[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something to scare 40k universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 71

File: zxM7D.jpg (235KB, 1280x630px) Image search: [Google]
zxM7D.jpg
235KB, 1280x630px
As a gm , I'm looking for a universe / technology that can threaten 40k.

>5% shitposting allowance
>>
I saw on a thread years ago a fictional universe where the space battles took nanoseconds.

That kinda stuff.
As much fluff or reference as possible.
>>
>>54442489
Or ultra spooky supernatural stuff could also work.
>>
>>54442489

Gunbuster. Both Gunbuster humanity and the Space Monsters they fight look juuuust enough like something 40k would think they could take, but would find out quickly how wrong that is.

Space Monsters... imagine if Tyranids laid their eggs in suns, had psychic powers that let them FTL on a dime, can spit balls of plasma that can penetrate clean through a moon before exploding and taking out half of your fleet that was using that moon for cover...

And there are more space monsters than there are Tyranids. A lot more. One swarm that attacks Earth is a group of them so numerous that the swarm of space monsters was enough to fill the entire orbital area of pluto around the sun.

The Gunbuster fought such monsters by the trillions, and by the end of the war was outdated tech.

Gunbuster HUMANS, for example, eventually say 'fuck it' and turn Jupiter into a massive black hole bomb, FTL it into the center of Space Monster territory, and wipe more than 50% of the stars in the milky way off the map in one go.

This ultimately fails to stop the space monsters.
>>
>>54442489
Doctor Who Daleks.

Or Doctor Who himself.
>>
>>54442489
Anything with time travel that can change things.
>>
There was that bit in the lore with the Vault of Echoes. Long story short Things from another dimension came pouring out of a fold in space and started kicking the shit of out everything because they were nigh immune to both physical attacks and warp shit. They were only driven back by a Dark Age McGuffin, which a puritan inquisitor declared extra heretical and blew up after. The Vault is still out there in space, so the Things could come back at any time, and the only thing that could stop them got exterminatus'ed.
>>
File: Xeelee_omnibus.jpg (24KB, 262x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xeelee_omnibus.jpg
24KB, 262x400px
This makes the Imperium look like pussies and lucky bastards.
>>
>>54443297

Forgive me anon, but that all sounds really, really stupid.
>>
>>54442489
The blood tide, and also the androids
>>
>>54443733

No dumber than anything else in 40k.

If you think THATS stupid, the first half of Gunbuster is essentially a spoof of a tennis anime, replacing learning to pilot giant robots for the traditional sports montages.

Well, most of the sports montages. You still get robots doing pushups.
>>
>>54443297
>>54443733
>>54443763
I think this pretty much encapsulates why these threads are dumb and pointless. There will always be people coming along with whatever fucking book or shitty anime have giant rape swords that eat entire dimensions or whatever. None of it is even remotely narratively satisfying, on top of the fact that the original universe in question is stupid and unsatisfying, and just engenders these brainless "nu-UH" arguments
>>
>>54443759
Just as a side note, in 40k the imperium is quite primitive and weak compared to the humans during the golden age before everything went to shit
>>
>>54443808

Its a catch-22, isnt it?

Anything that isnt OBVIOUSLY overwhelming in power will be dismissed by 40k fanboys out of hand because 'lol exterminatus'.

But anything powerful enough that 40k is clearly outclassed is 'stupid bullshit'.

There's not a lot of middle ground there.
>>
>>54443859

I'm not a 40k fanboy. I do enjoy the fluff from time to time, but only in the same vein that I enjoy old, poorly dubbed martial arts action films.

Maybe I'd have to watch Gunbuster to appreciate it, but that description sounds too ridiculous even for me.

I do agree that threads like this are generally pointless though.
>>
>>54442489
Supreme Commander with 24 hour of prep.
>>
>>54442489
Not going to work, Chaosfags are just going to screech about how Chaos corrupts all and is omnipotent.
>>
>>54442489
Star Wars.

The Death Star can anihilate any 40k fleet,and their FTL is super fast for 40k standards.
>>
The borg could do alright if given enough time to set up some manufacturing bases: safer FTL, rapid adaptation of tech, fearless and probably soulless. Real issue is scale differences between the universes and no precedent for how they would fare against packers (likely poorly). They would likely be shrekt quite handily by Necrons or Eldar but would be a huge pain in the ass for the imperium and possible doomsday for the tau. Also probably a love interest for the admech.
>>
>>54443899

To be fair, the best parts of Gunbuster are not the space monsters. They are an excuse for the plot to happen.

The emotional core of Gunbuster is the time dillation from the extended space travel.

Its a weird show. In 6 episodes it goes from Rocky to The Forever War.
>>
>>54444045
*psykers, though the packers in their prime did effectively have plot armor
>>
>>54442489
The Culture is the easy answer.

If you really wanted to one up 40k, just dumb the Excession on them.
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>54443975
I like to see you try.
>>
>>54443975
Because the Death Star was so easy to produce and had no glaring weaknesses.
>>
>>54442489
>As a gm
If we were playing a 40k game and suddenly a portal opened up and Goku flew out I'd reach across the table and slap you.
>>
>>54442489
Metabarons.
>>
>>54444148
hun no, there was no glaring weakness, thays literraly the point of Rogue One
>>
>>54442489

Marvel Universe, maybe. The average MU hero isn't much of a threat to the 40k universe, but the big guns like Silver Surfer, Reed Richards (and ult Reed Richards), Galactus, etc could fuck shit up.
>>
>>54443430
Really.
Can you explain a bit?
>>
>>54443297
Op here.
I like it!
>>
>>54443679
Opera here.
Can you elaborate?
It looks just the ticket
>>
>>54443816
Opera here.
That's a good point.
Any fluff / examples?
>>
Fuck
I'm going to change my name to opera
>>
>>54444045
Yes.
Very good.

Yours faithfully opera
>>
>>54443679

This.

The whole war would be over in minutes.
>>
>>54443899
Gunbuster is actually great though, it's only the sequel that gets really dumb
>>
File: Base Delta Zero.jpg (565KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Base Delta Zero.jpg
565KB, 1600x1200px
>>54444109
Don't taunt someone who can make you underground bases achieve scape velocity
>>54444148
And 40k fleets are easy to produce,right?Also>>54444198

>>54442489
I forgot about Halo's Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine.Any safe fast FTL would make 40k shit its pants.
>>
>>54442489
Vingeverse - Major civilizations from the Beyond, or anything from the Transcend could royally fuck up 40k.
>>
>>54444492

Xeelee are one of the most advanced species in fiction.

The Xeelee have absolute mastery over the entirety of all baryonic matter in universe. Entire galactic clusters are just bricks to these guys.

Future humans make it to Type III and try to attack the Xeelee by shooting a whole neutron star at them like a bullet. The Xeelee brush this off as though it were insignificant... because it absolutely was. In the endgame of the war between the Xeelee and the Photino Birds, the Xeelee used hypermassive knots of cosmic string as missile-to-missile defense against weaponized galaxies.

There's also the Photino Birds, creatures of dark matter against whom the Xeelee fight a multi-billion year existential war and lose, who have absolute mastery over all the dark matter in the universe.
>>
>>54443975
This. Maybe not the Death Star since it's a big grey ball of sitting duck, but Star Destroyers and small craft would wreck shit. If anyone regards TFA as canon, a skilled enough pilot could come out of light speed in a planet's fucking atmosphere. They'd be the undisputed masters of hit-and-run. Imagine having to worry about a ship coming out of Hyperspace at any second of any day and assulting you, then hightailing it before you can react. The Imperium (not Empire) would be shitting themselves.
>>
>>54442489
Oh, that's easy: put in a noblebright good guy faction and watch the 40k players wail about "muh grimdark" and delight in the gnashing of teeth.
Real talk? I've always thought Xenomorphs would be a neat side story for 40k. Eldar/xenomorph hybrids with crazy psychic powers.
>>
>>54442489
Either side from R-Type, but for entirely different reasons.
>>
>>54444893
So, basically, the T'au before GW truly started to take their setting far to serious for any of our liking?
>>
>>54444845
IIRC the tech to produce the biggest ships in 40k is currently lost tech. so there's that.
>>
> Flood from Halo
> Forerunners from Halo
> Any serious Star Wars faction, not including EU bullshit
> Replicants from Stargate
> Ori from Stargate
> Anyone from LEXX
> Supreme Commander factions

Now can we stop having this stupid argument?
>>
>>54444879
Opera here.
Sounds ideal.
It also sounds like hard sci fi.
>>
>>54444879
How the shit.
>>
>>54444983
The fabulous opera here.
I'm after inspiration rather than arguments.

So far so good.
>>
>>54444917
Hole in one
>>
>>54442489
Y'know, looking at what the various factions in 40k can and can't do, they're not actually that powerful. They're not even moderately powerful. As far as scifi or space fantasy goes, I'd put them on the low end compared to the stuff mentioned in the thread.

I get that it's the nature of nerds to have power level arguments, but why is "40k vs [thing]" so prevalent? What makes them think their setting is so powerful?
>>
>>54445027
https://youtu.be/_S1d_tIDcEk
This?
>>
>>54445084
40k is very popular and an easy entrance into universe vs ect.

It's just the start point for most and it big screen it's self up.
>>
File: die20[1].jpg (189KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
die20[1].jpg
189KB, 1600x900px
>>54444456
Daleks

Litterally killed by unarmed humans
>>
>>54444989
A lot of it is speculative, but the dude who wrote is a real life scientist who knows his shit.
>>
>>54443679

The Downstreamers were here. The Culture, Xeelee, and Photon Birds are are nothing compared to us. The birth of the universe to the death of the last sare is not even a footnote to our history and magnificience.
>>
>>54442489
Literally anything Kardashev 2 or higher.
The Imperium is an extremely shitty and inefficient Kardashev 2 civilisation.
Alternatively, throw Hari Seldon at them and he'll conquer the galaxy.
>>
>>54445130
So would it be safe to assume the people claiming 40k can beat up anything are people who haven't had much (or any) exposure to other scifi or space opera or space fantasy settings?
>>
>>54445179
A bunch of wankers you are.
>>
>>54442489
Most settings have fast reliable FTL which tactically puts them leagues ahead of 40k regardless of weapons or armour.
>>
>>54445248
40k has some crazy galaxy spanning civilizations capable of galactic level war and the durability to do it for millennia . But they are broken and everything is grim and dark forever
>>
>>54444456
It's been a while since I've watched Doctor Who but from what I remember, despite being a non-threat at first, some massively convoluted fuckup transforms them into a race capable of going toe-to-toe with the Time Lords and eventually having a weapon that can erase the entirety of reality.
>>
>>54445191
>Alternatively, throw Hari Seldon at them and he'll conquer the galaxy.
Psychohistory falls the fuck apart every time the universe throws you a curveball, and 40K has curveballs coming out of its ears.
>>
>>54442489
Culture, Prehistoric Halo, Metroid, some universes in DC & Marvel, a fuckton of others.
>>
>>54445248
Yeah or get bowled over by 40ks own wank. Ultimate bad ass (only by Thier own standard)
>>
>>54445338
equal to the time lords - the non interfeance non combat race, the very few times we see them fight is civilians with hand held rifles. their only trick is "time bulshit".
>>
>>54445324
Reliable, sure. Fast? Imperium's couple of months/years from one end of the galaxy to the next is pretty fast for the most part.
>>
>>54445380
I don't think you need anything BUT time bullshit if your time bullshit is powerful enough to put the fundamental nature of the universe in danger
>>
>>54445382
>couple of months/years from one end of the galaxy to the next is pretty fast for the most part.

