[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most evil thing you've ever done as a player?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 29

File: 1499786189516.jpg (35KB, 448x604px) Image search: [Google]
1499786189516.jpg
35KB, 448x604px
>join new gaming group
>one girl
>be the only guy who isnt a fat fuck
>im not exactly healthy but I take personal grooming seriously
>DM clearly has a thing for the one female in the game
>we're hitting it off super well
>he starts having monsters laser-focus on my character, the rogue attempting to hide
>literally turns multiple encounters into some kind of autistic tower defense game where my character woop woop woops around past my team mate and the monsters suicide on everyone's AoOs.
>after a few weeks, me and DM's interest are dating
>make out in front of him
>fuck her in the bathroom of the university where we play games
>oddly enough, most of the other people at the table don't care
>dm is increasingly agitated with me
>literally messages my GF on facebook and gets into a huge spergout with her, calling her a bitch and a slut and a this and a that
>gf is really upset, stops coming to DnD
>keep going, because now I want to rub it in his face
>eventually the relationship goes south(she discovered jesus and suddenly gaming, not going to church and shouting "jesus cocksucking christ" all the time is not allowed)
>new girl at DnD group
>DM's been working this angle for a long time apparantly
>we hit it off right away again
>start hanging out
>talking to her, find out she's gay
>that's cool, because she's actually a pretty cool person to hang with anyway
>DM catches us hanging out one day
>same story as the year before, calling her a slut a whore etc on facebook
>shows up at my house
>literally crying and asking me why I'm going out of my way to ruin his chances at pounding puss puss(basically that scene from grandmas boy)
>room mate walks by, drunker than hell
>"how about you lose some fucking weight you fat fucking faggot" and then stumbles into his room
>DM storms out
>drops out of school
>basically a neet now, other people in the gaming group told me he's been in and out of mental institutions, tried to kill himself a few times
>bright side is, he lost weight
>>
uh well

>be evil fighter
>tell everyone im not good
>i just act good as fuck
>people start to trust me
>since this is 3.5, eventually level 18
>basically unkillable due to my christmas tree of weapons and items
>finally help the DM's obsessed with character regain her throne
>yay you did it you saved me
>ha ha no I didnt
>what
>I'm going to be your husband now, and you're going to make me king, or i'm going to fucking murder you
>end up fighting off the palace guards, killing them all, killing her sister, two brothers, the court wizards(including ones the DM just pulled out of his ass to fuck me)
>unarmed beat the newly restored queen to death
>entire table is looking at me with jaws hanging open
>>
>>54435454
What the hell is with all the sudden frog posting with inane questions? Is someone trying to force frog posting as something acceptable instead of something ridiculous? It looks like it's all done by the same shits how artist, too.
>>
>>54435454
>Dating a cute girl
>Caring that a fatfuck called "dibs"
>Evil

The only evil thing here would be if someone were lying on the internet.
>>
not me, but

>playing WoD hunter
>DM decides to make us feel bad
>look this werewolf had a family and they're really upset their daddy die-
>BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM
>entire group opens up on his wife and three children
>sets fire to their corpses, hops in the bus and drives the fuck away
>DM: WHY
>everyone at the table: can't fucking let these things breed. cute now, eating people later etc
>DM never, ever ever tries to appeal to our humanity when playing The Vigil ever again
>>
>>54435529
>Wizard loosing to fighter

Noob DM detected.
>>
>>54435570

OP here, didn't know he'd called dibs of any kind. He was just into her, monster never attacked her etc but we kind of really easily hit it off.
>>
>>54435615
Doesn't matter, dibs isn't a thing with people.
>>
>ah ha! I am an evil monster! sacrifice to me!! and I will grant you power
>group: like what
>monster: SO MUCH POWER
>DM: uh he'll up all your ability scores to 18(ADnD 2e.)
>group: fuck that
>me: I SACRIFICE
>go from having 9's in everything to being the best
>party is constantly asking me in character what happened to their older characters
>"I dunno man, don't go into the Cave of Hillatey, crazy shit"

It sounds cunty, but they were all level ones. The DM really regretted letting me have a fighter/wizard/thief with max in every stat eventually.
>>
>>54435667
>not just killing your level 1 pc as well, ha ha i tricked you

>>54435591
>the FBI weren't chasing you down across the country for murdering an entire family

>>54435529
>wizard losing to a fighter. MULTIPLE WIZARDS LOSING TO A FIGHTER.

This is just "I had a shitty DM: the greentext" over and over and over.
>>
>>54435591
as fucked up as that is. it's the right play.
>>
>>54435454
Shit that never happened.

>>54435529
Shit that never happened.
>>
Eh, probably trading a party member to a beholder in exchange for the plot item it was guarding. It was just easier and less risky than fighting, even though we probably could have won. He escaped eventually anyhow.

I usually have to restrain myself with evil characters for the sale of there still being a campaign to play together. When everybody but me dies to a Wail of the Bashee trap, using their gold to ressurect them all instead of scooping up all their shit for myself and finding new underlings is OoC but keeps other players happy to be there. Same campaign as the first thing actually though.
>>
One time, I played a NG Fighter which I played as no-fun-allowed for the person playing an evil sorcerer, to the point where I was so done with his shit that I threatened to cause PvP because he wanted to torture an NPC for info.

That's the most evil I've done in character. Though, out of character, I started dating one of the guys in my group's girlfriend a month or so after he was dumped by her.
>>
>>54435964
I did that once. Traded a player to a tribe of cannibals standing between us and our goal.

Boy was that player annoyed with me when after he died he woke up in a clone body I had stashed in a secret basement of our stronghold, and the party found out I'd made simulacrums and clones of all of them.

>what do you mean you've been collecting samples from us for months?!

I didn't even get thanked for saving their asses either, that group had a burr up its ass about "violations of privacy".
>>
File: 45435464756867.jpg (274KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
45435464756867.jpg
274KB, 2480x3508px
I didn't track healing kit uses, and crossbow ammunition.
>>
>>54438734
you sick fuck
>>
>>54435454
What exactly does this have to do with tabletop other than it being a backdrop to type out your blog?
>>
>>54438734
You fucking monster
>>
I cum on my dice and make my players use them
>>
File: 3650584-satan-editorial.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3650584-satan-editorial.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
I didn't use a coaster on a wooden table.
>>
File: 546467678789.jpg (543KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
546467678789.jpg
543KB, 707x1000px
>>54438810
>>54438822
ok here's a real one that I actually do feel terrible about.

I like to cook for my group, and I usually have something for them to munch on. I really enjoy doing it so sometimes it's nice stuff that takes me a while to make. Usually stuff like lasagna or meatbread or whatever.

Well one time I made a variety of fresh fruit pancakes for them from scratch. A bunch of different berries, bananas, chocolate chips, the whole nine yards.

They all loved them, but I totally forgot that one of them was vegan. It just slipped my mind since I was thinking about fruit and stuff, it didn't register that there's milk and eggs and stuff too.

So I just completely lied my face off and said I used a cool vegan recipe I found online.

I still live with the shame of secretly feeding a vegan a bunch of dairy but it was an honest mistake and he really liked the pancakes and I didn't want to ruin the mood.

Nothing bad happened but my mind just kept going back to those crazy stories of people adding evil stuff to food they bring to people like blood or whatever.
>>
>>54435744
>getting away with murdering people you have no personal connections to
>difficult
>>
>>54438941
>vegan
fuckem. It wasn't meat, it was dairy. Won't hurt them. They are no worse off with some god damn protein in their emaciated hippy body.

Sidenote: chef bro! I love cooking for my players. I honestly question if I DM just so I have an excuse to cook big meals every week
>>
>>54438941
>vegans

Screw it. Vegetarians I can somewhat understand, but swearing off byproducts just seems extra silly.
>>
>>54435591

That's 4 degeneration rolls, a police investigation, and loss of support from a Conspiracy.
>>
File: 999888.jpg (109KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
999888.jpg
109KB, 500x707px
>>54439017
Ah, I'm not outspoken enough to DM. But yes, I really enjoy cooking too. Every week I look forward to making something new for them. It's a bit scary since someone might not like something but so far it's been successes.

