not give great odds.
>>
>>54476952

No fucking way! I remember reading in their codex that they were immune to chaos and its influence.

(Imma look this shit up)
>>
>>54474221
You clearly suck at genetics and even recognizing what the fuck you just said.
>>
>>54476973
This has literally never been the case. Its another school yard tier myth autists spread around like Tyranids don't assimilate Orks.
>>
>>54476930
>Celestine empowered Necrons.

...lewd.
>>
>>54476930
Celestine strapped bondage style into one of those tesseract things
>>
>>54477093
That would go poorly as she's secretly Slaanesh having a laugh.
>>
>>54475222
Name one smart as.
Just remember to use sanctioned imperial gene-sede.
Pro tip: ITS YOUR FUKIN HEADCANON you stupid reddit faget.
>>
>>54475361
>ut for some reason having an all-female force with as much biological and cybernetic enhancements as the Imperium is capable of, then put into high-end power armour is not possible because muh canon.
I love when turbo-tumblr dykes ignore reasons.
Its like watching moron who argue with gravitation. You can but you are wrong and no amount of brain wraping gonna change that.
To recive gene sede you need Y chromosome and have lotsa testosterone. DEAL with it.
>>
>>54478277
He's not talking about gene-seed you autist, he's talking about the fifty thousand other ways the Imperium has to augment someone.
>>
>>54478277
>>54478241
Question 1: If you put an eversor assassin in power armour and pit them against a space marine, who would win?

If the answer is 'the eversor', then well done - you've figured out how to make an all female army on par with space marines,
>>
File: Taghmata_Omnissiah_Icon.jpg (186KB, 701x705px) Image search: [Google]
Taghmata_Omnissiah_Icon.jpg
186KB, 701x705px
>>54464921
Why would I want to be small time playing female marines when I can be a bunch of tech-horror cyborgs? If I wanted an armored vagina I could just install one.
>>
I'm not sure I'm following what people are arguing about. One side seems to be saying that female space marines break lore and the other seems to be saying that you could make a female not!space marine without using the parts that would break canon, but still getting the same end result.

Why...why are people arguing over this? These don't appear to be mutually exclusive conditions.
>>
My dad works at Games Workshop and he told me last Wednesday that the new faction is going to be the Koopa Kingdom.
>>
>>54472676
>People miss the point of Primaris. Its so the game now has properly scaled marines.

No, it's because everyone and their uncle already owns an entire chapter's worth of marine models and ebay is also flooded with them. Semi-squatting marines and releasing their new replacement means all those people have to buy something new and they have to go to GW to get it.
>>
>>54479136
Or they could just play with their old shit and use them as stand-in for Primaris crap, the ratio of people that actually use the play only what you see on the table rule is meager. People just want the shiny new keys jangled in front of their face.
>>
>>54475560
Which book?
>>
>>54466862
LOL
>>
>>54478993
Because all of this is part of that stupid trend push by Tumblr and co. that want every media and work of fiction being progressive (meaning everything must promote racial/gender equality, multiculturalism, tolerance, etc...) according to their western upper middle class metropolitan world view wich is ridiculous considering 40K.
GW could just create female model for Imperial Guard or finally update the Sororitas and give them a bigger role but no.
>>
File: Primaris Sister.jpg (157KB, 778x710px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris Sister.jpg
157KB, 778x710px
>>54464921
Primaris Sisters confirmed
>>
>>54473512
For a small, elite "ally" unit, which is what they were intended to be, they look ok. SoB were designed to be taken as allies for other Imperial armies (Hence why their first Codex was 2 units and a Character). You were never really meant to see more than 12 or so of them on the table at once and the max SoB squad was 7 models at the time. As a small, elite unit for Guard or a flamer unit for Vanilla Marines, they work fine (compared to other 2nd ed sculpts).
>>
>>54473574
I bought some... in the last GW sale. They chucked several squads and the pewter parts for an Immolator into a GW carrier bag and sold it to me for £10. I came out of that sale with a SoB army, a Long-Fang squad, almost 40 Diggas (for some reason), GorkaMorka and Digga Nob. Think I only spent about £35.

GW don't do sales anymore :(
>>
>>54480245
Sounds like you got a decent "Humeez painted green" unit for you Ork army too.
>>
>>54480377
They got painted, badly, as savages and were Scavvies for a Necromunda campaign... which they happily ruined for all the other players by simply outnumbering every other gang 4 to 1. Then I added plague zombies. They've been sat in a minis case for the last 18 years or so. Should probably Detol them some day.
>>
>>54476853
>>54476912

Plus, you know, they have Sebastian Thor's head. Dunno how, dunno why, but you fucking KNOW Celestine wants that back.
>>
>>54473131
Samus is an inquisitor not a primarch
>>54474302
Only one-fifth of Americans identify as feminists, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the vast majority fit the basic definition of the word.[believing men and women should have equal rights and protections under the law]

So no
Hardly anyone is a tumblrina feminist that reeees every time men get together and have a nice hobby. Organizations need to stop bowing to them because they are a paper tiger
>>
>>54481514
>it's all them tumlrs guise!

