[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a reminder that scrawling graffiti was common in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: C1oqy0aW8AEUAkj.jpg (124KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
C1oqy0aW8AEUAkj.jpg
124KB, 900x900px
This is a reminder that scrawling graffiti was common in the ancient world.

As such, your fantasy characters should regularly carve doodles into tables and walls.
>>
File: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.png (991KB, 1257x714px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.png
991KB, 1257x714px
>>54444444
You absolute madfairy.

>>54443721
Why would he vandalize the establishments generous enough to host him?
>>
>>54446409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo
>>
>>54443721

in fact, all of those depictions are found in almost the same places in different churches in england, close to medieval harbours. Its thought that the image was a prayer or effigy either as to ask for protection, or in prayer for sailors lost.

its quite an intriguing detail of medieval iconography.
>>
>session 1 starts with the party trying to find out who has been writing shit about them in local graffiti
>>
File: 1491198218994.gif (2MB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491198218994.gif
2MB, 300x229px
>>54443721
I remember hearing some faggot named Maximus in Pompeii scrawled "Maximus makes the women moan" on a wall and it ended up getting preserved for thousands of years in volcanic ash. Even funnier, some other guy wrote "Weep women, for I have given you up! Now my penis only penetrates men's behinds! Goodbye, glorious femininity!"

>>54444444
Fug
>>
>>54458072
>We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.
http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm
>>
>>54458072
nice to know that shitposting is a proud and ancient tradition and we follow in the footsteps of the greats.
>>
>>54458124
VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin.
>>
Roman graffiti is best graffiti.
>>
>>54458140
>/flying buttress/ was never good
>>
>>54458164
The tunnels from Theseus and the Minotaur are full of graffiti.

http://www.labyrinthos.ch/Labyrinth-Hoehle.english.html

They also stored German gunpowder for a while.
>>
File: 1500438723473.png (165KB, 653x416px) Image search: [Google]
1500438723473.png
165KB, 653x416px
>>54443721
>Graffiti
>>54444444
>Cirno
/tg/, how do we combine these two premises together into something that would make a good setting element?
>>
File: kilroy-1.jpg (38KB, 576x559px) Image search: [Google]
kilroy-1.jpg
38KB, 576x559px
>>54443721

>The party does not engage in the time honoured tradition of marking dungeons they loot.

Sad.
>>
>>54458072
There's Varangian Graffiti in the Hagia Sofia traced back to the Viking Age, which would put in somewhere around the 11th or 12th century a.d. .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_inscriptions_in_Hagia_Sophia
But, honestly, I only came here for the get.
>>
>>54443721
Please don't justify the barbarian drawing dicks in every cave we go to
>>
>>54458122
>On April 19th, I made bread
Is this some sort of clever idiom?

>Aufidius was here. Goodbye
Polite.

>Marcus loves Spendusa
>Rufus loves Cornelia Hele
>Figulus loves Idaia
High school bathroom stall/10

>Atimetus got me pregnant
She was stoned for this, wasn't she?

>Chie, I hope your hemorrhoids rub together so much that they hurt worse than when they every have before!

Damn. Was everybody talking about their hemorrhoids back then?
>>
>>54458589
Fairy Graffiti? Little fey shits slipping into towns at night so scribble out tiny messages in hard to notice places. Mostly crude descriptions and/or pictures of fairy genitals, petty insults and anti-human slurs; but they occasionally slip in ancient prophecies, lost maps to great treasure and the deep, dark secrets of the townsfolks
>>
>>54461269
I think by "made bread" he's saying he did a loaf sized shit?
>>
>>54458589
What is the context of your image?
>>
>>54463673
My guess is ICEberg lettuce is the punchline.
>>
>>54462130
and now I know what my next shadowrun is going to be related to.
>>
File: Fiddler on the Roof.gif (4MB, 398x255px) Image search: [Google]
Fiddler on the Roof.gif
4MB, 398x255px
>>54461269
>clever
Certainly not.
>idiom
Pic related.
>>
>>54461269
I assume it has to do with putting a bun in the oven.
>>
What about dungeon graffiti?
>>
>elves do not use graffiti
>at least, that is what they claim
>if anyone graffitis in their cities, they blame other races - and indeed, elves avoid such things in their own neighborhoods
>elven youths tend to leave their marks in forgien towns, where the elegant elf language is usually passed off as art, to no end of amusment for the elves
>and now you know why the elven ambassador looked so amused at your ancient elven artwork
>>
>>54476440
That sounds hilarious.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.