[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Pathfinder.jpg (291KB, 1000x998px) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder.jpg
291KB, 1000x998px
What went so horribly, horribly wrong?
>>
>>54446500
polishing a turd
>>
>>54446500
People trying to "fix" a system that they understood even less than its incompetent original designers.
>>
>>54446516
This.
>>
>>54446500
The Players Guide was to bulky, and it's spin is falling apart. Should had made it a Player's and a GM's Guide for two separate manuals. I have to use my tablet for quick reference and only pull out the main book for group intervention of rules lawyer.
>>
>>54446500
3.5's late game game balance was garbage because of its first supplements. Paizo made alot of break throughs on how to make well balanced classes like the dread necro, beguiler, binder, MoI, ToB, warlock even the factotum.

Paizo decided LET'S MAKE WIZARDS STRONGER. And that FIGHTERS ARE OVER POWERED BECAUSE THEY CAN FULL ATTACK AAAAAALLLL DAY
>>
>>54447476
*wotc made breakthroughs
>>
>>54446500
Nothing really. Its fun if you got a good group.
>>
>>54447525
FATAL is fun if you got a good group. Does that mean FATAL didn't go horribly, horribly wrong?
>>
Cultural Marxism.
>>
>>54447569
FATAL has never been or well be fun. With any group
>>
>>54446500

The one mistake that a creator can never survive is to interpret negative feedback as insult. The attitude of the company was "we meant to do that, if you don't like it, leave" and then they were shocked when people left.
>>
>>54446500
a lot better than 4th ed D&D and more fun to play than 5th's . It main problem is in trying to fix grappling it broke a whole lot more. It still did not fix grappling. It also should have powered down magic users. The whole range touch attack should never been put in.
>>
>>54447476
>dread necro, beguiler, binder, MoI, ToB, warlock even the factotum.
Man I love all those classes. So much fun to play.
>>
>>54446500
Not much.
>>
>>54446500
It decided to embrace most of 3.5's flaws and label them as virtues.
This has gone horribly right for its creators, who managed to capture an audience who didn't want to change systems (and considering 3.5's system and D&D tending to be most people's introduction to RPGs, it's hard to blame them if they'd think most systems were as dense) at the exact right time to do so.
Thus those flaws have stuck around far longer than they have any right to.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.