[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critical Role Round 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 18

File: -CR2.jpg (115KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
-CR2.jpg
115KB, 970x545px
22 Wisdom edition

Thread for shitting on Critical Role, unless you're one of those weirdos who genuinely likes it, nerd

Episode 105 on Geek and Sundry site
>>
>>54427374

Let me get this straight:

You made a thread to bitch about a, what, a web show about D&D? Just to bitch about this pretty obscure thing that no one's making you watch.

And this whining thread was so successful that you made three of them.

Maybe I should check out this show.
>>
>>54427461
If you do, skip the underdark arc that they open with, and get straight into the meat (or at least what passes for meat) of it, as you can clearly see the growing pains of them just starting on with the streaming thing during the starting arc.

then again I only watched a few episodes past it, before dropping it because I had other things to do, so I don't know much about it past that aside from the fact that Tiberius's player is very much a That Guy and it apparently gets better (slightly) after he leaves, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>54427461
Are you new? A lot of people on /tg/ watch this show, very few watch it because they like everything about it. It's generally agreed most of the cast is shit except for Sam and Travis, and the DM is far too lenient because he cares about narrative over gameplay.
Most other places to discuss this show are hugboxes where you will be banned for pointing out how Marisha objectively ruins every episode
>>
I absolutely went from fan to holy shit avoid it like the plague after I myself learned to play a while back. Hate marisha and actually... used to hate tibs too... but I enjoy him now.

I'm one of those cringey haters I guess. When it was new to me I was so happy to found it.. now it can roll a shit for fuck
>>
>>54427621
What is the worst thing Keyleth has ever done?
>>
>>54427461
Just wanted to let you know that I came in here to make fun of OP but you did a good job so I'm leaving the thread again.
>>
>>54427764
Hi Marisha
>>
speaking of Marisha, can anyone figure out what the hell "Keyleth" was so ANGERY about last episode? Fucking hell
>>
>>54427660
I probably don't hate her as much as the other posters here but that time she broke a child's neck was pretty horrible
>>
>>54427822
The guest was fun, entertaining, and a good actor, she had to find a way to share the stage with him whenever she could and that was the best she could come up with
>>
This show introduced me to D&D but man do I not enjoy it since actually playing myself

Now that I play/GM I really hate watching other people do it. I've also realized how bad tiberius/keyleth were/are, orion was that guy and a metagaming, cheating little shit
>>
>>54427943
>>54427621
Why does this show appeal to people who don't actually play D&D?
>>
File: 1348642785400.jpg (70KB, 448x342px) Image search: [Google]
1348642785400.jpg
70KB, 448x342px
>>54427978
It lets them feel like they're such a "le nerd" and contrarian, but since they don't understand how an RPG works, all the problems fly right over their head and they're left to bask in the personalities and memes. at least,
that's my guess anyways, i don't actually watch it
>>
> http://drivethrurpg.com/product/216849/Critical-Role-TalDorei-Campaign-Setting

Did you know they actually published the setting they use?
>>
>>54428128
NAT 20 xD
>>
>>54428199
Did you know that using a tripcode is strongly discouraged on this particular website?

Did you also know that trying different tripcodes until you get the one you like comes out as extremely desperate attention whoring?
>>
>>54428199
Yeah it got posted last thread but there wasn't much of a discussion. I flipped through it and it was mostly boring. Found it weird how he had to change all the gods names because of copyright, but he was able to use "Graz'zt"
His custom class options sounded broken as fuck
I was disappointed with the Vestiges, definitely seems like the cast got the best ones. I'd been hoping there would be a couple we'd never heard of with wild and unusual abilities, but they seemed pretty weak, even when exhalted
>>
>>54428249
Yes and yes. Also, I don't care... kid...
>>
Seriously though, lets hope Marisha just plays a barbarian next campaign. She simply cannot RP an intelligent or wise character
>>
>>54427660
Killing a kid and trying to kill her friends were pretty bad, but there was that one time she actively refused to help thousands of people against the Chroma Conclave
>>
>>54428688
She'll probably end up playing something with just as many spells because of all the "fan support" she gets. We'll go through the same thing doing the handful of threads that pop up during it or generals at this rate
>>
>>54428688
She'll still try to find a way to make everything about her.
>>
>>54427530
>spoiler
Are you me?
I think I got about 80% of the way through the episodes he was in, I can't stand listening to the group at that stage, but my continuity pseudo-autism prevents me from skipping a bunch to see if it gets better later
>>
>>54428743
>>54428776
Sad but true. She'll probably choose a fucking wizard or something, or go full Tiberious and meta game the shit out of a sorceror
Matt should make them all pick new classes completely, spell casters have to pick non spell casting classes

Being set 30 years in the future of the current world, she'd guaranteed to be playing her own daughter
>>
File: 1495473086012.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495473086012.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>54428882
>edgy, brooding, 22 wisdom rouge/druid out for revenge against the raven queen for taking her father and finding her mother who also went to get revenge against the raven queen and become leader of her tribe (again)
>>
>>54428882

Vax and Keyleth are apparently in an asexual relationship
>>
>>54429111
That sounds terrible enough to happen
>>
>>54429111
Pls no
>>54429163
I can believe it, but source?
>>
>>54427978
It's basically a cooperative story they can watch with professional actors. It's really accessible, and at this point it is less D&D than a story they all contribute to.

I don't watch Critical Role, I've seen a few episodes. In general I find watching other people play pretty boring and this isn't an exception. But I can see the appeal and I definitely know D&D people who watch it and enjoy it too - although I have never met anybody who likes Keyleth.
>>
>>54429111

>whilst wielding dual sabers and having a panther pet
>>
>>54429426
And she's totally shy and awkward except for all those times where she forgets that aspect of her character and is outspoken snd self righteous
>>
>>54429321

It's in one of the talks machina episodes, fuck if I can remember which one
>>
File: 2x6ZB8Z.jpg (247KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2x6ZB8Z.jpg
247KB, 1280x960px
>>54429355
I watched the D&D movis (the horrible schlocky ones) and played some FR vidya before getting into the game but it never occurred to me that watching people pretend to play D&D might actually be the activity some people choose to fill their sorry evening with.
>>
>>54427374

i like the show not a fan of the people or the retards that make up the community you asshat
>>
>>54430292
no u

Contribute, faggot
>>
>>54427660

been created by someone who never should have joined the group to begin with/been born
>>
>>54430317
DM's girlfriend though
>>
>>54427978

mainly the story and the voices and a few of the girls although they suck as people
>>
File: Matt Mercer is ruining D&D.png (160KB, 653x674px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Mercer is ruining D&D.png
160KB, 653x674px
>>
>>54428128

then maybe you should stfu and quit broadcasting your ignorance before you've even watched an episode dipshit
>>
File: Matt Mercer is ruining D&D pt 2.png (89KB, 1032x382px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Mercer is ruining D&D pt 2.png
89KB, 1032x382px
>>
>>54429993
And yet, it's true.
>>
>>54430304

eat dick and choke to death bitch
>>
>>54430335

fiancee actually but ya can't for the life of me see what he sees in her dumb ass but more hot chicks for me so fuck it
>>
>>54430343
fuck off with this gay ass shit already you punk ass bitch
>>
>>54430420
He sounds like a lonely guy who had kinda of a weird life
>>
>>54427461

increase the playspeed and skip the boring/lull parts
>>
>>54427822

she's pissed cuz she'll never get to have what percy and vex have since vax is on borrowed time and goes back to the raven queen after they finish up the final boss
>>
>>54430460
Definitely need to skip. Any time they lower their voices and make a lot of eye contact
>>
>>54430498
So she had to go fire elemental inside a wooden building
>>
>>54430498
Does she forget that she can literally cast plane shift and so death is literally only an inconvenience to their relationship since they can apparently visit heaven on a whim?

Who am I kidding, of course she hasn't considered that.
>>
>>54430459

he spent a lot of time in his room growing up reading and writing and shit not sure i'd say that was weird but whatever

what is weird though is that that fucker could have pretty much any girl he wants and he chooses her? talk about low ass self esteem and a total shit sense of self worth. she used to be decent looking before she became the poster girl for anorexia
>>
>>54430566
she's a raging cunt drughead wtf do you expect
>>
>>54430569
pretty sure it doesn't work like that but don't quote me
>>
>>54430569
to be fair, Mercer's current depiction of the afterlife leads to what could be very strained relationships between the living and the dead.

