[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miss us yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: hMrc2O6pwZ.png (698KB, 750x772px) Image search: [Google]
hMrc2O6pwZ.png
698KB, 750x772px
The intro packs were bad but holy shit they don't even try with the planeswalker decks.

At best we can hope they have learnt their lesson about shafting one color every set.
>>
>>54438478
>Eldritch Moon was the first and last time intro packs had alternate art
What the fuck
>>
>>54438588
Was it really?
Holy shit.
Then again I suppose alternate art had the risk of the packs getting brought out by experienced players so there were none left for the newbies.
>>
>>54438655
Nah can't be. I am sure the drowner of sorrows in battle for kaladesh had alt art.
>>
When it's tied tightly to a certain mechanic they are not too bad (energy, improvise) on par with most of the old intro packs but otherwise they just fill it with random shit and think the planeswalker makes it good enough.
>>
>>54438478
>wizards learning their lesson
yeah man it will be fun having this thread again 3 years from now.
>>
>>54440700
They learnt their lesson about removing core sets.
Granted I think I was the only person I know who could tell from the start getting rid of them was a mistake.
>>
let me tell you about when i was 10 and starting mtg, playing kitchen table at the beach, in short when i was exactly the target audience of intro packs, core sets, planeswalker decks.

i was very well connected with 20+ kids like me and we all shared the same toughts and advices from a kid viewpoint:

-pre-built decks motherfucking SUCKS(with exceptions of the affinity and umezawa jitte one).they are shoved down our throat but don't evolve into something kitchen-table competitive and worst of all they have terrible value rare-wise so they aren't even a good place to start building the deck they claim to be.
The top reason we bought starter decks was,you can guess it,.basic lands. fortunately wizard woke up and now islands are no more mythic rares.

I have no idea how planeswalker decks could ever be anything but worse at that given they are based on a 1x unplayable bad card with cards that specifically interact with it.You can't even upgrade them

-core sets are not appealing at all.Unlike the badass designed sets with clear mechanics and cool ambientation, core sets are fucking plain and tasteless.Even beginners didn't like it.9 year old kids can deal with not having trample explained to them on every green card. the only reasons we bought *some* 9th and 10th edition packs was that that Serra Angel picture was masturbation-worthy.I literally saw a couple ones with cum stains.Oh, and kamigawa! sets like that can really shoot the core sets sales up.

-fuck off with your rare 9 mana cost wurm. it dies to doom blade.
>>
>>54440790
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/core-2019
Anon...
>>
>>54438478
No. I miss real precon, duel decks and the rest of the actually decent products.
>>
File: Khans-of-Tarkir-Intro-Pack-Set.png (839KB, 632x772px) Image search: [Google]
Khans-of-Tarkir-Intro-Pack-Set.png
839KB, 632x772px
>>54438588
>>54438655
>>54438675
It wasn't anywhere near the first time. They'd been doing that since at LEAST Khans of Tarkir
>>
>>54441408
There are no 9 cost wurms in magic
t. wurm collector
>>
>>54438655
>.
>Then again I suppose alternate art had the risk of the packs getting brought out by experienced players so there were none left for the newbies.

I'm getting real tired of this "good players will ruin literally everything for the 9-year-old Timmies" excuse that they hold as a carte blanche to print absolute god damn trash and release purposefully shitty products.
>>
>>54441538
What, he was saying it was dumb of Wizards to remove them, and that they learned their mistake and are bringing it back.
>>
File: crush.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
crush.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54441858
>>
>>54441877
That's three Wurms for 9. That's like a 6/6 wurm for (2G) three times at once.
>>
>>54441877
Hope you have 3 doom blades then.
>>
File: call.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
call.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>54441877

I just now realized that if you divide Crush by three, both costs and the number of tokens, it's exactly a double-strength Call of the Herd.
>>
File: BFZ_IntroPK_1.png (176KB, 270x450px) Image search: [Google]
BFZ_IntroPK_1.png
176KB, 270x450px
Few years ago my brother wanted to play some Card Games, I walked around a comic store in my town and saw some Magic Intro packs. He got Call of Blood and I got Rallying Cry.
From Rallying Cry I've upgraded it to play Standard. Felt specially good when Oath came out, it's pretty strong now, focused on Equipment and Ally synergy. It won me a few FNMs, farming me some decent store cash.
Too bad it's rotating out, I'll miss it.
>>
I miss tournament packs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.