[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrewed MTG cards thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_ote71kgQcU1tm904wo1_400.png (297KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ote71kgQcU1tm904wo1_400.png
297KB, 396x554px
>>
File: Kazrik of the IronHammer.png (263KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kazrik of the IronHammer.png
263KB, 375x523px
https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/mickio1/sets/22754

I might as well start with a little pet project ive been working on for a bit now, its a set based on the RPG games ive been having for about a year or so now mainly as a gift to the GM.
>>
>>54452598
This card is satire right?
>>
>>54452654
"Remove X counters: Kazrik the IronHammer does X damage to target creature"
Wording is important.
Also you want this thread >>54406778
>>
>>54454504
Shieeeeet. Sorry for whatever thread i destroyed making this useless thing...

>>54454245
Sadly, i do not believe so. I am most certain this is some autistic kid's OC card.
>>
File: Zampire.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zampire.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>54452598
Can we include AI generated cards that are less bullshit than this?
>>
>>54456724
What does herse do again?
>>
>>54458109
Read the reminder text

The AI will make up its own keywords sometimes, the reminder text sometimes comes out like that
>>
So I was designing a Weird West set. It would be another artifact set and revisit Vehicles. It however would also introduce another type of artifact that work similar to vehicles, firearms. Firearms work in the following way:
>have to be equipped to a creature
>come into play with a certain number of 'load' counters on them
>you can tap the equipped creature to add a 'load' counter
>firearms may be tapped to remove load counters in order to activate their effect

One of the examples is the classic Revolver:

>Revolver
>3 Colorless

>Load 6 (Revolver comes into play with Six load counters on it. An equipped creature may be tapped to add a single load counter to Revolver.)
>Tap, Remove a Load Counter, Deal 2 damage to target creature or player
>Equip (1)

This is the simplest firearm. One of the biggest design philosphies is that firearms are supposed to make things easier to kill. They do damage, remove things like hexproof, give -1/-1 counters, kill creatures, etc. They're supposed to be damage and burn. Now a few of the keywords I designed for this:
>Quickdraw (a creature may equip a firearm to itself as it comes into play)
>Loader (can add multiple load counters at once, like Load 2 would mean they add 2)
>Shootout (Shootout occurs mostly on enter the battlefield effects. Each player flips the top card of their library. However has higher CMC wins the shootout. A player may instead however substitute that for the CMC a firearm they currently have equipped to a creature they control. If I had a creature with Revolver equipped to them I could instead choose it rather than flip my top. Cards have effects based on winning shootouts)

This is a mono colored tribes plane. I choose these tribes for each color:
>Red
Kobolds, their main theme for the set is 'powder keggers' which is dealing damage to both themselves and other things, and dealing damage based on number of kobolds.
>White
Ghosts.
>Blue
Harpies
>Green
Centaur
>Black
Imps

(ran out of room)
>>
>>54458929
ooh thats a really cool idea!
>>
>>54458929
I like the concept, but it may need some tweaking to keep it from getting clunky.
>>
File: Riverboat%20Gambler[1].jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Riverboat%20Gambler[1].jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>54458929
It's been done.
http://www.planesculptors.net/set/lorado#cards
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.