>Hey Pike, how have you been? Oh, still a pearl resting on Sarenrae's shore? sounds nice.
>>
>>54430635
>drughead
Source?
>>
>>54430542
eh i don't mind the lowered voices/eye contact it's basically any time marisha opens her mouth or they all start talking at once that i skip
>>
>>54428882
If they go the kids route, it would be interesting if they had to play the kid that wasn't their character's child.
>>
>>54430676
Got the impression that those pearls were the vessels of every individual's personal heaven, but I guess you might be right.
>>
>>54429827
I remember that one, and it was more than they don't bang all the time, there a times when you just enjoy each other's company.
>>
>>54430678
she has a 'pot laugh' and matt has said that she smokes it to help keep her manic ass in check on the shitty reddit page.
>>
>>54430725
they've banged a few times but not like percy and vex who get it on whenever they're alone lol
>>
>>54430779
Yeah, fucking Percy and Vex are horndogs, even a bit BDSM.
>>
>>54430748
`Jesus
>>
>>54427374
Critical Role is for cucks, OP.
>>
>>54428128
>doesn't even watch it
>complaining about normies appropriating """gamer culture""""

Yeah ok
>>
>>54429355
>it is less D&D than a story they all contribute to
But anon, isn't that what D&D is?
>>
>>54430882
Nah not exactly. It's more like that through a filter of rules and an insane clusterfuck fantasy setting.
>>
>>54430882
his wording was maybe unclear but I suspect he meant "the APPEAL is less watching people play D&D than it is watching a story they all contribute to"
ie. you could get a bunch of voice actors together to play make believe with no TTRPG system and people would still watch it
>>
>>54429993
>watching people pretend to play D&D
How does one pretend to play a game of pretend?
>>
>>54430863
tell that to travis bitch
>>
>>54430359

fuck this is the maddest nigger I've ever seen /tg/ calm down lol
>>
>>54430725
Psh that's a lie
Vax is obviously saving himself for Gilmore
>>
>>54430951
Have you ever watched The Gamers?
>>
>>54430972
Eh, he might legit be one with how excited he gets when percy and vex get it on.
>>
>>54431176
That's probably because he gets to fuck that when they go home.
Reminder that Lustang role play is probably a thing.
>>
>>54431176
Every time she uses her flirty voice on percy she knows she's going to get plowed in to oblivion by Travis at home
>>
>>54431005
bitch i am calm stfu
>>
>>54431176
like i said say that to his face you fuckin faggot ass cunt
>>
>>54431219
word. i'm smash the shit outta her but that bitch needs to get over herself cuz as hot as she is on the outside she's a fuckin cunt as a person
>>
>>54431379
Idk she seems like a pretty good person, but her character can be really cunty sometimes
>>
>>54431379
Laura? She seems nice enough
>>
>>54431357
We haven't spoken in a while.
>>
I really cannot stand Matt Mercer's DMing style. Making half the NPCs gay, cateirng to nat20 bullshit, and trying to make D&D more accessible to normies and roasties so they will start expecting his voice acting and "improv skill" when in reality it's all scripted. But even if it wasn't, I still cannot stand how he runs games. But then again, I am one of the best Dungeon Masters on this planet. Or, should I say, Game Masters, because I've run a variety of systems and I run them to perfection. I strike the perfect balance of sandbox and railroad, of combat and roleplay, of rule-of-cool and rules-lawyer. I am pretty much the best GM out there, and I am currently running 6 (yeah, six) different campaigns. At the same time. I play 3 times a week and I also bake homemade snacks for players in the games which I host at my home. There is an eight month waiting list to get into one of my games. Furries, bronies, and anyone who's not okay with playing a race from the Player's Handbook (assuming we are playing D&D/PF) are not welcome. I've run campaigns that lasted 10 years. Two of my campaigns have run for over 5 years as players came and went. I would estimate I have over 5,000 hours of GM experience. So I am halfway to mastering the craft. And that's not including the hours of prepwork, which are only about 2,000 hours in all likelihood. So yeah, I've done this more than most people do their jobs. I have literally been offered money, unsolicited, to run a game. I don't sell my services, though; I'm not a cheap whore like those worthless fucks on Roll20 who create autistic campaign settings full of Mary Sues. I don't do that shit. There might be an NPC party member on rare occasions, or an NPC that travels with and fights with the party, but I don't do DMPCs, I don't railroad, I don't force the players to do all the work, I weave multiple plot threads together almost effortlessly with minimal planning.
>>
>>54431608
>I am one of the best Dungeon Masters on this planet
>I am pretty much the best GM out there

> I am halfway to mastering the craft

9/10
>>
>>54431722
If you're going to respond to shitty bait, at least give him shit about how he allegedly spends more time running the game than preparing it.
>>
This is a significant downgrade from yesterdays thread, and that one had an autist try to prove that Taryon's father was a Trump proxy.

If we're gonna talk about Critical Role, let's discuss why the Chroma Conclave Arc ended up like Mass Effect 3, a massively global setting shock with mass casualties in the beginning but petered out to a relatively unchallenging finale.
>>
>>54427542
I actually like Taliesin, too. Percy's got an edgy backstory, sure, but at least it's done well, and the character is fun. Travis and Sam are out and away the best, though, and Marisha should be fired into the Sun.
>>
>>54431962
>and that one had an autist try to prove that Taryon's father was a Trump proxy
Well, he was.

>why the Chroma Conclave Arc ended up like Mass Effect 3
I can tell you why. Because Matt didn't want his players characters to die, so he made an encounter that they had such an easy time with one of them thought they could go straight into another boss battle immediately afterwards.
>>
>>54432044
Taliesin tries too hard to be cool but educated though, ya know?
>life needs things to live
Is a perfect example of this, sure its funny and he can laugh at it and admit it was a dumb thing to say, but half his RP is just shit like that
>>
>>54429993
I listen to it at work. Does wonders to kill the monotony, Travis and Sam are always good for a sincere laugh and at least the cringe from the ladies (except Ashley, she's tolerable) is distracting and occasionally funny.
>>
>>54432166
>Ashley, she's tolerable
Except for her Signal Boost episode, holy shit.
>>
>>54427824
>>54428698
Wait...she did what now?
>>
>>54432138
That's true - he's at his best when he doesn't take himself seriously in-character. All things considered, though, Percy is way better than Vax, IMHO. Vax is edgy for the sake of edge, Percy is edgy as a backstory but fairly decent as a character. I know I've certainly seen worse.
>>
>>54432197
I'm a fair bit behind on the show - I'm almost to the end of the Chroma Conclave arc, and I'm kind of dreading the end of it from what I've heard. Not sure what the signal boost is - what should I prepare myself for?
>>
>>54432314
Her signal boost episode is put in one of the mid-stream breaks of one of the newer episodes. You can skip it, thank god.
>>
>>54431608
it's not scripted at all you dumb fuck
>>
>>54431962
oh is that why raishan pretty much owned all their asses several times over at the end there?
>>
>>54432238
Before the show was streamed they fought the Dread Emperor, a guy with children tied to his armour. She used grasping vine to try and pull one of the kids off the armour... they were attached to the armour by the neck...the kids next snapped

>>54432291
Yeah Vax is full on mid 90s comic book angst, it's so boring
>>
>>54432358
Exactly. You can tell because they can't act well enough to keep the illusion going as long as it has.
>>
>>54432314
Signal Boost is a different show in Geek and Sundry that has a new host every week to share things that interest them.
>>
>>54427660
Don't watch it but apparently she's just retarded and tries to do things that wouldn't make sense or fit with her alignment, backstory, etc. And I think they fought a Kraken and she cast a spell on the entire party making them unable to act for a full minute instead of casting a different spell that did exactly what she wanted (which was Freedom of Movement I think). She's just bad at roleplaying and remembering spells I guess.
>>
>>54432383
fuck outta here lol
>>
>>54432380
*neck
>>
So wait, are they finishing the current campaign soon? Can someone give me a fast and loose breakdown of what's happening in the current arc? If they're starting up a new story with new characters that might be cool since they (hopefully) have learned from the hiccups here.
>>
>>54427374
obvious shill is obvious. I like the show though.
>>
>>54432458

Vecna's come back from the not-dead after failing to become a God a few hundred years back. He's effectively a demi-god at the moment, and the group is currying favor with various deities in order to win their blessings (epic-level powers) in order to defeat and destroy/banish him.
>>
>>54427374
The show is even worse than it was before.

