[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried to make Metroid into a campaign setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 1375409749229.jpg (196KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1375409749229.jpg
196KB, 1366x768px
Has anyone tried to make Metroid into a campaign setting?
>>
File: mVC5qDb.png (791KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mVC5qDb.png
791KB, 1280x720px
>>54446254
I would play the hell out of that. Metroid is one of if not my favourite game series.

Only problem would having to change it to fit multiple people and what system to use.
>>
>>54447635
>having to change it to fit multiple people
Good thing based Nintendo already did it with this best-seller
>>
>>54447635
You'd have to play as some independent or Fed-aligned force. No sole bounty hunters here.

As for system, it would depend on the tone. For all we've seen, the Metroid universe is pretty dark if you're not Samus.
So if you want it stylized, you could try modifying the 40k RPGs. A bunch of rules for power armours, weapon systems and stuff already exist in one form or another. Only War would work for Federation troopers, Dark Heresy for more independent/investigatory folks. Imagine running into some Chozo ruins and being sent there by the Feds as an archaeological survey team.

If you want less stylized or just dislike the 40k system, you could use RuneQuest 6/Mythras. With the Firearms addon and a bit of homebrewing, you could make pretty much anything, Metroid being no exception.

If you want as simulationist and gritty as you can, there's the obligatory GURPS suggestion.
>>
>>54447740
>not playing as a bunch of different bounty hunters (like in Hunters or Corruption) forced to work together by circumstance
Fun fact, this was the original game concept for metroid prime 2. You can still read the design documents on the web as "metroid 1.5"
>>
>>54447740
Play as space pirates.
Solve everything by injecting it with a highly lethal/volatile substance, and build
everything outta TUUUUUUUBES!
>>
>>54451963
>Flaw: Vapor for Brains.
>Science Team members are notorious for compulsive experimenting. When confronted with a possibility to "learn" something (no matter how dangerous it might seem), a Science Team member must succeed at a Hard Willpower test to not endanger the lives of his allies and the integrity of the location with a slapdash "experiment."
>>
probably
>>
>>54446254
I did it using the system I made. Gave everyone Biosynthe suits that they could upgrade via alien technology or biology - like, rip a turret off the wall and write a program for it to be an autoturret that sits on their shoulder type stuff. It was fun, until someone went retarded and grabbed a bunch of alien plasma rifles and tossed them into a geothermal generator exploding the ship everyone was on.
>>
>>54455936
Just for anyone wanting to replicate it - my suggestion would be to use the GitS d20 Modern system http://www.serenadawn.com/Download-Gits.html
to build your suits (roughly the same rules as building a cyborg), then toss in some homebrew to allow the suits to automatically repair themselves as long as they have the power to do so, and to be able to physically incorporate alien tech (even biology if you want), but the operators must write programs in order to utilize that tech to keep it interesting. Don't allow the characters to gain additional HP either. Once their suits go down, they're RIP.
>>
>>54456045
it's not an exact analog to the way I did it, but it's close enough that it's what I would recommend. When I release my system, I'll be including specific rules to be able to do stuff like this.
>>
>>54447669
*hurck* i think i just had an aneurism seeing that
>>
File: Samus_artwork_6.jpg (71KB, 443x425px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_artwork_6.jpg
71KB, 443x425px
>>54447669
Get out of here with that.

>>54447740
Best way to play it would probably be bounty hunters hired by the Federation to do suchandsuch depending where want to with the campaign. This would probably give the most freedom with the campaign.
I'm not too familiar with 40k but I can see them working as the main aspect for each character would be the power armor.

>>54451963
That would be interesting. Could even have multiple type fights with Samus or the Federation.

>>54455936
That's a really awesome feature to have, could have some awesome shenanigans with it but is still similar to the classic suit upgrades from the games so it makes sense.

>>54455936
>>54456083
Sounds like a sweet way to run it
>>
File: 1498554672910.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498554672910.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1432235158489.jpg (441KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1432235158489.jpg
441KB, 1800x1200px
>>
File: Power Suit Samus.png (38KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
Power Suit Samus.png
38KB, 635x600px
>>54458586
>fights with Samus
Probably closer to seeing who can run the fastest of the group before THE HUNTER catches up.
>>54454110
Yes.
>>
what would the classes be?
would there even be classes at all?
>>
File: Metroid Marines v3.pdf (933KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Marines v3.pdf
933KB, 1x1px
>>54446254
here ya go OP.
>>
>>54462633
was going to post that if you want to play with feds, this is the best
>>
>>54462615
it may work best classless, or with a race/class system (ai. if your race is space pirate your class is space pirate, if your race is human your class is human, etc)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.