[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the last Setting you played in view Murderhobos? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: img000010.jpg (868KB, 1350x1920px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.jpg
868KB, 1350x1920px
How does the last Setting you played in view Murderhobos?

Are they seen as the Chosen Heroes?
Or dangerous mentally unstable people doing crazy shit for a meal ticket?
Or maybe is their existence akin to mercenaries where people regard them just as professionals doing their jobs?
How do they mingle with people who are not of the adventurer-profession?

Apart from that what is your favourite take on this topic?
>>
One steamy book.
>>
File: gif in hell.jpg (4KB, 314x23px) Image search: [Google]
gif in hell.jpg
4KB, 314x23px
>>54426886
I almost exclusively play games where "adventurers" do not exist. If you are traveling from town to town and your job description is "will do anything that includes violence for money" then you're a mercenary, not an "adventurer."

Also, literal murderhobos should be either murdered or arrested and sent to work camps/penal battalions, unless you want the countryside to fill with corpses.
>>
>>54426886
Most of them die young and pretty fast. Those who break the law either die being hunted down by soldiers or are hanged. Those who survive and do not break the laws hard enough are knighted, put into a proper knightly Order and get to work hunting monsters under Royal supervision.

Though that's just one of the countries. Their neighbours are more divided and mostly deal with murderhobos on case by case basis, with lords trying to snatch them for their retinues or just killing them.

There are some mercenary companies that take more or less anyone who is capable of following orders so murderhobos can join them.

Orcs are actually pretty hard on them. Even more than other races. After their religion gone through a reform exchanging sole Gruumsh for a Gruumsh / Kord / Heironeous pantheon they really came hard on all murderhobos and anyone who acts without a proper dispensation from above.

Overall the world is a pretty harsh place and surviving alone is very hard.
>>
>>54426886
They're seen as mercenaries and treated as mercenaries until they prove themselves to have higher convictions.
>>
>>54426886
What is this from?
>>
>>54426886
The only ones that are seen as "chosen heroes" are those who have divine magic, but even then that's because they're church sponsored so they have the approval of their god or goddess.

Those that keep to murderhoboing threats to the local area, are tolerated but the ones that cause trouble never make it past level 3 because the people don't tolerate their bullshit.

There are some people who see mercenaries as murderhobos for fire, but several have codes of conducts and tend to be seen in more favorable light.

If they're from town, then they're treated and are expected as such. Outsiders are treated like any other outsider until they endear themselves to the local.

Wizards and sorcerers are treated like walking bombs though, as they have no sense of right or wrong.
>>
>>54427561
Boku no Pico
>>
>>54428037
Not that guy, but google, yandex, and saucenao gave me no results.
>>
File: DO you take me for a fool.jpg (65KB, 424x752px) Image search: [Google]
DO you take me for a fool.jpg
65KB, 424x752px
>>54428037
>>
>>54428037
Why are you fitting to do me like that, sir?
>>
>>54426886
Well in my own campaign only real murderhobo is entire elf race - they are thrilled by the hunt and seek anything interesting to kill, so...a group of monsters rose up to deal with it - called Elf-Hunters, mostly gnoll warrios, clerics and kobolds spell casters, but there are times when this group is joined by humans and even drow, as this elf menace must be stopped (Also reason why my world has no orcs any more)
>>
>>54426886
Anybody in the setting who could accurately be described as a murderhobo is either viewed as a thrill seeker adrenaline junkie type ("I'm gonna hunt a fucking dragon with an RPG!") or as a mercenary, which is generally not far off.

The setting takes place in contemporary times, and there's not a lot of "world ending evil wizards" around, since they've mostly already been dealt with already. So most of the issues stem from nations disagreeing on who owns that oilfield or small frontier towns having issues with bandits, monsters or possibly otherworldly threats that fill the inbetween space of their world and another.
>>
>>54428046
>>54428063
>>54428161
Fine. Here you go.
https://exhentai.org/g/53369/2bc60e98ea/
>>
File: Nat1 Sense Motive.png (382KB, 940x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Nat1 Sense Motive.png
382KB, 940x1260px
>>54428063
>>
>>54426886
....really though, what is this from?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.