So much fucking melodrama
>>
>>54432469
>OP recommends shitting on Marisha
>not a single wholly positive thing has been said about the show yet
>shilling
el oh el
>>
Any non-core classes you guys would like to see the group try?

Any you would like to see Marisha upset everyone trying to use?
>>
>>54433266
non-core I don't know well enough, but Travis should play a wizard or a rogue, I need to see him be intelligent and take control a bit more, I think things would run so much smoother

Oh, I just remembered the unearthed arcana on Mystics, if Matts allows it, I would bet money on Taliesin picking that, but I don't want him too because psionics are dumb
>>
>>54432676
>I HATE THIS SHOW,
>EPISODE IS LIVE ON GEEK AND SUNDRY.COM.
>MAN MARISHA IS SO ANNOYING. SEE I'M OBJECTIVE.

You're as subtle as a hammer samefriend.
>>
>>54433461
>Travis should play a wizard or a rogue
It is all but confirmed that Travis' next character will be a Bloodhunter (one of Matt's homebrew classes)
>>
>changing into beast shape isnt a bonus action it's a free action, Circle of the Moon bitch!
>it's actually a bonus action
Keyleth is fucking insufferable

>>54433472
>telling people where to find the latest episode is shilling
Kay.
>>
>>54433522
I was half listening to some Youtuber talk about that class. Is it broken?
>>
>>54433545
I haven't read it so I don't know, but I think it's on DM's Guild so you can download it for free
>>
>>54431608
But are you trained in gorilla warfare?
>>
>>54433572
Well as I said I only half listened to the guy, but apparently its basically taken from The Witcher
>>
>>54427374
I like Mercer, I only watched maybe 10 episodes when it started and haven't kept up, but he's part of the reason I decided to try (and love) DMing. I guess he's super lenient and lets his shit players like Keyleth get away with a lot of stuff, but from what I've seen in interviews and passing knowledge of the show he's seems like a cool guy. I'm happy he got his Tal'Dorei setting book out, it seemed like he put in a lot of work for it and it's scary putting something like that out there.

Of course, a million people will tell me he's shit but he's a cool guy in my book. I'd like to see him as a player.
>>
File: but21(pp_w900_h452).jpg (295KB, 900x452px) Image search: [Google]
but21(pp_w900_h452).jpg
295KB, 900x452px
>>54430420
>can't for the life of me see what he sees in her

He used to date this gal when he was still a cosplayer. This should tell you everything you need to know about his Type.
>>
>>54432676
The Meta is evolving anon wake up
>>
Tal'Dorei is an incredible generic and boring campaign setting, but then, I am sure that is true for 90% of all campaign settings.
>>
>>54433715
>he's seems like a cool guy.
He certainly tries to please everyone.

>>54433722
Well shit, that does explain a lot

>>54433754
Which meta? Dive comp meta?

>>54433767
I'm sure most people get into D&D specifically for the generic fantasy campaign setting though
>>
>>54433767
Pretty much, though I do like Eberron and Dark Sun, though I don't know much beyond the small knowledge the DMG and PH have for them. Never read the setting books.
>>
>>54433722
I'm a big dummy so I'm gonna need some follow up here. He's been dating Marisha for years? Or are you saying he dating this girl way back? And what's wrong with people dating cosplayers? I'm sorry I'm just confused.
>>
>>54433767
I can't speak for Matt, but I think the setting is generic on purpose because everything in the game's world is sort of shaped by the player characters and their stories. If the world was crazy and unique, it would take away from them being the stars, I suppose.
>>
>>54431722
No one has mastered GMing. Only a novice would assume to have done so.

>>54431852
So? I need BARELY one hour of prep work to keep me going for a full 2-3 sessions. Are you fucking kidding me? If your prep time is more than your play time then you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong. I suggest you read the book Gamemastering by Brian Jamison. You could stand to learn a thing or two.
>>
>>54433829
He's saying that Marisha basically looks like his ex and that's why Matt wants her
>>
>>54433829
He was dating this girl a long time ago when he was still a cosplayer in Texas. That was over ages ago. There's nothing wrong with dating cosplayers, I was just making a point that he likes freckled ginger elf-y girls. Me too.
>>
>>54433802
I meant like the homebrew settings most groups play in, not the publsihed ones.

Tal'Dorei is super boring, but it wasn't made for publication, but for a private game. Like I said, I am pretty sure that the vast majority of homebrew settings look exactly like that, i.e. pretty generic and unimaginative, but most groups don't care, since they only really deal with one at a time.
>>
File: areyoukiddingme.jpg (67KB, 652x365px) Image search: [Google]
areyoukiddingme.jpg
67KB, 652x365px
>>54433833
>I put fuckall effort into making an interesting setting
>not because I'm not creative and just a pretty face and nice voice
>but because it would distract from OMG the elf girl moon druid just rolled a nat1 on stealth and farted LOL
>>
File: 1472477089656.jpg (90KB, 836x372px) Image search: [Google]
1472477089656.jpg
90KB, 836x372px
>>54433895
Are you denying that Matt does everything in his power to make the party feel like super special cool unique snowflakes, or
>>
>>54433792
>I'm sure most people get into D&D specifically for the generic fantasy campaign setting though

Yeah and I don't actually think there is anything wrong with that, after all, the uniqueness normally comes from how a group plays in any given setting, but I kind of expect more of a published setting so I am kind of unsure how i feel about Tal'Dorei being published.
>>
>>54433842
>So? I need BARELY one hour of prep work to keep me going for a full 2-3 sessions. Are you fucking kidding me? If your prep time is more than your play time then you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong. I suggest you read the book Gamemastering by Brian Jamison. You could stand to learn a thing or two.

A lot of GMs seriously over prepare and are than angry when the players don't go along their preplanned route. I t is apretty common problem.
>>
>>54432378
Ok, maybe Diablo 2/3 are far better examples here. Far more impressive expansion villain than vanilla game villain.
>>
This show really does feel like all those self obsessed theatre studies kids decided to play D&D
>>
>>54433722
other than that nose she aight
>>
>>54430748
>pot laugh

nigga wut
>>
>>54434009
(((nose)))?
>>
>>54433968
>A lot of GMs seriously over prepare and are than angry when the players don't go along their preplanned route.
I can't speak for the pretentious cunt, but I overprepare so that they don't have to follow a preplanned route.
>>
>>54434005
marisha is a theatre kid
>>
>>54434010
loveline bitch
>>
>>54434034
Quelle surprise
>>
>>54434024
the thing in the middle of your face that you use to smell with and/or in the case of the bitch ass community shove up the cast's asses
>>
>>54428688
She said before that she prefers to play rogues or assassain types, confident and to the point but she was nervous about being with a bunch of famouser people than she was so she made Keyleth to represent those anxieties. I dunno what the big deal is half the time, she's no better or worse than most players I've dealt with. And I've had people still ask me what they add to a melee roll. People like Sam's characters cause they don't have a "main story" quality, same with Travis. And they just exemplar a rather simple character concept. Keyleth has this kinda neuotic character, so I'm not sure it comes off well like, 70 percent of the time.
>>
>>54434058
Okay, just checking.
>>
>>54434034
>>54434005
They are ALL theatre kids. Darin De Paul even said that when he was in his 20s, he apprenticed with Matt's parents and grandparent all working in the same theatre company.
>>
i was rewatching the kvarn fight, and besides the fact that orion was avoiding the fight, he also used like 20 sorcery points in the battle, as well as rolling within max damage for every spell he cast
how pathetic do you have to be to cheat on a livestreamed dnd show
>>
>>54433722
i was talkin about personality wise too fyi i knew he was a ginger lover always has been. marisha prolly doms his ass on the regular at home just like laura doms travis lol
>>
>>54434117
Dude was That Guy through and through
>>
>>54432197
Yeah that was pretty horrid
>>
>>54434117
The worst cheat he did was when it was revealed (only to Vax) that Lord Briarwood was a vampire, and Tiberius started running in with his flowing water bottle, despite not being there for the reveal and not ICly knowing vampires' weakness. The fact Matt had to Feeblemind him so he'd quit metagaming is still hilarious to me.
>>
>>54434074
bitch don't know how to stfu especially while matt is trying to move the story along/describe the surroundings and shit. and her outbursts are fuckin retarded and not funny at all. would rather have orion than her unfunny untalented useless wasted ass
>>
>>54434117
He's gone on record as apologizing for his behaviour, he was going on hard drugs to avoid responsibility with his blood disease combined with getting diagnosed with HIV. I feel bad for him, and I'd like him to be better off with his friends, but I think the show would be better off without the drama involved with bringing him back in. Maybe a guest spot.