Most settings make the same trip in less time for the convenience of the story.
>>
The ETI from Eclipse Phase. Essentially a god like seed AI that fucks reality in the ass on a whim and mostly just spends it's time making other lesser Seed AIs go crazy with a computer/nano virus that also turns people into fractals.
>>
>>54445406

The time lords ultimatly only use time travel bulshit to create the darleks "genesis of the darleks" destroying themselves.

So if the turn up in 40k they act all pompous untill they kill themselves.

Leaving only the most demented mad man in a box.
>>
File: Samus_model6.png (465KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_model6.png
465KB, 1024x1024px
>>54442489
>>
>>54445557
Can't see her taking even one Meganob
>>
>>54445557
Fucking bird magic. I bet the Chozo spawned Tzneech just like the Eldar did Slaanesh.
>>
>>54445557

Parasite X alone is enough to cause an apocalyose in 40k.
>>
>>54445586
Given Ms. Exterminatus having weapons which spawn black holes, cause mini supernovas, approach absolute zero & more, she's a Primarch for sure.
>>
I like the odds of Dune's humans against 40k, even if their weapons aren't particularly impressive.

They dodge the issues a lot of these arguments have, in that their tech doesn't rely on computers and thus isn't particularly susceptible to Chaos, and their general populace was selectively bred and conditioned through millennia to allow them to achieve greater, more intimate control of their mind and body, so if the average 40k joe isn't getting corrupted the odds are even lower for them.

It would involve less of a war and more subterfuge and political maneuvering over thousands of years, though
>>
>>54442489
Lensman or Skylark by E.E. "Doc" Smith.

Weaponizing a star system is considered a stopgap measure in Lensman and Skylark involves mass teleportation of individual stars and planets.
>>
File: 1442682887115926530.jpg (25KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1442682887115926530.jpg
25KB, 300x256px
>>54443975
I'll see your 2 Death Stars and raise you (at minimum) several dozen Ork Deff Stars/Attack Moons.

Ork gravity whips/grav. weapon tech + WAAAGH! reality warping madness > planet-destroying lasers every time.

And that's BEFORE the greenskins start looting the new enemy tech.
>>
>>54444148
That's a bloody exhaust port which needed supernatural powers and a completely clear shot to shoot.
>>
>>54442489
>100 percent shitposting allowance

This may actually be the single most posted thread in the history of /tg/ I have seen it literally several hundred of times and ive only been here three years.

Inb4 daleks you just fucking outrun them nigga lol just fastwalk a half retarded 20 year old girl can beat them
>>
>>54445679
To be fair, even Vader talked shit about the Death Star's power.
>>
File: tribble.gif (62KB, 367x506px) Image search: [Google]
tribble.gif
62KB, 367x506px
>>54442489
Just about anything.
40k may be filled with a huge amount of badass soldiers, but that's about all they got which isn't much compared to others.

However rather then introduce some simple technology that everyone has which would destabilize everything, or some super weapon that makes the death star look like a fire cracker as things ramp to insanity.

No, ... I am going be pure evil genius and release something simple, cute and truly terrifying, (if you stop and think about it).
>>
>>54445679
How would you react to planets being used as relativistic ammunition?
>>
>>54445160
Killing a Dalek is not the same as killing the Daleks.
>>
>>54445646
There's also the weird fixation of the last couple of books with FAST, where even a guy who was one of the finest warriors of the entire species in the first book gets beat up by an elderly butler because his physiology became obsolete while he wasn't around. And then THAT becomes obsolete because post-Scattering humanity has a radically mutated nervous system which allows them to react faster than what the humans of the Old Imperium are physically capable of. And THEN you get the mutant with straight up super speed, to whom everyone else seems to be standing still. Taking in mind that even in the first book, the Weirding Way allowed Bene Gesserit-trained individuals to be so FAST, they appeared to be straight-up teleporting to anyone who wasn't
>>
>>54445758
You mean like smashing a planet into another planet kind of way?

Because the Orks are known for pulling similar stunts in the past (One Ork Warlord strapped a shit-ton of rocket engines to a planetoid and managed to smash it into a neighboring Imperial world. Also, Ghazghkull has a habit of pulling 'rocks fall, everyone dies' on locations that annoyed him in the past using meteors/asteroid forts RIP Hades Hive).

The Imperium on the other hand... they'd probably be losing their shit, and that's only because they just lost a source of tithes/revenue (think of an exceptionally cruel Vogon and you'd have a relatively close comparison to the mindset of an Imperial bureaucrat).
>>
For any setting or race to invade 40k we have to assume they have some kind of warp protection to not get insta gibbed.

The warp is the defining feature of 40k as a universe, war is the defining feature as a setting. But you have to deal with the warp first.
>>
>>54445957
Here is starts with the space magic.
>>
>>54444845
>And 40k fleets are easy to produce,right?
Neither are Star Wars fleets.
>>
>>54446004
if magic is an option why wouldn't we address it? Especially since the warp is the most important part of 40k and has caused everything in it?

For a setting to have a war with 40k they either need to all have pur hearts, warp immunity or fight in a warpless battlefield, which would be fucking stupid. Otherwise they would just fuel the warp
>>
>>54445179
Downstreamers are ridiculous. Fuckers could literally xeelee-stomp everything in this thread at the same time.
>>
>>54445618
I think you're on to something
Perhaps some absolutely mental Nurgle devotees create the truly ultimate bio-weapon
>>
>>54446046
If chaos was that omnipresent and instantly devastating there would be no setting in 40k at all, just the Chaos Gods playing poker
>>
>>54443859
I mean, Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation are not what you would call "stupid bullshit," and they can beat 40k through sheer numbers.
>>
>>54442489
>Hyperion
>Later era Foundation.
>Star Trek if they actually followed up the consequences of what cheap and easy acceleration to and beyond lightspeed could fucking do.
>Homeworld

>>54445345
Not to mention that one of the crucial flaws in it is that it assumes that humanity is the only intelligence in the Galaxy. Granted, a Seldon living in the 40kverse is unlikely to make that assumption, but that makes trying to make macrohistorical predictions enormously more difficult.
>>
>>54445733
>Just about anything.
Not Mass Effect, Starcraft, Gundam, or Battletech.
>>
>>54445943
>You mean like smashing a planet into another planet kind of way?

Understatement. More firing multiple planets at FTL in another galaxy so that they shatter a third simply by passing by and this is actually fairly low tier.
>>
>>54446046
>or fight in a warpless battlefield
Funny thing about that.

Based on my reading of Ork fluff, their 'WAAAGH! field' (read: things work according to Ork beliefs) is generated by the mere presence of Orks. In theory, every time they get cut off from the Warp (like when they're fighting Tyranids), their WAAAGH! field should stop working. But it doesn't.

So they might be generating their own 'Ork WAAAGH! Warp' wherever they go... even to a warp-less battlefield.

>>54446145
>If chaos was that omnipresent and instantly devastating there would be no setting in 40k at all, just the Chaos Gods playing poker
Let's be honest here: Given the relative 'age' of the naturally forming gods in the Warp (Gork and Mork being the oldest, followed by Khorne as the first Chaos God, and Slaanesh being the youngest [not counting Ynead anyway]), it'd probably end up with the big 3 war gods just beating the shit out of the other 3 Chaos gods (and Malal/Malice) and having an eternal brawl between the 3 of them with the occasional booze break.
>>
>>54446145
>If chaos was that omnipresent and instantly devastating there would be no setting in 40k at all, just the Chaos Gods playing poker

Duh...?

Even a single chaos god doesn't have a collective objective that it wants,the chaos gods literally lose battles for kicks. any race that entered 40k would be subject to warp fuckery unless we assume their "souls" are not the same as 40k souls. (humans in 40k would have to be fundamentally different from other humans) Unfortunately even inanimate objects can get "souls" eventually in 40k.

And furthermore I didnt say there weren't races that could take 40k. They just have to be immune to the effects of the warp. Ie robots or stuff with extreme willpower.
>>
>>54442489
EVE Online has about parity in weapons tech from what I've seen, but the two things that might make them scary to 40K is the fact that they're all immortal pilots and can build entire fleets from asteroids in very, very short amounts of time. Not quite to SupCom standard, but still.
>>
The Care Bears descend from the clouds, sending Care Bear stares through the hearts of all that is grim and dark.

This confuses and terrifies the shit out of the 40kverse
>>
File: logo-2x.2046b4fc.jpg (40KB, 860x260px) Image search: [Google]
logo-2x.2046b4fc.jpg
40KB, 860x260px
I propose Schlock Mercenary's universe.

Current level of technology in-universe is higher then Dark Age of technology Humanity.

They currently have :
- effective immortality (conciousness saving)
- a much higher level of industry and military production rate then 40k.
- AIs that rarely go rogue
- can harvest star power output completely
- use stars as building materials
- nanotech that can subvert someone completely
- all infantry get there own power armour and soldier boosts. They can make 40k Space Marines by the truckload.
>>
File: RjpnjkO.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
RjpnjkO.gif
2MB, 400x240px
Sailor Moon and the sailor scouts would wreck just about everything in 40K
>>
>>54446190
That depends on the Gundam series in question. Early series, yes. But at the end of the powercreep spectrum we have Gundams that can bend space time and turn all the technology in the solar system into sand with nanomachines.
>>
>>54446609
Elaborate on this horrendous but arousing scenario.
>>
>>54446871

Not him, but from what I've heard the Sailor Scouts get up to galaxy destruction-tier.
>>
File: Konnichiwaaaaaagh.jpg (77KB, 967x488px) Image search: [Google]
Konnichiwaaaaaagh.jpg
77KB, 967x488px
>>54446871
ok, so, in the later parts of the manga they are at ridiculous power levels, a good example is that instead of finding and destroying a villain hide out Sailor Saturn destroys the earth then Sailor Moon fixes it and revives everyone except for the bad guys they're after.

also, Sailor Moon can basically will a solar system out of existence.
>>
>>54446190
Starcraft would absolutely wreck WH40K, and no, Andy Chambers' opinion means shit. The man's a WH40K fanboy who took part in the ruination and lore rape that was SCII.
I mean for fuck's sake, the standard soldier in Starcraft has armor superior to an Astartes and their standard armament is a fully automatic railgun.
>>
Oldcrons
>>
>>54447129

Uh, source for gun lore?

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/C-14_rifle

This says it's assisted by magnets and can pierce 2 inches of steel.