And I've enjoyed the challenge of making vegan side dishes. He's generally pleased with what I look up and emulate. I've enjoyed all of it too, it's really not so bad. In my experience vegans have managed to eat healthy and have proper nutrition without eating bland husk food too. I think that's a common misconception about veganism.

>>54439063
>>
I tend to be a rules lawyer. A lot. The GM doesn't let me hold the rulebooks anymore, but my autism allows me to have a lot of it memorized.
>>
>hey we need you to go investigate these weirdo's who keep hanging out on the outskirts of our fort
>ok
>go hunting tracks
>don't find shit
>fail my detection roll
>oh hey we're surrounded by said weirdo's
>"drop your weapons"
>respond by shooting the speaker in the face with an arrow
>kill half of them the other half flee in terror
>paladin actually just knocks one out instead of stabbing him like the rest of us did under my initiative
>go back to fort
>hey we totally kicked their asses
>WHY
>seemed like a good idea at the time
>they were just woodsmen and not even fighters

wHOops
I try not to be so murderhobo-y now but that was in retrospect quite a sudden escalation on my part and a bit on the evil side considering my character was neutral.
>>
>>54435454
played as an [insane] dwarf
>coming inside a village at night to kill people sleeping in a house, breaking limbs of a their child and taking it as hostage (child was "it" from the character's viewpoint)
>massacring a dozen of villagers coming inside by hacking them one at the time
>escaping the house villagers put on fire and avoiding being shot at by having child put on a back as a meatshield
>using the mutilated writhing child as a food source and a sleeping mattress for some time before it died
That was first and the last session of campaign.
>>
I destroyed a long lasting campaign by pointing out that the boss monster has a fear aura.

T p k
>>
>>54438941
Honestly anon, they'd probably understand if you told them that you feel guilty as hell and apologized.
>>
>>54439229
>woodsman
>demanding you to drop your weapons and not just making themselves known
hmmm mak u thing
>>
>>54439777
Well as soon as we realized they had snuck up on us we all drew weapons. They weren't even armed aside from crappy hunting bows and daggers.
>>
File: 1400438597409.jpg (27KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1400438597409.jpg
27KB, 350x263px
>>54435454
I go out of my way to give the guy who owns the FLGS a piece of my group's pizza. Even when I didn't buy it and the others dont want me to.
>>
>>54435454
I once sat there in dead silence and in a situation where one of our characters were going to need to perform a feat of self-sacrifice in order to get a piece of crucial information as the other players debated which of their characters were going to do it.

It was only after everything was said and done that the DM pointed out to everyone I had said literally nothing the entire time. I still don't regret it.
>>
>>54439085
>Degeneration rolls and loss of support from Conspiracy for killing literal monsters
>>
File: spirit.png (273KB, 639x862px) Image search: [Google]
spirit.png
273KB, 639x862px
>>54435454
>Game on hiatus for months over summer
>Session coming up, people are hyped to get back into it
>GM has been on our collective ass to make sure everyone is present
>Sleep though the session
Didn't even feel bad to be honest with you family. Don't really feel much at all
>>
File: 1497229661584.jpg (29KB, 245x295px) Image search: [Google]
1497229661584.jpg
29KB, 245x295px
>>54438856
I host DnD, 40k, DS board game, everything for my friends. I set out coasters and ask them to use them. But one guy only uses it once a session and never again after his first sip.
>>
Not really evil but one time we were interrogating a drow we had captured, and he was giving nothing up. My character had a ring that deals a shotgun-blast worth of force damage. I held it against the drow's knee and spoke the command word.
>>
>>54435454
>Frogposter asking shit questions yet again
It's almost like frogposters are here specifically to troll.
>>
>>54435565
Basically, /pol/ realized they could troll /tg/ by posting trump slogans and shitpost frogs.
Then the antiquestfags started doing it too, since they needed something to troll people with, and here we are today.
>>
>>54440909
>/pol/ack antiquesters are behind this
Wew lad. Stop projecting posts you don't like onto your personal bogeymen. Pepe is common on plenty of boards.
>>
>>54435454

Best post I've read in ages. Two thumbs way up.

CoC
>>
>>54440909

Relax dude, it's just a maymay.
>>
>>54435615

Ok. How is that remotely evil?
>>
>>54440813
Jesus that image almost made me tear up what the fuck.
>>
>>54435454
I already told this story before, but it was raping a gnoll.
>>
>>54435454
This story doesn't make you seem "alpha" or whatever, it just makes you sound like a cunt.
To be fair your GM also seems to be one.
Nice to see two cunts finding eachother.
>>
>>54439789
>they weren't armed except for all the weapons they had
If the DM wanted them to be innocent wouldn't it have been smarter to you know, have them approach you openly instead of sneaking up on you and threatening you?
>>
>>54441554
He is a cunt, but an alpha cunt. :^)
>>
>>54435454
Hmmmn... All different characters:

When the opportunity presented itself, locked the goddess of magic away, Eliminating all magic in the world? Which knowingly killed thousands of innocent creatures along with some bad ones.

Locked a Woman in a closest with her husbands corpse. Told teammate to animate corpse. Left her there I think?

Meh. After I type these out they don't seem nearly as bad overall.
>>
During one game, My character was the only one left of the original party (as tends to happen in my groups due to me trying to not play a complete shitheaded spaz).
Now, the other characters were the other players' second-through-fourth characters, and said players were very much of the "It's what muh character would do" persuasion, one going so far as to shield a monster with her own body even after I attacked it and got a 20, which would've been enough to kill her or it, or maybe both given I was using a pretty heavy polearm.
IC, the other players' characters were fucking shitters, two stupidly hippie-rific nature characters, one lolsorandumb gnome thief with a fetish for severing the dongs of dead dudes and one wallflower with no character, and they all gave my character, the de facto leader, so much shit.
So one night I slit their throats in their sleep.
The GM did kind of inform me that that'd make my character Evil and thus unplayable in his campaign, which is a non-evil campaign, and we rolled it back, but it still felt immensely satisfying.
>>
>>54440909
>antiquestfags needed something to troll people with
Why would we? We won, we're the vast majority of this board. Questfags are the ones posting troll "meta threads" and shit.
>>
File: IMG_3727.jpg (55KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3727.jpg
55KB, 700x480px
>>54435454
I let three PCs kill the other three PCs because of assumptions that then turned out to be completely false.
>mfw
>>
>>54438734
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>54435454
I changed my ability scores while DM wasn't looking. He never caught it on.
>>
>>54441554
It's not about being 'Alpha', so calm it down.
It's just being social vs being selfish and immature.
Not all social interactions between two genders are automatically dictated by primal display behaviors, humans are smarter then that (mostly).
>>
>>54435591

Sounds good to me.
>>
File: autism cake.jpg (98KB, 606x569px) Image search: [Google]
autism cake.jpg
98KB, 606x569px
>>54440909
>being this delusional
>>
>>54440909
How new are you

>>54441554
He's just being a normal human being, if that comes off as him being an "alpha cunt" to you then I'm worried about your social capabilities
>>
File: Double fort.png (132KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
Double fort.png
132KB, 400x509px
>>54435454
Forced the DM and players to change our game back to D&D after deciding I didn't like the system we were using. Constantly rule lawyered and misinterpreted the rules on purpose, making the game look broken to everyone else since they were still learning. We were back to 5e in two months time.

Everyone else really liked the system over 5e too.
>>
>>54435454
Picked an obvious hard counter list versus a guy I knew who was wildly enthusiastic about his new, shiny, deathstar list.

Like, it was as much of a hard counter as I could pick.

This was not hardball, this was "beating him with a brick bat".