>>54434122
Who doesn't like pale redheads. I look forward to when Marisha plays something other than Keyleth so I can stop listening to people bitch about Keyleth all the time.

>>54434160
Muh dollars, she's a great actress but sometimes man, don't meet your heroes.

>>54434173
>that bit where Keyleth feebleminded The Diseased Deciever
>>
>>54434183
he talked about how none of them talk to him anymore, he got properly JUSTED
he streams random games now to tens of people
>>
>>54433701
Matt made it for Vin Diesel when he played in a short D&D game on G&S and Matt made that class in honor of Diesel's movie The Witch Hunter that was coming to theaters soon
>>
>>54434173
never thought it about like that holy shit i'm gonna have to rewatch that fight and see if lady d had a reason to feeblemind him or if it really was matt doing it through her lol
>>
>>54434222
well, matt is also a gigantic witcher fan, and there's a subclass that is literally straight from the witcher
>>
>>54434183
doesn't matter what her stupid ass plays it's still gonna be marisha playing so it's still gonna be annoying distracting and insufferable as fuck
>>
>>54434183
Yeah, he made it clear in his explanation video that none of them speak to him anymore. He also, while apologizing, still blamed them for things and made passive-aggressive digs at them. He started the apology with, "Does everyone know what lampshading is? I was lampshaded."

When someone's apology is mixed with still blaming the other party, that's a sign they aren't entirely sorry. He's not going to be back.
>>
>>54434205
Right, and he said when he admitted and talked about his drug and disease fuckups that he really regretted fucking up those relationships and friendships, and hopes that he can at the very least repair them. Nothing wrong about that.

>>54434222
No Blood Hunter evolved from a bunch of stuff. I've had someone play one, its not that overpowered at all, and at least its interesting to play unlike Artificer or Mystic.

>>54434260
He said he was gaslighted, and I think he was referring to the people who were bad influences on him and got him into drugs, not at his CR friends.
>>54434250
We'll see I guess.
>>
>>54434285
Yeah, an actor living in LA doing drugs. Sheesh, however could that happen?
>>
>>54434333
doing some pot is whatever man, but if someone baits you into doing coke or heroin, you're in for a bad fucking time
>>
>>54434285
>>54434260
>>54434183
>>54434173
I saw the video but I never watched it, but that makes me feel bad for the guy. I mean being That Guy and generally being a dick is poor player behavior sure, but sounds like he recognizes his mistakes and is genuinely sorry for them. I mean sure, making digs in an apology video is still wicked rude, but from what I can tell he's not like total human scum.
>>
i'll be very surprised if travis doesn't play some kind of lycan bloodhunter in the next campaign
>>
>>54434354
You are right, I mean, who has ever heard of an actor in LA doing coke.
>>
>>54434074
>And I've had people still ask me what they add to a melee roll
>thinking the only problem with Keyleth is her not knowing the rules
Oh my dear sweet anon, that barely scratches the surface.
It's true she hasn't learned her spell effects after years of playing, she constantly uses spells wrong always trying to get Gust and Grasping Vine to do things they don't do no matter how many times she's told, but more to the point she ALWAYS argues with the DM about it, often arguing her case only for Matt to literally read her spell to her before she backs down. But there's so much more to say of whats wrong with Keyleth.
She has a fucking 22 wisdom score, and her entire arc has been about learning to lead her people (who of course were ripped off almost completely from Avatar the Last Airbender, even down to fucking travelling by glider), but she simply is incapable of playing a wise or even just intelligent character, she constantly makes bad decisions often without consulting her group or ignoring them if she does consult. For example refusing to take a deal with The Clasp and endangering thousands of lives because of it, or instigating the Raishan fight immediately after the Thordak fight because "muh peoples!" almost causing a TPK. Other miscellaneous stupid acts from her more recently would include: getting a year off of adventuring and deciding not to return to her people to lead them (as has been her goal the entire campaign) but get tattoos and open a bakery instead, jumping off a 1000ft cliff getting 2 chances to save herself and casting a cantrip then turning into a goldfish, setting fire to a forest and the house within it then whining that fire spreads.
She tries way too hard to push her "adorkable" awkwardness which is just constant cringe, but she can't even remain consistent because at the drop of a hat she'll decide actually she's loud, outspoken, and self-righteous (especially when it would be inconvenient for her to be like that).
/part 1
>>
>>54434364
he was so enamored by the werewolf in the feywild, i'm sure you're right
i just hope he has more than 10 int
>>
>>54427374
even if you say that it's a 'thread for shitting on' Critical role, the reality is that it's just a celeb gossip thread. Not any different from picrelated
>>
>>54434422
and it's gonna make it to bump limit like every other critical role thread so fuck off
>>
>>54434364
Holy shit i could see it.

>>54434397
Well we could pick through decisions if we really wanted to, also whining about an avatar ripoff isn't really the most powerful argument when we've both had games with people in them ripping off movies or animes. Also I think she could've been more of a leader but making those warning orbs and getting the tribes to work with local cities was at least a nice start. Listen I'm not gonna sit here and defend her, not my cross to bear and certainly not my hill to die on, I just don't think she's all the much worse than the average player who's got a lot going on with their character and finds it hard to land on specific points. I think she could certainly be more wise and calm, but nyeh.
>>
What I find hilarious is that the majority of the cast plays those dark and brooding characters, with hard choices and a dark past, but the fan favorites are the two goofy characters stereotypes, the dumb barbarian and the horny bard.
>>
>>54434397
She also very quickly gets moody if things don't go her way, and has flipped off Matt when he's not looking
She used to go on 20 minute (literally 20 minute) rants about morality and her conflicting emotions, pausing the entire fucking game to resolve a non-issue before allowing the party to continue on with whatever course of action they were going to do anyway. She still has those moments where she wants to come off as wise, will lower her tone and talk bullshit for a couple minutes putting the game on pause.

She's basically a fucking awful player all round.
She loves pushing herself into the spotlight even when it's clearly not meant for her (Matt having Pelor ask twice if anyone other than Keyleth will be his champion, as it was clearly intended for Vex), she pays very little attention to the game and her own abilities (Matt having to remind her it will be her turn next so she'll actually think about what she's going to do instead of wasting time, or Matt having to read her spells to her to prove they don't do what she thinks they do), she is incredibly disrespectful to Matt presumably because she's his fiancee (see any time she has been reminded of the rules, after no doubt arguing rudely that she's right which of course she never is), she is utterly incapable of roleplaying the character she created so it's annoying when she doesn't bother and annoying when she does (because it inevitably slows down the game or leads to stupid melodrama), and she will often make incredibly poor decisions and then complain to Matt about bad things happening when she's stupid.
>>
>>54434469
My words mean shit cause I don't watch the show and don't know the Geek and Sundry community (thankfully), but I like Vex and Vax from the small info I know about them. But I might be biased cause I like Liam O'Brian and Laura Baily
>>
>>54434469
the format lends itself to comedy far more than to drama, I suppose. if the two guys with talent had chosen to play edgy, brooding characters, I wonder if the perception would be different.
>>
>>54434551
liam is insufferable
laura is fine but doesn't really add anything
>>
>>54434469
Sadly a large portion of the audience are Tumblrites who will literally cry over "dramatic" moments in the show.
>>
>>54434534
her best rants are the self insert anti religion ones
why would you have faith in the gods when the cleric of a goddess has literally saved your ass hundreds of times, and every single person associated with a god has been helpful to you in some way
>>
The entire vibe I get from people hating so hard on Marisha & Matt is pure, unfiltered jealousy. Like they want to join a group like that so bad, but can't find it so just shittalk. Or jealous they can't be with a fairly attractive woman instead of a lardass.