Yeah we get it they're all trying to destroy your secret no-girls club, go home Timmy
>>
>>54479436
Unnnnghh. Thicccer
>>
>>54479071
>544
Dubs of truth
Koopa klan koming
>>
>>54464921
Celestine is a great daemon, technically it does not even exist
>>
File: greatflamingeyebrowstm3.gif (92KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
greatflamingeyebrowstm3.gif
92KB, 280x210px
>>54479436
>>54481747
>>
File: 1460806028467.png (76KB, 972x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1460806028467.png
76KB, 972x1098px
>>54479436
>>
>>54481552
Fuck off you fat cunt. This whole thread you've been samefagging.
>>
>>54476811
>>Be mindful that this was also in the era of chaos/genestealer orks as well as half xenos half human space marines, along with a whole shit ton of wacky nonsense that GW canked without hesitation (squats were soon to be the biggest victim).
Oh I know, that shit's got nothing to do with today, I just think it's a nice idea. I'd actually much prefer a massive Sisters update, with a new codex, new minis and Living Saints as greater daemons of the Emperor.
>>
>>54476552
More of this ?
>>
>>54484336
They're daemon princes if anything.
>>
>>54483487
>everyone I don't like is samefag!

welcome to the oldest shit anyone has ever said on 4chan
>>
>>54484700
>princes
Princesses.
>>
>>54478681
and evesor doesn't even need power armour to beat marines.
Individually all the assassins are better combatants than marines.
They're significantly more costly and involved to produce though so a whole army on the scale of a marine chapter is unfeasible.
>>
>>54481514
the divide between active identifting feminists and people who fit the definition (who also fit the basic definitions of MRAs and egalitarians) is that the 3rd wave Radicals have become the face of it simply because they're the "loudest" and their brand of feminism is a bit to pro-female over equality for most people.

though honestly all this fighting over lables is stupid and distracts from solving actual problems.
>>
>>54484770
there are male saints.
>>
>>54478681
>eversor
>female

They only get to be Callidus because polymorphine works better with them. The kind of trials required to be an eversor would preclude all but the mot savage and strong men.
That said, Callidus are better than space marines too after their augmentations.
>>
>>54473408

What is this guy talking about?
>>
>>54485947
>They're significantly more costly and involved to produce though so a whole army on the scale of a marine chapter is unfeasible.

>Bringing up logistical issues
>In the 40k setting

Shit man, I didn't realise it was Open Mike night at the Comics Lounge.

>>54486214
I'm not sure it's ever stated that you can't have fem-Eversors or masc-Callidus. I mean, they're just specific training styles for assassins - there's no reason I can think of that gender is would be important when you're making a drug-cocktailled fuelled berzerker.
>>
>>54489445
Because there are stringent physical trials to become assassins and the assasinorum only picks the very strongest. Sure Callidus pick the strongest women because they need the genome to work with polymorphine, but the eversor temple has no reason to overly favour women, therefore the strongest candidates are always going to be men.
>>
>>54476425
This is heresy, sororitas are pure, PURE
>>
>>54489485
Callidus are females because they are femme fatales, seductresses etc
Eversors are psychos
Cluxeus are edgelords
Vindicare are too cool for school
>>
Hey i recall a while ago people where saying sororitas liked purifying the bodies of young innocent men with their naked bodies, can anyone confirm>?
>>
>>54489485
>therefore the strongest candidates are always going to be men.

>In a setting where Ogryns exist because of gravity on a different planets.
>In a setting where Catachan is a thing.

Your point being noted, you seem to miss the notion that there is nothing actually stopping anyone from using the same procedures and training on female applicants. And to my knowledge there has never been any declaration that all Eversors are male - or that all Callidus are female.
>>
>>54479436
This exactly what people dont want. Primaris used as some fatty acceptance puke
>>
>>54479414
Its got nothing to with tumblr and feminists. If they are supporting it they are just latching onto it like the parasites they are as evident by some ofnthe clueless babbling feminist posters itt.
The subject has nothing to do with them.
>>
>>54489829
>and to your knowledge
Well you're just wrong and stop forcing your equality cult into peoples fiction. Male and females are not equal and cannot swap roles you crank.
>>
>>54489967
I'm sorry, but do you have a source somewhere that says 'Men only - no girls allowed' on an Eversor assassin temple? Or are you just sad that gender doesn't matter when you're making a drug-fuelled knife-tornado?
>>
>>54489829
There's also nothing explicit to stop the Adeptus Arbites using fluffy bunnies as the basis for their cybernetic animal companions/ripping machines.
One can simply realise that it's stupid to do so.

And it's noted that there are some male Callidus if they happen to have the extremely rare required genome. But it's much much more common in women.
No female eversor has ever been referenced anywhere.

>Catachan
Catachan women are too busy having 10 children each to replace the constantly dying population. And why not recruit a catachan man instead, it's not like the assassinorum doesn't have plenty of people to choose from.