And I did. He might have lasted 3 turns, but that was about it.

I think it was worse because he took a list we sort of encouraged him in for an army I was playing at the time that normally, IS pretty "fuck you buddy, have some DIE". Or it was that edition.

And I knew how and why it was, and why and how everything in the army interacted with that. I put a lot of thought into it.

This was a sensitive kid, high functioning Aspergers, didn't take well stuff. In my glee at "haha, I counter your Nob Bikers", I didn't consider that going in and of course, he took it like he usually did when things went badly, which was well... badly.

Verge of tears, incredulous, etc. Not the best response, but I should have expected it and at least given him half a chance. I'm pretty sure he forgave me but he shouldn't have had to.
>>
>>54442917
The whole deliberately-engaging-in-displays-of-affection-in-front-of-the-GM-to-fuck-with-him thing is definitely cunty.
>>
>Deathwatch
>playing Dark Angels apothecary
>GM pulling some kind of team bonding bullshit first season
>unknown marine steals something from one of the three Space Wolf players
>plants it on me
>!!fun!! ensues
>eventually convince Space Wolves I had nothing to do with it
>watch station goes on lockdown to find intruder
>obviously it's a set up by the watch commander for some kind of teambuilding thing
>fuck that
>watch commander says intruder, I'm going to treat it as an intruder
>team splits up
>Wolves go one way, everyone else follows me
>Wolves chase our target
>my team grabs our guns
>Wolves corner intruder, about to pull off his helmet when we catch up
>fucker fucked with me
>Wolves did too
>call Bolter Assault
>Wolves manage to dive out of the way, damn
>whatever
>my activation
>full auto with bolter at close range
>100+ wounds

GM was pretty pissed I turned his Mary Sue NPC marine into fine paste and apparently derailed the entire plot of the campaign in the first season.

I decided to make a habit of it.
>>
>>54440852
Lay out a tablecloth
>>
Tied everyone up at a party of nobles and then poured acid on them
>>
>>54442958

That hurts my soul, anon.
>>
>>54439085
As someone who attempts to use humanity loss in a game, how do you handle it when it gets low? I'd say naturally, the PCs are probably going to hover around 4-5, especially by the end of the campaign, just because actually doing stuff needs you to get your hands dirty for most of it.

Do you just give players derrangements anyway and let them deal with the consequences?
>>
So, I got to play the BBEG in a friend's campaign because he didn't want to.

I am such a rules lawyer I became an actual lawyer.

He gave me a level 18 character with 3 MR.

I made it pure Wizard.

My Dragon/Sidekick was a level 18 Path of War character.

The only catch was that my character was bound to a god-ship as he was trapped between divine ascension and mortality, so he couldn't leave. The ship itself was the shell of a dead divine turtle, and it could move above and below the water, but not leave it.

So, in order:

>Sent Succubi to steal some hairs from each of the party members so I could basically perma-scry them. Only one got found out, and that one got 'killed' by one of their questgivers who had been dominated earlier. Said questgiver also finished the mission.
>They were leading an army against my own which was scouring the continent for the Mcguffins I needed to complete the ritual (which incidentally would also release semi-divine djinni who would devastate half the continent).
>I systematically infiltrated, assassinated the leaders of, or secretly dominated or vampirized all of their allied commanders save one.
>I began to aid in battles, mostly by casting Gate from my location to above the enemy army and throwing my full daily allotment of Meteor Swarms with Sudden Maximize/Empower into it.
>This broke morale fairly quickly.
>In response, they convinced a great wyrm silver dragon to find and assault my God-base.
>The attack came unexpectedly. After killing some of my minions, my Dragon and I went out to fight it (standing on the shell, since I still can't leave it).
>4 rounds later, dead wyrm.
>1 minute after that, Create Greater Undead
>Bound Dracolich with cold powers. I called her Syndragosa. Still have the stats lying around.
>Thanks for the free miniboss guys.

>So the party finds an artifact in a dungeon. They start fighting over who gets it.
>They literally murder a party member, then go back to fighting.
>I cast Gate, and steal the body
>>
>>54435454

This is really the DM's fault for allowing it, but we were playing a campaign where one player introduced his 'childhood friend', a sorceress from the same village he'd hailed from. He was projecting really, really hard, because he was so obviously thirsty for her that it was pretty cringey to watch. He actually had a thing for the DM too, but she was oblivious.

So I ask the DM if I can start romancing the girl too, and she says "Do what you like." After a few months, the other guy basically comes out and tells the girl that he's in love with her, and it's every bit as stammering and awkward as you'd expect. But she tells him, to his face, that she already has some she likes (my PC).

The other player's face goes purple, and he sucker-punches me. He literally punches me from across the table in the forehead then tries to dive across it at me. I hit him with my mug and then we start having a slapfight. ALL THE WHILE, the DM is just sitting there watching us go at it in complete shock.

The other guy stormed off and had some kind of drama with the DM, but we eventually brought in another player. We had like four more sessions before it petered out, but I was fucking the girl regularly by then. I don't even know what the other PC's problem was.
>>
File: 1500489577051.jpg (532KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500489577051.jpg
532KB, 800x600px
>>54443755
wait a second, are you trying to start shit by retelling that story about the anon and the DM going behind another player's back and invalidating his backstory, by telling it from the other player's perspective. that's clever.
>>
>>54443755
I understood that reference
>>
>>54443755

I know this is a repost, but the FemDM was a fucking sociopath according to the way she told the story. How did she not see that cucking her player would end badly? She didn't even realize that she was cucking him!
>>
>>54442958
That's one of the reasons I stopped playing Warhammer, our sessions felt like they were becoming endless strings of counterpicks.

It started when we were brand new, I had a contingent of dark reapers against a guy footslogging space marines. I didn't take a single casualty.

It was then a tyranid blob overwhelming my army by another guy, I lost generally all my troops while my opponent lost about 10%. And then when I came back with pieplates, the match swung the other way.

After a long series of this, it finally ended with me getting my ass handed to me by monstrous creature spam against my green tide. That was the final straw because this was 5th edition and I had no clue how to handle it while still playing Orks and I didn't want to go back to Eldar and just cause the entire process to repeat.
>>
>>54443810
>>54443800
>>54443790
Someone gimme the original please ?
>>
>>54443725

>cont
>Gee golly, sure sounds like time for some Create Greater Undead!
>Turn her into a Vampire.
>With 14 levels of Unchained Barbarian.
>This is a fucking problem.
>Spend some of my cash crafting her a channeling sword so she can do negative level drain through it while still doing barbarian things
>She goes and seduces/dominates the last guy I hadn't manged to suborn from the army.
>She is desperate for vengence against the fucktards who murdered her.
>They have just finished a dungeon crawl, they are beat with a bunch of power expended, and are heading back to town.
>I send her in and tell her to have fun and be back by sunrise.
>She one shots a animal companion/mount on the surprise round, destroys the cart and half of thier loot from the dungeon, and kills the PC who killed her before the rest drive her off.

So, at this point, I decide I'm going to need to actually break these people.

They've been getting friendly with an elven noblewoman from a town that's right in the path of the armies, and the town is pretty far away from my objectives. This sounds like a distraction waiting to happen.

>I send Syndragosa to nearby villages, and she starts creating shadows.
>The shadows kill level 1 commoners, who become more shadows.
>In a very short time, there are a lot less villages and a lot more shadows.
>Heros go and investigate, find a creatively designed custom magic item which looks like an onyx meteor which casts 'create undead' to create a shadow once per day
>They assume this is what started it.
>While they are out of town, Syndragosa in human form comes in and seduces the elven noblewoman's lover. Arranges thing so she walks in.
>She kills them 'both' in a fit of rage (Syndragosa teleports out).
>She has now met all the prerequisties for being turned into a greater Banshee.
>As the group returns, Syndragosa and her remaining undead army systematically slaughters the rest of the town, with the new mini-boss being the Banshee Queen.
>>
>>54443847
>cont

So yeah, the campaign kind of ended there because the GM kinda lost control.