Just the vibe I get from this thread.
>>
>>54432378
You mean how he played both fights with kid gloves, and forced Raishan to waste her concentration and legendary saves on pure defense? Coulda easily dropped a big ol' elemental or something, and flown away to 1v1 Vax, with MAYBE vex being able to catch up. Could've played hide and seek with breath weapons. Instead, stood around, not hiding ever despite being invisible, and letting herself die.

Sure, it was harsher than Thordak, but Matt plays all of his boss monsters like pinatas.
>>
>>54434582
The extent of Liam's dramatic acting is grabbing someone's head and saying "i fuckin love you and i'm scared but i need you and you're better than me and help" in some pseudo drunk voice
>>
>>54434601
the hate on matt, yes
but marisha is genuinely really annoying and very clearly detracts from their product
>>
>>54434582
Is he like the full-on broody edgy character type? That seems to be the default response I think. Cause from what I know about him outside Critical Role he seems like an OK guy.
>>
>>54434605
>Matt plays all of his boss monsters like pinatas.
I often see it said that most of his boss fights are essentially sacks of hit points instead of getting buffs to their attacks
>>
>>54434635
They are, have you seen Kvarn's stats? He is literally a beholder, but with 1 more AC, more HP, and an auto-res. His offensive CR isn't changed at all.
>>
>>54434631
>Cause from what I know about him outside Critical Role he seems like an OK guy.
yeah I agree
and there's a bid of edginess for sure, also a lot of really cringey scenery-chewing and trying to appoint himself as a leader when he doesn't need to
>>
>>54434631
except for his trump derangement syndrome, but that's to be expected of actors living in california
>>
>>54434615
This is so fucking true.
>>54434601
lmao
I just wrote the 2 part Keyleth rant and I'm a girl tee hee
I'd love to play a game with Matt, Sam, Travis and probably Laura. But Liam, Taliesin and Marisha are the reasons I skip most dialogue in the show. "Jealousy" is just something parents say to their bullied kid so they don't have to self-reflect on why they're disliked.
>>
>>54434534
So in any normal game she's basically the GM's girlfriend trope? Ironically this lends credence to the fact that the show isn't scripted and shows a real session at the table as they wouldn't script in such a blatant stereotype.
>>
>>54434631
>>54434657
Liam seems like a guy who likes to fuck around and have fun, but for whatever reason he's super broody and edgy with anything involving D&D. Both of his one shots are edge extreme, one ending in a scripted rocks fall team kill, the other with cthulu dreams and nightmares.
>>
>>54434605
>major complaint of 5e is that in general it is difficult especially for high level characters to encounter death, or really be destroyed that easily
>somehow this is matt's fault when he trys to tune something to a T as best as possible and it's one monster versus like, 7 playable characters and another pc of lower level

Christ its already hard enough to make monsters threatening and I have a group of a four.
>>
>>54434737
Seems like you can't DM for shit, if that was your intent. It's not hard to scale encounters, adding HP is both lazy and boring.
>>
>>54434722
I can't say whether it's scripted or not (I've heard it definitely is), and I'm willing to believe it because the reality would be 4 hours of people arguing about rules, and the amount of narrative and plot stuff that's in the show would in no way make it to the foreground of an actual campaign.
>>
>>54434737
Hit them with 2 monsters at once. Or give a big bad some really fucking annoying minions like demons or something
>>
Seriously, most of the problems would be fine if this was a normal, private D&D game. But it is not, it is also a public show.
>>
>>54434752
>>54434737
I like to spice it up and throw in shit that would never happen in reality. Berserk mode if they're alive below a certain percent HP, extra movements or actions, sometimes just whatever I can throw at my party on the fly. Fuck you boys, you're in my world, and here I am God.

Amazingly, this is my first time DMing and apparently I'm doing a great job. And about 30% of my enjoyment comes when our veteran player looks at me like I'm a fucking madman because I had level 5 PCs encounter a Roc.
>>
>>54434755
>because the reality would be 4 hours of people arguing about rules,

You must have a terrible group
>>
>>54434735
Dude needs to seriously easy off on the Shakespeare in the Park stuff!
>>
>>54434793
I wouldn't put up with Marisha in a real group. I'd also have called out Orion on his shit much earlier, something i've had to deal with already.

Everyone else would be really fun to play with, they have their issues, but so does everyone else anyway.
>>
>>54434755
>people who believe the show is scripted believe the Kraken fight was intended to take 4 hours and end with Marisha flipping Matt off and getting drunk (or high)
>the'd have to believe Marisha was scripted to throw herself off a fucking 1000ft cliff, wast 2 chances to save herself and get called a fucking idiot
>they'd have to believe writers continue to write Keyleth as the most unlikeable cast member despite it literally bringing Marisha to tears several times and Matt having to make statements about how fucked up she is at home because internet people said mean words
>they'd have to believe Orion's metagaming, min/maxing, and fudging rolls was all scripted, as was him leaving the show
>they'd have to believe that the best the writers could come up with to bring Vax back was allowing him to be a revenant, but they still had the party spend half an hour planning to use true Polymorph to make diamonds, and then True Resurrection to bring Vax back properly
>They'd have to believe it was scripted for Matt to have Pelor ask twice if anyone other than Keyleth would be his champion becuase Keyleth clearly wasn't understanding that the role was intended for Vex instead
>they'd have to believe the script tells Keyleth to waste screentime trying to use low level spells to do things they don't do and then argue with the DM about it
Scriptfags are retards. the plot is meticulously designed by Mercer, he will play soft in boss fights (Raishan running away when she could've TPK'd for example), he makes it very obvious what the party is supposed to do next, and none of them have any interest in doing something unexpected or trying to deviate from what Matt has planned ( except for bringing down the tower in the Shadowfell, which Matt bullshitted his was out of by having the battle map part of the tower fall with Feather Fall ), and so the narrative flows as expected.
The interactions, and the rolls are blatantly not scripted.
>>
>>54434980
>tl;dr if the show was scripted it would be better
>>
>>54434980
>he makes it very obvious what the party is supposed to do next, and none of them have any interest in doing something unexpected or trying to deviate from what Matt has planne

That nobody in party showed real initiative during the chroma conclave arc was really terrible. they basically entirely relied on Matt telling them where to go and what to do next.

They were really passive, which is weird since they weren't like that before
>>
>>54435062
In fairness before that the had the K'varn arc which was basically a higher level dungeon crawl. The Chroma Conclave was VERY open ended, all they knew was they had to kill the dragons somehow. They still chose what order to do it in, and the Umbrasil and [can't remember the white dragon's name] were won mainly on their own initiative. They rigged up a trap for Umbrasil, and Scanlan had a Gate scroll (from before the show was even streamed I think) that gave the a Goristro for the white dragon fight. Matt didn't tip any of them off about that (on screen at least)
>>
>>54434363
>from what I can tell he's not like total human scum

Did you miss the part where he kept making sexual comments to Laura on stream and Travis was about to take his head off? Or the news that prior to getting the boot, there was a huge blow-up behind the scenes because he came onto Marisha while high or some shit like that? Guy's gross.

I also wish I still had screencaps from when I was added to his super secret private fan-only Facebook, because I did used to like the guy. But after he got kicked off the show, he made some very childish posts where the cast couldn't see them, lmao.
>>
>>54435163
>because he came onto Marisha while high
Shortly after contracting AIDS. And while not having told any of the rest of the cast about it yet.
>>
>>54435214
Did he got HIV from sharing needles?
>>
>>54435214
>As if half of LA voice actors don't already have HIV
>>
>>54435252
He hasn't said how he got it, only that he went in to get some tests done for health issues he was having and the doctors went, "You have cancer. Btw when we did blood tests for cancer, we also discovered you have HIV."
>>
>>54435292
>cancer AND HIV
This is what happens when you metagame
>>
>>54435292
However much I despise the guy for his behavior on stream, that's just too much. Hope he either gets better or goes out not too painfully.
>>
>>54435319
If only.
>>
>>54435292
Wow, the guy might be kind of an ass, but that is some seriously fucked up diagnosis. It sounds like the punchline to a really dark joke.
>>
>>54435163
Are we talking about the half-chub moment?
>>
File: GilbertGottfried.jpg (17KB, 406x376px) Image search: [Google]
GilbertGottfried.jpg
17KB, 406x376px
>>54435363
The aristocrats!
>>
>>54435324
>>54435363
I don't like him at all, but I agree, there's definitely a reason he started into hard drugs even though that really doesn't excuse his behavior.
>>
>>54435455
Also, it's worth noting that even though he said he got mixed up in drugs and treated his friends like garbage, there's apparently some OTHER reason he got kicked off the show and can't come back. He's still under NDA and can't say what the real reason was. I can't imagine what he did that's so much worse than doing hard drugs and being a douche to everyone on set that he is still under contract not to say it.
>>
>>54435498
It's probably money
>>
>>54435498
NDA implies the official reason is business related. Might have broken contract in some way. Did he start his web series before or after he left, might have broken a non-compete.
>>
>>54435498
Well, there was the whole intellectual property dispute thing that kinda leaked through. He probably wanted to trademark his shit or something.
>>
>>54435527
After, he started it when Matt revealed Draconia was destroyed and Tiberius was dead, because he's petty and made a bunch of THAT'S NOT MY CANON!!! posts. The web series was launched a few weeks after that.
>>
>>54435534
Which is really weird, since his Tiberius character was not all that interesting. He did put up a great performance with the voice, but the rest? I mean, his home country was literally called Draconia, you cant get less imaginative than that.
>>
>>54435550
Ah, i thought it was older than that. I never bothered to actually watch/listen/read it, so i only vaguely knew of its existence.