>dude lmao lets go around collecting like fifty million women to find five who might reach our requirements instead of collecting fifty thousand men
>>
>>54490011
Do you have a source supporting your headcanon?
Look in the mirror younare an extemist and a boring one.
>>
>>54472661

Man, this model sucks balls.
Why does everything have to be in chunky gold armour nowadays?
Yeah sure Zapdos is Emp's favourite pokemon but SoS were supposed to be a proto-Ordo Hereticus.
Wouldn't they be dressed in lots of dark, baroque, shit loaded with sinister-looking tech for hunting those twist scum?
>>
>>54489967
>Thinking like this
>In M41.
>Thinking that the difference in physical prowess between Men and Women means anything when compared to the difference between normal humans and -ORKS- -SPACE MARINES- -FUCKING 'NIDS-.
>Thinking that the difference in physical prowess between men and women is more important than the purity of that sweet, sweet Frenzon, 'Slaught, Stimm, Barrage, Reflex or Spook.
>Thinking that any of the dweebs from an Administratum world could go toe-to-toe with a fem-Catachan.

Keep jerkin' the spud, bud.
>>
>>54464921
Its stupid for female space marines to be a thing, space marines are specially modified humans. The difference between humans and space marines isn't a biological one, but rather that space marines are only male, making them a modification on humans than a new species.

Making girl mehreens is stupid cause then they are just humans but better, rather than the defenders of humanity
>>
>>54490084
>Thinking that the difference in physical prowess between Men and Women means anything when compared to the difference between normal humans and -ORKS- -SPACE MARINES- -FUCKING 'NIDS-.
Well yeah it makes a difference when guardswoman stacy can't carry the extra hundred heavy bolter shells you need up the hill because her hips cracked on the march over here. You're acting like all warfare in 40k is hand-to-hand.

>Thinking that the difference in physical prowess between men and women is more important than the purity of that sweet, sweet Frenzon, 'Slaught, Stimm, Barrage, Reflex or Spook.
It matters during the physical trials to decide which candidates are worth the extremely expensive augmentation procedures

>Thinking that any of the dweebs from an Administratum world could go toe-to-toe with a fem-Catachan.
This is true. It's also one of the tiniest minorities in the galaxy imaginable.
>>
>>54490084
Kys you dumb faggot. No one cares about your tranny sjw cult
>>
>>54490041
The Assassin Codex?

Seriously, there's nothing in there that specifies that any assassin temple is mono-gendered like the Marines or the Sisters.

The closest they come is the Callidus, but even then they specify that guys do still become Callidus Assassins, but it's just not as common.

Seriously, where is everyone getting the headcanon to believe that Eversors can only be guys? Like sure, it'll probably be guy-centric like most armed forces, but there's nothing stopping a woman from becoming an drug-fuelled bladestorm like the whole 'geneseed' schtick for marines.

>>54490020
>Catachan women are too busy having 10 children each to replace the constantly dying population.

That actually raises a good question. We know from the minis that there are Female Catachan soldiers, and Catachans die in fucking droves just trying to reach maturity...

...are Catachans clones? Or are they using some speed-growth techniques? Because how does that work for them to keep up their numbers?
>>
>>54490212
>because everything is not stated in terms of sex roles then it must be true in my headcanon
You're an idiot. You are just imposing your extremist politics onto the setting.
If you want a faction where there are no boundries in sex roles there already is one. Eldar. Point out that this faction is considered unlike the human factions for this reason.
>>
>>54490267
The irony in this post is amazing.
>>
>>54490212
>Seriously, where is everyone getting the headcanon to believe that Eversors can only be guys? Like sure, it'll probably be guy-centric like most armed forces, but there's nothing stopping a woman from becoming an drug-fuelled bladestorm like the whole 'geneseed' schtick for marines.

There's nothing explicit.
I understand that there are plenty of worlds in the imperium, mostly deathworlds, that can produce women stronger than the majority of human men due to insane genetic and environmental factors.
I'm saying the recruitment methods of the assassinroum are almost guaranteed to overlook these people because they're so few and far between and it would be an outrageous effort with minimal payoff to try.
As per latest assassinorum codex the officio mostly recruits from schola progenium graduates because they already have graded physical abilities and psych profiles. I don't think crazy death worlds like catachan have scholas. And putting every female schola graduate through the assassinorum's insane (and deadly) trial programs to find the tiny number able to actually match the male candidates would do nothing but cost the Adepta Sororitas all of their recruits.
>>
>>54490267
Eldar are a completely different race than humans, they don't even have that much sexual dimorphism.
The males and females could have identical muscle structures, you know cause they were made by the old ones for war, unlike us
>>
>>54490143
>Well yeah it makes a difference when guardswoman stacy can't carry the extra hundred heavy bolter shells you need up the hill because her hips cracked on the march over here. You're acting like all warfare in 40k is hand-to-hand.

And you seem to think that all Imperial Guardsmen reach some sort of peak in physical performance rather than just an acceptable level that women could reach.

You also seem to be ignoring:
1. The canonical all-women guardsmen armies.
2. The notion that the Imperium would not care what gender you are, as long as you can carry a lasgun and point it roughly in the direction of the chitenous horde coming down at you.