Wizards folks.
>>
>>54443810
I don't understand this response (that lots of anons had in the previous thread). It was definitely ill advised and hopefully she learned her lesson but holy shit no one got cucked. Any response other than "hey guys that was kind of a shitty move, could we not do that please?" seems very unreasonable.
>>
>>54435454
>cucked by Jesus

It's happened to us all, anon.
>>
>>54443841
The "Original" is a 500 posts long thread. You sure you want to read that? It was an absolute shitstorm.
>>
>>54443841
I don't have a screencap, but I'll summarize best I can
>FemDM says player introduces a child hood friend that he wants to romance
>she decides "Fuck that, muh NPC agency, muh wommyns objectification"
>other PC is a "more attractive man because he's a noble" NPC presumably only met him
>spends a real life year where the NPC and noble PC are essentially dating behind the original PCs back
>childhood friend PC confesses
>Girl says "lol no I got this other guy"
>childhood friend's player punches noble guy's player in the face
>DM is baffled by this and says "I only thought it'd be friendly competition between two guys!"
>>
>>54443841
tl;dr
>PC1 establishes they have a childhood love interest
>PC2 pursues said love interest, and wins her heart, because he was richer, more attractive, and actively pursuing her, not just flirting like PC1
>Player 1 spergs out and punches Player 2 in real life for stealing his waifu
>Turns out Player 1 actually had his gf leave him for another man, this was unknown to the DM
>DM had previously also rejected Player 1
Of course /tg/ acted like DM was a heartless sociopath.
>>
>>54443867

It was an exceptionally terrible idea. It turns out that femDM triggered the first player becuase he'd been cucked in real life when his girlfriend left him for another guy. He had to watch it happen all over again.
>>
>>54443867
Your response sounds unreasonable. You sound like a beta.
>>
>>54443874
Fuck yeah I'll gladly take the link
>>
>>54443878
>being wrong
Even the DM said that PC1 was actively pursuing her. The sociopath claims were her spending a whole fucking year fucking with this dude's backstory behind his back because "oh my god it's a lame trope" and "wow it'd be so bad to just objectify her like that!"
>>
>>54443876
>>54443878
Two sides to every story I guess.
>>
>>54443905
Women can change their mind, you know. The choices can be sociopathic or awful, but a girl cannot be 'obliged' to like someone.
>>
>>54443905
>>54443878
I was in that thread I remember literally nothing about objectified wymmyns.

It's too bad not everyone likes your anime childhood romance bullshit
>>
>>54435454
>Be usual GM for group
>Occasionally play
>Most of the other guys in group are terrible GMs, so I keep getting called back behind the screen.
>One day, new guy joins
>Eventually takes a turn in the GM rotation
>Holy shit, he's actually pretty good.
>Feel position as main GM threatened.
>Don't quite obviously That Guy, but do my best to derail the campaign.

I'm a bad person, I know.
>>
>>54443892
>>54443755

DON'T START THIS SHIT AGAIN
>>
File: Fuoiaxw.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fuoiaxw.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>54443913
it's okay, the original poster got what he wanted, he's going to start an absolute shit storm, this thread is about to go way off topic now.
>>
>>54443892
https://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/54393603/#q54402118
Here you go, if it doesn't load well. The post number where it all begins is 54402118.
>>
>>54443939
Why do you *want* to GM forever? Isn't that something complained about endlessly?

Don't get me wrong I enjoy GMing but I also get tired of it.
>>
>>54443960
I enjoy it, I'm not really sure how else to put it. I like worldbuilding, I like making them dance on my puppet strings.
>>
>>54443857
That's why wizards should gain less experience points than other classes.
>>
>>54443936
She said multiple times that the girl being "destined" to be with him was gross. It's a little bit hyperbole on my part, but it's not far off the truth, if she didn't want to do it so bad, she probably shouldn't have approved the concept in the first place and you know, not lead the guy on for a year before saying "nah she wants this guy because he has MONEY"
>>
Why were we all in that thread? Isn't it a bit weird that there is like 6 posters here that were in that thread? The thread was moving fast but not that fast, its like everyone that was arguing in that thread is right here in this very thread.

Pretty spooky how /tg/ posters congregate.
>>
conspired against the entire party at the end of the campaign with one other player

>super magic item that has the power of many gods, sitting in hell
>our mission was to destroy it because of its world ending potential
>nah fuck that
>talk to party wizard between sessions about heisting it
> our characters has a great broship
> night of the heist comes
> seems like the rest of the party had the same idea
>the most hectic 30 second of my life
>let wizard grab it while I fuck over everyone else
>cast a superpowerd version of feeblemind that lasts forever due to a bullshit magic item the dm gave me and everyone forgot about
> everyone fails
>their int and wis scores are now 1
>in a deep layer of hell
> make it out of there like bandits and conquer the world
>>
>>54443980
This, I remember this part.
>>
File: 1472456861365.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1472456861365.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
Not me, but had a player once that would cancel an hour before session every other week.

Which would be fine if some legit emergency came up, but it was always inane shit like, "Oh sorry my coworkers want to go out for drinks and I said yes." Nevermind that we'd all set aside our evenings and possibly turned down our friends.

This player was the DM's friend, and the DM didn't want to play without them, so it meant we couldn't complain and we cancelled more often than we played.

Folks are allowed to have social lives, but jesus I've never known anyone with less respect for other people's time.
>>
>>54443968
Or be built in a system that isn't a sack of shit and consciously costs out various character abilities as more or less balanced based on points.

Like Gurps.

Yeah, the Wizard might have a good trick or two, but overall, it balances out. And if it doesn't the GM is fully empowered to say "fuck you Ted, you don't get powers like that in my campaign".

I mean, you do need some judgement, obviously. There are situations where literal magical powers create a problem when the "balance" is that the other character has vast social abilities that do not adequately scale to the situation at hand or are too "soft" or unwieldy to be as useful.

Or they can sort of play out.

Maybe in your WW2 campaign one character really does have a fucking wizard, but the other character is an officer or G-Man that can accomplish quite a bit by making the right call and getting something firebombed or calling in Company strength reinforcements.

This might compete very strongly with the ability to use Fireball all day long.

It also opens doors that "I use Fireball" will not. If you need a hole in the wall or to burn an entire platoon of Krauts alive instantly, it's probably pretty robust though.

For that matter the guy who is "Audie Murphy but better/Captain America" can also do stuff. Sometimes, someone needs to just plain shoot Nazi's or punch Hitler in the mouth. That is going to be your man.
>>
>>54443992
>>54443980
I don't remember it but I'm not about to go back into that trash fire and check so I'll believe you guys.

I think we all agree it was a shitty move as a DM and that all DMs should consult their players on sideplots. I'm *pretty* sure we also agree that punching someone IRL over it is incorrect.

What I'm saying is the band we're arguing over is very thin.
>>
>>54443936
They did mention that they didn't want the girl to just end up with PC1 without any real effort because it'd be dehumanizing.
So, there was active competition from PC2, who ended up winning.
Regardless of how you feel about the situation, punching another person over an NPC's love is retarded. They should have slugged the other guy in-game.
>>
File: 049.gif (3MB, 384x372px) Image search: [Google]
049.gif
3MB, 384x372px
>>54435454
>>bright side is, he lost weight
>>
>>54444012
This right here is probably the biggest thing that pisses me off about other people. Every once in a while, you run in to some great folks, friendly, entertaining, good players, but they do not feel any obligation to make sessions or schedule anything beyond ad hoc "everyone's here, let's do this!"

