[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Hitler Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: SH.jpg (92KB, 899x600px) Image search: [Google]
SH.jpg
92KB, 899x600px
So thoughts on this fuckin' great game?
>>
>>54434726
Best board game out right now. No further comment needed.
>>
In my opinion, the absolute best social deduction game on the market. I adored The Resistance and Avalon for years, but Secret Hitler has basically made them obsolete.

I think it's how information is conveyed and partitioned which is the key bit. Instead of everyone knowing who was on a mission, and the result of the mission, giving everyone a lot of vague information, Secret Hitler gives exactly two people very specific information, which makes lying and accusations always start as an intense, one one one my word against yours argument. Meanwhile other people can try to count cards and follow the voting record to figure out probable results and guess who was lying, and in general it stimulates those wonderful social dynamics better. And winning the game by electing/killing Hitler is always funny.
>>
definitely not a shill thread
>>
>>54434751
I can't remember having more fun with my friends than with this game, shit is waaayy too intense.
>>
>>54434776

>Liking things is forbidden
>>
>>54434726
Poorly balanced. But still fun.
>>
>>54434776
Definitely a cunt poster
>>
>>54434810

What balance problems have you run into? It's generally seemed pretty even for us.
>>
Of all the social deduction games I've played, Secret Hitler is by far my favorite.

Of all the social deduction games I've played, Secret Hitler is the only one.

Seriously though, I like it a lot and we have a lot of fun every time we play it. Being able to yell at your friends and calling them nazis while being one yourself is just fun. We always talk like Hitler and make terrible, terrible nazi and jew jokes. Nothing beats the double bluff when you are a fascist and the Hitler player says something and you respond with JAWOL MEIN FUHRER! Since I do this all the time and always act shady people can never tell if I'm just being stupid or bluffing in the most obvious way.
>>
>>54434836
Once you've figured out the optimum strategy, and it doesn't take long, team hitler can win 3/4 of the time.

It mostly has to do with the number of fascist cards meaning that double fascist agendas showing up happens too regularly, and shafting/poisoning the well for the good guys.

It's not a bad game. As far as social deduction games I definitely prefer Mafia Del Cuba and Werewolf.
>>
Go shill somewhere else. I mean, bravo for making something and market it, but this isn't the way to get attention and spread your game's popularity.
>>
>>54434920

I don't know. My group are very experienced with social deduction games, and it's always pretty even for us. What do you mean by an optimal strategy?

Weirdly, despite liking the idea of Mafia de Cuba, it never really went down well with my group.
>>
>>54434920
Actually, I have had the opposite experience. If every player is legitimately good at the game and not a dumbass the liberals usually win.

I do want to gouge the eyes from any human being who has ever said "You keep talking and that's suspicious" though. Because it keeps fucking happening even though I explain why that's stupid.

The fascists already know who's who. Not talking advances their agenda you morons.
>>
>>54435121
Also, I should add in that the idea of an optimum strategy for fascists is a bit problematic since your opponents outnumber you and that means that consistency is your enemy.

I'm also of the opinion that after knowing how the game works there's a 3rd faction that can enter play at any time called the "German Anarchy Party". The faction is always aligned with one of the other two and knowing whether or not they're on your side is a massive deal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.