Still, being under NDA definitely screams contractual issue/dispute.
>>
Out of curiosity, what DnD resources/players would one recommend watching? I feel like Matthew Colville and the guys at Web DM are pretty cool. ProJared also seems like a decent resource, even if his DnD videos are sparse.
>>
File: 1475517887535.png (521KB, 1025x610px) Image search: [Google]
1475517887535.png
521KB, 1025x610px
>>54431608
>hit me with that new copy pasta senpai
>>
>>54435641
Matt Colville's early videos are excellent, but of late he's sort of fallen into Old Man Yells At Cloud and his videos and twitter are mixed with complaining about how everything made after 1990 are bad and if you like them you're bad.

The GM Tips videos that Geek&Sundry puts out aren't bad if you or your players are new and need some starting resources.

Follow Chris Perkins and Mike Mearls on twitter, they answer questions nearly every day about mechanics or "as a DM, what should I do in this situation".
>>
>>54435641
>Web DM
Their puns fell in quality rather badly. The rest is still decent. Those two are nice Grognards.
>>
>>54435717
>Follow Mike Mearls on twitter, they answer questions nearly every day about mechanics or "as a DM, what should I do in this situation".

So, I look at his answer and than do the opposite?
>>
>>54435641
>>54435717

Eh, some of the advice he gives is pretty weird and has a pretty, let's say unique, GM style that I wouldn't recommend to everyone.

He is however willing to learn from his mistakes and change the way he handles things and that is awesome to watch.
>>
>>54435641
>>54435641
Also if you want other D&D streams to watch

High Rollers is fun. They're a British stream, and they're admittedly a lot of CritRole fans. It's a little awkward at first since some of them had never played the game before, so it takes them some time to settle into their characters and how to be team players. But the DM, Mark Hulmes, is a genuinely nice guy that hasn't developed a big head like some others have.

Dice Camera Action is DMed by Chris Perkins, and has ProJared as a player, among others. Their party is notoriously incompetent, but it's a good stream to watch because Chris Perkins runs them through book adventures but mixes everything up. Good resource for seeing how you can take a pre-written module and customize it.

Acquisitions Inc, also DMed by Chris Perkins, is a bit different since it started as a podcast and is now a series of one shots they play at PAX every year. If you're looking for something just fun, rather than serious, it's a good one.

Force Grey is DMed by Matthew Mercer, and is an official short series that lead into Storm King's Thunder. It's okay, a little over-edited. The C Team is a spin-off of Acquisitions Inc, I haven't watched it but it's apparently good. DCA, AcqInc, Force Grey and The C Team supposedly all take place in the same universe and are psuedo canon.

Adventure Zone is apparently stellar, but I don't like McElroy humor, so I only made it through a few episodes. Everyone loves the shit out of it, though, so YMMV.

Rollplay has a whole lot of series and I've been told they're excellent, but I haven't had time to start them yet.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if anyone else wants to pitch in with other streams, go for it.
>>
>>54435717
Best decision I ever made in terms of twitter was following Chris Perkins. I like Matt Mercer a lot from what I've seen, but Perkins is genuinely who I strive to be and grow as a DM. He's also answered a couple of the questions I send him because it's something "My idiot players are level 4 and encounter a Roc, how do I make this work?" and he answers "The Roc has just grabbed a wagon. Its full of angry Deep Gnomes." Guy is incredible creative.
>>
>>54435954
See the rollplay thread about them.
>>
>>54436049
I saw those tweets and had a good laugh because he said it was Rock Gnomes the Roc had captured, idk how the dude comes up with that shit on the fly and manages to work in puns as well. He's great.
>>
>>54434354
It's like no one in that town either heard a red hot chili peppers song
>>
>>54436111
>>54436049
I really don't get the joke
>>
>>54435954
>>54436060
You can't just recommend Rollplay to people who already hate the "critter" community. Rollplay's poster GM is a flamming tumblrkin complete with pink hair and the mindset that every one of his campaigns is some film production
>>
>>54434469
>the majority of the cast plays those dark and brooding characters
You mean 2 of them?
>>
>Sprigg is the key/key is inside him
>Keyleth: (trying to sound wise) I knew it the minute i set eyes on him.
>Vex: (in mocking tone) Yeah? You knew that? You couldn't have said it?
Love it when Laura channels her husband's thoughts. Fuck Keyleth.
>>
>>54435048
No shit, it would be. A tabletop game is in-the-moment improv, a scripted show would rewrites and rehearsals and shit to make things better.
>>
>>54436274
Roc

Rock Gnomes

The fact that there's a wagon full of like 7-15 scrub NPCs to die while my idiot party either run away or manage to kill this CR 11 creature is all but guaranteed to lead to some hilarious and incredibly intuitive roleplay. They could watch as these randos die and run or act heroic and save some of them. It's a perfectly goofy and forgiving while also imposing serious threat and dramatic flare. What was basically going to be a TPK has now turned into an incredibly versatile encounter. Perkins knows how to DM without being That DM
>>
>>54436390
Its why I said refer to the thread
>>
>>54436424
Vax does it, Percy does it, Vex does it sometimes, Marisha does it in relation to Vax. Literally only Scanlan and Grog don't do it, and even then Scanlan does it sometimes when his daughter is involved.
>>
>>54436435
Ohhh, that's pretty fucking nice.

Yeah I thought he told you the way to solve the problem was to make the party fight the Roc AND the gnomes. Which is why I couldn't comprehend how what he said was any helpful.