I mean, don't they realize there's 3-7 other people who now have their nights ruined because of it? How much wasted time went into planning and designing a game or character, only to have it put on hiatus on a whim? What's worse is when someone in the group is enabling that behavior and refuses to play without a full group or leave them behind. Or the player who missed a game throws a fit because we went on without them.
>>
>>54444070
>without any real effort
She never said that.
>Basically, the first PC had a childhood companion, and he made overtures to her. But the second PC was secretly dating her, and she ultimately chose the second PC. Mostly because, well, he was a noble, more confident and more classy.
>
It was just a subplot. I had NO IDEA the guy would take it so personally. I mean, it was a fair competition and the better man won. Like, she wasn't obliged to pick the guy she grew up with! It would have been dishonest.
PC2 is the one that got her without any real effort. The femDM never once claimed PC2 did anything for the NPC, all she said was that he had money and was a noble.
>>
>>54444113
>I mean, don't they realize there's 3-7 other people who now have their nights ruined because of it? How much wasted time went into planning and designing a game or character, only to have it put on hiatus on a whim?

This is exactly what pissed me off so much.

Fuck, I would have loved to have gone drinking with my coworkers too. But when they asked, my answer was, "No, I already have plans."

This is a hobby, but when you're asking a group of people to set aside their time, it also should become a commitment.
>>
>>54444145
Who cares?
The DM told a story about how a player got angry and punched another player for stealing his waifu. Regardless of how "fair" you believe it is, the reaction was uncalled for. You're sperging out like some sort of /r9k/pol/ spillover, fixating on the DM's gender and fantasy-cucking instead of the actual point.
>>
>>54444205
It was autistic of the other guy to punch the other person. But I can understand him being rightfully pissed, considering two people went behind his back to fuck him over because he was having bad wrong fun.
>>
>>54438941
You're so pure.
>>
>>54439229
>DM thinks that ordering the party to "drop their weapons" ISN'T going to initiate combat.
Fuck that, you did the right thing. Where did those woodsmen get off ordering you around like that? The DM used fightin' words but wasn't ready for fightin', I guess.
>>
>>54435454
I accidentally tortured and killed a family of six that the party was trying their damnedest to save.
>>
>>54443725

Which system was this? Also if you can find the stats for Syndragosa that'd be awesome

>>54443847
>>54443847

You make a great bbeg
>>
File: 1497661499014.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1497661499014.png
145KB, 702x397px
>>54444429
>accidentally tortured and killed
Explain, it's very difficult to "accidentally" torture and kill people.
>>
>>54444205
Not to keep contibuting to this shitty conversation, but really, one horrible move doesn't exonerate a bad one. It's like a kid shooting up a school after he's be picked on and alienated for the last year or so. It only takes a spark to ignite a powder keg, but no one blames the explosive for going off, but rather the person who struck the match.
>>
>>54444480
I never knew anyone could be this autistic
>>
>>54438734
I wish to pat Plain Doll on the head.
>>
File: honka honka.jpg (64KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
honka honka.jpg
64KB, 800x999px
>roll for a deception check
>say my roll is higher than what it is, even though i would've succeeded either way
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>54444556
All I'm saying is the DM probably had a better grasp on reality than the slob of a player and should've been able to at least somewhat read the situation. Further trauma to a vulnerable person is likely to have disastrous results.

Surely, everyone here has seen someone at their breaking point when they were young and decided to goad them on further? And the reaction they got was far out of what was expected, such as the person exploding and start swinging or breaking down sobbing like a gibbering wreck from what's normally minor insults?

Then again, maybe there aren't that many people with a lot of experience in human interaction outside of a specific context and don't understand behavior because they haven't been on the giving end of it. I'd imagine it'd have been something most of us learned when we were young.
>>
>>54444660
Think of it like this. She thought that there was no issues with two people competing over another's love and affection. She likened it to a friendly game between two guys, while saying that game-ifying it was disturbing and that the guy with money should win because he's "better". She's probably equally as autistic as anyone on this board.
>>
>>54444660
I guess that's fair. I got the impression that the DM didn't know the player was at his breaking point so either she really is that oblivious or it just escalated in moments.
>>
>>54444712

If you were a woman and you had to pick between two suitors, who would you pick? Assume that both guys are about equal, personality-wise, but one guy is rich and classy while the other isn't.
>>
>>54444836
You're boiling it down to an extremely basic level and ignoring the years and years of bonding I have with the not rich guy. Either way, as a hopeless romantic I'd say "whatever one I actually love"
>>
>>54444712
I suppose making a cock up like that is possible, since there's a divide in thought patterns among people of different social status and gender that can make one thing acceptable to someone and abhorrent to another.

In a way, it sort of reminds me of a time when an NPC was butchering cats with the DM describing it in fairly explicit detail, he treated them like any other animal like most people, but I had to really hide my disgust at the concept. Thankfully, I powered through it and didn't really make mention, and it never happened again.

>>54444836
This is probably one of the places the disconnect would come in. Men and women don't pick mates based on the same criteria, so trying to apply the same line of thought to the other gender just doesn't work.
>>
File: Medic laugh.png (248KB, 316x331px) Image search: [Google]
Medic laugh.png
248KB, 316x331px
>>54443725
>They literally murder a party member, then go back to fighting.
>I cast Gate, and steal the body
You fucker.
>>
>>54444886
If the majority of women base their choices in partners based on immediately perceived value. Instead of any actual emotional bonding that she's had with the other guy for a good 18 years of her life then shit nigga, maybe /pol/ was right and women are heartless, soulless parasites.
>>
>>54443968
>low level vancian wizard can cast a handful of debuffs and the needs to take a nap
>let's make him level up even slower
the class is already, bide my time very long until I get all the cool stuff what you're proposing is literally the opposite of what to do
>>
>>54444925
When you said emotional bonding, I actually cringed from pure secondhand embarrassment.
>>
File: lS7zUrx.jpg (22KB, 480x389px) Image search: [Google]
lS7zUrx.jpg
22KB, 480x389px
>>54444979
Right. I forgot the concept of people having emotional attachments to each other is difficult for an autist to understand.
>>
>>54444145

Read it again. Both of them were dating the girl and trying to impress her. PC2 managed to impress her more, so she went "Hey, I'm picking this guy. You lose."
>>
>>54444925
There's actually a phenomena where people are instinctively less likely to be interested sexually in people they grew up with, to prevent inbreeding.

Also I can think of people (women) I've bonded with who I have no interest in, and I've been on the other end of that too. There exists worlds where the emotional bond between the NPC and his character would lead to something, but the DM decided this wasn't that world.

The issue with this whole situation isn't that this is how it shook out, the issue is that the DM made that choice for the player.
>>
>>54444979
This reaction right here is why I simply view marriage as a pure financial transaction now, which seems to be how it was handled in the past anyway. I blame idealized stories in books and movies for why some hold views contrary to that, people see characters falling in love and living happily ever after as the norm and don't understand that it's actually the exception.
>>
>>54444998
The only thing I'm getting from it, is the GM decided she didn't like the guy's initial concept of him dating his childhood friend because "it'd be gross if it worked that way!" then decided PC2 was a better fit because he was at least from what we can gather from the given information, his initial superficial value.
>>
>>54445031

I sort of get what the GM was trying to say, in that she didn't feel PC1 should automatically win the girl. Instead, the two of them were competing for her. PC2 had a massive advantage in that PC1 didn't even know he was in a fucking competition, though.
>>
>>54442579
Honestly if you rolled like shit, I can understand this.