Space Marine armor is made out of bullshit setting-specific magic metal iirc.
>>
>>54447096
They are monsters
>>
>>54445380
The Time Lords have Necron-tier weaponry, though (like The Moment, which can completely erase entire species from history).
>>
>>54444045
>The borg could do alright if given enough time to set up some manufacturing bases: safer FTL, rapid adaptation of tech, fearless and probably soulless.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Borg absolutely terrible at close combat outside of their 'inject assimilation nanoprobes' shtick?

Because I just can't see the Borg attempting to assimilate an Ork Freeboota Hulk ending well for the Borg. It's very hard to jab those nanoprobes into the bloodstream when the other guy has a longer reach and hacking you apart with a Choppa or blasting you to pieces with +.50 cal. size solid slugs from Shootas/Sluggas.
>>
>>54447197
>http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/C-14_rifle
>It utilizes gauss-assisted technology to accelerate ferromagnetic projectiles at hypersonic speed through a process of magnetic induction.

That's more or less the same as a Tau rail rifle except fully automatic.

As a side note, it used to be 14mm, but I guess you can chalk that up to retcons as well.

By 'steel' they must mean the neosteel stuff they use for everything in Starcraft which is also bullshit setting-specific magic metal. If it's not, then that's a glaring plot hole because the rifle clearly pierces marine armor which is made of neosteel which is stated to be much stronger than steel in one of the novels.

Perhaps I should revise my statement? Starcraft 1 and accompanying lore, ignoring the SCII retcons and general bullshit would wreck WH40K.

I suppose I could also note the many glaring plot holes in WH40K itself such as marine armor being overwhelmed by what amounts to AK-47s, or eldar grav tanks being destroyed by kids with slingshots.
>>
>>54447955
They'd be shit at it until they assimilated some species more capable in close combat. Nobody in Trek really gears their troops for melee combat (or combat in general, they just hand them a phaser and send them out in fatigues). The Borg didn't really have any good physical combat shit available to assimilate in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_0462.png (22KB, 1207x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0462.png
22KB, 1207x1053px
The worm entities.

Multiverse spanning star scale monsters with every manipulation of physics around.

C'tan but a hundred times worse.

Would turn the warp into their personal energy reserve in the quest to stop entropy.
>>
>>54447956
>I suppose I could also note the many glaring plot holes in WH40K itself such as marine armor being overwhelmed by what amounts to AK-47s, or eldar grav tanks being destroyed by kids with slingshots.
On the 'AK-47s' thing (assuming we're talking about Ork Shootas), it's worth noting the rounds those things fire are fucking huge compared to modern human ammunition, and it's almost never just one Ork with a Shoota firing at a Space Marine's armor, it's 1 Ork plus all his Shoota-carrying buddies (50-75 boyz for an EXTREMELY low-ball estimate) firing in that marine's general direction. Sure, their accuracy's crap, but the amount of dakka coming that marine's way is more than enough to pierce most marine armor. That and the WAAAGH! power 'believe it works so it will work' reality fuckery doesn't help matters.

As for the Eldar grav tanks... their armor is extremely thin for a tank. Their "armor" in combat is actually their speed, not the tank's armor itself (at least that's how I understand it anyway).

>>54448122
>They'd be shit at it until they assimilated some species more capable in close combat.
Don't the Borg focus on assimilating races based on their tech capability and not combat though? I mean, the only races who can give Orks a run for their money in CQC in the grand scheme of things are Kroot (extremely primitive tech, not really worth assimilating yet) or Tyranids (Only way they'd do that is by assimilating a Hive ship... which isn't going to happen, since the Borg have shitty track records against bio-organic weaponry if iirc).

The only way the Borg could assimilate another close combat species in 40k at the Orks' level is by somehow managing to assimilate some Orks. Sure, they might be able to assimilate some Grots or Attack Squigs, but actual Orks I can't really see happening, at least not en masse.
>>
>>54446222
Sweet god... That's amazing
>>
>>54442489
Celestia AI from "Friendship is optimal" or any other post-singularity god-AI
>>
File: :tg: - Brundle penis.png (2MB, 1201x964px) Image search: [Google]
:tg: - Brundle penis.png
2MB, 1201x964px
>>54442489
The ultimate evil /tg/
>>
File: 2B_A2.webm (2MB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
2B_A2.webm
2MB, 374x400px
>>54442489
Standard super-soldiers from Eclipse Phase would shit all over marines and the Imperium would have no real answer to the more transhuman shit that exist in the setting. Likewise the empyreans from EvE Online would demolish anything in the 40k setting due to insane manufacturing capability, god-like warships and the ability to 3d print immortal super-soldiers.

Astartes can't respawn in a clone vat stored in the back of a tank. Hell, they can't even regrow limbs, they have to use clunky augmetics.

The Culture would just rek them hilariously quickly with blackhole guns and solar-system killing gridfire.

Both Starship Troopers and Armor novel civilisations can mass-produce soldiers that would make Astartes cry tears of jealousy. Even Tau can't match orbitally inserted, super-sonic power armour that scatters micro-nukes and napalm everywhere.

YorHa bots are humanoid Titan-killers with initiative 9 so that'd cause them problems.

40k hypes its various troops up as unstoppable but the actual detail descriptions imply they're not really that powerful compared to similarly advanced settings that aren't obsessed with maximum grimdark.
>>
Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, they are essentially Enslavers from 40k but can only die to a specific magic item that doesn't exist in 40K. Even if their normal form is essentially an unarmed grot, they are literally infinite as when they get killed without a keyblade they pop back in a few hours.
>>
>>54445327
40k takes place in one galaxy.
>>
>>54448768
>40k takes place in one galaxy.
That's not quite true actually.

The Tyranids have a history as galaxy devourers, and based on old fluff that has yet to be retconned, there's a 16,000 year old Imperial extragalactic probe that's been sending back data recordings of Ork comm chatter coming from outside the galaxy (much to the Imperium's dismay).

So there's some stuff is going on outside the Milky Way, it's just all the major events happen inside the galaxy proper.
>>
>>54444098
This
>>
>>54448270
Where are these from?
Worm entities?
>>
>>54448717
Interesting
>>54448625
Culture are worth a look.
>>54448353
I'll take a look
>>
>>54448353
I'm just finding mlp stuff what the heck?
>>
>>54448295
That's why I said they'd be shit at it. Eventually, maybe, they'll manage to dogpile some orks and convert them, then use those assimilated orks to capture and convert the next batch more effectively, and so on.

Or, they could assimilate a ton of orks easily by dropping a crate of nanite injectors marked "cybork gubbins" in a Dok's office. Even if he actually realizes they aren't legit, there's a good chance he'll try it on the boyz anyway just to see what it does.
>>
>>54449040
From a webseris called "Worm"

Not "worm entities" but "The entities found in Worm"
>>
>>54448625
I feel like YorHa androids are on a whole different level than even elite individual units in 40k, but they're Platinum game protagonists, so that might be cheating.
>>
>>54447129
>the standard soldier in Starcraft has armor superior to an Astartes
No they don't.
>and their standard armament is a fully automatic railgun.
And modern soldiers are armed with miniature cannons.

>>54447956
>Starcraft 1 and accompanying lore, ignoring the SCII retcons and general bullshit would wreck WH40K.
So ignoring the other half of the setting because it doesn't work in their favor.

The Imperium is also an order of magnitude larger than the Koprulu Sector.
>>
File: aw.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
aw.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>54442489
>5% shitposting allowance
Asura.

Now with the bit in the video I meant to link to compressed into a horrible webm, because even webms are limited.
>>
File: galassia_settori2.jpg (102KB, 1024x432px) Image search: [Google]
galassia_settori2.jpg
102KB, 1024x432px
>>54442489
The Galactic Empire from Foundation.
>>
>>54449214
It's autistic horse show fanfic about a superintelligent AI that "just so happens" to upload everyone it assimilates into horse show's setting (or a simulacrum thereof)
>>
>>54450864
As I see.
The most destructive force conceivable.
>>
There really isn't anything that can hold a candle to 40k for the sole purpose of scale.
You singlehandedly destroyed an entire space marine chapter? have a few hundred more! (also exterminates, and titans, lots of titans)
>>
>>54448270
Given how they seem to be utterly shit about talking to people wouldn't they be kinda Chaos bait? I can see Tzeench tying them up in knots pretty damn easily.

>>54451985

Look, I'm a bit of a 40k fanboy, but no. That's kinda completely wrong, the 40k writers are so off about scale they decided to have a war over an entire Primus Forge World (Basically Trantor, but with manufacturing instead of bureaucracy for the most part. Planets covered in factories with mini-Dyson Swarms for power).
They gave the FW all of TEN THOUSAND SOLDIERS. Against 15000 enemies, sure, but that is off by about six orders of magnitude. That only happened so that the Space Marines could magically save the day, too, because they somehow decided that about 1.5 million Marines were enough to cover the entire galaxy so everyone else has been scaled down to match.

The Admech has proper scale, as does the Guard sometimes, the Nids, the Orks and possibly the Crons depending on how many are in most Tomb Worlds. This is entirely ignored whenever anyone else needs to fight them, as is the truly absurd distances involved in space combat that also vanish whenever the Muhreens need to BOARD SOMEONE IN PLANES.

This is scale, anon. The Culture, taking out the trash.

>The final tally of casualties of the Idiran-Culture-War in terms of sentient beings lost, destruction of ships, infrastructure, stars, etc. Spheres are Dyson Spheres, Orbitals are miniature (3 million kilometres wide) ringworlds and Rings are full-size ringworlds.
>Statistics. Length of war: forty-eight years, one month. Total casualties, including machines (reckoned on logarithmic sentience scale), medjel and non-combatants: 851.4 billion (± .3%). Losses: ships (all classes above interplanetary) - 91,215,660 (± 200); Orbitals - 14,334; planets and major moons - 53; Rings - 1; Spheres - 3; stars (undergoing significant induced mass-loss or sequence-position alteration) - 6.
>>
Mi go, and lovecraft stuff.

Cthulhu could piledrive the chaos gods, and he's a weak one
>>
>>54446184
While I like Homeworld, I don't really see anything in it apart from the Beast that could harm 40k as a whole. Ship-building is extremely quick sure, but how do the ships themselves compare to 40k? What about ground combat? Taiidani atmospheric deprivation devices are basically a slower exterminatus.
>>
>>54442489
Other 40K; alternatively Spelljammer has some potentials, though those are limited. I don't think that a Neutronium golem would be out of place, but I do think that it would immediate be the battle plan of A LOT of surrounding races to gang up on it, sans Tyranids who are treated as the ultimate super spooky end all, be all of the Galaxy.
>>
>>54451985
>There really isn't anything that can hold a candle to 40k for the sole purpose of scale.

Hi
>>
File: 06.jpg (345KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
345KB, 620x877px
>>54442489
These fukin assholes
>>
>>54452146
>Given how they seem to be utterly shit about talking to people wouldn't they be kinda Chaos bait?

Scion & Eden, yes. Warrior and thinker, no.

The entities are able to:

Detect the existence of humanity and run many simulations of humanity while traveling outside of our galactic cluster, output more information with their word equivalents then panetbound sapients could in a hundred years. They speak using the force of supernovas and burn like stars. They exist as planet dwarfing beings in each iteration of spacetime across the entire spectrum of worm's multiverse of 10 to the something power.