Thanks for explaining anon, did it work?
>>
>>54436474
I asked that question after a session. Alchemist used his wand of secrets, which pointed him to a good-ass treasure hoard in the Roc nest, and the Ranger with Monstrosity as his favored enemy had already warned everyone there's a big scary bird somewhere nearby. Curtain closed with everyone taking a long rest and the Alchemist getting ready to waltz right into a Bad Time. I'm putting into practice next session in about a week, but with Perkins help it could lead to some ridiculous shit.
>>
File: mike mearls.png (339KB, 589x621px) Image search: [Google]
mike mearls.png
339KB, 589x621px
>>54435717
>Mike Mearls
How about no
>>
>>54436553
>failing to mention that women are "underrepresented" because the internet and therefore multiplayer games are places where people are typically wary of women being treated TOO positively (given free shit, held as authorities on subjects, white nighted by beta cucks who write for The New York Times etc)
>>
>>54435136
They got the Gate scroll from the treasure that Ripley had on her island, which was like right before going to fight Vorugal (the white dragon)
>>
Any one who's watched 105, they just discovered Sprigg is basically a tuning fork for Planeshift and everyone is eager to go, but Marisha looks like she's about to have a fucking breakdown for no reason. Is this the bit everyone was talking about? Can I get a rough estimate on how far to skip?
>>
>>54436705
It's not awful, just obnoxious. She goes into full spotlight hog mode, wanting this guest to be about and for her too.
>>
>>54436759
>wanting this guest to be about and for her too.
She's been doing this all fucking episode. She started by saying how his insane ramblings somehow make complete sense to her, then she says how she knew he was the key all along, now this. God she's annoying.
>>
>>54436595
>tfw the gay guy at WotC is less of a faggot than Mearls
>>
>>54436049
I remember that tweet, great stuff!
>>
>>54434406
pretty sure that's gonna happen regardless. travis has said more than a few times that he wants to play a character that isn't as dumb as grog's dick is long
>>
>>54434601
lol....loooooooooooooooooooooooool....loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool thanks for the laugh not even gonna dignify this with anything else XD
>>
>>54434605
i stand by my statement. lol @ you calling most of the party getting wiped several times over 'kid gloves'
>>
>>54434601
If I wanted to be jeaolus over attractive women, it would involve Steve Blum and Mary McGlynn.
And notice how almost no one is shitting directly on Matt, or even most of the present group.
Ashley is almost immune to being shat upon, probably because she's always so excited to be hanging out with friends instead of being at work.
>>
>>54434755
it is not scripted ffs quit perpetuating this bullshit
>>
Is 105 peak Keyleth? Can it possibly get worse than Marisha nearly burning everyone alive cos 'lol fire spreads? xD" and crying for the entire last 30mins of the episode, making everything about her whenever she gets a chance?
>>
>>54437037
its scripted as fuck my family man
>>
>>54434862
word. i would have booted marisha's sorry ass after that first fight with kima way back in the single digit episodes. orion didn't bother me that much and he was always making sam laugh which was double cool for me.
>>
>>54437057
See
>>54434980
>>
>>54436390
In my defense, I did say I hadn't watched any of them yet.
>>
>>54435717
I can't stand watching satine phoenix's gm tip videos, something about her is really off putting to me
>>
>>54437074
wtf I love DnD now!
>>
>>54437055
I think "peak Keyleth" was way back at the beginning when she went on that insufferable cunty rant against Kima because "LEL FUCK THE GODS"

It hasn't really gotten worse since then, but it sure as hell hasn't gotten any better
>>
>>54437006
This is how you can tell you haven't actually played much.
>>
>>54437057
no it's not you fucking retard lol
>>
Watching all this autistic screeching about the show has inspired me to go watch it. Where do I start to partake in the memes?
>>
>>54437064
Note i didn't say i'd kick Orion, just that with that kind of player you need shut down the shit he pulled early, and keep a firm stance. He wasn't awful when it came to roleplay or having fun, just the actual mechanical game cheating/metagaming.
>>
>>54437086

She's trying way too hard
>>
>>54437086
she's a former porn actress too lol

>>54437125
never claimed otherwise there big guy
>>
>>54437114
For me the cliff dive certainly summed up her play style very well.
>didn't pay attention to the danger
>jumps off to make a big show of herself
>given 2 chances to save herself
>uses the fucking Gust cantrip for the millionth time
>beast shapes into something useless
>dies
>complains
If only there'd been a half hour monologue about morality and responsibility

>i had to do 7 fucking captchas just to post this
>>
>>54437146
Are you asking for where to watch the show, or are you asking for what episode to start with? I can dig out my starting point recs from the last thread.
>>
>>54437152
agreed. marisha should have gotten the boot during the first 10 episodes
>>
>>54437165
>she's a former porn actress too lol
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
>>
fuck these captchas man lol
>>
>>54437202
The latter. I am not completely retarded (yet)
>>
>>54437186
If Matt hadn't let them revivify, but actually go through their old ritual thing, you'd have hit every weak point. You'd have gotten angst, low voice "wisdom", and reading how things work for several minutes.

If she was pregnant, you'd even get kid killing.
>>
>>54437276
>If she was pregnant, you'd even get kid killing.
kek
>>
>>54437225
Alright, here's a copypasta from the last thread. There's a few good starting points.

Episode 24 is when the show stops shitting around with filler arcs and actually begins to get serious and delve into the intense storytelling and acting the show's known for. It begins a character's personal arc, which is very gothic horror, if you enjoy Ravenloft you'll like that arc. It also sets the stage for the current arc happening in the show right now. Watch episodes 24-25, then skip to episode 28 and watch from there.

Episode 39 is the beginning of the dragon-centered arc that spans like 40 episodes of the show and has a significant impact on the world setting of the show. Since it's the start of a substantial arc, it's a decent place to jump in, although you'll miss some context on who various side characters are.

Episode 95 begins after a year long time skip, and is also where the campaign guide begins. Again, you'll miss a whole lot of context, but given it's a time skip, IMO this is a good place to jump in if you want to be current on the show, then go back and watch the rest later.

Or you can just start with episode 1, but be aware that the early episodes are laden with technical issues and TERRIBLE sound, plus they were all getting used to switching from Pathfinder to 5E, and they kept doing audience interaction shit that was awful, like letting the chat pick what monster they'd fight.
>>
>>54437165
>she's a former porn actress too lol
I found that out after I glanced at her wikipedia page to try and figure out why she's popular. I watched here stuff but it just didn't do it for me
>>
File: faggot.png (436KB, 757x310px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
436KB, 757x310px
>>
>>54437299
>plus they were all getting used to switching from Pathfinder to 5E
"I HAVE ADVANTAGE? WHAT DOES THAT DO" for the 50th fucking time
>>
>>54437276
>low voice "wisdom"
That's definitely one of the worst aspects of the show

But I am kind of pissed Matt allowed Revivify to work, it's a 3rd level spell, Keyleth took damage equivalent to 3 times her hitpoint maximum, she should've splattered like a water balloon.If I'd be DM there it would've been Reincarnation, True Resurrection, or a new character.
>>
>>54437299
Oh, and you'll want to watch this for a rundown of what happened in the years they played before the stream started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8BBzQ5ZDFg
>>
>>54437366
>first fucking BB is fetal deity
Matt really turned it down for live shows
>>
>>54437355
Technically there should probably be a cap to falling damage because a body does have a terminal velocity. People don't turn into unrecognisable jelly just because they jump out of planes without parachutes.
>>
File: 1495125328512.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495125328512.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>54436553
>NXT
>>
>>54437434
She landed on jagged rocks at the bottom of a cliff being battered by ocean waves
>>
>>54437434
People do turn into ribbons though when they fall 1000 feet onto jagged rocks.
>>
>>54437434
>Technically there should probably be a cap to falling damage because a body does have a terminal velocity
This was discussed in an earlier thread.
The DMG caps fall damage at 20d6 )1d6 per 10ft), meaning that a 200ft fall is the same as a 1000ft fall. Humans don't reach terminal velocity until 1800ft, so really the fall damage should cap at 180d6. If double your hit point maximum is insta-death in game, triple your hit point maximum should definitely be leaving you in pieces IMO.
1000ft drop is roughly equivalent to falling from 100 floors up, the Empire State Building has 102 floors.
>>
>>54437309
same here lol
>>
>>54437507
blah blah blah blah stfu nerd lol
>>
>>54437434
tell that to the wtc jumpers
>>
File: IMG_20170624_133247.jpg (180KB, 2048x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_133247.jpg
180KB, 2048x1088px
>>54428199
Yeah, I bought it.
>>54427374
I like it, it's a fun story. And the players are largely competent, more so than my group, who last time we met argued for a fucking hour about whether or not to cross a goddamned bridge. My GM also doesn't have a spine or a sense of planning or organization, so I look upon Mercer with envy.
Does the show have problems? Yes.
Do I dislike Keyleth? Sometimes.
But is it just a goddamn show that's meant for entertainment and fun of their players? Absolutely. It's just a show.
Besides, why should we care? It's not like they're hurting anything.
>>
>>54437796
Yes daddy, shove me in a locker
>>
>>54437796
nu/tg/ everyone