The DM should keep people on a relatively level playing field anyways.
But god forbid someone like I see that your stats are peculiarly better than everyone else's randomly...
>>
>>54445011
Well I know that's a thing, but I'm under the impression it only affects someone in their initial three or four years of their life. Either way, you're right, the biggest issue is the DM took control of the situation and decided that she didn't like the guy's backstories and plans in the middle of the game and forced him on her path.
>>
>>54445080

The DM is the one controlling the NPCs, and the DM was also a woman. What 'path' are you talking about? The one where he gets his wi-fu just because?
>>
>>54435570
Do people really do that? Do people really lie on the internet?
>>
>>54445136
More or less yes, it's the same case as wanting to have a happy loving family back home for your character waiting back home, only to have the GM decide that either A) cheating behind your back and forcing unnecessary drama you don't want or B) Killing them all off in a big attack by the BBEG for shock value. If the guy wants a little fulfillment with his childhood waifu, let him have it, if you want to play with it, ask him first and work it out.
>>
>>54445136
The DM controls NPCs like your parents too but if you write your dad was an evil warlord and the DM made him reform and become a farmer without telling you, that undercuts the plot arc you probably intended. That's annoying.
>>
>>54439115
>>54438941
>>54438734
Who is this girl? I need her
>>
>>54445247
Plain Doll from Bloodborne.
>>
>>54442922
Bro. Wtf.
>>
>>54438941
You did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1498799285344.png (1MB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
1498799285344.png
1MB, 1200x859px
>>54439395
>>
>>54444113
We just have a 3 strikes rule for that.
>>
>>54442922

D&D fags everyone.
>>
>>54442922
That's not evil. That's just childish.
>>
Well my dm let me abuse 3.5 in a planes hopping campaign.

I made a beholder mage/ur priest/thrallherd, and enslaved several planes, building a hideous empire of blood and death, with basically no rule of law except that you had to serve me and my cohorts or suddenly become very dead. Fun thing about thrallherds: you can sacrifice all your followers every day and more will just appear for you the following morning, RAW. Do this for long enough with an overpowered enough character and you can cause whole nations to willingly sacrifice themselves to you. They all have gear and some cash as befits their lowly levels too.

You haven't lived until you've casted ten quickened spells simultaneously.
>>
One player in my group has some kind of autism or something and is prone to having the occasional melt down, usually when things dont go the way she was expecting them to go.

Initially these were just awkward outbursts but then another player got fed up with it and now we get these hilarious screaming matches everytime the autist loses it. While I dont do it often, there have been a few occasions where I have deliberately riled up the autist to liven up a dull session. Nobodies realised that I've done it deliberately so far, I think that's because she's freaked out over so many trivial things over the years people just expect it to happen.
>>
>>54444471
It was a superhero game. We were assigned the role of security at a local social event. We were informed that a group of villains were planning to crash the party. Eventually a group of odd-looking individuals showed up, so I made a knowledge check to identify them. GM told me they were villains. I approach them, planning to investigate, but one of my teammates already open-fired, so I tackled one of them to protect them from my teammate. Turns out my teammate didn't fire a shot, I only misheard, so now the villains demand an explanation for why I tackled them. I try to explain, but I dumped social skills, which means we initiate combat. Each of these villains are named after a phobia and had powers relating to their phobia, so I kinda abused that. Trypophobia shot me in the eye with a needle, so I tore the needle out and stabbed him in the eye with it. Zoophobia sicced a pack of hounds on me, so I pried one of the fucker's jaws off my leg and clobbered him with the dog. Arachnophobia was tossing spiders, so I caught one and stuffed it down his throat. Glossophobia had the power to silence people, so I recited Professor Scott Steiner's Typography (not sure why I did that), then when she shut me up I pulled out my handy-dandy cassette player and played a tape on motivational speaking. When the fight was over, some villains permanently crippled because of me, the host informs us that the guys we just beat unconscious were reformed villains and the guests of honor of today's event. Fuck.

Continue?
>>
>>54435454
Played in a high school-themed game, where we were fighting a jock of the school's Clockball team.(Homebrew in-game sport. It's like football on steroids and half the rules contradict each other, also it involves swinging ropes,a shark tank, and flaming hoops. Adding other arbitrary bullshit it involves has turned into a bit of an in-joke.)

We needed to beat him up and steal a piece of his homonculus to finish building someone else's so he doesn't fail the class. In the scuffle, we ended up injuring his leg. After was all said and done, we check to see if he's ok.

He tells us he should be fine in a few months. My character, being a literal unfeeling autistic robot, uses his highly-turned intellect to find a good spot and stabs him in the tendon to make it take longer to heal. Our group healer fixed it, but I regret nothing.

We were some advanced delinquents. We were sent to the school for various things I stabbed a man for insulting my intelligence, one guy got sent there for horse arson, and someone else robbed places, I can't remember.
>>
>>54435454
>get the other players and the gm to send me money for the pizza
>keep the change
>jack about 3-7 dollar each week
>>
File: ancap.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap.png
66KB, 547x402px
>>54443444
Literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>54446742
>horse arson
Setting horses on fire?
>>
>>54446826
Yep. I forget what happened, but he was trying to say "he set some horse stables on fire" but he accidentally slipped up and left out "stables" so he just said "I set some horses on fire."

Another in-joke we had. His locker also ended up somehow getting linked to a plane of hell reserved for horses, where the ground was just broken glass and caltrops. It ended up being a good hiding spot a few times throughout the game when we snuck into the school after-hours.

He eventually accepted the slip-up and his PC gained the title of Serial Horse Arsonist.
>>
>>54446543
Now i'm fucking confused, so the DM made you roll a knowledge check and you succeed, so you know they're villains? But didn't tell you they were reformed and the guests of honor? Then you hear a gunshot so you tackle them, but that didn't actually happen and no one at the table said "oh sorry you misheard anon, no shooting going on" alternatively the "villains" didn't perceive this? Then finally when trying to talk your way out of a not very hostile act he crit fails you and initiates combat? Either you're bad at telling stories or your GM was a fucking retard.
>>
>>54443444
He deserved it.
>>
>>54439395

W-w-wowie! You sound pretty TWISTED anon!
>>
>>54447148
I'll admit it's both. The GM didn't state whether or not I succeeded the knowledge check, so it could be I failed and received only partial information. As for the gunshots, I didn't learn there were no gunshots until a few sessions later when my teammates were finally questioning my motives. When trying to talk my way out I rolled poorly, and and I didn't want to give away my teammates, so I came up with a bullshit excuse, "Pardon me, I'm may not look it, but I'm a performing artist from nearby. I was practicing my routine and must've tumbled over you by accident. Could you forgive me for my recklessness?"
>>
>antiquestfags still shitposting like this
Jeez, it's sad you people refuse to ever stop shitposting.
>>
>>54440992
>>54441368
>>54442230
>>54442891
>>54442917
>antiquestfags deny being responsible for this while filling the thread
>>
>>54438941
Not all Heroes wear capes.
>>
Used to play vampire the masquerade with a regular group who did sporadic campaign that never last very long

Group is getting too gritty and serious for my taste so at the start of yet another new campaign I make myself character that is basically a combination of every conspiracy theory I can find.Turns out to be a jewish vampire from a clan that can shapeshift to give themselves snake features. I call him Jacob Goyer and play him full reptilian illuminati.

My main goal with that character was to trick people, including the rest of the party, into doing some horrible things like murdering kids and then selling their meat to be eaten or hire thugs to stir up turf wars between racial minorities in order to buy up lands and buildings for cheap while also collecting donations made to a phony charity to fight discrimination I had previously set up.

Turns out my party's reaction was to promptly nominate me as leader.
>>
>>54435454
Didn't do anything evil bruv
>>
>>54443870
>gf didn't convert til we moved from just hooking up and me fucking her brains out to dating
I'm no Olympic sportfucker, but by God, I'll stand by hot dickings as a viable outreach method
>>
>>54442922
Holy shit
>>
>>54444012
>>54444113
It's really the DM's fault for not running the game without them.
>>
>>54443444
DM's first mistake, not giving his dmpc some sort of shield or expeditious retreat.

Nice non-consecutive trips.
>>
>>54437400
Well no shit dude, no one likes getting used as a cheap pawn in someone else's plans like that. Their your party members, not minions for you to clone or dispose of at will.
>>
>>54439210
Why? It's a game of make believe with adults. There's nothing on the line besides an evening of leisure
>>
>>54435454
Our Rogue shot a bartender in the face because he wouldn't sell the bar for peanuts. Said bar was a popular joint in a popular tourist city, and the bartender was practically swimming in gold, even had enough to pay a famous rockstar(my Bard) to play there.