Full powered entities had “trillions upon trillions upon trillions of shards”, Scion at the time of it's appearance on earth, had access to 1/10,000 of 1% of that. Scion by the time it actually showed up was literally microscopic in comparison to its proper self. Entities would dominate the galaxy.
>>
>>54453331
they have a chance at that
it isn't explained how exactly, but it gave an appearance of NOT ridiculous power level, just a civilization older and more used to wreck other's shit
>>
File: download (16).jpg (18KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
18KB, 203x248px
The Bydo would probably reduce 40k to ashes, and most of the other guys listed here too.
>>
>>54453141
>Ship-building is extremely quick sure, but how do the ships themselves compare to 40k?
If you go fluff vs fluff? Roughly equal. Crunch vs Crunch gets heavily in favor of 40k, but if we do 40k by crunch, we get all sorts of weirdness anyway.

>What about ground combat?
Isn't really done, since orbital supremacy and the inability of most species to live on each others planets means that usually you just bombard their world from space.
>>
>>54443297
That sounds horribly written
>>
>>54444891
You mean Dark Eldar? Because you literally just described Dark Eldar.
>>
>>54442489
Google search "False Vacuum Destabilization."
>>
Pretty much anything could beat anything else if whoever is writing it wants it to go that way.

These threads are always fuckin dumb and pointless.
>>
>>54453822
I remember coming across this a few months ago and thinking that this is the exact reason that the Admech has such bullshit research restrictions. Because they know that if they don't some smartass Famulous is going to find an old schematic or get some idea from 'Cron tech or something, build one of these without knowing what the fuck they're doing and blow up the universe. Although at lightspeed the galaxy still has a while left.

Some anons made a really cool setting a while ago where the universe was dying due to too many superweapons like this being set off, Earth was in one of the remaining pockets of safe space and everyone was flocking in ahead of the expanding doomfields of one kind or another.Don't think it was archived though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pld8wTa16Jk
>>
Suggsverse says hi, destroys everything in the thread through pure autism and leaves.
>>
>>54450164
should've posted the sequence where he destroys an entire stellar battle fleet with the power of 'get mad' and screaming. Technically less impressive than what he's doing here, but unless viewers understand that golden figure is literally the god of the universe, it doesn't look as cool
>>
File: 1456633919777[1].png (55KB, 998x313px) Image search: [Google]
1456633919777[1].png
55KB, 998x313px
Demonbane is basically Power-Guy
>>
>>54455030
Powerguy is powerguy.
>>
>>54446944
Galaxia wipes out a galaxy, yes. Moon is later tanking hits from Galaxia that were the same as the galaxy busters. Plus the silver crystal is literally infinite power, period.

Don't fuck with the Sailor Senshi.
>>
>>54446158

Really? "I built 20,000 death machines in the time it took you to read this sentence, out of a factory that didn't exist 60 seconds ago" isn't stupid bullshit?
>>
>>54442489
The culture, the xeelee, hyperion cantos.
>>
File: Monkeylord.jpg (431KB, 1455x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Monkeylord.jpg
431KB, 1455x1156px
>>54444983
>>54446158
>>54443901
>>54442489
>Anyone in this threat saying "Supreme Commander"
My fine elegant anons, I salute you.
SupCom is pretty OP, quantum tunneling lets them go FTL across the galaxy, the most basic war machines can be spat out like crazy and overpower anything other than heavy mechanized units in 40K

Lets not even talk about the Experimentals, which can be spat out in minutes by a well established base that are basically the size and power of titans, many of which are self repairing due to nanite tech

>MFW I instantly go Cybran to get those neural upgrades
>>
>>54442489

The 3rd gen vampires and Cain from Vampire the Masquerade.
>>
File: Macross - Space War One.jpg (212KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
Macross - Space War One.jpg
212KB, 1200x797px
>>54442489

As a universe? Macross.

40k has more invested in ground combat, so taking planets will be a chore, but Macross would absolutely wipe the floor with 40k in space.

The Zentradi are basically a 40k faction anyway. Genetically engineered 20 meter tall giants designed for war by an ancient civilization that have outlasted their creators. The automated factory stations that build the ships and produce the clones were so well made that, despite having not been maintained in hundreds of millions of years, they still work perfectly fine. But the Zentradi have no idea how they function.

The Zentradi don't even know how to fix a broken window, or have a word for civilian. Because every Zentradi that has existed since before Earth as a planet was first seeded with life has been mass cloned, grown and trained via computers by the trillions, put on battleships built by the millions, and sent to fight other Zentradi fleets built by other factory stations because all everyone knows is there's a war on and the Zentradi aren't trained to ask questions about how they got into this mess. They don't know who the enemy is, exactly, so it just comes down to 'we came from the same place, so we much be on the same team'.

While this makes them kinda stupid as a faction, they are really good at killing shit. The smallest, weakest unit they can field is essentially a warhound titan that can fly and also serves as a space fighter. And they treat these like the Imperium treats no-named guardsmen.

A single Zentradi battlegroup we see in the original series is 4 million capital ships (each of them only slightly smaller than the biggest IoM ships), not counting escorts or smaller vessels. A fleet with enough raw firepower that when the final battle came and they eventually decided 'fuck Earth' , they glassed the planet from orbit in just a few salvos of their standard armament.

We are told there are more than 300 such factions scattered across the Milky Way in Macross.
>>
>>54456896
Cybran did nothing wrong
>>54456925
Barring Kane, you must be joking.
>>
>>54456932
Counterpoint: Noise Marines field a fetching young asian girl to sing them into submission.
>>
File: H2A_-_GravemindConcept.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H2A_-_GravemindConcept.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>54444983
>>54442489
The Flood or Inferi redivivus, or the dead reconstructed

Those bastards assimilate A SINGLE inquisitor or space marine and the gravemind potentially has ALL of their knowledge. Some is lost in the assimilation process, more if they fight, but in the end, the flood can create whatever bio-structure it needs, including creating organs that mimic tech.

They are like the Tyranids, with the exception that they don't need digestive pools, the flood converts biomass on a cellular level.

That and they can use any tech, which they frequently do.
>>
File: railgun.png (291KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
railgun.png
291KB, 900x470px
This is how real space battle would work.

Smart projectiles launched at relativistic speeds across incredible distance. I'm talking astronomical units between fleets. Projectiles would be drones (probably launched by railgun) with the ability to calculate and make micro adjustments midflight to hit target precisely. Scout drones would be necessary to relay target info back to projectile drone, since it's traveling at near relativist speed. The scout drones could be launched ahead of time by the rail gun, but at a lower velocity to give them time to relay back information.

Ships would have no armor or shielding, because nothing could withstand a hit, no matter how much protection it has. essentially floating rail gun platforms, with drone bays.

No ship or fighter or traditionally powered drone could approach a ship armed in this manner, or get within range except by stealth or teleportation.
>>
I don't know, R-Type? Can fucking anything beat the Bydo?
>>
>>54456937

>one can become planets
>one just absorbs flesh and becomes an ever larger cathedral of meat (which would confuse and trick both the chaos and regular imperials)
>one can mind control entire worlds
>one can spread Lolrandumbness across entire worlds AND see the future
>one can tank exterminatus
>one can exterminatus with its fist
>one has indefinite za warudo time stop powers
>Caine can do all of those things and more

Plus the ability to convert a hive into vampires logarithmically is kinda OP.
>>
File: Dostya.png (57KB, 170x192px) Image search: [Google]
Dostya.png
57KB, 170x192px
>>54456937
>Cybran did nothing wrong
Yep, they just wanted to improve their brainpower with computer implants, basically what the Adeptus Mechanicus does.
Aeon are Xenos worshippers that are insufferable hypocritical zealots. Preaching peace while committing genocide
UEF attempt to enslave cybrans for no goddamn reason
QAI betrays its creator

Dostya best commander
>>
>>54443899
The space monsters really aren't the focus of Gunbuster, it's all about the main pilots.
>>
>>54456955

Wouldn't work.

You have to remember, the Zentradi only got infected by outsider culture and ideas when they exposed themselves to it. They got frustrated trying to take the Macross intact and failing, so they started listening in on enemy radio chatter to try and pinpoint a weakness.

For the first 6 months of fighting, they didn't listen to human communications AT ALL. Their surveillance of humanity was limited entirely to what they saw when they attacked the island in the first battle, and they had no desire to learn anything more about us until later.

They generally don't give a fuck about the enemy they are shooting at, because they are used to being in a stalemate against an enemy they already know everything about for millions of years. As long as brute force waves of electron beams solves the problem, they won't bother asking if they need anything else.

Unless they end up in another 'I want that ship taken alive' situation, AND that plays out basically the same as the Macross did, the Zentradi have no reason to be exposed to culture or infected by it. Even against Chaos, they'll just shoot first and ask questions never.

Until the Zentradi are willing to pay attention to what you are saying or showing them, culture is powerless.
>>
>>54457039
An Anti-diluvian got beat with a solar death ray and nukes, none of them move beyond being a global extinction tier theat.
>>
>>54456996
>this is how real things which aren't real work
>then makes no mention of Casaba Howitzers

zzz
>>
>>54457079
>Until the Zentradi are willing to pay attention to what you are saying or showing them, culture is powerless.

Counterpoint: Maximilian Genius seduced a battle commander by beating her in a dogfight

>>54457053
Friendly reminder she goes on to have the Professors biological child

Friendly reminder her the sequel makes the professor 'secretly the villain all along'
>>
Macross could likely win through sheer numbers against the Imperium. I mean, Bodozle's main battle fleet contained 4,795,122 warships. This was just his fleet, there were 1000 fleets like it out there, and that was just counting the males of their species since the males and females live separately and are at war with each other.

That being said, all you have to do to make them vulnerable is expose them to the concept of culture, since they are so ultra-spartan as a society that they they go full pic related whenever they are exposed to shit that doesn't have to do with war.
>>
>>54456996
>Smart projectiles launched at relativistic speeds across

Stopped reading. You just dipped deep into soft as butter science fiction.

There doesn't exist a material you can build your ship out of that would survive firing such a weapon at relativistic speeds. Attempting to destroy an enemy battleship would destroy one of your own 100% of the time, whether your shot hits or not (better hope your ship disintegrating as you fire the weapon in question doesn't impact your accuracy any).
>>
>>54457132 here, I should've read the whole thread before posting
>>
>>54457116
Technically he seduces her by beating her at an arcade game.
>>
File: 1478108989425.jpg (54KB, 562x518px) Image search: [Google]
1478108989425.jpg
54KB, 562x518px
>>54457095
>rocket-propelled projectiles
>even in the same league as railgun smart projectiles

>durr but they gots atomic bombss on them, and deyz atomic rockets 2
stay plen
>>
>>54457116
>Friendly reminder she goes on to have the Professors biological child
I thought she died in "Forged Alliance"
Also, you play as the professor's biological clone, but the professor is a brain in a jar with no 'ahem' biological parts left.
So does that mean she had some clank clank with the cybran supreme commander? Because that validates a few late nights as an awkward teenager.
>>
File: 1481499528333.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1481499528333.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
>>54457159
>>54457172
>>54457116
>has his biological child
>clank clank
>seduces her by beating her at an arcade game.
Holy shit my fanfic came true!
>>
>>54456932
That's not even going into the really ridiculous shit UN Spacy comes up with later like black hole missiles.
>>
>>54445686
Boarding or sniper no torpedoes
>>
>>54457116
>Friendly reminder her the sequel makes the professor 'secretly the villain all along'
SupCom 2 was a fucking abomination that destroyed everything that made the first game awesome.

