[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we make Mermaids more interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: DFMiMykXYAIToG8.jpg (223KB, 722x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFMiMykXYAIToG8.jpg
223KB, 722x1200px
How can we make Mermaids more interesting?
>>
File: Fire_On_The_Velvet_Horizon.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_On_The_Velvet_Horizon.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
Something like pic related.

Mix them with sirens or make them tragic figures.

The Little Mermaid is actually a pretty sad story if told correctly.
>>
>>54426491
We will need the following:
>knives
>rope
>dagger
>chains
>rocks
>laser beams
>acid
>body bag
>>
make them whales
>>
Mermaids are running a protection racket on merchant ships.
>>
File: MyNigg.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
MyNigg.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>54426559
>Fire on the Velvet Horizon
>>
Metalic creatures in the form of flat eels that lure sailors with their songs to eat their energy.
>>
Fantasy Depth Charges.
>>
>>54429536
I'm a sucker for eel-people, made some for my new setting.

Short, broad, superhuman grip and crushing strength, amphibious, and they're super adaptive so PCs can pick shit like big needle teeth, electric eel sense and shocks, chameleon skin, wall-clinging etc etc
>>
File: ch12_40.jpg (323KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch12_40.jpg
323KB, 600x900px
>>
>>54429717
> that one guy having a marital spat with his mermaid wafiu
>>
>>54429852
That's Minnow, isn't it? She's more interested in burying the medals of the dead soldiers than fucking a thundercloud. What a nerd.
>>
File: 1489984544228.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489984544228.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>54429518
>>
>>54430421
She also speaks unlike the others.

Ashley has said she's going to be the next main character after Duane and Sette's story.
>>
File: Brutal.png (387KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brutal.png
387KB, 600x600px
>>54428554
>>
I've loved Merfolk since I started playing MtG. I've always wanted to run a game set in an archipeligo with a faction of Merfolk as something the PCs have to work around or befriend or antagonize.

I wanted it to feel like a borderground, between some unknown Underwater Empire and the Land. Constantinople between Sand and Silt.
>>
I rolled a merman fighter/blacksmith in a pathfinder land campaign, move speed was stupid slow but damn was it hilarious.
>>
File: Thalassian6.2.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Thalassian6.2.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54426491
give them an actual civilization instead of keeping them tribal nomads.
i made mermaids a turbo capitalist race.
their society is a republic controlled by the various professional guilds constantly jockeying for power.
they are expert buisnessmen, negotiators, and explorers
>>
File: Liir High Inquisitor.jpg (188KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
Liir High Inquisitor.jpg
188KB, 636x900px
Make them space faring murderous dolphins.
>>
>>54437894
stupid is not interesting
>>
>>54437848
I appreciate this and specially the effort done. But transforming mermaids into bluemen doesn't do it for me.

I don't want Aquaman, I want a screeching mermaid.
>>
File: nagacup.png (382KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nagacup.png
382KB, 800x800px
>>54437996
that race originally had tails. nothing is stopping you from putting them back.
just say they have tails that are long enough and powerful enough to hold the mermaid upright on land, like a naga
-10 movement
in exchange give them a small situational bonus called merfolk blood.
reroll 1s on saves to resist magic.
>>
>>54438091
now that's based
>>
What's wrong with them?
>>
>>54437996
>>54438117
also, read these.
1d4chan.org/wiki/merfolk
>>
>>54433127
>>54437848
Seto no Hanayome warring-states era prequel, anybody?
>>
>>54426491
Make them more fish than human, none of that half and half bullshit.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/6kspty/a_harsh_lesson_on_bringing_flagellant_to_fight/
>>
the bones of mermaid children are intensely valuable.
mermaids have an incredibly short gestation period.
mermaid children grow up fast compared to a human, reaching around 6 years old (the prime bone harvest age) in about 7 months.
>>
>>54426491
Make them look like creepy abyss creatures with transparent skin, visible bones through transparency and bioluminescence
Necromancer civilization recycling dead creatures and humanoids coming from the surface to serve as slaves and soldiers to raid fishers settlements and bring back more corpses / rare terrestrial ressources
>>
>>54437996
Get back the standard mermaid body, keep the capitalism. Maybe they've started running a protection racket for local pirates, asking for treasure and a fresh supply of meat
>>
>>54428554
*tips fedora*
>>
>>54438703
the only problem is figuring out where the mermaids are breeding when there's twelve different bays to search through.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.