>It matters during the physical trials to decide which candidates are worth the extremely expensive augmentation procedures
>one of the first genetic enhancements made to an Eversor Assassin is to strengthen their immune systems beyond the human norm so that they can survive the sheer toxicity of the combat drugs they are constantly infused with.

I suspect their ability to survive the toxicity is key.

>This is true. It's also one of the tiniest minorities in the galaxy imaginable.

Except for any other Deathworld. Or worlds with higher gravity.
>>
>>54490212
>That actually raises a good question. We know from the minis that there are Female Catachan soldiers, and Catachans die in fucking droves just trying to reach maturity...

It's literally just an oversight by the writers so they can portray cheap vasquez/ripley clones. The GW model was a one-off but it was FFG writers who really went all out on the "Imperial Guard is totally full of girls" nonsense including catachan women.
Catachan has no evidence of any kind of cloning of speed growth techniques, that's Krieg's shtick.
>>
>>54490316
No shit they are a different species as stated in the lore they are completely unlike human culture for that reason
>lack sexual dymorphism
Completely false females and males are distinct.
>>
>>54490362
Guardsman are an equal opportunity army, why are you guys arguing about that.

The only acceptable reason for space marines being all male is>>54490112
>>
>>54490315
>And putting every female schola graduate through the assassinorum's insane (and deadly) trial programs to find the tiny number able to actually match the male candidates would do nothing but cost the Adepta Sororitas all of their recruits.

I've never been arguing that females would make up a bulk of Eversors - just that there is no reason that some of them can't be females.

>>54490267
>You are just imposing your extremist politics onto the setting.
>Pointing out that - in a setting and game where they have no problem pointing out mono-gendered roles or armies (Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, single sex IG armies) that they never make this distinction with the Assassin Temples.
>extremist politics

Well done, you've now demonstrated you know less about your setting than a guy who just read a codex.
>>
>>54490397
I said they had less sexual dimorphism not none, but the fact that they we made for war makes them all gender inclusive
>>
>>54490309
There is no irony unless you feel people are extremist for opposing your extreme politics that just makes you too far gone for intelligent polite conversation.
>>
>>54490429
Im just going to stop replying to you because you are a nutter
>>54490430
No eldar have about as much sexual dymorphism as humans the difference is in aptitude. Eldar are continually highlighted as a skilled race and there isn't a limit between their sexes as far as that goes.
>>
>>54490362
>And you seem to think that all Imperial Guardsmen reach some sort of peak in physical performance rather than just an acceptable level that women could reach.
>peak
Women can barely reach the male average.
The Imperium has virtually unlimited people and therefore virtually unlimited men. They don't have enough ships and equipment to move them around.
Only the most desperate PDF of a world under attack would lower their standards to such a degree that accepting women into combat units was worthwhile.

>1. The canonical all-women guardsmen armies.
Do tell? The only hard figures I've ever seen says they make up <10% of the guard and that's mostly in rear-line all-female regiments (Cain books).

>2. The notion that the Imperium would not care what gender you are, as long as you can carry a lasgun and point it roughly in the direction of the chitenous horde coming down at you.
So why the hell haven't they just conscripted every single man there is? They must have some degree of scrutiny for whatever reason.
>>
>>54490446
You are the one calling his views extreme without providing an arguement about why males and females are equal despite quantifiable data that says they aren't
>>
>>54490503
Are you illiterate? I'm not arguing that they are.
>>
>>54490381
>Catachan has no evidence of any kind of cloning of speed growth techniques, that's Krieg's shtick.

What is life like in Catachan cities. I know they have to constantly fight back the jungle with flamers to keep the city from being swallowed by green hell, but what is day-to-day life like?

It's starting to sound more and more like Australia to me - city life is just Imperium Standard, but if you fuck off out of the city (or you're just unlucky with random bugs or critters sneaking in) you can get fucked up readily.

>>54490398
>The only acceptable reason for space marines being all male

The Adeptus Astartes are all guys, and by definition should stay that way. I think people get upset over two potential issues:
1. The new primaris shit might make a change to lore saying that the primaris process can be applied to females.
or
2. That women could be recruited from a young age, trained and indoctrinated from an early age, enhanced with as much cybernetic and biological augmentation as the Imperium can manage and then clad in the best army they can be given and get results better than the Soritas.
>>
>>54490532
>What is life like in Catachan cities. I know they have to constantly fight back the jungle with flamers to keep the city from being swallowed by green hell, but what is day-to-day life like?
From what I've read they seem to be nomadic. They can hold back the foliage somewhat but when the monsters start to close in they gotta move.
They're always 'in the bush'.

It ain't me starts playing
>>
The entire discussion has been trolled by two people
The waaah girls faggots that immediately brought up female marines
And
The waaah sexism everything must be equal faggots who brought up female marines.

Note the original op and rational posts itt are not even discussing that at all.
>>
>>54490532
Well the reason females can't be marines is because that would create a new race, that far surpasses humans.