The story, the gameplay, the new experimentals which included the (vomit) "cybranasaurus rex"

I don't consider it canon
>>
File: 1486409794057.png (179KB, 720x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486409794057.png
179KB, 720x582px
>>54457136
>magnetic rail guns have equivalent recoil to the projectile
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
KILL YOURSELF YOU ULTRA PLEB
>>
>>54457154

You're not wrong, though.

And this is just Space War One, era. Bring in Frontier Era-Macross, and it just gets fucking sad how big the powerlevel difference becomes.

"I'm sorry, your FTL-capable space fighters are carrying HOW MANY spacetime-destroying WMDs? 4 each? That's fair."
>>
>>54457189
And it came true probably before you were even born, they were that ahead of the game
>>
File: dr-manhattan.jpg (19KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan.jpg
19KB, 306x400px
>>54442489
Greetings
>>
>>54457215
Conservation of momentum is one of the laws of physics.
>>
>>54457216

The thing is, there was not THAT big of a technology jump from Space War One until the Macross 7 era. Remember, the UN Spacy was still fielding the fucking VF-11 for like 35 years.
>>
>>54457215

...yeah. They do. Conservation of momentum MUST be maintained in all interactions. This is basic fucking physics.
>>
>>54442489
This is gonna sound weird but
Power Rangers

Just consider that in power rangers universe the place is just littered with beings that conquer vast areas of space with uniquely tailored bio weapons that can be boosted to the size of skyscrapers

The titular power rangers are one defense force of one planet not even responsible for the entire solar system that have a titan at their disposal
>>
File: Basara sip.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Basara sip.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>54457260
The galaxy came this close to being swallowed up by a supermassive black hole caused by an interdimensional energy vampire going out of control before being stopped by the power of rock, and just by typing that I realized how silly it sounds if you hadn't watched the show and gotten invested in Basara. Either way that's a pretty damn good excuse for the tech people to get their asses in gear.
>>
>>54448270
>>54453396
they cannot into emotions and get nommed by the warp go kys yourself
>>
>>54457250
>>54457262

Yes, but the momentum builds differently in a railgun than in a traditional explosive projectile.

Railgun is a smaller force maintained for a longer period of time, thus the projectile is exponentially accelerated for a minimal amount of recoil compared to a single time explosive force which must accelerate the projectile with enough force to reach the target in one contained tiny timeperiod, thus the recoil is exactly equal to the force delivered at the opposite end, unlike the sustained force of the railgun.
>>
File: Solar.jpg (628KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Solar.jpg
628KB, 1024x576px
>>54457033
Nope. The Bydo are what happens when you take everything from Chaos, toss in EVERY infectious civilization, EVERY memetic hazard, EVERY biomechanical/tech-absorbing civilization, and then sprinkle it all with a helping of black magic. Hell, Rtype Humanity doesn't even BEAT them in the end, the enter cycle of destruction is just set to repeat once more.
>>
>>54457080

That was the one whose powers consisted of "being a gypsy", which it turns out were not sufficient to survive literally every other group of splats in the universe bundling on top of him and then nuking his soul and the entire underworld to such an extent that he ended up distracted by infinite ghosts flying up his butt and seeking refugee status, causing the cloud cover he'd been using to block the solar death rays to stop and leading to him being fried extra crispy while screaming "Kleptomania is a stupid thing to burden roleplayers with in a group game you fucking morooooonssssss!"
>>
File: Hicks.jpg (49KB, 591x743px) Image search: [Google]
Hicks.jpg
49KB, 591x743px
>>54442489
>I'm ready, man. Check it out! I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out! Hey, Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out. Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Human expansion in the Alien franchise is interstellar.
Not to mention the "Soldier" program with genetically engineered trained from birth strike teams.

Then you have the Yautja and Engineers to consider. Fucking hell the Engineers would make Nurgle cream himself
>>
>>54457285

Would the Tyranids listen to Basara's song?
>>
>>54457289
Different anon here.

As shittily as he discribed it he's pretty much correct about the entities being massively gimped when they showed up.

Full power entities would see the warp in terms of a math equation for them to manipulate and draw energy from.

I'd say "manifested" Entities (as in Scion) have a rough equivalence to the c'tan.

The warrior and/or thinker would be too much for the setting though and would farm the galaxy for conflicts and warp energy.
>>
>>54442489
>As a gm , I'm looking for a universe / technology that can threaten 40k.
Real life
America
>>
>>54442489
>Primaris Marine hijinks.
>Civil War
>>
>>54447956

>ignoring the SCII retcons
>pay attention only to the lore that fills my argument
>>
I came here to say Macross too, but honestly there's no shortage of mecha and sci-fi anime with absurd power levels and/or scales that make 40k look like nothing. It's the norm, not the exception.
>>
>>54457233
Was gonna say this guy or superman.
>>
>>54457492
Anon he said 5%. As a fellow American I recognize this as 100% shitposting
>>
>>54443679
>>54444592
>>54444879
Xeelee is some pretty stupid shit by the looks of it.

Centered around Mary Sue: The Race fighting Dark Matter Mary Sue and losing with a lot of tedious hard science thrown in.
>>
>>54443679
Good taste
Also the spookiest stuff is that the photino birds have no idea a war is going on, they can't sense baryonic life and live inside sun
>>
>>54458948
It appeals to the kind of autism many of us here have
>>
>>54458948
You can think that but you'd be wrong about it being stupid Mary Sue shit. Power levels simply do not make a story and it just so happens that xeelee sequence is a damn good piece of writing.

Don't diss something you didn't read. Especially something as widely acclaimed as that.
>>
File: 1329868130367056229.jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
1329868130367056229.jpg
82KB, 800x513px
>>54442489
Any factions in Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Them teaming up against 40k would be overkill.
>>
>>54443297
Went to post this. Third post already did it.

My waifu would make an incredible story in the W40k universe though. Technically an Abominable Intelligence, but incorruptible, reality warping, with the best of humanity at earth, and with enough firepower to level solar systems.

One or two decades in she would have her own cult in Mars.
>>
>>54458924
>superman
Superman would get killed by chaos pretty much instantly.
He has zero resistance to "magic"
That and Tzeentch or the Tau, or the inquisition would figure out that he loses all his power if exposed to red solar radiation
>>
File: 1470365581428.png (169KB, 700x496px) Image search: [Google]
1470365581428.png
169KB, 700x496px
>>54446145
Not to wank off Chaos, but that's basically what they're doing. Except the cards are heretics, and the chips are souls/power.

Chaos gods can bring any one of their servants back to life if they feel like it. They own their immortal soul. Just look at Eliphas the inheritor as one example. Who knows how many chaos space marines have died and came back? It actually explains alot.
>>
>>54459148
Nah, only in the newest (IE last 4 years) of fluff did everything become a Chaos wankoff fest.

If we're going by the good fluff the chaos gods are exceptionally powerful but rely on their worshipers to survive like all other gods in Warhammer. Humans brought them into existence (except Slaanesh) and it's the worship of them that keeps them alive.

I'm no Nidfag but it's also one reason why nids particularly are Chaos' worst nightmare in the old fluff. Nids are impossible to corrupt, Hivemind don't give a fuck, and they just want to devour everything. If the Nids won the Chaos gods would cease to exist.

To that end they really wouldn't be capable of fighting off everything, at least in terms of other universes' universe-ending threats.
>>
>>54444456
doctor who has plot armor that makes the emperor grow pale in envy. oh wait, he's already kinda pale looking, muahahaha!
>>
File: Marcus_1-1024x436.jpg (47KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus_1-1024x436.jpg
47KB, 1024x436px
>>54459216
But seriously how the fuck did Eliphas keep comeing back? I know Luscious has his deal. Can any chaos space marine be brought back with enough effort?

I mean the chaos gods do have limited power (Only so many chips to grab, but to get them you have to burn cards) they'll always have followers as the deck never ends. They just have to keep playing them right placeing their powers where it can offer the most chips.
>>
>>54456983
>They are like the Tyranids, with the exception that they don't need digestive pools, the flood converts biomass on a cellular level.
On that note, the Flood are actually worse than the Tyranids due to the fact the Flood are capable of out-pacing nids when it comes to devouring/consuming planets.
The nids need an entire Hive ship and 50-100 days to completely devour a planet's entire biomass.

The Flood can infect an entire planet in a week or less if just a single infection form gets loose.
>>
>>54442489
Warframes could probably sorta work.
>>
File: Mutant-ork[1].jpg (45KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
Mutant-ork[1].jpg
45KB, 315x315px
>>54459216
>Humans brought them into existence
I don't think that's accurate. Just because 40k is humanocentric doesn't mean that there aren't other races worshipping chaos.
>>
File: 1488837886378.jpg (110KB, 751x723px) Image search: [Google]
1488837886378.jpg
110KB, 751x723px
>>54457434
>Aplying math and consistency to the Warp

Well there's your problem.
>>
the Point of View gun from hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.
that thing may even be able to fuck up Chaos real bad.
>>
>>54445957
would the warp make a Sith way more powerful or just kill them?
>>
>>54457033
Given that just about every attempt to destroy the Bydo just produces more Bydo?

No.

Why are the seabirds the only ones happy to see me on this beautiful summer night?
>>
>>54459511
For those unaware of the nature of the Bydo, let's lay down some facts

The most dangerous part about the Bydo is the fact that they tend to convert enemies sent against them into more Bydo. The worst part about this is that the people converted never realize this, and believe they're still human. Indeed, one of the strategy games features an entire campaign as a Bydo fleet who's attempting to return to Earth without realizing they've become Bydo. Not only do they fail to understand that they're now their own worst enemies, but they fight through fleet after fleet of their former allies without ever once realizing that's something is wrong. They can only wonder why their allies keep attacking them while they keep doing their dogged best to get back home.
>>
>>54459414
>the Point of View gun from hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.
>that thing may even be able to fuck up Chaos real bad.
Alternatively, just put one of those in the hands of an Ork and kick back and watch the rest of the galaxy start screaming WAAAAGH!! and rip itself apart.
>>
>>54459367
>We know what emotions fual what.
>We know that bigger rituals cause bigger results on average and have correlations with what sacrifices get used and the mental states of relivent subjects.

Where I'm going with all this is that while the warp itself represents an unbelievably large and chaotic possibility space, but that it's still predictable. Psykers and most daemon behaviour falls well within the realm of things that shards can predict even without special effects.