literal 12 years olds
>>
>>54437833
>But is it just a goddamn show that's meant for entertainment and fun of their players? Absolutely. It's just a show.
I think we all agree here. We all like the show enough to keep watching, even if some of us are watching solely for the slow-mo train wreck. It's just in most corners of the internet you can't complain about the glaringly obvious flaws in the show without someone white-knighting for the cast, or dismissing you as "a hater" or some shit.
We just come here to vent, while also talking about where we think the story will go
>>
>>54438064
I gotcha. Sorry I laid into y'all, I'm drunk and fanboying to hard right now. And I think I just had to lay into somebody.
>>
>>54438140
Don't worry about it, you weren't even that harsh
What do you think the next campaign will be like/ Any classes you're particularly hoping someone will pick up?
>>
File: dwarven wifes.jpg (41KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
dwarven wifes.jpg
41KB, 620x349px
>>54437833
>Besides, why should we care? It's not like they're hurting anything.
>being this retarded
Mercer is the cancer of tabletop gaming
>>
>>54438052
lolwut
>>
>>54438204
I dunno, they've fought a lot of quintessential D&D stuff, so I'd say something out of the ordinary like "the Mummy of Markett" or somesuch. Perhaps the fallout and industrialization of Percy's guns.
As far as classes, it's almost a done deal that Travis is going to be a Lycan or something similar like a shifter, but I think someone doing a Psion or a Kensai Monk (essentially a Swordsage from 3.5) would be a lot of fun, would probably fit Liam pretty well. Otherwise, I think it's pretty open, I could see a lot of them doing a variety of different things.
>>54438286
And how many Homebrew classes have you written, again?
>>
>>54438030
get in my bed first
>>
>>54437833
except for marisha's dumb ass who brings the show down every time she opens her cunty mouth
>>
>>54438286
marisha is the cancer ftfy
>>
it's their game first and then a show for the rest of us but how the fuck have they tolerated marisha for this long? dm's fiancee be damned fuck that shit
>>
>>54438367
>except for marisha's dumb ass who brings the show down every time she opens her cunty mouth
She's not always bad, but she can get pretty hard to stand sometimes.
>>
>>54438354
>Perhaps the fallout and industrialization of Percy's guns.
That does feel like an inevitable result of introducing a gunslinger who equips his town guard, then skipping 30 years on in that timeline. Not a fan of it though, prefer high fantasy D&D, I don't see why guns would ever be invented in a world with magic, if anything was going to be mass produced it'd be something like a wand of fireballs or something.

And Im just hoping whatever Travis picks is intelligent. Grog is great but I think the game would work better if Travis was able to suggest his ideas, he's easily the most level-headed

>>54438357
Yes sir ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>54427530
eh the first beholder fight episode was hilarious (#11) so watch that too. also #4 and #10 have q&a's post show so check those out too
>>
>>54438395
when you're friends you usually don't notice that shit as much

I sometimes worry if I'm the marisha of my friend group sometimes
>>
>>54438432
>I sometimes worry if I'm the marisha of my friend group sometimes
Because you ask yourself this, chances are you're not.
>>
>>54438432
Do you do 'low voice = wise'?
>>
>>54434601

>yor jelous

Nigger I have a girlfriend, and she plays Dungeon Crawl Classics with my group all of the time bro.

She also:
- respects the fact that she is not the protagonist
- actually knows what her spells(can potentially) do
- roleplays a character she described and does so well(I am a genius tactician. She accomplishes this by being extremely tactical, weighing odds of survival, asking me for descriptions of different monsters on the fly to see if one or more of them is a bigger threat to the party.)

It's not like this is really impressive shit either, because I have lots of players that do that shit normally. Marisha sounds like she sucks, I dont watch the show and dont know how I clicked on this thread, but you have some serious autism if you think that people are "jealous" because Marisha is slightly attractive with points of makeup. Every single post seems to be "she sucks, wastes people's time and isn't particularly interesting."

t. Lesbian who games with her wife
>>
>>54438492
you went in too strong
I almost believed you
>>
>>54438454
neat

>>54438456
I do 'low voice = low voice'
>>
>>54438399
she's been a constant consistent pain in the ass since the first 10 episodes

>>54438402
unless you're a dude lol
>>
>>54438565
Marisha is a combo That Guy and DM's Girlfriend. If you ask yourself "am i being That Guy?" means you are probably self aware enough that you aren't, at least routinely, That Guy. I hope you know if you are the DM's Girlfriend, although keep in mind that it isn't always literal, you can be in a completely non-relationship, if he wants to jump you.
>>
>>54438492
lol nigger XD
>>
>>54438650
>unless you're a dude lol
What if I'm a girl (male)? it's not gay if I'm wearing a skirt
>>
>>54438668
as long as you ain't got a dick i'm good
>>
Despite my hatred for Keyleth. She is the only one that takes notes on a consistent basis.
>>
>>54438696
I think Laura does too
>>
ot but yo if u dig good beats check out young buck his mixtapes are da shit nigga
>>
>>54438696
and therein lies the main issue - the bitch can't multitask it's either the notes or paying attention to wtf's going on in the game
>>
someone else needs to take notes in the interest of marisha not asking questions that have LITERALLY just been answered right before she asks XD
>>
>>54438709
Laura does but not on Marisha's level
>>
>>54438696
>>54438709
Laura takes notes, but then forgets what she wrote by the next episode, and can rarely be bothered looking anything up after it's written down.
>>
>>54438657
Now I'll keep an eye out for being the DM's Girlfriend. That sounds worrying. Doesn't seem likely but still worrying
>>
>>54438689
Then our love was never meant to be
>>
>>54438815
Some telltale signs include
>Favorable treatment by NPCs
>Extra spotlight/story focus
>Items. Generally more powerful, almost always more special/unique
>Letting you get away with things that other players can't
>Always giving in or taking your side in an argument
>Whenever you aren't around, NPCs ask "Where's Poochy?"
>>
>>54438832
how about your sister then?
>>
>>54438847
Sounds like Matt is cheating on Marisha with Liam then
>>
>>54438858
I have as many sisters as I have vaginas. None.
>>
>>54438861
No one asks where Vax is, and he's had more NPCs try to kill him personally than anyone else. The items thing is definitely true though.

Remember, the Clasp got told off by Keyleth, and then it was never brought up again. And she's the Avatar after all.
>>
>>54438861
don't tell sam that
>>
>>54438892
alright i GUESS i'll settle for your mom then
>>
>>54438919
Damn. I have as many mothers as I have penises. One
>>
>>54438861
>Favorable treatment by NPCs
Vax has been mind controlled and backstabbed by NPCs, Keyleth is the leader of her people, and friends with everyone
>Extra spotlight/story focus
Keyleth went on a literal Avatar:The Last Airbender quest that spanned the entire show, Vax got a sister who died, so he sacrificed himself
>Items. Generally more powerful, almost always more special/unique
He has more of them, but Keyleth and Sam have the most interesting ones, and Keyleths is 100% the most versatile, letting her cast spells she couldn't otherwise
>Letting you get away with things that other players can't
Vax gets away with stuff, but always asks and is turned down about half the time. Mechanically he's too strong, but thats because of various item and ability interactions, which lets him break things.
Marisha dives off a cliff and gets revivified sans ritual
>Always giving in or taking your side in an argument
She's the groups "moral compass" and a "great leader", while Vax runs off and does his own thing
>Whenever you aren't around, NPCs ask "Where's Poochy?"
Vax is the most frequently absent character, other than the literally absent Pike, not in the room in half the conversations. Keyleth always "overhears" or runs over any time something happens.
>>
>>54427374
nigga you dumber than grog fuck outta here bitch
>>
goddamn she used to be a lil more than aight

https://teamhellions.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/bondgirlmarisha.jpg
>>
better one wtf happened ms huber goddamn

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiINKECS7RB9E3RRa7zzumu2zqOFtd9k6GoXMAhi9rSYmNnhkLbw
>>
>>54439357
>>54439307
she just realized her real value is inside of her.
And so her transformation into a skeleton began!
>>
>>54439357
She probably went from pot to crack or something. A shame, really. Imagining sorta sane, more full-bodied Marisha arouses me just a bit.
>>
>>54439377
transformation damn near complete unfortunately although when she dolls herself up she goes back to lookin aight
>>
>>54439410
nah she still smoke weed to keep her anxiety and shit in check but unfortunately the weed make her ass dumber and less cognizant than a drunk grog
>>
if only laura had bigger tits that bitch would always have a spot in my bank but you gotta have dem titties, man ala ashley and marisha (back in her prime)

ashley was a freak back in the day too showin a helluva lotta skin during her dirt days and makin out with patricia arquette in one of the episodes
>>
File: Vestiges of the Divergence.png (7MB, 3654x1708px) Image search: [Google]
Vestiges of the Divergence.png
7MB, 3654x1708px
What do you guys think of them?
>>
>>54439991
The idea of items that improve alongside characters is a good one, but making them "artifacts" seems like it gives these items too much credit.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.