But heavy-augmented girls are acceptable, if they function worse than marines
>>
>>54490578
>But heavy-augmented girls are acceptable, if they function worse than marines

Or even if they function better but are rarer. I mean, Assassins both Death Cult and Temple.
>>
>>54490490
>Im just going to stop replying to you because you are a nutter
>Pointing out that the Assassin Codex doesn't say 'All Eversors are Men' like they do with the Space Marines. Or that 'All Callidus are Women' like they do with the Sisters of Battle.
>Nutter.

>>54490495
>Only the most desperate PDF of a world under attack would lower their standards to such a degree that accepting women into combat units was worthwhile.

>Several Guard regiments include female troopers, including the Tanith First, the Omicron Rangers, and the Calderon Rifles. However, less than 10% of all Guard soldiers are female, and the vast majority of these serve in all-female regiments, such as the Valhallan 296th Ice Warriors. Mixed-sex regiments, such as the Tanith First and the Valhallan 597th, are a rarity.
- For the Emperor, Ciaphis Cain.
>>
>>54490612
>theres no sign saying i cant steal cars in the street
>therefore it must be ok
Quite literally autism
>>
>>54490635
I sure hope you're only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>54490635

The issue there is that there are several things that specifically state 'This is all male' or 'This is all female'. Assassins are one of those things that don't.
>>
>>54490611
Well assassins are built for totally different things, and are ridiculously skilled humans.

A ridiculously skill marine is the equivalent of papa smurf, drago, or Dante

S4 T4 troops should be restricted to being made by gods, like orks, warriors and space marines
>>
>>54490612
>Several Guard regiments include female troopers, including the Tanith First, the Omicron Rangers, and the Calderon Rifles. However, less than 10% of all Guard soldiers are female, and the vast majority of these serve in all-female regiments, such as the Valhallan 296th Ice Warriors. Mixed-sex regiments, such as the Tanith First and the Valhallan 597th, are a rarity.

And the Valhallan 296th was a rear-line regiment. The only times female guardsmen were put into frontline units are bureaucratic fuck ups like the Valallan 597th or ad hoc units like the Tanith First who just adopted some female refugees.
>>
>>54490649
No mate you are retarded your logic is the same as saying there must be female orks because its not explictly stated there aren't.
Or there is no reason a dog can't be a space marine or an ork can't join the guard.
This is your retarded logic mate own it or shut up and fuck off to the shit hole reddit sub you came from you stupid cunt.
>>
>>54490578
>But heavy-augmented girls are acceptable, if they function worse than marines

Why? The setting makes it crystal clear that the 'modern' Space Marines are inherently inferior to what they used to be.

Why should it be so shocking that if someone ignored the Space Marine creation process, they could homebrew a system to make superior warriors.

To be fair - this assumes a force ignoring the whole 'technoreligious' aspect of the creation of Marines. But if anyone could do it, Fabius Bile or Cawl would be top of the list.

>>54490611
>even if they function better but are rarer

An all female Space Marine analogue would obviously be rarer - even all female IG regiments make up barely 10% of the armed forces.

I think the issue here is that the 'muh mens club' extremists seem to think that the possibility of an armed force of women being equal to an armed force of men MUST mean that men and women are physically equal - rather than the obvious conclusion that a smaller percentage of women would be capable of matching the standards set by men.

Dumbasses.
>>
>>54490659
No where is it directly stated ogryn can't be sisters of battle.
>>
>>54490685
>>
>>54490701
>gets called out
>can only pathetically repeat the same post over and over
Reminds of the time one of your kind got btfo by a post i made and spent 8 hours posting "you're racist" at me.
>>
>>54490693
>An all female Space Marine analogue would obviously be rarer - even all female IG regiments make up barely 10% of the armed forces.

Well, depends on how they are made. I mean, once you hit 'Mechanicus' levels of augmentation I don't think you have enough of your original gender left for it to affect you.
>>
>>54490693
See, >>54490677
Plus thunder warriors are "better" than marines combat wise, that doesn't mean they are better for combat.

Primaris marines are "better", normal marines still can beat them.
>>
>>54490728
>>
>>54490693
>rather than the obvious conclusion that a smaller percentage of women would be capable of matching the standards set by men
Literally every 'muh mens club' in real life was forced to lower its standards so women could join.

Sure you might be able to find one capable woman out of every million capable men, but then you need justification for going through all that effort to find a woman instead of using the men.
SoB has the justification of needing to exploit the legal loophole.
>>
>>54490677
>A ridiculously skill marine is the equivalent of papa smurf, drago, or Dante

I'm not sure I'd agree there. Mostly due to all the augmentation assassins get and that Space Marines are supposed to be incredibly skilled. Marines are super rare so the 'Average' marine is a bit of a silly concept but so is the 'Average' assassin because they are likewise incredibly rare/have a high baseline. It's an area of fuzzy divides though. When you are augmented to the insane degree as an assassin are you still 'Human' or have you become a different thing like a Space Marine.
>>
>>54490789
Sob are women because they are a nunnery. That was militarised.
>>
>>54490789

>SoB has the justification of needing to exploit the legal loophole.