The simurgh actually goes through something similar to this in the form of scion blocking it's perception and forcing it to observe how the world interacts with scion instead.

>But she faces an obstacle that she is utterly blind to, now. No apparent past or future. In interacting with it, she is limited to context. She sees not the obstacle, but she can see things that are set in motion around it. She cannot see it strike, but she can see the reaction, the aftermath.

The warp will be turned into a math equation.
>>
>>54444098
Only patrician answer.
>>
File: unicron__bfg_planet_by_sunstars.jpg (372KB, 580x700px) Image search: [Google]
unicron__bfg_planet_by_sunstars.jpg
372KB, 580x700px
>>54442489
Transformers. /tg/ already has a module for them as a faction, and frankly, given some of the shit that the franchise can pull, it's a little conservative.

Unicron especially is easily something that can threaten 40k as a setting.
>>
>>54459310
Also Tyranid cannot assimilate technology or knowledge, only biomass and DNA, which the Flood can also do.

So if the nids get aboard your ship, they might neutralize the ship, if the flood get on your ship, that ship will be converted to their use, turn their guns on you, or just ram into another ship to repeat the process.

Worse off if they assimilated the knowledge of the captain or higher officers, they now have your playbook and know your strategy. Thats the danger that never really gets addressed except in the HALO books and expanded lore.

So if they manage to assimilate a higher officer that has knowledge of superweapons...
>>
>>54446190
>Mass Effect
The Reapers could win a LONG game, with similar tactics to those used in ME 1 and 2. An all-out assault like in 3 would fail, though, yeah.

>Starcraft
Nothing from StarCraft 1 could do it. Dunno about 2.

>Gundam
The Unicorn shields the Turn A from Warp-fuckery, and the Turn A eats the galaxy one solar system at a time. They could do so within a few years of time relative to the pilots' perspectives, as the Unicorn can time travel.

>Battletech.
True.
>>
>>54449795
By 40K's own admission, rail-weapons are better than those cannons.

As for 'ignoring the other half of the setting', it's because Starcraft and Warhammer 40K now operates on more or less similar rules for canon... you HAVE to pick and choose what's true and not in them or they don't make any sense. A single space marine can't both be this unstoppable god of death and still fall to 20th century weapons. A terran space marine can't both have powered armor rendering him immune to small arms fire and needing heavy weapons to pierce and also be able to be killed with a pistol. (First instance from SCI's manual, second instance from SCII campaign)

As for the AKs, I was specifically referring to Guardsman weapons, which regularly do injure/kill Space Marines of either side. Guardsmen autoguns are more or less H&K G-11s, with lasguns ranging anywhere from laser AKs to .50 cals depending on who is writing.
>>
>>54459646
Isn't the whole "worm" thing that shitty CYOA superhero thing that refuse to die?
>>
File: images (22).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>54459511
>>54459580
Fun fact about that commander, in the second strategy game, Bitter Chocolate, he comes rolling back into the system with a Bydo Death-Star, now completely mindless and under Bydo control. Another thing to note authentic Bydo is that they can infect -anything-, Anything. They can infect flesh, machinery, AIs, light, sound, pure thought, the laws of physics, anything you can name they can infect. They are one of the most bullshit races ever conceived, and we haven't even gotten into some of the forces they have at their disposal.
>>
File: Matrix-Morpheus.jpg (27KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
Matrix-Morpheus.jpg
27KB, 500x303px
>>54459646
>The warp will be turned into a math equation.

What if I told you that in the Warp 2+2 does not equal 4?
>>
File: 1500209333290.png (199KB, 564x694px) Image search: [Google]
1500209333290.png
199KB, 564x694px
>>54459580
>>54459831
>>
>>54459843
It equals anywhere from 3-5 but that is still good enough to make accurate predictions with some solid math.
>>
File: NpHJryW.jpg (82KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
NpHJryW.jpg
82KB, 800x566px
>>54459748
>Nothing from StarCraft 1 could do it. Dunno about 2.
Bitch you what
Starcraft Terran basic units are basically less skilled Space Marines but with arguably better weapons and armor.

They aren't even the real human army either, these are the hillbilly prison rejects that got shot out into space like some sort of sci fi opera Australia mixed with backwater USA mannerisms

Basically the Terrans are hillbillies with the sci fi equivalent of blue overalls and shotguns, which in this setting is bumper sticker covered power armor and goddamn automatic gauss cannons.

They even redneck rigged up a mind control device to put the Zerg overmind on a leash with the space equivalent of duct tape and ingenuity

don't underestimate starcraft
>>
>>54450164
I'd almost rather see Asura turned into one of the lost two primarchs. Give us a reason why Big E not only had him put down one of them, but expunged him from history.
>>
File: angron.jpg (95KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
angron.jpg
95KB, 600x450px
>>54460165
>asura
>angry all the time
>having problems with authority
>thinking that violence is a solution to everything
>wants to kill god
What do you mean "lost" primarch?
>>
>>54457492
Opera here.
I would pay to see America isolated and attacked by nids.

Batman please fund
>>
You don't need to.

40k already has Chaos. The ultimate corrupting force. Anyone who doesn't have a guiding light like the Emperor falls to Chaos.
>>
>>54460033
>starcraft
>good tech

Hahahahahahahahaha. No. Starcraft has no tech. It's Warcraft with technobabble instead of magic.

>metzen leaves
>lore for EVERYTHING blizzard creates is STILL shit

Just fucking abandon ship. We'll never get back to the early Warcraft/Diablo days.
>>
>>54442489
Superman?
>>
>>54461180
Superman turns evil the moment Lois or the Flash or whoever gets murdered.

Chaos will have a fucking field day turning that fucking pussy into a demon prince.
>>
>>54459030

Nono operates on a completely different level. She could waltz through the solar defenses of Holy Terra right up to the Golden Throne and there isn't a goddamn thing anything the Imperium could do to stop her.

On the one hand, Nono is good people and wants to protect humanity, because she was programmed to love humans.

But on the other... I wouldn't be too surprised if Nono found the IoM itself horrifying. Confronted by the sheer scale of cruelty of Imperial practices, I wouldn't be exactly shocked if she took it upon herself to started defending humans from the Imperium itself.

"Noriko didn't die for this."
>>
>>54457215
This must be bait
>>
>>54442489
Have a vessel from the Culture series pop in for 4 seconds, get attacked by like 800 tyranid fleets, and waste them all with a single energy grid attack.
>>
File: Enslaver_sketch[1].jpg (57KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
Enslaver_sketch[1].jpg
57KB, 399x600px
>>54442489
are these guys still around in 40k?
>>
>>54445940
The more snippets I read of the sons work, the more I'm glad I've never picked up any of his book
>>
>>54457291

Bro, the friction and recoil from firing just modern day supersonic railguns tears up the internals of the weapon something fierce, requiring frequent replacement of the launch rails.

When you are dealing with firing a projectile at relativistic speeds, even a fraction of that recoil and friction will be enough to turn your railgun into a bomb going off inside your ship.

Your gun is going to try its damndest to shoot itself out the other side of your ship. What doesn't shatter is going to melt.

Magnetic fields have to obey momentum laws too.
>>
File: CCSakura.jpg (239KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CCSakura.jpg
239KB, 1024x768px
>>54442489
I recall an iteration of this thread where we determined that Card Captor Sakura, or really any late-season/late-issue magical girl could crossover-compete with 40k. In terms of RAW bullshittery, late-season/late-issue magical girls kind of shit on most "power level" discussions.
>>
>>54461846

Pretty much. Magical Girls and Super Robots tend to jump up in power pretty quickly by the end.

I'm pretty sure that Sakura can just OHKO a Chaos God in a fair fight with the right card.
>>
File: 1483507670611.png (413KB, 469x514px) Image search: [Google]
1483507670611.png
413KB, 469x514px
>>54461874
Basically, though I think, in the very narrow purview of 40k power-level-wank, Magical-Girls have the distinct advantage of being pure and incorruptable, pre-neutralizing chaoswank.
>>
>>54442489
Without breaking Lore?
Interex survivors. Have them join with Tau and then we've something to work with, they raid Imperial black ships for their Psykers.

The other thing is some whack-job gets his hand on a piece of Malaian wargear and kills a Chaos Champion mid-ascention and steals his warp-fuzz becoming an independent Daemon free of the Undivided faction using it as a front for galactic conquest and subversion of Chaos to a more "moderate but dynamic" state.

Asides from that, the 1st generation illithid Empire from before the use of quintessence to blow themselves back in time to avoid some horrible fate and their creation of the Gith. Use the Illithad and that 4e stuff on the Illithid trading outpost for information pertaining to advanced tech.

Psionics are an antithesis of psyker powers effectively.
>>
File: Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg (277KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg
277KB, 1136x811px
>>54459874
No there is no 3 or 5, because 3 grew legs and ran away. Then 5 commited ritualistic suicide. Infact the only numbers that matter in the warp are the ones the gods choose.
>>
>>54459760
its also a shitty fiction that refuses to die
>>
File: DyImm7q.jpg (917KB, 1920x1359px) Image search: [Google]
DyImm7q.jpg
917KB, 1920x1359px
>>54460033
>Terran marines beating a space marine ever.
A guant is almost literally a zergling, think about it.
>>
File: SupCom Unit Scale.jpg (560KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
SupCom Unit Scale.jpg
560KB, 1440x900px
>>54456896
>Lets not even talk about the Experimentals, which can be spat out in minutes by a well established base that are basically the size and power of titans

Bit inaccurate here. Experimentals are not the size of Titans. Basic T3 mechs are the size of Titans. Experimentals dwarf anything that the Imperium can field

The basic T1 tank that all factions have, and can easily produce by the tens of thousands, are the size of Baneblades. If an ACU teleported onto an Imperium-held planet, the planetary governor would only have an hour tops to destroy the ACU and everything it built. Any later, and the sheer exponential growth of the ACU's forces would be impossible to halt.
>>
>>54442489
Hate to break it to probably a lot of 40k fags here, but actually a lot of sci-fi and fantasy universes can curbstomp 40K without even too much effort.

The Heartless, for example, are literally untouchable by anything in 40K.

The Daleks, of course, as well as high-end Cybermen. And the Time Lords, of course.

The Federation from Star Trek, if it takes things seriously. You can't beat someone who has access to reliable, accurate time travel when you don't have access to the same. Even without that, the Federation has superior tactical FTL capabilities and engineers who are described in-universe as "wizards" who've never met a problem they couldn't beat. Star Trek without the plot armor is also Star Trek without the plot-induced stupidity.

Star Wars has vastly superior FTL (you can cross the entire Galaxy in a matter of a week at most). Its ship-to-ship capabilities are generally weaker, but The Force coupled with the numerous and fairly easy fleet- and planet-killing weapons from its canon.

Even leaving aside the Death Star itself, with the same resources that went into building it the Empire could have built over a MILLION Imperial-II Star Destroyers. Sheer weight of numbers overwhelms the Imperium. Plus, again, superior FTL.