I openly was disgusted with his acts and ran out with the rest of the crowd...only to sneak back in later to help cover up the crime. Somehow we ended up setting the bar on fire and deciding we were going off to murder the mayor for reasons.

Our party summoner happened to be speaking with the mayor at the time(the player had to miss the session, so that was his character's reason for not being there) and we never told him what happened. So at the start of the next session they're cordially discussing things/flirting with the mayor when a drunk rogue, drunk inquisitor, and a rock star kick the door down and attack. Well, they attacked, my Bard sat back and did nothing for a bit.

The rogue and inquisitor fought the mayor, and the summoner was helping him, so I sat back until it looked like there was a clear winner, then hopped in as a "haha, I was on your side the whole time" thing.

Unfortunately for us, the mayor happened to be Fantasy Teddy Roosevelt and had levels in Barbarian. After the Inquisitor got piledriven into the floor, the Rogue attempted to run only for Teddy to throw a fucking coffee table at him. The Rogue almost died from it. So I opened a pit trap under him so he could get arrested easier.

Then we left and the bar was burnt down,. and the few patrons left inside were dead. I stole their skeletons for necromantic usage later.
>>
>>54439789
>Easy there, no need for those.

Would had served the same purpose without sounding like they want to disarm you.
>>
>>54435454
How is this even evil? Sounds like your DM was the evil piece of shit in this scenario.
>>
File: double fag.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
double fag.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>54445399
>>54445769
>>54445782
>>54448688
The best part is every time the DM has talked about wanting to try a new system with the group i've been able to talk him out of it.
>>
>>54445193
What? no, people wouldn't lie on the internet anon, that's just not nice. Who would even do something like that?
>>
File: 1371538782960.png (12KB, 558x400px) Image search: [Google]
1371538782960.png
12KB, 558x400px
>>54435591
better safe than sorry
>>
File: Belavier.png (294KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
Belavier.png
294KB, 350x550px
>>54435454
Gonna be a bit of a storytime, but fuck it

>get invited to a gaming group outside the only circle of friends I've ever had
>nervous as fuck
>show up, only got 30 min to prepare
>they need a skillmonkey and a healer, game is 5e D&D
>Being forever DM of my old group, I know to go for Bard
>Crushed for time, I just go full minmax Lore Bard Half Elf
>Name him Job cus I can't think up a name
>leave alignment blank cuz in a hurry
>feel borderline useless in combat, but I enjoy the group
>flair up his personality to compensate, make him really focused on grooming, flattery

There was a bunch of people in the early sessions, as it was being run at an LGS.

>after a couple sessions group goes into underground, hunting this cult that is causing a plague
>bunch of shenanigans happen, DM has to pull fuck everything mode to save his campaign plot
>cue like a dozen+ Shadows
>Party has to split up, one doesn't make it out alive
>least we saved his body from becoming a shadow
>due to shenanigans snag a dagger on the way out that consumes the souls of the people it kills >no revival

Continued
>>
File: la_gerboise.gif (70KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
la_gerboise.gif
70KB, 256x400px
>>54451322
>Not long after I scope out an alchemist with connections to the cult
>Turns out Bards are really fucking good at buttering people up for info
>Make him think I am his best friend
>He is worried the cult might be after him
>Find out he made the plague
>He also made the invisible dust the cult has been using by grinding up fairies
>Fascinated with how he did it, get him to explain the whole thing to me and take me to his hidden lab/workshop

This was all RP'd out in front of everyone, word for word. I got nervous about taking the spotlight for so long, but the rest of the group told me to keep going so...

>Go to the workshop
>fairy in a cage locked up
>Explains to me all the things in front of her
>Convince him I can help him escape
>I need him to hold still while I cast a nondetection spell on him I tell him
>Convince him to let me cast Hold Person on him
>He thinks I'm the only person who ever truly appreciated his genius, and that I love him and his work
>I thank him for the info and his help
>Tell him I am truely grateful to him, and that is why I am doing this as I pretend to start casting the ritual for the "nondetection" spell
>Now that he is paralyzed I lean over him, drawing my dagger that I named after the character who died

>"But you didn't actually think anyone would ever actually love you, did you?"

>There was only a brief moment of horror before I sink the blade into him

>Write NE on my character sheet right after

Afterword...
>>
File: 1345157654332.jpg (27KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1345157654332.jpg
27KB, 600x449px
>>54451347
After that my character got really popular at the table, the DM couldn't remember my actual name at first, so he just called me Job instead.
I played him from level 2 to 10 Then "retired" him to manage his blossoming Minority Report/MIB style organization taking hold across the land, as he is now going to be a major antagonist for the late game

I did a lot of fucked up things as him, and got away with all (Expertise, enchantment and Illusion spells go a looong way) and was the face of the party. But I think the alchemist was the moment that really defined Job as a character, as well as won my acceptance into the group. He'll always have a special place in my heart.
>>
>>54435454
>be the cleric(NG, Dark Father, believes in the betterment of mankind)
>try to be the good guy that tries to keep the party together
>Other cleric(LN, Hextor, believes in tyranny) in the party(it was a big party so it wasn't a big deal) becomes mob boss
>Helps me get some work to make some cash and fund my new church
>screws me over, frames me for murder
>I have to get broken out of Jail by the rest of the party
>They force me to make up with the other cleric
>fucking fine
>a couple in game years and around level 10, everything seems perfectly fine
>Act like the nice guy I am to everyone
>Do some of my own personal work on behalf of the solar temple of Pelor, In good relations with my growing faith due to working for them a few times while I built up
>Finish my quest and find out there's a huge army of undead that'll destroy the town in everyone in it
>DM expects me to prepare the town and warn the party
>I just calmly walk home, grab the shit I can't actually lose, have my acolytes prepare my wagon, and leave
>Most of the party dies in the ensuing chaos that follows
>I get stares from the group
>Half of them are laughing their ass off, the other half are either pissed or in shock
>Ranger survives
>other cleric barely survives, loses everything he built
>ranger's player:Did you just hold a grudge
>DM is cool with it because I had actual reason to hold a grudge, I skipped a lot of what happened and the shit that came with it
>I do however lose my NG status and am sent down to N, Have to choose new godly aspect to worship
>choose Vengeance
>seems appropriate
>>
>>54438941
It was an honest mistake, you should respect other people and their diets but at least he wasn't allergic or anything.
>>
>>54440878
>busting a drow's kneecaps
who cares? it's a drow
>>
>>54443954
not the same anon but thank you, this sounds interesting as fuck
>>
>>54435591
>Playing nWoD