They existed well before the loophole. They were allowed to CONTINUE due to the Loophole.
>>
>>54490803
And they were militarised because the Ecclesiarchy wasn't allowed MEN-under-arms.
>>
>>54490816

They were a military before that. They are literally the people who ended the war that resulted in that law.
>>
>>54490816

That and because the Custodes vouched for them. They are one of almost no one who has been allowed into the Imperial Throne Room.
>>
>>54490816
They were a female only organisation before. Part of the issue itt is certain goblins are trying to impose their world view onto the setting that there isn't or shouldn't be female and male only organisations.
>>
>>54490824
They were a nunnery of random fanatics who protected an old shrine first.
Then Vandire made them official because he wanted a personal bodyguard harem Gaddafi-style.
Then they were allowed to continue via the law loophole.

At every step of their existence there was justification for why they would only accept women.
>>
I distinctly remember the marine process involves some manipulation of the Y chromosone. Which is what made it impossible to create female marines. Ill try to source it.
>>
>>54464921
The main issue here is that SoB aren't fans of transhumanism. They're all about the purity of the human form and such. Hammer and Anvil goes into this.
>>
>>54490885
Its really not that its the growth phase which makes it impossible. Women don't have the same pubety as males and can't withstand the standard marine procedure.
They would quite literally explode in the most painful way.
>>
>>54490851
They shouldn't be female space marines because of the mentioned creates a new species thing.

Not even sexist at all, big E wanted humans(normal ones) to rule the galaxy. They are slowly changing into a psychic race like him, but if he waited til that happens the power gap that was created by the fall of the eldar empire would be filled

So he created space marines as a quick effort to claim the stars for humanity, never intending them to replace humans because a race of big E's is stronger than a race of space marines
>>
>>54490885
There's also the fact that the pre-augmentation trials are so incredibly stringent that that vast majority of fit young men can't pass them, let alone women.
Even if they technically could be augmented, it would be like putting eight year olds through SEAL training.
>>
Just to restate the original point. People want bigger sisters (height mostly "durr thiccer" faggots get out) with slightly improved lore and stats. Not female marines.
>>
>>54490862

The law loophole was written by Thor deliberately so the SOB could continue. It's not really a work around the intentions.
>>
>>54490920
Wrong lexicanum states otherwise under requirments

"They must be male because the zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types."
>>
>>54491002
I know, that's why I said they were allowed to continue, as in allowed by Thor. Sorry if that was unclear.
>>
>>54491008
>lexicanum
And im not wrong this is the reason what do you think puberty is governed by you stupid kid?
>>
>>54490699
DRAWFAGS ASSEM-
>>54479436
Shit, beat me to it.

>>54490753
Experience trumps design, I suppose?

>>54490885
We already know. I think a bigger issue comes from people using the term 'Marine' to just refer to a heavily augmented soldier rather than the Adeptus Astartes specifically.
>>
>>54490999
The Skitarii?
Storm troopers?
Inquisitors?
>>
>>54490885
Lexicanum on creation of a space marine under requirements

"They must be male because the zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types."

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine
>>
>>54490070
No, because dark and edgy came after Emperor's death.

You have to remember that current Imperial faith is Logar's work
>>
>>54491035
What are you even saying? No people want something new not an equivalent.
>>
>>54491028
Women dont have y chromosomes tumblrtard.
>>
They should just turn a sister into a psuedo-primarch and then take her geneseed and create a small elite order of big sisters
>>
>>54490999
Who are these "people"? I am a sisters player who actually has an army of sisters models and I don't want bigger sisters or primaris sisters or anything else stupid like that. 40k's scale is already out of control.
>>
>>54491071
I didnt say that retard. Ill spell it out for you puberty is governed by sex hormones.
>>
>>54491095
Thats nice. Fuck off
>>
>>54491095

Yeah, as a SOB player I don't want bigger SOB Marines or anything like that. What I would like is something more tied into the faith idea. Hospitaler Superiors who can bring back 1d6 models rather than one as they literally heal wounds with a touch or elite troops who get mortal wounds on a roll of 6 because they make a miraculous shot past all defences.
>>
>>54491160
>marines
Every post that mentions marines about SoB can just be dismissed. Seriously stop.
>>
>>54491111
Which are produced by sex chromosome genes? Sure you can make a female looking dude with female parts but it's still a dude because he has the genetic information of a dude.
It's like how you are a human because you have the genetic information of a human.

>>54491060
Those are highly trained and augmented soldiers that can be female.
If you want something equivalent to space marines you are out of luck, it took crawl 10000 years to find a subbranch of space marines, that the emperor probably put in there anyways.
Unless you have a god lying around, you are out of luck.
>>
>>54491111
Hormones are governed by chromosomes this is science im sorry you are not happy with the way life works.

http://www.embryology.ch/anglais/ugenital/molec01.html
>>
>>54491160
>i don't want
No one cares. The point is a spinoff sub faction of sisters like Primaris. Not SoB
>>
>>54491186

Why? It was in reply to talking about people wanting 'Primaris SOB' and nonsense like that.
>>
>>54491196
I'm not arguing against what ever the fuck that idiot is talking about. But no the main point about why women can't undergo the same procedure even if it was tailored to them is because they would die.
>>
>>54491203
>The point is a spinoff sub faction of sisters like Primaris. Not SoB