Most of the Stargate factions could probably roflstomp the Imperium.
>>
A sentient blackwhole, becoming the immortal avatar of Khorne, destroying all that it comes in to contact with.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego 8.jpg (34KB, 1000x300px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego 8.jpg
34KB, 1000x300px
>>54463243
Oh, and there is one more thing that can stomp 40k.
>>
File: 1489366728138.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489366728138.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>54463243
>>54463268

>Never touched a woman, the post.
>>
>>54460360
>>angry all the time
Asura wasn't angry all the time. He always had a short fuse, but the thing you see in the game is him possessed by his focus. Asura's Wrath isn't just the title, it's the curse he's afflicted it. Dude is possessed by his own rage. It makes him an immortal, unstoppable thing.

>>thinking that violence is a solution to everything
He doesn't. He doesn't indulge in violence. This is made clear during the Augus fight.

During the fight with Chakravartin he finally realized why his wrath wasn't going away, even when he had his daughter back. It wasn't just about her. Or what Chakravartin had done. It was about the core idea of what Chakravartin had done. The injustice. The manipulation. Using others as tools. THAT's why Asura finished off Chakravartin. So nobody would ever be played with that way again. So people could be free.
>>
>>54463295
He said posting on a mongolion knitting image board dedicated to Monopoly and games of pretend
>>
File: 192908-20423-superman.jpg (34KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
192908-20423-superman.jpg
34KB, 400x464px
>>54461234
>Superman turns evil the moment Lois or the Flash or whoever gets murdered.

Sometimes. In another timeline, the Kingdom Come timeline, he simply apprehended the man who did it - The Joker, in this case - and was handing him over to the police officers when some 90s Antihero showed up and killed The Joker.

Superman then asked the police to arrest Magog, which they did, and then testified at Magog's trial that he had murdered The Joker. However, the jury found Magog not guilty.

So Superman, realizing that his particular brand of justice was no longer desired by the world at large, retired to the Fortress of Solitude to farm in a vast underground complex and live in peace, leaving the world behind since he no longer had anything tying him to it (Ma and Pa Kent having died years ago, and The Joker having killed not just Lois, but all his human, non-superhero friends). He only came out of retirement when Magog and his crew fucked up trying to apprehend the last supervillain, Parasite, and accidentally destroyed Kansas.

There are other timelines where Superman has lost everything and it hasn't destroyed him, too.

Basically, short version is that It Depends Upon the Writer. But personally? I prefer Kingdom Come Superman.
>>
File: gsv.jpg (281KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
gsv.jpg
281KB, 1500x704px
>mfw it's a civilian ship
>>
File: 42125457.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
42125457.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>54442489

>As a gm , I'm looking for a universe / technology that can threaten 40k.

GW writing team, or for a boss battle Matt Ward
>>
File: Carmen5.jpg (145KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen5.jpg
145KB, 1200x800px
>>54463295
Carmen Sandiego's minion, Robo-Crook, once stole the entire Milky Way Galaxy with his Hyper Hoover. He did this in about 5 seconds. By simply flipping a switch.

Carmen also has access to reliable, accurate time travel. Carmen *also* is explicitly half-assing everything she does.

40k is not playing on Carmen Sandiego's field. Carmen isn't even playing on her own field, she's playing with like a million handicaps just to make the game more interesting. A Carmen Sandiego that was taking things seriously is...terrifying.

>Where in the world did everyone's brainstems go?
>>
File: 5154087200_f1a64f6258.jpg (34KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
5154087200_f1a64f6258.jpg
34KB, 250x235px
>>54463436
>>
>>54463444
Robo-Crook with the hyper hoover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pRVvuIWXG4&t=142s

Starts at 1:58
>>
>>54463390
I don't think there's a comic that can top kingdom come
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>54463469
He's taking the piss anon
>>
>>54463424
12/10
>>
File: Superman 01.jpg (514KB, 1280x2042px) Image search: [Google]
Superman 01.jpg
514KB, 1280x2042px
>>54463473
It's certainly a high bar to clear, I'll give you that. Though at least in terms of Superman comics, All-Star Superman comes damn close for jut *getting* Superman, to such an extent that it manages to compress the entire backstory down to four panels and eight words and still nail it.

>Doomed planet
>Desperate scientists
>Last hope
>Kindly couple

Then, of course, there is pic, which boils the entire history and character of Superman into a single perfect page.
>>
>>54443975
Exterminatus, done. Let's move on.
>>
>>54463487
Yeah, but I like showing off that 40k loses to the "villain" of an 80-90s children's edutainment program. It warms the cockles of my heart.
>>
File: 1462043192324.png (359KB, 398x645px) Image search: [Google]
1462043192324.png
359KB, 398x645px
>>54463501
AND THEN SNYDER COMES ALONG
>>
>>54442489
Builders from BLAME! are nearly done converting the neighboring galaxy into The City and will start consuming this one next.
>>
>>54442489
A plot point that moves the setting forward.
>>
File: 1409717473574.jpg (48KB, 343x291px) Image search: [Google]
1409717473574.jpg
48KB, 343x291px
>>54463539
But let's not think about that. Let's close on a comfy Superman image instead.
>>
>>54460033
>better weapons

If they had better weapons, 1 Terran Marine wouldn't lose to 2 Zerglings.
>>
>>54463607
You underestimate the power of the zergling.
>>
>>54457136
OH, kinda like how whenever you fire a gun you die, right?
I get it. You're stupid.
>>
>>54460033
Except Terrans aren't 8ft tall genetically engineered superhumans that are imune to most contemporary small arms fire without power armor. Not to mention the Starcraft lore basically says that Terran power armor may as well be made of paper mache for the amount of protection it actually provides.
>>
>>54456669
I'd suspect Supcom and TA units are optimized for ease of production first and anything else second, considering literally everything other than the commander is expendable and will be abandoned the moment the battle is over. A carbon nanotube kite with a rocket in its ass is a good enough bombing platform if a t1 air factory can churn them out at 18 second intervals, and that t1 factory is a 3D printer that only needs to work for about an hour or so after you build it.
>>
>>54463539
Know what they should've done with Superman. They should've set up Superman as being a noble paragon, but still have something happen where a city gets bumblefucked by sheer overwhelming action. Then during Batman VS Superman you have the whole idea in play that while Superman does good, he also makes people docile as to their own wellbeing.

And then at the end of Dawn Of Justice, you kill Superman. You have the Death Of Superman. So the Justice League starts out as this chaotic thing where the other heroes are trying to pick up the slack and keep shit from going nuclear.
>>
>>54463689
>imune to most contemporary small arms fire
They REALLY aren't. One once went down to a fucking pointy stick. Guilliman, who is a Primarch and thus considerably tougher than a Space Marine said that one bolt shell to his unarmoured head would kill him.
They only get their absurd kill ratios from plot armour, since we have fairly exact stats on what it takes to kill one after this much lore.

Sure, Starcraft armour may be made of paper, but that is because it's being hit with what are basically Genestealer claws or less powerful Rail Rifles half the time.

The Imperium could easily take SC in a fight, but it wouldn't be the Marines that did the work. The Imperial Navy, probably.
>>
>>54463787
Boltshells aren't contemporary, they're .75 caliber explosive bullets that are also gyrojets. When I said contemporary I meant contemporary, stuff like modern firearms. I understand what you're saying but I think your slightly underestimating how tough 40k Space Marines are.
>>
File: pfffffft.png (794KB, 1234x1324px) Image search: [Google]
pfffffft.png
794KB, 1234x1324px
>>54463539
I like mine better.
>>
>>54463847
Bolters are fairly contemporary for 40k, though. In terms of modern firearms, they are more or less as powerful as Lasguns, although without the Las weapon's considerable logistical advantage.

>"The Legionnaire that scoffs at a lasgun has not charged across an open field against a hundred of them."

Space Marines can and do go down to lasguns, although it will certainly take considerably more effort than "Chap with pauldrons, there. Five shells rapid.". Grenade launchers and RPGs will be gibbing the bastards, 40k Guard equipment can draw some parallels to modern gear, and in the first Gaunts Ghosts book a Guardsman with a missile launcher gibs an Iron Warrior with a shot to the torso.
The 40k Marines are certainly superior to the SC Marines, I'm just fairly sure they're not superior ENOUGH to face down the fact that they are outnumbered a hundred to one on any reasonable battlefield by enemies that only need a good couple shots to put them down to SusAn where they can be dealt with at leisure.
>>
>>54464021
True. Maybe if they were still legion sized and you had a couple of legions they wouldn't be hopelessly outnumbered, but that's a different debate. Also 40k lore and fluff is confusing because it fluctuates a lot, sometimes Space Marines are portrayed as unstoppable murder machines and sometimes they'll be taken down by a stray stub gun shot, it really kind of depends on the writer.
>>
>>54463847

Space Marines get brought down by mundane shotguns, anon.

I realize that the lore wants Space Marines to be impressive, but when you take canon accounts of space marine durability and combine that with listed material strengths for shit like landraiders, the end result looks like like 40k being full of super powered dudes and fucking dangerous weapons and more like a bunch of retards in light armor shooting fireworks at each other while making 'pe-chew, pe-chew!' noises with their mouth.
>>
>>54464079
>implying that 40k lore is ever consistent
>>
>>54464069
You know what would work rather well against SC Marines? Skitarii. Galvanic Rifles are designed to penetrate armour then burn out the nerves of whoever it hits, and I'm fairly sure that SC Marine armour is not proof against the absurd levels of radiation that Vanguard put out.
They also use ECM warfare, a couple Infiltrators getting among a squad of SC Marines will render them all but useless given they're living continuous flashbangs that also fuck up electronics. Then they get power swords to the face. Skitarii tech also puts less emphasis on outright armour and more on redundancies and esoteric shielding, so getting a couple of (relatively) small holes punched through a Skitarii might not actually down one. They also have the numbers, the Admech churn them out by the billion and they're also basically all Resocs, just with some semblance of actual tactics.

SC tech can be approached similarly to the Tau, I think, and the Admech have already proven themselves dangerously adept at dealing with mundane opponents they can ECM to shit.
>>
The thing about 40k is that it is so slow compared to most other universets, so you can't just say exterminatus lol. Even Star wars would stop the virus bombing from Even happening. The bureaucratic nightmare og 40k operate so slow that most sci-fi universes can take it.
>>
>>54442508
The Culture by Iain Banks.
>>
>>54461794
That's from the original series. There are 6 books on it, and as ridiculous and setting-breaking as the last two are, they're probably the best written in many aspects
>>
>>54461234
Besides >>54463390, Superman knows kryptonian psychic martial arts and has a generally transhuman mind, so good fucking luck corrupting him. And being that space marines can occasionally beat daemon princes in the materium, up to and including traitor Primarchs, nothing Chaos has is capable of fighting Superman without getting instantly vaporized
>>
>>54443430
Holy fucking Kek. Found the 14 year old girl
>>
>>54465857
Not really. They were brought up earlier in the thread and if nothing else they're perfectly capable of wiping out the galaxy and everything on it
>>
>>54464165
>I'm fairly sure that SC Marine armour is not proof against the absurd levels of radiation that Vanguard put out.
Considering how a SC science vessel has a weaponized radiation gun that wipes out squads of marines, I'd say no

>Fuck up electronics
There go the ghosts, medics, and coms

>small holes punched through a Skitarii might not actually down one.
>small holes
>small
You lost me there, an average SC marine gauss rifle will liquefy a human body if it hits them center mass
Those things were made to penetrate steel plating several inches thick

Skitarii would probably destroy SC marines, though SC marines with numbers could most likely destroy an SM chapter
>>
>>54465857

Doctor Who might be a bad shot, but the powerlevels in it are off the fucking chart. That's all that matters for these kinds of things.

