[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons and Dragons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170722-090614.jpg (525KB, 810x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-090614.jpg
525KB, 810x2292px
Hi /tg/ can someone help me with all these books they sell please! Im relatively new to D&D and I wanted to buy all of the main books for him for his birthday soon but as I was looking for them there was loads and now I have no idea what ones I need and I'm hoping someone here can help and if anyone has any suggestions for campaign books that would be amazing! Thanks!

The picture is my list so far are these all the books you need???
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-093445.png (693KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-093445.png
693KB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-093452.png (581KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-093452.png
581KB, 1080x1920px
Last bit sorry!
>>
You can get way cheaper plastic dice that work fine. Get two sets of dice and make sure they are made for d20 gaming (should come with d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20 and d100 dice). You don't need the DM screen, that is only for dungeon masters and as a new player you won't be doing that. Likewise you don't need the DM Guide book. The Player's Handbook is essential, get that. You don't need the Starter Box if you get the PHB. I haven't tried any 5e campaign books yet. However, they have level ranges printed on them so if you get any make sure they can be used for beginner characters (level 1-whatever). Character sheets identical to the ones they sell can be downloaded from the internet and printed for free.

If you want to learn more about monsters and lore, the Monster Manual, Volo's Guide to Monsters and Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide are all good. They are not required for regular players though. They are mostly for DMs or for people who want to learn about the lore.
>>
Oh perfect thanks! Well me and partner play it together with a few friends and hes usually the DM so are the other bits essential for the DM hes played it for a little while but im new and didnt want to ask him as i want it to be suprise.
>>
>>54459598
Double-check his book collection to make sure you aren't buying him copies of books that he already has.
>>
>>54459598

If he is DMing then yes get him the DM Guide and the screen. I don't know how much you are willing to spend but the last books I mentioned (Monster Manual, Volo's Guide to Monsters, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) are all great resources for a new DM.
>>
File: lmop.jpg (75KB, 506x303px) Image search: [Google]
lmop.jpg
75KB, 506x303px
Don't worry, you don't actually need all of that stuff! The three main books you need are the Player's Handbook, the Monster Manual, and the Dungeon Master's Guide. The rest of the stuff you have here is really nice to have, but not actually required to play.

The Starter Set's also nice to have as a way to try out the game. It's got a small campaign included, so you won't have to buy other adventures right away (pic related). I think you can actually get through most of the Starter Set just by using the rules WotC have posted online, so if you're not sure that whoever you're buying these for is going to use all these expensive books, that might be the best thing to buy.
>>
Oh okay well i dont think he has any books atm hes just been googling everything and writing up his own campaigns but he keeps mentioning books I thought it would have just been a maxium of three books, but nope... I have added all of them to my wish list to order when I get paid (the books you mentioned) and ill look for some level one books as I can imagine, we will all have to redo our character sheets with all thr new rules and stuff as we were probably doing it wrong somewhere! Hopefully not but thanks again for your help! :)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-100140.png (462KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-100140.png
462KB, 1080x1920px
These three??
>>
>>54459441
Rule No. 1: Don't play D&D.
Rule No. 2: If you must play D&D, at least don't buy D&D.
>>
>>54459739

Good to start with, get the DM book if you can afford it
>>
>>54459739
See >>54459882
>>
>>54459988
Does not contain the DMG.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.