[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did my player mean by this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: the_lich_by_sbwomack-d5vy1dl.png (432KB, 707x812px) Image search: [Google]
the_lich_by_sbwomack-d5vy1dl.png
432KB, 707x812px
>DM for some new player
>they don't know exactly what to do but they seem to have fun
>at the very end i ask what they think of the game
>"it was fun but not enough plot and lore"
what do i do to please him?
>>
Add some plot, man. Also, throw in some lore, lore is important. And basically, thicken your plot, it helps.
>>
>>54453484
It was opposite day today, so it actually means you need more fighting and dungeon crawling without any context or meaning.
>>
Just spend a little more time letting the players explore and learn more about the world and the people in it, learning about the greater storyline and world at large.
>>
>>54453484
>ask for feedback
>get clear feedback
>what do??????????
Add more lore and plot. Make gods that have names and importance

Make the players think about who the good/bad guy is
>>
File: city of.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
city of.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>54453636
the weird thing is that they did exactly the oppostite. they basically went around town mugging from anybody they see. they didn't even go into any dungeon even though I gave plenty of plot hooks to go adventuring
>>
>>54453682
Make it so that next time they dick around, the lore comes to them.

They attack a noble who drops suspicious looking scrolls.

While murdering some rats they find one of them starts talking to them.

Or throw them in jail and force them to serve the king or escape prison, leading to wacky adventures of story and such.
>>
File: fierce.png (509KB, 526x527px) Image search: [Google]
fierce.png
509KB, 526x527px
>>54453748
these ideas sound good anon. i will probably do something similar
thanks
>>
>>54453781
You're welcome OP.
Happy to help.
>>
>>54453484

Sounds like you ran a shallow dungeon crawl.
>>
What was the plot of your campaign?
>>
>>54453748
Genuine advice? On /tg/?
I admire your moxy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.