Time-War era Daleks have superweapons that can delete the Emperor from time before he exists, or rewind entire battles to their start point with the memories of the Dalek fleet intact as many times as needed to defeat you. They also build shit like multiverse-erasing reality bombs.

The Timelords, somehow, are even more fucking insane, just less directly offensive with it. Its canon in Doctor Who that magic used to exist, but the Time Lords found it frustrating and inconvenient, so they went back and edited the big bang to change the resulting laws of the universe. The laws of physics are, in fact, actually LAWS on books that were voted on by committee and then put into action, specifically to take magic off the board. Black holes were apparently invented by them as part of a real estate obsolescence scheme, for a sense of scale.
Some magic apparently survived this process through the temporal equivalent of rounding errors, but the Time Lords hunted that shit down and erased those too.

And the Time Lords, these motherfuckers, ultimately lost to the Daleks in a fight.

If either of those factions decides they don't like 40k as a setting, they can wipe out every faction ever mentioned in the game without firing a shot. Chaos included.
>>
>>54444879
What a load of old wank. Literal wank. Uninteresting and boring. Like saying they went back in time, captured God and fired him into a black hole and he came out on the end of time and did a giant cosmic shit over the multiverse and blahblahblah
>>
>>54466061

This, honestly. At the point where you can just say 'I control all matter in the universe', that's not even science fiction anymore. That's just straight-up magic that uses science words. And not even interesting magic, just sheer plot 'fuck you because I said so' magic.
>>
>>54466061
A lot of things about 40k can be rightfully called uninteresting wank too, but people tend to just accept 40k as the limit for HOW MUCH WANK they're willing to take. Therefore people making these threads only to shit on any of the many, many things that can definitely beat 40k when someone posts them
>>
File: Thallax Prime.png (4MB, 1600x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Thallax Prime.png
4MB, 1600x1432px
>>54465947
True. I was just thinking about how there are stories of Skitarii losing their entire lower bodies and still crawling onwards, zombie-style, or just shooting from the ground. They're rather modular where the limbs are concerned, but obviously a torso shot is game over. I also want to see the mess that a team of Vulturax would make of Starcraft armour, they're basically the Siege Tank's worst nightmare. Also Ursarax vs. Protoss would be an interesting fight. They and their Thallax cousins would probably fuck up ghosts by sheer presence, their minds are literally nothing but the maximum quantity of rage and pain a human brain can physically sustain until they manage to kill something and get their morphine fix. Admech are FUCKED UP.

SC Marines would probably make mincemeat of the 40k Marines, since they ALSO have Drop Pods and their AA guns are actually worth a damn. Astartes couldn't use much of their mobility advantage. Might be scary if they break the Land Raiders and their ilk out, though, since Marines are often notably lacking in heavy AT capabilities. They'd probably try a hit-and-run with Diamondbacks.
>>
>>54444845
>Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine
The Covenant's slipspace is far more efficient and safer.

That being said. Anything in the Halo-verse would be shit on by almost anything in the 40k-verse. Halo just doesn't have the same sense of scale. The Imperium throws more Guardsmen at some battles than the UNSC has soldiers.
>>
File: DrManhattan.jpg (194KB, 655x368px) Image search: [Google]
DrManhattan.jpg
194KB, 655x368px
>>54442489
>>
>>54463243
>sheer weight of numbers overwhelms the Imperium
you don't know anything about the Imperial Guard do you?
>>
>>54466156
>They and their Thallax cousins would probably fuck up ghosts by sheer presence,
>their minds are literally nothing but the maximum quantity of rage and pain a human brain can physically sustain until they manage to kill something and get their morphine fix
Yeah, Ghosts are empaths.
Makes them great for sensing where enemy troops will be and what they are thinking
IE ghosts know what a squad of enemy troops is doing at all times

But so much pain and rage would basically be obscuring white noise at best and crippling at worst

>Land Raiders and their ilk out, though, since Marines are often notably lacking in heavy AT capabilities
Goliaths and siege tanks are not to be underestimated.
That and Terran are noted for being scavenger masters, so long as there is scrap metal left, they can repair it.
Ghosts I think would be a pain in the ass for most SM legion armor considering their ability to shut down electronics.

So in all, SC marines and terran in general would be a great counter match up for SM legions, but ironically enough would probably get worn down by standard IG regiments or Skittari
I also see them having issues fighting the Eldar, but would probably be incredible against Tyranids.

Question is, why would the Imperium and the Terran fight? It would seem to me if the Terran found themselves in the 40K verse they would join up pretty quick with an IG chapter.
Give them beer and a hefty bribe for the commander and they are yours.
Pretty sure the IG would be thankful for some heavy infantry to back them up.
>>
File: 1492646487990.png (840KB, 2568x3368px) Image search: [Google]
1492646487990.png
840KB, 2568x3368px
>>54442489
I find this story satistying
>>
>>54467085
True. Ghosts would run rings around anything the Astartes have unless some Librarian can pull some Warp bullshit out his ass, and as psi-dampers are canon tech I'd be surprised if he could. I will say that the Mechanicus is also dangerously competent at reconstructing destroyed war engines when required, e.g. Titans, but that probably wouldn't come into play with regular battle tanks and walkers. IG+Koprulu Marines would be a damn dangerous combination, especially since Enginseers in SCVs would be combat-engineering about as well as Machinator Priests or possibly Macroteks. You'd wind up with big sledgehammers of expendable and regenerating tanks backed with extremely heavy infantry (Marauders, Firebats) in Chimerae and Ghosts grabbing some Scion grav-chutes to deploy from orbit.

Oddly, not unlike the old Ordo Reductor of the Crusade Mechanicum, who'd do the same thing with Vindicators and such, Thallax airdrops and Myrmidons in transports. Good god, that would make the Protoss rather sad. They'd show up in orbit somewhere, demand honourable combat and then get their Zealots perforated by SC Marines and Arquebi and heavy equipment grav-beamed by Myrm Destructors before the Guard bombardments arrive.
>>
>>54467115
tl;dr
The Enterprise and the Star Wars imperial destroyer team up and pool their tech to destroy the IoM warship due to the religious zealotry of the captain making it impossible for them to work together.

The star trek people win a technical victory by using diplomacy
the star wars people narrowly win a practical victory by being able to work with others to destroy a larger threat
The 40K ship has unquestioned weapons and armor superiority but poor mobility and a complete lack of ability to work with others or make compromises
>>
>>54467115
>forgotten how to maintain ... technology

I agree with how this would work out in principle, but the Admech DOES in fact know how to build and maintain Navy ships and equipment rather well, to the point of reconstructing old Arks Mechanicus they have recovered from god-knows-where. In Forge of Mars an ArkMech was gutted down its length by a plasma bombardment coming from within its shields and not the angle attack is expected from (Rogue Warlord Titan and friends, long story) and they had it mostly back to speed in a couple days . Ship tech is one field that the Admech has not lost, they just don't often have the resources to build older battleships without sacrificing other commitments, and they are VERY reluctant to hand tricks out to the Navy. In Dark Imperium Guilliman has to stop them recovering enemy ships that took a Nova Cannon to the face leaving only the frame, and it was due to the threat of Chaos corruption on the ships rather than a lack of ability to do the job.

Federation engineers still superior, but I'd say the Mech are at least on par with the Empire Navy, even without factoring in all their assorted nerve links and the Noosphere.
>>
>>54467299
Protoss are comprable to the Eldar, but are noteably heavier handed in their approach to warfare.

Basically they are bigger, stronger eldar without the ability to see the future, but with a heavier reliance and ability for firepower superiority.
Protoss are however psychic with similar abilities to ghosts to be able to read the minds of their enemy to know exactly what they are going to do before they do it.

Not sure how a psi blade would match up to wraithbone, but in cannon it carves through pretty much anything.
Their plasma weaponry on even the most basic of units is target seeking balls of destruction guided by psychic power, and all of their units have shielding

Funnily enough, the terran and IG would work together, but the Eldar and Protoss would be too stuck up their own asses on their racial superiority they would refuse to work together and get roflestomped by the combined might of the IoM and Terran confederacy
>>
>>54467402
The AdMech are, however, still lacking interstellar-range sensors, which were sort of an important point, and would be much less prone to retard-tier fanaticism preventing any negotiations, especially when presented with humans who appear to have lost technology that they want. They also wouldn't be in any hurry to leave this wonderfully perfect black-box experimental environment that would allow them to run all the little experiments they always wanted to but never could due to the warp being a shithole. If anything, they would be likely to get on board with Picard's whole "let's work together to fight Q rather than playing his game" thing, and the only reason they wouldn't would be "why the hell would we want to leave so soon?: this place is great!"
>>
File: Kotov Human Form.jpg (387KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kotov Human Form.jpg
387KB, 1600x1200px
>>54467624
Oh yeah, a Baskilion Astra (Admech Navy) ship run by anything less than the most idiotic conservative Magi would be ALL OVER working with these guys, given they give considerably less fucks than any other Imperial branch about who they work with as long as they get toys. They don't even have to FIGHT the xenos and hereteks to get their stuff this time, they'd be overjoyed.
This scenario works well because it's the Imp Navy, and the Mechanicus doesn't come into it at all.

I do kinda want to read about what the 3-way alliance would be like, and what would happen when Worf discovered the Myrmidax and their love of ritual combat. I imagine some kind of duelling competition held in a holodeck for interesting environments, winner gets either a suite of Mechanicus combat implants or a big pile of tech if it's a Mech winner.

Hell, stick Archmagos Kotov in there and watch him become besties with Picard, they're rather similar people in terms of personality. Then Borg!Telok shows up and both of them get absolutely obsessed with taking the monstrosity of a Borg collective with knowledge of DarkMech mental alteration and some Necron tech down, and Starfleet freaks out when Kotov changes from pic related to his hulking, deadly and extremely fucked-up looking combat form, draws twin phosphex pistols and goes to town.

(Big suit-things are fanart extrapolation of the Imperial Combat Robots that show up in the books, not canon.)
>>
>>54467798
Never mind, I'm blind, this is Battletech art that I thought was 40k fanart. Still, lead guy looks about right for the description of Kotov's social body.
>>
>>54444456
Timelord society has some super mental weapons and just stuff in general. Ignoring the time travel they perfected, they turned their nearest sun into a perfect and perpetual black hole so it could be a power source. It's so powerful their time travel technology links to it across time and space. If you want to see the shit they can do check out the old Who story "The Warlords" and watch the final episode. Timelords when powered up are gods
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.