Why? All it does is go 'Look, it's marines-lite'. You would be better off expanding in a different direction if you want a sub-faction to allow for more factional differentiation.
>>
>>54491204
OP and the nontrolling posts clearly say they are not talking about female astartes.
>>
>>54489445
>Bringing up logistical issues
>In the 40k setting
Logistics still matters to the inperium in 40k. Its why guardsmen all have flakk and lasguns instead of power armour and bolters.
>>
I just want a sisters of battle update, fuck man. God damn i just some plastic bolter bitches already.
>>
>>54491250
>Why?
>You would be better off expanding in a different direction

Have you paid any attention to Gee Dubs in the last five years? Something new would actually get results, as opposed to waiting for years for some new material on an old set.
>>
>>54491250
A marine is an astartes they have a different organisation and training besides their augmentation. Sisters wouldn't be "marine" anything if they were augmented with magical cawl tech.
Most idiots are referring to the old marine procedure even though the story has moved on to the 42nd millenium.
>>
>>54491279

And then do nothing but talk about 'Larger Sisters with gene modding and primaris stuff'.
>>
>>54491294
Logistics matters whenever the author thinks it should matter, and at no other time.

Unless you want to argue that 100 marines to a company makes any sort of sense, or having more guardsmen in a battle then could reasonably fit on a planet.
>>
>>54491196
>it took crawl 10000 years to find a subbranch of space marines, that the emperor probably put in there anyways.
>Unless you have a god lying around, you are out of luck.

No, it took GW one book to do that. All it'll take is another book saying Cawl made another batch of all female primaris marines and whatever bullshit reason they want to use to excuse that.
>>
>>54491325
>Sisters wouldn't be "marine" anything if they were augmented with magical cawl tech.

They would still suffer the same issue they've suffered since the start. The idea of them being marine-lite as they get the hand-me-downs from the marines unit and weapon-wise. Like how the SOB use 'Marine weapons but not ALL the marine weapons' and the Immolator (Now at least, not originally) is 'A razorback with less options'.

Going with 'We gave them cawl tech' would just be another step on that existing path that does nothing to help them step out of the marine shadow as a faction. I mean, St Celestine turned up at the same time as Cawl. Have her bless people, not have the foremost imperial heretek shove stuff in the SOB.
>>
>>54491368
Then I'll quit, because that's stupid and goes against the reason why space marines were all male in the first place.

But gee dubs won't do it because they realize that the SJW's aren't the ones consuming
>>
>>54491368
Logically it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't upgrade some Sisters if they now have the technology to do so. Sisters already use astartes equipement and they are a small elite force that dearly needs it.
>>
>>54491317
Except everything GW has been doing with 40k except chadmarines has been 2e nostalgia stuff and even they have some design refs to old stuff.
>>
>>54491419
You are a fucking idiot. Even after its explained to you that its not female space marines you still bring it up.
>>
>>54474252
I agree because feminism is super annoying these days but also my gf kind of wants to play and it'd be nice if there were more female options for her.
>>
>>54476637
You're stating that it's bullshit and unfair, but that's the point.
They're an order based on outdated ideals and throwbacks to the Medieval times.
I'm not saying it's not unfair; I'm saying that you're not exactly looking at the most compassionate and reasonable people here.
This kind of "no good reason" argument is like playing a WW2 rpg and wondering why you can't be a Jewish Nazi without some serious plot-twisting.
>>
>>54491309
?
But they are plastic.
>>
>>54491398
They are the female "marine" equivalent faction. The issue is their lore doesn't make sense because they are just a bunch of girls trying to operate in a similar elite special forces way.
Augmentation would smooth over the disbelief in a an all female force.
>>
>>54491469
>its compassionate and reasonable to put women into frontline combat
Yes just like child soldiers.
>>
>>54491509
Seems like you entirely miss the point and theme of them as a faction then.
>>
>>54491452
It's a primaris "equaliviant"
But there are already femalesuper soldiers in 40k, so much so that making anouther one would be stupid.

Nothing in my post had anything to do with marines. I just think it's stupid that you guys want another super-female squad.
Examples
>Sisters of battle
>Skitarii
>female guardsman
>sisters of silence
>inquisitors
>tech priests
>storm troopers

It's stupid to ask for another one, just ask for more sisters stuff, or rules for female guardsman. Or just fluff your Skitarii as all female.
>>
>>54491594
BigNope.jpg ive been a big fan of them since they were first released.
Its logically one of their weaknesses and complaints that in a galaxy full of scary stuff they are only viable under certain circumstances and get shat on by every other faction.
>>
They could work this into the fluff easily in 40k style.
Mention reports of unusually tall sisters units operating on battlefields.
Going cqc with csm and orks
Questions about the possibilty that they are augmented being flatly denied by the SoB.
Cawl ambiguously denies any hand in it.
Guilimam facepalming
Etc
>>
>>54491571
>put
No. It isn't compassionate or reasonable to PUT anyone into frontline combat. War is not compassionate, nor often reasonable. But, if someone wants to fight for something, and they can pass some sort of test of competency, then by all means, they should be ALLOWED to.
>>
>>54491779

