[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect 1880

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1317637934063.jpg (897KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1317637934063.jpg
897KB, 1680x1050px
Following a meteorite collision in the Arizona desert in late 1879, a new element is discovered in the crater left behind: Element Zero.

Element Zero allows for the use of Mass Effects by late 19th century humanity. Assuming that there are no alien races nor Reapers lurking in the black, what happens to earth now?
>>
I think there are some intermediate parts that are missing here. Element zero enables faster than light travel, but they would still need to get into space and have reasons to discover these properties of element zero.

I mean, rather than a meteorite collision, why not have a ship crash that could be reverse engineered or something.
>>
>>54449958
That would also be a good idea. I originally thought to remove all alien references, but I suppose a Reaper falling out of the sky would be cool.
>>
>>54449958
FTL isn't all that the mass effect does though, it's catch-all for mass alteration or cancellation.

A lot of what happens would depend on how much ezo there is and how much would be used up just for experimentation. Developing mass effect based technology that early would change the face of the Earth undeniably, but only for as long as the ezo doesn't run out.
>>
>>54449639
but i want to fuck my hanar wife
>>
>>54450758
Would a genetically engineered helium-octopus be okay?
>>
bumping out of curiosity, but lack of scientific or historical knowledge means I have little potential for input in to this
>>
>>54450722
Airships everywhere
>>
>>54450722
Luckily, you only need small amounts of eezo to do stuff.
>>
I don't want to think of a world without Krogan.
>>
>>54449639
>what happens to earth now?
Very little since there is no prothean data beacon to reverse engineer blueprints from. A small amount of usable Eezo is found and likely consumed before anything useful is learned.
>>
>>54456938
>Being this literal
>not suspending disbelief long enough to have fun
>Being this new
>MFW
>>
>>54457754
>suspension of disbelief
>for something that didn't exist in the first place.
>>
depends on haw much eezo they have. one meteor is hardly enough to supply humanity for long enough to have much impact
>>
>>54449639
I built a weird WW2 seeing on a similar premise.

A slew of alien ships crash on Earth. The easiest thing to reverse engineer (because it's self replicating) is the ships equivalent of hydrolics. Basically a shiny substance that contracts like muscle tissue when exposed to electrical stimulus.

It was basically an in setting reason to have big stompy mechs and armored suits. "Alien tech" was my handwavium for any weird science I wanted to shoehorn into the setting.
>>
>>54449639
>>54457883
I might do something like a whole transport convoy filled with the stuff, and whatever other tech and aliens I wanted to include, crashes instead of just a lone meteor.

How long do krogan take to reproduce? Might have them used as shock troops in the not WW1.
>>
>>54457926
That's pretty cool anon. What system did you use?
>>
>>54457926
>"Alien tech" was my handwavium for any weird science I wanted to shoehorn into the setting.
See this people, this is how you world build
>>
>>54458410
"It's magic I ain't gotta splain shit?
>>
Anyone familiar with the Deadlands setting? In nutshell form, Indians in 1865 do a ritual that breaks California apart, revealing a new super fuel called ghost rock. Ten years later the civil war is still raging on, steampunk spaghetti western horror driven by the four horsemen.

Either some of the ghost rock has ezo properties, or a meteor strike contaminates/converts some ghost rock into "blue ghost rock" (ezo) and the mad scientists figure out how to use this new resource pretty quick. Best part, ghost rock slowly regenerates, so the bgr would too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.