Found what went wrong...
>>
>>54435615

Jealousy-induced monster targeting probably contributed to her clicking with you.
>>
Not mine, but I know about this case where a bunch of people were playing deathwatch.
They had this one guy in their group, who unlike the others, was completely dependable, always a model SM and saved everyone else several times over.
On one of their last games, they are running from a Tyranid swarm, when one of the other characters is wounded by a trap. Carrying him back would have slowed the down too much, so the good guy marine gives him a melta bomb with a timer, and tells him to "Die well"
Through his sacrifice, everyone else escapes and they are victorious. Good guy marine insists on seeing how long thee wounded marine survives (Indeed he does die well, throat punching a lictor)
Turns out, good guy marine was an Alpha legionnaire, and had the sole task to kill that guy.
He spent the entire time scoping out everything about the guy and then used that to kill him in a way that no one would ever begin to suspect him.
He truly was Alpharius.
>>
>>54452630
That works for me on a lot of levels
>>
>>54444869
different anon but that's fair. Better question then, who would you choose, the classy noble who's been courting you, getting to know you, and showing actual intentions of being in a relationship with you, basically winning you over after a year of dating, or do you choose your friend that flirts sometimes and never really shows any serious intentions. Later, after a year of dating the classy rich noble that you've come to really like, your friend comes up and confesses to you. Who do you choose? I feel for the player when you consider his real life situation but that's not an excuse to punch someone.
>>
>>54453323
>>54453323
Well I answered it in that exact post, I get with the one I actually love. But in reality, the GM's description of the events actually made it sound like the childhood friend was the one courting her and obviously already got to know her, then when the noble guy shows up he practically automatically wins because she's against the PC original idea and he's the "better" part based on superficial values.
>>
>>54453447
True, but love is something you develop. From the way it sounded, it seems like the nobleman was the one who put actual effort into courting the childhood friend and devlelop a romance with her. Love sure, but if you weren't in love with either to begin with then of course you'd choose the one you've developed a relationship with, assuming you love him obviously which seemed to be the case for the girl.
>>
>>54453634
I see we're having a disagreement on the reading comprehension then. Because at no point did I see the GM explicitly say that the noble guy really say he did anything, outside of when he literally already won for that whole year they were dating. The GM said that the other PC was actively attempting to court the girl, then noble PC shows up and then there's a gap of information, and then the two end up dating. With what she's said, it's basically
>guy spends his youth with a huge crush on this girl and begins to court her when he gets older
>his noble friend is introduced some point later and essentially swoops her off her feet with little effort and they begin dating for a year
>girl somehow doesn't ever get the message her friend is hitting on her for a whole year and unintentionally (or intentionally) leads him on up until he confesses
>>
>>54453731
ah, if that were the case then I can see where you're coming from. Still, shitty of a situation that may be, it still seems reasonable and believable to be perfectly frank. Sounds to me like she was just never really in love with him to begin with. Apologies if the disconnect was frustrating.
>>
>>54453778
Yeah, honestly she probably wasn't because the GM was very much against the initial idea of them being childhood friends and having crushes on each other. I ended up agreeing later on with another anon that the biggest thing is that the GM was at fault for fucking with his backstory behind his back like that.
>>
>>54453810
I can agree to that. The DM should have at least advised that him on the idea that'd he have to really win her over and earn the relationship, maybe discuss on it and plan side quests/conversations around it, if she was THAT against the whole thing anyway. Discussion between players and DM's about backstory is always important.
>>
>>54453926
Well from that thread I can take away the following:
>the GM was a fucking idiot who introduced a "soap opera plot" that could lead into some fun banter, shwinging rapiers and witticism...
>... then turned it into the worst fucking thing ever, and was SHOCKED by the result that they had to blogaboudid as if they weren't responsible
>at which point half of the thread said "you're a fucking idiot" and the other half said "the guy throwing punches was autistic, but you're a fucking idiot".
>>
>>54454164
Actually, I gathered it was more of a tragedy plot than a soap opera plot, soap opera would've made it apparent right from the get go for a big dramatic roller coaster. GM was autistic and a retard and the player was also an autist.
>>
>>54454198
>more of a tragedy plot
Yeah that's true, it's like a Stephanie Meyer/Gary Gygax collab concocted the fucking story.
>"so the player is a lonely white dude with no GF and his backstory includes a qtp2t girl"
>"YEAH SO SHE SHOULDN'T BE ATTRACTED TO THE CHARACTER AT ALL"
>"Wouldn't rejection by an imaginary person just sadden him a bunch"
>"HELL YES."
>>
File: 138.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
This happened way back when, back in the dark times when I was "That guy."

>Sent on a quest to go retrieve the ancient holy idol of yadayadayadawhogivesafuck
>Fight through waves of skeletons and all sorts of unholy bullshit
>Finally find the idol
>It's shaped like a huge bowl, made out of solid gold, etc.
>Suddenly have the bright idea that my character should piss on the holy idol that we all nearly died to reach
>Tittyus the Foul pulls down his trousers and pisses in the holy artifact
>DM gets pissed I'm not taking this seriously
>Sends down a motherfucking angel to whoop our asses for heresy, disloyalty, and just general degeneracy
>"Wait, did I say "your" asses. I meant "your" ass."
>My level 3 rogue gets obliterated by holy magic. Literally dies with his pants down while trying to waddle away from the being of pure divine wrath
>Rest of the party cleans the idol and returns it to the temple

Rest in piece Tittyus, you magnificent cocksucker
>>
>>54454263
Not even just rejection, literally being denied, essentially being passively aggressively told he's an inferior man by his crush and watching another man run off with her.
>>
>>54443847
>>54443725
This is the most autistic thing I've ever read. And I know it happened, because a lot of GM's do this retarded thing where they let someone else play the BBEG.

Good on you for showing him how bad of an idea this is. Shame on him, though.
>>
>>54442579
I've both done this and called people out on doing this. I am a massive hypocrite
>>
>>54446765
This is pretty much what everyone expects when they pool money for gas, food, etc. Everyone knows you're pocketing a few bucks, it's cool.
>>
> playing shadowrun 2nd ed, my character was a packrat shaman, basically a rat shaman with cleptomania. anything that looked useful or nifty went into my pockets. Nothing ever really important to the plot or anyone else, would only take from others in the group if they were throwing it away.
> group starts to be attacked by zombies. just one or 2 at first. then more.
> this goes on for a week
> "mage boy, track the spell"
> go astral, find source of spell, which is moving towards the major cemeteries and battlefields.
> FML all around.
> report this.
> "mage boy, dispell the spell"
> go astral again, examine the spell, spell is force 50.
> WTF all around
> decide as a group fighting our way through to the source is easier because they don't want another dead mage in the group
> fight our way through zombies. none really dangerous, just a hell of a lot of them
> get to hideout, no zombies in hideout
> find troublemaker, a long time reoccurring enemy mage. any time we run into them they end up being crippled and their magic rating goes down by 1. Everything is cyber now except her head.
> zombie control spell is tattooed on her face, all her flashy cyber is gone, now she just has low end crap. All her money is gone, sunk into the spell.
> party tries to talk sense to her
> thug boy punches her in the chest so hard her head pops off
> "she's dead, Jim"
> everyone walks away, no loot to be had...
> "this is a nice spell..."
> be me, take out my knife...
> cut her face off, intending to tan it.
> GM has to leave the table.
no longer allowed to play rat shamans
>>
>>54437400
not like you were doing things to the bodies before they woke up in them.

or were you?
>>
>>54435454
fat fuck should've stopped being a fat fuck
>>
>>54441494
I did the first time I saw it
>>
>>54446894
one of the guys in my group would regularly set his horses on fire and send them through enemy camps as a distraction.
he was always surprised when the horses didn't come back
>>
I once buffed a creature mid-combat because I realised I'd tuned it too low. Then it ate a PC.

In my defense it was the dungeon boss and I gave it a self-heal to compensate for the paladin's smite. I expected the paladin to keep engaging it, not fall back and let it eat the ranger.

>>54442958
Yeah I feel you there, anon. I've been handicapped hard in my AOE2 group because I've been playing the game since it came out and I'm too competitive to let other people have fun.

>>54439017
Normally I'd agree with you but dietary restrictions are a thing. Plus I wouldn't want someone feeding me bull testicles or something without my knowledge even if it wouldn't 'hurt' me.

>>54443444
>Space Marine ordered to fight intruder decides to attack the intruder.
Anon this is about EVIL actions, not completely justified in-character behaviour.

>>54443673
I don't play WoD, but I would. Just because the sentient monster that looks human and acts human isn't ~really~ a human doesn't absolve you of the soul-crushing guilt of killing another sentient being.

>>54444030
I love the idea of social leverage as a combat mechanic. In my age of discovery horror campaign I was writing mechanics for a full entourage of NPCs and unit-based combat. Instead of levelling up, players became better at recruiting meat shields. Even the pure fighter got social skills related to their pit-fighting reputation.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.