If someone believes in something enough to die for it, they can be my guest.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>54491818
You go to /pol/ dumb immoral screecher.
>>
>>54491818
Like a jihadi? Where in the law does it state things are ok because people want to fight to the death over it? Get out of here you extremist nutcase.
>>
>>54491818
Yea put they are also wasting tax money. If you have to have the standards lowered for you, i don't think I should be paying for your weapon and food and shelter.
>>
>>54491842
It's not. But that's war. And we're talking about a sci-fi fantasy setting where war is prevalent. You all seem to be getting really fucking political about the very idea of a female character in a game.
>>
>>54491886
No thats not war. One of the points of war is keeping women out of harms way. We are talking about the real ,world right now.
40k is different its obviously fantasy but the Soritas are comoletely different even GW realises this. They have the best equipement to compensate for the fact they are female.
>>
>>54491886
Also nice fucking ad hominem. Im one of the posters calling the loudest for new sisters itt. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>54491917
>We are talking about the real ,world right now.
No we fucking aren't. That's off-topic for this board. Like I said, go to /pol/ for that. I was always talking about ideas as pertinent to 40k, WHICH IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.
>>
>>54491949
Can you fuck off. You dumb fucking /pol/ screecher.
No one gives a fuck about your politics and your triggered feelings.
>>
>>54491949
You are the one that brought up real life stuff first you retard and your political opinion.
>>
>>54491972
My first post was simply stating that female space marines does not fit the theme of space marines, regardless of personal beliefs, as the faction itself is adherent to certain ideals. Then, you fucker(s?) started bitching about how women shouldn't be soldiers IRL. That's political, and off-topic. This is not the board to bitch about women in the military IRL. Am I so wrong to not want /pol/ shit smeared all over the fucking Traditional Games board?
>>
>>54492046
You brought up real life comparrisons first dickhead and then you tacted on your belief that anyone should be able to do anything if they want to ie poltics.
Go shit post on /pol/ you teenage halfwit.
>>
>>54492111
I think you're confusing 2 people for one. Not everyone who's replied to you has been me. Stop.
>>
>>54492046
How are your posts not political. We can follow your post chain and your entirely poltiical then you flip out at people responding to you.
Another case of a dishonest screecher starting a political argument while claiming their fringe views are not politics.
>>
>>54492131
So why specifically are you singling me out and not the other guy asshole. Fuck off with your insane bullshit.
Do you think people are stupid we know the games your kind play. Get out of here.
>>
>>54490112
Even if you add girl marines they're still the same species. They're not genetically modified, just bilogically. If two space marines somehow managed to have children, the result would genetically be a normal human child.
>>
>>54476726
>40k has heavy shades of "HRE in space" and obviously women aren't going to be part of knightly orders.

I get that I just find it strange that:

>Psykers, Bolters, genetic modification, Orks painting things red and they actually move faster because... psychic!
= HRE in Space

>tits in power armor
= REEEEEE NOT THEMATIC! BREAKS MY IMMERSION! MAKES NO SENSE
>>
>>54491629
>rules for female guardsman
we don't need different rules for them.

all that really needs to happen is for the next IG infantry kit to include a feminine head or 2. maybe a couple of female torsos depending armour. if its heavier stuff like cadians or storm troopers your bodies are essentially androgynous already.
>>
>>54493334
Cadians models are only androgynous in that they could easily be male or female gorillas.
>>
>>54491461

Just have her play Nids like almost every other female 40k player I know. It satisfies something about the collective female unconscious to play an all-devouring creature.
>>
>>54492884

None of that shit you greentexted is what I was talking about. I was talking about the orders of warrior monk/knights that are mostly celibate and have a heavy religious bent to them.

>tits in power armor

Even discounting Slaaneshi types, nothing about "tits in power armor" isn't thematic, per se - it's just female Space Marines. There are plenty of power armored female Inquisitors, Tech-Priests, and of course Sororitas, but they're not Astartes. And there shouldn't be female marines the same way there shouldn't be male sisters; making everything samey makes for boring fluff.

So if you were seriously thinking I had a problem with badass warrior women in a scifi/fantasy setting, you're wrong. I just think Astartes should stay 100% male.
>>
>>54491461
guard have some options. as they are kreiger, vostroyan and storm trooper minis are usually andorgynous. You could get away with saying your army is all/mostly women undernthe trenchcoats and armour.

Eldar kits usually have a mix of male and female.

Tau fire caste would be an even mix of men and women. cannonically the only apparent dimorphism is the shape of their face slit.
>>
>>54494207
I might be wrong on this, but I think Krieg and Vostroyans are both canonically 100% male.

Valhallans would probably be a better example.
>>
>>54494360
krieg may be. but you can just use the minis and say they're some other gasmaksed trenchcoat regiment.

Vostroyan First born are all men. But other (non first born) all female Vostroyan regiments have been mentioned to exist.
>>
>>54494604
wait no I had mixed up vostroyand and valhallans.

still you can just use the vostroyan minis like the kreig ones.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.